BUGGED BOOKS Patch 3.2.5
This Spreadsheet is an ongoing list of problem books and fixed books
: Eidetic Memory Bugged Books List
This is an on-going effort to make certain that all books listed in the Eidetic Memory are accessible to all characters, so that 100% completion of the Eidetic Memory may be obtained (between DLCs and Chapters of course!)
There are a few problems that arise that cause books to become inaccessible:
1. They exist inside an area only accessible while the character has the quest. Reading these is not a requirement on the quest.
2. They are a quest item, they may start the quest and/or be read during the quest, but after the quest they have no location in the world. Some of these MUST be read in the quest inventory while on the quest in order to register.
3. Phasing. Some areas in the world change as the character progresses the story in the area and some books are only seen before the story is done.
4. Alliance restricted (this applies to a very few books that only exist within the alliance bases in Cyrodiil)
Last but not least, Community help to locate missing books. It would be great if ZoS could confirm books the Community cannot locate are actually in the game:)
I want to give a big THANK YOU
to everyone who is contributing to this thread/project, you all rock!
If you have trouble finding the following books, please check the spoilers for screenshots:Letter to Artisan Craftworks
: Letters and Missives: Mournhold, Deshaan
: Daedric Cults: Fighter's Guild area, Riften
A Death Desired:
Final Words: (moved in Update 12): Cyrodiil
: Final Words: Venim Woods area, The Rift
Larellei, Wenayasille, Morilata, Angalayond
: Mysteries and Clues: Rivenspire thank you @StrangerFull
for the new location and screenshots!
: Mysteries and Clues: Dawnbreak, Auridon
Imperial City Bookshelf Guide
This is the route I take through IC to check the bookshelves. I play EP and this may not be the most logical route for your character. I tried to show the path as clearly as I can (yay Paint!) but the maps aren't that detailed to begin with. I also took a screenshot at each bookcase to hopefully help you locate them all:)Temple District
IC Bookshelf 1:
IC Bookshelf 2:
IC Bookshelf 3:
Jump down to reach bookshelf 3.
IC Bookshelf 4:
IC Bookshelf 5:
Bookshelf 5 is in the same room as bookshelf 4.
IC Bookshelf 6:
IC Bookshelf 7:
: Be aware there is a patrolling boss monster along this route!
IC Bookshelf 8:
IC Bookshelf 9:
Elven Gardens District
IC Bookshelf 10:
There is also a bookshelf under the capture area in this district.Memorial District
IC Bookshelf 11:
aka the "book stacks"
Not on my map, thanks for those who found these additional bookshelves.8 Bookshelves in Temple of Rectory in SE Memorial1 Bookshelf in Elven Gardens under the Flag
I found no bookshelves in the Arena or Arboretum districts.Try these tips/locations if you have trouble finding the following books.
- The Knighting Ceremony: Rituals and Revelations:
- The Hidden Key: Mysteries and Clues:
- Knowing Satakal: Devoted and Deranged: IC Bookshelf (Book Stack room in Memorial)
- The Fires Guide the Way: Mysteries and Clues: Shada's Tear, Craglorn in the City District, book starts quest (repeatable) and the prompt on read says "The Light Holds the Way" instead of the proper title.
- Mauloch, Orc-Father: Lore and Culture: inside Abamath Ruins, Malabal Tor; also found on IC bookshelves
- Letter to Egranor: Letters and Missives:
Thanks @StrangerFull for the screenshots
- Tome of Daedric Portals: Daedric Cults: inside Eldrald Undercroft in Rivenspire. On a table just to the left as you enter the circular room with the daedric portal thingy.
- Mercano's Journal: Personal Journals: inside the Mages Guild in Woodhearth, Greenshade, on a stool in front of the right fireplace
- Star Teeth, Volume 1: Rituals and Revelations:
Thanks @Sounomi for the screenshot.
- Quartermaster's Log: Diaries and Logs: Blackheart Haven; Thank @StrangerFull for the screenshots.
- Distribution Notes: Houses, Shops, and Trade: Kalari's House in S'ren-ja. If you go upstairs there is a wardrobe that actually leads into a secret room. There are bookshelves on either side of the door leading back out which have the lorebooks on them. Thanks @jackhburgess
- Enak-do's Ledger: Houses, Shops, and Trade: same as above
Happy Book Hunting All!