The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v2.4.3

• Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    this is it, this is the patch, the one that makes me become the thing i hate, that guy sitting, wringing his hands, popcorn in his lap, ready to watch the world burn.

please insert long string of expletives here

More calm than me I lit the popcorn on fire cancelled my sub and ran outta character deletes... thank god all the deletes I had were sorcs cuz its obvious zos hates us.
  • GriM_728
    GriM_728
    ✭✭✭
    I looked forward to this next patch, was looking forward to seeing what you guys would do for stam sorcs. Hoped for a stam morph of crystal frags for starters...well time to walk away from the stam Sorc and work on a stam dk.
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crystal Blast is still broken becaise it doesnt do anything for me and to my enemies... Plz Fix it zos :/
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Zakor
    Zakor
    ✭✭✭
    Wow....just wow...we got 11 pages of kinda great dk feedback now since 2.4 and you changed:
    1. visuals

Points that could and need to be addressed:
    • Obsidian Shard (Heal morph of stonefist)
    • Obsidian Shield (or at least igneous shard, huge punch in the face for healers...with a chair or something)
    • Dragonblood
    • Whip
    • Idle time of Inferno
    • Molten Weapons

Are you even reading the (sometimes really great) ideas over there? Because it doesn't seem like you do!
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Can you please confirm that this feedback has been read and discussed(!!!) internally? And with "this feedback" i mean any other suggestion than changing these visuals....
  • LorDrek
    LorDrek
    ✭✭✭
    luxfreak wrote: »
    Mysteri0n wrote: »
    Stamina users finally get a decent shield and they revert it back, they should make it where all shields are scaled to your health.
    Stamina users finally get a decent shield and they revert it back, they should make it where all shields are scaled to your health.

Well, stam users still can dodge way more then magika user.
    So havin a stam scaling shield+ 10 role dodges seems a bit op

Magicka still spam bilion shields.
    Edited by LorDrek on May 16, 2016 3:58PM
    Imperial DK stamDPS, Nord DK magTANK
    YDoA CZ/SK Guild
    @LorDrek
  • zerosingularity
    zerosingularity
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only real issue I take stock with is reverting Bone Shield back to HP scaling. Now it will be back to being under-utilized. It was nice in PvE, stam users could slot a shield for those few instances where dodging is not possible. Kinda bummed about that. Tanks won't use it in PvE, cause stamina issues, battle spirit makes it super small in PvP, so why would we use it?

Still no word on item sets from the old days of not long ago being fixed. Several crafted sets need buffs, same with Maelstrom 1-hander.
    NA-PC

Kaineth - Stamina Nightblade (Weakest Player Ever!)
    Elena Stormwood - Magicka Sorcerer (vMA no Death 12/21/15 Score 401148)
    Sheila Feyrondas - Magicka Dragonknight Tank (Frost staves are gonna be fun!)

*Disclaimer* I fail at emotional communication, so assume what I say is NOT meant to be offensive.
  • flguy147ub17_ESO
    flguy147ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No buffs for Magicka DKs for PVP? We still have a wet noodle for burst damage, taking away Dawnbreaker really hurt us, our whip needs a damage buff. Also no changes still to Dragonblood. We have been asking for these changes for months.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lathbury wrote: »
    Jaronking wrote: »
    Valrien wrote: »

Because when scaling with Mighty, it was doing way too much damage for being that cheap and getting a guaranteed CC effect, not to mention also increasing all damage done for a few seconds after the fact.

it wasnt doing way ott damage on its own. only when used with ambush this nerf isnt just the stam morph either its for the magicka one as well that has been scaling with magic since ever. The reason nobody complained about the magicka one is because lotus fan doesnt empower so it wasnt possible to do a 3 hit kill.
    You can Empower it with just about any Mages guild ability.

yes you can but that isnt the same burst from steath we were seing with the stam morph. because you would have to use something from the mages line which would mean lotus fan from steath/then weak mages skill/then soul harvest/then concealed weapon. compared to ambush from steath/empowered in cap strike/either execute or concealed weapon while stunned.
    Doing one extra ability like magelight before you use your ultimate isn't that big of a deal and just one extra step to get the same result and still hit harder on a magblade.Its pretty much the same thing for stamblade its Ambush fear incap execute, Magblade Lotus fan Magelight fear Soul harvest execute. Still a dead enemy not to mentioned that Magblade would have proxy going no need for a execute.
  • Ajax_22
    Ajax_22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Assassination
    Death Stroke: Reduced the damage of this ability and its morphs by 4.5%
    Teleport Strike: Reduced the damage of this ability and its morphs by 6.5%.
    100% Glad to see tweaks like this. This is the kind of balance we need in this game. Anyone who harps at this change is ignorant to balance. The abilities were slightly over-tuned and these changes prove that. They are still very capable ability's and i for one will still be using them.

Good work.

Even though a majority of the patch notes are so bad it's funny. I have to agree with this. Not necessarily a nerf to these skills, but the numbers used. We should be seeing small tweaks like this at least every three weeks on live. If ZOS did that then maybe balance wouldn't be so off right now.
    Edited by Ajax_22 on May 16, 2016 4:00PM
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated the visual effects for this morph based on your feedback.
    It's funny 'cuz we've been giving you feedback on the ww berserker's skin for months if not years and you guys have done nothing about it.

• Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm almost in tears
    but i'll hold in till live
    Edited by Nifty2g on May 16, 2016 4:01PM
    #MOREORBS
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because when scaling with Mighty, it was doing way too much damage for being that cheap and getting a guaranteed CC effect, not to mention also increasing all damage done for a few seconds after the fact.

it wasnt doing way ott damage on its own. only when used with ambush this nerf isnt just the stam morph either its for the magicka one as well that has been scaling with magic since ever. The reason nobody complained about the magicka one is because lotus fan doesnt empower so it wasnt possible to do a 3 hit kill.

yes you can but that isnt the same burst from steath we were seing with the stam morph. because you would have to use something from the mages line which would mean lotus fan from steath/then weak mages skill/then soul harvest/then concealed weapon. compared to ambush from steath/empowered in cap strike/either execute or concealed weapon while stunned.
    Doing one extra ability like magelight before you use your ultimate isn't that big of a deal and just one extra step to get the same result and still hit harder on a magblade.Its pretty much the same thing for stamblade its Ambush fear incap execute, Magblade Lotus fan Magelight fear Soul harvest execute. Still a dead enemy not to mentioned that Magblade would have proxy going no need for a execute.

magblade has lower burst and the extra skils required gives time to shield or heal. also why would a stamblade even use fear after ambush the stun grants cc immunity? This just means every stam build will be running dbos and folks will still get burst down because the empower is to strong.
  • Archmage1
    Archmage1
    ✭✭✭
    You have to be kidding. Why doesn't ZOS look at our feedback for Sorcs? Now more nerfs to Surge?

Sorcs are the weakeset DPS class, have no real abilities as we are tied to staves, no heal now with more Surge nerfs, shields are horrible, and no additional DPS buffs.

C'MON ZOS, please help out us Sorcs and stop nerfing the only skills that make Sorc Srocs...
  • GRYM.LOCKE
    GRYM.LOCKE
    ✭✭✭
    So After a Week of Debates and all the other feedback

1: No werewolf updates
    2: No major Sorcerer updates 10 seconds....... wow..... be still my beating heart (Move back to 20 for PVE)
    3: No new Vampire Skills...... Waste of 1500 Crowns
    4: Bug fixes non existent again?

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE O GOD DO NOT RELEASE THIS AT THE END OF MAY YOU NEED TWO MORE MONTHS BEFORE THIS IS ANY WHERE NEAR READY

• GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    • Drain Magicka Poisons and Damage Magicka Poisons now increase the resource cost of Magicka abilities by 60%, up from 30%.
    • Drain Stamina Poisons and Damage Stamina Poisons now increase the resource cost of Stamina abilities by 60%, up from 30%.

This can't be serious, common....
    [*]Drain Magicka Poisons and Damage Magicka Poisons now increase the resource cost of Magicka abilities by 60%, up from 30%.
    [*]Drain Stamina Poisons and Damage Stamina Poisons now increase the resource cost of Stamina abilities by 60%, up from 30%.

Why ZOS, why? :(

You guys... common...Zos has a vision here and i think it's great. Poisons are an expensive system to boot. You also need to remember that when poisons with multiple effects are used, they become diluted but also if anyone else uses a different poison on you, it will further dilute the current status effects.

Purge has become even more necessary to run once poisons come out. The only real thing this harm's is dueling but you could always ban poisons from duels if you don't want to deal with effects like the ones you 2 have mentioned.

This makes those 10 minute fights a lot shorter. Consider the fact in cp campaigns how resource management on some builds is not an issue, i think this is a great quality of life change. Poisons offer many new buff's some classes could not receive, this means more build diversity. There is also some nice new debuff's, the new detect debuff will prevent cloaking for 10 seconds and it's a poison proc... that's very cool.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on May 16, 2016 4:15PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you equip Cadwell’s Helm of Heroism, the hair displayed underneath will be representative of your currently selected length and color.

Nice change.

I would appreciate it more if it didn't come with changes that destroyed my main class (alright, I'm being dramatic, I am actually just a little upset). Oh well. In times like this, I am glad I leveled a stamina and a magicka version of each class.
    Edited by Abeille on May 16, 2016 4:11PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno. On behalf of all templars, we are now worried about thaumaturge not correctly working on jabs/sweeps.

Is there still time left for this to be implemented and tested before live?
    They said it's going to be fixed for Live, well, hopefully
    I get sadder and sadder each PTS update it isn't included in and am not looking forward for it for live. Worries me.
    #MOREORBS
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Magic has heals in every single class and a whole skill line for healing you can only roll so much not all stamina builds are Red Guard, Bosmer and Imperials with Max Stamina, Stamina recovery or both. Not everyone can roll 10 times in a fight when We use stamina to fight and heal and take a double hit for blocking (No stamina recovery and stamina loss on impact).

A health and Stamina Morph would be fair.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaiden wrote: »
    CU is looking better and better and better

Check out Gloria Victis......
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lotus Fan has no stealth buff it's AoE prevents the bonus from stealth or Cloak. So Mage power Lotus then Prox Det then Concealed Weapon spam/Strife.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all that tank love, ZOS !

<s>
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

magblade has lower burst and the extra skils required gives time to shield or heal. also why would a stamblade even use fear after ambush the stun grants cc immunity? This just means every stam build will be running dbos and folks will still get burst down because the empower is to strong.
    You have to fear them first because any competent player will block or roll dodge your Incap strike.That's why most people who play NB say the guarantee stun is useless since you can dodge it.Even with fear if your fighting a stam build with shuffle they can still dodge the ultimate.Agreed but a Class Ultimate should still be viable which with the Nerf its no longer the class DBOS completely overshadows it.If their nerf Death stroke a single target non channel ultimate they should Nerf all ultimate the same amount.
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much for werewolf. Oh well, I guess I'll have wait until next update to be disappointed again.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder what ZOS employees call the after-patch-vitriol time period where everyone freaks the f out? They have to have a name for it.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Costismaros
    Costismaros
    ✭✭✭

Well magicka users have shields, drain life, healing stuff, class heals but stamina user have dodge. I hope they will make dodge infinity dodge just cause.
  • tennant94
    tennant94
    ✭✭✭
    Buff crit surge I don't even need to go on the pts to know it will be bad. Sorcerer has no major mending and now crappy crit surge. Jeez Louise you guys buffed stam dks who are already ripping the field to shreds, and stam nbs. 1.5k heals every second isn't right especially since you need to risk damaging an opponent to get the heal there is very minimal reward for risk here. Dks can just stomp out igneous hit rally and vigor heal to full same with stamplars. Stam blades cloak. rally and vigor whilst been invisible and potentially invulnerable. What is the sorcerer supposed to do streak away to apply vigor and rally for example. Well no because that's only greeted with crit Rush crit Rush crit Rush or ambush spam spam spam completely negating the heal and leaving you needing to streak or los again. It really needs a juicy buff.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I quit. Patch after patch. Trash after trash.

@Wild_squirtle can I have your stuff? (of you're PC EU)

Some interesting updates, nothing that really makes me rage or cheer.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 60 percent additional resource cost from poisons will kill what little is left of small scale. Sad. Because this was not necessary.
    Edited by RoamingRiverElk on May 16, 2016 4:32PM
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • Chillic
    Chillic
    ✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    • Drain Magicka Poisons and Damage Magicka Poisons now increase the resource cost of Magicka abilities by 60%, up from 30%.
    • Drain Stamina Poisons and Damage Stamina Poisons now increase the resource cost of Stamina abilities by 60%, up from 30%.

This can't be serious, common....

Funny but as soon as they said anything about crafting poisons, I though, "They are gonna figure out how to *** PVP up even more". They are having issues calculating information sooooo, make more calculations?
  • Roymachine
    Roymachine
    ✭✭✭
    dagonbeer wrote: »
    [*]Surge: This ability and its morphs will now critically heal based on your Weapon Critical or Spell Critical, whichever is higher. We also fixed an issue where the heal from this ability and its morphs was not being reduced by Battle Spirit.

That 1k heal per crit per second is going to be fantastic in PvP! If I take no damage, I'll have healed 6k by the time my ward wears off!

1.5k boosted by CPs and can crit. At least be fair if you're going to spout nonsense.