Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jekerl wrote: »
    We've checked all of the books reported in this thread and have resolved the issues internally where appropriate. The fix should make it to the Live servers in a patch soon.

That is awesome! Thank you so much for looking into this for us!

@Holger30 The Note actually starts the quest (Best Left Unknown) and is found South of Cheydinhal Foothills Dolmen and East of Vahtacen, it is on a road right up against that edge of the map. 85x48

Offer of Amnesty: Wrothgar Writings, isn't currently found anywhere if you have done the quest. It may show on Lorebooks in various locations because you pick it up and can read in your inventory. Originally, it is found in Watcher's Hold delve.
    Edited by Mix on July 23, 2016 3:49PM
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    Thx, have found there Azaras Note.
  • skrigger
    skrigger
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone knows where to find Silver Dawn Contract (Gold Coast Collection) after you finish the corresponding Dark Brotherhood quest...
    ...that takes you to the Jerall Mountains in search of Hildegard?
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    skrigger wrote: »
    Anyone knows where to find Silver Dawn Contract (Gold Coast Collection) after you finish the corresponding Dark Brotherhood quest...

Was wrong what I say. :(
    Edited by Holger30 on July 24, 2016 3:08PM
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    Gives tomorrow a new Patch with few Books? B)
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    skrigger wrote: »

I don't see a spot for this after the quest. I wish we could use that cart to travel back to the quest locations!

I am waiting for the coming patch (I think this coming week is Hist) before updating the first post page again as there may be book fixes included in the patch:)
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I updated LoreBooks for Eidetic completionists. Few more books.
    I won't collect since few weeks since I would like to progress on other projects.

And Eidetic cannot be completed until Witches event because of the 2 craft styles already in.
    Edited by Ayantir on August 3, 2016 6:19PM
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Ayantir
  • spainchaudub17_ESO
    Another book that can't be interacted with:

Daedric Cults: Sardok's Bloodthorn Report - at Tangled Rock in Glenumbra. It is glowing on the ground.
  • eaton68_ESO
    eaton68_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you to all who have worked on this, it's awesome. And, ya .... very frustrating when hunting them up and so many are not accessible.
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm finding no updates on many of these books since the Hist update. Anyone able to get some luck? Still have many of the books mentioned here inaccessible or were they going to implemenet a patch after the Hist update?
  • thawks
    thawks
    ✭✭✭
    As they weren't mentioned in the patch notes, I'm guessing they'll be included in an future incremental patch.
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    The Book "Avenge Us" Cyrodiil, I cant find at your Location Point.
    Is it a Quest Book??
  • spainchaudub17_ESO
    Mix wrote: »
    2.4.11 Updated
    [*] Letter to Artisan's Craftworks: Letters and Missives: 2.4 PTS Mournhold Blacksmith on floor after Q but cannot locate on Live

I have 4 EP characters and only one of them can see and interact with this note on the floor. I can't find the original quest giver on any of the characters, but that may be because I don't remember where she is. I have run the main road south of Selfora with no luck.

When I talk to the brother Gendyn Beleth, he acts like he does not know me (like I have not done the quest) if I am on a character that can't see the letter. He talks to me about his sister if I am on a character that can see the letter.

I decided to run the quest with an AD character. At the start there is no letter on the floor and the brother treats me as a stranger. I found Blivisi and returned the unread letter to Gendyn. The letter immediately showed up on the floor of the smithy.

So the problem seems to be that characters that ran the quest 2 years ago may be bugged and unable to see the letter on the floor. The one EP character that can see the letter probably read it while it was in his possession, but after all this time I can't remember.
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Offer of Amnesty: Wrothgar Writings, isn't currently found anywhere if you have done the quest. It may show on Lorebooks in various locations because you pick it up and can read in your inventory. Originally, it is found in Watcher's Hold delve.

I read Offer of Amnesty during the quest, but it didn't register into my Lorebooks, and of course when I exited the book it disappeared immediately form it's location. Thinking it went into my inventory, I checked but it wasn't there. Couldn't find it anywhere. So I submitted a ticket.
    Edited by Saoirse_Siobhan on August 5, 2016 10:55AM
    PC/EU DC
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    These are the ones I still haven't managed to get that aren't listed in the first page of this thread. Most of them are quest-related, I believe, but a few are locked behind Cyrodiil gates and very hard to get to:

Criminal Correspondence:
    [Shadowfen] A Perfect Score

Daedric Cults:
    [Rivenspire] Tome of Daedric Portals

Diaries and Logs:
    [Cyrodiil] The Perfect Hiding Spot; [Coldharbour] Diary, Day 61; [Coldharbour] Diary, Day 36

Houses, Shops, and Trade:
    [Alik'r Desert] Strakes and Futtocks

Letters and Missives:
    [Grahtwood] Letter to Ofglog; [Stros M'Kai] Letter to Headman Bhosek

Notes and Memos:
    [Cyrodiil] A Plea for the Elder Scrolls; [Cyrodiil] A Plea for the Elder Scrolls; [Coldharbour] On the Matter of the Prisoners; [Alik'r Desert] Note to Throne Keeper Farvad; [Malabal Tor] Note from Orlugash

Personal Journals:
    [Shadowfen] White Rose Guard's Journal; [Coldharbour] Journal of Tsona-Ei, Part Two; [Shadowfen] Albus' Journal

Plots and Schemes:
    [Craglorn] Quartermaster's Note; [Craglorn] Unmarked Pages; [Auridon] Tancano's Journal

Research Notes:
    [Grahtwood] Nimriell's Research; [Betnikh] Vardan's Diary

The Devoted and the Deranged:
    [Alik'r Desert] Knowing Satakal; [Bangkorai] Moon Worship among the Cat-Men

The World and Its Creatures:
    [Greenshade] Heart of Valenwood

Words of the Poets:
    [Bangkorai] Uela's Song; [Grahtwood] Destroyer's Rest

Final Words:
    [Cyrodiil] Azara's Note

Wrothgar Writings:
    [Wrothgar] Conversion Status; [Wrothgar] Permit of Trade

Orsinium Archive:
    [Wrothgar] The Challenge at Bloody Knoll

Hew's Bane Bookshelf:
    [Stormhaven] Arrest Writ; [Hew's Bane] Silver-Claw's Forged Wedding Invitation; [Reaper's March] Vazshara's Journal
  • thawks
    thawks
    ✭✭✭
    With the help of player @Peppo_Lives I was able to find the book A Death Desired! Turns out it does exist in-game; it's just very, VERY hard to find.

Go to Sancre Tor in Cyrodiil, directly north of Fort Rayles Mine. Find the westernmost graveyard (there are two), and scale the cliff that towers above it; the easiest way is by scaling the lower rocks near the base of the nearby tower. Once you get on top, you'll find the book.

Once again, a big thanks to @Peppo_Lives on EU/PC for sharing this information. :smiley:

I currently don't have Map Coordinates installed, but here's an image link.
    Edited by thawks on August 11, 2016 9:27AM
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thawks wrote: »
    With the help of player @Peppo_Lives I was able to find the book A Death Desired! Turns out it does exist in-game; it's just very, VERY hard to find.

Go to Sancre Tor in Cyrodiil, directly north of Fort Rayles Mine. Find the westernmost graveyard (there are two), and scale the cliff that towers above it; the easiest way is by scaling the lower rocks near the base of the nearby tower. Once you get on top, you'll find the book.

Once again, a big thanks to @Peppo_Lives on EU/PC for sharing this information. :smiley:

Unbelievable! I thought I scoured this place so well! Thank you so much @Peppo_Lives! and @thawks :D
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey All,

I checked most of the books in our list and it doesn't appear any were fixed in Update 11 or the following patch (I always check even if the patch notes don't say they have been fixed!)

Currently, I am going through the lists of books you have all posted here and will be adding them to the list once I check on them:)

• BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey All,

I checked most of the books in our list and it doesn't appear any were fixed in Update 11 or the following patch (I always check even if the patch notes don't say they have been fixed!)

Currently, I am going through the lists of books you have all posted here and will be adding them to the list once I check on them:)

I found a lot of the Cyrodiil books which were outphased for me were available, so they did fix some of my missing books at least.
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    thawks wrote: »

The Coordinates are x:19,75 y:25,27
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    Holger30 wrote: »
    Is it a Quest Book??

I have found it x:71,54 y:66,82

Hedoran House, first floor at the ledge, Westside.
  • spainchaudub17_ESO
    Is it a Quest Book??

You mean on the 2nd floor, just the other side of the broken down wall.
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    Is it a Quest Book??

You mean on the 2nd floor, just the other side of the broken down wall.

Yes.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Junipus

Beware: Undercity Ruffians is at:
    l0APBIq.png

@BlackEar

The Mage's Cipher, after quest, is at:
    MBjkfks.png

@Oldbushie and anyone else who cannot find this book!

A Perfect Score is found at:
    17KJHOz.png

IF you cannot find "A Perfect Score" here, then it may be that only some characters can see this, please confirm so I can report if that is the case.

@Oldbushie

I found "Moon Worship Among the Cat-Men" on a random bookshelf in The Rift, as of now I do not know of a static location, but you should be able to find it by reading a bunch of bookshelves in The Rift (they should reset when you logout and then login)
    Edited by Mix on August 14, 2016 5:21PM
  • Xorane
    Xorane
    Soul Shriven
    First of all, thank you Mix and everyone else contributing to this very helpful collection.

That said, I am currently trying to complete my Eidetic Memory in the best possible way.
    Which is kinda hard, because my main & only toon has completed all of the game way before ZOS fixed the whole Eidetic Memory thing.
    So I don't know exactly, if I just got no credit for reading the book or if I simply missed it during quest stages.

So I spend a lot of time in the last couple of weeks to hunt scrolls, letters and whatnot.
    And in that process, I found some more Books, that are unable to get for me with the current server state.

Memories, that are not accesible/phased/otherwise blocked out after a Quest is finished:

Quartermaster's Report [Houses, Shops, and Trade] - Related Quest: Schism (Shadowfen)
    -> Supposed to be in Mud Tree Mine, but is phased out after quest completion.
    -> As seen here at 4:00 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr1zUiCmFFM
    -> Searched around the Mine, above the Mine, in the village, near quest related NPCs. Nothing.

Hadmal's Journal, Page 3 [Mysteries and Clues] - Related Quest: Torn Asunder (Eastmarch)
    -> Supposed to be south of Jorunn' Stand Wayshrine. Quest requires to collect it, so you automatically read it.
    -> Revisited all spots, as seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kwV1ddy-2Q / No Luck.

Valeric's Journal [Mysteries and Clues] - Related Quest: The Better of Two Evils (Eastmarch)
    -> Supposed to be on the Desk to the right, 1st floor, Valeric's Manor, Wittestadr, but phased out after quest completion
    -> Can be seen at the start of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8qsjnb_WlI / Checked quest related locations.

Letter from Minique [Letters and Missives] - Related Quest: The First Patient (Auridon)
    -> Can be found in Phaer Catacombs. However, after finishing the quest, the entrance can't be used any more.

Tancano's Journal [Plots and Schemes] - Related Quest: The First Patient (Auridon)
    -> Can be found in Phaer Catacombs. However, after finishing the quest, the entrance can't be used any more.

Weapon Activation [Rituals and Revelations] - Related Quest: Eye of the Ancients (Auridon)
    -> Supposed to be in a stable building near Scout Lorumel in Greenwater Cove during the Quest.
    > As seen here at 2:32 : https://youtube.com/watch?v=CnNbYMtweew / After finishing the quest, the Note phases out.

Uryaamo's Journal, Ruurifin's Journal, Entry 1 & Tancano the Elder's Journal
    [Research Notes] - Related Quest: If the Dead could talk (Grahtwood)
    -> Can be found in Root Sunder Ruins Public Dungeon, at their corresponding owner's body.
    -> This one is bugged for sure for me, since I remember reading the Journals from my inventory.
    -> However, since the Quest is complete, the journals are no longer readable and nowhere to be found.
    -> Not even near questgiver Tandare, who is standing outside the dungeon.

Note from Orlugash [Notes and Memos] - Related Quest: Arithiel (Malabal Tor)
    -> Can be found inside Abamath Ruins
    -> However patch notes indicate that since 1.5 you are un able to re-enter Abamath Ruins after completing the Quest.
    -> So there is no way to interact with both Abamath Ruins and Shrine of Mauloch entrances.

Not That Bad [Diaries and Logs] - Related Quest: The Colovian Occupation (Reaper's March)
    -> Supposed to be found on the 2nd Floor of Hirraxim's House in the Tower District of Arenthia
    -> Can only be collected during the Quest Phase. Afterwards the Tower District entrance can't be used any more.

Uela's Song [Words of the Poets] - Related Quest: Heart of Evil (Bangkorai)
    -> Can only be obtained during the Quest phase, in which you have to destroy 3 totems
    -> In this phase it can be found at the places linked by Lorebooks-Addon. (2 Locations)
    -> After the Quest is complete, it is impossible to read the book.
    -> Searched the whole of Jackdaw's Cove & Uela's Lair, no success.

Healer Heloise's Notes [Final Words] - Related Quest: Under Siege (Rivenspire)
    -> Can be aquired when searching for Healer Heloise Quest step.
    -> It is automatically read during the quest. So I guess another case of no credit for me :-/
    -> After the Quest is complete, the Note is nowhere to be found.
    -> Searched around the farm, the Tower, every building. No Luck here.

Journal of Tsona-Ei, Part Two [Personal Journals] - Related Quest: A Graveyard of Ships (Coldharbour)
    -> Originally found in the Cabin of the Winsome Lass.
    -> The entrance to said cabin can't be used anymore after the quest is complete.
    -> There is a glowing book to the left of the entrance but as of now, it has no description and can't be interacted with.
    -> Searched the whole Area but not found elsewhere

Books with no Glow:

Vadan's Diary [Research Notes] - Related Quest: Into the Hills (Betnikh)
    -> Can be found near 2 Soulgems in Bloodthorn Lair (in the western most large room), but has no glow.

When We Pass [The Devoted and the Deranged] Hallin's Stand, Bangkorai
    -> Can be found in Septima Tharn's Office, but has no glow.

Feel free to add these to the list. If anyone could proove me wrong regarding obtaining these books, I'd be grateful.
    And if these are not obtainable, maybe @Jekerl or someone else at ZOS could check on these as well.
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Junipus

Beware: Undercity Ruffians is at:
    l0APBIq.png

Many thanks, found out it's phased based and requires you to have the quest active for the normal dungeon, either from first time doing it or the daily undaunted pledges.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double post
    Edited by Junipus on August 15, 2016 9:41AM
    The Legendary Nothing
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    BlackEar wrote: »
    Thank you but I know they are not available for me as I have checked all the locations :) either not spawning or locked behind a quest area. I reported them to ZOS hoping they will fix it in the future

/lurk

(We're working on the fixes)

Is there already an appointment, for the Patch or Fix??
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, lovely thread this is and it helps me check if I should bother looking for some of my missing books. I do have a question about 2 books I cannot find

Torn Note from Jessen - Daedric Cults, I know it is linked to the Fighters Guild Anchors from the Harbour but I cannot find it lying anywhere near the guild hall or the quest locations. Am I overlooking it or is it also no longer available after completing the quest?

Missing Citizens - Mysteries and Clues. Has anybody found a copy of this outside of the quest? It is from the Through the Ashes quest in Dawnbreak, Auridon. Nevermind this one, found it sneaky behind a tree.
    Edited by Kyoma on August 15, 2016 2:22PM
    Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.