Maintenance for the week of March 27:
• No PC/Mac maintenance – March 27

PVP Update, June 2015

• TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zaldan wrote: »
    Any update on the attempts to improve performance in cyrodiil because at peak time it still looks like stop motion animation, 600 to 1000 lag, abilities not showing up, multiple use of ultimates, 100% health to dead in 1 sec by attacks from 5 different players that don't show up until you're already dead. Any attempt to play is reduced to button mashing and hope for the best :(

They're overwhelmed and don't care. The majority of the talented team members have already left ZOS. There's not much hope left.
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    We have been making changes to various abilities to limit the LOS checks as well as making them group only as abilities that hit a very large area to check/apply bonuses to all players was hitting the server a bit hard. We are still digging into other reasons why the server performance is less than optimal in veteran enabled campaigns and will continue to do so until the performance is just as good as non-veteran campaigns.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead:
    Cyrodiil, Campaigns, Keeps and Siege, Imperial City
    Staff Post
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heared somewhere about captured respawn points in Cyro cities to make people fight for them and spread. Didnt hear anything about it in ESO Live. Will this happen?
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    City Capture is something we're still discussing.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead:
    Cyrodiil, Campaigns, Keeps and Siege, Imperial City
    Staff Post
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    Community Ambassador
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler For "Group only" abilities, what happens if you're running with a group but are not grouped yourself?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty please! pretty please!
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »

Pretty please! pretty please!
    More prettier please.
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭

You can discuss it as long as you wish, but without changes the PVP in the game is almost dead.
  • MrGrimey
    MrGrimey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think spreading out is the issue, I can be all alone Ina busy server with nobody around me and still be very laggy. Something else is going on
  • Maim
    Maim
    ✭✭
    We have been making changes to various abilities to limit the LOS checks as well as making them group only as abilities that hit a very large area to check/apply bonuses to all players was hitting the server a bit hard. We are still digging into other reasons why the server performance is less than optimal in veteran enabled campaigns and will continue to do so until the performance is just as good as non-veteran campaigns.

performance less than optimal in veteran enabled campaigns.

I honestly wonder if it isn't related to time cancellation techniques aka 'animation cancelling'. As more players rank up and get tied into their respective pvp guilds, the more knowledge is shared and implemented. Animation cancelling is one of those things that falls into that category. Players learn from their counterparts in the game and seek to mimic that desired level of play. As these time cancellation techniques still require the servers to process all the mathematics involved, whilst having other skills and abilities 'timed into one action' the computations become more complex and demanding on the server being able to push a result in a timely fashion. I wonder this as I see recaps coming back, both from FTC and in game, where several skills are executed in less time than the first skill in line is finished. I accept that this may not be portrayed on my screen due a possibility of latency. This could be both from the internet and graphics/monitor, but if a large majority of those potential bottlenecks are not present (sorry but I run pretty solid equipment, such that, as others are complaining of lag I myself am not feeling the effects) how much stress is being put on the server by this?

Couple these effects with additional, necessary, factors coming into play. Multiply that by X number of players. Take into account the amount of possible 'Button Macros' available on the standard gaming mouse. Then consider that as this knowledge is passed on to others, others then add to this compounding 'potential' problem.

ZoS has stated that it has done things to 'clean it up' but it doesn't seem much has happened in this regard. I'm not saying animation cancellation is bad, quite the contrary - I think its necessary to maintain realistic combat, HOWEVER if the computations needed to make several skills happen in less time than what REALISTICLY can happen, COULD this not be a source of the exponential growth in latency as a relation to the exponential growth of using these techniques?

"...performance less than optimal in veteran enabled campaigns."

You probably won't see a lot of 'new players' performing these types of techniques, for various reasons. If they are, they aren't new, or have spent a lot of time researching. Those could be counted as few and far between, as most players steeped in this knowledge are out zerging the larger campaigns.

Just saying......
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When will we hear any news fron @Wrobel about class rebalance?
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

After Thieves guild DLC (in march).
    Frozn - 3rd DK Grand Overlord NA
    Frosted - Overlord
    Vokundein - Lead of PvP
    Invictus - Veteran
    www.legend-gaming.net
    www.twitch.tv/frozywozy
    #Fix the permanent block animation until you relog or go inside a delve - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    #Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives by both attackers and defenders
    #Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this
    #Add an escape move to dragonknights and templars other than mist form
    #Fix the speed drop while jumping with weapon sheathed bug - see video
    #Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    #Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    #Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    #Fix the unbreakable ccs while mounted bug
    #Make alliance ranks account bounded
    #Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    #Lower population cap by 20%
    #Wtb dynamic population
    #Fix long loading screens
    #Fix gap closer bug
    #Fix health desync
    #Fix sound bug
    #ResSickness
  • MormondPayne_EP
    MormondPayne_EP
    ✭✭✭✭

No ETA though...
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Cinbri wrote: »

After Thieves guild DLC (in march).

No ETA on that though
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • katcali
    katcali
    What's up with the Allaince Point Boosting. I see people who Actually fight constantly with thier groups day in and day out, helping WIN the war at all times, and yet the leaders for EMP are the few who are rarely there helping with war, but off boosting somewhere somehow. I'd like my Emp to be a person who actually takes part in the war instead of out boosting somewhere
  • phillyboy7897
    phillyboy7897
    ✭✭✭✭
    editted to avoid modtrolling
    Edited by phillyboy7897 on March 18, 2016 5:16AM
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭
    We have more fixes incoming over time and while there have been some improvements, it's still far from where we want to be. Some of these will continue to come in hot fixes and others in major patches.

I logged back in last week after a 2-month hiatus and... I am so terribly disappointed in the state of PvP in ESO right now.

The lag has not improved in the slightest in the vet campaigns, despite the insistence that fixes have been implemented. I've not yet been in BWB since returning, but when I decided I needed a break from the game, the lag was becoming just as bad as the vet campaigns.

Spamming of proxy det by zergs. The skill has been broken for some time and should have been removed entirely months ago. Instead, here it still is, still being used non-stop. I had honestly thought it couldn't get any worse, but I was wrong.

And now we have meteor spamming and all other sorts of terrible, cheating behavior.

Incidentally, I will mention again that the new changes means one of the Barrier morphs - Replenishing Barrier - is useless. Previously, it was an excellent morph to have because if your barrier hit a large number of people, you regained ult quickly. Now? It's pointless.

ZOS, you already lost so many PvPers and I fear the death of PvP entirely if you cannot get a handle on these problems.