The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Not going back to veteran Maelstrom Arena until it is nerfed on consoles.

• Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you sure? The polymorph looks pretty nice ^^

hMl3eNU.jpg
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options
  • Ethromelb14_ESO
    Ethromelb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thelon wrote: »
    Zenimax,

While you're at it... Can you'll make another new title distinguishing between those that have done arena on normal and those that have completed it on veteran?

@Ethromelb14_ESO

Its already there.

Normal - Maelstrom Arena Champion
    Veteran - Stormproof
    No Death Veteran - The Flawless Conquerer

Thanks, good to know.
    Motto: Make deceivers believers.

Strength of character is not a physical thing. -E
    Walking a mile in someone else's shoes, has nothing to do with the path taken. -E

An accusation of elitism, is an indirect recognition of one's own inferiority. -E

The best way to prove someone wrong, is to do better yourself. -E

I keep forgetting to remember to get a photographic memory.
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    nurf everything, nurf it hard
    also, nurf well-fitted, too stronk

Of course one of the top players in the game and is part of the 1% elicits a trollish response and feels that the dungeon is not hard enough. That is why there should be a hardcore mode for people like you.
    Edited by Justice31st on December 16, 2015 2:52PM
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
    Options
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Yea this is the only challenge in the game at the moment, but really anyone can do it with a few hours of practice here or there. It's not that hard people.
    That is true, it really is the only challenge left in the game PvE wise because everything has been nerfed into the ground. But that said, 95% of the community is not ready for this solo play, and here is why

ESO is very demanding combat system, you're either geared right or you're not. Honestly I blame all the people who wanted SOLO content and not GROUP content, back when Orsinium was announced and the content was teased I posted this http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/222134/orsinium-where-is-the-raid-group-play/p1

A lot of people in the thread were happy for Maelstrom and they wanted the solo content, now that it is out I wonder how many people in there have actually beaten it and how many of them are competitive with it, that said it is clear that Maelstrom is quickly dying out as there is no reward, no gear grind, nothing to sell, no motivation to keep running it.

ZOS took the wrong direction and as I said, they should have released a trial or a new 4man/2man arena before solo content. The first proper PvE content in over a year was a solo arena; an extremely challenging one that hardly any of the players are even ready for or geared to do so.

The so called "solo" players are the ones who are taking the game in a direction it wasn't even meant to be in, the whole point and advertised was ESO to be an MMO, the combat system is resolved around synergies. And it really shines out in solo play that some classes are clearly not made for this type of thing.

I really liked your post few days back describing why MA should have benn 2 man arena. Would be so much better.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
    Options
  • Cîanai
    Cîanai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    nurf everything, nurf it hard
    also, nurf well-fitted, too stronk

Of course one of the top players in the game and is part of the 1% elicits a trollish response and feels that the dungeon is not hard enough. That is why there should be a hardcore mode for people like you.

There should be a hardcore mode, yes. Current hardest mode (veteran) is way to easy.
    Options
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zenimax,

Please leave the veteran arena the way it is. If you have to make any changes... then just add a third in between mode for the complainers having difficulty, but wanting to still be counted among the best.

I noticed you said before you're a melee dps. Your opinion on the matter may soon change. I really hope you're not a stamina build. Full gold v16 gear and a buttload of cp's won't save you unless you use one of like, maybe 2 builds and skill rotations for it and make little to no mistakes all the way through. I would definitely advise researching and copying those builds immediately to save future headaches.
    Edited by Callous2208 on December 16, 2015 3:39PM
    Options
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any sorc on console that cannot do this needs to leave, seriously just get your kena shoulders at V16 we all pretty much have them now, farm a V1 kena helm, all Julianos and Willpower and just build overload to the max for each final round and gun down all the last bosses, so simple they fry on procd overload light attacks it's stupidly easy once you've done it once., you'l be hitting well over 4k spdmg on proc and gain all your magika back for mages wrath...not hard at all.

Magika tanks, again easy but a bit slower, other classes I cannot comment on, but the fact you can fear and de-aggro all enemies and always get crit hits and heals with a Stam nightblade ( I am yet to attempt ) seriously cannot be that hard.

test should just be, if you can wreck VWGT and VICP then you shouldn't have a problem with this, if you are then...well your team in dungeons must be carrying you through.

A beast WW build should roll over most of the rounds too, but any sorc struggling the easy path is above. no videos required just burn them down with a proc'd overload.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
    Options
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerf basketball.
    No, don't nerf the NBA.
    I'm talking the orange ball and hoop.
    I could beat any of you in a game of HORSE.
    Nerf that.

It ain't easy being green.
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xantaria wrote: »
    Paulington wrote: »
    To assuage some curiosity, I decided I needed to do Veteran Maelstrom Arena with a PS4 controller to prove that whilst it makes it harder, it does not make it impossible.

https://youtu.be/uHzr7kQycbs

This is the last boss, it was easy enough, not as easy as with KB+M but just fine. This is my first ever run with a controller and I managed to do it with one death to a total screen freeze that locked my screen for over seven seconds and caused me to die, otherwise it would have been Flawless. The "extra" death I had was because I forgot to wayshrine to repair my gear so I just suicided. :).

To finish vMA you need decent gear for your class in at least purple quality, a decent amount of CP (150 or so) and just to practice, practice and practice. Spend a few sessions wiping and using 500 soul gems and you will learn it so you never really die anymore.

This content is not too difficult, however I would like for it to have a save function that meant you weren't eligible for leaderboards as I do recognise some people have issues with this and it doesn't affect anyone else so why not? Once you get practiced and do it 10 or so times you will be doing a whole run in less than ninety minutes, I am sure the majority of ESO players can sit down and play ESO for ninety minutes just fine without having their cat catch fire or having the ceiling cave in.

I think the vitriol and sensationalism needs to stop surrounding vMA. Yes, it is hard but not impossible. Spend time practicing and refining your setup and you will do just fine.

For the curious, I also did it without addons:

https://youtu.be/8kGGFVoN9lw

Same thing, harder but nowhere near impossible.

This just shows that the console guys (plebs) are just bad at MMOs ... they don't have the experience needed to cope with content like this. Look how easy this guy clears it with a PS4 Controller and no Addons. The only difference between you and him is his experience. In other words: L2P issue! Console people are not used to work towards something. Not calling all of you out but those who complain.

Its not only a LtP issue, some players like me are older and not as fast as players who are in there twenties, i have solod Craglorn bosses and group delves in the past but Vmsa is much harder and i cant complete it even with legendary gear and capped cp. Just to many mechanics at the same time to handle.

It's not an age limitation, it's a limitation caused by atrophy in your twitch reflexes. Work on them long enough and you'll do them just as well as any 20 year old. I watched an unarmed 80 year old effortlessly disarm two 6th Dan Black Belts as they attacked him with katanas. The guy moved faster than I can because he practices all day every day. The same is true of anyone.

I used to game and practice for 18 hours a day back in the day and was able to compete at the national level. I don't game nearly as much as I used and my reflexes as a result are not what they used to be.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any sorc on console that cannot do this needs to leave, seriously just get your kena shoulders at V16 we all pretty much have them now, farm a V1 kena helm, all Julianos and Willpower and just build overload to the max for each final round and gun down all the last bosses, so simple they fry on procd overload light attacks it's stupidly easy once you've done it once., you'l be hitting well over 4k spdmg on proc and gain all your magika back for mages wrath...not hard at all.

Magika tanks, again easy but a bit slower, other classes I cannot comment on, but the fact you can fear and de-aggro all enemies and always get crit hits and heals with a Stam nightblade ( I am yet to attempt ) seriously cannot be that hard.

test should just be, if you can wreck VWGT and VICP then you shouldn't have a problem with this, if you are then...well your team in dungeons must be carrying you through.

A beast WW build should roll over most of the rounds too, but any sorc struggling the easy path is above. no videos required just burn them down with a proc'd overload.

Not everyone is capable or willing to spend the 5+ hours required in a single sessions to use that strategy.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    I WANT IT NOW

Gooses, geeses
    I want my geese to lay gold eggs for easter
    At least a hundred a day
    And by the way

I want a feast
    I want a bean feast
    Cream buns and doughnuts
    And fruitcake with no nuts
    So good you could go nuts

No, now

I want a ball
    I want a party
    Pink macaroons
    And a million balloons
    And performing baboons and
    Give it to me now

I want the world
    I want the whole world
    I want to lock it
    All up in my pocket
    It's my bar of chocolate
    Give it to me now

I want today
    I want tomorrow
    I want to wear 'em
    Like braids in my hair and
    I don't want to share 'em

I want a party with roomfuls of laughter
    Ten thousand tons of ice cream
    And if I don't get the things I am after
    I'm going to scream

I want the works
    I want the whole works
    Presents and prizes
    And sweets and surprises
    Of all shapes and sizes

And now

Don't care how, I want it now
    Don't care how, I want it now
    It ain't easy being green.
    Options
  • RaiseToTop
    RaiseToTop
    Soul Shriven
    I just want the fix for Arena 3 Stranglers the PC already got..... damn i hate them :(
    Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RaiseToTop wrote: »
    I just want the fix for Arena 3 Stranglers the PC already got..... damn i hate them :(

Its nothing compared to stage 6 and 7 imo.

So far I only died once in stage 3, in stage 6 and 7 Ive died over 50 times I guess.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RaiseToTop wrote: »

I am not alone in wanting the "pull" stranglers back, the new ones are a pain! Nowadays I actually have to kill the stranglers to do that arena whereas before I could just totally ignore the stranglers.

Of course I am bias, and the strangler fix was definitely needed. :).
    Options
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vMA isn't the issue... class balancing is the issue! :)
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
    Options
  • Cîanai
    Cîanai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats why they made classleaderboards.
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have steamrolled the Normal version no problem, its on Farm, i completed it my 1st try with only 2 deaths.

Veteran I have only had the time to try the 1st three rounds before i got interrupted and i just haven't been back there.

As far as I could tell though, its doable with enough time..the mechanics in the Vet version and normal version are identical from what i can see in the videos, the only difference is the mobs have more hp, more resistance, and hit harder, this alone makes it more challenging.

If i felt like investing the time, no doubt i could beat it, but why bother? the Maelstrom Weapons(staffs in my case) are simply not worth investing the time, and the sets that drop in their, crafted options are probably better.However thats not my issue.

Until there is a save option added, I won't bother with it. Its far too unhealthy to sit that long.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/apps/g/page/national/the-health-hazards-of-sitting/750/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2011216/How-sitting-desk-long-deadly-blood-clot.html

Its irrefutable that prolonged periods of sitting (5 hours at a time) is dangerous, you can develop blood clots that feel like nothing but a pulled muscle or minor discomfort could be building blood clots in your lungs or elsehwere that can kill you no matter how old or young you are.
    ‘If you sit for 90 minutes or more at a desk, the blood flow behind your knees decreases by 50 per cent, significantly increasing the chance of a DVT,’ says Professor Beverley Hunt, consultant in haematology at Guy’s & St Thomas’ Hospitals in London.

‘It is vital to take regular breaks every hour or so: get up, walk about, rotate your ankles and stretch out your calf muscles.’

Zenimax shouldn't be putting stuff like this in their game where people can't take breaks, in essence putting people at serious risk.....once you start VMA you can't walk away from it without having to start completely over and when your new just learning it spending hours on end is simply unhealthy and outright dangerous.

I make it a point that every 45 mins to an hour i get up, go get a drink, a cup of coffee, take my dog outside, and walk around for 15-20 mins, I refuse to sit in the same place for extended periods of time putting my health and life at risk.\

Im sorry but folks can say L2P and etc all they want, but its not worth anyone taking such a serious health risk let alone dying over it because people think it shouldn't have a save option and telling people to L2P and being forced to spend hours sitting because you will be forced to start over if you leave, log, or even walk away from your computer the game times out...no way. No game is worth risking your life over.

I have no problem with the difficulty, but i won't sit for hours at a time. I have to get up and walk around or do something every 45 mins to an hour, I will not just sit, its far too dangerous to do so.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • Slayyer-AUS
    Slayyer-AUS
    ✭✭✭
    SO MUCH HATE FOR VMSA GOOD JOB ZOS <3
    World first level 50 horse
    Options
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tried it a couple of times, noticed I died rather quickly, used a bunch of soul gems and potions and then had a "wtf am I doing this for ?" moment.

Left and will prob never try it again.

Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Nah i don't hate it, i actually like the idea of a good hard arena...putting in a save point won't make it any less harder then it is right now, and the majority will still complain its too hard to complete.

I won't however condone nor encourage behavior that puts peoples health and life at risk.

If you sit in front of your computer for more then an hour at a time without getting up for 15-20 mins and taking breaks, its not a matter of if its a matter of when you stand up one of these days and all of a sudden things start going black as your vision fades to black...i hope your smart enough to not do this, but if your not...i really hope you wake up in a hospital alive rather then your family speaking your Eulogy at the funeral home...because its not a joke...im serious as a heart attack...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2020462/Xbox-addict-20-killed-blood-clot-12-hour-gaming-sessions.html

that 20 year old kid is dead, he is just one of many examples, you don't have to be old to fall victim to this, and its a silent killer much like Stroke, you won't realize its happening to you until its too late......all from prolong periods of sitting playing a game...its not healthy and i will have no part in it...you have Dr's medical professionals with decades of experience telling you this is dangerous.

I know many of you want to complete this arena, but please i beg of you...don't sit at your computer or your Xbox for more then an hour without getting up for 15-20 minutes and taking a break and taking a walk...this is serious stuff, no game is worth putting yourself at risk of DVT(deep vein thrombosis) its a deadly killer...:(
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hawco10 wrote: »
    Tried it a couple of times, noticed I died rather quickly, used a bunch of soul gems and potions and then had a "wtf am I doing this for ?" moment.

Left and will prob never try it again.

That's what I said first time I entered vICP

Have cleared it easily since

That's what I said 2 weeks ago about vMA

Have cleared it in 1 hour and 30 minutes today.

It's costly I agree and I think it should offer at least free repair costs in between stages
    Options
  • RaiseToTop
    RaiseToTop
    Soul Shriven
    For myself i really think it's a l2p issue with this whole arena. (i'm on PS4)

Before Orsinium happened, i played my Magplar 90% of the time as a Healer, doing veteran pledges and all the other group content. Heal Heal Buff Shards Buff Repentance Heal all day long....

It was never an option for myself to play as a dd oder hybrid (which seems to be the way to go vor vMA) and i'm really struggling through this mess.

I like all the videos where people are burning through the stages like a hot knife through some ice, i'm not cappable of this :)

Maybe Magplar issue, more l2p issue, my last attempt got me to arena 3. And here i am with missing experience in dd rotations, i'm casting skills never used before.
    TL:DR - many deaths....

The reason i don't try this *** more often is it's to expensive. I can only speak for myself, but i can't afford a simple "try and error" run which costs 200 soul gems and 200 drink only to beat 2 or 3 stages before i have to go to bed because job...

I have no idea how much gold the playerbase on PC owns, with barely 150k gold in my pocket and only 3-4 hours time a day it's no option to try "every day".

Alchemy mats, soul gems, expensive as *** on PS4, repair costs apart.

All this was maybe perfectly calculated for PC, but not for us cheap ****ers. ;)

Options
  • Chieve
    Chieve
    ✭✭✭
    I know you say its catered primarily towards sorce...and granted, i am a sorc healer, but i disgaree worh you, mainly because i can get far in it with my sorc, and i can get just as far in it with my dk archer.

It just takes patience, practice, and understanding of how the boss works

And the point of maelstorm arena is to challenge you, something you will need to work on, its not supposed to be something you can just go through, its not supposed to have a reset button, you have to practice and hope next time you do better.

And im not just speaking for my dk, but my sorc too.

Again, patience is one of the biggest keys to getting fsr through it :]
    Please vote in the console text chat thread so ZoS can see how many people want text chat

...and dueling in the dueling thread but personally I want text chat first...
    Options
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Who actually has the mentality to spend 5hrs trying? Did you ever spend 5hrs on DSA or COA? Seriously you just gave up and got better before going back? Run away and live to fight another day. Not be rude but anyone must be *** to spend 5hrs doing the same rounds over and over and failing at it. That's a life fail right there. Lunacy. Should be just over an hour. If you cannot gun down the frost stage boss easily just walk away. It's the hardest dps race in the arena, fail at that and don't bother with the rest.

What needs to be established here over l2p is..I cannot pass the arena... post your gear and stats. Someone will be able to direct you how to build your gear, redistribute cp if needed and go from there its perfectly dooable on a bug free run.

So people who fail after 5hrs...post your spec, stats and gear
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
    Options
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who actually has the mentality to spend 5hrs trying? Did you ever spend 5hrs on DSA or COA? Seriously you just gave up and got better before going back? Run away and live to fight another day. Not be rude but anyone must be *** to spend 5hrs doing the same rounds over and over and failing at it. That's a life fail right there. Lunacy. Should be just over an hour. If you cannot gun down the frost stage boss easily just walk away. It's the hardest dps race in the arena, fail at that and don't bother with the rest.

What needs to be established here over l2p is..I cannot pass the arena... post your gear and stats. Someone will be able to direct you how to build your gear, redistribute cp if needed and go from there its perfectly dooable on a bug free run.

So people who fail after 5hrs...post your spec, stats and gear

Actually...I think I did spend 2-3 hours on VCOA when I first began to do it, and DSA, and Sanctum. But you do make a point, there should be better guides based on what people are running, rather than screaming "nerf"

@shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Nah i don't hate it, i actually like the idea of a good hard arena...putting in a save point won't make it any less harder then it is right now, and the majority will still complain its too hard to complete.

I won't however condone nor encourage behavior that puts peoples health and life at risk.

If you sit in front of your computer for more then an hour at a time without getting up for 15-20 mins and taking breaks, its not a matter of if its a matter of when you stand up one of these days and all of a sudden things start going black as your vision fades to black...i hope your smart enough to not do this, but if your not...i really hope you wake up in a hospital alive rather then your family speaking your Eulogy at the funeral home...because its not a joke...im serious as a heart attack...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2020462/Xbox-addict-20-killed-blood-clot-12-hour-gaming-sessions.html

that 20 year old kid is dead, he is just one of many examples, you don't have to be old to fall victim to this, and its a silent killer much like Stroke, you won't realize its happening to you until its too late......all from prolong periods of sitting playing a game...its not healthy and i will have no part in it...you have Dr's medical professionals with decades of experience telling you this is dangerous.

I know many of you want to complete this arena, but please i beg of you...don't sit at your computer or your Xbox for more then an hour without getting up for 15-20 minutes and taking a break and taking a walk...this is serious stuff, no game is worth putting yourself at risk of DVT(deep vein thrombosis) its a deadly killer...:(

Come on this is such a stupid argument I don't even begin to know how to counter it.

Anyone can easily get up and walk around in MSA for 20-25 minutes. If you want to "walk around" longer just wiggle your frikin mouse every 15 minutes.

We're talking about an MMO here. Most of your non-casual gamers play for 3-16 hour sessions at a time.

The whole issue with blood clots and all that is only an issue for certain people with other defects and they'll likely die from the same crap sitting at your desk for 8 hours a day.

Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Hope499
    Hope499
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a tank, I want to agree (hard for us...)

But as someone who likes having at LEAST one super hard thing to do in a game like this, I say leave it.

World bosses, trails, dungeons, story, its ALL been nerffed into an easy joke....leave us something thats hard....
    Tripped over my friends bra.....
    ..she is always setting booby traps!
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

Come on this is such a stupid argument I don't even begin to know how to counter it.

Anyone can easily get up and walk around in MSA for 20-25 minutes. If you want to "walk around" longer just wiggle your frikin mouse every 15 minutes.

We're talking about an MMO here. Most of your non-casual gamers play for 3-16 hour sessions at a time.

The whole issue with blood clots and all that is only an issue for certain people with other defects and they'll likely die from the same crap sitting at your desk for 8 hours a day.
    LOL, these forums my lord you hear the darndest things. Have you thought maybe you don't know how to begin to counter it because you have to grasp at straws to counter it, because it's sound science, and only a fool would wager otherwise?

"Most" non-casual gamers live a very unhealthy lifestyle. Does every one of them die from a blood clot? No.... but to postulate it's not a very real risk is just dumbfounding. It's just good advice, take it for what it is, move on. I recommend that anyone who does sit for this long a period of time take this advice. As for a reason to nerf, vMA, it's not, as you point out...it's easy to simply stand up every hour and wiggle the mouse.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    Ezareth wrote: »

LOL, these forums my lord you hear the darndest things. Have you thought maybe you don't know how to begin to counter it because you have to grasp at straws to counter it, because it's sound science, and only a fool would wager otherwise?

"Most" non-casual gamers live a very unhealthy lifestyle. Does every one of them die from a blood clot? No.... but to postulate it's not a very real risk is just dumbfounding. It's just good advice, take it for what it is, move on. I recommend that anyone who does sit for this long a period of time take this advice. As for a reason to nerf, vMA, it's not, as you point out...it's easy to simply stand up every hour and wiggle the mouse.

I'm not grasping at straws I'm already well aware of the issue and it's something that has been used to "scare" gamers for ages.

Being obese and having a genetic predisposition to developing blood clots (among other things for which you are already made aware if you qualify) make this a risk to you but seriously you're not going to develop DVT because you played a 2 or 3 hour video game. Even the CDC only says its a risk at over 4 hours. Look at the kids who are dying to this. They're playing for 12 hours + or they are giant tubs of crap. If you're a giant tub of crap you should be out jogging, not playing a video game, but you probably already know that anyways so you don't need to read it in a video game forum.

Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cîanai wrote: »

Thats why they made classleaderboards.

Ha, yea, they inadvertently have shown the class and race imbalance players have been screaming about forever and ZOS has thus far refused to acknowledge. Now lets see if they do anything about it.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

Options