Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D Hey All!

I have been excitedly racing around the PTS looking at all the books on our list. I have quickly edited my personal spreadsheet that I use for tracking our master buggy book list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19Aq6oFPsgzBZDULnwJwE1YAzR-dYO8Cc-2ouyISC3NA/edit?usp=sharing

I won't be updating the master list in this thread until the patch goes Live, but I will be posting a thread in the PTS forum in which I will list both the fixed books and the still buggy books from our list.

With the complete reset of Craglorn for us, maybe this time I can actually read and hear things since you can solo it and it won't be RUSH RUSH RUSH, I am not going to focus on missing books from that zone. We can compile issues there after there has been time to re-explore the whole zone to see if the books moved or are still missing.

If you are posting in THIS thread about the PTS please specify that is where you cannot locate the book.
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭
    "Ilessan Tower" - apparently found through multiple places (Stros M'Kai, Glenumbra, Coldharbour overworld and Vile Laboratory) but has spawned in none of these places. The spawn location in the Vile Laboratory is blocked off once you complete the quest there. Part of the Criminal Correspondence collection.
    Edited by AJTC5000 on September 3, 2016 10:51PM
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000
      DC - Alena-Draco - Dunmer Magicka Templar

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vMoL HM (Dro-m'Athra Destroyer)
      • vHoF HM (Tick-Tock Tormentor/The Dynamo)
      • vAS HM (Saintly Saviour/Immortal Redeemer)
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)
      • vDSR (Reef Guardian HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP
      • vVA Flawless (Spirit Slayer)

Dungeons
      • vFL HM (Leave No Bone Unbroken)
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vMoS HM (Apex Predator)
      • vFV HM (Relentless Raider)
      • vDoM HM (Depths Defier)
      • vLoM HM (Nature's Wrath)
      • vMGF HM (Defanged the Devourer)
      • vIcereach HM (No Rest for the Wicked/Storm Foe)
      • vUG HM (In Defiance of Death/Bonecaller's Bane)
      • vSG HM
      • vCT HM (Bane of Thorns)
      • vBDV HM (Ardent Bibliophile)
      • vCauldron HM (Subterranean Smasher)
      • vRPB HM (Bastion Breaker/of the Silver Rose)
      • vDC HM (Battlespire's Best/The Dreaded)
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vERE HM (Invaders' Bane)
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
      • vSH HM (Magnastylus in the Making/Curator's Champion)
      • vBS HM (Temporal Tempest)
  • spainchaudub17_ESO
    AJTC5000 wrote: »
    "Ilessan Tower" - apparently found through multiple places (Stros M'Kai, Glenumbra, Coldharbour overworld and Vile Laboratory) but has spawned in none of these places. The spawn location in the Vile Laboratory is blocked off once you complete the quest there. Part of the Criminal Correspondence collection.

I could swear that I recently found that book with the help of the Lorebooks addon. My memory is that it was on the ground, outside in Glenumbra. It was further from Ilessan Tower than I would have expected. Now that I found it, the book no longer shows on my map, so I don't remember exactly where it was.

I don't believe it is found in any of the other places you mention. Don't forget to go into the Lorebooks settings and turn on the eidetic memory books.
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ilessan Tower is a book which can both be read from bag and found on ground after quest.
    on ground, it's near a tree near a group of npcs (some guards starting a quest against some bandits near SE of glenumbra).

I didn't removed it from others places, because I didn't had the quest name yet.
    It's one of those books which are not deleted after quest completion.
    Edited by Ayantir on September 4, 2016 3:34AM
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • LadyMamoulian
    LadyMamoulian
    ✭✭✭
    @Mix Thank you very much for an in-depth reply concerning my sample-list of missing books. Yes, the graveyard books in Bankorai are indeed missing for good after the quest is done. Anyway I have a very basic and important question that needs to be answered: is there a list somewhere, anywhere that would show ALL REPAIRED/BUGFIXED Eidetic Memory entries so far? I tried to go through all patchlists on Zenimax patchlist page but its practically impossible to get all changes together like this..

And also, for some reason when I open your spreadsheet, Its empty for me, I can see only some initial comments but no data for books. Can you please Email this sheet to me? My Email is [email protected] As I said I have a very thorough map in my computer concerning what is missing/phased/bugged, etc.that I ve been building for years on the EU megaserver. If you want I can add and/or correct your entries so that we would have a more complete sheet when I am done..
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭
    AJTC5000 wrote: »

I could swear that I recently found that book with the help of the Lorebooks addon. My memory is that it was on the ground, outside in Glenumbra. It was further from Ilessan Tower than I would have expected. Now that I found it, the book no longer shows on my map, so I don't remember exactly where it was.

I don't believe it is found in any of the other places you mention. Don't forget to go into the Lorebooks settings and turn on the eidetic memory books.
    Ayantir wrote: »
    Ilessan Tower is a book which can both be read from bag and found on ground after quest.
    on ground, it's near a tree near a group of npcs (some guards starting a quest against some bandits near SE of glenumbra).

I didn't removed it from others places, because I didn't had the quest name yet.
    It's one of those books which are not deleted after quest completion.

Found it at Ayantir's suggested location - weird, I checked there like three times. Eh, whatever, thanks both of you!
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP

Dungeons
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vSG HM
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LadyMamoulian

You may want to edit out your email, I sent you a share from the spreadsheet.

The Graveyard Books in Bangkorai are present for me after the quest. Is Gravestone Notes the only book related to this quest not visible to you after the quest?

On the spreadsheet the first tab is just notes, the books should be in the rest of the tabs according to what is/was bugged about them. I gave you edit abilities, but please make sure the books you add are still bugged - I tend to throw those I am not sure about into the "players seeking" tab. The hardest ones so far to identify are the ones that are only bugged for SOME players, because we need several people to be checking on it. I check books every patch if I can:) The spreadsheet won't be updated completely until this Update goes Live, in case some of the fixes don't make it to Live...hmm I will add "Fixed" Tab to the spreadsheet too!

Here is the thread I am keeping for the current PTS:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/289350/2-6-eidetic-memory-fixed-bugged-summary#latest

As far as I know there is no other list of fixed books.
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭
    "Letter from Tamien Sellan" - this book is located in the Sellan household in Eagle's Brook, Glenumbra, but the house locks itself after the quests "The White Mask of Merien" and "Cutting Off the Source" have been completed. As far as I am aware there is no other copy of the book. It's part of the collection "Letters and Missives".
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP

Dungeons
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vSG HM
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding "Letter from Tamien Sellan" to spreadsheet. It doesn't appear to be accessible on the PTS.
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    Adding "Letter from Tamien Sellan" to spreadsheet. It doesn't appear to be accessible on the PTS.

Actually I lied - you can enter the house and get the book.

I think I'm having problems where at first I can't access the locale where the book is, but once I relog it works. Will try this more in future.
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP

Dungeons
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vSG HM
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, this time the door let me interact with it too! Removed from list.
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need a couple notes from Gold Coast, like "Sweetroll Recipients" that didn't appear before the quest "Sweetroll Killer" (obviously) but also didn't appear while on it and now the addon marks a lot of entries of them in my map, because I didn't read it from any possible location it could appear, but they're nowhere to be found.

Another one, some notes (Rhanbiq's Orders: No Shira Prison) inside No Shira Prison (duh) in Hew's Bane that I didn't find while in there for the final...ish quest and now i can't enter the place again.
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Berenghar
    Berenghar
    ✭✭
    sweetro
    Need a couple notes from Gold Coast, like "Sweetroll Recipients" that didn't appear before the quest "Sweetroll Killer" (obviously) but also didn't appear while on it and now the addon marks a lot of entries of them in my map, because I didn't read it from any possible location it could appear, but they're nowhere to be found.

Another one, some notes (Rhanbiq's Orders: No Shira Prison) inside No Shira Prison (duh) in Hew's Bane that I didn't find while in there for the final...ish quest and now i can't enter the place again.

sweetrool recipients can now be found at gold coast.
    west of the strids wayshire there are two houses. look there :)
    *** Bei Dunkelheit sicht man nicht so weit, wie bei Tageslicht, wo man weiter sicht ***
  • Ungorisz
    Ungorisz
    Soul Shriven
    "Reaper's March - Arenthia - Tower District" is locked after doing "The Colovian Occupation" and i couldn't find any other place for the following book:

Diaries and Logs:
    - Rotten Bread and Spoiled Meat
  • Xorane
    Xorane
    Soul Shriven
    Found some more, which are unobtainable for me as of pre Update 12:

Heart of Valenwood [The World and Its Creatures] - Related Quest: Striking at the Heart (Greenshade)
    -> Supposed to be in a Camp SE of Hectahame
    -> Searched Hectahame, Hectahame Grotto (as far as I could get in) and the general vincinity. No luck
    -> Note to @Mix : Already listed in PTS thread but not in this one.

The following Books are obtainable with the current server state and should be removed from the list:

Experiment Journal
    -> Vile Manse, Reaper's March

Tancano the Elder's Journal, Ruurifin's Journal Page 1, Uryaamo's Journal
    -> Fighter's Guild in either Mournhold or Wayrest (searched but not found in Elden Root Fighter's Guild)

Edited by Xorane on September 22, 2016 12:32AM
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Xorane
    Thank you! I haven't been updating this list due to the PTS, but I will make sure those are removed.
  • Xorane
    Xorane
    Soul Shriven
    Another Eidetic Memory that I can't find:

How Long? [Daedric Cults] - Greenshade, in or near City of Ash Dungeon

Searched City of Ash on both Normal and Vet
    Lorebooks Addon refers to it beeing IN the City of Ash, though the linked coords are refering to a spot OUTSIDE the Dungeon.

So my question:
    Anyone knows the exact spot?
    Is it obtainable?
    Is it phased?
    Or am I once again a victim of a memory not beeing acknowleged appropriately?

Help is greatly appreciated. Maybe @Jekerl could give me a hint? :pensive:

• spainchaudub17_ESO
    I have found How Long at some point, but I don't remember when. So it must be available, unless it is quest related, and you have missed the opportunity to get it.
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doing Orsinium again there' Letter toFajrun Prison Guard that, apparently, is inside Fahrun Prison (at least Lorebooks addon says "Dungeon").

But, because it didn't appear while doing the respective quest, it's now mussing from my list and guess what? I can't enter tje Prison ahain because the entrance through the well has no activator

"Good" job, ZOS
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭
    Xorane wrote: »
    Another Eidetic Memory that I can't find:

How Long? [Daedric Cults] - Greenshade, in or near City of Ash Dungeon

Searched City of Ash on both Normal and Vet
    Lorebooks Addon refers to it beeing IN the City of Ash, though the linked coords are refering to a spot OUTSIDE the Dungeon.

So my question:
    Anyone knows the exact spot?
    Is it obtainable?
    Is it phased?
    Or am I once again a victim of a memory not beeing acknowleged appropriately?

Help is greatly appreciated. Maybe @Jekerl could give me a hint? :pensive:

The book "How Long?" is the last book inside Veteran City of Ash, and is located inside Red-Zeal Keep, the room behind Valkyn Skoria's arena containing the sigil stone. As you enter the keep, head towards the sigil stone and then make a sharp left turn. There is a little archway with some wooden scaffolding that you pass under, and if you follow this small corridor you will come to a small room containing some furnishings. The book "How Long?" is sitting on a desk, as well as another book which is part of that micro-collection but I can't remember the name of. Both are obtainable and are not phased, as the dungeon resets each time you do it. Happy hunting!
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP

Dungeons
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vSG HM
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    FYI next update will introduce a motif which will be in eidetic & in crown store only. (And another style is already planned in next event of january too..)

I still don't known how much it'll cost, if book or chapters will be sellable nin gold, but for me it's the line I won't cross.

Eidetic collectionners will need to spend few (a lot) $$ if they want the absolute completion.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ayantir wrote: »
    FYI next update will introduce a motif which will be in eidetic & in crown store only. (And another style is already planned in next event of january too..)

I still don't known how much it'll cost, if book or chapters will be sellable nin gold, but for me it's the line I won't cross.

Eidetic collectionners will need to spend few (a lot) $$ if they want the absolute completion.

How do you know it will be crown-store only, @Ayantir ? Patch notes are ambiguous and we haven't got any clear response from ZOS. Maybe the motif will be available ingame, maybenot. We don't know for sure.

• BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard the same @Ayantir and I sincerely hope it isn't true.
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From this thread :
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294210/about-crownstore-showcase-crown-crafting-motif-grim-harlequin/p1

Aerin wrote: »
    @MissBizz Crown store exclusive, there is no doubt, nothing in achievement about this Grim Harlequin motif.

QvmAxkG.jpg

Yeah it's not looking good =(
    PC/EU DC
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest I think it's time to remove crafting motifs from Eidetic Memory in the first place.
    Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
  • AJTC5000
    AJTC5000
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't find anything in Eidetic Memory about the new Frost Mage motif that is given to you on the PTS (with a crown motif icon).
    • PC/NA - @AJTC5000

PvE Achievements
      Trials
      • vHRC HM
      • vAA HM
      • vSO HM
      • vCR HM
      • vSS HM
      • vRG (Oax HM)

Arenas
      • vMA Flawless
      • vBRP

Dungeons
      • vSCP HM (Mountain God)
      • vMHK HM (Pure Lunacy)
      • vSG HM
      • vCA HM
      • vSR HM
      • vGD HM (Fist of Tava)
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, this crown-store only motif thing sucks, I hope they don't go through with it. Sadly, it does look like Grim Harlequin and Frostcaster will be crown-only. We never saw a source for them on the PTS and they were just given to the pre-made characters.
  • Rainchii
    Rainchii
    ✭✭
    Albus' Journal, Personal Journals: can now be found at the White Rose Prison location regardless of quest choice.
    Introduction to Aedric Studies, The Devoted and Deranged: Just confirming for your list that I actually found it in IC down in the sewers next to the ghost boss in the EP area.
    Thwarting the Daedra: Dagon's Cult, Daedric Cults: I also found this one in IC at one of the bookshelves next to the alchemy and enchanting crafting tables in the EP base.
  • AbbieGoth
    AbbieGoth
    ✭✭
    Letter from Lenwe - One of the books found in the Phaer Catacombs, which becomes inaccessible after you've finished the quest. Part of the Letters and Missives collection - While Letter from Minique and Tancano's Journal can both be found outside the catacombs, Lenwe's letter is not.
    PC/NA Server - Max CP
    [AD] Kazhiana - Stam DK Tank
    [AD] Clan Mother Kitta-Ko - Magplar Healer
    vAA | vHRC | vSO+HM
    #KhajiitMasterRace
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone had luck finding:
    • Letter to Artisans Craftworks - found where Mix said
    • Valyia's Cargo Manifest - still bugged
    • Eyes of the Queen Only - still bugged
    • To the Veiled Masters - grahtwood embassy
    • Agolas's Journal - presumed bugged
    • Invitation to Orsinium - found where Mix said
    • Letter to Egranor - inside north ruins at the area
    • Letter to Lady Sulima - inside Sulima mansion (which can be accessed now)
    • Journal of Culanwe - found where Mix said
    • Heart of Valenwood - still bugged
    • Nirwaen's Diary - not outside undercroft or at the small camp
    • Hubert's Notes - found where Mix said
    • Smuggler's Note (criminal correspondences) -found where Mix said
    • Angalayond - found where StrangeFull said[
    • Larelleis - found where StrangeFull said
    • Wenayasille - found where StrangeFull said
    • Morillatta - found where StrangeFull said
    • Note from Orlugash - found where Mix said
    • The Wonders of Craglorn - dragonstar arena, entrance room in the back
    • The Excavation of Ouze - where mix said
    • Request for Relief (crafting books) read on a bookshelf in craglorn

Not near the spot or the end of questline as far as I could tell.

Edited by BlackEar on October 30, 2016 11:42AM
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!