The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Favorite "Oops" moment?

• Lil_Willie
    Lil_Willie
    ✭✭✭
    Once upon a time,

Lil Willie used the Group Finder utility to assist a group of random with the veteran city of ash. After defeating Valkyn Skoria. Lil Willie thought about doing the veteran daily, well unfortunately, that WAS THE FUDGING VET DAILY!

FML!

Options
  • LilyOra
    LilyOra
    ✭✭✭
    Haha so many fails XD

I 'fall' off walls during keep defense in pvp almost daily. Murphy's Law: It never seems to happen when the keep is still unflagged, meaning that the baddies usually see my error, kill me uber fast, and I end up riding back and getting back just in time for the keep to already be flipped.

It's somewhat embarrassing, and very much annoying ;)
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LilyOra wrote: »
    Haha so many fails XD

I 'fall' off walls during keep defense in pvp almost daily. Murphy's Law: It never seems to happen when the keep is still unflagged, meaning that the baddies usually see my error, kill me uber fast, and I end up riding back and getting back just in time for the keep to already be flipped.

It's somewhat embarrassing, and very much annoying ;)

Yup, some times trying to get the best angle to attack the guys down ends up putting you at the gates of sej, surrounded by enemies and with a 15% of your max health
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Streaking off keep walls into massive zergs. I'll rebind that button some day.
    Options
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night Azura's Star campaign playing Aldmeri Dominion on my mage...

I saw the call for help to defend Fort Ash from reds so I shrined to Nikel outpost and rode hard to Ash. I entered the main gate at Ash, made it inside the inner keep door...just as the banners flipped to red. I was greeted inside by a few dead AD and around thirty Pact who all turned to greet me and two other AD who went in with me. We lasted all of twenty seconds under a barrage of red attacks from every direction.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Last night Azura's Star campaign playing Aldmeri Dominion on my mage...

I saw the call for help to defend Fort Ash from reds so I shrined to Nikel outpost and rode hard to Ash. I entered the main gate at Ash, made it inside the inner keep door...just as the banners flipped to red. I was greeted inside by a few dead AD and around thirty Pact who all turned to greet me and two other AD who went in with me. We lasted all of twenty seconds under a barrage of red attacks from every direction.

Happened to me a couple of times, but being red and entering into bananaland
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Falling off cliffs countless times. Dodge rolling to get out of stupid but hitting a stalactite ect instead. Pulling a mob. If I were on PC I would join the Differently Geared as I make so many mistakes right @Sylance9 ?
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
    Options
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the first weeks of the release of IC DLC, my guild and I were working on the No death achievement of the vet White Gold Tower.

That run, no one died until we reached Molag Kena. As a sorc tank, I was running with Negate as it still worked on the shock arms, so everything worked fine and easy.

I got cocky and spammed my finisher as the boss reached low life.
    Probably released the block because huh... reasons.
    And got KB in the flaming wall as the boss reached 1%.

Awkward :sweat:

Can not be worse than last year raid in Sanctum of Ophidia for the confirm-kill of the Serpent, when, as the healer, I ran off from the keyboard because a giant bug had invided my living room. And the whole raid died, wondering why they had had no heals on the poison phase :mrgreen:
    What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Usara v531 - Usara2 v322 - Escouade Sauvage - PC - EU - EP

Usara Den Thasnet - Retainer of House Hlaalu (Dunmer Templar, heal)
    Livia Augustus - Deserter of the Imperial 7th Legion (Imperial DK, tank)
    Aspen Vael - Battlemage of King Casimir III (Breton Sorcerer, tank/dd magicka)
    Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Chante-avec-les-escargots - House Hlaalu snail breeder (Argonian NB, tank)
    Ryl Serandas - Mournhold Ordinator (Dunmer DK, dd magicka)
    Dar'Aiean - House Hlaalu Smuggler (Khajiit NB, dd stamina)
    Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
    Torafhilde Frostdottir - Winterhold Cryomancer (Nord Sorcerer, dd magicka)
    Senecar - Daedra hunter, former Thalmor corps (Altmer Templar, dd magicka)
    Ondres Hlaalu - House Hlaalu Skooma Trader (Dunmer NB, dd magicka)
    Options
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starting out on the NA servers... having bought 2 horses ( incl. Midnight steed after the 2nd week).

I still don't have that steed on the EU side because I refuse to buy the same horse twice.

So in short I have a ton of Kuta, other mats ect. on a server I can't use. :cookie:

On a brighter note this year when I did the nose dive achievement I expected to survive because I fell in water... didn't happen :lol:
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
    Options
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    So here is my unholy blunder of the century,

Way back, and i mean way back about 6 months after release i had finally gotten my main to VR1.....

Being the NOOB that i was at that point oh and may I mention this is my first MMORPG EVER,
    I thought i would checkout this PVP thing....

Entered Cyrodiil, as a Magicka Sorc.... (with all the wrong skills for PVP)
    I see that rayles resource is yellow so i decide i am going to take this resource by myself......

Anywhoo... here i am with a siege weapon seiging the npc on flag when a VR12 Dk pulls up a chair and sits there watching me go about taking this resource.....

After about 15 minutes of trying i gave up.. i went over to him and asked him what i was doing wrong....
    He just laughed and said that we needed more people coz a resource cannot be taken solo......

I think he was having a good chuckle at my stoooooopidity..... lol...

I've taken resources solo... is quite difficult, but can be done

Yes you can now but back then there was NO way you would..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

Options
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My Streak is my nonstop "oops" pretty much. If, gods forbid, I have it slotted in Sewers/IC(which I usually do for convenience) you can be damn sure I'll pull EVERYTHING with it including the banner boss that just happened to be passing 30 m away(on the positive side, once I managed to pull a few daedroth on some AD that attacked me...by accident, but the daedroth rekt the AD and I even got AP for it :D ). When I have it slotted in Cyro(which is always because sorc easy mode and all) you can be damn sure I'm going to streak off the wall into a zerg at least once during a keep defence(I blame ZOS for most of this one though, usually happens when wep swap doesn't work and I think I cast Healing Ward when in reality it's still Streak). Sometimes they're so shocked/I'm so quick I actually make it back, other times...yeah.

When I first tried using Streak in Cyro it was even better - I streaked off every bridge, cliff and other high structure there was. I also streaked into every fence, tree or wall in my way, sometimes getting stuck in those for good. I've gotten slightly better since then but streaking off the walls and into zergs is still my bane :tongue:

Oh also stepping off that platform on AA last boss to get a better look in the abyss below. I swear there was a ledge there but apparently it was just the visuals of one since I fell right through it...on the good side, I got a really good look at that abyss. On the bad one, after that I had to run all the way back from the start of the trial...
    Options
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Deconstructing my infused Engine Guardian shoulders because I didn't have them equipped. I was still missing the helm.
    2. Buying a legendary glyph for 8k to deconstruct for the kuta (costs 15k). I deconstruct it and don't get anything. There goes my 8k. =S I felt kinda stupid.
    3. Buying stacks of raw materials thinking I'd get at least 1 legendary temper per stack. I get none and waste my money.
    Options
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My first Oops was trying to kill this boss,and accidentally tapped twice,wound up rolling beyond him and down the cliff into the mob that was below.I died a rather ugly death,and had to revive and fight my way back up to him.
    Options
  • Adzer2
    Adzer2
    ✭✭✭
    Rushing to get to the south dolmen in bangkorai for the first time while in the camp on the hill, sprinted right off the edge of that canyon
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Characters:
    Adzer - Breton Templar
    Thorgon Stormcaller - Nord Dragonknight
    Elrond Smeagol - High Elf Sorceror
    Akorithi Sendu - Redguard Nightblade
    Miraak Icelight - Nord Warden
    Father Dori - Breton Templar
    Argo - Argonian Dragonknight
    Options
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Falling off cliffs countless times. Dodge rolling to get out of stupid but hitting a stalactite ect instead. Pulling a mob. If I were on PC I would join the Differently Geared as I make so many mistakes right @Sylance9 ?

:P of course! our fail moments are all documented on video lol.
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
    Options
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spamming "r" to take a resource from a node and accidentally using my ult
    Finally finding that recipe I needed for a writ and immediately learning it, then realising it wasn't my provisioner who found it
    Panicking like a mad fool in tough fights and reverting to doing things like spamming high cost abilities and standing in red even though I know well enough not to do these things in normal fights (well, mostly :o )
    Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    Vriddi gra-Yildnarz, Dragonknight and Smith
    Myrvanwe, Sorcerer and Enchanter
    Tsajirra, Nightblade and Clothier
    Vilvyni Indarys, Dragonknight and Woodworker
    Arielle Alouette, Templar and Provisioner
    Fishes in Troubled Waters, Nightblade and Alchemist
    Shanika Some Long Title I'd Change If I Could, Templar and Aspirant Jeweller
    Pippi Longhorn, Nightblade, Ne'er-do-well, and "Tribute" character
    EU PC.
    Options
  • izJordy
    izJordy
    ✭✭✭
    bought pledge of mara, then deleted my character and made a new one, then realized i just deleted my pledge of mara
    Options
  • catcher51
    catcher51
    The first month or so of playing I carried around every nickel mat I could find, despite not being an imperial or having the motif, because I thought you needed it to convert gear to imperial style.
    EP Dunmer DK Dual Wield - Allamus

"In war there is no prize for the runner-up."
    — General Omar Bradley
    Options
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    And tonight whilst sneaking and picking a nirnroot I managed to accidentally cast my ult again attracting the attention of a larger than average mob :blush:.
    Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    EU PC.
    Options
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Finally finding that recipe I needed for a writ and immediately learning it, then realising it wasn't my provisioner who found it
    Panicking like a mad fool in tough fights and reverting to doing things like spamming high cost abilities and standing in red even though I know well enough not to do these things in normal fights (well, mostly :o )

Being in a bank and doing the Ult thing.It's really embarrassing.
    Edited by Volkodav on January 27, 2016 1:06PM
    Options
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »

Being in a bank and doing the Ult thing.It's really embarrassing.

:lol: Not done that yet, although give it time.
    EU PC.
    Options
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a plethora of examples here, some applicable to myself, and some applicable to others I've run with. I lead a lot of trials groups (even currently) and it's inevitable that something "dumb" or "silly" will happen. One of the more recent ones occurred about a week ago, when taking someone who'd never done HRC before on one of our weekly runs:

After the group splits, fights the two bosses separately, and then regroups near the war horn to take on the large group of gargoyles, flame-shapers and other trash. We typically just nuke the whole group of enemies anymore, but this time we went back to the "old" method of stacking behind the pillar so that the new guy could get his achievement for blowing the horn. He/she was unprepared for the knockback from the trash, and went flying off the edge of the mountain.

It's sad and hilarious at the same time. I've done this myself, and many of my friends have too. I suppose in a case like this, we all earned our right to laugh at it. It can be frustrating to have to run all the way back to the group from the start, but it definitely provided a bit of entertainment for us all. :)
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I took a character out of retirement in December. Had been benched right before Undaunted Pledges started and was missing a couple of vet dungeons for basic completions. Ran a vet pledge for one of those dungeons, but forgot to complete the story quest at the end and left the dungeon to turn in the pledge. Sooooo... crap. I will one day return and destroy that sigil :neutral:
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options
  • AnyOldIron
    AnyOldIron
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst randomly wandering around Wrothgar late one night, I spotted a group of goblins. There were two or three other players just stood a short distance off, not doing anything. Not really thinking, I dived straight in and starting laying into the Goblins. After a while the other players joined in and then all hell broke loose. That's when I realised I had inadvertantly begun the King Chief Edu boss and the other players must have been waiting for a larger group. Oops!
    Thankfully we we got through it, and afterwards I sheepishly slunk away in embarrassment :*
    Options
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I took a character out of retirement in December. Had been benched right before Undaunted Pledges started and was missing a couple of vet dungeons for basic completions. Ran a vet pledge for one of those dungeons, but forgot to complete the story quest at the end and left the dungeon to turn in the pledge. Sooooo... crap. I will one day return and destroy that sigil :neutral:

Just noticed tonight that I missed a skyshard in a delve about 10 levles ago
    Think I'll slink off and do it now when nobody will be around to notice
    Its one thing to do a public dungeon when overlevelled but a delve, how embarassing :blush:
    EU PC.
    Options
  • JasminaChillibeaner
    A friend sent me materials and tempers to make two pieces of gold VR16 gear...

I upgraded the wrong pieces.

It worked out well for him; I ended up improving the right bits with my own alloys!
    PC/EU/EP
    Leader of Constellation
    PvE Templar Healer and Achievement Hunter
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just beat my own "oops" moment with a new one tonight...

Doing crafting writs... enchanting...

Instead of ... Repora+Ta+Deni.... built Repora+Ta+... Hakeijo.....

Needless to say that decon gave me back... the Ta...

FML !!! :

Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just beat my own "oops" moment with a new one tonight...

Doing crafting writs... enchanting...

Instead of ... Repora+Ta+Deni.... built Repora+Ta+... Hakeijo.....

Needless to say that decon gave me back... the Ta...

FML !!! :

Well, at least... umm... yeah I got nothing.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think my favorite oops moment was totally not crafting a piece of V16 gear under a set and then realizing it about 10 days later. ALL THOSE MATS... I got 3 back. I had a sad.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
    Options
  • Kaktus
    Kaktus
    ✭✭✭
    I was exploring Cyrodil with my brother, grabbing a skyshard in this little village when we get jumped by Dominion troops. My brother goes down fighting, I switch to my escape ability bar, go cloaked and start to run for it. I get away, then come back when its clear to try to resurrect him... And I have the wrong level soul gems. And the Dominion troops come back... So I tell my brother to respawn and I start running. I'm sprinting trying to get back to the fort to rejoin him, when I notice a sorcerer right behind me constantly hitting me with a low damage spell. I go to use werewolf for the sprint boost and... I was on the wrong ability bar, so I wasted the ultimate.

Eventually make it to an orchard and notice I've gotten away, so I jump on my horse and go to check my map. I turn around to see if the sorcerer is still coming and... He's right there with his buddies. If I hadn't stopped I would have gotten away clean.

Another time, my brother and I were exploring around Cropsford, and come upon this hill in a clearing full of troops from all three alliances. My brother decides he might as well join the fight, rushes into it and gets slaughtered. I hang back in the trees seeing what's up, and... It wasn't a battle at all. Just a bunch of folks from all alliances getting together, and my brother rushed in to attack without seeing what's up.

There was a quest in Greenshade where you have to visit a plane of Oblivion to help take back an Ayleid ruin. Near the end of it, I'm running to the next objective when I notice a bridge, and below the bridge was what looked like explorable terrain. So I jump down and... Nope, its a crevice. The only thing explorable about it was being able to crawl to the edge and jump into the void.
    Options