The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Not going back to veteran Maelstrom Arena until it is nerfed on consoles.

• Catblade
    Catblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you guys have steam trophies or achievements with percentages you can link? I'm curious to what pc percentage has completed vet and normal
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    Did you ever hear of "fight or flight"?
    It is a term that expresses when a person experiences some difficult situation and usually has to react in seconds. Some people choose to battle the situation to test their resolve and some like to flee and live to see another day.

In this scenario some people like to test themselves by honing their skills, patience, resilience and will.
    While others just give up and go to the forums to complain.

So tell me, is it that bad that only "fight" players get rewarded?

Interesting how you correlate the fight-or-flight response to me posting on the official forums about a video games current difficulty. However, you seem like you may need a slight brush up on your philosophy teaching. Below is a quick copy and paste off Wikipedia in regards to your "fight or flight" vs. game forum posting hypothesis. Enjoy :smile:

"The fight-or-flight response (also called the fight, flight, freeze, or fawn response [in PTSD], hyperarousal, or the acute stress response) is a physiological reaction that occurs in response to a perceived harmful event, attack, or threat to survival.[1] It was first described by Walter Bradford Cannon.[a][2] His theory states that animals react to threats with a general discharge of the sympathetic nervous system, priming the animal for fighting or fleeing.[3] More specifically, the adrenal medulla produces a hormonal cascade that results in the secretion of catecholamines, especially norepinephrine and epinephrine.[4] The hormones estrogen, testosterone and cortisol, and the neurotransmitters dopamine and serotonin, also affect how organisms react to stress.[5]

This response is recognized as the first stage of the General Adaptation Syndrome that regulates stress responses among vertebrates and other organisms.[6]"
    Edited by Justice31st on December 14, 2015 8:23PM
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catblade wrote: »
    Do you guys have steam trophies or achievements with percentages you can link? I'm curious to what pc percentage has completed vet and normal

Very very few people bought this game on steam (think it only tracks a couple thousand nowdays) and even ones thst do don't get the achievements, I bought it on steam but bypass it and don't use the launcher, my account gets no achievements thst way too.
    zornyan wrote: »
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWNhwsAWsAAgVOT.jpg:large
    Artjuh90 wrote: »
    For every bad decision that turns away players ZOS makes there will always be those who support it because "they can". That's not what's going to generate revenue for the company and make a worthwhile gaming experience for everyone. Maybe make an elite difficulty for the people who enjoy that type of thing but giving overpowered players access to the weapons and locking average players out is only going to kill the game and having people more upset about imbalance. Of course the overpowered players will defend it because it benefits them only they could care less about anyone else. Sling insults at me all you like i don't mind.

catblade i have to disagree here.
    i do think there has to be hard content in a game to keep players interested. if everything is easy people will soon find themself bored and looking elsewere for a challenge. these days games are already easyer then games used to. the older games really had the hard content that you could get frustrated and quit. we can agrue about this being good or bad (good because the feeling of accomplishment vs bad people getting frustrated and may never beat it. there is a large player base who really likes these challenges fine examples are the now kinda old ninja gaiden and the dark souls series

And I have to diagree with you. My first MMO was everquest 1 in the 1990's. And I have yet to find a MMO comparable to the current dungeon difficulty of vMA on a magicka Templar on console.

Truth be told even if EQ next is horrible I'll probably be moving over to that when it hits console

Please do move on, you'll be doing all of us a massive favour...far too much QQ, people like you made me stop playing on console and start a new on pc (kept the 1.4 mil gold though just for lols)

Glad to see you move on I'd rather not encounter toxic people such as yourself. Hope you enjoy PC and have fun

I really really am , but thanks for asking :)

I actually spent a lot of my time in azuras and Bwb DC Leaderboards in the top 10%, sometimes top 5%, unfortunately it got mostly boring as end game on console is rather limited due to no text chat, and most of the players are extemely casual and unskilled.

My average pvp night on console I would be 1vx all the time and win most fights, people poorly geared etc etc.

I can just about 1v1 on pc against a half competent player, since they generally are much better players.

Also much more dungeon raids on PC, loads of people doing daily pledges and so fourth.
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well catblade your signature says enough. sure 0.1% is really low. but compair that to the normal 0.2% is really low aswell. it shows console players don't do the arena that mutch. normal arena isn't hard and you don't even have to have good gear for it. i completed it on my vet 12 orc dk with vet blue gear. so yourpoint about being to hard by giving numbers actually hurts your own point. but i do wish you luck in your tries on vet ;) i know i will try it on my dk when it hits vet 16. and no i wont do it on my other chars. my ORC will be the first to clear it. would feel wrong to me if he wasn't ;)
  • Catblade
    Catblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't get into fight or flight because i deswitch my brain. https://youtu.be/x6KKyPjnhjI

well catblade your signature says enough. sure 0.1% is really low. but compair that to the normal 0.2% is really low aswell. it shows console players don't do the arena that mutch. normal arena isn't hard and you don't even have to have good gear for it. i completed it on my vet 12 orc dk with vet blue gear. so yourpoint about being to hard by giving numbers actually hurts your own point. but i do wish you luck in your tries on vet ;) i know i will try it on my dk when it hits vet 16. and no i wont do it on my other chars. my ORC will be the first to clear it. would feel wrong to me if he wasn't ;)

We don't have the time invested into the game PC does to be geared and have the cp to do the arena. Most walked in, were like "this is way harder than dark souls, Im out" and they peaced out never to return. The content wasn't built for us but it was sold to us nonetheless and by the time we can enjoy it, it will be obsolete
    Edited by Catblade on December 14, 2015 8:27PM
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Console players do it, they just don't complete it as much.
    Edited by Justice31st on December 14, 2015 8:59PM
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • bimbo
    bimbo
    ✭✭✭
    can't agreed more, I was so frustrated about the arena, spent hours after hours and there's no way to beat it.
    EP-NB
    > Nightstop
    EP-SORC----> Magestop
  • Celas_Dranacea
    Celas_Dranacea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No nerf. Add save feature for vet. Leaving the arena drops you to 0 points. Just let us w less time work on this at our own pace.
    A Bosmer Nightblade Werewolf
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am tired of these 1% players who keep posting veteran malestrom arena videos who have the best gear, items and maxed out champion points. Many use keyboard macros and other cheats. I don't know why ZOS even cares to use these players as the dungeon difficulty example. In reality, the majority of eso players are struggling to even complete veteran maelstrom arena; let alone have a chance at the new master weapons, and especially on console. Just look at the leaderboards. I do not understand why ZOS wants the majority % of eso players to rage quit the game.

And also inb4 the elitist and L2P groupies.

Here is a quick list of reasos why malestrom arena needs to be nerfed on console.

1. 9 trait gear needed.
    2. Massive repair, food, potion cost.
    3. Horribly designed catered to ranged and primarily sorcerers.
    4. Having to respect to a min/max build in order to get the best chance possible.
    5. Champion point heavily dependent.
    6. No addons on consoles which give a big advantage.

Feel free to add to the list below with your own frusterations about the veteran Maelstrom Arena.

Isn't the point of leader boards to find the top 1% of players?

.... Also, I don't care what game it is... if it is PVE, ranged is going to be heavily biased, its just the way AI mechanics work... even the ranged AI will have a harder time hitting, a player who can deal damage on the move, or range out their attacks.

No the point of the leaderboards is to be the top 100 scores for each class out of hundreds or few thousand that can complete it. Right now the leaderboard is totally pointless because anyone who can complete VetMA gets on it.

Literally 10X as many people should be able to do VetMA and it's not balanced correctly for that.
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow this thread has taken a turn for the worse
    My first vma clear was 9827

After running it more and watching videos of clears from top players
    I now have become a top clear and got above a 400k score last week.

• Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    From the first person that completed vMA on PS4 NA (albeit on a sorc),

1. I know dozens who have done the arena in non legendary v16 gear with all classes.

2. Agree, there needs to be better rewards for doing the arena. I would prefer all dropped sets be BoE.

3. Agree, but the first nightblade to beat the arena(PS4 NA) was a stamblade with 300cp. He also had a 300k score after a week. Its harder but certainly not impossible or overly difficult.

4. So that hardest content in the game shouldn't demand a good setup?

5. See #3, most who completed this in the first week had 250-450 (once again PS4 NA) and I know people who have ran it on temp and nb with 0-150 just for lols.

6. An inconvenience but hardly debilitating.
    From the first person that completed vMA on PS4 NA (albeit on a sorc),

1. I know dozens who have done the arena in non legendary v16 gear with all classes.

2. Agree, there needs to be better rewards for doing the arena. I would prefer all dropped sets be BoE.

3. Agree, but the first nightblade to beat the arena(PS4 NA) was a stamblade with 300cp. He also had a 300k score after a week. Its harder but certainly not impossible or overly difficult.

4. So that hardest content in the game shouldn't demand a good setup?

5. See #3, most who completed this in the first week had 250-450 (once again PS4 NA) and I know people who have ran it on temp and nb with 0-150 just for lols.

6. An inconvenience but hardly debilitating.

There are not even 400 characters on the leader boards currently. If you know "dozens" of them then you basically know everyone who has completed it.
  • Catblade
    Catblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    I understand some people like it this hard and they should totally get the option to play it that way, but maybe call it elite like another poster suggested because it's obviously set too hard for most people.
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand some people like it this hard and they should totally get the option to play it that way, but maybe call it elite like another poster suggested because it's obviously set too hard for most people.

^Agreed. vMA is currently like Hardcore mode on Diablo.
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyr wrote: »
    I am tired of these 1% players who keep posting veteran malestrom arena videos who have the best gear, items and maxed out champion points. Many use keyboard macros and other cheats. I don't know why ZOS even cares to use these players as the dungeon difficulty example. In reality, the majority of eso players are struggling to even complete veteran maelstrom arena; let alone have a chance at the new master weapons, and especially on console. Just look at the leaderboards. I do not understand why ZOS wants the majority % of eso players to rage quit the game.

Here is a quick list of reasos why malestrom arena needs to be nerfed on console.

1. 9 trait gear needed.
    4. Having to respect to a min/max build in order to get the best chance possible.

Feel free to add to the list below with your own frusterations about the veteran Maelstrom Arena.

Isn't the point of leader boards to find the top 1% of players?

.... Also, I don't care what game it is... if it is PVE, ranged is going to be heavily biased, its just the way AI mechanics work... even the ranged AI will have a harder time hitting, a player who can deal damage on the move, or range out their attacks.

No the point of the leaderboards is to be the top 100 scores for each class out of hundreds or few thousand that can complete it. Right now the leaderboard is totally pointless because anyone who can complete VetMA gets on it.

Literally 10X as many people should be able to do VetMA and it's not balanced correctly for that.

^This.
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get into fight or flight because i deswitch my brain. https://youtu.be/x6KKyPjnhjI

We don't have the time invested into the game PC does to be geared and have the cp to do the arena. Most walked in, were like "this is way harder than dark souls, Im out" and they peaced out never to return. The content wasn't built for us but it was sold to us nonetheless and by the time we can enjoy it, it will be obsolete

^Well put.
  • omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. 9 trait gear needed.

1. Nope... can be done in gear sets besides twice born star. I use julianos.
    2. Agreed... until you do it a few times.
    3. Definitely easier on magicka builds than stamina builds, but I know plenty of people that have done this on stam builds.
    4. This shouldn't be a complaint for what is supposed to be the Hardest content in the game.
    5. Not really... I know people that have done it with like 150 champ points. I completed with 300 on PTS.
    6. I completed with no addons on pts... the only ones that are really any help only put numbers to my health/magicka/stam... really not that essential. I do feel bad for you not being able to play with addons though, there are so many addons that make the quality of life better. No addons give a "big advantage" in maelstrom that I know of.

Honestly, this is supposed to be challenging. If you can't do it, practice, stay with it, upgrade your gear a bit, and eventually you'll get it. It took a long time to get down the mechanics and be able to complete this place. Nobody that I know has just walked into it and completed it on their first, or even 2nd times... I think that's the way it should be. It should be difficult and you should have to work at it to get it down. The reason there aren't more people on the boards is because there aren't that many people willing to put the time and effort in.
    Edited by omfgitsbatman on December 14, 2015 8:53PM
    He's the healer Tamriel deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hurt his tank. Because he can heal them to full. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful rejuvinator. A Cloaked Healer.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA
    Ticktick-Argonian Nightblade Healer/Magicka DPS
    Tinytick- Imperial DK Tank
    Wuches Y'Shaur- V16 High Elf Sorc Magicka DPS
    Ticktator- Dunmer DK Magicka DPS
    Tick Head- Dark Elf Magicka NB DPS

GM:
    Mercs Of Sovngarde (EP/NA): AA (HM), HRC (HM), VSO (HM), VDSA, VMSA complete
    Vet Maw 4/5

• Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drop the current difficulty of veteran Malestrom Arena and there should be three difficulties added into the game to keep the PC players (with there unfair advantages) happy. @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Alex

Normal, Veteran, Hardcore.

Done.
    Edited by Justice31st on December 14, 2015 8:48PM
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drop the current difficulty of veteran Malestrom Arena and there should be three difficulties added into the game to keep the PC players (with there unfair advantages) happy.

Done.

my question rises if they would implement this wouldn't the same posts be made about hardcore as there are now about vet? i'm positive there will be. so it would be a fix that fixes nothing. well i guess that does fit it ZoS his ally
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drop the current difficulty of veteran Malestrom Arena and there should be three difficulties added into the game to keep the PC players (with there unfair advantages) happy. @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Alex

Done.

You've shown no proof of unfair advantages. Again that's heresay, I play on all platforms, pc is no easier.
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drop the current difficulty of veteran Malestrom Arena and there should be three difficulties added into the game to keep the PC players (with there unfair advantages) happy.

Done.

my question rises if they would implement this wouldn't the same posts be made about hardcore as there are now about vet? i'm positive there will be. so it would be a fix that fixes nothing. well i guess that does fit it ZoS his ally

No since the vMA and hMA would both have a % chance at dropping the master weapons. But with hardcore Maelstrom Arena having the higher percent chance. @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Alex
    Edited by Justice31st on December 14, 2015 8:51PM
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Erm what? Pc players had to regear to vr16 same as console, it's easy enough to get vr16 gear anyway, and champion points are stupidly fast to gain, also no more than 150 cp is required to beat vMSA with 0 deaths. As it's been proven.

You can get a full set of vr16 gear in two days.
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm on xb1.
    We all see players with the Maelstrom Champion as their title.
    Rare, but I do see them.
    Maybe once a day.
    To me, that's about right.
    How's that for a completely un-scientific approach?! ;)
    It ain't easy being green.
  • IamNoobee
    IamNoobee
    ✭✭
    I am tired of these 1% players who keep posting veteran malestrom arena videos who have the best gear, items and maxed out champion points. Many use keyboard macros and other cheats or have addons to also help do the work for them. I don't know why ZOS even cares to use these players as the dungeon difficulty example. In reality, the majority of eso players are struggling to even complete veteran maelstrom arena; let alone have a chance at the new master weapons, and especially on console. Just look at the leaderboards. I do not understand why ZOS wants the majority % of eso players to rage quit the game. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert (Tagged just to hopefully get a "soon" or /lurk)

1. 9 trait gear needed.

i didnt read any responses to this but wanted to share my 2cents.

1. i use 5piece that 6 traits are needed and a 2 piece that 2 traits are needed, along with a 1piece molag kena shoulder.
    2. my first 20ish runs i agree that it was a massive repair, food, ect cost. but now its like 5 soul gems, 90g per stage and like 70-80g is returned thru the chest along with a chance for a return on my soul gem, usually leave with like 2-3 xtra. for the potions i normally use about a stack of spell power pots that i normally farm and dont pay for.
    3. im a magic nightblade that plays up close in the mobs face.
    4. my gear is purple with purple enchants.
    5. cant add to this since i am maxed.
    6. i only use an addon that tells me my end of combat dps.

so basically i dont agree with half the crap you said. all i can tell you is my first 20ish runs i might have agreed with you more except for the nerf part. i still remember my first attempt with 80 deaths b4 i gave up without a complete. then 20 attempts later i was down to about 20 deaths and completing. every run its goten easiar and every run my score gets better. im averaging about 3-5 deaths now and best score is currently at 407k. i have enjoyed learning this content tho sometimes a lil frustrating lol. most people who are completing it now will tell you that you gotta learn the mechanics and what skills to use and where to use them, but im gona tell you that all you really need to do is learn to play your class and stop whining and crying for nerfs. wahhhhhhhboohooooooo
    Edited by IamNoobee on December 14, 2015 8:55PM
    PC NA ~STD and Wet Noodles~
    ~AD Main Alts - Zerog/Pyle - Magicka NB , Noobee - Stamina DK

~DC Alts - Not So Bright - Stamina Sorcerer

~EP Alts - Noobee Jr - Magicka NB

The first reset of VMA-PCNA #6 Nightblade Zerog
    In need of a PVP Guild
  • Catblade
    Catblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah upgrade materials aren't a thing. Or gold, or researching traits
    Edited by Catblade on December 14, 2015 8:55PM
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭

Done.

It won't be a problem if both Vet and Hard Core get on the leaderboards but hardcore has a score bonus. In fact, they should just make Normal mode qualify for the leaderboards with lower scores awarded and there wouldn't be any need to make a hardcore mode. The problem is that awarding Maelstrom gear to .1% of players that can do vetMA instead of the less than 1% that can do Normal MA with a good score.

It makes no sense that players that have VetMA scores in the hundreds get on the the leaderboards but players that can do perfect runs with no sigils of Normal can't.
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well after reading all this i really want to go in the vet arena.
    The normal was so easy that i got bored and grinded bosses outside instead.

If i can do it i will come back here to giggle since i have less than 170 cp and i only have vr15 purple gear with max 6 traits .
    Signature

• Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well after reading all this i really want to go in the vet arena.
    The normal was so easy that i got bored and grinded bosses outside instead.

If i can do it i will come back here to giggle since i have less than 170 cp and i only have vr15 purple gear with max 6 traits .

Interested in seeing your findings, as long as it wasn't done on a sorcerer of course.
    Edited by Justice31st on December 14, 2015 9:04PM
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyr wrote: »

Done.

It won't be a problem if both Vet and Hard Core get on the leaderboards but hardcore has a score bonus. In fact, they should just make Normal mode qualify for the leaderboards with lower scores awarded and there wouldn't be any need to make a hardcore mode. The problem is that awarding Maelstrom gear to .1% of players that can do vetMA instead of the less than 1% that can do Normal MA with a good score.

It makes no sense that players that have VetMA scores in the hundreds get on the the leaderboards but players that can do perfect runs with no sigils of Normal can't.

Because normal is a freaking joke, literially my skills one shot the mobs, and I can burn bosses down in less than a minute (people have killed bosses in 30 seconds) it's too easy to be considered for scoring.

The leaderboards are for gold masters weapons, they need the hardest content in the game to be completed, normal msa is one of the easiest things in the game.
  • Sav72
    Sav72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Agree with OP, 100%.
    Savoifair, EP NB

If you break something, you can glue it back together and fix it, but, it will always be broken...

• Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PrinceBoru wrote: »
    I'm on xb1.
    We all see players with the Maelstrom Champion as their title.

That's the title for completing it on normal xD
    Bet u don't see many with the Stormproof title ;)