Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Favorite "Oops" moment?

• Sighlynce
    Sighlynce
    ✭✭✭
    Probably not a 'favorite' but definitely an oops, been playing a couple hrs Sat. running around doing quests, went through dungeon and stole and fenced some things , look down and have like 4700g !! Heck yea ! Decide to sell at the blacksmith stand going through selling the rest of my unwanted stuff (running my mouth and not really paying attention :* ) then I see red..... Turned out I bought all this crap I didn't need :s ... Selling it back was a joke .. ended up with like 760g .. Had to laugh to keep from crying !! Lesson learned :p .
    "What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    okay, i pvp alot for EP, i recently leveled a DC, so im pvping on the said DC toon and i find myself wandering into EP resources and dying, and im in ts like oops.

I did the same thing.
    and when i did my first AA they said watch you don't walk off the cliffs, and what happens, i walk off the cliff :|

Sounds like the narrow pathway in the first third or so. Haven't fallen off myself (yet) but a guild member warned other people about it then fell off herself.

Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My first time through the walkthrough after launch, and the tutorial for double-tapping to dodge came up... I wasn't paying attention, and rolled right off a cliff to my very first death.
    Options
  • Ommy71
    Ommy71
    ✭✭✭
    Selling my skilled horse.. :(
    ommyy - Stamblade - Brigadier - Master Angler - Former Emperor - All trophies Done - Stormproof - 27400 Achievement Points....
    PC-EU
    Options
  • babedenny
    babedenny
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's always the same...

I attack several mobs, realize I'm in deep crap, start backing up while kiting. Back right into several more mobs. Death.
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ommyboy wrote: »
    Selling my skilled horse.. :(
    Wow...ouch!
    brosselle wrote: »
    It's always the same...

I attack several mobs, realize I'm in deep crap, start backing up while kiting. Back right into several more mobs. Death.
    I sometimes forget where a skill is when I swap characters and edit my bar. So fun to tap a resource draining "buff" skill 10 times rapidly, see no damage or heals, then try run away while popping a potion.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going for mass murderer on my nightblade and was in Reapers March (that gambling area has soooo many people far from a city or guards). I wanted to then finish the zone and only had a few quests left, and I was stealthy enough to cloak past guards to get to quest-related NPCs. Figure I would just spend a while in Cyrodiil afterward letting the 70K+ bounty cool down. Once in a while guard I missed would attack but *cloak* *cloak* *cloak" and I was good...

Until I got to the last quest or two, and had to talk to someone in the mages guild in Dune, who apparently is always 2 feet from a guard at all times. I cloaked but sometimes I get lagged when a guard attacks me (not often but it happens) and I ended up dead. The 65K gold I had saved up to buy something was gone like that.

Options
  • Dru1076
    Dru1076
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I was one dagger short on my blacksmithing writ, so I pinched a few weapons off the racks... No worries huh? Easy fix. But then this ingenious cookie proceeded to deconstruct ALL weapons in my inventory and ended up two daggers short. Probably not my worst oops... But I'd be to embarrassed to mention that here....
    Edited by Dru1076 on June 22, 2015 11:18AM
    Ask not what your sweetroll can do for you....
    Options
  • whoa_dammitub17_ESO
    Right after acquiring the crossbow- was looting barrels in town (stealing) went to take all and shot three guards
    Die in battle and go to Valhalla
    Options
  • theghost133
    Ran out of the keep we were defending to attack a level 25 that was trying to set up a battering ram. Killed him, and then a level 45 DK chains me in (My health is getting low at this point since I'm level 23 and a bit of a glass cannon) so naturally, I use magnum shot to y'know put some distance between us. As my character gets knocked back by the magnum shot I land just as a firepot from a trebuchet lands on top of me, killing me. Could have totally been avoided but needless to say, ouch
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, I have been neglecting adding some gems to this thread, but this one deserves mention.

For some reason, my skill/power progression seems to have gone backward in each update since 1.5 ended. Well, alright, you win some, you lose some. Just wait for the wheel to turn in the next update.

Then it happened again after IC dropped, which *really* shocked me. Easy mobs didn't kill me but they seemed a little harder than usual. In PvP I was doing way worse than usual. It was a bit depressing. I stopped playing with my old main/sometime still main, and focused on leveling yet another character.

But, it turns out, there is at least one reason that my characters was weaker since IC launched. Why my character, who is a healer, seemed to die unexpectedly quickly despite an arsenal of top notch healing spells, a health bit of magicka, and a decent if not spectacular bit of spell power. I tried playing the character again today and figured out a possible source of the problem. I bet you can guess, so go ahead and try.

And... the answer is:
    She often (and currently) wears 5L/2H and I somehow forgot to put points back into the light armor skill line after the point reset when IC went live.

I think I have a good shot of "stoopid player award" for today, yes? Maybe the week. Think you can top it with a better Oops moment?

Options
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    First off, I've logged a ridiculous amount of time playing Battlefield 4. Well in BF4 you can jump off a building without consequence because you have a parachute. So probably the first time I was up high enough to kill myself by jumping down, I did just that, while trying to pull my stupid parachute. DOH!!
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I paid 15,000g for a Nirnhoned item for research. The oops is, I already researched the item. Then shortly after that I had someone craft me another Nirnhomed Item for research and I already researched that item at well. 22,000g waisted.

ugh. Double oops!

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    First off, I've logged a ridiculous amount of time playing Battlefield 4. Well in BF4 you can jump off a building without consequence because you have a parachute. So probably the first time I was up high enough to kill myself by jumping down, I did just that, while trying to pull my stupid parachute. DOH!!
    Wow, you know, so many Oops stories involve falling/jumping from heights. Maybe ZOS was onto something with an achievement that requires you jump from a high place to your death :)

vamp_emily wrote: »
    I paid 15,000g for a Nirnhoned item for research. The oops is, I already researched the item. Then shortly after that I had someone craft me another Nirnhomed Item for research and I already researched that item at well. 22,000g waisted.

ugh. Double oops!
    Ouch. Yeah, I am making really slow crafting progress, nowhere near worrying about nirnhoned, but given how poor I am in game 22K wasted would seriously sting. I've done something similar when buying dropped items from a vendor, though.

Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One day at Vamp Camp.

I was there paid to bite someone, and for some reason my button was not working. I was given the ok to bite but nothing was working.

I log out, and log back in, still not working. I go feed my vamp, come back still not working. I got kind of frustrated and started hitting a bunch of buttons and at the same time I turned my character. Ooops! I bit someone else.

Did they want a vampire bite? Lucky for me they said, "Thank you, Emily".

Edited by vamp_emily on October 23, 2015 12:55PM

Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One day at Vamp Camp.

I was there paid to bite someone, and for some reason my button was not working. I was given the ok to bite but nothing was working.

I log out, and log back in, still not working. I go feed my vamp, come back still not working. I got kind of frustrated and started hitting a bunch of buttons and at the same time I turned my character. Ooops! I bit someone else.

Did they want a vampire bite? Lucky for me they said, "Thank you, Emily".
    An Oops with a happy ending. Yeah, there always seem to be people at the vamp and werewolf shrines hoping to get a bite. I had a similar problem when one of my characters had lycanthropy and a guild member was wanting it, but it never did work. But some other player randomly helped out.

Options
  • Silky_Shokz
    Silky_Shokz
    ✭✭✭
    Right at the very start, when I first got the game and didn't know anyone else on it (and rolled DC), I was excited to find a group of NPC's in the tavern in Daggerfall who opened up the Undaunted line...

After listening/reading what was being said. I hurried over to Spindleclutch and entered it....on my own.....not realising I only had to discover it..... a rather quick death from multiple spiders followed :(

Countless moments while on mount of "Rapid Manoeuvre - Sprint - Jump" over small rocks that end up having a huge drop on the other side!

Getting overly excited when taking a keep as the door breaks down , charging the first flag and finding myself stood right in front of a fire ballista...you know what the death re-cap read :D

Many more, but those are the stand out ones.
    Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Right at the very start, when I first got the game and didn't know anyone else on it (and rolled DC), I was excited to find a group of NPC's in the tavern in Daggerfall who opened up the Undaunted line...

After listening/reading what was being said. I hurried over to Spindleclutch and entered it....on my own.....not realising I only had to discover it..... a rather quick death from multiple spiders followed :(

Countless moments while on mount of "Rapid Manoeuvre - Sprint - Jump" over small rocks that end up having a huge drop on the other side!

Getting overly excited when taking a keep as the door breaks down , charging the first flag and finding myself stood right in front of a fire ballista...you know what the death re-cap read :D

[ smiles ]

Just recently I was firing my siege at a keep we controlled.

I sneaked over to the north side of Ales, planted my siege on the stairs, and started firing away. At the same time I was watching for enemy, just in-case they were going to come over and attack me.

After a few minutes going by I was thinking to myself, "hmmm.. this is just to quiet something must be going on". That is when I realized i was firing at my alliances keep.

oops!

Options
  • Silky_Shokz
    Silky_Shokz
    ✭✭✭

[ smiles ]

Just recently I was firing my siege at a keep we controlled.

I sneaked over to the north side of Ales, planted my siege on the stairs, and started firing away. At the same time I was watching for enemy, just in-case they were going to come over and attack me.

After a few minutes going by I was thinking to myself, "hmmm.. this is just to quiet something must be going on". That is when I realized i was firing at my alliances keep.

oops!

It's people like you I end up shouting at in area chat :D:D
    Options
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streaking off a cliff and killing myself....
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First visit to Imperial City... the day it came out... waited 2 hours in queue to get to the campaign. Finally in sewers. See big door... "white gold tower" it says. Fine, let's get in ! Oh, that's the 4-man-dungeon ! let's try it another night, visit sewers first. Get out the door and..... OOOOOPS... back to Wayrest and 2 hours queue...
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on October 23, 2015 5:49PM
    Options
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I have a favorite, there are so many, lol.

escaping the wailing prison with the prophet.... and then dropping out of the sky over Davon's Watch and dying on impact.

Right after the justice system was introduced: Being sure I'd already turned on 'prevent attacking innocents' on ALL my characters. Then managing to attack some NPC I was supposed to be rescuing while fighting bandits and getting a huge bounty on my peace-loving healer. He was traumatized.

My main sorcerer should be nicknamed "The Exterminator", he's constantly targeting rats by accident in the middle of battle, wastes a lot of magicka on epically smiting them. (he's also done a lot of farming leather from skeevers, but I guess he's got a vendetta against the small ones too.)

In the quest for more skyshards for one of my crafting characters I had him doing some dungeons that were a bit over his level. In one of them the skyshard is on a pedestal you have to jump to from an upper walkway in the cave, and I missed.... dropped to my doom. Struggled through to the top again.... and missed.... several more times. I watched a bunch of other players hop over like it was nothing, but for the life of me I could not jump in a straight line that day. I felt soooo stupid (gained a lot of xp though...).

I recall taking forever one time trying to carefully sneak into some fort to get a lorebook.... and only realizing when I came back to that place later that everyone in there is friendly and I totally could have just walked in.

I tend to accidentally rolldodge off the edge of things a lot... I also tend to rolldodge into places that you can't actually get back out of without rolling again in just the right direction, sometimes it's impossible and I have to teleport.

before I switched the keybinding for ultimate/"take all" I would inevitably set off my ultimate while looting After a battle was over. always felt like I must look so dumb. The worst time I wasted it was trying a group dungeon for the first time with my friend and we were only a group of 2.

I use an xbox controller with the computer and have my skills on the dpad which works nicely physically, but it's kind of like playing russian roulette, it just kind of chooses at random which skill I'm going to cast no matter which direction I'm actually pressing, so a lot of times I end up casting a heal several times in a row when I'm trying to attack, and generally looking like I have no clue what my skills are good for.

My husband's veteran 2 crafter was running out of pretty much everything, so I decided to take him out and farm/refine a bit so my husband wouldn't have to do that boring stuff himself. I avoided fighting things and just gathered, and of course opened any chest I came across...which on Khenarthi's roost is rather frequent. Somehow I got him almost to the next rank just opening chests.... but I hadn't been paying attention to his XP having heard all the moaning about the suuuper slow slog through the veteran ranks. He was kinda mad that I'd overleveled him.... oops. :neutral:
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aelthwyn wrote: »
    I'm not sure I have a favorite, there are so many, lol.
    A lot of the ones you mentioned are very common.

Aelthwyn wrote: »
    My main sorcerer should be nicknamed "The Exterminator", he's constantly targeting rats by accident in the middle of battle, wastes a lot of magicka on epically smiting them. (he's also done a lot of farming leather from skeevers, but I guess he's got a vendetta against the small ones too.)
    Yeah, I once pumped a Soul Assault (ultimate ability from the Soul Magic skill line) into a rat.

Options
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During group dungeons I scream over ts from time to time "SORRY I FORGOT TO SLOT HEALS"

..but beside that, everytime I'm on my way to craft Ashen Grip in Auridon, i die due to fall damage. In certain dungeons I tend to use my ultimate on lvl 1 spiders, or throw my ultimate right after the boss dies.

The above crap is with my templar, with my sorcerer ...when I tried to lvl up streak, one time my health was low and I accidently streaked from one mob into another mob, tried to survive and run away - pressed Thunderous Armor and ran into a guard >.<
    Options
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So here is my unholy blunder of the century,

Way back, and i mean way back about 6 months after release i had finally gotten my main to VR1.....

Being the NOOB that i was at that point oh and may I mention this is my first MMORPG EVER,
    I thought i would checkout this PVP thing....

Entered Cyrodiil, as a Magicka Sorc.... (with all the wrong skills for PVP)
    I see that rayles resource is yellow so i decide i am going to take this resource by myself......

Anywhoo... here i am with a siege weapon seiging the npc on flag when a VR12 Dk pulls up a chair and sits there watching me go about taking this resource.....

After about 15 minutes of trying i gave up.. i went over to him and asked him what i was doing wrong....
    He just laughed and said that we needed more people coz a resource cannot be taken solo......

I think he was having a good chuckle at my stoooooopidity..... lol...
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

Options
  • NiclasFridholm
    NiclasFridholm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deconed My Master Inferno Precise staff a while back...
    Tobias Funke - Magplar since forever

Options
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    back when v14 was the highest you can be and City of Ash was the hardest dungeon, my group and I had finally made to Skoria after an enduring battle. We wiped a couple of times and decided to take a break and set our bars/repair our armors. I was just getting my buffs on to be ready when I accidentally bar-swapped. My buff button was my radiant oppression on my other bar and I started lasering Skoria prematurely, Everyone flipped out which was expected, but my tank blamed my other DPS instead of me. It lead to a pretty hilarious fight where even after I told them it was my fault, the tank would still blame our other DPS for pretty much everything.
    "My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noooo...

I hopped on a few minutes today and looked to see if one my characters had items with traits my crafter needed. I found 5-6, and put them in the junk section to save for later. I then put them in the bank so my crafter could do research, but got a chance to do some content and grabbed more loot, which I deconned. Hopped on my crafter, went to do research, and realized I had deconned the trait items in the bank. No progress on crafting research today... :neutral:

Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    So here is my unholy blunder of the century,

Way back, and i mean way back about 6 months after release i had finally gotten my main to VR1.....

Being the NOOB that i was at that point oh and may I mention this is my first MMORPG EVER,
    I thought i would checkout this PVP thing....

Entered Cyrodiil, as a Magicka Sorc.... (with all the wrong skills for PVP)
    I see that rayles resource is yellow so i decide i am going to take this resource by myself......

Anywhoo... here i am with a siege weapon seiging the npc on flag when a VR12 Dk pulls up a chair and sits there watching me go about taking this resource.....

After about 15 minutes of trying i gave up.. i went over to him and asked him what i was doing wrong....
    He just laughed and said that we needed more people coz a resource cannot be taken solo......

I think he was having a good chuckle at my stoooooopidity..... lol...

I've taken resources solo... is quite difficult, but can be done
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Noooo...

I hopped on a few minutes today and looked to see if one my characters had items with traits my crafter needed. I found 5-6, and put them in the junk section to save for later. I then put them in the bank so my crafter could do research, but got a chance to do some content and grabbed more loot, which I deconned. Hopped on my crafter, went to do research, and realized I had deconned the trait items in the bank. No progress on crafting research today... :neutral:

Happened to me a couple of times... :neutral:
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options