Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Matt Firor's Message from BE3"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
3175d2a9d4c5ec7f7c374e24ce124d.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Matt Firor's Message from BE3. Read it for details about what Matt discussed at the Bethesda E3 Showcase, including OneTamriel!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hype.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... if I'm understanding this properly... there's no longer a reason to buy the "Any Race, Any Alliance" pack?
  • mertusta
    mertusta
    ✭✭✭✭
    So... if I'm understanding this properly... there's no longer a reason to buy the "Any Race, Any Alliance" pack?

You got it wrong. You can play with anyone but you still will not be able to play with Dark elf in daggerfall for example. So, there is a reason to buy any race any alliance pack :)
    Edited by mertusta on June 13, 2016 3:14AM
  • Rouge_Sword
    Rouge_Sword
    Soul Shriven
    Wait so what's the point of joining any particular alliance then?
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm hoping they just add in additional faction-specific quests in other areas to still make a player's chosen faction have SOME sort of meaning other than PVP.
  • Tanaka_Khan
    Tanaka_Khan
    ✭✭✭
    So when is this happening?
  • Lavum
    Lavum
    ✭✭✭
    Really be nice if they would fix the game they have before trying to add more. There is pages of problems this game has that they don't address.
    Don't say -"Cash Grab" when it is a "Cash Grab" by ZoS. Apparently "Cash Grab" is not PC.
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when is this happening?

Fall 2016
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    So what's happening to Craglorn? Still Veteran-locked?
  • mrs_gibbs
    mrs_gibbs
    ✭✭✭
    White wolf!!!
  • TheBlaziken
    TheBlaziken
    ✭✭
    hyped.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everybody else announces all of this cool looking stuff before ending their presentation to excited applause we get "we are removing all level restrictions and calling it one tamriel."
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you want to fight for blue in Cyrodiil with a Dark Elf...
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although it won't affect me and my maxed out characters anymore, I think this is a great change.

I mean, creating a new character and being able to go anywhere you want? That's a HUGE amount of content for new players right at their fingertips. Just as overwhelming as an Elder Scrolls game should feel. :)
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I can create a brand-new DC character, walk from Glenumbra to Auridon... and fight Covenant soldiers.
    BRILLIANT.
    The game wasn't designed for inter-faction traveling. Silver and Gold interactions made that painfully obvious, and now they've just bum *** a battle leveling system on top of it.

"In general, higher level players will be the same “level" as lower level players, but they will have far more tools in their arsenal: better gear, more abilities, and of course more Champion points."

So the game really will be a CP-measuring contest now. Thanks guys.

"One Tamriel will not affect the PvP systems in Cyrodiil."

Of course it does. This makes PVP obsolete because you're now allowed to play all three sides at your whim. You're not a champion anymore. You're a tourist.

Welcome to Disneynirn.
    signing off
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That was underwhelming. Nothing about new content, just a little message about removing alliance restrictions.
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should have watched GOT instead
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This really is amazing news! Very exciting indeed :) I have a specific question though. Does this now mean that people can potentially share werewolf bites with players of different factions? This is extremely important and pivotal to my werewolf guild that offers bites to people. We have always had to divide our bite services between factions, and often discussed how useful it would be if there was a zone that was truly neutral and allowed us to see each other and give our bites to any side. This will be a major improvement not only in our ability to get free bites to people who need them, but also in our meetup events due to our multi faction nature :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Rana1014
    Rana1014
    ✭✭✭
    "578 Million Mudcrabs killed"
    b3ca32e49c0e2fd007b4d997e0a21a0e.jpg
    Edited by Rana1014 on June 13, 2016 3:38AM
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    So I can create a brand-new DC character, walk from Glenumbra to Auridon... and fight Covenant soldiers.
    BRILLIANT.
    The game wasn't designed for inter-faction traveling. Silver and Gold interactions made that painfully obvious, and now they've just bum *** a battle leveling system on top of it.

"In general, higher level players will be the same “level" as lower level players, but they will have far more tools in their arsenal: better gear, more abilities, and of course more Champion points."

So the game really will be a CP-measuring contest now. Thanks guys.

"One Tamriel will not affect the PvP systems in Cyrodiil."

Of course it does. This makes PVP obsolete because you're now allowed to play all three sides at your whim. You're not a champion anymore. You're a tourist.

Welcome to Disneynirn.

You are really exaggerating the impact on Cyrodiil. People already have characters in multiple factions, even with questing limitations. Not a big deal.

My bigger concern will be the scaling. It will be interesting to see how they keep zones playable for characters in soul-shriven rags and no skills while not making them even easier than they are now for max level players.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well ok , I guess so .

#FactionDontMatter
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geez I get excited about the idea of this and I come back to the forums to see some new info on it. Bam! What do you know a bunch of negative comments that just kill my buzz. I am regreting my decision for reading other people comments about the subject.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta love PR. "I just got off the stage at Bethesda's E3 Showcase" even though the article was written well in advance (and this forum post, too--anyone else notice, from the date and the thread ID, that this was created days ago and was merely hidden until now?).

Anyway, my first concern is that the reason people don't group up isn't because of level/faction restrictions. It's because there is no reason to group up, unless you're doing the 4-man dungeons or 12-man trials. Everything is so ridiculously easy that even a barely competent player will breeze through zone content solo with ease. What exactly would be the point of grouping up? They need to revamp the difficulty and give people an incentive to group up.

Second, I'd be very, very concerned about performance. Places like Wayrest, Mournhold, or Rawl during prime time are very crowded for DC, EP, and AD players respectively, and there's a very noticeable impact on performance (e.g., lags in bar swapping that I wouldn't notice elsewhere). Now instead of there being three separate Rawls that people funnel into, there will be just one.

Third, I liked that the silver and gold zones were relatively quiet. If I wanted to farm mats, explore, etc., I prefer doing it in an empty zone, not one that's been trampled all over by other people.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Gotta love PR. "I just got off the stage at Bethesda's E3 Showcase" even though the article was written well in advance (and this forum post, too--anyone else notice, from the date and the thread ID, that this was created days ago and was merely hidden until now?).

Anyway, my first concern is that the reason people don't group up isn't because of level/faction restrictions. It's because there is no reason to group up, unless you're doing the 4-man dungeons or 12-man trials. Everything is so ridiculously easy that even a barely competent player will breeze through zone content solo with ease. What exactly would be the point of grouping up? They need to revamp the difficulty and give people an incentive to group up.

Second, I'd be very, very concerned about performance. Places like Wayrest, Mournhold, or Rawl during prime time are very crowded for DC, EP, and AD players respectively, and there's a very noticeable impact on performance (e.g., lags in bar swapping that I wouldn't notice elsewhere). Now instead of there being three separate Rawls that people funnel into, there will be just one.

Third, I liked that the silver and gold zones were relatively quiet. If I wanted to farm mats, explore, etc., I prefer doing it in an empty zone, not one that's been trampled all over by other people.

@code65536

It's somethings new and innovative . Like everything else we never asked for . Y U No Clap ?

But seriously , it's very underwhelming . An everything in your post will be a problem . Performance is a huge issue now . Just imagine everyone jammed in the same zones foraging crafting mats ... lol
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wonder if this is why we had a server stress test couple weeks back. see if each zone can handle every faction combined, and how much they would need to upgrade the servers
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys act like there aren't already zone instances with player caps. This won't affect performance.
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There used to be shards for over flow, but a couple weeks back we witnessed the fact that they got rid of those over flow shards, maby they will bring them back to help with the increased pop in each zone.
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want this.
    Lethal zergling
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »

You really missed the point of grouping up.

There are players who come to the game wanting to play with a player who recruited them. The problem is that the inviter's character is at a level such that they can't group up. Similarly, there are friends who want to play together but want to play classes in different factions.

They don't need to add incentives for grouping up. The feature is there for people who already want to do it. There have been plenty of threads about this in the forum in the past if you were paying attention.
  • Llevndryn
    Llevndryn
    ✭✭✭
    This is the game I want ! Thanks !