The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Favorite "Oops" moment?

• l.ys
    l.ys
    ✭✭
    I bought a 250K tel var housing storage unit under the belief that I can sell it for gold, that was a special kind of messing up for me lol. All of my mistakes are expensive and awful
    All hardmode trials done on NA
    @Rostelore ingame user.
    Main templar healer
  • Kristo33
    Kristo33
    ✭✭
    Remembered first one, not so mutch wow moment, but facepalm myself moment. When I was like 10h into game, went to wayshrine and wanted to travel, as you do there. Instead I acsepted duell....adnd found myself dead in notime...I facepalmed myself and remembered before push Acsept/yes button, give it a brief read, to see what you actually acsepting...
  • ZOS_Chris
    ZOS_Chris
    Community Rep
    Testing out a new offensive Spell in a City to see how it looks, forgetting you have Prevent Attacking Innocents disabled.

CjRgEBuWUAEdl6T.jpg
    Staff Post
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Chris wrote: »
    Testing out a new offensive Spell in a City to see how it looks, forgetting you have Prevent Attacking Innocents disabled.

CjRgEBuWUAEdl6T.jpg

Sooo.. which spell? :smirk:
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember that i wanted to introduce a friend of me to group dungeons so i persuaded him to queue with me.
    But i accidently clicked like the wrong role because i wanted to explain it to him and looked at the description...
    yeah it was the fastest queue ever for me and it didnt took long too. (it was pre-OT i guess?)

I can't remember what Dungeon it was, i guess it was Darskshade Caverns?
    Well, there were mobs at the very start and we all happily headed to them and started to kill and getting killed...
    The two other people were mad and yelling at me and then i realised that i accidently have clicked healer as my role *facepalm*
    obviously that one friend of me hated groupdungeons because of this because he was new and didnt understood what just happened omg lol it was so hilarious and embarassing ... Haha, Oops.
    if you think about how today people just queue as a healer and don't heal and nobody gives a F- i guess it was the wrong time to make a mistake hehe ;)c

Funnily enough you can meet me now as a real healer in dungeons *winks*
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
  • mjonis
    mjonis
    Well 2 so far:

1) did not know that you could walk up to the wayshrine and travel and not pay (here I am firing up the map and paying gold to travel). Duh.

2) This one kinda ticked me off. Got level 15 (or was it 16) and supposed to get my free 10 bank slot upgrade. Doesn't show up. Came over here and find out it's a bug, but yet not a bug. Apparently because I had spent 200 gold to get my first INVENTORY upgrade, you then no longer get your free BANK upgrade.

Grrrr
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasted SO MANY gold tempers on stupid, underpowered armor and weapons my first few months of playing. The worst was when I golded a lightning staff that wasn't part of a set.
    It was just a worthless drop I got at a dolmen. I spent gold tempers on it. :s
  • drake88131
    drake88131
    ✭✭✭
    Golfing out a sword and board only to realize I hadn't hit the button to make the actual crafted set I wanted. That stung
  • nomikkh
    nomikkh
    scorpiodog wrote: »
    I wonder how far away from shore I can swim ...

But... for the cheevo?

In a fit of deconning items I misclilcked and deconned the restoration staff I got in the CWC trial. The one that's part of a 1-piece set, yeah.

RIP my friend, we hardly got to know each other.
  • Sekero
    Sekero
    ✭✭✭
    nomikkh wrote: »
    scorpiodog wrote: »
    I wonder how far away from shore I can swim ...

But... for the cheevo?

In a fit of deconning items I misclilcked and deconned the restoration staff I got in the CWC trial. The one that's part of a 1-piece set, yeah.

RIP my friend, we hardly got to know each other.

Oh my! I feel for you. I did that several times (not on such a valuable Item) so now when I get something good that I can/will use, I immediately lock it.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever crafted and upgraded an armour set then accidently deconstructed it right after trying to get a few mats for weapons?

Doing writs with CP160 stuff. Crafting Cp160 gear that's not a set.

Buying back all that crap you just sold because you're in the wrong tab.

Trying to kill someone with Vigor in PVP because you're on the wrong bar.

Starting the 'Unfinished dolmen' thinking it's just a normal one... yeh the list goes on.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My first time in VDSA. When it was new/still hard. I was a healer. We got to the end boss and back then you had to do the mechanic where he pulls you in and drops you heal springs like mad....get through the whole damn thing succeed at tanking boss and I never tanked anything at all ever, as we did back then but slightly different strat...so anyway- had like 12-15 lives left and we are nearly at the end, heal springs phase (execute) and I sneezed, misclicked and RD backward and wipe the group.

All of our spirit were so broken, dumb errors were made 2 more times and that was it. We did not clear that round.

Had to start over.

My tank said I destroyed his soul.

This was in Daydrunk (later Purple for those who don't recall Vitoss' old guild) 110 years ago xD
    Edited by Mureel on April 17, 2018 4:15PM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My first time healing VAA - back when siege shield on 2nd boss was a thing...and we all horse jumped....and going over the bridge on horses for jump one guy fell off. Of course I mocked him (we all did!) and after sticking the landing on horse jump, I accidentally walked off the back ledge backwards, we were showing how to stack, healers in back for CP, and I backed off the edge.

My first time dpsing, they said go middle and crouch, take a few steps back - I took 3 and fell off.

I do all these things to make other players feel better about themselves!
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    Discovering Storm Knight had a 100% uptime for a few weeks. It was glorious.
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

Dark Elf DK - Grand Overlord - (Xbox) NA - 129K Kills
    Orc Stamblade - Level 10 (Xbox)
    Argonian Templar - Level 23 (PC) (Auriels Bow Graduate (Retired))
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Standing on a wayshrine and paying to travel. And the sad thing is.........I've lost count of how many times I do this. :/
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Gamingdays
    Gamingdays
    ✭✭
    Where do I start? Lol
    1) Running a vet dungeon as healer and spam the wrong skill because your on the wrong bar (it was a no death run.... on the last boss)
    2) Going into pvp and enraging the emp so he has an entire army after you lol
    3) The most embarrassing thing ever accidentally inviting someone to a group when attempting to travel to them
    This is just to name a few :smile:
  • jokeaccount
    jokeaccount
    ✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    Standing on a wayshrine and paying to travel. And the sad thing is.........I've lost count of how many times I do this. :/

The worst is when something or someone attacks you while you're at the wayshrine - the map stays up, but it's secretly booted you out of the wayshrine menu and into the regular game map. So if you ignore whatever's attacking you and just fast travel away, you still pay for a wayshrine even though you're standing right there.
    Edited by jokeaccount on May 1, 2018 12:32PM
  • teltow
    teltow
    ✭✭✭
    I accidentally deconstructed Nirn weapons I just bought for analysis. Three times =)
    And two Nirn armour parts. Well, one of them I deconstructed bc I thought maybe I can get the Nirn back if I do so. Nope.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the upgrade that allows any race any alliance. I'm EP all the way even with my alts. So imagine my surprise when I hit level 10 with my Kahjiit alt and jump into PvP only to find I'm....I'm... <sigh> DELETE and start over.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »
    I have the upgrade that allows any race any alliance. I'm EP all the way even with my alts. So imagine my surprise when I hit level 10 with my Kahjiit alt and jump into PvP only to find I'm....I'm... <sigh> DELETE and start over.

You're... you're...???
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First set I golded out was Vicious Death

Ran that puppy for 3-4 months in PvE before i realized it did nothing.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Killed someone on IC and said YES!!!! on TS then realizing it was a guild mate that was also on same TS.
  • Lilyanne
    Lilyanne
    ✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »

You're... you're...???

AD; I guess. If you don't change the alliance the race will be created with their regular listed alliance.

I have lots of "Oopsiiiie"-Moments. :blush::D I've just recently shared dailies in Wrothgar with a friend and we agreed to go to the boss and call out for more people. Yeah, no problem. They were calling for more to join us, I "led the way" to the boss *cough cough* and we ended up doing the wrong one and I have NO idea why. I've done these bosses so often and I still mess them up every now and then. They were too polite to say something, haha. It was still good fun. :)

The amount of gold I've wasted on armory that I've later shredded just to buy and/or craft it again is too high as well.
    Hello, I'm a huge goat enthusiast.
  • Fallenlords
    Fallenlords
    ✭✭
    Couple of players were attacking a Group Boss/Monster type thing (I didn't know at the time), so I thought I would help. After getting my butt kicked I sort of ran, pulled the boss out of the area and it regenerated all its lost health. They were not too happy ... which is understandable. Especially as it was nearly dead before I got involved. It was an honest mistake (so much of this game I don't understand).
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Couple of players were attacking a Group Boss/Monster type thing (I didn't know at the time), so I thought I would help. After getting my butt kicked I sort of ran, pulled the boss out of the area and it regenerated all its lost health. They were not too happy ... which is understandable. Especially as it was nearly dead before I got involved. It was an honest mistake (so much of this game I don't understand).

LOL! Someone did that to me just tonight. He started fighting a world boss by himself and almost died so I ran in and healed him and started helping to fight. Then he ran away, pulling the boss with him and the boss reset to full health. Needless to say, I got the hell out of there (I can't do WB's alone). I didn't get upset......I understood why he ran away. He was low level. What I don't understand is why he ran in there in the first place.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Joshua261
    Joshua261
    ✭✭✭
    Me and my mate and 2 randoms were in Veteran Vaults of Madness, and we do all kinds of crazy pulls, including 2 mob packs, the Watcher boss and the Titan Boss, so all gets pulled together, I get knocked through the floor so I'm completely stuck, next thing you know the Titan Boss jumps through the floor onto me, with 1% health left, I kill it and get loot and no-one else can, and I can't loot the Watcher boss
    Joshua Doom- Imperial Templar
    Mr Altmer- High elf sorcerer
    Silent Destroyer- Khajiit nightblade
    Heals-with-scales- Argonian Templar
    Cat Sorc-- Khajiit sorcerer
    The poison expert- Imperial Dragonknight
    Templar Destroyer- High Elf Templar
    Nooby Warden- High Elf Warden
    Poisonous Noob- Redguard Dragonknight
    Death-by-Magicka- Dark Elf Nightblade
    Sinisterblade- Redguard Warden
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joshua261 wrote: »
    Me and my mate and 2 randoms were in Veteran Vaults of Madness, and we do all kinds of crazy pulls, including 2 mob packs, the Watcher boss and the Titan Boss, so all gets pulled together, I get knocked through the floor so I'm completely stuck, next thing you know the Titan Boss jumps through the floor onto me, with 1% health left, I kill it and get loot and no-one else can, and I can't loot the Watcher boss

Bonus points for a double glitch.

Last month I forgot that I had the bounce back ability for bow in a certain slot on an alt I hadn't been on for a while and went back over a small ledge into a pack of mobs.

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I wasn't enjoying the new Antiquities system as much as I had hoped, especially since I've got some experience with archaeology in the real world, and then I realized:

1. Rather than riding around and around and around for an hour looking for the dig site I can equip the scrying stone to my quickbar and activate it to get a "pointer", similar to archaeology in World of Warcraft.

2. I didn't realize you could also use the scrying stone to get a better idea of where the antiquity is when you are excavating, so I was doing the blind via a systematic grid survey.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg