The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Favorite "Oops" moment?

• scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how far away from shore I can swim ...
  • filthymushroom
    Ehhh...

Pressing the synergy button on the Warrior in Hard Mode...
    Yes, I like mushrooms...

filthymushroom VR16 Breton Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
    sillymushroom VR16 Imperial Dragonknight (Tank, Magicka DPS)
    nastymushroom VR16 Breton Templar (Healer, Magicka DPS)
    thirstymushroom Level 45 Breton Nightblade (Magicka DPS)

Legends of the Benelux, de grootste Nederlandse AD guild in ESO. Vragen of lid worden, stuur mij een bericht. (PC)
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ehhh...

Pressing the synergy button on the Warrior in Hard Mode...

Yup, once had someone wipe our whole group (wasn't even me)

scorpiodog wrote: »
    I wonder how far away from shore I can swim ...
    Wondered the same thing when I started playing, seeing as how I was an Argonian and all.

Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No-Death run on vet City of Ash. Got all the way to the end, and one person fell off the bridges into the lava. Smh... haha.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    No-Death run on vet City of Ash. Got all the way to the end, and one person fell off the bridges into the lava. Smh... haha.

lol I've done that, because someone casted rapid maneuvre while I was riding with full speed... but I managed to survive at least.... I died later, when the tank lost aggro of a flesh atronach, and he was the one who needed the no-death run :p
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »

lol I've done that, because someone casted rapid maneuvre while I was riding with full speed... but I managed to survive at least.... I died later, when the tank lost aggro of a flesh atronach, and he was the one who needed the no-death run :p

Lol, yeah this has happened a few times that I recall. I'm guilty of it at least once too.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Favorite oops moment was a certain named EP NA PC elite guild was sieging an undefended ash I was all by myself and my group was up north. I snuck out of ash with dawnbreaker of smithing and Camo hunter and snuck up on an "anonymous" player. I had and inviso pot (or ten) and rapid maneuvers and three pieces of Cyrodil ward so I was superfast. I one shotted him and went Invis. About 18 ppl chased me for over 10 minutes around the keep across the map and I got away from them all. My friends went to ash repaired the walls. They hate whispered me like nothing you have ever seen still have the screen grabs. They trolled me for weeks and would Zerg me down every chance they got for months. I trolled back... It was so fun would I do it again... Heck yea!
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite oops moment would have to be way back in the beginning, when they were still INSISTING you could play any way you wanted to. I decided to take that to the limit. I made a Wood elf mag dk. Yep. She's my full time crafter now lol, only goes adventuring when I need to pick up more skyshards for her. Compared to my High Elf mag DK, my crafter is total crap and I am doing too much else to deal with changing her now.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Vifen
    Vifen
    ✭✭✭
    Accidently sent 40k to random player by misstyping the name. He returned them back thank god!
    PC EU

G Strongarm - 50 sorc
    Vifen Ah - 50 dk crafter
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vifen wrote: »
    Accidently sent 40k to random player by misstyping the name. He returned them back thank god!

This reminds me of my old recipe provider. He was a really nice guy I met in low level area, and he was enthusiastic about farming + buying and reselling recipes... I got him on my friends list, and he would sell me all kinds of recipes, specially low level green ones that I needed for my multiple chars.

He most often sent me money with the recipes instead of COD them lol so I wrote him a mail explaining things, and sent back his gold + payment.

..recently I was mistaken for someone els and the person was about to send me 200k ...well after explaining that I had plans to rob the guy the money was intended to, he sent me the money anyways >:)
    ...the guy I was mistaken for was my bf, and yes I take his shiny coins for skooma deliveries.
  • Kozai
    Kozai
    ✭✭✭
    I'm attempting to drop off a writ, or talk to an NPC, and the mouse drifts slightly onto an object as I hit the key without my noticing, and I "steal' something right in front of a guard. Particularly problematic indoors. . .
  • Fellenore_Ewalion
    Fellenore_Ewalion
    ✭✭✭
    The day I died in Cyro but received a death recap like if it was a PvE area.

wtf_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Edited by Fellenore_Ewalion on March 17, 2016 8:33PM
    My Great House Telvanni did not join the Pact.
    But it does not mean I don't want to be Emperor.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It still helps new players to see that others make mistakes or have accidents. It's still funny to see how people have played the game over the years.

New or vet, tell us what your favorite oops moment.

Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two from yesterday, with nice synchronicity.

I was trying to get WW on a character I am dusting off, so my guildmate built ult to transform and then... hit me with Dawnbreaker.

Now, later in the day I am running a pledge and go to hit my Dawnbreaker and... turn into a werewolf.

*sigh*

• gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My oops moment is when i still siege an outpost and i didnt notice that is already owned by my alliance.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    My oops moment is when i still siege an outpost and i didnt notice that is already owned by my alliance.

That seems to a happen quite often.

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oops, indeed. Just knocked a mob into the ceiling in Coldrock Digging using Poison Injection...

???

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many people have trashed or vendored housing item recipes because they didn't know that they weren't one-shot things you had to find each time you wanted to make something but rather consumed to learn a pattern?

Because I'm pretty since Homestead dropped I'm gonna guess I've done that at least dozens of times since I kind of saw all of the housing stuff as "the same" and needed to clear space in my inventory...

Yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnJIbdRc7wA

Edited by tinythinker on April 6, 2018 12:32PM

• Aela_Dragonrider
    Aela_Dragonrider
    ✭✭✭
    I've only been doing ESO for about a month and...

1: My first character is EP and she's in Bal Foyen doing some quests, one of which sends her to a fort west of the town. Well, she heads out the north gate (didn't know there was gate on the fort side at the time) and sets off around the city walls. As she passes the westernmost gate, she sees an armored warrior right outside the city, knocks him down with Stone Fist...and he was a guard! Was so horrified that I let him kill me.
    That was the first time I ever died. The second was jumping off a cliff as a SHORTCUUUUuuuuuut.....splat!

2: My second character did her first Group Dungeon, Fungal Grotto 1, with a proper group...Though that run did have two of us trying to fight one boss as the other two ran off to another and i think we all died numerous times before we finally regrouped. I leave the group to offload stuff, come back, and join up with someone from the previous run to do Fungal Grotto...2. Just us two. I was level 20-something and he was not much more than 15. We died very, very quickly. At least twice.
    Then we were still idiots enough to try Fungal 1 ourselves. Got halfway before we got wise and left.

3: My second character is in a group with two others farming bosses in Glenumbra. She's a WW and one of my groupmates (is that the proper term?) requests a bite. After giving myself the perk and readying my transformation ultimate we go in search of a WW shrine only get royally lost wandering the Rift in search of the shrine were I got my bite. Which is actually in Bangkorai. And we found the Rift one only because my other groupmate finally looked it up.
    What makes this an 'oops'? The Rift shrine is where I ended up after become a WW myself! I had already been there but had never realized it!

4: I've had my share of accidental 'Banzai' charges and 'Ultimates-in-the-Bank' but even worse was this: I was doing the quest in Mournhold where you go into the Mournhold sewers. I was using WW form to clear enemies and rushed into a large room to kill some enemies as I was running out of time on it. Except it was filled with way more hostile npcs than I thought. So WW runs out, I'm getting mobbed, and I go to use a Health Potion from my Quickslot. Turns out I had set Almalexia's Lantern to my active slot because I wanted to see what it did and I hadn't had time to try it out. So I die surrounded by a beautiful glowing orb.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only been doing ESO for about a month and...
    Welcome!
    1: That was the first time I ever died. The second was jumping off a cliff as a SHORTCUUUUuuuuuut.....splat!
    Yeah cliff diving is a popular "oops" experience.
    2: My second character did her first Group Dungeon, Fungal Grotto 1, with a proper group...Though that run did have two of us trying to fight one boss as the other two ran off to another and i think we all died numerous times before we finally regrouped. I leave the group to offload stuff, come back, and join up with someone from the previous run to do Fungal Grotto...2. Just us two. I was level 20-something and he was not much more than 15. We died very, very quickly. At least twice.
    Then we were still idiots enough to try Fungal 1 ourselves. Got halfway before we got wise and left.
    Still, it's fun to test your limits. And sometimes in such runs you can make friends while learning; especially painful, deathful learning.
    3: My second character is in a group with two others farming bosses in Glenumbra. She's a WW and one of my groupmates (is that the proper term?) requests a bite. After giving myself the perk and readying my transformation ultimate we go in search of a WW shrine only get royally lost wandering the Rift in search of the shrine were I got my bite. Which is actually in Bangkorai. And we found the Rift one only because my other groupmate finally looked it up.
    What makes this an 'oops'? The Rift shrine is where I ended up after become a WW myself! I had already been there but had never realized it!
    I left a delve once after forgetting I hadn't finished the quest that sent me there, returned to the quest giver, and had to go back.
    4: I've had my share of accidental 'Banzai' charges and 'Ultimates-in-the-Bank' but even worse was this: I was doing the quest in Mournhold where you go into the Mournhold sewers. I was using WW form to clear enemies and rushed into a large room to kill some enemies as I was running out of time on it. Except it was filled with way more hostile npcs than I thought. So WW runs out, I'm getting mobbed, and I go to use a Health Potion from my Quickslot. Turns out I had set Almalexia's Lantern to my active slot because I wanted to see what it did and I hadn't had time to try it out. So I die surrounded by a beautiful glowing orb.
    You'll die a lot in this game. Might as well look good while your at it. :tongue:

• GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't paying attention to the level and my guy and went from lvl 49 to 510 at the last boss fight .... Went from doing "meh" damage to hitting with wet cabbage leaves. Least it was just FG1 so still managed pretty easy ... though have a good respect for gear levels now :s
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wraith66 wrote: »
    Wasn't paying attention to the level and my guy and went from lvl 49 to 510 at the last boss fight .... Went from doing "meh" damage to hitting with wet cabbage leaves. Least it was just FG1 so still managed pretty easy ... though have a good respect for gear levels now :s

Ouch. Hope you were able to get geared back up quickly and able to start smashing things again!

• GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wraith66 wrote: »

Ouch. Hope you were able to get geared back up quickly and able to start smashing things again!

Poor fella's been downgraded to crafter until further notice
  • AshenArtifice
    AshenArtifice
    ✭✭✭
    Attempting to use Soul Trap on a mudcrab, but an NPC wandered in front of me just as I fired, so I got them instead.
    Also, accidentally using Lightning Form in an area crowded with killable NPCs and getting a pretty big bounty from it.

So in general, accidentally hurting/killing NPCs.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An 'oops' moment recently was roll-dodging off the Mage's platform... at least the view was pretty:

TVDq1ON.jpg

(to add insult to injury, I couldn't even loot afterwards :lol:)
  • Jazz_Funk
    Jazz_Funk
    ✭✭✭
    Made a “Faux Pas”” this week. With the piles of motifs, we are all accumulating from the event I decided to clean out the guild bank of the guild I run. After selling and deconstructing numerous items and replacing it my own, including 8 buoyant armiger motifs I realized I had cleaned out the wrong guild bank. Managed to get all my stuff back but still feeling somewhat guilty and foolish for taking items that didn’t belong to me.
  • Kristo33
    Kristo33
    ✭✭
    Ok, Im new to game, yesterday, running around looking crafting nodes and just explored, didnt pay mutch attention to surroundings aaand found some nice place. Looked around tought damn its beutiful aaand I was dead, WB spawned right behind me...I had no clue....
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    An 'oops' moment recently was roll-dodging off the Mage's platform... at least the view was pretty:

TVDq1ON.jpg

(to add insult to injury, I couldn't even loot afterwards :lol:)
    Did it once, but did not remember the look much because of the shock.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Did it once, but did not remember the look much because of the shock.

I was a bit shocked too, but as the fight progressed, I had time to look around and take a few screenshots. Also, there wasn't a skyshard to be found down there, which was quite rude, tbh :tongue:
  • Arkray
    Arkray
    ✭✭✭
    I went to Wrothgar to craft something and I accidentally fell off a cliff, received the "Wrothgar cliff jumper" achievement.
    "Ah, magic! The solution to all life's problems. I love magic! It's so... magical."