The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Patch Notes v2.4.0

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Aerem wrote: »
    So Magicka DK don't get any cheap ults now that Dawnbreaker is physical.... Leap is still physical, so I basically have standard as my "cheap" ult unless I go vamp. This is going to force Dk's to either go monster sustain low damage or go vamp.

Let's be honest; you're going to want to go vampire anyway just for the escape which magicka dks need

Or slot ulti regen traits, and get that standard to drop like candy.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poison making is not like I have expected it to be, but ... I have to say, I find the idea to have some random element in it and have it slotted quite interesting - it is convenient, even it is less reliable than poisons in the former TES games. But overall I like the idea of it and am curious, how often these poisons will trigger. If's a trade-off system, poison effects or weapon enchant effects. With an unreliable poison effect (because of randomness) this might be tricky to balance.

I wonder if set items still count as set pieces and will provide the set-bonus when a poison is used on a weapon, which is a set piece. i hope that the set-bonus is not effected by this.

Overall I like the passives of DB - sound useful for their purpose without to give too many advantages outside of guild tasks.

I like as well the changes to the IC - there is a purpose now to fight over territory and that is always a good thing. It makes me want to actually take part in this kind of pvp, I like that this adds some meaning to it and is a group effort. which actually benefits the alliance members in the IC in a whole. To make the IC more playable for solo players is a good move as well.

DB sounds overall to be fun, I can see myself finding a home in this guild - and i will have some more time to play, when it will be released, which is even better.

Crafting bag implementation sound really useful to me - couldn't have asked for more - hope it will work like intended. Now make character slots having a fair price and I will be a happy subscriber.

One thing which is unclear to me - this new "personality" with the DB DLC - it is said "if you buy the DLC" - what about ESO+ members, we don't buy it - are we excluded from it or are we expected to pay double for it?

Edit: and I just realized, that well-fitted was upgraded and not removed. Sturdy has finally a real use for me as well. I am not so sure, what I should think about "charged" - a charged bow increases healing?- I see no use in that - when I use the bow to snipe, I have no damage which would have to be healed. Pretty useless on a bow.

That exploration was removed is not getting into my head?- I thought, this game is about rewarding exploration and now this?
    Edited by Lysette on April 26, 2016 12:55AM
  • marvel_bound
    marvel_bound
    ✭✭
    I dnt agree with the nerf to sorc sheilds its to much havent we already been nerfed enough im happy with the negate change tho
    Edited by marvel_bound on April 26, 2016 1:50AM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite change, was the opening of synergy between templars and heavy armor. 5pc heavy can now add that extra boost to spell dmg, add additional resources when hit (no more vamp regen!), and really get into the middle of a fight.

All I need now is for performance enhancing to be at 90% efficacy, and I'll be resubbing.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eiagra wrote: »
    I'm missing something here... If the box is not used, it's Unbound. If the box is used, but you already have the collectible, it won't open and it remains Unbound. If you don't have the collectible, the box is Consumed. There is no possibility here for the Runebox to ever become Bound to Account.
    I assume it becomes bound if you open it but don't take the item from it.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Aerem
    Aerem
    ✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Aerem wrote: »
    So Magicka DK don't get any cheap ults now that Dawnbreaker is physical.... Leap is still physical, so I basically have standard as my "cheap" ult unless I go vamp. This is going to force Dk's to either go monster sustain low damage or go vamp.

Let's be honest; you're going to want to go vampire anyway just for the escape which magicka dks need

I don't run it now and I do just fine, I loved vamp but the DB smacks for 12k+ and silver shard/camo hunter 1 shots were not for me

#mDK Masterrace
    #NerfDragonblood
    #NerfmDK

Aerem Incendium l mDK
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So now their is even less reason to be a vampire now? someone needs to be replaced, and now their is even less reason to feed, sure I will not have a weakness to fire but I already had that seeing as I have 100 CP in elemental resist so what point is there?

Also did zenimax consider the interference of the Blade of Woe ability when a vampire is trying to feed? ZoS should know, most people only become vampires for the dark stalker passive and now we cant use it unless we are at stage 4 which is even weaker now then it was before.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on April 26, 2016 12:36AM
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »
    Why Get Rid of the Exploration Trait? While behind the scenes, you may have simply renamed it,what you've actually gone and done there is created a new trait, and removed an old one. Why not just leave the old one?

I quite liked exploration - exploring is my favourite part of ESO, and getting an XP boost was good for me when I was levelling to Lvl50.

Also... Six second wards? Why not just remove them completely?

Actually a better fi than removing them as it balances them with Healing ward. In regards to sorc ward, it makes them focus on defenses more often or more in stats. A far as heavy damage stuff like vMSA, you are casting it constantly already. So little change.
  • Magpulz
    Magpulz
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for destroying my main character and my whole build
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magpulz wrote: »

Welcome to every major update ever. :D Flexibility is necessary.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Rilmarshim
    Rilmarshim
    ✭✭✭
    Instead nerfing proximity detonation wny not to nerf ridiculously overpowered (and bugged) Vicious Death set and don't let it proc by AoE abilities. Unless killing group of 10 people with one kamikaze-magblade in VD-set was not intended.
    Edited by Rilmarshim on April 26, 2016 12:40AM
  • Bofrari
    Bofrari
    ✭✭✭
    Theshebz wrote: »
    Really? Ward nerf from 20 seconds to 6? Nerf down to 10 would have been 50% but then you go all the way go 6 seconds?!?! Yea well it looks like its time to cancel my eso+ and game shopping. Thanks for competely ruining a class.

Yeah dude whatever idiot came up with these changes are completely stupid I'm done too.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JDC1985 wrote: »
    Really? Ward nerf from 20 seconds to 6? Nerf down to 10 would have been 50% but then you go all the way go 6 seconds?!?! Yea well it looks like its time to cancel my eso+ and game shopping. Thanks for competely ruining a class.

Yeah dude whatever idiot came up with these changes are completely stupid I'm done too.

Wards were brought inline with the duration of healing ward. I feel like you are a mag sorc that just got his AFK shielding nerfed lol
  • Aerem
    Aerem
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka DK needs to have a magicka leap. They NEED a magicka cheap ultimate. Keep Take Flight as Physical, but make the other morph doe magicka damage. Please ZOS.

#mDK Masterrace
    #NerfDragonblood
    #NerfmDK

Aerem Incendium l mDK
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    OMG! Thank you ZoS! Those Vampire changes are absolutely fantastic, I bloody well love you! I feared the worst, yet it came out good! These changes are amazing, please, please do not change them again!

I love the fact that they're now more in-line with TES vampires, as they become stronger by the longer they go without feeding, but in return, gets more weaknesses, it fits perfectly, and the big stage timer change to a whole 6 hours is fantastic for all roleplayers, and all those that wish to remain in the lesser stages of vampirism.

I applaud you ZoS, as a vampire fanboy in Elder Scrolls THANK YOU!<3
    What the hell are you on about? take another look as the vampire, they are just as weak now when starved as they were before and that never made sense anyway for one the VL in Skyrim became stronger by Feeding not the other way around and now there is no reason to feed at all (we are already use to the fire weakness, which having it different on each stage doesn't make sense either as Vampires reason to being weak to fire is because they are dead not because they are vampires) and now there is no reason to feed at all more so considering that all you need to do is use mist form 12 times to go up a stage which means you can't stay in stage 1 if you want to fight as a vampire.

Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on April 26, 2016 12:52AM
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously what reason is there to feed now? because my fire weakness goes down? if I wanted no fire weakness I would of stayed mortal so what reason is there? ZoS you screwed up again.

Dark Stalker should be changed back to the way it was
    Undeath should be changed back to the way it was
    Supernatural Recovery should function at all stages or even just stage 1, at least that would give us a reason to feed now as I said before there is even less reason to feed.

The only good change is you fixed Mistform but other then that you nerfed them again.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on April 26, 2016 1:00AM
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    Magpulz wrote: »

Welcome to every major update ever. :D Flexibility is necessary.

Yeah, really.

If you haven't gotten used to the idea that w/ever major revision there will be change well then you're probably more comfortable sending letters through the postal system than texts from your phone.

My two mains are majorly affected by this and instead of taking this as a nerf, I take it as a reason to try out new combinations of attacks or weapons/armor.

Change is what it's all about. Besides after only THREE hours since release there are people saying that they're quitting etc.?
    Kinda drastic isn't it?
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not quite sure why they are giving every class and every build access to damage shields, to my knowledge it was a sorcerers unique defense in the same way that a NB has cloak, a DK has wings, and a Templar has BoL.

I'm not against the 6 second change I can understand that to an extent. But seriously all these shields stacked with their unique class defense will be annoying to deal with.

Not to mention stamina classes will now be able to cast their damage shields, on top of their heavy DoT heals, coupled with a 20% Dodge chance, and near infinite Dodge roll capabilities with the new well fitted. Is anyone else absolutely terrified of that combination? And then a DK can throw up his wings on top of that, a NB can cloak and come back with full health and a damage shield. I mean I have a Stam DK so it's whatever but damn, how the hell do you burst that combination down in a 1v1?

New Vampire changes make me happy to be a Vampire.

New trait changes for armor and weapons are awesome.

It makes me sad that the only way to get a nirnhorned inferno staff is through the leaderboards for vMA, which even though a make every week... I know my chances are what 1 in 1000? I've never been that lucky to begin with so my hopes aren't high.

All in all I guess we'll see, I'm just concerned about giving stamina builds a damage shield on top of all their defenses already.
  • Bofrari
    Bofrari
    ✭✭✭
    JDC1985 wrote: »

Wards were brought inline with the duration of healing ward. I feel like you are a mag sorc that just got his AFK shielding nerfed lol

That shows what you know I don't even have a sorc I have a templar dk and nb 6 sec shields are useless.
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorc shield is still on top of all re-castable absorb shields, just because each re-casting can proc Crystal Frag! Every skilled sorc knows how to combine shield-stacking + crystal frag procs in PvP battles, add some ports left and right (not streak^^) and this will work like a charm (still easy mode). You will have a little bit less dps but still mostly instant skills, no casted/channelled spells and very high mobility, while having best-def possible + max dmg output, all out of magicka/spell dmg.

My sorc sees no problems :)
    Edited by Francescolg on April 26, 2016 1:16AM
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    .Sorc shield is still on top of all re-castable absorb shield skills, just because each re-casting can proc crystal Frag! Every skilled sorc knows how to combine shield-stacking + crystal frag procs, some ports left and right (not streak^^) and this will work like a charm. You will have a little bit less dps but still all instant skills, no casted spell and very high mobility.

See? A sorc that understands their class :)
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Stalker: This passive ability now only functions when you are in Vampire Stage 4.

@ZOS_GinaBruno is there any explanation as to why that was done? I don't recall anyone ever asking for that kind of change. One of the coolest things about being a vampire was the stealth speed, and now it's only active at one stage.

I do appreciate not having to slot an ability for the regeneration, that was a good change, but I'm not convinced doing this to the stealth speed is a good idea. Kind of takes a bit of the fun away.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc shield is still on top of all re-castable absorb shields, just because each re-casting can proc Crystal Frag! Every skilled sorc knows how to combine shield-stacking + crystal frag procs in PvP battles, add some ports left and right (not streak^^) and this will work like a charm (still easy mode). You will have a little bit less dps but still mostly instant skills, no casted/channelled spells and very high mobility, while having best-def possible + max dmg output, all out of magicka/spell dmg.

My pet build sorc does. That entire tree is garbage now. PvP proxy will hit for 125% extra damage. And they cant be shielded as often, because it still costs so much. Right as it stands I know people want to jump on sorcs and laugh. But an entire build really got hammered to the ground here. Then giving every class the same shield as us (shield stacking is not an option)

The only sorc left is the OL Frag sorc. That is it really. That I guess is fine for some, but all of our class diversity got wiped. But whatever, if these changes stick along with the HORRIBLE new VR replacer which is just VR16 - CP160. I will still play but I have no trust that they know what they are doing. I will just slowly go away from this mess and bring as much of my friends as I can with me.....
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Were there any changes to stamina resource management? I don't see anything jumping out at me, which is odd because stamina resource management has been a problem for a while, especially for stamina Templars. I was hoping for a change to Radiant Aura or maybe adding stamina ticks to Rune Focus or making Blood Altar return stamina (this was actually mentioned by a dev once) or ... well ... anything!
  • KrishakPanettier
    KrishakPanettier
    ✭✭✭
    Don't make it easier to level up and unlock skills like the last update. It takes away the feeling of accomplishment For a casual weekend player such as myself.
    Krishak Kringle aka KrishakPanettier, Templar (PSN:KrishakPanettier)
    -- PS4 NA --

PVP, PVE, and Trader Guild Leader
    Guild:
    - Rent-A-Zerg Mercs AD (one-time large AD PVP Guild - now PVP, PVE, dungeons, trials, and crafting)
    - Shadow Exiles AD (merged into RAZ AD)
    - Recruiting all levels, for help all in-game content. Not just PVP anymore. Not just AD.

Online:
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/RAZ.AD
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/ShadowExiles
    - Twitter: @ShadowExiles
    - www: www.shadowexiles.com
  • marvel_bound
    marvel_bound
    ✭✭
    Thank you so much for making the undaunted blood fountain skill useful i will always have it on my bar now
  • Mr.Hmm
    Mr.Hmm
    ✭✭✭✭
    These Patch notes are Beautiful.
    If I die tomorrow I do not want to think of the game I could of played today, therefor I will play whatever I want today while securing a future to play in as well.

A true gamer will think of all the possible outcomes and execute the one that is the hardest to accomplish.
  • Blacksheepart
    Blacksheepart
    ✭✭✭
    Your Vampire stealth in stage 4 moves like regular stealth, it's broke; already.
    ★🕱 || Eelelia || 🕱★
    Tertiary Meat

• Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall, both the changes and the new stuff are pretty great! I didn't try any of the DB quests, contracts and skills yet 'cuz I prefer to wait for the final release but I did visit the Gold Coast a little and must say Anvil and Kvatch are beautiful! Speaking of Kvatch, it would be awesome if we could fight bosses or participate in tournaments in the arena and win prizes or watch a fight and bet on it. Is the arena only there for a quest or is there more to it? Anyways, good job so far ZOS! :)
    Edited by Leogon on April 26, 2016 2:29AM
  • soc1212
    soc1212
    Why is there no new rewards being added for purchase with AP points ??