Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Not going back to veteran Maelstrom Arena until it is nerfed on consoles.

• found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    Seen a mod commented on this post I thought it was them talking about the subject it's self but it was just a warning about not getting along I wished they showed posted that was actually about the subject on the thread it's self and post from mods about forum rules didn't show up on the thread saying as mod commented I see no reason for it
    Edited by found1779 on December 15, 2015 10:11PM
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There have been at least 200 hundred people who play ESO complete the arena. No need to nerf anything.
    Edited by Personofsecrets on December 15, 2015 10:20PM
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use a gamepad with xpadder I do perfectly fine, my issues is I smoke too much between each round so my time sucks ^^

see video below I did this afternoon of rounds 1-4 naked before I had to go do RL stuff, hopefully in the near future I'll do a vid for 1-9 for naked fun :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vKw_7lzRrQ

That's actually pretty funny.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Xantaria wrote: »
    Paulington wrote: »
    To assuage some curiosity, I decided I needed to do Veteran Maelstrom Arena with a PS4 controller to prove that whilst it makes it harder, it does not make it impossible.

https://youtu.be/uHzr7kQycbs

This is the last boss, it was easy enough, not as easy as with KB+M but just fine. This is my first ever run with a controller and I managed to do it with one death to a total screen freeze that locked my screen for over seven seconds and caused me to die, otherwise it would have been Flawless. The "extra" death I had was because I forgot to wayshrine to repair my gear so I just suicided. :).

To finish vMA you need decent gear for your class in at least purple quality, a decent amount of CP (150 or so) and just to practice, practice and practice. Spend a few sessions wiping and using 500 soul gems and you will learn it so you never really die anymore.

This content is not too difficult, however I would like for it to have a save function that meant you weren't eligible for leaderboards as I do recognise some people have issues with this and it doesn't affect anyone else so why not? Once you get practiced and do it 10 or so times you will be doing a whole run in less than ninety minutes, I am sure the majority of ESO players can sit down and play ESO for ninety minutes just fine without having their cat catch fire or having the ceiling cave in.

I think the vitriol and sensationalism needs to stop surrounding vMA. Yes, it is hard but not impossible. Spend time practicing and refining your setup and you will do just fine.

For the curious, I also did it without addons:

https://youtu.be/8kGGFVoN9lw

Same thing, harder but nowhere near impossible.

This just shows that the console guys (plebs) are just bad at MMOs ... they don't have the experience needed to cope with content like this. Look how easy this guy clears it with a PS4 Controller and no Addons. The only difference between you and him is his experience. In other words: L2P issue! Console people are not used to work towards something. Not calling all of you out but those who complain.

Its not only a LtP issue, some players like me are older and not as fast as players who are in there twenties, i have solod Craglorn bosses and group delves in the past but Vmsa is much harder and i cant complete it even with legendary gear and capped cp. Just to many mechanics at the same time to handle.
    Options
  • Rayste
    Rayste
    ✭✭✭
    Difficulty aside, the rewards for completing this need to be better. The gear sets and weapons seem lackluster. Maybe I am missing something. I received a sharpened 2hnd axe my last complete This weapon looks perfect at first glance for my DK, but I am actually still not using it as it messes up a set bonus I have going. It shouldnt even be a choice, I should NEED to equip this if I am running 2hnder spec.

I can confirm that it gets easier with each run (improved from 357 to 27000 score this time) and finished it in around 3 hours. It is however frustrating and the first few runs aren't really worth the effort required. I believe I spent 9 hours in there the first Saturday I attempted.

If a save function cant be implemented, they may consider doing a couple things:

1) make the rewards better to garner more participation
    2) scale down some of the more troublesome levels

Only so many will run this out of the 'competition' factor alone. And we will be competing against the same people over and over. How many new storm proof titles do you see daily? How long has this been out?

Edit: problem levels for me are as follows (your mileage may vary)

1) Stage 6 - ill timed swarms or missed spiders cost me a few deaths just about everytime
    2) Stage 9 - Boss fight with crematorial guards / healer at the start always results in a few deaths as it is a definite dps race. Missed ghosts are also a reset.
    Edited by Rayste on December 15, 2015 10:50PM
    The Teach - AD Templar
    Options
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I actually thought I was pretty good at this game till I played regular MA and couldn't beat it...
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
    Options
  • blabafat
    blabafat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "who use macroes"

....really? lol

Also, it's endgame content. It SHOULD be challenging. It SHOULD NOT be a one time run through easy mode for casual players. If you don't have the gear and skill, don't try it.
    Fire Cloak - VR12 DK - Nord - EP
    Ámeer - VR15 Templar - Imperial - AD
    The Mágician - VR16 Templar - Imperial DC
    Magíc - VR16 DK - Dark Elf - DC
    Àmeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - DC
    ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - AD
    Æ ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - EP
    Ameer Flow - Level 34 Nightblade - High Elf - EP

Youtube:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCFNmXCgmTVo-T-p1BIVLxbQ
    Options
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xantaria wrote: »
    Paulington wrote: »
    To assuage some curiosity, I decided I needed to do Veteran Maelstrom Arena with a PS4 controller to prove that whilst it makes it harder, it does not make it impossible.

https://youtu.be/uHzr7kQycbs

This is the last boss, it was easy enough, not as easy as with KB+M but just fine. This is my first ever run with a controller and I managed to do it with one death to a total screen freeze that locked my screen for over seven seconds and caused me to die, otherwise it would have been Flawless. The "extra" death I had was because I forgot to wayshrine to repair my gear so I just suicided. :).

To finish vMA you need decent gear for your class in at least purple quality, a decent amount of CP (150 or so) and just to practice, practice and practice. Spend a few sessions wiping and using 500 soul gems and you will learn it so you never really die anymore.

This content is not too difficult, however I would like for it to have a save function that meant you weren't eligible for leaderboards as I do recognise some people have issues with this and it doesn't affect anyone else so why not? Once you get practiced and do it 10 or so times you will be doing a whole run in less than ninety minutes, I am sure the majority of ESO players can sit down and play ESO for ninety minutes just fine without having their cat catch fire or having the ceiling cave in.

I think the vitriol and sensationalism needs to stop surrounding vMA. Yes, it is hard but not impossible. Spend time practicing and refining your setup and you will do just fine.

For the curious, I also did it without addons:

https://youtu.be/8kGGFVoN9lw

Same thing, harder but nowhere near impossible.

This just shows that the console guys (plebs) are just bad at MMOs ... they don't have the experience needed to cope with content like this. Look how easy this guy clears it with a PS4 Controller and no Addons. The only difference between you and him is his experience. In other words: L2P issue! Console people are not used to work towards something. Not calling all of you out but those who complain.

Its not only a LtP issue, some players like me are older and not as fast as players who are in there twenties, i have solod Craglorn bosses and group delves in the past but Vmsa is much harder and i cant complete it even with legendary gear and capped cp. Just to many mechanics at the same time to handle.

Sorry but getting older also means you have to accept you can't do everything anymore. If you know you can't handle it, just forget about it.

I can't do craglorn stuff cause I don't have the time to get a guild with team speak or whatever. I've accepted that and moved on. I've beat VMA several times, but still haven't beaten DSA even on normal cause I can't solo it.

I just said okay, this is 4 man group content with no group finder. This is not for me.

Never set foot in sanctum Ophedia.

Never set foot in hel Ra citadel.

Can I blame zenimax for me not being able to do this content even though I paid for it? No I can't

It is as it is. If you can't do it you can't do it, nothing more.

Edited by pronkg on December 16, 2015 12:45AM
    Options
  • azoriangaming
    azoriangaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    I use a gamepad with xpadder I do perfectly fine, my issues is I smoke too much between each round so my time sucks ^^

see video below I did this afternoon of rounds 1-4 naked before I had to go do RL stuff, hopefully in the near future I'll do a vid for 1-9 for naked fun :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vKw_7lzRrQ

That's actually pretty funny.

it's what happens when i get bored i get naked :p
    Options
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From a few posts here, I will say again. I don't want this content to be nerfed

What I do want is a solo version of Battle spirit or something like it for Maelstrom that effectively kills the Alliance and Undaunted skill lines.

This is a solo arena and everyone doing a solo arena should be on even ground. The advantage shouldn't be given to folks who like to PvP and/or do Undaunted (group) content in a solo arena.

Example: Don't try it on Stamina build without Vigor,,,, I will probably never have Vigor, It is not a Solo skill
    Edited by Casdha on December 16, 2015 2:58PM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

Options
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe I just read all of that...some of the arguments on here remind me of why I stay away from Tumblr...
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
    VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
    Options
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pronkg wrote: »
    3. Maybe even be able to practice stages at your choice without rewards.

There IS one such thing, it is called normal Maelstrom Arena.
    If it's too easy for you, just go naked and practice your heart out.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
    Options
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    the polymorph should be added to the normal version also
    Options
  • Cîanai
    Cîanai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    found1779 wrote: »

And you should get weekly rewards.
    Options
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cîanai wrote: »

And Maelstrom weapons.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
    Options
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    Cîanai wrote: »

And Maelstrom weapons.

And a ferrari
    Options
  • Urnbak
    Urnbak
    zornyan wrote: »
    I am tired of these 1% players who keep posting veteran malestrom arena videos who have the best gear, items and maxed out champion points. Many use keyboard macros and other cheats. I don't know why ZOS even cares to use these players as the dungeon difficulty example. In reality, the majority of eso players are struggling to even complete veteran maelstrom arena; let alone have a chance at the new master weapons, and especially on console. Just look at the leaderboards. I do not understand why ZOS wants the majority % of eso players to rage quit the game. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert

And also inb4 the elitist and L2P groupies.

Here is a quick list of reasos why malestrom arena needs to be nerfed on console.

1. 9 trait gear needed.
    2. Massive repair, food, potion cost.
    3. Horribly designed catered to ranged and primarily sorcerers.
    4. Having to respect to a min/max build in order to get the best chance possible.
    5. Champion point heavily dependent.
    6. No addons on consoles which give a big advantage.

Feel free to add to the list below with your own frusterations about the veteran Maelstrom Arena.

Just to help you out a bit here, since your obviously very salty.

1. People are using sets like hundings or julianos. This is 6 trait gear. They have done deathless runs with 6 trait gear.
    2. Repair costs have been nerfed, gold is easy to come by, pots are dropped everywhere and cheap to buy in stacks
    3. Not catered to sorcs, every build in the game can be ranged, sorcs have an easier time because of shields
    4. Not really, just use a decent build, you actually need a bit more health and regen so min/max isn't optimal
    5. Again nope, people have done deathless runs on 150cp, with the catch up mechanic every new player making a vr16 char will have 200 cp by vr16.
    6. Addons help, but not an advantage , is knowing your dps going to make you avoid the water on round 3? Is having addons going to prevent the poison from killing you in round 7? Nope.

It's not that bad actually, many people have completed it on console, just because you lack the skill doesn't mean it needs nerfing, go player normal.

I think the issue is console players haven't had their skills tested before, when I played on console nobody really did vet pledges, those that did struggled to understand builds and mechanics, I've seen so many people struggle on even normal arena which is a walk in the park.

The first time I did normal it took my ps4 friends a week to beat, they told me it was extemely difficult and they struggled, I went in and did it in under an hour, with 1 death. Because it's easy.
    OMG you must be so elitist...easy for one is hard for another, just coz you can do it easy doesn't mean others should.

More and more games are catering for elitist players and the casual is being neglected, thats why i don't play LOL it's full of elitist jerks.
    Options
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Urnbak wrote: »
    zornyan wrote: »
    I am tired of these 1% players who keep posting veteran malestrom arena videos who have the best gear, items and maxed out champion points. Many use keyboard macros and other cheats. I don't know why ZOS even cares to use these players as the dungeon difficulty example. In reality, the majority of eso players are struggling to even complete veteran maelstrom arena; let alone have a chance at the new master weapons, and especially on console. Just look at the leaderboards. I do not understand why ZOS wants the majority % of eso players to rage quit the game. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert

And also inb4 the elitist and L2P groupies.

Here is a quick list of reasos why malestrom arena needs to be nerfed on console.

1. 9 trait gear needed.
    4. Having to respect to a min/max build in order to get the best chance possible.

Feel free to add to the list below with your own frusterations about the veteran Maelstrom Arena.

Just to help you out a bit here, since your obviously very salty.

1. People are using sets like hundings or julianos. This is 6 trait gear. They have done deathless runs with 6 trait gear.
    2. Repair costs have been nerfed, gold is easy to come by, pots are dropped everywhere and cheap to buy in stacks
    3. Not catered to sorcs, every build in the game can be ranged, sorcs have an easier time because of shields
    4. Not really, just use a decent build, you actually need a bit more health and regen so min/max isn't optimal
    5. Again nope, people have done deathless runs on 150cp, with the catch up mechanic every new player making a vr16 char will have 200 cp by vr16.
    6. Addons help, but not an advantage , is knowing your dps going to make you avoid the water on round 3? Is having addons going to prevent the poison from killing you in round 7? Nope.

It's not that bad actually, many people have completed it on console, just because you lack the skill doesn't mean it needs nerfing, go player normal.

I think the issue is console players haven't had their skills tested before, when I played on console nobody really did vet pledges, those that did struggled to understand builds and mechanics, I've seen so many people struggle on even normal arena which is a walk in the park.

The first time I did normal it took my ps4 friends a week to beat, they told me it was extemely difficult and they struggled, I went in and did it in under an hour, with 1 death. Because it's easy.
    OMG you must be so elitist...easy for one is hard for another, just coz you can do it easy doesn't mean others should.

More and more games are catering for elitist players and the casual is being neglected, thats why i don't play LOL it's full of elitist jerks.

I'm sorry,
    But ESO is very very catered to casuals.

Can't we just keep this one thing as a challenge?
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catblade wrote: »
    All the big shots in here telling ppl L2P. This is why no one wants to play ESO. Look at the numbers again 0.1% and 0.2% is not acceptable. L2math

It's really sad when people throw out insults and l2p, then post a video of themselves completing it with the class/build that most of us can do it with our eyes closed on now. I'm not calling for nerfs just yet but let's all stop posting our flawless sorc runs and spouting l2p like it's the same for every class.

^This
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pronkg wrote: »
    Catblade wrote: »
    All the big shots in here telling ppl L2P. This is why no one wants to play ESO. Look at the numbers again 0.1% and 0.2% is not acceptable. L2math

It's really sad when people throw out insults and l2p, then post a video of themselves completing it with the class/build that most of us can do it with our eyes closed on now. I'm not calling for nerfs just yet but let's all stop posting our flawless sorc runs and spouting l2p like it's the same for every class.

Ignore those comments, cause yeah that's no comparison. Still... Having cleared it a couple of times now it mostly comes down to the fact you need to know the place like the back of your hand in order to finish. The difference between sorc and stamina users is on a sorc you can make a mistake here and there and still survive cause of shield. Stamina users don't have this privilege.

I think the whole reputation of sorcs being able to finish it easily is what causes loads of people to give up to fast. Also it's costly so many people don't think it's worth it and I agree.

I don't want this place to be nerfed and I'm gonna try on my Stam Nb as well. I'm pretty positive I'll be able to finish it on stam.

What I would really like to see as a solution to the time and cost is

1. Allow people to save once or twice (not infinitely) so you can come back later and resume

2. Have the merchant offer free repairs.

3. Maybe even be able to practice stages at your choice without rewards.

And this^
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
    Options
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seen a mod commented on this post I thought it was them talking about the subject it's self but it was just a warning about not getting along I wished they showed posted that was actually about the subject on the thread it's self and post from mods about forum rules didn't show up on the thread saying as mod commented I see no reason for it

Yeah I came here to see if some devs posted here anything constructive, but nope...
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yea this is the only challenge in the game at the moment, but really anyone can do it with a few hours of practice here or there. It's not that hard people.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea this is the only challenge in the game at the moment, but really anyone can do it with a few hours of practice here or there. It's not that hard people.
    That is true, it really is the only challenge left in the game PvE wise because everything has been nerfed into the ground. But that said, 95% of the community is not ready for this solo play, and here is why

ESO is very demanding combat system, you're either geared right or you're not. Honestly I blame all the people who wanted SOLO content and not GROUP content, back when Orsinium was announced and the content was teased I posted this http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/222134/orsinium-where-is-the-raid-group-play/p1

A lot of people in the thread were happy for Maelstrom and they wanted the solo content, now that it is out I wonder how many people in there have actually beaten it and how many of them are competitive with it, that said it is clear that Maelstrom is quickly dying out as there is no reward, no gear grind, nothing to sell, no motivation to keep running it.

ZOS took the wrong direction and as I said, they should have released a trial or a new 4man/2man arena before solo content. The first proper PvE content in over a year was a solo arena; an extremely challenging one that hardly any of the players are even ready for or geared to do so.

The so called "solo" players are the ones who are taking the game in a direction it wasn't even meant to be in, the whole point and advertised was ESO to be an MMO, the combat system is resolved around synergies. And it really shines out in solo play that some classes are clearly not made for this type of thing.
    Edited by Nifty2g on December 16, 2015 1:05PM
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    That is true, it really is the only challenge left in the game PvE wise because everything has been nerfed into the ground. But that said, 95% of the community is not ready for this solo play, and here is why

ESO is very demanding combat system, you're either geared right or you're not. Honestly I blame all the people who wanted SOLO content and not GROUP content, back when Orsinium was announced and the content was teased I posted this http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/222134/orsinium-where-is-the-raid-group-play/p1

A lot of people in the thread were happy for Maelstrom and they wanted the solo content, now that it is out I wonder how many people in there have actually beaten it and how many of them are competitive with it, that said it is clear that Maelstrom is quickly dying out as there is no reward, no gear grind, nothing to sell, no motivation to keep running it.

ZOS took the wrong direction and as I said, they should have released a trial or a new 4man/2man arena before solo content. The first proper PvE content in over a year was a solo arena; an extremely challenging one that hardly any of the players are even ready for or geared to do so.

The so called "solo" players are the ones who are taking the game in a direction it wasn't even meant to be in, the whole point and advertised was ESO to be an MMO, the combat system is resolved around synergies. And it really shines out in solo play that some classes are clearly not made for this type of thing.

^Well put. In addition from either being geared or not; you either have a maxed out class more suitable for vMA or not. Class imbalances have hurt the Maelstrom Arena tremendously.
    Edited by Justice31st on December 16, 2015 1:19PM
    Options
  • Rhazmuz
    Rhazmuz
    ✭✭✭
    There have been at least 200 hundred people who play ESO complete the arena. No need to nerf anything.

Cant tell if trollin or...
    Rhazmuz - Nord DK tank
    PS4 - EU
    Options
  • Ethromelb14_ESO
    Ethromelb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am tired of seeing a majority of these 1% players who keep posting veteran Malestrom Arena videos who have the best gear, items and maxed out champion points. Many use keyboard macros and other cheats or have addons to also help do the work for them. I don't know why ZOS even cares to use these players as the dungeon difficulty example. In reality, the majority of ESO players are struggling to even complete veteran maelstrom arena; let alone have a chance at the new master weapons, and especially on console. Just look at the leaderboards or trophy % achievement. I do not understand why ZOS wants the majority % of eso players to rage quit the game. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert (Tagged just to hopefully get a "soon" or /lurk) @ZOS_Alex ( tagged because he enjoys giving me warnings)

@L2P_Groupies @elitist (And also tagged inb4 the elitist and L2P groupies.)

Here is a quick list of reasons why Malestrom Arena needs to be nerfed on console.

1. 9 trait gear needed.

Solution: Drop the current difficulty of veteran Malestrom Arena and there should be three difficulties added into the game to keep the PC players (with there unfair advantages) happy. Normal, Veteran, Hardcore. The vMA and hMA would both have a % chance at dropping the master weapons. But with hardcore Maelstrom Arena having the higher percent chance.

Feel free to add to the list below with your own frustrations about the veteran Maelstrom Arena. And thanks for your time.

I will not act like your point is entirely moot. The arena could stand to perhaps have fewer enemies than it currently does, and the bosses could stand to have their health bar taken out of the million point mark, but not too much less. The way things are right now, requires one to don all hats- being a tank, self-healer, and of course DPS. The truth is many players have never considered being that well-rounded, because, well many approach the game from a cookie-cutter mentality. The mentality where a player can only be one or the other- never a hybrid since most players believe hybrids don't work. This is the reason for many of the players failing to beat this challenge.

The question is... exactly how easy do you want the content to be?

I can do the content on veteran mode and I'm on console (PS4). I now know what my weakness is and I'm fixing it so that I can complete the arena once I reach V16. Mind you I'm a melee dps.

If you expect to be rewarded well for your efforts, then make sure you really have to put forth some effort. I don't want some supposedly "fair" adjustment made that's going to have near everybody baring the title of "The Maelstrom Champion", otherwise then it wouldn't be worth getting. The content is intended to separate the "Men from the boys". So then, anybody that can't do it- guess what category they end up in?
    Edited by Ethromelb14_ESO on December 16, 2015 1:44PM
    Motto: Make deceivers believers.

Strength of character is not a physical thing. -E
    Walking a mile in someone else's shoes, has nothing to do with the path taken. -E

An accusation of elitism, is an indirect recognition of one's own inferiority. -E

The best way to prove someone wrong, is to do better yourself. -E

I keep forgetting to remember to get a photographic memory.
    Options
  • Ethromelb14_ESO
    Ethromelb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax,

Please leave the veteran arena the way it is. If you have to make any changes... then just add a third in between mode for the complainers having difficulty, but wanting to still be counted among the best.
    Edited by Ethromelb14_ESO on December 16, 2015 2:47PM
    Motto: Make deceivers believers.

Strength of character is not a physical thing. -E
    Walking a mile in someone else's shoes, has nothing to do with the path taken. -E

An accusation of elitism, is an indirect recognition of one's own inferiority. -E

The best way to prove someone wrong, is to do better yourself. -E

I keep forgetting to remember to get a photographic memory.
    Options
  • ch.ris317b14_ESO
    ch.ris317b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Welp...

Now, I have no character beyond normal level 25 lol... but I discovered that I could put heavy armor on, max magicka for character stats.... and use the resto staff HoT, and sustain both magicka and health better.

Got me thinking combining a Stamina/health passive race with heavy armor, max points into magicka, resto staff and nightblade just might be ridiculous faceroll.

Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    nurf everything, nurf it hard
    also, nurf well-fitted, too stronk
    Edited by Alcast on December 16, 2015 2:30PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax,

While you're at it... Can you'll make another new title distinguishing between those that have done arena on normal and those that have completed it on veteran?

@Ethromelb14_ESO

Its already there.

Normal - Maelstrom Arena Champion
    Veteran - Stormproof
    No Death Veteran - The Flawless Conquerer
    Options