The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Not going back to veteran Maelstrom Arena until it is nerfed on consoles.

• The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Delete
    Edited by The-Baconator on December 14, 2015 7:37PM
    First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
    Options
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when i see comments being made about vMSA not able to complete without addons i would say come check out consoles?
    according to you the leaderboards are empty. sure addons help with building your character but console players manage without ever having to use them ;)
    Options
  • Catblade
    Catblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol getting mad are we?
    Edited by Catblade on December 14, 2015 7:39PM
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »
    Ezareth wrote: »
    I am tired of these 1% players who keep posting veteran malestrom arena videos who have the best gear, items and maxed out champion points.

Many use keyboard macros and other cheats.
    9 trait gear needed.
    No addons on consoles which give a big advantage.

iWKad22.jpg?fb

No idea how anyone can deny the power of having addons, razer naga keyboard macros and mouse to do a lot of the work for PC players vs. consoles. Bad attempt on trolling with a image btw.

Don't think many people are using macros, since they are a bannable offence.

What power do addons give me btw? I can see damage numbers, but so far have yet to find an addon thst increases my dps or defence.

Oh and BTW macros have been proven to be ineffective in combat previously, infact they put you at a disadvantage as you're entered into a preprogrammed set of events, yet if something screws up in the middle of it you can't do anything to react.

Lol... People add the cancel command on the line of code so if they press it again it cancels to prevent that very issue from happening... I am done.
    Edited by Justice31st on December 14, 2015 7:39PM
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
    Options
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catblade wrote: »
    Yeah when i grind 200 more cp i'll be able to do it too. But aside from pc transfers and grinders not too many with that much on console. Most people i ask have less than me and i'm at 301. I can get to the boss fight on the toxic stage for now but i don't have the time or info to keep doing it. Yes having numbers would help me. How can i tell if my adjustments to CP are making a enough of a difference or if i should focus in other areas? Should i go more crit, more dmg like thaumaturge/mighty or a mix of both. Where the sweet spot? I have no idea

Why do you need more CP when people have done DEATHLESS RUNS with half of what you've currently got?

Because i don't have 17 hours a day to sit there and neglect my family, job, and social life until i have it down. I also don't have information to fine tune my build. Who knows if 20 champ points into the right area would help me, certainly not me. I can pump them blindly and assume i'm doing better or not, but i have no actual info. Maybe some people have 17 hours to sit there and not save the game, not take a dump, not have dinner. I can't say I respect them or care if they did it deathless

I don't have 17 hours a day, infact I find your post extremely rude and childish, I have a partner, I have various jobs around the house, I work full time, on my few few days off I still have stuff to do beside gaming and I've found time?

It's a YOU problem, not Cp , not console, not gear, not anythinf, it's YOUR lack of SKILL.

Just fyi go practise in normal mode, MAKE it harder in there, put on some green weapons, and armor, take off set pieces etc, lower your stars a chunk, then practise and practise, learn the mechanics.

Again people are doing deathless runs I'm under an hour, where the hell do you get 17 hours from?

It takes me about 30 mins to get to round 6, about another hour after that.

Options
  • Sharmony
    Sharmony
    ✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »
    Sharmony wrote: »
    acw37162 wrote: »
    Sharmony wrote: »
    My fourth ever run on magicka nightblade, the fourth best time in the world atm, no hacks, lots of mistakes, yes cp capped (like quite a few people are) and yes 'best' gear but that was easy to make and isn't hard to achieve even without good gear.

Run is Here

That's just absurd, what your refreshing path heals you for vs what my stamina based nigh blade heals for just absurd I say.

Congrats tho

Nb is just an example and is 2nd easiest to run on (Sorc is #1), have high runs of Templar and Dk coming soon. Personally I hope my videos stop posts like this from occurring by helping players to complete it - I'm just an everyday player, not some kind of macro'ing, super buffed madman people who struggle to complete it sometimes think the top scorers are :smile:

I have news for you.

Watching your videos and playing the game. Your not an "everyday" player.

That may be how you consider yourself and this is in no meant to be argumentative more as a compliment actually.

If your and everyday player your a really really good player.

I consider myself an average player I don't have good gear and enchants I Don't even have a V16 yet just a V11 and a V12. I play at my leisure and try to have fun but I watch and read and Leary e good habits.

I can crush the normal with the exception of the poison round which I'm convinced is glitched on PS4 in under and hour.

And I couldn't get past the first boss of the first round on Vet. I know the mechanics and the rotations use the buffs and just got crushed. I'm not saying nerd it but I am saying it's hard and frustratingly so.

I wish they would release the data I guarantee a very very small percentage of the population on console makes it very far

Thank you for the compliment, if you ever need a further hand you can always message me on the forums, I just uploaded the magicka dk run which I will make improvements on in the future if this is the class you play. More guides and actual verbal help video's will come in the future :smile: Goodluck with your runs!
    @Wjleppard - EU - Sharmony Youtube
    Holyfire - V16 Stamina Templar | Auriels Bow - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmony - V16 Magicka Templar | Flaming Rose - V16 Magicka Dragonknight | Rejuvenation - V16 Magicka Nightblade | Dora The (Explorer Title) - V16 Magicka Sorcerer | Critjiit - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Just Hold Block - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Stormburst - V16 Stamina Sorcerer | Ashenbourne - V16 Magicka Templar | Swims-At-Speed - V16 Magicka Templar | Sharmonknee - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmoney - V16 Magicka Warden
    Guild Affiliations: Hodor, Travelling Merchant, Aetherius Trade, Golden Goose.
    Previous Affiliations: GM of Well-Fitted, Almost Heroes, Kill All, Don't Die, Exile, Sigma Draconis, Legio Mortum
    Options
  • Catblade
    Catblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah when i grind 200 more cp i'll be able to do it too. But aside from pc transfers and grinders not too many with that much on console. Most people i ask have less than me and i'm at 301. I can get to the boss fight on the toxic stage for now but i don't have the time or info to keep doing it. Yes having numbers would help me. How can i tell if my adjustments to CP are making a enough of a difference or if i should focus in other areas? Should i go more crit, more dmg like thaumaturge/mighty or a mix of both. Where the sweet spot? I have no idea

Why do you need more CP when people have done DEATHLESS RUNS with half of what you've currently got?

Because i don't have 17 hours a day to sit there and neglect my family, job, and social life until i have it down. I also don't have information to fine tune my build. Who knows if 20 champ points into the right area would help me, certainly not me. I can pump them blindly and assume i'm doing better or not, but i have no actual info. Maybe some people have 17 hours to sit there and not save the game, not take a dump, not have dinner. I can't say I respect them or care if they did it deathless

I don't have 17 hours a day, infact I find your post extremely rude and childish, I have a partner, I have various jobs around the house, I work full time, on my few few days off I still have stuff to do beside gaming and I've found time?

It's a YOU problem, not Cp , not console, not gear, not anythinf, it's YOUR lack of SKILL.

Just fyi go practise in normal mode, MAKE it harder in there, put on some green weapons, and armor, take off set pieces etc, lower your stars a chunk, then practise and practise, learn the mechanics.

Again people are doing deathless runs I'm under an hour, where the hell do you get 17 hours from?

It takes me about 30 mins to get to round 6, about another hour after that.

Good for you, want a cookie?
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artjuh90 wrote: »
    when i see comments being made about vMSA not able to complete without addons i would say come check out consoles?
    according to you the leaderboards are empty. sure addons help with building your character but console players manage without ever having to use them ;)

I never said console players are not being able to complete vMA. I said it is the 1% with many being maxed CP PC transfers, and the majority being sorcerers which vMA has been geared to. I would say come check out my posts before creating one and lying about what I said.
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
    Options
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7. Live in australia suffer from 300-400ms ping the account for the laggy arena after round 5 and rage quit because australia
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destyran wrote: »
    7. Live in australia suffer from 300-400ms ping the account for the laggy arena after round 5 and rage quit because australia

^LOL. +1 to Awesome.
    Edited by Justice31st on December 14, 2015 7:47PM
    Options
  • Catblade
    Catblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    For every bad decision that turns away players ZOS makes there will always be those who support it because "they can". That's not what's going to generate revenue for the company and make a worthwhile gaming experience for everyone. Maybe make an elite difficulty for the people who enjoy that type of thing but giving overpowered players access to the weapons and locking average players out is only going to kill the game and having people more upset about imbalance. Of course the overpowered players will defend it because it benefits them only they could care less about anyone else. Sling insults at me all you like i don't mind. A truly skilled player would want everyone geared up in the best gear that way they could find a challenge in pvp
    Edited by Catblade on December 14, 2015 7:55PM
    Options
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This post is just the quintessence of a childish console player. By the way you have the same information as we do - it's called the internet, dear :)
    The dungeon difficulty between vMA and vDSA is a joke.
    You know why? Because vDSA was nerfed to hell because of threads like these.
    I said it is the 1% with many being maxed CP PC transfers
    It's easy throwing in 'maxed CP PC transers' as an argument without any evidence. It's a bad excuse :)
    Edited by Jhunn on December 14, 2015 7:54PM
    Gave up.
    Options
  • Instant
    Instant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am tired of these 1% players who keep posting veteran malestrom arena videos who have the best gear, items and maxed out champion points. Many use keyboard macros and other cheats. I don't know why ZOS even cares to use these players as the dungeon difficulty example. In reality, the majority of eso players are struggling to even complete veteran maelstrom arena; let alone have a chance at the new master weapons, and especially on console. Just look at the leaderboards. I do not understand why ZOS wants the majority % of eso players to rage quit the game. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert

And also inb4 the elitist and L2P groupies.

Here is a quick list of reasos why malestrom arena needs to be nerfed on console.

1. 9 trait gear needed.
    2. Massive repair, food, potion cost.
    3. Horribly designed catered to ranged and primarily sorcerers.
    4. Having to respect to a min/max build in order to get the best chance possible.
    5. Champion point heavily dependent.
    6. No addons on consoles which give a big advantage.

Feel free to add to the list below with your own frusterations about the veteran Maelstrom Arena.

Ty, haven't laughed this hard in a long time.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Why do ppl always think that other ppl use macros?
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instant wrote: »
    I am tired of these 1% players who keep posting veteran malestrom arena videos who have the best gear, items and maxed out champion points. Many use keyboard macros and other cheats. I don't know why ZOS even cares to use these players as the dungeon difficulty example. In reality, the majority of eso players are struggling to even complete veteran maelstrom arena; let alone have a chance at the new master weapons, and especially on console. Just look at the leaderboards. I do not understand why ZOS wants the majority % of eso players to rage quit the game. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert

And also inb4 the elitist and L2P groupies.

Here is a quick list of reasos why malestrom arena needs to be nerfed on console.

1. 9 trait gear needed.
    2. Massive repair, food, potion cost.
    4. Having to respect to a min/max build in order to get the best chance possible.
    5. Champion point heavily dependent.
    6. No addons on consoles which give a big advantage.

Feel free to add to the list below with your own frusterations about the veteran Maelstrom Arena.

Ty, haven't laughed this hard in a long time.

Yw, I am glad you got some kinds of trollish amusement out of it. :smile: Keeping having fun with the unfair PC advantages. I would laugh all day if ZOS took out addons and 3rd party peripheral support then saw all the PC rage quitters asking for nerfs.
    Edited by Justice31st on December 14, 2015 7:57PM
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Fat_Cat45 wrote: »

I have zero ranged abilities and also a stamina build. I just cleared it in 58 minutes and some seconds

nGLcCUS.jpg

Gratz, that is very impressive! Your name tho xD
    Edited by Alcast on December 14, 2015 7:57PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Eleusian
    Eleusian
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think completion on this is 1%. Maybe like .0001 and 90% PC tranfers with high Cp on consoles.
    PS4 NA
    Options
  • Catblade
    Catblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eleusian wrote: »
    I don't think completion on this is 1%. Maybe like .0001 and 90% PC tranfers with high Cp on consoles.

0.1% proof uploading
    Edited by Catblade on December 14, 2015 7:59PM
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eleusian wrote: »

Your are right, I was being generous with the 1%. Us console players are the ones who knows what goes on inside our own game version.
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Why do ppl always think that other ppl use macros?

It's a convenient scapegoat. Easier to find something to blame than to face the fact that you need to get better with practice, experience, etc.
    Options
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For every bad decision that turns away players ZOS makes there will always be those who support it because "they can". That's not what's going to generate revenue for the company and make a worthwhile gaming experience for everyone. Maybe make an elite difficulty for the people who enjoy that type of thing but giving overpowered players access to the weapons and locking average players out is only going to kill the game and having people more upset about imbalance. Of course the overpowered players will defend it because it benefits them only they could care less about anyone else. Sling insults at me all you like i don't mind.

catblade i have to disagree here.
    i do think there has to be hard content in a game to keep players interested. if everything is easy people will soon find themself bored and looking elsewere for a challenge. these days games are already easyer then games used to. the older games really had the hard content that you could get frustrated and quit. we can agrue about this being good or bad (good because the feeling of accomplishment vs bad people getting frustrated and may never beat it. there is a large player base who really likes these challenges fine examples are the now kinda old ninja gaiden and the dark souls series
    Options
  • Catblade
    Catblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWNhwsAWsAAgVOT.jpg:large a tenth of a percent have completed it. Normal 0.2%
    Edited by Catblade on December 14, 2015 8:02PM
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For every bad decision that turns away players ZOS makes there will always be those who support it because "they can". That's not what's going to generate revenue for the company and make a worthwhile gaming experience for everyone. Maybe make an elite difficulty for the people who enjoy that type of thing but giving overpowered players access to the weapons and locking average players out is only going to kill the game and having people more upset about imbalance. Of course the overpowered players will defend it because it benefits them only they could care less about anyone else. Sling insults at me all you like i don't mind.

i do think there has to be hard content in a game to keep players interested. if everything is easy people will soon find themself bored and looking elsewere for a challenge. these days games are already easyer then games used to. the older games really had the hard content that you could get frustrated and quit. we can agrue about this being good or bad (good because the feeling of accomplishment vs bad people getting frustrated and may never beat it. there is a large player base who really likes these challenges fine examples are the now kinda old ninja gaiden and the dark souls series

And I have to diagree with you. My first MMO was everquest 1 in the 1990's. And I have yet to find a MMO comparable to the current dungeon difficulty of vMA on a magicka Templar on console.
    Edited by Justice31st on December 14, 2015 8:01PM
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How about post an evidence video of your current CP, gear/skill setup and completing vMA instead of having us take your word for it.

[Moderator Note: Removed moderated quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Alex on December 14, 2015 9:52PM
    Options
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And I have to diagree with you. My first MMO was everquest 1 in the 1990's. And I have yet to find a MMO comparable to the current dungeon difficulty of vMA on a magicka Templar on console.

i can't argue about MMO's how hard they were because im not that big of a MMO player myself. tried GW and WoW but didn't like them. ESO is the only MMO who kept me playing the game longer then a week.These days the single player games are more cookiecutter then they used to be. good examples are fallout, the old prince of persia and maybe a less old game who fits the bill perfectly aswell dragon age.
    p.s. because vMSA is solo they do fit the bill :P
    Edited by Artjuh90 on December 14, 2015 8:09PM
    Options
  • Catblade
    Catblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWNhwsAWsAAgVOT.jpg:large

Truth be told even if EQ next is horrible I'll probably be moving over to that when it hits console
    Edited by Catblade on December 14, 2015 8:09PM
    Options
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i can't argue about MMO's how hard they were because im not that big of a MMO player myself. tried GW and WoW but didn't like them. ESO is the only MMO who kept me playing the game longer then a week.These days the single player games are more cookiecutter then they used to be. good examples are fallout, the old prince of persia and maybe a less old game who fits the bill perfectly aswell dragon age.
    p.s. because vMSA is solo they do fit the bill :P

Hmm, I would of picked Contra on Nintendo myself. Or Aladdin on Sega Genesis. But w/e :wink:
    Edited by Justice31st on December 14, 2015 8:10PM
    Options
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Truth be told even if EQ next is horrible I'll probably be moving over to that when it hits console

Please do move on, you'll be doing all of us a massive favour...far too much QQ, people like you made me stop playing on console and start a new on pc (kept the 1.4 mil gold though just for lols)
    Options
  • Catblade
    Catblade
    ✭✭✭✭

Please do move on, you'll be doing all of us a massive favour...far too much QQ, people like you made me stop playing on console and start a new on pc (kept the 1.4 mil gold though just for lols)

Glad to see you move on I'd rather not encounter toxic people such as yourself. Hope you enjoy PC and have fun
    Options
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you ever hear of "fight or flight"?
    It is a term that expresses when a person experiences some difficult situation and usually has to react in seconds. Some people choose to battle the situation to test their resolve and some like to flee and live to see another day.

In this scenario some people like to test themselves by honing their skills, patience, resilience and will.
    While others just give up and go to the forums to complain.

So tell me, is it that bad that only "fight" players get rewarded?

To make my point more clear: Did you do absolutely everything you can to improve your gear and stats? Did you spend hours and hours learning the vMA stages trying to perfect your strategy to beat it?
    If the answer is no, then you're not a "fight" player.
    Edited by Dubhliam on December 14, 2015 8:20PM
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
    Options