Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Official Discussion Thread for "Matt Firor's Message from BE3"

• Othman86
    Othman86
    Soul Shriven
    DDuke wrote: »
    Woenprom wrote: »
    ESO just took the worst thing Skyrim had- auto leveling...

Pretty much this.

With 8 max. level characters, this won't affect me. But what is the point of levels at all, if you're just going to be scaled up? Where is the sense of character progression, if everything stays the same?

The "I need to make my character stronger!" staple of (MMO)RPGs is now officially gone when it comes to leveling experience, and that is sad news.

I would've preferred if they just removed alliance restrictions & had zones scale from 1-50 normally and then everything would scale.

what do you want exactly? level 100 boost like wow did? how did that worked for you? Point is even if the level is scaled. i m pretty sure some mobs or bosses are difficult do to alone. What if they decided to make the mobs much more difficult to solo then? Fact is (MMO) RPG essence is still in the game. Its just based on your point of view and opinion on things.
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys.
    I wonder how this will play out. Will people find their way in all the content... won't they miss a lot.
    I feel this only works when there is also a scaling down, or a way to decently play the content.
    All the content that has been released in the new format has been to easy for endgame players.
    And so far it feels it becomes even easier as we go. The dark brotherhood content like delves etc. is something you can go trough to easy. With easy I mean one heavy attack and the mob is death... and I don;t even have a top dps build.
    So the balancing is a big thing to look into for this to work properly.
    The nerfing of content will be a big risk with such a mixed population... as the new player wants to be able to complete the top lvl dungeons right away, as he has access to it... so make it so they can choose the lvl they go into it.

So please zos, battle level everybody right (not just up) so content offers a challenge and don't nerf all our trails and dungeons cause the new kids might be less expiernced and try to hard content to early.
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Can you explain these two to me?
    [*]You will be able to explore the entire world in any sequence you wish - just walk across the world and you will always find appropriately leveled content.
    [*]We are dropping all PvE Alliance restrictions. You will be free to explore of all Tamriel, including other Alliances. It is up to you how you want to role-play your character while doing this. “Silver" and “gold" versions of zones will be replaced by Cadwell quest storylines that you can do in any order you wish.
    -> Question
    Does this mean that we can now communicate and or be part of the other factions zone? Say I'm DC and I want to see EP area with EP players, are we still separated? Or are we combine?(Ex: DC hanging with EP in EP town)
    I can answer this one: From what we've been told, yes. For PvE, basically we will all be as one. We will be limited by where we go and whom we group/play with only by ourselves. If we want to group with Pact and Dominion as a Daggerfall alliance character for example, we will be able to: any alliance, any level.
    [*]Alliance restrictions will still be enforced in all PvP areas, of course. One Tamriel will not affect the PvP systems in Cyrodiil.

->Question
    Will there eventually be open world pvp areas, and or will we be able to attack certain EP/DC/AD areas with players defending, like open-world?
    Thank you, Jessica.
    Cast

Isn't that what Cyrodiil is already?
    @Rev Rielle
    Cyrodiil isn't really an open-world. Its more or so one big map, with PVP/PVE objectives. Its large-scale and usually very boring, I like the entire "Oh another faction member!"(in a certain area) and kill them with some penalty to me(Red name, bounty, etc)
    It'd also be neat if they did it perfectly and maybe added flagging and able to kill your own faction in PVE zones(that have PVP open)

I think ESO should if not thinking of it, add some form of open-world PVP and they should consider objective small-scale PVP battles, arena, duels, and even better - a bounty open world system(PVP related[scrapped before])

@Casterial
    Yes, you're right. Maybe they will. I was really hoping to see something loosely like this with the justice system. Who knows, perhaps they will revisit their initial plans with regards to that and expanding it to included opposing alliance players in some way. It would be very interesting.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Othman86 wrote: »

Pretty much this.

With 8 max. level characters, this won't affect me. But what is the point of levels at all, if you're just going to be scaled up? Where is the sense of character progression, if everything stays the same?

The "I need to make my character stronger!" staple of (MMO)RPGs is now officially gone when it comes to leveling experience, and that is sad news.

I would've preferred if they just removed alliance restrictions & had zones scale from 1-50 normally and then everything would scale.

what do you want exactly? level 100 boost like wow did? how did that worked for you? Point is even if the level is scaled. i m pretty sure some mobs or bosses are difficult do to alone. What if they decided to make the mobs much more difficult to solo then? Fact is (MMO) RPG essence is still in the game. Its just based on your point of view and opinion on things.

Well, since you brought up WoW... Haven't played that since Vanilla/TBC, but you could actually run into a freaking raid boss while leveling. You had small enclaves of high level elite mobs in zones (zones that had specific level ranges) - you didn't know what to expect from each area as a new player. It was an adventure, not a grind.

Coincidentally, this was also the case in Morrowind, which had no level scaling.

My two favourite games of all time.

It's just sad to see ESO dumbing down even more I guess is what I'm trying to say - doesn't affect me since I'm done leveling characters, but it does say a lot about the priorities of ZOS and the general mindset when designing content and I doubt the "removal" of leveling experience does well for player retention.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pema wrote: »
    Hey guys.
    I wonder how this will play out. Will people find their way in all the content... won't they miss a lot.

One thing the game does very well, is lead a character through the quest-content/zones in a very logical progression if a player let's the missions guide them. I imagine this will not change at all for the most part.

And no, they won't 'miss' content, because the battle-leveling system will mean that it's always relevant (level/rewards/exp wise).
  • Ryuuki
    Ryuuki
    ✭✭
    This is absolutely awesome for the RP community.

As someone who is currently leveling myself, a big problem for me is that I overlevel the zones fairly quickly which makes doing all quests not so worthwhile.

One Tamriel doesn't remove the leveling experience in its entirety, but it does remove the linearity of it. Instead of only 1 zone where I can level at a time, I can go anywhere and choose my journey how I want.

• Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I guess this could be good for new players, but as a long time player, nothing to get excited about. Pretty lame announcement in all honesty with no new content and just reconfiguring of old content. Doesn't give much motivation to keep playing with nothing new.
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    This sounds pretty awesome.

I'm confused about how some of it works still but that will all be cleared up over the next months I guess. I was quite happy with SWTOR doing fully scaled zones even when players were levelled down, mostly because I could go back to low level zones which looked awesome and just enjoy the planets again.

Given that they said you'd not have to make a new character, it could be that we'd all be scaled down to the max level for a zone, kind of thing.
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Arato wrote: »
    Honestly, even that's a little messy, I'd have preferred it if it were:

0: Iron
    15: Steel
    30: Orichalcum
    40: Dwarven
    50: Ebony

Agreed. There should have never been anything more powerful than Ebony, yet it is the most useless ore in the whole game.
    To streamline the whole progression system into skills and the champion system would make a lot of sense with this change - instead of giving out attribute points per level we could just increase set bonus and enchantment bonuses (there are only 2 attribute builds anyway, max magicka or max stamina), and give some skill points every other champion rank.

How gear and loot will work with these changes is really the #1 question I have. I fear max level characters will simply get downscaled to the lower level zones, and only find low level loot there. Loot has to scale to my character everywhere, or there will still be no point in doing lower level zones ... which means there is actually no freedom, because if you do Alik'r and Bangkorai first and then go back to Glenumbra, you'd only find trash loot.

It could scale drops to your "actual" level, rather than scaled level. Swtor does this...

Also agree with you about ebony, crafting's hard enough without adding many more tiers of gear, make it more useful so it's not just 46-50, but, 46-CP-level-sky-is-the-limit.
    Arato wrote: »
    Wait so I have a question...

With silver/gold zones removed... how are tiers 6-8 of crafting materials going to be done?

Cause as it is now. Silver zones give Tier 6 for the first 2 zones, tier 7 for the other 3 zones, gold zones give tier 8 for the first 2 zones and tier 9 for the last 3 zones.

But now..

Starter Zones and Auridon/Glenumbra/Stonefalls = Tier 1
    Grahtwood/Stormhaven/Deshaan = Tier 2 (mostly)
    Greenshade/Rivenspire/Shadowfen = Tier 3 (mostly)
    Malabal Tor/Al'Akir/Eastmarch = Tier 4 (mostly)
    Reaper's March/Bangkorai/the Rift = Tier 4 and Tier 5
    Craglorn = Tier 9
    DLC areas and Cyrodiil = Scaling up to tier 10

If for some reason you need Tier 8 material to like, craft armor for a friend.. now you can't get that material without respeccing and reducing your crafting skill to tier 8.

Crafting mats are a mess right now, and will be worse when One Tamriel hits.

I'm hoping that the silver/gold zones would stay the same, after all, I've had a lvl 6 character mine dwarvern ore, and cut rough yew timber, and gather raw spidersilk, even though they're not a crafter. SO that I can have my other characters gather higher level mats, to aid my bona fide crafting-dedicated character(s). At the very least, there needs to be some way to make all the resources equally-readily available across all tiers.

My immediate questions are:

1. How will the new level scaling be handled? Trying to get a lowbie character to fight in Hew's, Gold, and Wrothgar really sucks big-time. To everyone who hates on this comment, I'd remind you that new players don't have insta-blue/purple/gold armour with set bonuses and all traits researched or equipped, nor an encyclopedic knowledge of the game.
    2. What will happen to crafting mats? Anything above level 14 mats, I've found almost impossible to obtain, on- or off-peak.
    3. What steps will be taken to reduce the inevitable lag?
    4. "The Coldharbour zone will be “roped off" from players who have not yet completed the quests that lead there. However, if you are invited to a group that is already there, or travel to a friend who is there, you can immediately access the zone." I thought this was already how it was... If not, what's the current situation with access to Coldharbour?

But for the concerns, this seems to be a great step forward. :)
  • mike_de
    mike_de
    ✭✭✭
    Although it won't affect me and my maxed out characters anymore, I think this is a great change.

I mean, creating a new character and being able to go anywhere you want? That's a HUGE amount of content for new players right at their fingertips. Just as overwhelming as an Elder Scrolls game should feel. :)

Thanks, but no thanks. As a natural born singleplayer I need to earn my experience. I don't want to be leveled up, according to the map am in. I despise this idea. In this cases, no player is able to learn how to act under heavy fire. And to use his skills properly.

In my eyes, they are *** this up big time. I could live with a system like they have in FF XIV,, where you only be leveled accordingly, if YOU decide to help in an event on the map, by entering the zone, and answering the question, if you want to level down/up with YES. Or do it while grouping with others, bringing them all to the same level.

But forcing this on me would be a no go. I have to decline that offer, thanks, but no thanks. I even went to lengths with mods, to disable the enemy scaling system in the original Elder scrolls games, It is no fun for me at all, if I don't get challenged. I feel betrayed. If i find only weak ass enemies. There should be things, that you cannot best now, so that you have to come back later. And I don't mean some marked boss NPC, I mean hordes of normal critters, that are too strong for me.

I thought I would stay longer than 3 months, but after this casualisation message from ZeniMax, I have to decide after I have seen that new system in action.

The thing I want are more instances making more zones/caves/houses to (party)instances, so that other players don't kill MY enemies, loot MY loot, and kill MY immersion, if I try to sneak, instead of steamrolling everything in side. That would be far better for this single player MMO than any fiddling with the level scale.

I am total new to this game, but not to MMO in general. But as far as I noticed this games strength is the kind of single player gameplay. Make it stronger, and don't mess with it. That will keep this game alive. Not the MMO mechanisms. Spare these for the endgame.
    code65536 wrote: »
    Anyway, my first concern is that the reason people don't group up isn't because of level/faction restrictions. It's because there is no reason to group up, unless you're doing the 4-man dungeons or 12-man trials. Everything is so ridiculously easy that even a barely competent player will breeze through zone content solo with ease. What exactly would be the point of grouping up? They need to revamp the difficulty and give people an incentive to group up.

As I said, I a new to the game. I cannot see one good reason to group with anyone in this game. I am an hardened, used to difficulty mods elder scrolls and Fallout player. This games feels, like it it even easier than a Elder Scrolls vanilla games. Why should I ever group up with anyone? I can kill all enemies, with a flick of my finger.

And the second sin, they made in this game like Bioware did in SWTOR: Other players are annoying without end, looting my loots,stealing my materials, killing my boss NPC. Don't do this. This makes it much more unlikely, that somebody is willing to group with these assh ..... erm. annoyances Leveling will not fix THIS problem.
    Edited by mike_de on June 13, 2016 12:15PM
  • Demonhunter
    Demonhunter
    ✭✭
    Um, hellooo ... PVP flag? I'm a pvp'er , I would love to see pvp in cross faction zones. That should be the whole point of this change or else keep it as it is, i don't mind.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I appreciate the effort in trying to improve this game.
    But this change is far too drastic and can lead to chaos.
    If I understand correctly, "One Tamriel" will remove the alliance and level phases(except cyrodiil), essentially combining the different shards of the mega server into one huge shard.
    This step will make each zone(except Cyrodiil) much more crowded(At least 3 times over).
    There are no multiple servers, just mega servers, example: PC europe.

Potential disadvantages:
    1) Much more crowded zones - lead to low fps and other performance issues.
    2) Farming materials - It will be much more difficult due to the higher competition.
    3) Zone chat - Too many people will use each zone chat channel. The rate of the exchange of messages will be too high, spam will rule the land.
    4) Completing world boss and dolmen achievements - The amount of players in each zone will make the respawn timer obsolete. 10 minutes will have to be 5 minutes timer and even this might not help.
    5) RP and Lore wise - If you let other alliance players travel to other zones and there is no pvp enabled, it not making any sense...
    6) Inability to find npcs and interact, such as: banker, guild trader and merchants - How could you conveniently interact with those npcs if 100 people will surround them ?
    Right now with alliance and level phases, dozens of people are surrounding the bankers in major cities.
    It will be far worse if there won't be alliance and level restrictions.
    7) Less immersion- Many more people will do the same quests/dolmen/world boss beside you, even in the Cadwell's silver and gold quiet zones.
    How can someone enjoy doing any of this content if 100 people are doing the same ?
    8) Difficulty of content - If more people will be in most pve zones, everything will be easier... Instead of 2-5 players doing one world boss, there will be 15-20 players doing it.
    The boss will die in 5 seconds :p
    Also, if the difficulty of content will be adjusted to the average 15-20 players, small groups and solo players will have little to no chance to kill the boss and complete the achievements.
    9) No reason to level the characters - Many people will be satisfied with the battle leveled zones and won't level their characters and thus have less champion points(if at all).

In conclusion, much more clarification on how "One Tamriel" will work is required.
    I stated disadvantages based on how I understood this idea.
    I can't endorse this idea due to the above disadvantages(Just stated a few, I guess there are many more).
    Edited by Universe on June 13, 2016 12:44PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um, hellooo ... PVP flag? I'm a pvp'er , I would love to see pvp in cross faction zones. That should be the whole point of this change or else keep it as it is, i don't mind.
    mike_de wrote: »
    Although it won't affect me and my maxed out characters anymore, I think this is a great change.

I mean, creating a new character and being able to go anywhere you want? That's a HUGE amount of content for new players right at their fingertips. Just as overwhelming as an Elder Scrolls game should feel. :)

Thanks, but no thanks. As a natural born singleplayer I need to earn my experience. I don't want to be leveled up, according to the map am in. I despise this idea. In this cases, no player is able to learn how to act under heavy fire. And to use his skills properly.

In my eyes, they are *** this up big time. I could live with a system like they have in FF XIV,, where you only be leveled accordingly, if YOU decide to help in an event on the map, by entering the zone, and answering the question, if you want to level down/up with YES. Or do it while grouping with others, bringing them all to the same level.

But forcing this on me would be a no go. I have to decline that offer, thanks, but no thanks. I even went to lengths with mods, to disable the enemy scaling system in the original Elder scrolls games, It is no fun for me at all, if I don't get challenged. I feel betrayed. If i find only weak ass enemies. There should be things, that you cannot best now, so that you have to come back later. And I don't mean some marked boss NPC, I mean hordes of normal critters, that are too strong for me.

I thought I would stay longer than 3 months, but after this casualisation message from ZeniMax, I have to decide after I have seen that new system in action.

You're not going to be leveled up so it's trivial though. The game is still the same, the combat is still there and mechanics still in place. You still earn your experience just like you would.

There are still ways to find a challenge, and there always have been. If you're really keen, use sub-par equipment, or not equipment. At the end of the day how much of a challenge, or not, it will be will still be able to be controlled by us.

I do think though that ESO might not be the game for you, it's never been a hardcore game, or one that's been difficult. But I don't think these changes will make it any more or less difficult.
  • Tekyn
    Tekyn
    ✭✭✭

Have you played on any of the maps that currently scale you? It's still harder at lower levels because you don't have the skills unlocked (passives play a big role) and most people don't have great gear till after 50. It wont be a snooze fest. My biggest worry would be what happens when someone wants a challenge and does all of the higher level zones first? Will they be stuck grinding at the end? I don't think this will be scaling you DOWN for easier content. Nothing implies that.

I am happy to see the map unlocked faction-wise. Leveling new characters will be a lot more enjoyable with some options on where to go.
  • Tekyn
    Tekyn
    ✭✭✭

Also that would be super. EQ had an NPC that would flag you for PvP and I loved it.
  • Demonhunter
    Demonhunter
    ✭✭
    Tekyn wrote: »

Also that would be super. EQ had an NPC that would flag you for PvP and I loved it.

Was EQ showing Tamriel one? and if so did the NPC flag you for PVP for what reason and was the player in a cross-faction zone?
    Edited by Demonhunter on June 13, 2016 12:11PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Skyrim wasn't actually so bad; things had a minimum level in Skyrim, so it was possible to find enemies in some places that you couldn't handle. What ESO is doing is going towards Oblivion.
    No, Skyrim was not bad, but Oblivion was bad in this respect. I will never forget walking into a Goblin lair filled with Max level Goblins. How many Goblin Warlords does a lair need? Sure, it scaled to me, but in a stupid manner, and the world never felt more dangerous, or safer, for all my efforts. I never felt, in Oblivion, that I was accomplishing anything. Everywhere I went, things just got harder. That is OK to a point, but eventually one has to figure that Oblivion's Cyrodiil would have been safer without the main character running around causing nastier beasts to spawn.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • mike_de
    mike_de
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    No, Skyrim was not bad, but Oblivion was bad in this respect. I will never forget walking into a Goblin lair filled with Max level Goblins. How many Goblin Warlords does a lair need? Sure, it scaled to me, but in a stupid manner, and the world never felt more dangerous, or safer, for all my efforts. I never felt, in Oblivion, that I was accomplishing anything. Everywhere I went, things just got harder. That is OK to a point, but eventually one has to figure that Oblivion's Cyrodiil would have been safer without the main character running around causing nastier beasts to spawn.

The enemy level scaling was the worst thing they ever invented. I had to disable it complete within the OOO mod. I really, really hated that system. It messed up the immersion, the loot system, and the enemy encounters. All in ONE go.

And I hope, they will not make the same mistake here in ESO.
  • SiAScORCH
    SiAScORCH
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea, this sounds like it's a terrible idea.

So not only will you have issues with so many people talking which will make the chat virtually impossible to actually read, but the spam. This is going to affect farming materials now, as well as create way more lag. I don't get why they keep trying to add all this new stuff without fixing what's broken.

Broken Game = Broken Game
    Broken Game + 500 DLC's + new features = Still a broken game

Honestly, this idea they have is going to screw up the game more than help it. Really, please stop trying to do so much.

Fix the dungeon finder, fix the lag, the random fps drop. I'm assuming the purpose the game only utilizes one core is so those who have a less than subpar computer can still play, well doing this is going to defeat that whole purpose, so you may as well make the game utilize more than one core now as well. At least improve performance.
  • Stroggnonimus
    Stroggnonimus
    ✭✭✭

In general, higher level players will be the same “level" as lower level players, but they will have far more tools in their arsenal: better gear, more abilities, and of course more Champion points.

So if I understand correctly, Zeni is pretty much removing levels completely ? So we're going to have CP measuring contest now.

Very underwhelming news. Cadwells silver and gold already messing up with the setting of the game, so now just kill it completely. Sure, it may be interesting for a few beginners, but what from this to older players ? Absolutely nothing.
    Also Zeni is trying soo hard to push their grouping, but the problem is, there is no point to group. Game's solo zones are so easy you can breeze through naked. Normal dungeon can be soloed without any problems and veteran ones done by 2-3 people.
    Also lets wait for performance problems, at prime hours Mournhold or Wayrest is already lagging as hell.

Really dropped the ball with this one Zenimax.

Edited by Stroggnonimus on June 13, 2016 12:23PM
    Whoever said that argonians aren't sexy, is obviously not a sexy argonian.

OG Argonian tank

BLOOD FOR THE PACT !

• Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I HATE the idea of "battle leveling" that just means the world revolves around my level. Its what I hated about the new TES games, no matter where I went everything is easy to kill because they are all the same level. I like in older versions of TES when you would go to a high level place and get whipped, it was a challenge.
  • Zabernat
    Zabernat
    ✭✭✭
    Wait so what's the point of joining any particular alliance then?

You join an alliance based on what race you would like to play (if you don't have the "any race any alliance" perk) as well as which side of the pvp fight you want to be a part of.
    Kahjit main in the Aldmeri Dominion.
    Templar of the Knightly Orders
    Herald of Justice to all of Tamriel
  • Zabernat
    Zabernat
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely excited for "One Tamriel", though I was really hoping for some talk of additional gameplay additions.... Or a TESVI announcement. This was still nice though.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tekyn wrote: »

Was EQ showing Tamriel one? and if so did the NPC flag you for PVP for what reason and was the player in a cross-faction zone?

I believe they mean EQ, as in the MMO EverQuest.
  • mike_de
    mike_de
    ✭✭✭
    Zabernat wrote: »

You join an alliance based on what race you would like to play (if you don't have the "any race any alliance" perk) as well as which side of the pvp fight you want to be a part of.

I am the only one who thinks that PvP is ridiculous, if you played the story? And thinking about, who the real enemy is?

In my opinion is any player, who fights the others a friend of the invading Daedra army, and in that case, a full blown ***. Buuut, I am only a newbie ... And as long as I am not forced to go there, they can do that mankind usually does best. Finish themselves off in creative and new ways. :)
    Edited by mike_de on June 13, 2016 12:37PM
  • Mulcibur
    Mulcibur
    ✭✭✭
    Can a German speaking person translate this please. Google translate is terrible. I get the general gist.
    Hallo,

Ihr werdet - außerhalb von Cyrodiil - mit jeder beliebigen Spieler, unabhängig von Stufe und Allianz, zusammenspielen können. Keine Fragen nach der Allianzzugehörigkeit mehr, wenn im Gildenchat nach Hilfe gefragt wird.

Rohstoffquellen haben mittlerweile die Möglichkeit, die Ausbeute zufällig entweder eurer Stufe oder eurem Handwerksskill anzupassen. Sind da weitere Optionen nötig? Ich sehe im Moment nicht, warum man zB gezielt Spinnenseide sammeln will, wenn sie weder zur Stufe noch zum Skill passt.
    Edit sagt: Andere haben das ja schon viel schneller getippt.

Nur weil die Allianzen sich die PvE-Zonen in Zukunft teilen, werden sie nicht voller. Wie jetzt auch schon, wird eine neue Instanz geöffnet, wenn sich entsprechend viele Spieler in einer Zone befinden.

One Tamriel ist nicht das einzige, was dieses Jahr noch kommt. Es wird auch neue Gruppeninhalte geben.

Edited by Mulcibur on June 13, 2016 12:38PM
  • Twilanthe
    Twilanthe
    ✭✭✭
    Geez I get excited about the idea of this and I come back to the forums to see some new info on it. Bam! What do you know a bunch of negative comments that just kill my buzz. I am regreting my decision for reading other people comments about the subject.

This is exactly how I feel. I've felt that for so long now people have been upset that ESO wasn't "Skyrim with friends" that having parts of the world blocked off by faction ruined the Elder Scrolls experience. It was a big complaint from the start.

Their first solution was Veteran Ranks and Silver/Gold content. It allowed max level characters to experience the rest of the world, an attempt to give the open world flavor of an Elder Scrolls game that fell a little short of the mark. People complained, and they complained a lot. They complained of the grind, and of how it didn't really make it "Open World."

So what did ZOS do? They listened, and they removed veteran ranks, and now we get complains about the champion point system, and those that liked Vet ranks, that got used to them, complain about their removal.

Now, ZOS has stepped up and truly given us the Elder Scrolls open world, where we can go wherever we want. If I have a friend who joins, who really wants to make a character in the Ebonheart Pact, but I am in DC, that isn't going to be a problem. We can still play together, and enjoy the world. Not to mention the huge boost to the Role-playing community, opening up the entire world.

I heard this and I was more excited and thrilled than I was for the release of Dark Brotherhood, and I come here to the forums and see nothing but complaints about the factions now being pointless, about the CP grind, about everything, but barely a word about the fact that ZOS is giving Elder Scrolls fans what they've wanted since the launch of ESO—a truly open-world experience.
    Lüc - Argonian Necromancer Healer
    PC-NA
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mulcibur wrote: »
    Can a German speaking person translate this please. Google translate is terrible. I get the general gist.
    Hallo,

Ihr werdet - außerhalb von Cyrodiil - mit jeder beliebigen Spieler, unabhängig von Stufe und Allianz, zusammenspielen können. Keine Fragen nach der Allianzzugehörigkeit mehr, wenn im Gildenchat nach Hilfe gefragt wird.

Rohstoffquellen haben mittlerweile die Möglichkeit, die Ausbeute zufällig entweder eurer Stufe oder eurem Handwerksskill anzupassen. Sind da weitere Optionen nötig? Ich sehe im Moment nicht, warum man zB gezielt Spinnenseide sammeln will, wenn sie weder zur Stufe noch zum Skill passt.

Nur weil die Allianzen sich die PvE-Zonen in Zukunft teilen, werden sie nicht voller. Wie jetzt auch schon, wird eine neue Instanz geöffnet, wenn sich entsprechend viele Spieler in einer Zone befinden.

One Tamriel ist nicht das einzige, was dieses Jahr noch kommt. Es wird auch neue Gruppeninhalte geben.

All I care is that they are going to mess up crafting. They seem to think that the only reason to collect materials is to make stuff for yourself. They did not even dumb down crafting that much in Skyrim. You could still find iron long after you no longer needed it. The difference between ESO and Skyrim is that now there are other players that might want to buy that iron rather than running around and farming it. Players helping other players, for gold. ZOS does not feel that is important. They are looking to solidify the single player MMO.

Edit: what irks me is that they have a whole WORLD to play with and could say "go here for iron" rather than having iron everywhere, that changes to high iron everywhere, as the character progresses. I consider this lazy, both by ZOS and the players who can't be troubled to go there.
    Edited by Elsonso on June 13, 2016 12:51PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Othman86
    Othman86
    Soul Shriven
    Othman86 wrote: »

Pretty much this.

Well, since you brought up WoW... Haven't played that since Vanilla/TBC, but you could actually run into a freaking raid boss while leveling. You had small enclaves of high level elite mobs in zones (zones that had specific level ranges) - you didn't know what to expect from each area as a new player. It was an adventure, not a grind.

Coincidentally, this was also the case in Morrowind, which had no level scaling.

My two favourite games of all time.

It's just sad to see ESO dumbing down even more I guess is what I'm trying to say - doesn't affect me since I'm done leveling characters, but it does say a lot about the priorities of ZOS and the general mindset when designing content and I doubt the "removal" of leveling experience does well for player retention.

Level-Scaling is the one thing that allows everyone the freedom to explore. Leveling is never an adventure. its a grind, you should know this. you have 8 max level characters. Dont tell me that doesn't bother you since you literally grind all 8 of them. Of course you re done leveling.

On that note, its not "dumbing" down the game it more like making everything accessible for everyone especially the new players. Everyone wants to play the game feeling like skyrim, an open world fill with so many possibilities. Leveled zones felt like restriction that forces you to progress before moving to another zone. WoW already done that and so does every other MMORPG. ESO wants to be different and new. even better almost similar to a sandbox with the MMO slap onto it.

I d say let it be different, let it be fresh and new. Not letting a person who is new and just recently join go. Oh another guild wars copy cat or WoW cut and paste piece of trash.
  • mike_de
    mike_de
    ✭✭✭
    Mulcibur wrote: »
    Hallo,

Translation:

You will - besides Cyrodill, be able to play together with every player, independent from alliance and level. No questions more, about Alliance if you were asked about help in the guild chat.

Material sources can be adjusted to your level or crafting skill level. Are there more options necessary? I cannot see, why you have to farm as example spidersilk, if it does not fit your level or crafting level.

And only because alliances share the PvE zones, they will not become more occupied than now. Like now, a new instance will be created, if too many people are in one instance.

One Tamrial isn't the only thing that will be released this year. There will be new new group content as well.

I hope, that is better than Google. ;)
    Edited by mike_de on June 13, 2016 12:52PM
  • Zabernat
    Zabernat
    ✭✭✭
    Zabernat wrote: »

I am the only one who thinks that PvP is ridiculous, if you played the story? And thinking about, who the real enemy is?

In my opinion is any player, who fights the others a friend of the invading Daedra army, and in that case, a full blown ***. Buuut, I am only a newbie ... And as long as I am not forced to go there, they can do that mankind usually does best. Finish themselves off in creative and new ways. :)

PvP is not ridiculous by any means honestly, especially since characters can enter it before finishing the story. Regardless of why the fight started, there will still be a power vacuum until the introduction of Tiber Septim, meaning that any logical character (playable or not) with the power and resources could believe they have the skills to become and remain the emperor. Players can also still put aside their differences with each other away more easily when not competing for emperorship explaining why the majority of the game is non-pvp zones.