The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Campaign Performance

• Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *** i just so hyped that Brian started a pvp performace thread again.

Then realised it's the old one.

Desappointed.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    campaign half empty and nothing appears to have changed, performance wise atleast :(
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • RandomName123
    RandomName123
    ✭✭✭
    Zaldan wrote: »
    campaign half empty and nothing appears to have changed, performance wise atleast :(

Was there really any hope that it would improve? If it's not crown store item they don't care. I bet the crown store would lag that would be fixed ASAP.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    *** i just so hyped that Brian started a pvp performace thread again.

Then realised it's the old one.

Desappointed.

It was pinned for a long time, no? Does its unpinning mean this is as good as it gets?

PC/NA/Vivec lag seems worse in 3.2 and the disappearing sound bug is back @ZOS_BrianWheeler. The server lag is brutal tonight.

Edited by zyk on October 28, 2017 3:15AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey All!

I wanted to post, too, that PvP was unplayable for me tonite (PC NA). Low FPS since patch and I also experienced the sound bug in heavy keep fights.

Hope it improves soon!
  • CaliCrippy714
    CaliCrippy714
    ✭✭✭
    Wow this thread was started at the end of 2015. We all got Zo$'d. Im laughing and crying at the same time. Hows the performance improvements coming along? Not getting another penny from me zos lol.
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting more disconnects today than I ever had plus that sound bug back is annoying as hell.
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    In our group we assumed they made the sound shut off much sooner than before to try to improve performance.

To be honest the lag et al seems little improved.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    Lagg seems a bit less in vivec but there is no sound in almost every fight that gets a bit more players. Less lag might also be my new comp. XD
  • Scrub_Potato
    Scrub_Potato
    ✭✭
    My FPS has been better, by my server connection has suffered the past few patches. I used to have a pretty stable connection to it, but now its been meh. Could just be something client side, or it could be that the server I am routed through is stressed, not sure.
    "I am a scrub, and a potato. Like, some kind of Scrubtato!"

Bjorn Kril-Kendov - EP Stamplar (totally a Nord... or maybe a Nordguard!)(Main)
    Zerric al-Eshan - EP Khajiit Stamblade
    Thorik Gro-Korik - EP Orc StamDK
    Wulfgar Norok-Kest - EP High Elf MagickaSorc

• Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jawasa wrote: »
    Lagg seems a bit less in vivec but there is no sound in almost every fight that gets a bit more players. Less lag might also be my new comp. XD

This thread is epic. Why?

As you can see they have been "working" on pvp performance for literally years.

They arent fixing it, if they could they would have.

The champion point system is perhaps one of the biggest (epic) failures in mmo history for how its affected negatively so many aspects of the game.

• frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Good day!

From a player who spend 3-4hours a day in Cyrodiil 6 days a week at primetime, I noticed a considerable decrease of performances in Cyrodiil (latency / ping / server) for the past couple weeks.

I am unsure if it's because of the way groups behave, stacking their whole faction in a single keep more than before, but the ping has been hitting the 400ms more often than usual (which has been the highest ping for me for the past year and a half).

I don't know what exactly was changed in the code to bring more calculations to the server but it did not help.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malic wrote: »
    Jawasa wrote: »

This thread is epic. Why?

As you can see they have been "working" on pvp performance for literally years.

They arent fixing it, if they could they would have.

The champion point system is perhaps one of the biggest (epic) failures in mmo history for how its affected negatively so many aspects of the game.

More like they can but just wont because we "dont spend money".
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While finding the perfect spot to place a camp on a keep isn't an exploit, this is not intended. We will have a fix for this in the coming PTS cycle which means it will be fixed in Update 17. By "Fixed" we mean you can't do this anymore after that patch goes live.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4789793/#Comment_4789793
    Have no fear, ZOS is on top of the important issues in Cyrodiil. I'm sure once that FC placement issue is taken care of, they'll finally have time to deal with some of the lesser issues like server performance and client security.
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I challenge the DEVS to log on to a campaign such as VIVEC (for EU PC) and try playing there. Absolutely unacceptable. It's a disgrace. Porting from one keep to another, reviving to somewhere just takes ages in that loading screen.
    Edited by makreth on January 20, 2018 5:53PM
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss old days with hundreds of people on the same screen.

They really need to upgrade their servers and make huge code modifications. Mid Year Mayhem proved they need better servers who can handle more people.

We need the real PVP back!
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "This thread is for ongoing discussions about Cyrodiil"

Currently the crashes in one night one can expect during prime time is one full crash out of cyro (per hour) and depending on how many transits or rezzes at camps you can expect at least two "loading screen" locks at about 4 min each (per hour).

The ques are about 60 during most prime times on average, fluctuating between highs and lows- this translates to roughly 8 min in load screens and 25 min to reque when crashed out. So- 33min of every hour of play is spent in load screens or queing back into game during prime time. Guessing this isn't optimal for an "average" player experience in an MMO- with that kind of playtime its no wonder the revenue from PvP cant compete with PvE, you simply don't have the capability to let players play for more than 27 min of every hour of time available and of course this will impact the revenue stream.

Since you are logging into the game frequently to do QC checks I may only be telling you something you are already working on, but figured since you took the time to put this up so long ago asking for feedback I would give you some that is more current.
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Good day!

From a player who spend 3-4hours a day in Cyrodiil 6 days a week at primetime, I noticed a considerable decrease of performances in Cyrodiil (latency / ping / server) for the past couple weeks.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler Everyone I play with has noticed the same thing.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct Bashev.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

Do you not finding it embarrassing that this Thread was started over two years ago and you are yet to make any significant improvement in PVP Performance! In Fact in recent months performance has taken a down turn.

As your last post was a year ago, Isn't it about time an new post is created to at least give us some hope that you are still working on all the issues.
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    Correct Bashev.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

Do you not finding it embarrassing that this Thread was started over two years ago and you are yet to make any significant improvement in PVP Performance! In Fact in recent months performance has taken a down turn.

As your last post was a year ago, Isn't it about time an new post is created to at least give us some hope that you are still working on all the issues.

I am afraid they will never fix Cyrodill simply because they have no clue how to fix it. Their last fix that should have ended the infinite long loading screens and should have boosted Cyrodill performance was just terrible. They cannot fix it!
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zbigb4life wrote: »
    Correct Bashev.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

I am afraid they will never fix Cyrodill simply because they have no clue how to fix it. Their last fix that should have ended the infinite long loading screens and should have boosted Cyrodill performance was just terrible. They cannot fix it!

@Zbigb4life
    Having played since launch, I have a similar sentiment regarding PVP, but still it would be nice for them to start acknowledging again all the issues they are not addressing.
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Why is it we are not getting all the updates promised, why are we not being kept up to date on what you are hoping to achieve.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My normal day in vivec na pc when I get off work.

-Log on and hope there isn't a 80 player queue
    -get into cyro and see the same fight at bleakers/chal and nik/ash
    -play horse simulator
    -run past ash or bleak and watch my ping climb to 300 and my fps drop to 20
    -crash while trying to get past the keeps for open field fights.
    -relog
    -queue up for vivec again
    -play horse simulator
    -actually make it past ash/bleak or wherever without dropping and looks for open field fights
    -find a fight and mid fight die because my ping randomly jumps to 999+
    -say *** this and log out or go duel in wayrest
    Edited by Datthaw on January 24, 2018 12:48PM
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eirella wrote: »
    If it can't be sold in the Crown Store, Zenimax isn't interested.

Sell a campaign performance scroll with crowns. Imo ZOS isn’t morally above that.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • derekdew339_ESO
    The infinite load screen was especially bad last night. I had been lucky not having to deal with it much in the past but last night it happened about five or six times.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eirella wrote: »
    If it can't be sold in the Crown Store, Zenimax isn't interested.

Sell a campaign performance scroll with crowns. Imo ZOS isn’t morally above that.

I would probably quit the game entirely if that happened.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bump...10pm est [NA][PC] cant play. red lining. 300+ ping. laaadddadadadadadadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddaadadadadadadadadad
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW who cares about Forward Camps !!! What about performance of your servers. I just dont see how a game developers can ignore this glaring issue. I also do not see how they cannot simply respond the community that loves the concept (game) they have created.
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Icarus42
    Icarus42
    ✭✭✭
    II I ssss tth hhh eeerrre aaannny yone h h hhhere t t thhaat cc c cccan ff iixx t t thh iss llll l lla aa aaaa aa gg g ggggg lllagggggg g g gggg pp l l lllllleeeeee ase ? ?? ? ? ???? II IT TT IIS 2019 n nnnoww y yy y yyyyy yyyou kknow. L LL LLo v e tt he g g g gg a aa ame, bb butt iit f feels l lli ke my e eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyes ar e go in g to b b b bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed :smile:
    Ebonheart Pact - PC NA - Magicka Sorcerer
  • Aedrion
    Aedrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It still f'cking sucks.