The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v2.4.0

• Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zakor wrote: »
    Obsidian Shield: Reduced the duration of this ability and its morphs to 6 seconds from 20 seconds.

Why, just why? I can understand this change for the fragmented shield but what about the healer morph? It's kinda useless now:
    close to no range, rebuff all 6 seconds (since you need the healing buff), high costs, low shield...

At least let Igneous Shield finally scale from max magicka instead of health. Damn, so disappointed...Dk-Heals were finally nice to play and now this.

The Major Mending from Igneous Shield only lasted 7 seconds already, not the shields full 20. It is unclear in these notes whether the Major Mending will be 6 now or if it will stay at 7 seconds.
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beruge wrote: »
    What is concidered items for the crafting bags? All sorts of runes? provisinoring items? tempers? raw materials? refined materials? trait gems?

If it is under the materials tab in your normal bag, presumably it will go in the crafting bag.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would have loved to see:

"Changed Sanctum Ophidia's Mantikora fight to be more predictable and less reliant on RNG in its mechanics."
    Having the portal to the Serpent's image spawn in a set location and a decrease in the beserk timer of the Mantikora, would make this fight a lot more enjoyable.

"Fixed the Rangers in Dragonstar Arena's 6th stage to once again have a visual effect."
    Not having an effect on this stage's main mechanic is quite silly, especially considering how it suddenly disappeared when the Orsinium DLC released.

"Reduced the cost of Inner Fire to make its cost equal to that of Puncture."
    I still don't understand why the cost of this taunt was increased by 2.5x back in Update 6, it's still something I don't really understand.

Sidenote:

Quite a lot of really good changes, can't wait to get on the PTS to test it all out.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Yaada
    Yaada
    Soul Shriven

"White Gold Tower & Imperial City Prison
    We adjusted the difficulty in both Normal and Veteran versions, which will result in an overall reduction in difficulty for both versions."

Really - Why an overall reduction? Theres plenty of other dungeons that are easy.... have a wide spectrum from easy mode to pro mode. This binary way of thinking - on off challenge = normal / vet challenge is just elementary / novice, and now you guys dumbed it down in further.

When these two dungeons were first released, it was extremely challenging..... and now that its been awhile with people learning the dungeon, obtaining better or improved gear, along with players practicing and spending more time in there, the dungeons still remain fun with a challenge.

Now you're just making it boring, no challenge... As much as I know those two dungeons, I still have fun in there because I can still die if Im not on my "A" game.

Overall reduction in difficulty is just going to let me faceroll my keyboard or complete the dungeon in my sleep.

Please don't do this.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was super excited when I made a new character in the AD. I saw my FPS was at 95. YES they fixed the fps issue....then I moved. :( If I move around any at all I get 20 FPS. Sad I am...
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oehh this is bad, sooo sooo bad..

I have no words for this, I had some hope for this game but that went right out the window when I read these patch notes.

Im feel sorry for anyone who leveled a sorc, just remove this broken class already because it doesnt add anything to the game. Their dps is based on charging an ultimate for 5 minutes, their defense works 6 seconds and their support is an expensive ultimate or a root. If you want to cast a shield during prime time in pvp it will literally run out before you can switch back to your shield bar haha.

Dont even get me started on PVP, why would you make these mindless 50+ man zergs even more invincible?
    Oh great, more snares and stuns. That sure sounds like fun! Everyone loves it when his/her character moves at the speed of a crippled snale.

RIP pvp, it was sometimes fun while it lasted..
    Edited by Septimus_Magna on April 25, 2016 10:33PM
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Kattemynte
    Kattemynte
    ✭✭✭
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »
    bitaken wrote: »
    Well, I don't see anything about lowering the magicka cost of Hardened Ward.

While I am not happy about this change - I think you should reconsider going to 10 seconds and halving the magicka cost of the shield. Do you guys not want people on the Non CP campaign?

Agreed, if we are expected to maintain the ward so frequently there should be a drastic cost reduction.

Once again I see Sorcs complaining about a nerf in what I feel was a too powerful skill in the first place. Though, here I am as a Templar Tank laughing hard that now all the shields are at our level of only 6s!
  • swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aiphaton wrote: »
    Its not Dk anymore its Poisonknight?

Well ...

Poison dragons....flame dragons....etc....still a dragonknight
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deltia wrote: »
    what what

You broke him. :D
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    After I logged into a character affected by the skill changes, the message of my skill point reset vanished before I was able to read it. @ZOS_GinaBruno I think the delay needs to be a couple seconds longer.
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Potency runestones no longer need to be harvested, with every tier of both polarities now available for purchase from any enchanting vendor, including Alliance Point enchanting vendors.

Does this mean you CAN'T harvest them anymore? Or just that they are now available for sale?

They cannot be harvested anymore; all Enchanting runestones now give Aspect and Essence. You can still get them by deconstructing glyphs, though, but the main way is to just buy what you need from a vendor.

@ZOS_GinaBruno I do not like this. I don't like having to go pay those that much for something that was considerably cheaper and farmable prior to this. I figure that you have plans for "crown runestones" that can be anything people want, right? Otherwise, I am trying to figure out what problem this solves.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vâo wrote: »
    I am so disppointed, too many nerfs in this patchnotes. :(

Grrrr it natch potes...
  • willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bone shield scales off stam....oh dear. But dodge still exists. Sounds painful. Though guess magicka annulment is for all now too so we shall see.
    Though stam DK using poison looking forward to trying it. Gonna be some great dungeon Dps I expect. But bosmar may be a bit of a pain.
    PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
    Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
    Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
  • Averya_Teira
    Averya_Teira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hagebutte wrote: »
    Focused Healing:

Renamed this passive ability to Sacred Ground.
    This passive ability has gained a new effect. In addition to providing the Minor Mending buff, it now also reduces the Movement Speed of enemies by 15/30% whenever they stand in your Cleansing Ritual, Rune Focus, or Rite of Passage area of effects.

So the Major Mending buff is changed into Minor? That's kinda disappointing...

Yeah, not sure if it's a typo. If it isn't, it sucks real bad.
  • Averya_Teira
    Averya_Teira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazic wrote: »
    Why are DK abilities being changed from fire to poison damage?

I think it's not written, but the poison/disease morphes are stamina based now ? That's what I assumed.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Of course Wrecking blow spammers and Shield stackers are crying but you guys needed to get out of your bad habits.. Disappointed about potency rune changes but hopefully there is an increase to getting Kuta since it seems rarer than normal after the last lot of updates
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Once again I see Sorcs complaining about a nerf in what I feel was a too powerful skill in the first place. Though, here I am as a Templar Tank laughing hard that now all the shields are at our level of only 6s!

It is kinda fun to see, isn't it? Imagine if other classes had had exactly the same buggy, broken, overcosted, short-lasting skills that Templars have had to deal with since launch.

Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good!! Good!!!
    Not a bad patch! I would say its balanced though the evil hunter skill( can reveal hidden enemies) is a bit much for NB, since stamina can use calotrops also.

Vampire changes will be good for a Magicka NB ( since templars are going to be called as the snareplars) and Now there is a reason for being in stage 4 vampire.

Now combat aside !!!

I really like this one a lot and Thank you for adding this personality and multiple costume functionality. Finally its now a MMO game.
    Please add more sexy costume :p , especially for females (more nudity clothes ) <3
    Edited by Van_0S on April 25, 2016 10:47PM
  • Zakor
    Zakor
    ✭✭✭
    Zakor wrote: »
    Obsidian Shield: Reduced the duration of this ability and its morphs to 6 seconds from 20 seconds.

Why, just why? I can understand this change for the fragmented shield but what about the healer morph? It's kinda useless now:
    close to no range, rebuff all 6 seconds (since you need the healing buff), high costs, low shield...

At least let Igneous Shield finally scale from max magicka instead of health. Damn, so disappointed...Dk-Heals were finally nice to play and now this.

The Major Mending from Igneous Shield only lasted 7 seconds already, not the shields full 20. It is unclear in these notes whether the Major Mending will be 6 now or if it will stay at 7 seconds.

I know, but before you were able to...well.. shield the group and protect them from damage for a while (which was a joke anyway in cause of the pretty low values on a mag user). Make the ability scale with my magicka and put its duration back to at least 10 secs, better 15. It's the only real skill that you can use from the DK that will truly improve your healing and now they nerfed it to the ground :(
  • LegendaryArcher
    LegendaryArcher
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Veteran City of Ash
      • This dungeon will now be slightly less difficult to complete.

Wait, what? I easily solo this one on my Nightblade. Without Maelstrom weapons ofc. Why nerf it?
    Maelstrom Arena
    • Improved the rewards for Maelstrom Arena so now every level of the Arena is guaranteed to grant a set item.
      • Note: The only exception is the final Arena on Veteran mode, which may still drop a Maelstrom Weapon instead.

Are you kidding me? So the last chest after the 1 - 3h solo arena in an MMO will still drop well-shitted helmets instead of weapons 19 out of 20 runs? I'm done here... Whatever your logic is, this is not how you keep your customers happy and paying when there are better MMOs with capped RNG (token system) out there.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But, one thing I feel needs asking, wasn't there supposed to be an increase in Siphoning Attacks proc?
  • willklippsteinb14_ESO
    Cazic wrote: »
    So ... I understand stamina was not appealing in Cyrodiil in the last patch...

Now, they are getting the same defense mechanic that that Sorcerers had: a shield that blocks everything that scaled off their main attribute ... and will still have an effective 20% miss chance and be able to dodge efficiently?

I'll trade my viscous death set for that.

Overall I like a lot of what I am reading, but this is questionable and I better not *EVER* hear one more whine about Jesus Beam with all that defense.

What's this stam defense mechanic that scales to our main attribute that you speak of?

lol bone shield that scales off stamina, is the stam defence
  • wrathofrraath
    wrathofrraath
    ✭✭✭
    My question is @ZOS_GinaBruno if vet ranks are gone and say I scale vCoA at max level/cp cap will the item sets of that dungeon such as Sunderflame, Burning Spellweave, and Embershield finally drop at level 50, cp 160 ?
    Vokul Lovaas - V16 Magicka Dragonknight
    Vokul Vol - V16 Magicka Nightblade

Order of Mundus - NA DC

DK heals OP
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Holy *** shields got even better.. lol
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so many good changes!
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please keep attack speed on Decisive so I don't lose my main's star weapon trait :(
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • VagabondAngel
    VagabondAngel
    ✭✭✭✭
      The Champion Point cap will remain at 501 for this update.

*Yawn*

I'm not even a grinder and |'ve been at the cap for months. Trying to drive off even more veteran players? A crap rate of return for VR16 characters if you have more than 1 and the cap remaining the same. Yep, you've nailed it. Stagnation with no sign of progression in sight is super exciting!

Fixed the lag in PvP?

Nope, just more quests that I will gain nothing from! Yippee!
    ~ Níamh ~
    ~ Ebonheart Pact ~

~ SatGNU - PC - EU ~
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    x5ofspadez wrote: »
    RIP Magicka Sorc.
    What made them think that changing wards from 20 to 6 seconds was a good idea? anyone?

what? changing shield stacking has been one of the biggest forum issues for the games whole history. u been under a rock?
    its no easy thing to fix but seriously its about time they did something. good luck stacking 3 shields when they all last only 6 seconds lol
    well thats one way to stop it.
  • iiKiiNG522
    iiKiiNG522
    ✭✭
    Yall are some horrible gamers, this is literally ruining most of the economy and gameplay of this game. only you ZoS D-riders are enjoying this because you love anything they release.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You will now lose 50% of your Tel Var Stones for both a PvE or PvP death. Previously, you would lose 10% of your Stones for a PvE death, and 80% for a PvP death.
    What PVE player is going to want to go into IC now? You should have kept the 10% loss from NPCs and reduced the loss to 50% due to deaths from players. You have effectively killed this zone.

The Champion Point cap will remain at 501 for this update.
    Gee, this really makes me oh so want to play the end content... NOT... No point in playing new content when I can unsub and wait several months until a CP Cap raise that allows me to earn CP at a non-inflated rate. I don't mind not being able to spend over 501 CP, but I don't like having to waste hard XP earned earning them at an inflated gain amount (over 620k each) when I can just wait until the next increase.

Core mechanics (sprint, dodge, block, CC break) will now be slightly more expensive.
    These were expensive enough as it was. It actually needed a slight cost reduction, not to be made more expensive. Someone needs to pull their head out of their rear end!!

Armor Changes: I take you you made no changes to the Reinforced trait? Or did you Nerf it and not want to post it because of that?

Vampire Changes: Gee... thanks for making it so that there is absolutely no reason what so ever to be anything BUT Stage 4, which most players stay in any ways.. lol

I hope with the changes from Fire damage to Poison damage on DK morphs & NB morphs that you will be providing players with a free skill respec!! Many of us chose what we chose for a reason and to have a major change like that happen to the skills we selected it ruins our builds completely.

Far too many characters to list any more.