Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to Load Certain Characters and/or Certain Zones on Xbox One (NA)

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
We are currently investigating an issue that arose yesterday after the Xbox One maintenance, where some players are unable to load certain character and/or certain zones. This may result in a very long loading screen that times out when attempting to access certain zones and/or characters. If you are experiencing this issue, please reply to this thread with the following:
  • Your Xbox Live Gamertag
  • The name of your impacted character(s) and what zone(s) they are in
Also, please confirm that you are indeed on the North American Xbox One megaserver.

Thank you all for your patience as we work on resolving this issue.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Mcgelie1
    Mcgelie1
    ✭✭
    Mcgelie1
    Watches-the-Root
    Bal Often (all EP starter zones)
    Been logged in for a little, seems to have gotten slightly better, disconnects still common. I've had 12 so far today.
  • xKill3rxKingx
    xKill3rxKingx
    Soul Shriven
    Gamertag: xKill3rxKingx
    Character: Arnius Mareal
    Megaserver: North American
  • yynari
    yynari
    Soul Shriven
    After trying off and on for several hours, I was finally able to load my main char. Previous to this instance I was getting an infinite load screen (to the point of being disconnected due to inactivity) every time I tried to log in to this character (Yynari, high elf sorc, aldmeri dominion, NA XBOX ONE). As I said before, my last log off was from Elden Root in Grahtwood.

My other char was in reapers March and I was able to log into it and even enter my campaign in cyrodil. I just wasn't able to travel to grahtwood. If I have any more issues I'll post the extra info
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    yynari wrote: »
    After trying off and on for several hours, I was finally able to load my main char. Previous to this instance I was getting an infinite load screen (to the point of being disconnected due to inactivity) every time I tried to log in to this character (Yynari, high elf sorc, aldmeri dominion, NA XBOX ONE). As I said before, my last log off was from Elden Root in Grahtwood.

My other char was in reapers March and I was able to log into it and even enter my campaign in cyrodil. I just wasn't able to travel to grahtwood. If I have any more issues I'll post the extra info

Okay, thank you! If you need us to investigate a character that you can't log into, just post your Gamertag and character name.

Got your info down, @Mcgelie1 and @xKill3rxKingx.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭
    GT: Caff32

Off the top of my head, I can't remember which characters are where, but I believe the ones that won't load are in Grahtwood and Auridon. I also cannot port into the Harborage or Betnikh on AD characters.

VR 5 - Ser Sturm Brightblade - AD - ?
    VR 3 - Krampus Kringle - AD - ?
    LV 3 - Nikita Fatale - AD - Vulkhel Guard
    LV 3 - Brother Caff - AD - Vulkhel Guard
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Caff32 wrote: »
    GT: Caff32

Off the top of my head, I can't remember which characters are where, but I believe the ones that won't load are in Grahtwood and Auridon. I also cannot port into the Harborage or Betnikh on AD characters.

VR 5 - Ser Sturm Brightblade - AD - ?
    VR 3 - Krampus Kringle - AD - ?
    LV 3 - Nikita Fatale - AD - Vulkhel Guard
    LV 3 - Brother Caff - AD - Vulkhel Guard

Got you down @Caff32, thank you.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • wellendaoud
    GT: Wellen Daoud
    Name: Babagannoush
    Char: v16 Templar
    Alliance: Aldmeri Dominion (NA)
    Zone: Grahtwood
  • Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would also note that my guildmate (GT: Tallowby) couldn't log into any AD characters in Betnikh (which was all of his AD characters).
  • RedneckProphet
    GT: Redneckprophet3
    Toon: Tanion
    XBox NA server
    Doesn't matter where I start from, I can not load into Vulkel Guard Wayshrine.
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reposting from the other thread, as requested:

Gamertag: SolarCat02
    Service: Xbox NA

Character Name: Elissandra Ravenwing
    Alliance: Aldmeri Dominian
    Location: She was in Grahtwood (Elden Root, at the blacksmithing station) when I got kicked to the character selection screen, but the login screen says she is in Wayrest Sewers. I am really hoping it did not revert my character again... I get kicked for inactivity when attempting to log in as her.

Character: Khajjan-ko
    Notes: I loaded in as her briefly (after a ten minute loading screen) to do horse training earlier yesterday afternoon, and have not been able to load her since Elli crashed except once, after about ten minutes on the loading screen.

Character Name: Lady Kalila
    Location: I parked her in Auridon's Vulkyl Guard I believe. She is playable.
    Notes: I can login as her after several tries, but any loading screens to switch zones are long and frequently fail, even when loading into low occupancy locations such as four-man group dungeons.

My EP and DC characters (one of each) work just fine, but I am having issues with all three of my AD characters. So I guess ZoS has decided to do a secret nerf to AD? :p

In all seriousness, this is really frustrating, Elli times out every time I try to log in as her, and I am really hoping this is fixed ASAP because the game really is unplayable as-is.

One of my guild mates is having this issue with his brand new character, as well.
    Gamertag: OG CHURCH
    Character: I look good in Orange
    (or something along those lines)
    He was also hit with the disappearing ESO+ bug. (I was not).

He is not the only one in the guild with this issue. Unfortunately, I don't know the character names of the others.
    Edited by SolarCat02 on May 25, 2016 1:44PM
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    I would also note that my guildmate (GT: Tallowby) couldn't log into any AD characters in Betnikh (which was all of his AD characters).

Are you able to provide any of Tallowby's impacted character names?
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • neo7185
    neo7185
    ✭✭✭
    On the xbox NA server.

GT: neo7185
    All 3 affected characters are in Elden Root of Grahtwood
    Negon - V16 DK
    Jethron (Think spelling is right, at work right now) - V16 Sorc
    Ohpoobutton - V16 Templar

Other characters that were not in Grahtwood loaded fine.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gt: Lumenn
    Characters: Lumenn Sunblaze, Ulfuur, Daemyon, Sscorn.
    All in Auridon.
    North American Xbox server.
    Eso plus was missing and I created a ticket in game. Logged on just now and eso plus is back, and logged onto all my toons w/o the long loading time. I'm assuming it's corrected, but just in case I was EXTREMELY lucky(or my info could help narrow it down for the others) I'm reposting here.

Edited by Lumenn on May 25, 2016 1:40PM
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thanks, all. We've got details down for everyone who has responded in this thread up to this point.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • xKill3rxKingx
    xKill3rxKingx
    Soul Shriven
    It appears to be better now. Thank you, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom. I can access my character again with minimal load times.
  • vonScuzzman
    vonScuzzman
    ✭✭✭
    Experiencing long load time entering Tu'Whacca's Sanctum from Alik'r Desert in Vet Zone 9 with Aldmeri Dominion Character.

went on for about 10 minutes then got:
    Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection.

was in guild chat the entire time.
    XBox One NA
  • Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭

Are you able to provide any of Tallowby's impacted character names?

I know one is Tallowby and one I believe is Arden Sul (?). I'll tell him to drop a line in this thread.

I also had another character impacted who was in Auridon but I can't remember the name off the top of my head! lol
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    AD Toons:
    Betknith - VR16 -Tallowby
    Betknith - VR16 - Freya Bolt
    Imperial City Prison - VR16 - Arden Sul
    Gratwood - VR16 - Wacko Smacko

I also have two other low level DC toons under lv 5 that can't login in the starter city
    Edited by Tallowby on May 25, 2016 1:54PM
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
    Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
    Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
    Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
    Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
  • Domino44G
    Domino44G
    ✭✭
    Ok, I'll bite...

Gamer tag: Domino 44G
    Character: Elanindi Anduinar
    NA Megaserver
    Issue: Caldwells Silver AD character cannot travel to Bleakrock after 5-24 maintenance. Load Time extends to timing out.

Gamer tag: Domino 44G
    Character: Inga Hjundir
    NA Megaserver
    Issue: Caldwells Silver EP character cannot travel from Stros M'kai to Betnikh after 5-24 maintenance. Load Time extends to timing out.

Here's a little hint as to what might be causing the issue: the Xbox One NA Megaserver Maintenace might have something to do with it. I'd look into that. Faulty code? Failure to apply maintenance properly? The general "not taking the job seriously" sort of thing like, for example, the person who put up the banner at the top of the forum page last night stating that the issue was resolved when all he/she had to do was scroll down and see new threads popping up about the issue continuing to plague customers... Yeh, that.
  • The7thLettter
    The7thLettter
    ✭✭✭
    GTag: The7thLettter
    Xbox NA
    Character name: Sir Harry Pendelton V16 sorc
    Not sure what zone, maybe Grahtwood or Thornblade??
  • Hoked_on_ponix
    Hoked_on_ponix
    ✭✭✭
    Gamer tag: Hoked on Ponix
    I have multiple ad toons I can't log into. This isn't a select issue where you should get gt. In everyone of my guilds every person has a few characters they can't access. I don't think very many xb1 players have access to forums. This requires a big fix!
  • Seyer530
    Seyer530
    ✭✭
    GT: Seyer530
    Character: Seyer
    Character: Seyer the Apostle
    Character: Aelden
    Character: Because Mule
    Character: Lady Glory
    Character: Ghunner

And yes, they're all XB1 NA server. Absolutely a pain to not have access to any of them all day.
  • DINKYD92
    DINKYD92
    hi i am indeed on the XB1 NA megaserver, Aldmeri Dominion, Shou' Khan kajiit nightblade GT DINKY D92
    Edited by DINKYD92 on May 25, 2016 2:12PM
  • woody5791
    woody5791
    Soul Shriven
    GT: w00dy420 (all zeros)
    char name: woodro
    Xbox one NA server
    GT: w00dy420

• CP 850+
    • lvl 50 Khajiit Stamblade (stormproof)
    • lvl 50 Dunmer Magblade (stormproof)
    • lvl 50 Redguard Stamsorc (stormproof)
    • lvl 50 Redguard Stamplar (stormproof)
    • lvl 50 Highelf Magplar
    • lvl 50 Highelf Sorc (stormproof)
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Experiencing long load time entering Tu'Whacca's Sanctum from Alik'r Desert in Vet Zone 9 with Aldmeri Dominion Character.

went on for about 10 minutes then got:
    Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection.

was in guild chat the entire time.

Character name and Gamertag, please? :)
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • kingbolo1987
    kingbolo1987
    Soul Shriven
    I haven't been able to log in since maintenance was complete on one character, my VR16. Very VERY annoyed and upset as I run a large guild.

GT - Kingbolo1987
    Character name - Keshjhera
    Location - Stros M'Kai
    Indeed in NA server.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thank you all. We've got everyone down who has posted details up to this point.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • bigmontecarlo
    bigmontecarlo
    Soul Shriven
    Gt is bigmontecarlo
    Character name is shaderach
    Location Betnikh
    NA server
    Edited by bigmontecarlo on May 25, 2016 2:44PM
  • kingbolo1987
    kingbolo1987
    Soul Shriven
    A friend of mine has another issue, she's been trying to sign in on this website to post issues but it's saying she doesn't have an ESO account whatsoever.

Really unusual as she is playing right in front of me as I write this.
    She's also had some character load issues as well.
    Her GT - Antiisocialaimz
    Character name - Iirelae
    Location - Vukhel Guard (?)
    Also on NA server.
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kingbolo1987 You actually need a special code to create a forum account, or else an admin needs to set up an account. If your friend submits a support ticket asking for a forum account (and includes her top three choices for a forum handle), they should be able to set one up for her!
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS