Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.3.3

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirDopey wrote: »
    Seiffer wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

The discussion about the change to the Shadow Slayer achievement has some excellent points being raised. One important aspect that hasn't been mentioned however, is that the Void Callers you must defeat in order to gain credit are all one-hit kills. Should you choose to adventure out into The Dark Behind the World and hunt for the Void Callers, whether you are a tank, a healer or a damage dealer, all of the tools are provided to you in order to locate and kill the Void Callers. In fact as a healer or a tank, you may find that the abilities you use to keep yourself alive a big asset in surviving some of the incoming damage while searching for Void Callers.

This achievement is not regulated to the Veteran mode either. This achievement can be worked on by doing both the Normal and Veteran versions of the trial. Also as iteration continues based on feedback from the PTS, we are adjusting the number of Void Callers necessary to complete the achievement. Instead of defeating 50 Void Callers, the achievement will require 25 Void Callers.

Again you dont get it. Players dont like it. Why would you force something on players they dont want?

I'm a tank so I should only Tank. I'm a healer so I should only heal. DPS only DPSs and keeps dying, dude, don't you have any self heals??? I think people are being a little extreme about something that takes one shot to kill. Its like WGT when you get a tank or healer that can't close portals, geez I H8 those guys, this game doesn't cater to one dimensional builds

Again, the Void Callers having 1HP and dying just from a sorc running past them in Lightning Form is completely irrelevant and, frankly, a red herring.

In order for the healer to get this achievement, he needs to stop doing what he's doing (i.e., keeping the main group alive as the boss is pounding on them), split off from the group, and go on a scavenger hunt for hidden Void Callers in another room where no healers are needed. And in my experience doing this on the PTS on normal mode, each person kills around 4 Void Callers per run of the trial, so a healer looking to get this on normal would have to do about 6 runs of the trial where he places himself in a position that nobody wants him to be in.

Yes, it's just an achievement that ultimately has no tangible effects, and frankly, I don't really care if I do or don't get it. But it's about the principle of the matter: that these poorly-designed achievements signal and symbolize a certain disregard from the developers for the support roles in this game.
    Edited by code65536 on February 24, 2016 11:37PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    Can someone explain how getting the killing blow is somehow challenging? This just seems like a very stupid idea in my opinion. Why on earth do you guys never listen to your customers. We dont like this change. We dont want this change. Stop being arrogant and forcing your ideas on the player base when clearly noone who pays your salary wants this. Did you guys not learn from imperial city?

It's a challenge since all the dps'ers need to cut all of their damage before the boss gets to low and then everyone needs to survive while the tanks and healers go in for the kill, eventually. Plus it makes the content 'harder' since the same group needs to kill the boss once per member in the group.

Why do they need to cut their damage for something that takes one shot. I'm soooooooooooooo confused =|
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Quests
    • Cleaning House:
      • This quest is now available immediately after completing "Partners in Crime."
    Does this affect any of the other quests' requirements? Or are they still each tied to successive Guild ranks? Does this mean that there is no quest unlocked at Guild Rank 2 any more?
    You'll get Guild Rank 2 after you complete Partners in Crime, which then unlocks Cleaning House.

Still see that theirs no changes to make Meteor reflectable again.

Times running out ZOS.
    We stated last week (and a couple weeks ago) that we have no plans to make Meteor reflectable again.

So you made meteor un-reflectable because it is an ultimate? Well, Sorcs overload is still reflectable? This needs to change as well.
    Edited by Justice31st on February 25, 2016 1:50AM
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to me logic says to just make it a group achievement. Rather than challenge all this adds is tedium to an otherwise enjoyable trial.

Far too much logic in this post. Please stop trying to add logic and sanity to our game. :tongue:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • darkstar2084
    darkstar2084
    ✭✭✭✭
    its good to see no more shield bash bs has been addressed, while you can not break free of it.
  • darkstar2084
    darkstar2084
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    im glad lotus fan is now dodgeable, and hopefully toppling charged is fixed for good

We've made improvements to Toppling Charge so it should be a lot better than it was, but there are still a couple small outstanding issues we need to address with it.

How come no one is responding in the "Official Templar feedback thread"? i think some acknowledgement of the issues would calm people down
    Edited by darkstar2084 on February 25, 2016 12:47PM
  • LemonSquishie
    LemonSquishie
    ✭✭
    Please let similar glyphs stack. They seem to have "crafted types" such as Redguard, Argonian, etc. so they only stack if you have two of the same race type.

What?
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seiffer wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

The discussion about the change to the Shadow Slayer achievement has some excellent points being raised. One important aspect that hasn't been mentioned however, is that the Void Callers you must defeat in order to gain credit are all one-hit kills. Should you choose to adventure out into The Dark Behind the World and hunt for the Void Callers, whether you are a tank, a healer or a damage dealer, all of the tools are provided to you in order to locate and kill the Void Callers. In fact as a healer or a tank, you may find that the abilities you use to keep yourself alive a big asset in surviving some of the incoming damage while searching for Void Callers.

This achievement is not regulated to the Veteran mode either. This achievement can be worked on by doing both the Normal and Veteran versions of the trial. Also as iteration continues based on feedback from the PTS, we are adjusting the number of Void Callers necessary to complete the achievement. Instead of defeating 50 Void Callers, the achievement will require 25 Void Callers.

If the tank can still tank the boss or healer still heal the rest of the raid then fine, otherwise how easy the mobs are to kill is kinda irrelevant.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Quests
    • Cleaning House:
      • This quest is now available immediately after completing "Partners in Crime."
    Does this affect any of the other quests' requirements? Or are they still each tied to successive Guild ranks? Does this mean that there is no quest unlocked at Guild Rank 2 any more?
    You'll get Guild Rank 2 after you complete Partners in Crime, which then unlocks Cleaning House.

Still see that theirs no changes to make Meteor reflectable again.

Times running out ZOS.
    We stated last week (and a couple weeks ago) that we have no plans to make Meteor reflectable again.

So you made meteor un-reflectable because it is an ultimate? Well, Sorcs overload is still reflectable? This needs to change as well.

I grow weary of seeing this poor comparison. One is a non-spammable 200-cost ultimate with a long visual and audible warning before it hits. The other costs a fraction of that, doesn't drain the full ultimate pool, is spammable, and is virtually instant. Comparing Overload to any other Ultimate is laughable.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a main sorc, and I feel that overload should remain reflectable. I mean, the third bar isn't counterable (but sometimes not very responsive), the heavy attack even if it's garbage isn't counterable, only the 22 ultimate cost light attack are reflectable. It's not the same as meteor, who does only one thing (with four great effect) for 200 ult and can be fully countered.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »
    I'm a main sorc, and I feel that overload should remain reflectable. I mean, the third bar isn't counterable (but sometimes not very responsive), the heavy attack even if it's garbage isn't counterable, only the 22 ultimate cost light attack are reflectable. It's not the same as meteor, who does only one thing (with four great effect) for 200 ult and can be fully countered.

Sure it is, it's interruptable. That's also what makes it garbage.... :smiley:
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, I've forgot ^^
  • thgzy54
    thgzy54
    Soul Shriven
    Simple question and I know it is repeated.
    Why DK cannot reflect Meteor anymore?
    It is part of DKs identity, is to reflect stuff back. It is like saying that the sorc can put his shield but will not work against fire damage. Reflective scale already been fixed over the time because it was OP but now its only reflect 4 things in 4 sec.
    There are already couple of things unreflective could be used against DK like approx dent. Or some sorc ability but saying that DKs cannot reflect is like saying Nightblade cannot hide or templar cannot heal.

DKs are better known for tanking, if you take reflective scale out too, nightblades and templars are better tanks than DK. Maybe balancing between characters what all players want but not missing up again with what's distinguish each class.

I believe the only solution is that, DK can reflect anything back including the meteor BUT meteor cannot be reflected with the one hand and shield ability so that DKs are the only class to reflect meteor so players get to their attention that this is a DK I probably will not use Meteor against him as will as other classes like nigtblade can hidden as will as templars can purify.

The bottom line here is that please don't ruin DKs identity and I think that is a pretty good solution. Thank you.
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc shield can no longer fully absorb dots, so both take a nerf. Now, you can apply your dots on a shield and destroy them more easily.
    If someone says that shild don't belong to sorc, I can say the same thing about reflect.
  • thgzy54
    thgzy54
    Soul Shriven
    Im I gonna kill a sorc with my dot cuz I'm a DK?!.. We are not in dungeons plz who's gonna depend on dot.

Still does not make any sense.. I guess reflection based on Magicka only is the solution.
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But dot are very strong actually in pts pvp. Far less purge (NB's one has vanish, common purge cost more and purge less, templar one is the only left), no more immunity shield, my dots does a lot of damage, especially burning ember who also heal me for a great amount of life.
    With dots, you put a continuous offensive pressure on the enemy. You hit him when you heal yourself, you hit him when he is behind a wall, you hit him when you hit him again, and you don't let him heal himself easily.

And if DK can reflect meteor, everyone can, so no. You can block it and take nearly no damage, and DK have blocking bonus (as templar). Not being able to reflect meteor won't kill Dk tank.
    And meteor shouldn't be purgeable nor cloakable.
  • MrRodriguez55Carlosub17_ESO
    While every here is talking about the Achievement for DPS, and meteor reflection nagging, I am over here wondering when in the holy f will 64bit.exe ESO game be accessible for us Windows 10 users?

The game releases in March and still the PTS/ZOS has not found a way to help us give our feedback.
    ( When I mean feedback, I mean the 64bit version of the game feedback)

Disappointed that I will have to use that exe file until release day it seems if at all ready at that time.

Does some one get me here?
    Edited by MrRodriguez55Carlosub17_ESO on February 27, 2016 12:58AM
  • sean.plackerb14_ESO
    sean.plackerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    While every here is talking about the Achievement for DPS, and meteor reflection nagging, I am over here wondering when in the holy f will 64bit.exe ESO game be accessible for us Windows 10 users?

The game releases in March and still the PTS/ZOS has not found a way to help us give our feedback.
    ( When I mean feedback, I mean the 64bit version of the game feedback)

Disappointed that I will have to use that exe file until release day it seems if at all ready at that time.

Does some one get me here?

They have already announced the PC 64 bit client won't be "released" till a later incremental patch after the DLC release. My guess is they will push out the 64 bit client on the DLC launch, but will not set the launcher to use it until later. That way people can go to the install directory and manually launch it so it can be further tested, but they wont make it the default exe for x64 systems till later.
    Edited by sean.plackerb14_ESO on February 27, 2016 9:35AM
    @sean8102 - Carlore - Daggerfall Covenant
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The 64 bit client works fairly well under windows 7 but in my opinion needs work before being released. I do not blame them for delaying the release.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    im glad lotus fan is now dodgeable, and hopefully toppling charged is fixed for good

We've made improvements to Toppling Charge so it should be a lot better than it was, but there are still a couple small outstanding issues we need to address with it.

How come no one is responding in the "Official Templar feedback thread"? i think some acknowledgement of the issues would calm people down

Seriously, it would take almost zero effort on their part and would go a long way toward salvaging the busted relationship they have created with the Templar community.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

Seriously, it would take almost zero effort on their part and would go a long way toward salvaging the busted relationship they have created with the Templar community.

That thread is like Nam or the war on drugs... They probably just view it as an avenue to flush resources down the toilet
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well to be fair to ZOS they addressed the whole templar thing numerous times in other threads and spent quite some time on it in an ESO live. I know people didnt like the whole templar "house" thing but thats where they stand.
    Edited by jamesharv2005ub17_ESO on February 29, 2016 12:57PM