Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    The Wonders of Craglorn: Craglorn Secrets @BlackEar
    @BlackEar: It is in Dragonstar Arena on the left or right side of the stairs as you enter the room. I couldn't find it either since I didn't expect it to be in such an obvious place when I discovered it was 'lost'.

Edited by Kyoma on August 15, 2016 10:56PM
    Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    @Oldbushie and anyone else who cannot find this book!

A Perfect Score is found at:
    (image)

IF you cannot find "A Perfect Score" here, then it may be that only some characters can see this, please confirm so I can report if that is the case.

@Oldbushie

I found "Moon Worship Among the Cat-Men" on a random bookshelf in The Rift, as of now I do not know of a static location, but you should be able to find it by reading a bunch of bookshelves in The Rift (they should reset when you logout and then login)
    Thanks for the bookshelf tip! I'll keep hoping for a bookshelf to confer that on me. I'm down to 15 books that only appear to be on bookshelves.

As for "A Perfect Score", interesting observation: if I stand SE of that spot far enough away, I can see a couple dead Lamia next to a glowing page. But as soon as I walk closer, the bodies and the page disappear. So it's definitely out of phase for me now.

• Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Oldbushie wrote: »
    @Oldbushie and anyone else who cannot find this book!

A Perfect Score is found at:
    (image)

IF you cannot find "A Perfect Score" here, then it may be that only some characters can see this, please confirm so I can report if that is the case.

@Oldbushie

I found "Moon Worship Among the Cat-Men" on a random bookshelf in The Rift, as of now I do not know of a static location, but you should be able to find it by reading a bunch of bookshelves in The Rift (they should reset when you logout and then login)
    Thanks for the bookshelf tip! I'll keep hoping for a bookshelf to confer that on me. I'm down to 15 books that only appear to be on bookshelves.

As for "A Perfect Score", interesting observation: if I stand SE of that spot far enough away, I can see a couple dead Lamia next to a glowing page. But as soon as I walk closer, the bodies and the page disappear. So it's definitely out of phase for me now.
    Same thing happens for me, I can see the note with the lamia bodies when I'm further away but as soon as I get closer it disappears.

• obscure7
    obscure7
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to pop in and say great job on the list! I really appreciate the work being done here, and I know there's lots more who also appreciate it.

I have some additions to make that I didn't see listed on the first post.

The Gift of Arson, Daedric Cults: Auridon - Dawnbreak - Abandoned Mine
    Quest: Through the Ashes
    Reason: phased out after quest is complete

Knowing Satakal, The Devoted and the Deranged: Alik'r Desert - Satakalaam
    Quest: Imperial Incursion
    Edit: found on a Bookshelf in Coldharbour

The March Explored, Chapter 1, The World and its Creatures: Reapers March - Fort Grimwatch
    Quest: Grim Situation
    Reason: area inaccessible after quest is complete

Heroes of the Sanctuary, Tales of Tamriel: Greenshade - Seaside Sanctuary
    Quest: A Storm Upon the Shore; Pelidil's End (not sure which)

I'd also like to confirm the following:
    Letter Home (Shadowfen) phased out after quest is complete
    A Merchant's Guide to Valenwood (Greenshade) phased out after quest is complete

Once again, fantastic job on both the Lorebooks addon and all the work going into identifying the inaccessible eidetic memory books!
    Edited by obscure7 on August 21, 2016 7:41PM
    PC NA
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    I Have found Aldimions Journal at Coldharbour.
    I can read it there, but i cant find it at my Eidetic Memory :(
    After Reading the book is gone.

x:37,66 y:70,45
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭
    "Order of the Hour" - a book that Lorebooks says is supposedly in the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary, but more likely is one of those books you pick up and then is put with a cluster of similar books in one place (in this case, the diary of the Black Dragon). Anyway - it's not in the sanctuary.
    Edited by AJTC5000 on August 20, 2016 9:34PM
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000
      DC - Alena-Draco - Dunmer Magicka Templar

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vMoL HM (Dro-m'Athra Destroyer)
      • vHoF HM (Tick-Tock Tormentor/The Dynamo)
      • vAS HM (Saintly Saviour/Immortal Redeemer)
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)
      • vDSR (Reef Guardian HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP
      • vVA Flawless (Spirit Slayer)

Dungeons
      • vFL HM (Leave No Bone Unbroken)
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vMoS HM (Apex Predator)
      • vFV HM (Relentless Raider)
      • vDoM HM (Depths Defier)
      • vLoM HM (Nature's Wrath)
      • vMGF HM (Defanged the Devourer)
      • vIcereach HM (No Rest for the Wicked/Storm Foe)
      • vUG HM (In Defiance of Death/Bonecaller's Bane)
      • vSG HM
      • vCT HM (Bane of Thorns)
      • vBDV HM (Ardent Bibliophile)
      • vCauldron HM (Subterranean Smasher)
      • vRPB HM (Bastion Breaker/of the Silver Rose)
      • vDC HM (Battlespire's Best/The Dreaded)
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vERE HM (Invaders' Bane)
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
      • vSH HM (Magnastylus in the Making/Curator's Champion)
      • vBS HM (Temporal Tempest)
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Perfect Score

@Oldbushie and @Kyoma and anyone else where this book is phasing out.

Which alliance do you play as and on which megaserver?

@Oldbushie

The "bookshelf" books can be a bit annoying and I do wonder if some were missing in the past and then added back in and that is why we are missing some. Currently, I am not sure if the bookshelf list is zone based or level based or both. I have observed that both Imperial City and Coldharbour (at least in Hollow City) have a very different respawn mechanic for bookshelves than elsewhere. In the 1-50 zones for each alliance the bookshelves appear to randomize whenever you relog.

@obscure7 Thank you for the list:) Updating the main post!

I can confirm that "A Merchant's Guide to Valenwood" phases out once the quest is complete. Though I am not sure of the quest name for that one.

@Kyoma
    Torn Note from Jessen: Found a copy in the Mournhold Fighter's Guild and the Stormhaven Fighter's Guild but didn't see one in an AD location.

@AJTC5000 "The Order of the Hour" should be available on Gold Coast Bookshelves and on the ground in the Enclave of the Hourglass courtyard
    Edited by Mix on August 23, 2016 3:57PM
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭
    "Order Of The Hour" - Lorebooks says it should be in the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary but it is not present at the suggested location.
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP

Dungeons
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vSG HM
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    A Perfect Score

I"m AD playing on EU. Don't have an EP character to try it out with sadly, short of making a completely new character. If I come on a character that hasn't completed the related quest I can see and read it without problems of course.
    @Kyoma
    Torn Note from Jessen: Found a copy in the Mournhold Fighter's Guild and the Stormhaven Fighter's Guild but didn't see one in an AD location.
    Yea I ended up finding it in another alliance location. Still cannot find it in Grahtwood tho.

Also, don't see these on the list but for me they aren't accessible anymore (they aren't on their original location anymore):

Albus' Journal & White Rose Guard's Journal in Personal Journals - I dont remember the associated quest but the location is the White Rose Prison in Shadowfen. I recall something about it having more than one outcome so it's possible they only disappear after completing the quest under certain conditions.

On the Matter of the Prisoners in Notes and Memos - same deal as A Reminder from the Judge for me. Book isn't there anymore after completing the quest at Court of Contempt.

@ZOS: Could we get an update on these issues? Can we expect to see many, if not all, of these fixed with Update 12?
  • WardogAce
    WardogAce
    ✭✭✭
    This is an amazing thread--thank you very much for this information! Is this thread still active? I noticed a ZOS mod has commented so this thread is at least being looked at.
    You walk the narrow path that cuts between glory and sacrifice--valor and patience. You measure your pursuit of honor with reason and foresight.
    Playing since October 2013
    • Armazd Krikor: Stamina Sorcerer- DC Redguard | PVE/PVP DPS
    • Artemis Mihr: Magicka Templar - EP Dunmer | PVP DPS
    • Arwen Lucine: Magicka Sorcerer - DC Dunmer | PVE DPS
    vMA | vDSA | vSO HM | vHRC HM | vAA HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS +1 | vCR +2

• Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    A Perfect Score

@Oldbushie

The "bookshelf" books can be a bit annoying and I do wonder if some were missing in the past and then added back in and that is why we are missing some. Currently, I am not sure if the bookshelf list is zone based or level based or both. I have observed that both Imperial City and Coldharbour (at least in Hollow City) have a very different respawn mechanic for bookshelves than elsewhere. In the 1-50 zones for each alliance the bookshelves appear to randomize whenever you relog.
    I'm on EP NA.

And yes, it's frustrating that many bookshelves are slow to respawn. A great place to look for bookshelves is The Seeker's Archive, because the books respawn if you exit and wait 5-15 minutes before re-entering. However, it won't have any zone-specific books. These are the general categories I've noticed:
    - All of Tamriel
    - Cyrodiil
    - Zones 0-1
    - Zone 2
    - Zone 3
    - Zone 4
    - Zone 5

By Zone, I mean all Zones at a specific tier of difficulty. So, Zone 1 would be Stonefalls, Auridon, and Glenumbra.
    Edited by Oldbushie on August 24, 2016 5:38PM
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭
    "Of the Dragonfires (Fragment)" - Lorebooks says it's in the western temple in Ebonheart, but I can't find it. It may be a bookshelf issue but I have yet to confirm this.
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP

Dungeons
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vSG HM
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
  • LadyMamoulian
    LadyMamoulian
    ✭✭✭
    I dont want to sound cynical but what is all this good for? There are a great many Eidetic Memory entries that are still bugged.. years after the initial game release! And it doesnt seem like we are going to get them patched ever. There was some attention given and bugs patched relating to the Imeprial City, Hews Bane, GoldCoast and Wrotghar but thats it, probably those are the new areas that people were caring for at the moment.. but what about the old areas? There were some patches too, few and far between as they were, but thats it. Let me just present some impossible to get Eidetic Memory entries here, STILL unattainable and probably forever more to stay that way even though I reported them more then TWO YEARS ago! Please correct me if I am wrong but, just randomly from about 50 forever lost entries, those still cannot attained:

-Gravestone notes is EverMore, Bankorai after the quest A grave matter is completed
    -the whole cluster of books Journal of the Zen Priest, The Founding of Bloodtoil, Drublog Shamans Journal, Old Drublog Journal and so on after BloodToil Valley is completed in Malabal Tor
    -For Donel from Father in the inaccessible attic of an inn in Wayrest, Stormhaven after the quest is completed
    -A reminder from the Judge in Coldharbour after the Court of Contempt is completed
    -an incredible EIGHT bugged Eidetic Memories entries in Shadowfen, a depressive number for collectors indeed: Eyes of the Queen only, Quartermasters Report, Albus Journal, A Perfect Score, Letter Home, Tsanjis Ship Record, Feyne Vildans Diary, Gordags Journal. etc.. in ONE ZONE only!

And these are just random examples of course. Is there something I am missing here? Were these patched in some long ago patches maybe? If yes please correct me, if not.. what can we do? Pray to Zenigod to let us complete our collection of Lore two years after ESO was released? I have to admit I am phazed by this and as much as I love Tamriel, I have to say this is pretty depressing..
    Edited by LadyMamoulian on August 29, 2016 10:15AM
  • Talek
    Talek
    ✭✭✭
    Basically if they want to fix Eidetic Memory all they have to do is place quest-locked books in open world after the quest is done (like Mages Guild quest lorebooks are available after the quest in the zone related to that quest), most ppl that i know of that care about lorebooks are old players and in early days Eidetic Memory just didn't work, so plenty of quest related books are missing from our collection because game didn't recognize that we read them back then.
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they want to fix it, it's easy, contact me.
    I'll give all data they need.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • LadyMamoulian
    LadyMamoulian
    ✭✭✭
    Ayantir I dont understand, what are you suggesting? Can you make the lost Eidetic Memory Books fixed for us?
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ayantir I dont understand, what are you suggesting? Can you make the lost Eidetic Memory Books fixed for us?

No, because Ayantir has no access to the game's code. But he (she?) has all the data so that ZOS could fix them easily, without having to look for lost / stuck books themselves. Still, ZOS needs to *want* it fixed, else nothing will ever get fixed.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on August 30, 2016 4:56PM
  • LadyMamoulian
    LadyMamoulian
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, that sound great.. Ayantir would you be so kind as to try to resolve one of those at least then?

-Gravestone notes is EverMore, Bankorai after the quest A grave matter is completed
    -the whole cluster of books Journal of the Zen Priest, The Founding of Bloodtoil, Drublog Shamans Journal, Old Drublog Journal and so on after BloodToil Valley is completed in Malabal Tor
    -For Donel from Father in the inaccessible attic of an inn in Wayrest, Stormhaven after the quest is completed
    -A reminder from the Judge in Coldharbour after the Court of Contempt is completed

And we shall see how this goes :)

TY!
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭
    "The Folly of Isolation" - the scripts for Sheogorath's Play during that particular Mages Guild quest. Turns out only the parts that you read on the quest respawn at the Wayrest/Elden Root/Mournhold mages guild - so if you miss any, you can't get them back.
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP

Dungeons
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vSG HM
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many posts!

Thanks, @Oldbushie and @Kyoma : very strange that both my characters and Oldbushie's are the same server and alliance but I can see "A Perfect Score" and he can't:(

@AJTC5000 "of the Dragonfires (Fragment)" this is a bookshelf book first place I saw it was in Ebonheart temple but I have seen it in other locations since (Cyrodiil, Stonefalls, and Khenarthi's Roost from my notes)

Added to Main Post:
    Torn Note from Jessen: Daedric Cults: no Elden Root location, but is in Mournhold and Wayrest
    Albus' Journal: Personal Journals
    White Rose Guard's Journal: Personal Journals
    On the Matter of the Prisoners: Notes and Memos: phased Court of Contempt

@LadyMamoulian The reason for this post is to show players are interested in this being fixed, to help ZoS identify and locate the problem books and to help each other find books we are missing. I have seen several I have been missing fixed over time. The post from ZoS in this thread indicated they are looking into it, I think we may have been too close to Hist launch to get many fixes there (none from the main list in this thread) but the new PTS is up today and I will go look and see if any are fixed on there.

It isn't as simple as just putting every book out somewhere. Some quests REQUIRE you to read the book, these actually don't need a book in the world afterwards - they just need to check if the character has done the quest and then mark that book read. Phasing book issues don't seem simple at all. A couple examples are "A Perfect Score" which I discuss above, some players see and some don't and there doesn't seem to be a reason why (I can see the book both on a character who has completed Shadowfen and one that hasn't done any quests). Another book is the "Letter to Artisan Craftworks" as some players can find the book on the floor of the Mournhold Forge after the Quest. I am sure I did the quest but the npc you turn in to talks to me like I haven't and the book isn't on the floor.

In the grand scheme of fixing things, Eidetic Memory would be lower on the priority list. I became most interested in it when I realized I wasn't missing that many books anymore and the entire system seemed fixed (I have played since the Early Access and when I originally got Eidetic Memory it was hopelessly bugged, so at that time I gave up on trying to complete it/report every bug, because the total books read changed when logging in and out!)

Gravestone Notes: should be in the Graveyard, next to a pillar by one of the steps, it does glow. Please let me know if you still cannot locate it, this may be one of the "only some players are bugged" books

The Bloodtoil Valley books are indeed bugged, I am missing them also - I expect to find them near the Spinner who you give them to at the end of the quest.

Actually, Shadowfen having so many bugs doesn't surprise me. I couldn't get the quest achievement there for the longest time due to some bugginess in the month after launch. I am missing many of the Shadowfen bug listed books too.

@Ayantir has done a great deal of very awesome work! I have to say there are a few missing from his addon still (damn that I play on NA and data gathered on EU!), but hopefully the devs can take a look at his data and pick out the quest locked ones (and possibly phased ones, but these I physically have to visit in game "No Quarantine for Us" for example simply isn't at the location on Lorebooks, after running through on another toon I realized the entire area phases once the related quest is complete and that is the reason the book isn't visible.

"For Donel from Father" is a book I am missing as well, likely won't be located in the attic after quest. There is a choice, but I gave it and the gold to a guard by the stairs into Wayrest Castle.

@AJTC5000 "Folly in Fixation" should be found on bookshelves as well: I have a note saying I found it once in Hollow City, Coldharbor. I think all the skill books occur on bookshelves in a variety of places though.

As the Books in the First post/Main List are fixed I will move them to a separate heading so you can check more easily if a book you are missing has made it into a fix. From the devs post though they will be listing the fixed books in the patch notes which will hopefully make it simpler for all.

I am, as a personal project, trying to locate every book in game and place it in a spreadsheet. I make note of all quest-related, quest area, phased etc books and then check them after I complete the quest in question. For quest books this results in a before and after location. I also note if the book was required reading, in other words the quest actually says "Read the Book" and you cannot progress without reading it. Those books may be fixed without placing a physical book in the world after the quest is complete. I personally found Lorebooks most helpful in locating books on my Main character that were missing, since it is a small number of books. Maps can be a bit...overwhelming...if a character is missing ALL the books in a zone:p

Cheers!

• AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭
    @AJTC5000 "Folly in Fixation" should be found on bookshelves as well: I have a note saying I found it once in Hollow City, Coldharbor. I think all the skill books occur on bookshelves in a variety of places though.

Not "Folly in Fixation" - that's a skill book I have already :D I'm talking about "The Folly of Isolation" - it's Sheogorath's play from the Mages Guild quest "Circus of Cheerful Slaughter".

And actually, don't worry about it! I assumed because I had parts 1, 3, 6, 7, 8 and the Last that I was missing parts 2, 4 and 5, but actually those 6 are the only ones you can pick up - parts 2, 4 and 5 do not exist in the Eidetic Memory. Thanks anyway!
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP

Dungeons
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vSG HM
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG I am sorry, how did my brain read "The Folly of Isolation" and translate it to "Folly in Fixation". So sorry!

No PTS up or PTS notes to see any news if Eidetic Memory is getting some love in Update 12...tomorrow...hopefully:)
  • Tib
    Tib
    ✭✭✭
    EDIT for clarification: From the PTS 2.6.0 patch notes (= NOT yet live, but will be coming with Update 12)
    Eidetic Memory
    • A large number of previously missing or obscurely-placed books can once again be located in places throughout the world, in accordance with their content.
    • Missing Main Quest books (such as the ever-elusive Aldimion's Journal) will now show up in your alliance's Harborage somewhere.
    • Books that were quest items that had no easily-located copy in the world will be located somewhere in the area they were relevant, usually by the quest finisher.
    • Some books previously buried by terrain changes throughout the time since launch have been unearthed for your perusal. Some lacked glows to call them out as special, which has been fixed.
    • Books from Cyrodiil that were locked inside alliance bases now also have copies somewhere within their gated territories.
    • The gold larceny book, King Farangel's Unpublished Ode to Wayrest, is now visible as a readable book in the Thieves Den after you've stolen it.
    • A tiny number of books that were found to have broken interaction requirements have since been fixed.
    • A small number of books that were never intended to be part of a collection were removed from those collections; your Eidetic Memory will automatically update to accommodate the new requirements.
    • Please continue to report books you feel are missing or not easily found, and we will continue to review and update them!
    • The Eidetic Memory section of the Lore Library will no longer appear for those that do not have Eidetic Memory unlocked. The Library of Incunabula collection will once again require Eidetic Memory to recall.
    • The Words of the Poets collection no longer possesses the unattainable book “The Oath of Light.”

@Mix - some more work for you? ;)

Also, *cough* a couple of months late, but I'm really happy to see this thread got some replies from ZOS :) Thanks guys!

Edited by Tib on September 3, 2016 10:05AM
    ~Tibbie~
    Senior Achievement Seeker, Scholar of UESP and the laziest trader in Tamriel
    Editor and Recent Changes Patroller at UESP
    Member of Beyond Skyrim: Iliac Bay
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you @Mix ! Huge help, I've printed off the list and will see if I cant get many of these tonight.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nurrtibub16_ESO beat me to it :). Let's have a collective work with PTS (I currently have PTS installed and with the NA copies, hopefully most of these problematic ones will be squared off.

@Mix it will be good to have like columns/section/some indication or checks that the books in OP will be accessible in Update 12. Of course, there's a potential some books may have been missed and it will be great if we can report back for next PTS incremental patch.

Let's make this work everyone :)
  • spainchaudub17_ESO
    I found a problem with 4 books in the Craglorn Secrets set. These books are in the entryway to Dragonstar Arena.

Tracking the Arena
    The Wonders of Craglorn
    We Who Are About To Die
    Dragonstar Arena Quest Book

I can read all these books on a character that has never been in there before. The books are not there for my main character, which has completed DSA at least once. For my main character those first three books are missing. Either that character is bugged or the phase out after DSA is completed.

• spainchaudub17_ESO
    The gold larceny book, King Farangel's Unpublished Ode to Wayrest, is now visible as a readable book in the Thieves Den after you've stolen it.

I have not found this. I can see the book in its display case, but can't find a readable version in the den.
  • DanaeldeWitz
    DanaeldeWitz
    ✭✭
    I have not found this. I can see the book in its display case, but can't find a readable version in the den.

It is not still available. It is necessary to wait for the next update (update 12) in some month.

• spainchaudub17_ESO
    Eidetic Memory
    • A large number of previously missing or obscurely-placed books can once again be located in places throughout the world, in accordance with their content.
    • Missing Main Quest books (such as the ever-elusive Aldimion's Journal) will now show up in your alliance's Harborage somewhere.
    • Books that were quest items that had no easily-located copy in the world will be located somewhere in the area they were relevant, usually by the quest finisher.
    • Some books previously buried by terrain changes throughout the time since launch have been unearthed for your perusal. Some lacked glows to call them out as special, which has been fixed.
    • Books from Cyrodiil that were locked inside alliance bases now also have copies somewhere within their gated territories.
    • The gold larceny book, King Farangel's Unpublished Ode to Wayrest, is now visible as a readable book in the Thieves Den after you've stolen it.
    • A tiny number of books that were found to have broken interaction requirements have since been fixed.
    • A small number of books that were never intended to be part of a collection were removed from those collections; your Eidetic Memory will automatically update to accommodate the new requirements.
    • Please continue to report books you feel are missing or not easily found, and we will continue to review and update them!
    • The Eidetic Memory section of the Lore Library will no longer appear for those that do not have Eidetic Memory unlocked. The Library of Incunabula collection will once again require Eidetic Memory to recall.
    • The Words of the Poets collection no longer possesses the unattainable book “The Oath of Light.”

Also, *cough* a couple of months late, but I'm really happy to see this thread got some replies from ZOS :) Thanks guys!

Where is this information from? It looks like patch notes, but I can't seem to find them so I can't get a date of this update. The notes seem fairly useless anyway. I have checked several of my missing books that have "broken interaction requirements" and they still don't work. When books are fixed we need them listed, so we can verify the fix and give feedback, instead of running around testing books that are still broken.
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eidetic Memory

Where is this information from? It looks like patch notes, but I can't seem to find them so I can't get a date of this update. The notes seem fairly useless anyway. I have checked several of my missing books that have "broken interaction requirements" and they still don't work. When books are fixed we need them listed, so we can verify the fix and give feedback, instead of running around testing books that are still broken.

@spainchaudub17_ESO These Patch Notes :
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/288585/pts-patch-notes-v2-6-0/p1
    PC/EU DC