The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP Update, June 2015

• skillastat
    skillastat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Hmm, looked as if it was time to come back(from january) because i saw that dlc was comin' and thought all was fixed. I mean they wouldn't release a new dlc in Cyro without having the issues fixed first, no?
    Hahahahahahahahaha.
    PTS is quite smooth right now, but I'm still not overly hopeful for what happens when it goes Live. PTS just doesn't have the players or the capacity for a stress-test of Cyro.

It's going to *** off a lot of people when they buy the dlc and the game is still laggy.
    (PC NA)
    -Saulo Stamina Sorcerer
    -skillastat Stamina Nightblade
    -a blade spirit Stamina Templar
    -Ultima Online I Magicka Dragonknight
    -'Solo DC* Stamina Sorcerer
    -'Ultima Online Stamina Dragonknight
    -Nerd Dk Tank Dragonknight
    -Solochi Magicka Sorcerer
    -Solo Lucci Magicka Nightblade
    -Sølomon Magicka Warden

*All characters are EP, except for one DC.

French Canadian!
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    looks interesting.

Making different campaigns require different tactics sounds neat.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, looked as if it was time to come back(from january) because i saw that dlc was comin' and thought all was fixed. I mean they wouldn't release a new dlc in Cyro without having the issues fixed first, no?
    Hahahahahahahahaha.
    PTS is quite smooth right now, but I'm still not overly hopeful for what happens when it goes Live. PTS just doesn't have the players or the capacity for a stress-test of Cyro.

It's going to *** off a lot of people when they buy the dlc and the game is still laggy.

At that point the game will die, since no normal person would stay.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Hahahahahahahahaha.

At that point the game will die, since no normal person would stay.
    Are you implying that we are normal? Because I strongly resent that notion. I'm a special snowflake. With a pink bow.
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler, one HUGE issue that is coming up in NonVet PvP is the allowed use of champion points on non-vet characters.

Its like you added a system that allows seasoned players to enter the non vet with new characters and they become pretty much invulnerable to all attacks and can kill in one or two hits.

For players that are new to the game and new to PvP this COMPLETELY ruins their experience.

What player would want to stay and play pvp, when this is allowed?

Champion points should be unlocked when a character hits V1, not level 1. The fact that they are even allowed in non vet pvp has caused imbalance and a lot of disappointed players that have had their first pvp experience turned into a bad one.

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Goldie From another thread:
    We are still looking to add non-Champion point campaigns, but it's not easy to do as people have noted. When we have an ETA we'll post it for you all though =)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any pvp update for two months?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Darnathian There's these:
    Gated access on more campaigns is something we are discussing along with closing campaigns to compress population. We are also talking about removing Alliance restrictions in terms of only allowing players to have 1 alliance tied to campaigns along with the ability to "unassign" yourself. Several of these changes are tied to campaign population and performance issues however, which plan on addressing in incremental patches.
    We have been looking into physics calls on the server and the combat team is making adjustments to abilities to streamline the amount of calls they make as some were a bit...excessive. We'll be able to update you on those changes when the team is all done making those changes. The LOS changes had a very small effect on performance which is why we're looking at physics calls next. Population being spread between the three PVP zones has helped, but obviously server frames can still take a nasty hit as we've seen in Azura and other situations. The crew is still working on resolving these issues as fast as they can.
    [More objectives] is still something we're actively discussing regarding town capture, benefits, and other "flags" in Cyrodiil.
    There are a few things in the patch/update after Orisneum to address some quality of life issues for Campaigns/Cyrodiil as well as including some changes to ability logic and how abilities interact with physics processes.

For Orsinium Imperial City got a few fixes for "ladder gankers" as well as making the daily quests concurrent. Your requests for a capturable district as well as gated access to IC across the board has not fallen on def ears, however there are no plans to change that at this time. Several things currently getting worked on for Campaign population/number of Campaigns offered needs to get finished before changing IC rules across the board. Other discussions are still on going regarding Town Capture in Cyrodiil, more objectives/flags for Cyrodiil, and improvements to what you can spend your AP on.

Dev Tracker, for a while, didn't function with posts Rich or I made on the forums unless we tagged Gina/Jess/Jason/Kai to flag them each individually and they're already hammered with their jobs so we didn't bother them constantly. This was recently fixed and we Devs can now Dev Track our posts again. No conspiracy or anything, just gremlins.

Regarding my personal play time, I am leveling up another character in DC, just not streaming it.
    The number of Campaigns will be getting addressed in the patch after Orsineum when some other heavily ingrained Campaign restrictions are adjusted.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • hell5969
    hell5969
    Ok we are very under populated in black water , but now when we try and take a keep the guards seem to be respawning very very quickley , its bad enough trying to take one but why have the guards got so strong? I was in cyrodill at 6 .30 this morning intending on doing some missions , instead I was kept from going out the base camp because everytime I did I got ganked , its getting silly , the server population needs to be addressed or you are going to end up with one faction playing its self . Don't even get me started on level 10 members I feel so sorry for them , they are In for 5 mins and get killed straight away , they don't come back . I know you say the low population bonus helps but to be honest it does nothing when your presented with an opponant level 13 and with 2 hits can take out someone level 40 , just because they have loads of championship points . The whole pvp needs some serious rethinking or you will lose the lot
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Are Forward Camps ever going to come back?
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Night_Child
    Night_Child
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a thought...

There are some that have been emperor for a while and then there are many...MANY that haven't. After 24hrs of the campaign starting, the some that have...well, are up at almost 300,000 on the leader boards. Whether it is because they glitched the game, are utilzing exploits, or have other means at hand of becoming equipped with so many points so quickly, the point is: it's a broken system that needs to be fixed. The fact that Emperor is so hard to achieve isn't a problem in itself, not at all. The fact that it's a PSN trophy and the only way to get said trophy is to 1) have NO life; 2) obtain VERY little to NO sleep; and/or C) cheat (for the lack of a better term) is a BIG problem. Why not create an Emperor ONLY campaign(s) where previous emperors or anyone that has an account with an emperor on it can join all while NOT preventing others from obtaining this title for the first time.

OR

Remove Emperor trophy from PSN and just keep it as THE number one perk a character can have.

Just a thought Zenimax...what do you think?
    Edited by Night_Child on November 11, 2015 6:54PM
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's a thought...

There are some that have been emperor for a while and then there are many...MANY that haven't. After 24hrs of the campaign starting, the some that have...well, are up at almost 300,000 on the leader boards. Whether it is because they glitched the game, are utilzing exploits, or have other means at hand of becoming equipped with so many points so quickly, the point is: it's a broken system that needs to be fixed. The fact that Emperor is so hard to achieve isn't a problem in itself, not at all. The fact that it's a PSN trophy and the only way to get said trophy is to A) have NO life, B) obtain VERY little to NO sleep, and/or C) cheat (for the lack of a better term) is a BIG problem. Why not create an Emperor ONLY campaign(s) where previous emperors or anyone that has an account with an empoeror on it can join all while NOT preventing others from obtaining this title for the first time.

OR

Remove Emperor trophy from PSN and just keep it as THE number one perk a character can have.

Just a thought Zenimax...what do you think?

Honestly getting emperor isnt hard, just need to know how the ap gain system works and then play good, it doesnt needs 24h activity (maybe on the main campaigns you need a higher activity but on the less populted ones its pretty easy to achieve). you can manage your life while having enough sleep, you just need to not waste time ingame but use it for gaining good ap/h
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    @PainfulFAFA Working on that now actually...
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ain't going to help as long as the game performs so incredibly bad.
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This makes me happy :)

PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunates they have been working on the performance issues for a year according to official posts but in that time it has got worse with virtual no incremental improvements. I am a decent mmorpg customer, a year ago I decided to sub to eso, loved the crafting and levelling to gold and enjoyed the pvp when it was good, however:

No attempts to disinsentivise zerg balling.
    Ignoring calls to increase siege power
    Huge lag issues
    A long period where I had to deal with players exploiting (double mundas etc
    terrible design decisions (shieldbreaker, shield stacking)

I lost faith in zenimax, and I've now committed my sub and time to another mmorpg and I won't be back because I know they just don't have the capability to react to issues as development team of an aaa mmorpg should and I don't want my main char trapped in a game like that, Real shame.
    Edited by _adhyffbjjjf12 on November 18, 2015 8:56AM
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any update on the attempts to improve performance in cyrodiil because at peak time it still looks like stop motion animation, 600 to 1000 lag, abilities not showing up, multiple use of ultimates, 100% health to dead in 1 sec by attacks from 5 different players that don't show up until you're already dead. Any attempt to play is reduced to button mashing and hope for the best :(
    Edited by Zaldan on November 24, 2015 5:17PM
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    We have been making changes to various abilities to limit the LOS checks as well as making them group only as abilities that hit a very large area to check/apply bonuses to all players was hitting the server a bit hard. We are still digging into other reasons why the server performance is less than optimal in veteran enabled campaigns and will continue to do so until the performance is just as good as non-veteran campaigns.
    Wheeler
    Staff Post
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I heared somewhere about captured respawn points in Cyro cities to make people fight for them and spread. Didnt hear anything about it in ESO Live. Will this happen?
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    City Capture is something we're still discussing.
    Wheeler
    Staff Post
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler For "Group only" abilities, what happens if you're running with a group but are not grouped yourself?
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Pretty please! pretty please!
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »

Pretty please! pretty please!
    More prettier please.
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭

You can discuss it as long as you wish, but without changes the PVP in the game is almost dead.
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • MrGrimey
    MrGrimey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think spreading out is the issue, I can be all alone Ina busy server with nobody around me and still be very laggy. Something else is going on
  • Maim
    Maim
    ✭✭
    We have been making changes to various abilities to limit the LOS checks as well as making them group only as abilities that hit a very large area to check/apply bonuses to all players was hitting the server a bit hard. We are still digging into other reasons why the server performance is less than optimal in veteran enabled campaigns and will continue to do so until the performance is just as good as non-veteran campaigns.

performance less than optimal in veteran enabled campaigns.

I honestly wonder if it isn't related to time cancellation techniques aka 'animation cancelling'. As more players rank up and get tied into their respective pvp guilds, the more knowledge is shared and implemented. Animation cancelling is one of those things that falls into that category. Players learn from their counterparts in the game and seek to mimic that desired level of play. As these time cancellation techniques still require the servers to process all the mathematics involved, whilst having other skills and abilities 'timed into one action' the computations become more complex and demanding on the server being able to push a result in a timely fashion. I wonder this as I see recaps coming back, both from FTC and in game, where several skills are executed in less time than the first skill in line is finished. I accept that this may not be portrayed on my screen due a possibility of latency. This could be both from the internet and graphics/monitor, but if a large majority of those potential bottlenecks are not present (sorry but I run pretty solid equipment, such that, as others are complaining of lag I myself am not feeling the effects) how much stress is being put on the server by this?

Couple these effects with additional, necessary, factors coming into play. Multiply that by X number of players. Take into account the amount of possible 'Button Macros' available on the standard gaming mouse. Then consider that as this knowledge is passed on to others, others then add to this compounding 'potential' problem.

ZoS has stated that it has done things to 'clean it up' but it doesn't seem much has happened in this regard. I'm not saying animation cancellation is bad, quite the contrary - I think its necessary to maintain realistic combat, HOWEVER if the computations needed to make several skills happen in less time than what REALISTICLY can happen, COULD this not be a source of the exponential growth in latency as a relation to the exponential growth of using these techniques?

"...performance less than optimal in veteran enabled campaigns."

You probably won't see a lot of 'new players' performing these types of techniques, for various reasons. If they are, they aren't new, or have spent a lot of time researching. Those could be counted as few and far between, as most players steeped in this knowledge are out zerging the larger campaigns.

Just saying......
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When will we hear any news fron @Wrobel about class rebalance?
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

After Thieves guild DLC (in march).
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • MormondPayne_EP
    MormondPayne_EP
    ✭✭✭✭

No ETA though...
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Cinbri wrote: »

After Thieves guild DLC (in march).

No ETA on that though
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD