The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Campaign Performance

• ISVRaDa
    ISVRaDa
    Soul Shriven
    These changes were held back for more internal testing and data changes, and will go up in the Thieves Guild patch.

Sounds fair, keep the hard work guys.
    The most elder Spanish community. Since 2002 – http://www.elderscrolls.es
    ¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜ ¿wнaт can cнange тнe naтυre oғ a мan? ˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸
  • _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ISVRaDa wrote: »
    These changes were held back for more internal testing and data changes, and will go up in the Thieves Guild patch.

Sounds fair, keep the hard work guys.

You must be new here.
    'Chaos
  • ArgoCye
    ArgoCye
    ✭✭✭✭
    Friendly fire - that'll spread out those zergs.
  • pandoraderomanus
    pandoraderomanus
    ✭✭✭
    It was mentioned in last natch potes that you had improved performance in Cyrodiil. But it seems to me that the situation became worse. Yesterday I had crashes (!) and moments when everything stops except chat window. I usually don't have such issues even in the worst fights on Azura in primetime. I only hope the situation will become better when TG released.
    PC-EU since 2014

Touches-Your-Tralala - retired lizardina-templar
    Pandora Morgenstern - noob orc-stamsorc
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for reintroducing rollbacks in Cyrodiil!
  • DatRascal
    DatRascal
    ✭✭✭
    The PvP community has been asking for the lag issues in Cyrodiil to be fixed since the game release. Actually, during Beta the community offered up detailed bug reports! I have heard for two years now, "The next patch..." Yet I am still here…waiting…hoping. If you enjoy pvp resolve yourself to the fact that you will die to lag as much as you do other players.
    Loyalty is the Pledge of Truth to Oneself & Others
    ~Cassiah Rae Coyle NB
    ~Cassiah Rae Sorc
    DatRascal Stamblade

Member Since February 27, 2014
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Hey gang! As Eric mentioned in the past ESO live, we have some changes going into the TG patch regarding how abilities are structured and how costs are evaluated at the server level. The changes we made last week had a minor benefit and exposed more routes for our code crew to optimize regarding how AE/Cone abilities function at their core.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey gang! As Eric mentioned in the past ESO live, we have some changes going into the TG patch regarding how abilities are structured and how costs are evaluated at the server level. The changes we made last week had a minor benefit and exposed more routes for our code crew to optimize regarding how AE/Cone abilities function at their core.

Godspeed.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't stop until we reach Warp factor 10!
  • Karamis_Vimardon
    Karamis_Vimardon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »

Don't stop until we reach Warp factor 10!

We talking TOS or other warp factor calculations?
    PC NA

Karamis Vimardon, DC Templar (Magplar)
    Netara, DC Nightblade (Stamblade)
    Karamis, DC Sorc (Magicka)
    Hãderus, EP Templar (Healbot)
    Mr Twinkle-Toes, DC DK (Tank)

game
    noun: game;
    plural noun: games
    1. a form of competitive activity or sport played according to rules.
    2. an activity that one engages in for amusement.
  • Necronhex
    Necronhex
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe we need to get that gaffer tape and bubble gum out !!!!!!!!!!
    Necron Hex
    Have you not heard of the Dark Brotherhood? Of the remorseless guild of paid assassins and homicidal cutthroats? Join us and you'll find the Dark Brotherhood all that and so much more. We are more than anything a union of like minded individuals.
    Lucien Lachance
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the update. Look forward to seeing how things improve.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe some day they will fix the load screen. It is faster to close out the game and relog in than it is to have the loading screens.
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe some day they will fix the load screen. It is faster to close out the game and relog in than it is to have the loading screens.

faster to ride from one side of cyrodiil to the other than use transitus network lol
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Mulcibur
    Mulcibur
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler

I'm not sure whether it's related to BDO drop, the fact that Azura is going no CP soon or whether it's the several hours of maintenance performed yesterday but the lag in Azura last night was almost non-existent. It was amazing. I'm not the only person who noticed.

My question is, was something done during the maintenance or is there another reason for the lack of lag?
  • skillastat
    skillastat
    ✭✭✭✭
    They did a patch to "improve cyrodiil performances"

But still, I had 999+ ping and 4 FPS when in big fights.

I dunno on wich server/platform you play but PC NA nothing changed really.
    (PC NA)
    -Saulo Stamina Sorcerer
    -skillastat Stamina Nightblade
    -a blade spirit Stamina Templar
    -Ultima Online I Magicka Dragonknight
    -'Solo DC* Stamina Sorcerer
    -'Ultima Online Stamina Dragonknight
    -Nerd Dk Tank Dragonknight
    -Solochi Magicka Sorcerer
    -Solo Lucci Magicka Nightblade
    -Sølomon Magicka Warden

*All characters are EP, except for one DC.

French Canadian!
  • NiclasFridholm
    NiclasFridholm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have also noticed a improvement in performance since main!
    Tobias Funke - Magplar since forever

• Mulcibur
    Mulcibur
    ✭✭✭
    skillastat wrote: »

PC EU. I have possibly the worst internet and I had minimal lag even in big fights.
  • Ganj
    Ganj
    ✭✭✭
    Mulcibur wrote: »

PC EU. I have possibly the worst internet and I had minimal lag even in big fights.

You must be the lucky one.. :(
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, nothing has changed. FPS is still sub 12 in Cyrodiil and 50+ outside Cyrodiil.

People testing on the PTS are reporting that FPS is even worse with TG. :(
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »

I agree, nothing has changed. FPS is still sub 12 in Cyrodiil and 50+ outside Cyrodiil.

When many people are on screen, your FPS will suffer. Nothing you can do about that except buy an 980ti or two, or turn your settings down - or both of those.
  • Saint314Louis1985
    Saint314Louis1985
    ✭✭✭
    lag getting worse since they increased CP gain for most players.

more players with higher cp = more lag

makes sense that cp is the problem. maybe thats why they are consolidating alot of the cp stars and introducing the no cp campaign to live to test this theory.

also guessing thats the reason they reduced the # of reflects, reduced the # of heals per cast and made meteor unable to reflect.

it all has to do with the lag!

lets hope it makes pvp playable again.
  • ArgoCye
    ArgoCye
    ✭✭✭✭
    So five crashes in about an hour and a half. I expect the PS4 to be less stable than PC but the performace in Cyro is getting worse. I can put up with a bit of rubber-banding and having to wait three seconds for a skill to engage, but crashes? How can you be making this worse ZoS? I mean it takes a special kind of incompetence to go backwards.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

When many people are on screen, your FPS will suffer. Nothing you can do about that except buy an 980ti or two, or turn your settings down - or both of those.
    ESO doesn't know what SLI is.
  • ArgoCye
    ArgoCye
    ✭✭✭✭
    So log into Cyrodiil (as na ps4). Start to siege Rayles to at least flag it. Get marked ... that's cool. Focussed aimed ... also cool. Go to hit the offending NB, get a loading screen. 120 seconds later, death recap. Now that, ladies and gentlemen, is an ESO PVP experience.
  • Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing has changed and the lag is still horrible with TG DLC
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler the performance in Cyrodiil is worse than it was last week before the Thieves Guild patch. My experience last night:

1. 999+ ping

2. FPS was at 45+ to start, as I approached Chalman it dropped to 10 then 8 in the battle; some guild mates were complaining it was lower than 5 FPS.

3. No sound at all during large battles. Then when I would get sound it would be loud and white noise or squeaking or water type noise. When I say loud, I mean loud then it would quiet down to normal levels then go away.

4. Load screens. Each load screen after a death or port was over a minute. In PvE land for example, they are less than 10 seconds, some times shorter.

5. Rendering. Players were not fully rendering; not even the black silhouette. Spells like meteor were not rendering either, combine that with no sound and I can't even block it because I don't even know it's there.

I understand you and everyone at Zenimax is trying their best to resolve these issues, but it's hard to keep the faith when every patch performance gets worse and worse.

Any hope left in the box that you can share with us?

@ZOS_CaseyCoffman

PC-NA-Trueflame
    64 bit client
    Zero addons being used at the moment.
    Scrolling Combat Text is enabled.
  • CtrlAltDlt
    CtrlAltDlt
    ✭✭✭
    Ping is stil horrible.
    PC NA - jeazzy

stamblade outnumbered pvp vol 1. youtu.be/h1ONYfpAJJ8
    Stamblade outbumbered pvp vol 2. No cheese youtu.be/rN4_aRVMvWw
  • Bulljoker
    Bulljoker
    ✭✭✭
    RIP trueflame 400+ ping on North morrowind gate when action is at Aleswell
    PC EU
    EP - Bull the Ironbreaker - MagDK
    EP - They-renamed-me - MagBlade
    AD - Friendly in Cherno - StamSorc
  • ZOS_CaseyCoffman
    ZOS_CaseyCoffman
    ✭✭✭
    @Psilent

@ZOS_CaseyCoffman

PC-NA-Trueflame
    64 bit client
    Zero addons being used at the moment.
    Scrolling Combat Text is enabled.

Thanks for this. There is another thread active right now more focused on solely the audio aspect of this: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/251472/audio-bugs/p2

I've posted a video of how I've encountered this issue. If you can take a look let me know how it stacks up to your own experience, that would be great. Even better, if you have any footage of your own you can upload and share that would go a LONG way in helping us get to the bottom of the issue for you all faster! :smile:
    Casey Coffman
    Audio / Voiceover Lead Analyst - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Staff Post