Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Campaign Performance

• PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP lag in TG patch is absolutely bad. I'm not even kidding when i say its worse than before..
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• RoxyPhoenix
    RoxyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭
    its has never been that that bad actually.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheLaw wrote: »
    These changes were held back for more internal testing and data changes, and will go up in the Thieves Guild patch.

Internal testing? Haha, hahahah, hahahahah!!

More like internal bleeding,go get them discount crowns boys!!!
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am getting game disconnects when I port to battle at a keep or outpost. Everything looks good, FPS and ping are decent but game just disconnects. I have to completely shut the client down and relog in to get back in, and even then I may just disconnect again.

I eventually get booted to log in screen but logging in and selecting my character just gives a long loading screen and then back to log in screen. Have to close client and reopen to get back into game.
    Edited by WalkingLegacy on March 12, 2016 10:29PM
  • Enraged_Tiki_Torch
    Enraged_Tiki_Torch
    ✭✭✭

"All allies" can be 1 ally or 100 allies, but the ability system first needs to get ALL the entities in that area first...monsters, players, siege weapons, friend and foe, then sort that list out to find allies, then apply the bonus to them. Changing the ability to Group only cuts out a lot of sorting the server would have to do. That change has helped a little bit, but not a ton, so obviously we're still digging.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

Well that is incredibly over-complex. Abilities that only affect allies checking siege weapons and monsters?? I would of thought each object in the game would be tagged accordingly, so that only players would be considered allies. Monsters would be tagged as NPCs, and Siege Weapons as Interact-able objects. So when someone casts a spell that effects allies, the information would only be picked up by players. NPCs and interact-able objects would just ignore it instead of being compiled into a list and then sorted out.

Wouldn't it be better to cache all the information on the character data that way it doesn't have to be calculated every second? Passives don't change in combat and I certainly don't need to know whether a player has a food buff every second. I would think the only information I need about another player is their position in the game, their current health and when they use an ability that would effect me.

So say a Templar attacks me with a light attack. Balanced warrior was applied a long time ago so the only time it needed to be checked is when it wasunlocked. After that it would be stored in the character data for that player until they respec. That character data can also store how base damage a light attack would do. On attack only their base damage is sent to my character where it could check against my mitigation to calculate the damage.

What it sounds like to me is the server is calculating everything possible that would effect it on both ends before it sends the information. You need to place your focus in cacheing a lot of this information so things like buffs, passives are not being calculated every second. The game already has enough things going on every frame...

My solution to Champion Point System here
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They had it correct at pre patch 1.2.3, just let bots back and let us play.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They had it correct at pre patch 1.2.3, just let bots back and let us play.

plot twist: the bots never left
  • Necronhex
    Necronhex
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I read @Zos_GenaBruno we were going to 64 bit 8 memory maybe we should wait till this happens if not Black Desert here I come.
    Edited by Necronhex on March 13, 2016 10:23AM
    Necron Hex
    Have you not heard of the Dark Brotherhood? Of the remorseless guild of paid assassins and homicidal cutthroats? Join us and you'll find the Dark Brotherhood all that and so much more. We are more than anything a union of like minded individuals.
    Lucien Lachance
  • prootch
    prootch
    ✭✭✭
    Infamous lag on trueflamme (PC-EU) in prime time... maybe lower campaign population caps so that players will be forced to switch from trueflamme. 400/600+ almost permanent ping in fights atm. Unplayable and other campaigns tend to be almost empty.
    Edited by prootch on March 14, 2016 1:18PM
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    No discernible improvement in lag on my end whatsoever. Not even when all the sound vanishes (which someone in chat said was purposeful as an attempt to alleviate lag? That sounded very odd to me, is this confirmed?)
  • mrmadpyrorwb17_ESO
    mrmadpyrorwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed, if you are unable to solve the lag issues, lower the caps.
    It sucks to have the choice of a very well populated campaign with mass lag, or a complete lag-free one with no people in it.
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azura EU and latency is high as it can get, abilities delay and it's just unplayable and not enjoyable. If pvp is the end game then this game has no future?
  • VincentBlanquin
    VincentBlanquin
    ✭✭✭
    mr. wheeler, you are telling us before that champ system proccing is major lag contributor ....
    what apologies for lag you say now?
    Irwen Vincinter - Nord - Dragonknight
    Irw´en - Bosmer - Nightblade
  • Parafrost
    Parafrost
    ✭✭✭
    Campaigns laggier than Molag Bol not respawning.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how it is possible but after 2.3 patch pvp became even more laggy. Should i prepare for Update 10 to make me instantly disconnected upon queue to Cyro?
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    More lag, lower frame rates, more old and new bugs, more crashing.

A job well done?
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just gave Azura EU another try. Welcomed by the 600 ping on entry. people not loading, siege placed not loading, people all over the chat saying the same. Last straw was a few minutes loading screen after respawn. I give up for now, perhaps ill try again with the next dlc, perhaps ill just go to greener pastures.

Good luck to all that keep up with that.
  • Sinbaar
    Sinbaar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flame almost not playable. Ping at entry 400-600 welcome, infight - dont get me started. Keyboard is already broken 4 times, while trying to get any ability out there. Random Client Crashes, infinite Loading Screens.
    It has never been that bad, congratulations! That's how you loose players.
    Edited by Sinbaar on March 15, 2016 11:06PM
    Mitgründer der Allianz Bosriel!
    <<<Herolde des Friedens Kriegsherr>>>
    <<<RONIN>>>
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trueflame tonight; any large battle was 4 fps with 600+ ping. @ZOS_BrianWheeler what happened with those performance fixes for Thieves Guild, I'm afraid with the release of Dark Brotherhood I'll be playing at 1 fps in 999 ping. :(
  • phillyboy7897
    phillyboy7897
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited to avoid mod trolling
    Edited by phillyboy7897 on March 18, 2016 5:17AM
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    We have more fixes incoming over time and while there have been some improvements, it's still far from where we want to be. Some of these will continue to come in hot fixes and others in major patches.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have more fixes incoming over time and while there have been some improvements, it's still far from where we want to be. Some of these will continue to come in hot fixes and others in major patches.

wheels of steel coming in hot with the wisdom
    +1
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry but I'm still waiting for any improvement let alone being
    where we want to be
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Buy a DLC get a 0.1% chance at a fix. Damn RNG system.

It's about time you guys start using alternative methods of fixing this issue, I wouldn't be so angry at this post if i hadn't already played this game when there was NO LAG. It's time you try new methods as waiting for a DLC with a small chance at a fix is becoming increasingly stupid.

How about putting patch 1.2 on PTS and letting us zerg the holy hell out of it to prove we ain't imagining that patch 1.2.3 killed this game.

Or

Testing and trying different things on PTS on a daily basis and inviting people to zerg it with small changes here and there.

You arn't trying hard enough.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Brian, it's worse than before dude. Please stop repeating this over and over.
    Edited by Xeven on March 18, 2016 7:46PM
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeven wrote: »

Brian, it's worse than before dude. Please repeating this over and over.

can we have a streak camera fix XEVENEX
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In my subjective fiew the performance is going better. In short steps, but yeah they are going better.

What i love are some in depth informations. I am a developer too (Not in gaming industry) and i understand technical language. o:) I have already tried to break down performance and game play issues in my thread Myth AoE Cap / Mythos AoE Cap.

So why not do you write down a developer blog about the performance coding with some in depth informations. Eventually the community can ask you questions that bring you to new ideas to fix the performance. My idea is to help you with fresh ways to burn that problem down. The community and you want to fix that performance. If you want the community is constructive then you must constructive to the community.

Bring us into the dive to burn down the performance issues. Give us in depth informations to every little fix you try. Celebrate with us a little party if the fix bring us a 1% better performance. And step by step we can reach your vision of the game. We as community have this vision too (I hope B) ).
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If by better you mean that instead of complete freezes and breakdown of systems to where they do not function, everything (except for sound) works under these stresses but very very slowly, then okay. Even under lag I haven't "not" been able to drop a seige weapon like before, but there isn't much difference in the general outcome.

Any improvements have been too marginal to be hailed as progress in my opinion.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, I know you guys tend to be tight-lipped about development plans, and we know you are focusing on performance (which is absolutely priority #1), but are there any little hints about or some foreshadowing of other changes to give players more to do (and possibly help spread people out) in AvA areas? Such as a general idea of town/district capture, how that would work, other changes that may be on the drawing board to combine improved performance and zone development? Any chance of that kind of thing coming out in 2016? Is it least a "maybe"? Or definite "no"?
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure I've seen these comments before. Do you have a template that you just paste in when the player complaints start to really escalate?
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)