Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Not going back to veteran Maelstrom Arena until it is nerfed on consoles.

• acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharmony wrote: »
    My fourth ever run on magicka nightblade, the fourth best time in the world atm, no hacks, lots of mistakes, yes cp capped (like quite a few people are) and yes 'best' gear but that was easy to make and isn't hard to achieve even without good gear.

Run is Here

That's just absurd, what your refreshing path heals you for vs what my stamina based nigh blade heals for just absurd I say.

Congrats tho
  • Steel_Brightblade
    Steel_Brightblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    All I want for it is a save option, I rarely get more than an hour and a half in one hit to play thanks to real life. Seems unreasonable to expect people on their first runs through to spend upwards of 6 hours in one go with the additional issue of if you go for a long dump you can get booted for inactivity and have to start again.

Other than that I'd be happy to do this content at current difficulty.
  • Sharmony
    Sharmony
    ✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »
    My fourth ever run on magicka nightblade, the fourth best time in the world atm, no hacks, lots of mistakes, yes cp capped (like quite a few people are) and yes 'best' gear but that was easy to make and isn't hard to achieve even without good gear.

Run is Here

That's just absurd, what your refreshing path heals you for vs what my stamina based nigh blade heals for just absurd I say.

Congrats tho

Nb is just an example and is 2nd easiest to run on (Sorc is #1), have high runs of Templar and Dk coming soon. Personally I hope my videos stop posts like this from occurring by helping players to complete it - I'm just an everyday player, not some kind of macro'ing, super buffed madman people who struggle to complete it sometimes think the top scorers are :smile:
    Edited by Sharmony on December 12, 2015 10:38PM
    @Wjleppard - EU - Sharmony Youtube
    Holyfire - V16 Stamina Templar | Auriels Bow - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmony - V16 Magicka Templar | Flaming Rose - V16 Magicka Dragonknight | Rejuvenation - V16 Magicka Nightblade | Dora The (Explorer Title) - V16 Magicka Sorcerer | Critjiit - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Just Hold Block - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Stormburst - V16 Stamina Sorcerer | Ashenbourne - V16 Magicka Templar | Swims-At-Speed - V16 Magicka Templar | Sharmonknee - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmoney - V16 Magicka Warden
    Guild Affiliations: Hodor, Travelling Merchant, Aetherius Trade, Golden Goose.
    Previous Affiliations: GM of Well-Fitted, Almost Heroes, Kill All, Don't Die, Exile, Sigma Draconis, Legio Mortum
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it was a good idea to put a solo arena in MMO from the beginning. Especially into the game which ESO currently is - game with some clear balance issues among classes.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jura23 wrote: »
    I don't think it was a good idea to put a solo arena in MMO from the beginning. Especially into the game which ESO currently is - game with some clear balance issues among classes.

boom
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Fat_Cat45
    Fat_Cat45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3. Horribly designed catered to ranged and primarily sorcerers.

I have zero ranged abilities and also a stamina build. I just cleared it in 58 minutes and some seconds

nGLcCUS.jpg
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alec508 wrote: »
    Catblade wrote: »
    Casdha wrote: »
    Simple request, and I applaud the ones who do it ahead of time.

To: Someone who can complete Vet Maelstrom

Please make a video of completing it with all add-ons turned off.

Thanks,

With a blind build you can't test or even see dmg numbers or how much you're taking

Maybe I misread your comment but that's exactly what he was trying to make a point of, how do you expect console players with no add ons to complete it ?

As someone who played on both pc and console, why would you expect people to not be able to complete it JUST because they don't have addons? I would love having them available on PS4 and I hope ZOS adds in damage numbers at a bare minimum, but I don't see how missing this information could prevent someone from completing vMA.

The only thing I was trying to say is that unless a PC player is willing to try and can complete without add-ons then any argument against what the OP was trying to say is moot. That said, I have never advocated to nerf the content.

I do believe to some extent the content shows the wildly variant builds that can and can not be achieved in this game depending on race and class choices. IMHO Skill choices and gear choices are fine in this game, it is the Race Class combinations that are in dire need of balancing.

Folks should not be at a disadvantage because they choose to play a particular Race Class combo in an RPG with this background. 10k difference in dps because of a race class combo is too much. That much in gear and skill choices are to be expected, because those can be changed and/or learned in addition to what you have.
    Edited by Casdha on December 12, 2015 11:46PM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• ScooberSteve
    ScooberSteve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why would you want to do it anyway? The weapons suck. Come play pvp
  • JiraKolnoz
    I am not a veteran by any means, but I have to say if anything this post excites me, rather than turn me away from the challenge. Your saying this Maelstrom Arena punishes mistakes and poor skill? Sounds like every game needs one. Skill caps are set to low these days..a higher calling if you will is what keeps players playing:)
    Add me on PSN - Mage1992
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am tired of these 1% players who keep posting veteran malestrom arena videos who have the best gear, items and maxed out champion points. Many use keyboard macros and other cheats. I don't know why ZOS even cares to use these players as the dungeon difficulty example. In reality, the majority of eso players are struggling to even complete veteran maelstrom arena; let alone have a chance at the new master weapons, and especially on console. Just look at the leaderboards. I do not understand why ZOS wants the majority % of eso players to rage quit the game. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert

And also inb4 the elitist and L2P groupies.

Here is a quick list of reasos why malestrom arena needs to be nerfed on console.

1. 9 trait gear needed.
    2. Massive repair, food, potion cost.
    3. Horribly designed catered to ranged and primarily sorcerers.
    4. Having to respect to a min/max build in order to get the best chance possible.
    5. Champion point heavily dependent.
    6. No addons on consoles which give a big advantage.

Feel free to add to the list below with your own frusterations about the veteran Maelstrom Arena.

Umm what? I did this on a stam sorc using hundings I use two hander and dw vet maelstrom was tough but doable not even using boss helm or shoulders. Potions are not hard to make or get and food lasts for 1-2 hours used two foods during my run. There is nothing 9 trait required to do this on vet armor master morkuldin and twice born aren't God mode by any means. I'm sorry but despite your inb4 l2p you need to l2p...
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5. See #3, most who completed this in the first week had 250-450 (once again PS4 NA) and I know people who have ran it on temp and nb with 0-150 just for lols.

It wasn't for the lols, i needed to know if it was possible with an insanely low amount of CP since i kept getting asked, "can i do it with x CP?".

OP don't give up on the arena, try asking for advice from someone who completed it within your own class. As more players get more practice expect that leader board to be filling up.
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks,

So @Casdha, it's not the whole run (I did record a whole run but it's 32GB, bugger uploading that!) but it is without addons!

I have uploaded the last boss fight without addons for you, if you want to see a specific part done without addons just request and I will upload it.

I will add as well that the only addons I have on are Wykkyd Toolbar (to see FPS/ping), X4D Chat because the chat was buggy without it and RaidTimer for obvious reasons. No addons that actually help in combat in any way.

Cheers!

https://youtu.be/8kGGFVoN9lw
    Edited by Paulington on December 13, 2015 2:00AM
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭
    5. See #3, most who completed this in the first week had 250-450 (once again PS4 NA) and I know people who have ran it on temp and nb with 0-150 just for lols.

It wasn't for the lols, i needed to know if it was possible with an insanely low amount of CP since i kept getting asked, "can i do it with x CP?".

OP don't give up on the arena, try asking for advice from someone who completed it within your own class. As more players get more practice expect that leader board to be filling up.

I wasn't referencing you specifically but I assume you were able to complete it on your magicka temp with 150? I had talked to a few people that went in there just for fun with sub 200 values with mixed results, but on sorc specifically I feel you could easily make due with some build adjustments no matter how low your cp and still clear, albeit at a slower pace.

Btw how much luck have you had with drops? I can't seem to get anything beside BiS stamina weapons I'll never use and well fitted drops. I ground out over 30 runs just for succession pieces and I only got 3 usable armor pieces with no jewelry :|
    First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »

Thanks,

So @Casdha, it's not the whole run (I did record a whole run but it's 32GB, bugger uploading that!) but it is without addons!

I have uploaded the last boss fight without addons for you, if you want to see a specific part done without addons just request and I will upload it.

I will add as well that the only addons I have on are Wykkyd Toolbar (to see FPS/ping), X4D Chat because the chat was buggy without it and RaidTimer for obvious reasons. No addons that actually help in combat in any way.

Cheers!

https://youtu.be/8kGGFVoN9lw

NO addons is OP. Nerf No addons. :#
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combat addons will help you maximize DPS in content where that's your only role and you're free to focus entirely on it. They really don't give you any advantage at all in vMSA.
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wasn't referencing you specifically but I assume you were able to complete it on your magicka temp with 150? I had talked to a few people that went in there just for fun with sub 200 values with mixed results, but on sorc specifically I feel you could easily make due with some build adjustments no matter how low your cp and still clear, albeit at a slower pace.

Btw how much luck have you had with drops? I can't seem to get anything beside BiS stamina weapons I'll never use and well fitted drops. I ground out over 30 runs just for succession pieces and I only got 3 usable armor pieces with no jewelry :|

Currently pulling above 50% master weapons, i have actually got nearly every single one, in both precise and sharpened. Just filling in the remainder of duel wield.

Yeah i did it with 150 CP the other day, it was a bit of a learning curve but still managed to get it done with 51 deaths, and 3 hours 5 minutes. I really wanted to know how possible it was, even knowing the mechanics it was challenging to find the right set up to mitigate enough damage. Once i adjusted my build it only took a few tries, if i did go back in again i could do it much faster. Not going to subject myself to that again willingly!

Managed to get my flawless run finished tonight, stage 6 was a real beast to get through without the obelisks bugging out.

Im sure Attacko has shared his horrid luck, 12 runs no master weapons :neutral:
  • vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    ✭✭✭✭
    It do not need a nerf.I have not complete it yet but still I dont want a nerf.

Many of the frustration expressed in this post and many others can be resolved by having a save feature for VMA.A save feature gives break to continue later so you can rest from mental fatigue.It will also allow you to enjoy other content in the game and not spend your 3-4 hrs of game time in just one content,vMA.

Dont ask for a nerf OP,help many other players by voting for a save feature in this thread.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/234011/should-vet-maelstrom-have-some-type-of-save-function/p1

ZOS already is listening,but they say its difficult to implement( i dont know about that) Let them know how bad the majority of players want a save feature for vMA.Most player voting in favor are even wiling to be excluded from the leaderboards if you save,which i think is fair.
    Edited by vladimilianoub17_ESO1 on December 13, 2015 3:13AM
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I personally think Maelstrom was a bad direction, I said this before the content even came out and it holds true still. We are playing an MMO, a solo instance is cool and fun and all, but what it really comes down to is class synergies it's how ZOS designed this game and intended it to be, jumping into Maelstrom was fun at first having tried it on all characters you can really see how some classes have it much better than others, this creates an imbalance internally, you can tell the arena was not at all tested thoroughly on Veteran, they've made the players test it.

I like the content and I can do it, I just don't think we even needed this, competitively this content died out within a week there is a collective 7-10 people currently between EU and NA that are going for the #1 spot. The others are punishing themselves to get a weekly clear for a chance at the weapon and once they get it I doubt they will ever go back in there. It's a struggle for a player to want to go in there. And that is a very poor design to follow, the mechanics are there, they are fun but they are missing something important for how many mechanics are going on at once; teamwork.

It is very clear that Maelstrom was designed to be a 2 person arena and then they had changed it last minute or something, every round shows a 2 person mechanic.

Round 1: You or your teammate kites around the ground AoE that follows you.
    Round 2: Someone works on the leavers and actually does the mechanic.
    Round 3: Someone deals with the Stranglers (thats why the pull was originally in there)
    Round 4: Someone deals with the sentry bots
    Round 5: Someone deals with the trolls
    Round 6: Someone deals with the webbers and another deals with the hoarvers
    Round 7: Well just an RNG mess but since you get a healing debuff on you, the mechanic is probably meant to be your teammate heals you or shields you if you get poison on you, amazing right? Might actually survive that for once. Or someone focuses on killing venomcallers and the other pops the plants
    Round 8: someone focuses on taunting and kiting the boss as the other breaks the walls down, someone kills the adds etc
    Round 9: Someone would collect all of the ghosts while the other does damage, someone would kill the summoners, someone would kill the titan.
    Final boss: Someone would stay bottom and deal with the healer down there then go back up and heal kill the crystals

It is extremely clear that it was a 2 person arena that it was scrapped for who knows what reason? Time maybe? I suppose that's got something to do with the -15000 point bonus at the end maybe the actual final boss round in the arena was removed as it was purely designed for 2 people.

To get back on topic, no Maelstrom doesn't need a nerf you don't need Twice Born Star you need Julianos and you need to memorise the spawns, Maelstrom is very static not much changes per run apart from the RNG rounds (6 and 7) everything else is just timing and practice.

IMO: ZOS totally missed the point of this update. We waited a year+ for a solo instance that more than 95% of the community doesn't even want to run because they can't, they don't put enough effort in for it, there is no reward, it costs a lot to run, there is no decent gear in there only maelstrom weapons which by the way you made it extremely easy to get those so the content will die even faster as most of the people have their weapons now. Just saying if it was a 2 man arena it would probably be more popular than what Dragonstar was, that content was a complete success. ESO is all about synergy, not solo play ;) it's even marketed as that, your whole combat system is resolved around synergies too.
    Edited by Nifty2g on December 13, 2015 3:22AM
    #MOREORBS
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭

Currently pulling above 50% master weapons, i have actually got nearly every single one, in both precise and sharpened. Just filling in the remainder of duel wield.

Yeah i did it with 150 CP the other day, it was a bit of a learning curve but still managed to get it done with 51 deaths, and 3 hours 5 minutes. I really wanted to know how possible it was, even knowing the mechanics it was challenging to find the right set up to mitigate enough damage. Once i adjusted my build it only took a few tries, if i did go back in again i could do it much faster. Not going to subject myself to that again willingly!

Managed to get my flawless run finished tonight, stage 6 was a real beast to get through without the obelisks bugging out.

Im sure Attacko has shared his horrid luck, 12 runs no master weapons :neutral:

Well congrats on the flawless run. I would say your the first nonsorc to get it so far on PS4, but every single weapon? If you have two maelstroms daggers you HAVE to reroll stam just for the flurry followed by mega-buffed jabs. I can already see the hate tells following the 1.6esque instagib. Imagine with 60-70k stam as emp :trollface:
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol actually if you go into the entrance of maelstrom before the portal, it displays all of the heads of the final bosses, there are 10 there. The Baron is displayed there and he was obviously meant to be the final boss, but following vdsa design, the final boss would be incredibly hard and if it was actually designed for a 2 person arena (obviously) you wouldn't be able to do it solo. So they removed it and then remove the -15000 points you get for beating arena.

Round 9 boss does not feel like a final boss, that boss is so easy....

Just my thoughts anyway.
    Edited by Nifty2g on December 13, 2015 3:53AM
    #MOREORBS
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Isn't the point of leader boards to find the top 1% of players?

Yes, absolutely. But we are not talking about content where the top players get the leaderboard spots and bragging rights and weekly rewards. We are talking content where only the Top 1% (actually, much much less than 1%) can even finish the content. That is ridiculous.

One of the major reasons games have leaderboards is to provide to players with something to strive for besides just completing the content. But when 99.9% of the player base cannot even complete the content, you have taken difficulty way too far.

^This.
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks,

With a blind build you can't test or even see dmg numbers or how much you're taking

Maybe I misread your comment but that's exactly what he was trying to make a point of, how do you expect console players with no add ons to complete it ?

^And this
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeh, I hate those ESO 1%ers. The 99% should start a movement.

#occupyDeshaan
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's brutal.

So funny watching the few hundred players who can beat it tell the other thousands that try to go play normal or learn to play.

@zos anyone just publish the data to webcode if it's not already there or better yet give a website or interface where every player can go and look to see.......

How many players attempted
    How far they got
    Race, build, and abilities used
    Time to clear
    Number of deaths
    Etc....

Open source all the Malestrom data, he'll open source all the game data I guarantee you that if you get thousands of people looking it they will see things the forty or fifty (guess) you have working on the game might miss out of familiarity.

All this I beat it, I have dozens of friends that beat it, someone I know beat it with 150 CP while white VR1 gear with no potions is great reading and all but show us the hard data and let us sift through it.

On top of the absurd difficulty, on top of it being slightly harder in console for a couple of reasons (no add ons, and for some reason weapon swap is less responsive on console) I also suggest there are rare to no stamina builds beating Vet Malestrom without Vigor (the lone exception being Stam sorcs b/c well crit surge) a pure PVP skill, if that's the case a not news news flash, that's a balance problem.

^This as well.
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks,

As someone who played on both pc and console, why would you expect people to not be able to complete it JUST because they don't have addons? I would love having them available on PS4 and I hope ZOS adds in damage numbers at a bare minimum, but I don't see how missing this information could prevent someone from completing vMA.

The only thing I was trying to say is that unless a PC player is willing to try and can complete without add-ons then any argument against what the OP was trying to say is moot. That said, I have never advocated to nerf the content.

I do believe to some extent the content shows the wildly variant builds that can and can not be achieved in this game depending on race and class choices. IMHO Skill choices and gear choices are fine in this game, it is the Race Class combinations that are in dire need of balancing.

Folks should not be at a disadvantage because they choose to play a particular Race Class combo in an RPG with this background. 10k difference in dps because of a race class combo is too much. That much in gear and skill choices are to be expected, because those can be changed and/or learned in addition to what you have.

^Well put.
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are assuming that I have not followed the builds posted by the 1% and have not watched their videos. I am sitting at 270 champion points and have gold engine guardian, juilianos, and the will power set on console. I play everyday at an upwards of 10 hours since console beta. There is a huge advantage gap between PC and Console, between champion points, keyboard macros, addons. etc. I hope in the future ZOS will game test on both platforms before releasing new challenging content. I appreciate everyone's feedback other than the non constructive L2P one.
    Edited by Justice31st on December 14, 2015 6:56PM
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People are assuming that I have not followed the builds posted by the 1% and have not watched their videos. I am sitting at 270 champion points and have gold engine guardian, juilianos, and the will power set on console. I play everyday at an upwards of 10 hours since console beta. There is a huge advantage gap between PC and Console, between champion points, keyboard macros, addons. etc. I hope in the future ZOS will game test on both platforms before releasing new challenging content. I appreciate everyone's feedback other than the non constructive L2P one.

No-one uses keyboard macros. Addons make very, very little difference (as I showed in the video I made). Champion points make a difference sure but they aren't the be-all and end-all.

Ultimately being successful in vMA is about practice and developing strategies. Is it harder on console? Probably. Is it impossible? Definitely not.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Run is Here

Congrats tho

Nb is just an example and is 2nd easiest to run on (Sorc is #1), have high runs of Templar and Dk coming soon. Personally I hope my videos stop posts like this from occurring by helping players to complete it - I'm just an everyday player, not some kind of macro'ing, super buffed madman people who struggle to complete it sometimes think the top scorers are :smile:

I have news for you.

Watching your videos and playing the game. Your not an "everyday" player.

That may be how you consider yourself and this is in no meant to be argumentative more as a compliment actually.

If your and everyday player your a really really good player.

I consider myself an average player I don't have good gear and enchants I Don't even have a V16 yet just a V11 and a V12. I play at my leisure and try to have fun but I watch and read and Leary e good habits.

I can crush the normal with the exception of the poison round which I'm convinced is glitched on PS4 in under and hour.

And I couldn't get past the first boss of the first round on Vet. I know the mechanics and the rotations use the buffs and just got crushed. I'm not saying nerd it but I am saying it's hard and frustratingly so.

I wish they would release the data I guarantee a very very small percentage of the population on console makes it very far
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭

Might I ask what class you play and what stages your getting stuck on?
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah when i grind 200 more cp i'll be able to do it too. But aside from pc transfers and grinders not too many with that much on console. Most people i ask have less than me and i'm at 301. I can get to the boss fight on the toxic stage for now but i don't have the time or info to keep doing it. Yes having numbers would help me. How can i tell if my adjustments to CP are making a enough of a difference or if i should focus in other areas? Should i go more crit, more dmg like thaumaturge/mighty or a mix of both. Where the sweet spot? I have no idea

Why do you need more CP when people have done DEATHLESS RUNS with half of what you've currently got?