The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Not going back to veteran Maelstrom Arena until it is nerfed on consoles.

• Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »
    When the cost of running the arena outweighs the benefit, it becomes stupid. This could be resolved as simply as giving free repairs while in the arena.
    Uhm... let's see... Maelstrom weapons? End game weapons. How much would you pay for one? If your answer is 50k, then yes: it is not beneficial (for you).
    Cathexis wrote: »
    For example my tank sorc will NEVER complete vet maelstrom, not because it's a poor role choice even, but just because he's a tank.
    Uhh... I have a tank. Do I go into vMA and expect to beat it in that gear? No. I crafted myself a new set just for vMA, bought Willpower jewlery, respecced my CP and attributes, and THEN I go vMA. That is the whole point of the solo arena. So that people get out of their boring old comfort gear and try new things.

Btw, you can be a tank with full attributes into magicka and 0 CP points into Block Expertise.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »

A WebMD and mayo clinic post? Might as well go pick up the sun lol. You really are just trolling now.

Umm, disregarding the fact you are insisting someone is a child/immature while continuing to argue with them in a battle to have the last word, what did you mean by the above? Web MD sure but...are you saying the Mayo Clinic is an invalid source for medical research?

I think their all pretty bad imo, one good truthful fact for every 20 made up/unproven/bs etc, WebMD is obviously far worse, but I believe all of these websites are bad, I've know people that have ignored serious health problems because a website said its not a problem, or others than have spent tons of time at their local doctors when they don't even need to go because a website said so.

All the websites do is make people hypochondriacs, if you belive even half of what they wrote you'd think the human race should be extinct by now.

On this point...I must concede I agree with you.

In general the Internet is a bad place nowdays, I'm only late twenties, but I remember when the internet was just a baby, you didn't spend hours on it googling crap, you didn't have it everywhere, you didn't ask it every bloody stupid question under the sun, if you had a game you couldn't beat? It was down to you and you alone to do.

It was a tool, like any other, few basic online services and information, not the craptastic amount of ads and stuff that's not acceptable, actual sick stuff is now praised on the internet.

I recently heard from someone about a forum, it was dedicated to people that have a certain STD and their goals in life were to infect as many people with the virus as possible, I kid you not, a forum with hundreds of members, gloating about how they've 'infected' someone else and they didn't even tell them..
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    Hey Folks, thought I would chime in here. I know that some people will be happy and some won't but we have no plans to adjust balance in Veteran Maelstrom Arena. Looking at the data, we are happy with the amount of progression that has been made as well as the nature of this aspirational content. I understand that this is not what some of you want to hear but, we are taking a look at some of the more frustrating parts of the Arena that do not affect balance.

Bugs of course are a top priority. We can take a look at these and address them to make sure they don't artificially inflate the challenge. You should see more on that in a future patch.

Things like Repair costs are something we are looking at to mitigate in particular. As for having to respec and Champion points being a big factor, that was the design behind this content. We want players to look at this and aspire to be able to beat it. It can be frustrating for sure, as is any content that is extremely difficult, but it is very rewarding when you make that turn and best the challenge.

One other thing that we are looking at, which is not planned nor on a schedule yet, is saving progress in Veteran Maelstrom. Its something we would really like to do but is not the easiest of things to accomplish so we are exploring how we could go about it design/back-end wise before we can determine the time it would need.

As I said before, I know this is not what some of you want to hear but I hope some of the things we are looking at can mitigate some of the frustrations you may have. Keep at it.

So in other words, you are saying that ZOS is happy that the content can only be completed by the 1% DPS on consoles, and you feel that the classes are balanced perfectly for solo content. And you feel it acceptable that classes such as a healer and a tank has to pay a huge gold sink to respec champion points and skill points every time they want to do the solo veteran Maelstrom Arena. I guess it makes sense that this decision would help force people to play your game longer if they wanted to level a sorcerer to have the best possible chance in farming the veteran Maelstrom Arena for the master weapons. Good call on making your game more solo friendly with Maelstrom Arena and the upcoming player houses in your MMO. It is nice knowing that Zenimax can admit their mistakes and would take the time to re balance the classes for vMA to ensure every class has the best chance possible.

/end of thread.
    Edited by Justice31st on December 18, 2015 12:47AM
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Folks, thought I would chime in here. I know that some people will be happy and some won't but we have no plans to adjust balance in Veteran Maelstrom Arena. Looking at the data, we are happy with the amount of progression that has been made as well as the nature of this aspirational content. I understand that this is not what some of you want to hear but, we are taking a look at some of the more frustrating parts of the Arena that do not affect balance.

Bugs of course are a top priority. We can take a look at these and address them to make sure they don't artificially inflate the challenge. You should see more on that in a future patch.

Things like Repair costs are something we are looking at to mitigate in particular. As for having to respec and Champion points being a big factor, that was the design behind this content. We want players to look at this and aspire to be able to beat it. It can be frustrating for sure, as is any content that is extremely difficult, but it is very rewarding when you make that turn and best the challenge.

One other thing that we are looking at, which is not planned nor on a schedule yet, is saving progress in Veteran Maelstrom. Its something we would really like to do but is not the easiest of things to accomplish so we are exploring how we could go about it design/back-end wise before we can determine the time it would need.

As I said before, I know this is not what some of you want to hear but I hope some of the things we are looking at can mitigate some of the frustrations you may have. Keep at it.

So in other words, you are saying that ZOS is happy that the content can only be completed by the 1% DPS on consoles, and you feel that the classes are balanced perfectly for solo content. And you feel it acceptable that classes such as a healer and a tank has to pay a huge gold sink to respec champion points and skill points every time they want to do the solo veteran Maelstrom Arena. I guess it makes sense that this decision would help force people to play your game longer if they wanted to level a sorcerer to have the best possible chance in farming the veteran Maelstrom Arena for the master weapons. Good call on making your game more solo friendly with Maelstrom Arena and the upcoming player houses in your MMO. It is nice knowing that Zenimax can admit their mistakes and would take the time to re balance the classes for vMA to ensure every class has the best chance possible.

/end of thread.

Thank god, no more crying now, zenimax said no, so please try harder or just go play normal. The devs have spoketh.
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People claiming that their needs to be content for solo players is fine. However, end game gear only obtained by soloing should not be included in an MMO.
    Edited by Justice31st on December 18, 2015 2:32AM
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • zerosingularity
    zerosingularity
    ✭✭✭✭
    People claiming that their needs to be content for solo players is fine. However, end game gear only obtained by soloing should not be included in an MMO.

You are aware that in 4 months time these items won't be "endgame" gear anymore right? Soon we will be back to group endgame content.
    NA-PC

Kaineth - Stamina Nightblade (Weakest Player Ever!)
    Elena Stormwood - Magicka Sorcerer (vMA no Death 12/21/15 Score 401148)
    Sheila Feyrondas - Magicka Dragonknight Tank (Frost staves are gonna be fun!)

*Disclaimer* I fail at emotional communication, so assume what I say is NOT meant to be offensive.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to say it but maelstrom arena is poorly designed in terms of difficulty.

The normal mode is too easy and rewards you with crappy VR15 gear, no master weapons and one random VR16 item upon completion. It is not worth doing it multiple times because the reward is too small for the time you invest.

The veteran mode is moderately hard for some builds and impossible hard for other builds which would have been fine if those other builds could pass it and could get better gear out of it and improve themselves.

I don't want you to nerf the difficulty but give the new and occasional players a chance to pass that arena. For example adding renewable buff sigils at an increased penalty costfor every usage would help drastically. Give a chance to all players to pass it and then let them work on rankings when they have a better gear.

Personally I'm not resubbing neither getting the orsinium dlc until I know I can pass the maelstrom arena either by me getting stronger in between or by adding some features that would help the weaker builds pass it. And to me it is a bad design because you temporarily lost one customer right here.
  • ekobmx
    ekobmx
    Got removed from the leader board after 9 hours in there bit of a kick in the teeth, i probably wont run again till they fix some of the issues/bugs and pretty damn right stupid mechanics.
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭

/end of thread.

Just as acceptable as a tank instantly finding groups for dungeons then leaving group in a dungeon cause some DD screwed up once or twice, then crying about VMA cause they can't DD properly. Still not accepting DD is difficult and takes time to master. Call for nerfs.

• zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to say it but maelstrom arena is poorly designed in terms of difficulty.

The normal mode is too easy and rewards you with crappy VR15 gear, no master weapons and one random VR16 item upon completion. It is not worth doing it multiple times because the reward is too small for the time you invest.

The veteran mode is moderately hard for some builds and impossible hard for other builds which would have been fine if those other builds could pass it and could get better gear out of it and improve themselves.

I don't want you to nerf the difficulty but give the new and occasional players a chance to pass that arena. For example adding renewable buff sigils at an increased penalty costfor every usage would help drastically. Give a chance to all players to pass it and then let them work on rankings when they have a better gear.

Personally I'm not resubbing neither getting the orsinium dlc until I know I can pass the maelstrom arena either by me getting stronger in between or by adding some features that would help the weaker builds pass it. And to me it is a bad design because you temporarily lost one customer right here.

You can complete the arena, in normal mode. That mode right there is for people like you.

Basically you're saying "I want to complete the hardest solo content in the game, and get gold end game master weapons, but I want it to be easy enough for me"

I cant get past new game plus 6 on bloodborn, the entire game is literially one shots, and bosses are difficult even using a summoning bell and getting 2 friends in, like every dodge/attack is perfectly countered by the AI.

does that mean I should call for nerfs because I can't beat that and get to new game plus 9?
    Edited by zornyan on December 18, 2015 9:39AM
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_Finn Hi, there are a couple of things that I don't understand about this post, you say that you have no plans to adjust balance in Veteran Maelstrom Arena, to me this is a little broad and unclear what exactly you mean by that, are you saying you are not going to reduce the damage by say 20% across the board, or you are not going to look into certain aspects to the arena and lower certain things etc?

If it is the second one, I urge you to take a look at some of the aspects there are a few things that seem highly unintended that others. Right now in my opinion would be Round 7 mechanics as a whole. I hate that round, I've made a thread you may or may not have seen about it. The double poison even triple poison ticks need to go and the AoE radius of the poison is either large than it is intended to be and explodes before it is over, either that or something is up. For example two videos;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE7f1nCiolQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R419XzpWYC4

another thing would be the Flame Warrior miniboss on Round 8, this boss appears to have a 2 hander though all of it's attacks are something that an enemy with a Sword and Board would have, meaning this boss deals and insane amount of damage which it shouldn't, for example; (please note this attack hit me before it dropped it's banner)
    qJMxDeC.png

Also on Stage 6, you really need to remove that webspinners can appear during a swarm or right before it. This can cause an unavoidable death if there are only two totems active

These would be my only changes I think, I'd also like to point out that there are 5 extremely challenging parts in VMA, and personally I haven't really been asking for damage nerfs above the board but I love these challenges I'll put them in a spoiler for anyone who wants to discuss them. I think they are fun.
    Round 6: This is probably the hardest part before that change was made where they don't instantly attack you, during the second mini boss when he is around 30% 2 archers and 1 nightblade that throws agony on you appear and they used to instantly attack this was hard when a swarm decided to happen at the same time. I hated this so much.

Round 7: The wave before the boss, not the one with 3 archers but after the archers there are 2 trolls, I believe this might actually be the hardest thing in VMA, especially because you need to work around a venomcaller that can and will spawn during this phase

Round 8: On the wave before the boss right at the beginning spawns 2 healers, a melee bug and 2 flame shapers, I think this comes in second with the most challenging thing, if they do the flame shapers at the same time with both healers healing them, that is painful.

Round 9:
    A Xivkyn elite spawns in the middle, around 30% spawns a sword and board mob and an Ogrim, once the Ogrim is around 30% if you haven't timed your ghosts correctly is the hard part, a mob that fears, a nightblade and a Guard spawn, if the Ogrim gets it's major heal off you can't focus it and kill it in time to focus on the nightblade and you will most likely die at this point if you can't manage to stun them in time.

Either that happens or you kill the Ogrim before it heals without a stun and you are fighting the Guard and nightblade etc, before the nightblade is killed it might trigger it's Soul Tether inside the Guards fire breath.

Round 9: The Ash Titan, probably second hardest thing to do without Sigils in my opinion, timing this so you can burn it in time so it isn't alive when the second set of adds are hitting you is difficult and can result in death.
    Edited by Nifty2g on December 18, 2015 9:40AM
    #MOREORBS
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can complete the arena, in normal mode. That mode right there is for people like you.

Basically you're saying "I want to complete the hardest solo content in the game, and get gold end game master weapons, but I want it to be easy enough for me"

Ditto
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Heindrich
    Heindrich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg the entitlement is real.

vMA is supposed to be hard. Aspire to be better. Stop crying for nerfs.

I was a scrub once. I still am compared to really good players. I can comfortably make vMA weekly scores now. Guess how I did it?

My first attempt ended in total failure after I reached the final boss, but felt physically sick from the effort of getting there over the course of 8 hrs. I spent almost 2 hrs wiping on the final boss and ragequit. My second attempt I finally completed in about 6 hrs and getting a *** 361 score, but hey, at least now I know what to do. My third attempt took 3 hrs, then 2 hrs, then 1hr 40mins... etc... yesterday I did it in 1 hr 18mins and 6 deaths, 405k score. I don't even have a Molag Kena mask to make my build ideal yet.

My point is behind all the amazing scores and Youtube videos is hours of practise, learning and self-improvement. Stop being so damned entitled to expect results without putting in the grind, and trying to deny others something to aspire to just because you are too lazy to work for it yourself.

• BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Looking at the data, we are happy with the amount of progression that has been made.
    Looking at the data, in entire Europe only 3 DKs have been able to complete vMA on PS4.
    Compared to the much bigger number of Sorcs and NBs who completed vMA,
    I do not think DKs are "happy with their amount of progression"...

VMA is a balance mess, similar as PvP.
    Only Sorcs and NBs can be "happy" on consoles...

Do the devs test their game only on pc and only with NB/Sorcs?

Edited by BalticBlues on December 18, 2015 12:36PM
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking at the data, we are happy with the amount of progression that has been made.
    Looking at the data, in entire Europe only 3 DKs have been able to complete vMA on PS4.

Do the devs test their game only on pc and only with NB/Socs?

They've already got a class rebalance incoming soon , seriously it would be foolish to nerf the arena when all classes are going to be equalized in just a couple months.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Do the devs test their game only on pc and only with NB/Socs?

They've already got a class rebalance incoming soon , seriously it would be foolish to nerf the arena when all classes are going to be equalized in just a couple months.

You might be right, but we have yet to see the "rebalance". Never trust a ZoS promise until two patches after it's been released :)

And imagine the horror if they nerf classes instead of buffing others - think of the complaints from all but a handful of sorcs who used to be able to complete vMA but suddenly couldn't.
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol this^ and it seems they don't even try testing on the console version before releases.
    Edited by Justice31st on December 18, 2015 2:16PM
  • RatedChaotic
    RatedChaotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Multiple chests not one piece of gear that I can use and the bop items that I cant sell. For me its not worth my time. I'll farm AP for APs future uses.
    Edited by RatedChaotic on December 18, 2015 2:43PM
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol this^ and it seems they don't even try testing on the console version before releases.

Alot of testing is done on pc, as that is where the game was made and designed on, that's their in house testing and so fourth, their actual main testing ala difficulty and for bugs that only appear when patches go on a live server with thousands playing is via PTS, in which there were several nerfs to vet msa thanks to some feedback about several rounds.

Unfortunately there isn't a console pts, that's not zos fault, that's down to Sony and Microsoft.
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alot of testing is done on pc, as that is where the game was made and designed on, that's their in house testing and so fourth, their actual main testing ala difficulty and for bugs that only appear when patches go on a live server with thousands playing is via PTS, in which there were several nerfs to vet msa thanks to some feedback about several rounds.

Unfortunately there isn't a console pts, that's not zos fault, that's down to Sony and Microsoft.

You make it sound like ZOS does not own consoles, or have employees lol.
  • RatedChaotic
    RatedChaotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tho having damage/healing numbers would help consoles fine tune their builds. Thats one thing that irritates me in this game.
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You make it sound like ZOS does not own consoles, or have employees lol.

You think their going to hire dozens of employees to sit in a room and play it on console?

What benefit would that give?

Most bug fixes are thanks to pc users, since there's no damage numbers on console it wouldn't help at all.

Also, what benefit would there be? It's the same game on all platforms, you've had a video showing someone using a ps4 controller on pc beating it, I and many others use xbox controllers for convenience, so what exactly would the see by playing it on console?
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I cant get past new game plus 6 on bloodborn, the entire game is literially one shots, and bosses are difficult even using a summoning bell and getting 2 friends in, like every dodge/attack is perfectly countered by the AI.

does that mean I should call for nerfs because I can't beat that and get to new game plus 9?

Here you go a magica build is speaking. I understand that you've already got the arena nerfed by using those damage shields and burst heals. Do you want to evaluate the maelstrom arena properly - then do it without shields - do you want it even more challenging then do it in melee range.

As I mentioned the normal mode is un-challenging and unrewarding.
    I did it 3 times already and have no desire to do it more, I get nothing out of it except one piece of VR16 gear that most probable I won't use.

And I'd like to be ranked as well, yes I'm weak and I don't pretend for top 100 yet but I surely can make it to top 500. But how to check it out? Give me that chance to rank myself up. Give me a chance to get a better gear and retry for a better score next time.

And one more thing the maelstrom arena in it its current state creates a huge gap between skilled players and novice players.
    If I meet a veteran maelstrom arena champion in PVP I'm already screwed skill wise and on top of that add that maelstrom gear advantage he got.
    Edited by Didgerion on December 18, 2015 6:04PM
  • Sithisvoid
    Sithisvoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Finn stream it on a DK live i want to see how long it takes you and your live reactions.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heindrich wrote: »

I was a scrub once. I still am compared to really good players. I can comfortably make vMA weekly scores now. Guess how I did it?

My first attempt ended in total failure after I reached the final boss, but felt physically sick from the effort of getting there over the course of 8 hrs. I spent almost 2 hrs wiping on the final boss and ragequit. My second attempt I finally completed in about 6 hrs and getting a *** 361 score, but hey, at least now I know what to do. My third attempt took 3 hrs, then 2 hrs, then 1hr 40mins... etc... yesterday I did it in 1 hr 18mins and 6 deaths, 405k score. I don't even have a Molag Kena mask to make my build ideal yet.

My point is behind all the amazing scores and Youtube videos is hours of practise, learning and self-improvement. Stop being so damned entitled to expect results without putting in the grind, and trying to deny others something to aspire to just because you are too lazy to work for it yourself.

Ok now try doing it on your stamina DK and then lets talk.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is why people want a save.

8 hours to learn it? I don't have 8 hours to sleep let alone sit in front of my computer all day. Same with 6, 3 and even 2 hours is a lot to ask with a family and 3 kids.

Keep the difficulty but let me save my progress to come back to later.

As it stands, it's probably too late. By the time they figure out a way to save your progress the next DLC will be out and I will have moved on.

Too bad, since I am sure I could do it. The 4 times I have managed to get some good chunks of time together I have gotten better and better. But the last few stages are the hardest for sure ( I have only got to the frozen level boss) and I doubt I can find the several hours I need to get all the way to those stages, learn them and repeat them.
  • Jahmawi
    Jahmawi
    Soul Shriven
    I am tired of seeing a majority of these 1% players who keep posting veteran Malestrom Arena videos who have the best gear, items, maxed out champion points and the majority being sorcerers (for an much easier run). Many use keyboard macros and some use other cheats or have addons to also help do the work for them. I don't know why ZOS even uses the 1% as the epitome of the current dungeon difficulty. In reality, the majority of ESO players are struggling to even complete veteran maelstrom arena once; let alone have a chance at the new master weapons (especially on console). Just look at the leader boards or trophy % achievement. I do not understand why ZOS wants the majority % of eso players to be set up for failure or even rage quit the game . @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert (Tagged just to hopefully get a "soon" or /lurk) @ZOS_Alex ( tagged because he enjoys giving me warnings)

@L2P_Groupies @elitist (And also tagged inb4 the elitist and L2P groupies.)

Here is a quick list of reasons why Malestrom Arena needs to be nerfed on console.

1. 9 trait gear needed.
    2. Massive repair, food, potion cost.
    3. Horribly designed catered to ranged and primarily sorcerers.
    4. Having to respect to a min/max build in order to get the best chance possible.
    5. Champion point heavily dependent.
    6. No addons on consoles which give a big advantage.
    7. Class imbalances

Solution: Drop the current difficulty of veteran Malestrom Arena and there should be three difficulties added into the game to keep the PC players (with there unfair advantages) happy. Normal, Veteran, Hardcore. The vMA and hMA would both have a % chance at dropping the master weapons. But with hardcore Maelstrom Arena also having the higher percent chance of dropping a master item with a better trait.

People claiming that their needs to be content for solo players is fine. However, end game gear only obtained by solo gameplay should NOT be included in an MMO. This goes against the very nature of what an massively multiplayer online game is; playing and grouping with other people.

Feel free to add to the list below with your own frustrations about the veteran Maelstrom Arena. And thanks for your time.

I personally dont think it needs to be nerfed. I completed it second day of its release on xbox with 247 CP on a Stamina Nightblade all the gear was purple VR15 crafted armor with VR16 weapons and Jewelry. Then the next day completed it on my Magicka Dk with the same set up VR15 gear with VR16 weapons and jewelry. It is do able just like anything else we do in life it takes time to learn. If Zos continues to drop the nerf hammer on all new content the game will be to easy and get stale. There needs to be hard content to challenge players to get better and to keep hardcore players entertained.

yes i do agree it is easier on a sorc. I recently Leveled a sorc up to see what the hype was its is easier but its not easy that if you have a sorc its a auto completion. it still takes time to learn the mechanics. As every day goes by more and more my guildmates are beating the arena and more are putting up 400k scores simple because they took the time and never gave up.

Just stay positive and be prepared and im sure you can defeat this arena.

Now what does need to change is the drop rate of these weapons i seem to always pull a well fitted armor set more then anything else for the hour i spent in the arena and that alone is very discouraging.
    Xbox One - NA - Beyond Paragon
    Jhasmine AD - Stamina Night-blade
    Shock Jhasmine AD - Magicka Sorceror
    Flame Jhasmine AD - Magicka Dragon-Knight
    Jhasmine Tanks AD - Stamina Dragon-Knight
    Bayani Jhasmine AD - Magicka Nightblade
    Healer Better Than Space EP - Magicka Templar
    Jhasmine Offtanks EP - Stamina Dragon-Knight
  • Slyslepkava
    Slyslepkava
    Soul Shriven
    VMA was balanced around classes, not builds. Stamina builds will have a harder time, not gonna change. Add-ons obviously help a great deal, don't be dumb. Maelstrom arena weapons aren't going to create a huge gap between players who can and cannot finish it.

Everything should stay as it is...cept I hate the sluggish responsiveness I'm getting with my controls. That .2 second lag is game changing...Tighten that up please, ZOS.
    - Jkregers on Ps4 -
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »

This is why people want a save.

8 hours to learn it? I don't have 8 hours to sleep let alone sit in front of my computer all day. Same with 6, 3 and even 2 hours is a lot to ask with a family and 3 kids.

Keep the difficulty but let me save my progress to come back to later.

As it stands, it's probably too late. By the time they figure out a way to save your progress the next DLC will be out and I will have moved on.

Too bad, since I am sure I could do it. The 4 times I have managed to get some good chunks of time together I have gotten better and better. But the last few stages are the hardest for sure ( I have only got to the frozen level boss) and I doubt I can find the several hours I need to get all the way to those stages, learn them and repeat them.

Looks like you want a family friendly MMO here :) I feel you.

But unfortunately ESO is not one of them. It is a grind oriented MMO. In order to be competitive:
    - You have to grind VR ranks(thank god they are getting rid of it)
    - You had to grind VR14 gear sets (countless of hours invested now useless)
    - Then you had to grind the Imperial city VR16 gear
    - Then you have to grind maelstrom and orsinium VR16 gear.
    - Then you'll have to grind VR16 version of your obsolete VR14 gear.
    - Then VR17 equivalents (CP based already).
    - Then VR18...and so on

And it doesn't matter how much time you invested in the past. Once a new level is added then you'll have to start all over in order to be competitive.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VMA was balanced around classes, not builds. Stamina builds will have a harder time, not gonna change. Add-ons obviously help a great deal, don't be dumb. Maelstrom arena weapons aren't going to create a huge gap between players who can and cannot finish it.

Everything should stay as it is...cept I hate the sluggish responsiveness I'm getting with my controls. That .2 second lag is game changing...Tighten that up please, ZOS.

How can you balance VMA around classes when the classes are so unbalanced?

The VMA per class ranking just proves that VMA is not balanced around classes. If it were balanced around classes then you would not need 4 separate rankings lists for VMA.

And did you read the tool tip of the maelstrom 2H weapon? A single item increases your weapon damage and applies a dot on opening. How come it does not make a difference? Do you know how hard is it to recover after receiving an opening like that?
    Edited by Didgerion on December 18, 2015 7:14PM