The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Not going back to veteran Maelstrom Arena until it is nerfed on consoles.

• Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are assuming that I have not followed the builds posted by the 1% and have not watched their videos. I am sitting at 270 champion points and have gold engine guardian, juilianos, and the will power set on console. I play everyday at an upwards of 10 hours since console beta. There is a huge advantage gap between PC and Console, between champion points, keyboard macros, addons. etc. I hope in the future ZOS will game test on both platforms before releasing new challenging content. I appreciate everyone's feedback other than the non constructive L2P one.

Might I ask what class you play and what stages your getting stuck on?

Magicka Templar, and I am not having trouble on a particular stage. It more has to do with the class mobility issues, the mob damage, and harness magicka having nill effect.

Edit: And the high risk vs. low reward aspect of the arena. (repair costs, purple pots, foods etc. vs. small sum of gold and items from stage completion chest)
    Edited by Justice31st on December 14, 2015 7:13PM
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am tired of these 1% players who keep posting veteran malestrom arena videos who have the best gear, items and maxed out champion points. Many use keyboard macros and other cheats.
    I stopped reading here. Obviously someone who's always mad at better players. I feel bad for you :)
    Gave up.
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »
    Sharmony wrote: »
    acw37162 wrote: »
    Sharmony wrote: »
    My fourth ever run on magicka nightblade, the fourth best time in the world atm, no hacks, lots of mistakes, yes cp capped (like quite a few people are) and yes 'best' gear but that was easy to make and isn't hard to achieve even without good gear.

Run is Here

That's just absurd, what your refreshing path heals you for vs what my stamina based nigh blade heals for just absurd I say.

Congrats tho

Nb is just an example and is 2nd easiest to run on (Sorc is #1), have high runs of Templar and Dk coming soon. Personally I hope my videos stop posts like this from occurring by helping players to complete it - I'm just an everyday player, not some kind of macro'ing, super buffed madman people who struggle to complete it sometimes think the top scorers are :smile:

I have news for you.

Watching your videos and playing the game. Your not an "everyday" player.

That may be how you consider yourself and this is in no meant to be argumentative more as a compliment actually.

If your and everyday player your a really really good player.

I consider myself an average player I don't have good gear and enchants I Don't even have a V16 yet just a V11 and a V12. I play at my leisure and try to have fun but I watch and read and Leary e good habits.

I can crush the normal with the exception of the poison round which I'm convinced is glitched on PS4 in under and hour.

And I couldn't get past the first boss of the first round on Vet. I know the mechanics and the rotations use the buffs and just got crushed. I'm not saying nerd it but I am saying it's hard and frustratingly so.

I wish they would release the data I guarantee a very very small percentage of the population on console makes it very far

I wouldn't recommend doing what is designed to be the most difficult PvE content in the game when you are below max level with bad gear :|
    First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • Catblade
    Catblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »
    Catblade wrote: »
    Yeah when i grind 200 more cp i'll be able to do it too. But aside from pc transfers and grinders not too many with that much on console. Most people i ask have less than me and i'm at 301. I can get to the boss fight on the toxic stage for now but i don't have the time or info to keep doing it. Yes having numbers would help me. How can i tell if my adjustments to CP are making a enough of a difference or if i should focus in other areas? Should i go more crit, more dmg like thaumaturge/mighty or a mix of both. Where the sweet spot? I have no idea

Why do you need more CP when people have done DEATHLESS RUNS with half of what you've currently got?

Because i don't have 17 hours a day to sit there and neglect my family, job, and social life until i have it down. I also don't have information to fine tune my build. Who knows if 20 champ points into the right area would help me, certainly not me. I can pump them blindly and assume i'm doing better or not, but i have no actual info. Maybe some people have 17 hours to sit there and not save the game, not take a dump, not have dinner. I can't say I respect them or care if they did it deathless
    Edited by Catblade on December 14, 2015 7:12PM
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am tired of these 1% players who keep posting veteran malestrom arena videos who have the best gear, items and maxed out champion points.

Many use keyboard macros and other cheats.
    9 trait gear needed.
    No addons on consoles which give a big advantage.

iWKad22.jpg?fb

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use my sorc which has posted a 400k vma score on NA PC
    Julianos 5 PC (crafted 6 trait)
    Molag kena 2 PC
    Willpower 3 PC
    Maelstrom.ice staff
    Dual weild torugs pact (2 trait)

Very simple to use

This is clearly a l2p issue
  • Catblade
    Catblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    Molag kena 2 PC
    Willpower 3 PC
    Maelstrom.ice staff

Very simple to use

Oh so just equip the maelstrom ice staff and beat it that way? lol
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    I am tired of these 1% players who keep posting veteran malestrom arena videos who have the best gear, items and maxed out champion points.

9 trait gear needed.

iWKad22.jpg?fb

No idea how anyone can deny the power of having addons, razer naga keyboard macros and mouse to do a lot of the work for PC players vs. consoles. Bad attempt on trolling with a image btw.
    Edited by Justice31st on December 14, 2015 7:16PM
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • Catblade
    Catblade
    ✭✭✭✭

9 trait gear needed.

iWKad22.jpg?fb

No idea how anyone can deny the power of having addons, razer naga keyboard macros and mouse to do a lot of the work for PC players vs. consoles. Bad attempt on trolling with a image btw.

They can't even come up with original memes
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭
    People are assuming that I have not followed the builds posted by the 1% and have not watched their videos. I am sitting at 270 champion points and have gold engine guardian, juilianos, and the will power set on console. I play everyday at an upwards of 10 hours since console beta. There is a huge advantage gap between PC and Console, between champion points, keyboard macros, addons. etc. I hope in the future ZOS will game test on both platforms before releasing new challenging content. I appreciate everyone's feedback other than the non constructive L2P one.

Might I ask what class you play and what stages your getting stuck on?

Magicka Templar, and I am not having trouble on a particular stage. It more has to do with the class mobility issues, the mob damage, and harness magicka having nill effect.

I personally am not familiar with the proper way to utilize the templar toolkit in vMA but I'm sure @FireCowCommando could help you out, as I believe he is already pushing 430k score as a magicka templar.

Edit: On PS4 NA btw
    Edited by The-Baconator on December 14, 2015 7:19PM
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am tired of these 1% players who keep posting veteran malestrom arena videos who have the best gear, items and maxed out champion points. Many use keyboard macros and other cheats. I don't know why ZOS even cares to use these players as the dungeon difficulty example. In reality, the majority of eso players are struggling to even complete veteran maelstrom arena; let alone have a chance at the new master weapons, and especially on console. Just look at the leaderboards. I do not understand why ZOS wants the majority % of eso players to rage quit the game. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert

And also inb4 the elitist and L2P groupies.

Here is a quick list of reasos why malestrom arena needs to be nerfed on console.

1. 9 trait gear needed.
    2. Massive repair, food, potion cost.
    3. Horribly designed catered to ranged and primarily sorcerers.
    4. Having to respect to a min/max build in order to get the best chance possible.
    5. Champion point heavily dependent.
    6. No addons on consoles which give a big advantage.

Feel free to add to the list below with your own frusterations about the veteran Maelstrom Arena.

Wow, go away, come back, and this continues to be a thing....
    f4jLSi1.jpg
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhunn wrote: »
    I am tired of these 1% players who keep posting veteran malestrom arena videos who have the best gear, items and maxed out champion points. Many use keyboard macros and other cheats.
    I stopped reading here. Obviously someone who's always mad at better players. I feel bad for you :)

You should feel even worse for yourself that you happen to be one of these said players who has an unfair advantage over another and are afraid to post a video attempting to complete the veteran Maelstrom Arena with a standard keyboard and mouse with no addon support. :wink:
    Edited by Justice31st on December 14, 2015 7:21PM
  • Catblade
    Catblade
    ✭✭✭✭

You should feel even worse for yourself that you happen to be one of these said players who has an unfair advantage over another and are afraid to post a video completing the veteran Maelstrom Arena with a standard keyboard and mouse with no addon support. :wink:

Even if they do that the builds they put together are thoroughly tested with dmg numbers. They can adjust and actually see how the changes are effecting their build that's something i would love to see on console. Even if i have to go to a separate server and use some form of test dummy that hits me and lets me hit him
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You should feel even worse for yourself that you happen to be one of these said players who has an unfair advantage over another and are afraid to post a video completing the veteran Maelstrom Arena with a standard keyboard and mouse with no addon support. :wink:
    My keyboard and mouse is standard :) But no thanks, I find vMA boring as hell, so I don't wanna run it again.
    Edited by Jhunn on December 14, 2015 7:21PM
    Gave up.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Molag kena 2 PC
    Willpower 3 PC
    Maelstrom.ice staff

Very simple to use

The sad part is the fact he is actually using that since it's a DPS loss. I have a sharpened Inferno staff and my DPS takes a hit by using it sadly (just as I predicted in my post on PTS). I agree if you're using 2Pc Kena, you're almost stuck with a Maelstrom weapon but when compared to an equal crafted Nirnhoned staff with a flame enchant it is noticeably worse.

9 trait gear needed.

iWKad22.jpg?fb

It wasn't a troll image....it was a close proximity to my physical reaction when I read your post.

Because bad players using that garbage aren't beating vMSA. I don't know what to tell you if you think a macro can possibly make it easier for you. L2P perhaps.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My keyboard and mouse is standard :) But no thanks, I find vMA boring as hell, so I don't wanna run it again.

So you are just a trolling my post then.
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even if they do that the builds they put together are thoroughly tested with dmg numbers. They can adjust and actually see how the changes are effecting their build that's something i would love to see on console. Even if i have to go to a separate server and use some form of test dummy that hits me and lets me hit him

^Exactly this. PC players are ignoring the fact that they have an unfair advantage by something as minuscule as this itself.
    Edited by Justice31st on December 14, 2015 7:25PM
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molag kena 2 PC
    Willpower 3 PC
    Maelstrom.ice staff

Very simple to use

^This sounds more like a sorcerer issue to me. Bad troll is bad.
    Edited by Justice31st on December 14, 2015 7:27PM
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. I'm telling you you're sad for blaming people completing vMA for macroing and cheating. Whether you like it or not it's a skill issue and I feel bad for you not being able to complete it, probably ragequit and came on forums to make this thread. People are completing this on console, aswell, I guess you're aware of that. PvE players finally got some challenging content - this game is already too casual catered - let them have their challenge.
    Gave up.
  • Catblade
    Catblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    What i think it is is ZOS couldn't get the dmg numbers consistent on console. Same reason it took them so long to port they never ironed out all the bugs so they decided to not give us access to the info. That way we can't point out how broken it is like pc can. I know mods are coming to fallout 4 on ps4 next year and xbone in 6 months i wonder if that will extends to applications like add ons for eso
    Edited by Catblade on December 14, 2015 7:30PM
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molag kena 2 PC
    Willpower 3 PC
    Maelstrom.ice staff

Very simple to use

The sad part is the fact he is actually using that since it's a DPS loss. I have a sharpened Inferno staff and my DPS takes a hit by using it sadly (just as I predicted in my post on PTS). I agree if you're using 2Pc Kena, you're almost stuck with a Maelstrom weapon but when compared to an equal crafted Nirnhoned staff with a flame enchant it is noticeably worse.

9 trait gear needed.

iWKad22.jpg?fb

It wasn't a troll image....it was a close proximity to my physical reaction when I read your post.

Because bad players using that garbage aren't beating vMSA. I don't know what to tell you if you think a macro can possibly make it easier for you. L2P perhaps.

Saying that macros don't make it easier for you, goes against its very definition. Keep trolling bruh.
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. I'm telling you you're sad for blaming people completing vMA for macroing and cheating. Whether you like it or not it's a skill issue and I feel bad for you not being able to complete it, probably ragequit and came on forums to make this thread. People are completing this on console, aswell, I guess you're aware of that. PvE players finally got some challenging content - this game is already too casual catered - let them have their challenge.

No this game is catered to game testing the dungeon difficulties on PC with unfair advantages vs. game testing with consoles. There should be two different veteran Malestrom Arena diffculties, PC and console.
  • ColtPython
    ColtPython
    ✭✭✭
    I think its pretty good the way it is. I would suggest for the players that can't beat it add Maelstrom Weapons to the normal mode at v15 like DSA vs vDSA.
  • Catblade
    Catblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    People are completing on console yes, a lot of them admitted pc transfers at the cp cap. Same ones saying it's easy. I noticed some of them disappear from pvp when the cp cap was introduced too, guess they lost their advantage.
    Edited by Catblade on December 14, 2015 7:35PM
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

^Exactly this. PC players are ignoring the fact that they have an unfair advantage by something as minuscule as this itself.

My build was done with zero testing of damage numbers and 100% theorycrafting with math that is publicly available all over these forums.

95%+ players just copy builds that someone else creates with some "flavor" adjustments. I don't need to test a build (other than to ensure a set bonus is in fact working or a skillpoint isn't bugged etc which can be done just as easily on Consoles) to know it is best for me.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No this game is catered to game testing the dungeon difficulties on PC with unfair advantages vs. game testing with consoles. There should be two different veteran Malestrom Arena diffculties, PC and console.
    So tell me more about the people completing it on console :)
    Gave up.
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ColtPython wrote: »
    I think its pretty good the way it is. I would suggest for the players that can't beat it add Maelstrom Weapons to the normal mode at v15 like DSA vs vDSA.

The dungeon difficulty between vMA and vDSA is a joke.
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So tell me more about the people completing it on console :)

the 1% (with the majority being sorcerers). Did you not read my post? *face palm*
    Edited by Justice31st on December 14, 2015 7:37PM
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

9 trait gear needed.

iWKad22.jpg?fb

Don't think many people are using macros, since they are a bannable offence.

What power do addons give me btw? I can see damage numbers, but so far have yet to find an addon thst increases my dps or defence.

Oh and BTW macros have been proven to be ineffective in combat previously, infact they put you at a disadvantage as you're entered into a preprogrammed set of events, yet if something screws up in the middle of it you can't do anything to react.

• The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭

This as you say "minuscule" advantage will not gift someone without the ability to complete the content with the ability to do so. Does the lack of addons make optimizing your dps in certain situations more difficult? Of course, but overall this is a minute inconvenience.
    People are completing on console yes, a lot of them admitted pc transfers at the cp cap. Same ones saying it's easy

The templar that's #1 on the PS4 NA leader boards currently has beaten the arena with 150cp. Not being able to complete the arena is not a cp issue.
    Edited by The-Baconator on December 14, 2015 7:38PM
    Potato Lord of Atrocity