The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP Update, June 2015

• Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Seeing as the thread I was about to put this in was deleted I'll post it here this is ESO PVP

This is why people complain because of crap like this, this is the reason why the majority of players don't even want to step foot into Cyrodiil
    21:21:41 =Ambush 4,046
    21:21:41 =Surprise Attack 6,769
    21:21:41 =Light Attack 3,246
    21:21:41 =Befouled Wpn 300
    21:21:41 =Soul Harvest 8,423

No lag, as soon as the Ambush hit me I died, GG Animation Cancelling

SLXh3XE.jpg
    This is unrelated to animation cancelling but instead related to the way ESO handles latency.

Has nothing to do with latency and everything to do with macros and animation canceling. Don't be so naive, unless you do macros, then you are just trying to shift attention away from it.
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valnas wrote: »
    nothing in that death recap is an exploit .... thats just how nb abilities fire. Like if you use a heavy destro folowing by a insta frag followed by a lt crush shock it'll all land w/o 1 second. this is called burst mechanics. stop calling hacks.

Lets all count now out loud and repeat 1-2 1-2 1-2 1-2 1-2 1-2 In the time between the 1 and the 2 three attacks are activated

With crapy animation cancelling it is possible and its also possible to have a macro do this as well for you for a perfect BURST opener as you put it.

Crap combat mechanics that needs fixing

ambush applies dmg after a 1 second cast time

befouled weapon is an echant

light attacks, ultimates like harvest, abilities, bash, block are all on seperate cooldowns.

animation cancelling isn't an exploit

It is an exploit when used with macros, manual animation canceling is allowed. They already said this many many times.
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nothing in that death recap is an exploit .... thats just how nb abilities fire. Like if you use a heavy destro folowing by a insta frag followed by a lt crush shock it'll all land w/o 1 second. this is called burst mechanics. stop calling hacks.

Lets all count now out loud and repeat 1-2 1-2 1-2 1-2 1-2 1-2 In the time between the 1 and the 2 three attacks are activated

With crapy animation cancelling it is possible and its also possible to have a macro do this as well for you for a perfect BURST opener as you put it.

light attacks, ultimates like harvest, abilities, bash, block are all on seperate cooldowns.

Yes Ambush hits and causes damage at the start of 1 fit in a surprise attack, light attack and ult then 2 = Dead

The majority of players in this game would rather play with mechanics that follow the animations, its complete rubbish that you can cancel the animations and get TTK to 1 second. If nothing is done about it there will come a point where there is only people who use it in cyrodiil and when that point comes you might as well all be running around as white hit boxes and forgo any sort of graphics or animation.
  • Shakenbake393
    Is anyone talking about skills not working while fighting? It's nearly impossible for me to ever use cloak.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes Ambush hits and causes damage at the start of 1 fit in a surprise attack, light attack and ult then 2 = Dead

The majority of players in this game would rather play with mechanics that follow the animations, its complete rubbish that you can cancel the animations and get TTK to 1 second. If nothing is done about it there will come a point where there is only people who use it in cyrodiil and when that point comes you might as well all be running around as white hit boxes and forgo any sort of graphics or animation.

I can kill people in 1 second without animation cancelling, curse + cfrags can do 20k+ damage.
    Animation cancelling isnt the only reason why the TTK is so low.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So guys, you haven't tried focus grim + Destro heavy + impale?
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question, @ZOS_BrianWheeler : are these changes coming in the Imperial City update?
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Question, @ZOS_BrianWheeler : are these changes coming in the Imperial City update?

Yepper!
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Question, Sir. Is ZOS considering resetting the maps at the end of the campaign so that the campaign starts fresh and active groups/guilds/players can battle it out until a winner is decided at the end of the campaign? Rislav has the same Emperor and controlled by AD, and I bet that Emperor's guild/group is not actively playing anymore because there's nothing to capture.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • mastertech
    What about a text chat box and showing damage points and points req to next level ?!!!
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    We have discussed full resets but there's no ETA on when that would occur yet.
    Wheeler
    Staff Post
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please put this in place with IC. While buff servers will no longer be a thing, there is still a lot of players who think that keeping a map painted one color, and squashing any kind of resistance to taking even a resource, is good for PvP.

If you want us to spread out to reduce lag, this would be a step in the right direction. Right now we are stuck with 1 or 2 campaigns because of buff servers and those who love to gate camp...
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takllin wrote: »

Please put this in place with IC.

That would seem the most logical. Not sure what is so difficult in figuring out an ETA. Put it in with the next update.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Back in the day during beta, Kodiak (the bear guy in Teamspeak ;)) related to me having a discussion with you regarding campaign control and resets @ZOS_BrianWheeler . In broad strokes because that was a private conversation and I don't want to intrude on that, and second-hand of course as I was not in it and thus can't say if his relation of what you felt was completely accurate, he mentioned that there was a disagreement regarding whether the idea of the smaller factions teaming up against the dominant one would play out, and territory resets between campaign timers when pinging ideas around on design a bit.

He had told me that in it, he'd advocated that territory resets would be a good thing for the gameplay in practice even though it went against the idea of persistent campaigns, and that his experience was in Guild Wars 2 with a somewhat similar idea of a setup, that the resets spurred activity and helped encourage players on the losing end of things to come try again. At that time I didn't agree with him, and he had told me (once more, just to be clear, this is entirely second-hand, so not only feel free to correct me if this is not right, but don't think anything of doing so!) that you'd agreed more with the viewpoint I had, which was that it would play out along the lines of how DAOC did with the factions clawing their way back and that the underdogs would ultimately tend to push into the larger enemy.

It's been around... hm, I'd say probably roughly 20 months since then :). Bearing in mind that I played DAOC for around six and a half years almost continuously with minimal breaks, and another several months after that sporadically (and having heard in some of the PVP teamspeaks I've listened in their thoughts as to how they did not want to simply occupy and crush a campaign because it leads to the buff server problem and isn't good sportsmanship, resulting in many non-organized players giving up whether they should be or not) I have to say at this point in time I feel it would be the right move to look at how to implement full resets and work towards doing so, between campaign timers.

In addition to the morale aspect in the playerbase, @Kodiak had enthusiastically talked about how when those resets hit in that other game, there was always a flood of activity, and it acted as a great focal point nearly like a mini-event as everyone knew, "Oh man, the reset's at 6pm, let's form up!" and there would be tons of action that continued on for awhile before the territory game played out as it would after :). That example stuck with me when thinking about what to write when noticing this post on the dev tracker, to say the least.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on July 27, 2015 3:48PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    PvP & Combat Lead
    The only hitch with doing the full reset right now is we need some coder time to actually do it, which is why there isn't an ETA.
    Wheeler
    Staff Post
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only hitch with doing the full reset right now is we need some coder time to actually do it, which is why there isn't an ETA.

This could really breathe more life into PvP for a lot of the playerbase...The two popular campaigns are almost constantly plagued with lag, and it is very demotivating when you switch to the other buff campaigns where you have no keeps or resources.

I know you have a lot of other things lined up, but this change would really help.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭

Personally I'd prefer these things didn't reset. Trying to roll things back for the start of the next campaign is the only thing that gives meaning to the campaign when your faction is mathematically eliminated from contention.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait @ZOS_BrianWheeler, you mean some guy isn't sitting in the ZOS HQ 24/7 with a chalkboard and watching all the campaigns to update the score by hand? My illusions are broken ;_;
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    HeroOfNone wrote: »

Wait @ZOS_BrianWheeler, you mean some guy isn't sitting in the ZOS HQ 24/7 with a chalkboard and watching all the campaigns to update the score by hand? My illusions are broken ;_;

Next will come the revelation that server hamsters aren't actually the power source!
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, the persistent, non-resetting world is a good thing in balanced campaigns (you wouldn't want to lose everything you'd just gained solely due to the reset, having worked so hard to get it), but a reset would be a good thing for the dead campaigns (where one faction controls everything). Maybe it would be possible for @ZOS_BrianWheeler and the team to implement a case-based reset, where a campaign will only reset if there is currently an Underdog Bonus on that campaign. If there is an Underdog bonus, that suggests one faction is dominating, and a reset would be in the best interest of the campaign. If there is not any Underdog bonus, then the campaign is presumably reasonably balanced, and a reset would be unnecessary.
    Edited by Enodoc on July 27, 2015 9:15PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    Played Guest campaign PS4 NA Haderus Saturday night. AD controls the entire map. AD had 2 bars. EP 1 bar and DC no bar. EP launched 3 separate attacks at the same time to spread out AD. DC happened to also be launching an attack. We re-took 4 Keeps and an Outpost. DC took over 1 Fort. A couple of hours later of back and forth fighting, AD re-took everything and taunted us at our home base. They outnumbered us so much that we were slaughtered easily as we left the base even in groups..and with siege weapons firing constantly. So many Vet 14s just standing out there taking hits without dying.

My home campaign is Juilek, which is ruled by EP so I know the feeling. I wouldn't mind a reset so that we can all go gangbusters on reset day.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • Maudieu
    Maudieu
    ✭✭
    Well, too little too late in my case. Hopefully this will fix the lag/connection issues that plague Cyrodiil for the people that still play.
  • jeanbulinckxub17_ESO
    IMHO we got a few problems:

1) It's too easy for a well coordinated small group to take an keeper/resource. A strong PvP guild can easily take entire cyrodiil in less than a few hours.

2) Unbalanced Campaigns dominated by one faction.

3) No real challenge for PvP oriented players since they ill mostly stomp over casual players and rarely a PvP guild ill challenge another faction PvP guild (there are duels between cross faction chars from the same guild but that don't counts).

Suggestions:

1) PvP campaigns should be divided by PvP RANK (instead of a no veteran and many veteran instances).
    Also it can be based on highest rank/account and not logged character/rank (or level).
    Higher ranked instances can give more rewards (not only AP but XP (for CP) gold and golden materials).

2) An account (player) should elect one and only one PvP guild (from the guilds he/she is in) to be his/her PvP home guild. And each guild can get a Rank based on net players AP. That way we can segregate the underdogs putting all PvP guilds in the same instance.

3) A call to arms quest makes a lot of sense. Let's say one faction starts to get other's faction keeper. An automatic invite can be issued to all (online) players of the losing faction. If the players accepts he/she is tasked to get that keeper back in a (short) time period (let's say 30 min) (same for elder scrolls taken). If succeeded they can get a REAL recompense (golden materials, large AP amount, large gold, etc). This alone can be a great boost for casual PvP players participation and also can help balance campaigns.
  • Tarnumx
    Tarnumx
    ✭✭✭
    where is update? Did I miss it?
    Banana Squad Inc

CYKA BLYAT GAMING

youtube.com/channel/UCK7WFB_iXIlWH5ekxnqhi9g
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tarnumx wrote: »

It's going to be with the release of Imperial City/1.7
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • Tarnumx
    Tarnumx
    ✭✭✭
    wraith808 wrote: »

It says June 2015 september is soon
    Banana Squad Inc

CYKA BLYAT GAMING

youtube.com/channel/UCK7WFB_iXIlWH5ekxnqhi9g
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    wraith808 wrote: »

It says June 2015 september is soon

That was the date of the post, not a promised date for release.
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
  • Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, looked as if it was time to come back(from january) because i saw that dlc was comin' and thought all was fixed. I mean they wouldn't release a new dlc in Cyro without having the issues fixed first, no?
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, looked as if it was time to come back(from january) because i saw that dlc was comin' and thought all was fixed. I mean they wouldn't release a new dlc in Cyro without having the issues fixed first, no?
    Hahahahahahahahaha.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Hahahahahahahahaha.
    PTS is quite smooth right now, but I'm still not overly hopeful for what happens when it goes Live. PTS just doesn't have the players or the capacity for a stress-test of Cyro.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp