The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Campaign Performance

• Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    The next incremental patch will have some changes to...

Any changes?

f67692fd7a14-original.jpg
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    These changes were held back for more internal testing and data changes, and will go up in the Thieves Guild patch.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    These changes were held back for more internal testing and data changes, and will go up in the Thieves Guild patch.

tumblr_mvtnsbBhv21re3x32o1_500.gif
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP.

Thank you for the update though, much appreciated, even if it is bad news.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How about the next incremental?

We can't have all these changes at once or it's that much harder to identify whether or not they've improved anything.
    You honestly think you can change the meta so drastically and also expect people to validate whether or not server tweaks have improved performance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP_9zH9Q44o
    'Chaos
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does anybody still believe that they will fix the lag?
    Because I can!
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

No.
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • Infinite12
    Infinite12
    ✭✭✭✭

Nope. But I haven't believed that fr a long time
    [GT: INFINITE12] XB1 I NA I DC PRIMARILY I
    My Characters
    Ragnhild VR16 Nord DK I 2h/Bow (PVP) or 2h/Dual Wield (PVE)
    Nakothre VR7 Khajiit I Dual Wield/2H (PVP)
    Infinitesmo VR16 Imperial NB I 2h/Bow (PVP)

Tip: If you don't like funerals don't kick sand in a ninja's face
  • mertusta
    mertusta
    ✭✭✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4
    Edited by mertusta on January 26, 2016 8:10PM
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭

Realistically every mmo has had lag issues. I don't believe they will fix it, but I expect improvements. Keep in the particle leak isses and fps drop should be mended maybe by the addition of a 64 but client. Praise my RAM. Things will be better on our end along with tweaks on their end.

Suru
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People believed it previously? :)
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe its more likely Bernie Sanders will get Universal Healthcare passed then they fix the lag.
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you put it in the DLC, it might be better but something else causes the lag in the DLC .

Include them in incremental fixes to narrow it down.

Actually i wrote this then laughed because im wasting my time and they aint gonna fix ***.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay, trust in ZOS QA completely restored.
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overload fixed the next day but PVP performance fixes

LOL
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken
    Edited by heystreethawk on January 27, 2016 3:44PM
    GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken

q08Ds.gif
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Lokov
    Lokov
    ✭✭✭
    Why the f... ZOS whants money for product that looks like BETA and which still has to be on a BETA with this performance? Most terrible optimization and server quality EVER!
    Captain Org As More |Mag Blade| DC
    Bald Dude You Know From |Stam Blade| DC
    Ashot One Shot |Mag Blade| AD
    Strippirella |Stam Blade| AD
    Dont Touch My Tralala |Stam DK| DC
    Im Badman |Mag DK| DC
    Big Mac |Mag Sorc| DC
    Savitar Himself |Stam Sorc| DC
    Captain Old Fashion |Mag Plar| DC
    Chelovek Chlen-Nevidimka |Stam Warden| DC

Welcome to my TWITCH in Russian
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's good and wise choice by zos. Overload was a simple fix. Massive battle lag issues is not even close to simple. And you guys know what will happen if they apply a fix before doing a large amount of testing on every little aspect to ensure something else does not become bugged. You guys are gonna criticize them even harder then you are now for postponing the fix while they complete testing.
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aLi3nZ wrote: »
    I think it's good and wise choice by zos. Overload was a simple fix.

Yup. If by simple fix you mean removing the seemingly unrelated fix to dodge roll that apparently broke Overload. :wink:

Of course they weren't going to add any lag fixes to a hotfix. But we were expecting some changes to the patch (that later had to be hotfixed).
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Of course they were

sqAIWZpoExPsQ.gif
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's good and wise choice by zos. Overload was a simple fix. Massive battle lag issues is not even close to simple. And you guys know what will happen if they apply a fix before doing a large amount of testing on every little aspect to ensure something else does not become bugged. You guys are gonna criticize them even harder then you are now for postponing the fix while they complete testing.

Testing?

12QK9U9ohXT6U0.gif
    Edited by RinaldoGandolphi on January 29, 2016 1:52PM
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talcyndl wrote: »
    I think it's good and wise choice by zos. Overload was a simple fix.

Yup. If by simple fix you mean removing the seemingly unrelated fix to dodge roll that apparently broke Overload. :wink:

Of course they weren't going to add any lag fixes to a hotfix. But we were expecting some changes to the patch (that later had to be hotfixed).

It's also mind boggling to know that somehow dodge roll was tied to a sorc ultimate..
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Capsaica
    Capsaica
    ✭✭✭
    I can't say I know anything about coding or programming. But I know that ZOS has been hesitant to roll out anything more than incremental changes to PvP because these changes need to be done on the live server rather than the PTS environment.

How about a test campaign on the live server? Something that you can really screw up royally (intentionally or otherwise) just to test any ideas that might help solve the lag and many other issues affecting the Cyrodiil campaigns.

Let anyone who wants to join the campaign join it as a "test" campaign, even if their other faction characters have already set their "test" campaign there. Give rewards for people participating so that you will get the populations that you will need.

I don't know if it is possible to make an alternate Cyrodiil like this or not, but rolling out incremental changes...or waiting to roll them out with DLC is not enough. It takes too long and people are getting too frustrated. You are losing players like crazy, and almost all of the talk I hear while playing on "Lagzuras" is of other upcoming games.

You have a lot of people who LOVE this game and especially the PvP. Find a way to let us help you test these things!
  • Chimchu
    Chimchu
    Soul Shriven
    It is a shame that one day the lag will "fix" its self due to no-one logging in anymore. I find myself logging off as soon as the lag hits which is happening more frequent and soon it will get to a point whereby I just stop logging in as I know it will be cr@p.

ZOS, you guys must be aware of other games coming out and I know the community is leaning to other games whilst the servers have problems which will shelf this game real quickly.

You guys have an addictive PVP game which is like a drug with many addicted to it. Listen to your customers!

Yep, already canceled my ESO subscription and have signed up for several beta's for other MMO's.

*** love ESO but the lag makes me bitter.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Capsaica wrote: »
    I can't say I know anything about coding or programming. But I know that ZOS has been hesitant to roll out anything more than incremental changes to PvP because these changes need to be done on the live server rather than the PTS environment.

How about a test campaign on the live server? Something that you can really screw up royally (intentionally or otherwise) just to test any ideas that might help solve the lag and many other issues affecting the Cyrodiil campaigns.

Let anyone who wants to join the campaign join it as a "test" campaign, even if their other faction characters have already set their "test" campaign there. Give rewards for people participating so that you will get the populations that you will need.

I don't know if it is possible to make an alternate Cyrodiil like this or not, but rolling out incremental changes...or waiting to roll them out with DLC is not enough. It takes too long and people are getting too frustrated. You are losing players like crazy, and almost all of the talk I hear while playing on "Lagzuras" is of other upcoming games.

You have a lot of people who LOVE this game and especially the PvP. Find a way to let us help you test these things!

As someone who have studied in programming, what I can't conceive yet is the fact that when Zenimax screws up royally on something that brings alot more problems, they can't actually rollback one module. It feels like everything that gets released on the live server will permanently be there until the next incremental change or hotfix (extreme measure).
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭

Internal testing? Haha, hahahah, hahahahah!!
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello Brian!

Maybe you are reading this ;)

Our guild has been changing the campaign recently, but it seems we are are PART OF THE PROBLEM, since our replacement campaigns have been starting lagging, too. Many players are quitting out of frustration, and that is not good for the game.

I would strongly suggest that you implement a distinct campaign with "no-lag game rules", i.e.:

1) skill costs are increased by 200% (reduces the skill induced lags)
    2) collision detection is activated (forces players to spread out), with teleport skills, dodge rolles, jump and charge skills as "liberators" from being trapped by player masses
    3) all players are equipped with one of three standard faction uniforms, though they are allowed to wear their guild shirt over it. (reduces greatly the lag caused by the calculation of individual appearances, see forth: the lag-free Planetside 2)

Our guild would join such a campaign, as would many other "zerg" guilds, which would allow players who want to play without such restrictive rules to have a more empty and lag free AZURA´s.

edit: Of course we wouldn´t call it the No-Lag server or Akatosh campaign, but simply describe it as a RP AvA campaign due to its much more realistic combat system with its focus on light and heavy attacks, ultimates, tactics, and siege weapons.
    Edited by Thraben on February 1, 2016 1:51PM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC NA:

Both Azuras and Haderus have so much lag now it's not enjoyable. Axe is the biggest joke of a campaign and is the place AD gives away free emp titles. Trueflame only looks populated because Legend has its duels on that campaign and in reality the map is dead.

After 4 pm you just have to log anymore.

You got one more DLC left for a majority of your PvP community that has been around since the beginning.

I wish you the best and good luck on fixing the lag!

Edited by Tomato on February 1, 2016 1:38PM