The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Matt Firor's Message from BE3"

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It sounds nice I guess, but I'm glad I didn't stay up late for this.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    Lettigall wrote: »
    I kinda wished that ZOS will go towards bringing faction pride back not that they end the Three Banners War!

I'm usually supportive of any progressive changes to gameplay, but I am concerned that this 'all in one" melting pot concept will further dilute "faction pride" at a time when new, up-and-coming competitor games are bringing faction pride back due to popular demand.
    Edited by keto3000 on June 13, 2016 10:37AM
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • Woenprom
    Woenprom
    ✭✭✭
    Just realized:

This auto-battle-level thing will make the game so boring... No matter where you go, there always be monsters of your level.

Remember that feel when you take your lvl 10 char into lvl 40 area? Barely defeated some mobs, looted the gear you cant even use due to lvl restriction? No more such thing, no more casual chalenge, no more fun.

ESO just took the worst thing Skyrim had- auto leveling...

" Multiplayer? M'aiq does not know this word. You wish others to help you in your quest? Coward! "
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arato wrote: »
    Wait so I have a question...

With silver/gold zones removed... how are tiers 6-8 of crafting materials going to be done?

Cause as it is now. Silver zones give Tier 6 for the first 2 zones, tier 7 for the other 3 zones, gold zones give tier 8 for the first 2 zones and tier 9 for the last 3 zones.

But now..

Starter Zones and Auridon/Glenumbra/Stonefalls = Tier 1
    Grahtwood/Stormhaven/Deshaan = Tier 2 (mostly)
    Greenshade/Rivenspire/Shadowfen = Tier 3 (mostly)
    Malabal Tor/Al'Akir/Eastmarch = Tier 4 (mostly)
    Reaper's March/Bangkorai/the Rift = Tier 4 and Tier 5
    Craglorn = Tier 9
    DLC areas and Cyrodiil = Scaling up to tier 10

If for some reason you need Tier 8 material to like, craft armor for a friend.. now you can't get that material without respeccing and reducing your crafting skill to tier 8.

Crafting mats are a mess right now, and will be worse when One Tamriel hits.

Maybe they'll make the nodes randomize?
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Acrolas wrote: »
    So I can create a brand-new DC character, walk from Glenumbra to Auridon... and fight Covenant soldiers.
    BRILLIANT.
    The game wasn't designed for inter-faction traveling. Silver and Gold interactions made that painfully obvious, and now they've just bum *** a battle leveling system on top of it.

"In general, higher level players will be the same “level" as lower level players, but they will have far more tools in their arsenal: better gear, more abilities, and of course more Champion points."

So the game really will be a CP-measuring contest now. Thanks guys.

"One Tamriel will not affect the PvP systems in Cyrodiil."

Of course it does. This makes PVP obsolete because you're now allowed to play all three sides at your whim. You're not a champion anymore. You're a tourist.

Welcome to Disneynirn.

You are really exaggerating the impact on Cyrodiil. People already have characters in multiple factions, even with questing limitations. Not a big deal.

My bigger concern will be the scaling. It will be interesting to see how they keep zones playable for characters in soul-shriven rags and no skills while not making them even easier than they are now for max level players.

It will be Disneynirn. No matter where you go, the world will be what you need it to be. Monsters will scale to you. Loot will scale to you. Crafting materials will scale to you. For a max level crafter at level 50, the world will be a uniform place of CP 160 monsters, rubedite, Ruby ash, ancestor silk, and rubedo hides.

Normally, I would be thrilled about this, but with ZOS I know there will be shortcuts, they will take the easy way out and, always, cater to the least common denominator of player.

There will be tons of places to travel, and no reason to leave home.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hell yes! :)

Cross-faction RP!
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, to strive, to seek and not to yield."

-Tennyson, Ulysses
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    keto3000 wrote: »
    I kinda wished that ZOS will go towards bringing faction pride back not that they end the Three Banners War!

I'm usually supportive of any progressive changes to gameplay, but I am concerned that this 'all in one" melting pot concept will further dilute "faction pride" at a time when new, up-and-coming competitor games are bringing faction pride back due to popular demand.

I am Daggerfall until the day I die.
    For me faction pride is a fire that's personal and stoked from within. I don't care if the 6,999,999 other players playing ESO don't have it, for me it will always be there. Regardless.

I do understand what you're saying, but I think the pride of belonging finds a way to take root within a player receptive to such regardless of the gaming environment. Players either have that loyalty or they don't.

If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Can you explain these two to me?
    [*]You will be able to explore the entire world in any sequence you wish - just walk across the world and you will always find appropriately leveled content.
    [*]We are dropping all PvE Alliance restrictions. You will be free to explore of all Tamriel, including other Alliances. It is up to you how you want to role-play your character while doing this. “Silver" and “gold" versions of zones will be replaced by Cadwell quest storylines that you can do in any order you wish.
    -> Question
    Does this mean that we can now communicate and or be part of the other factions zone? Say I'm DC and I want to see EP area with EP players, are we still separated? Or are we combine?(Ex: DC hanging with EP in EP town)

[*]Alliance restrictions will still be enforced in all PvP areas, of course. One Tamriel will not affect the PvP systems in Cyrodiil.

->Question
    Will there eventually be open world pvp areas, and or will we be able to attack certain EP/DC/AD areas with players defending, like open-world?

Thank you, Jessica.
    Cast
    Edited by Casterial on June 13, 2016 10:49AM
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    keto3000 wrote: »

I am Daggerfall until the day I die.
    For me faction pride is a fire that's personal and stoked from within. I don't care if the 6,999,999 other players playing ESO don't have it, for me it will always be there. Regardless.

I do understand what you're saying, but I think the pride of belonging finds a way to take root within a player receptive to such regardless of the gaming environment. Players either have that loyalty or they don't.

You need to accept multiculturalism. Out with nationalism!
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • Demonhunter
    Demonhunter
    ✭✭
    With tamriel one, i dont get the fact that a DC/EP and AD player can walk into any opposing zones / lands and not get attacked by the opposing faction players while theres a war against the factions in cyrodil. Logically if there trying to mimic other MMORPG's , then they should add the pvp flag system or the contested system when your faction walks into another faction zone to promote pvp. Also it defies the lore, your friendly with all the factions in the faction zones and suddenly when you walk into cyrodiil you become enemies?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woenprom wrote: »
    Skyrim wasn't actually so bad; things had a minimum level in Skyrim, so it was possible to find enemies in some places that you couldn't handle. What ESO is doing is going towards Oblivion.
    Othman86 wrote: »
    What i mean is you STILL CANNOT interact with OTHER players from another factions OUTSIDE dungeons and Cyrodiil. That would be an RP restrictions and both PvE restrictions. lets say that i have a level 50 toon in one faction but i invited my friend to play with me at his own interest. say he chooses another faction that i am not in and told me he leveled to 20 on that faction. I cannot meet up with him unless he is in a dungeon or cyrodiil pvp.
    Yes you can, that's exactly the point of One Tamriel.
    • You will be able to explore the entire world in any sequence you wish - just walk across the world and you will always find appropriately leveled content.
    • You will be able to play and group with anyone in the game at any time (outside of PvP). No longer will you have to create a lower level character to play with a friend who has just joined the game. You will be able to group and adventure together from the moment your friend emerges from the tutorial.
    • We are dropping all PvE Alliance restrictions. You will be free to explore of all Tamriel, including other Alliances. It is up to you how you want to role-play your character while doing this. “Silver" and “gold" versions of zones will be replaced by Cadwell quest storylines that you can do in any order you wish.
    • Alliance restrictions will still be enforced in all PvP areas, of course. One Tamriel will not affect the PvP systems in Cyrodiil.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • bagboygooch_ESO
    bagboygooch_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Best decision made for the game yet, and I thought you guys were on a roll removing VR ranks. Thanks, this finally is what it should've been all along. I've never been more excited about playing this game.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Arato wrote: »
    Wait so I have a question...

With silver/gold zones removed... how are tiers 6-8 of crafting materials going to be done?

Cause as it is now. Silver zones give Tier 6 for the first 2 zones, tier 7 for the other 3 zones, gold zones give tier 8 for the first 2 zones and tier 9 for the last 3 zones.

But now..

Starter Zones and Auridon/Glenumbra/Stonefalls = Tier 1
    Grahtwood/Stormhaven/Deshaan = Tier 2 (mostly)
    Greenshade/Rivenspire/Shadowfen = Tier 3 (mostly)
    Malabal Tor/Al'Akir/Eastmarch = Tier 4 (mostly)
    Reaper's March/Bangkorai/the Rift = Tier 4 and Tier 5
    Craglorn = Tier 9
    DLC areas and Cyrodiil = Scaling up to tier 10

If for some reason you need Tier 8 material to like, craft armor for a friend.. now you can't get that material without respeccing and reducing your crafting skill to tier 8.

Crafting mats are a mess right now, and will be worse when One Tamriel hits.

This is what I want to know. How is this going to work with crafting? If I need new player level mats, but all I have are cp150+ characters, will I be able to find the mats or will I have to create new alts to collect them? @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ?

• Othman86
    Othman86
    Soul Shriven
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Skyrim wasn't actually so bad; things had a minimum level in Skyrim, so it was possible to find enemies in some places that you couldn't handle. What ESO is doing is going towards Oblivion.
    Othman86 wrote: »
    What i mean is you STILL CANNOT interact with OTHER players from another factions OUTSIDE dungeons and Cyrodiil. That would be an RP restrictions and both PvE restrictions. lets say that i have a level 50 toon in one faction but i invited my friend to play with me at his own interest. say he chooses another faction that i am not in and told me he leveled to 20 on that faction. I cannot meet up with him unless he is in a dungeon or cyrodiil pvp.
    Yes you can, that's exactly the point of One Tamriel.
    • You will be able to explore the entire world in any sequence you wish - just walk across the world and you will always find appropriately leveled content.
    • You will be able to play and group with anyone in the game at any time (outside of PvP). No longer will you have to create a lower level character to play with a friend who has just joined the game. You will be able to group and adventure together from the moment your friend emerges from the tutorial.
    • We are dropping all PvE Alliance restrictions. You will be free to explore of all Tamriel, including other Alliances. It is up to you how you want to role-play your character while doing this. “Silver" and “gold" versions of zones will be replaced by Cadwell quest storylines that you can do in any order you wish.
    • Alliance restrictions will still be enforced in all PvP areas, of course. One Tamriel will not affect the PvP systems in Cyrodiil.

....... okay i rest my case. thank you for providing the clarity to my questions.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Pretty much this.

With 8 max. level characters, this won't affect me. But what is the point of levels at all, if you're just going to be scaled up? Where is the sense of character progression, if everything stays the same?

The "I need to make my character stronger!" staple of (MMO)RPGs is now officially gone when it comes to leveling experience, and that is sad news.

I would've preferred if they just removed alliance restrictions & had zones scale from 1-50 normally and then everything would scale.
  • Levi
    Levi
    ✭✭✭
    kratier wrote: »
    if only you could actually fix whats broken in your game before piling on more layers of crap. most the game still feels like its a beta or alpha still, quests are literally incomplete and impossible to finish still.

It's for stuff like this that I request a "disagree" or a "dislike" button or maybe a "Yes, we've heard you griping about nothing specific" button... something like that.
    Levi Canonach VR16 Templar Healer - DC NA
    Coda Canonach VR16 Templar Stamina DPS - DC NA
    Faolan D'lanach VR16 Nightblade Healer/DPS - DC NA
    J'Aorka VR16 Nightblade Stamina DPS - AD NA
    Moon'Moon VR16 Dragonknight Tank - DC NA
    Rapha Yeshimone - VR16 Sorcerer Healer/DPS - DC NA
    Trelos Flacara VR1 Dragonknight Magicka DPS - DC NA
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

[*]You will be able to explore the entire world in any sequence you wish - just walk across the world and you will always find appropriately leveled content.
    [*]We are dropping all PvE Alliance restrictions. You will be free to explore of all Tamriel, including other Alliances. It is up to you how you want to role-play your character while doing this. “Silver" and “gold" versions of zones will be replaced by Cadwell quest storylines that you can do in any order you wish.
    -> Question
    Does this mean that we can now communicate and or be part of the other factions zone? Say I'm DC and I want to see EP area with EP players, are we still separated? Or are we combine?(Ex: DC hanging with EP in EP town)
    I can answer this one: From what we've been told, yes. For PvE, basically we will all be as one. We will be limited by where we go and whom we group/play with only by ourselves. If we want to group with Pact and Dominion as a Daggerfall alliance character for example, we will be able to: any alliance, any level.
    [*]Alliance restrictions will still be enforced in all PvP areas, of course. One Tamriel will not affect the PvP systems in Cyrodiil.

->Question
    Will there eventually be open world pvp areas, and or will we be able to attack certain EP/DC/AD areas with players defending, like open-world?

Thank you, Jessica.
    Cast
    Isn't that what Cyrodiil is already?
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wondering the impact on PvP, does this mean when you select a campaign, that you also get to select the alliance you're fighting for?! Or is that still locked in to your original choice?!

Since they're getting rid of faction pride anyway, might aswell let people pick the side in the campaign screen then.

Hopefully they will not allow you to jump to the group leader's campaign side, like they now let you join a campaign that you don't have as home/guest.
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    I won't lie i expected some new (new, not from quakecon 2014) content this time and was hyped as hell to see Vvardenfell and Battlegrounds.
    Now i'm really excited about "One Timriel". That's not only about new players. It gives me reason and opportunity to go back and make quests and other stuff i missed and get experience and (i hope) gear.
    There are so many questions how will it work, but this is definetely right decision to go for this game.
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

-> Question
    I can answer this one: From what we've been told, yes. For PvE, basically we will all be as one. We will be limited by where we go and whom we group/play with only by ourselves. If we want to group with Pact and Dominion as a Daggerfall alliance character for example, we will be able to: any alliance, any level.

->Question
    Thank you, Jessica.
    Cast

Isn't that what Cyrodiil is already?

@Rev Rielle
    Cyrodiil isn't really an open-world. Its more or so one big map, with PVP/PVE objectives. Its large-scale and usually very boring, I like the entire "Oh another faction member!"(in a certain area) and kill them with some penalty to me(Red name, bounty, etc)
    It'd also be neat if they did it perfectly and maybe added flagging and able to kill your own faction in PVE zones(that have PVP open)

I think ESO should if not thinking of it, add some form of open-world PVP and they should consider objective small-scale PVP battles, arena, duels, and even better - a bounty open world system(PVP related[scrapped before])
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    Wondering the impact on PvP, does this mean when you select a campaign, that you also get to select the alliance you're fighting for?! Or is that still locked in to your original choice?!

Since they're getting rid of faction pride anyway, might aswell let people pick the side in the campaign screen then.

Hopefully they will not allow you to jump to the group leader's campaign side, like they now let you join a campaign that you don't have as home/guest.

Bad Idea, people would be jumping on the faction leading for buffs/end-rewards.
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    I'm hoping they just add in additional faction-specific quests in other areas to still make a player's chosen faction have SOME sort of meaning other than PVP.

Too be fair that wasn't something that existed when the game launched. Remember cadwells silver and gold quests basically made you work for all 3 factions.

The difference is now if you have friends who have daggerfall characters while your questing in Alikr desert and need some help with a boss camp or public dungeon because they zone is dead with no one playing it, you friends can meet up with you regardless of level.

Personally this makes the game more accessible for my family who don't grind there characters up to 160 champion points and can play any faction they like instead of staying in one to play with each other.

My only gripe is that this basically torpedoes progressing through zones from the levels you gain. But that's a small price to pay for better social ease with friends.
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Removing levels completely would be much better option than battle levelling. I bet it will confuse the hell out of new players since battle levelling messes with your stats massively. How will people learn the mechanics of the game if they have no idea how their stats (base, crit, dmg... etc) work before max level?
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With tamriel one, i dont get the fact that a DC/EP and AD player can walk into any opposing zones / lands and not get attacked by the opposing faction players while theres a war against the factions in cyrodil. Logically if there trying to mimic other MMORPG's , then they should add the pvp flag system or the contested system when your faction walks into another faction zone to promote pvp. Also it defies the lore, your friendly with all the factions in the faction zones and suddenly when you walk into cyrodiil you become enemies?

I guess when we go to Cyrodiil we're signing up for the war effort, becoming a soldier so-to-speak. When we're in the other parts of Tamriel, even though we're part of one alliance does not necessarily mean we'll get attacked when going to another alliance area. We're more like mercenaries; hired help.

But here is one beautiful aspect of the new system; if it doesn't make sense to you, then you are completely free to not do it. There is nothing and no one that will force you into another alliance's area. If you like you can still wait until you begin Cadwells Silver/Gold mission chains.

Just because they are giving us the option does not mean we have to take part. A simply beauty of a sandbox world. The choice is now ours, not made for us.
  • Aldruin
    Aldruin
    ✭✭✭
    I guess this had to be done so that they can sell alliance change tokens in the crown store. It's a weird update but overall I think it's a good one. *Maybe* servers will have less work to do since the number of pve zones it has to work with will be trisected and therefore pvp will have less lag?
    Btw what's the ETA? ( ͡• ͜ʖ ͡• )
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SickDuck wrote: »
    Removing levels completely would be much better option than battle levelling. I bet it will confuse the hell out of new players since battle levelling messes with your stats massively. How will people learn the mechanics of the game if they have no idea how their stats (base, crit, dmg... etc) work before max level?

I think players that value that sort of thing will still take the time to learn how all the mechanics work. And those players that don't care will never bother to learn.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you ZOS one tamriel is what i have been asking for since i started.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess when we go to Cyrodiil we're signing up for the war effort, becoming a soldier so-to-speak. When we're in the other parts of Tamriel, even though we're part of one alliance does not necessarily mean we'll get attacked when going to another alliance area. We're more like mercenaries; hired help.

But here is one beautiful aspect of the new system; if it doesn't make sense to you, then you are completely free to not do it. There is nothing and no one that will force you into another alliance's area. If you like you can still wait until you begin Cadwells Silver/Gold mission chains.

Just because they are giving us the option does not mean we have to take part. A simply beauty of a sandbox world. The choice is now ours, not made for us.

"sand box" haha. I dont think you know what that means.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sadownik wrote: »

"sand box" haha. I dont think you know what that means.

I know exactly what it means. I never called ESO a sandbox, but these changes are moving in that direction.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom out of interest, would it be possible to get quarterly or yearly updates on the numbers for things like the new video.

Some of the previous MMO games I played did quarterly economic reports and it was pretty fun to see the values for items purchased, items destroyers etc.

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."