Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESOTU Console Launch - Known Issues

• Xmaster
    Xmaster
    Soul Shriven
    XBox 1 Version.
    Yesterday was fine, a few long load times, but nothing chaotic. It did get slower as the day wore on, but was still acceptable. Today was just a mess, although it started out acceptable for the first hour or so. Really slow load times, which were worse than yesterday.Invisible NPCs who made quests unplayable, as you could not interact with them. Invisible assailants would attack and kill. Less and less other player were visible in the game as time went on. When I switched to another character I was stuck in place unable to move. I could still access the menu though.

A full console reboot seems to have set me back on track. I had already started this reply, though and thought you should know some of the issues that occured

dude thats just your xbox1 running slow or eso because that stuff happends to me all the time I have restarted my computer multiple times but nothing helps I just deal with it by waiting for a few minutes and the npcs will become visible or when I go into a dungen i'm invisible and can't move at first I just wait till my character finish's loading the only thing this makes hard is stealing from shopkeepers u have to wait till all there stuff loads and the npcs so u don't get caught because once I was stealing thinking no one was looking but the npcs just hadn't loaded the guard was right next to me just invisible and the shopkeeper. PS THAT WAS A FAILED ATTEMPT
  • FancyTuna8
    FancyTuna8
    ✭✭✭
    After logging in a character, I will move around a little in an area and get the loading screen again (with the pic of the area I'm in.) It is getting annoying, because right now I am mostly just doing writs and horse training and I'm spending much more time starting up the game and loading my characters in. Please fix this. It takes long enough to load into an area once. I am always exactly where my character was when the second loading started, if that helps.
  • Drew2KX
    Drew2KX
    The quest "Keeper of Bones" in Grahtwood is broken.
    When prompted to "Repel the Worm Cult," the enemies are stuck in the wall.

-Andrea
  • Bladenw7
    Bladenw7
    Soul Shriven
    Can you please add type chat to the console version. Not everyone is able to use voice chat (being deaf for example) and without being able to communicate makes this game very antisocial and unplayable.
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    The group finder tool is rubbish

Please add a LFG text channel
  • Duragon_Darko
    Duragon_Darko
    ✭✭✭
    uberkull wrote: »
    @ZOS Two requests:

1) Can you move the bars down on console? They cover your character depending on zoom when in combat. Pin them to the bottom of the screen like PC.
    2) Can we NOT have the attribute bars up all the time when we have buffs on? Even when not on combat, the attribute bars stay up covering your character.

So if you can just move the bars down, it would help solve #2.

Console UI
    0.jpg

PC UI
    TESO-GUI-screenshot.jpg

I have PS4 console and it doesn't look like that. Mess around with your TV HD settings, and the area covered for display. Maybe the game is running at a higher definition then you have available for your TV? Dunno, but my TV looks like the PC UI.
    Edited by Duragon_Darko on September 11, 2015 12:36AM
    .... I have to admit, the devs do listen to reason, if not to the forums. Thank you for "nameplates", a welcome addition to immersion, as well as the text chat box for PS4, which only comes on the screen when I need it too, and helps this gameplay SO MUCH MORE then without it. THANK YOU for the additions. Very much appreciated.
  • Duragon_Darko
    Duragon_Darko
    ✭✭✭
    Sir-Brucey wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if a chat box is coming soon please & to be able to inspect other players gear, I mean come on, these are basic fundamentals of a MMO. Really finding it hard to find the motivation to continue, not knowing that these are on the way

I actually stopped playing and went back to FFXIV. I just recently realized the quests are actually quite interesting, so long as you realize that ESO for console is just like the game Destiny. Although it's marketed like an "MMO", the truth is its an RPG with small MMO elements. It's as if ZOS wanted to give us a super Skyrim. So I've done some quests to satisfy my story mode need, I'm vet 3 and enjoying it now that I don't even bother with communicating. I just go to FFXIV when I want to actually "multi-play" with a "massive" amount of people who chat, type, talk, speak and enjoy the game together. Since we can also check out the new gear we got, talk about how we spec our jobs and explain our materia and gear choices. ESO gives you none of that on console.
    .... I have to admit, the devs do listen to reason, if not to the forums. Thank you for "nameplates", a welcome addition to immersion, as well as the text chat box for PS4, which only comes on the screen when I need it too, and helps this gameplay SO MUCH MORE then without it. THANK YOU for the additions. Very much appreciated.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno - What about the increasing number of disconnects? I am at the point where I'm getting disconnected EVERY time I try to enter/leave any dungeon/delve/building, etc. I have a limited amount of time set aside for gaming, and it's quite frustrating to spend the majority of that time logging back in, over and over again.

UPDATE: "Requesting character load..." and then, "Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid connection."

It's bad enough that I can't connect, but it's downright insulting when the game insinuates that it's my connection, when we all know that's not the case. I've tried to load my character 4-5 times without success, so it would appear that I'm done for the day. As much as I've enjoyed the game to this point, this needs to be fixed asap or I'll be moving on down the road.
    Edited by CGPsaint on September 18, 2015 10:58PM
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • GrimRip666
    GrimRip666
    Soul Shriven
    Most of the time I cannot see the items in the guild bank and the few times I can actually see them I can't see everything. It tends to only show me half of the items or less. This happens with all of my characters in all of the guild banks I can access. There is no loading icon, it just shows an empty inventory. I've been having this issue ever since the last patch. I cannot even manage the inventory because of this issue because half the time I cannot put items in the guild bank and the other half of the time I cannot tale items out.
  • AAN2
    AAN2
    ✭✭✭
    So I notice that the OP hasn't been updated in a while... lol

Anyways, few glitches that are common knowledge at this point but should probably be posted here.

First
    Beams are completely gone on the Xbone. From restoration staffs, from the dungeons that require you to shift prisms, and from various other places that have beams of light. Just completely not there anymore. The effects are still there (such as damage from the staff or the activation of the other prisms from the crystals).

Second
    Guild banks haven't been loading properly. The day the patch and DLC came out they wouldn't load unless I logged out and back in again, and then they'd only load once and I'd have to relog again to access them. This is regardless of which character I use and which area my characters are in. I'm not the only one having this issue either. It has improved for me over the past couple of days, but my friends are still having issues with it.

Third
    Mail has gotten a lot better for me (the 'friend's' thing seems to be fixed) but the inbox still nedes (huehue) a little work. I will purchase something from a guild trader and will have to use a wayshrine to be able to actually get the mail to appear in my inbox. I actually tested this out, and I went three hours wandering around Davon's Watch and chatting with people while periodically checking my mail to see if the items came in. After three hours I used a wayshrine and they came in. This doesn't seem to effect player sent items all that much, but the guild store purchased items rarely ever come in without wayshrining.
    Say no to drugs.
    And nerfs. Nerfs are bad mm'kay.

• Duragon_Darko
    Duragon_Darko
    ✭✭✭
    Huge glitch on PS4. Took a break from ESO and got into DCUO, FFXIV, Neverwinter and some old school FFXI on my PS2 with the HDD attachment from 2002, lol. Came back to ESO today and the text chat box is gone. Yea, seriously, that's why I said! So, hope there's a fix soon, hard to play an MMO without a chat box. My keyboards been warmed up for a while. :)
  • AlmostEpic89
    @ZOZ_GinaBruno - Can we get an update to the OP or some form of official statement (a reply, sticky, something?) on the status of all of the Xbone and PS4 bugs/issues that were introduced in IC?
    PS4 - NA - Ebonheart Pact - PSN: AlmostEpic89
  • Belthor_Moonblood
    Belthor_Moonblood
    ✭✭✭
    Huge glitch on PS4. Took a break from ESO and got into DCUO, FFXIV, Neverwinter and some old school FFXI on my PS2 with the HDD attachment from 2002, lol. Came back to ESO today and the text chat box is gone. Yea, seriously, that's why I said! So, hope there's a fix soon, hard to play an MMO without a chat box. My keyboards been warmed up for a while. :)

This is not a glitch. There has never been a text chat box on the consoles.
  • Duragon_Darko
    Duragon_Darko
    ✭✭✭

This is not a glitch. There has never been a text chat box on the consoles.

lol. It was sarcasm. But, to correct you, text chat was in the beta. The program was complete possible. But the devs decided to remove not because of a strain to the program or game itself, but simply because they thought we "console" people wouldn't need it. So they removed it just like that.

Looked awesome in beta too. A shame.
  • AngelsPurity
    AngelsPurity
    Soul Shriven
    I just want to go off topic. Have you guys thought about doing different servers with different difficulty levels. I just started playing the game and it feels like no challenge at all. Maybe make 3 different servers for each region with Normal, Hard, and Legendary mode. I know it probably won't happen but just wanted to throw ideas out there to be able to satisfy the hardcore gamers. Thank you. :)
  • Duragon_Darko
    Duragon_Darko
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to go off topic. Have you guys thought about doing different servers with different difficulty levels. I just started playing the game and it feels like no challenge at all. Maybe make 3 different servers for each region with Normal, Hard, and Legendary mode. I know it probably won't happen but just wanted to throw ideas out there to be able to satisfy the hardcore gamers. Thank you. :)

The only thing that will satisfy hardcore gamers right now is text chat. Of the 22 people from my league in DCUO to the 6 from my company in FFXIV, only 2 from DC have stayed with this game. We're done trying to make sense, we just went back to better gaming.
  • boogedy_bones
    WHERE ARE THE GOD DAMN BEAMS?! Imagine someone playing through the story line for the first time, coming across one of the beam shining crystal turning puzzles. They'd be like "the dude was talkking about beams, what beams? This game sucks. [snip]".

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 23, 2023 3:15PM
  • bodidharma99
    bodidharma99
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone. I would like the developers to work on something if they arent working on it already. There is alot of buff you can apply in this game but you can only see the timer on the character screen while pressing start. I dont know if it would be hard for the developer to put those timers on left bottom corner of our screen while we fight or always showing. It would help everyone greatly to see what is going on and when to reapply buff at the perfect time. This would be the bet improvement you could make to the game for me and i think for alot of people. thank you, have a great day in Tamriel.
  • dudenamedchris
    Why would you want text chat...it takes too long to type something in on consoles why not just use your voice?
  • bodidharma99
    bodidharma99
    ✭✭
    Why would you want text chat...it takes too long to type something in on consoles why not just use your voice?

btw you can plug a keyboard on your console to type stuff just like on neverwinter. It is good to find group for dungeon and to sell stuff.
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cause area chat sucks and doesn't communicate across a zone. And...
    - I don't wanna hear someone's trailer trash living room.
    - I would like to tell people in Cyrodiil where the assaults are, or where it's going.
    - I'd like to trade for specific items which you can't find on the broken, separated Guild Stores.
    - I'd like to recruit for my Trade Guilds as GM without having to go outside of the game and use forums.
    - I'd like to find groups for specific trails or dungeons. The group finder fails to do this.
    - I'd like to feel like the game is 'alive' by seeing text chat activity. Makes the server feel occupied. Currently it feels highly solo.
    - I enjoy watching some of the back and forth that comes with text chat. If it gets annoying, simple turn it off.

Plenty of other console MMOs use text chat and they work just fine. Get with the program.

▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
    ▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS Two requests:

1) Can you move the bars down on console? They cover your character depending on zoom when in combat. Pin them to the bottom of the screen like PC.
    2) Can we NOT have the attribute bars up all the time when we have buffs on? Even when not on combat, the attribute bars stay up covering your character.

Console UI
    0.jpg

PC UI
    TESO-GUI-screenshot.jpg

I have PS4 console and it doesn't look like that. Mess around with your TV HD settings, and the area covered for display. Maybe the game is running at a higher definition then you have available for your TV? Dunno, but my TV looks like the PC UI.
    I think you missed by point. I'm not referring to the black bars on the top and bottom. I'm talking about how the attribute bars(health, stamina, Magicka) are 2 inches off the bottom of the screen and not pinned to the bottom.
    2GjK23j.jpg
    Edited by Uberkull on October 5, 2015 1:08AM
    ▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
    ▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone. I would like the developers to work on something if they arent working on it already. There is alot of buff you can apply in this game but you can only see the timer on the character screen while pressing start. I dont know if it would be hard for the developer to put those timers on left bottom corner of our screen while we fight or always showing. It would help everyone greatly to see what is going on and when to reapply buff at the perfect time. This would be the bet improvement you could make to the game for me and i think for alot of people. thank you, have a great day in Tamriel.
    @bodidharma99 Buff trackers are in development for a future update. No timeframes yet though.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Duragon_Darko
    Duragon_Darko
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS Two requests:

Console UI
    0.jpg

PC UI
    TESO-GUI-screenshot.jpg

I think you missed by point. I'm not referring to the black bars on the top and bottom. I'm talking about how the attribute bars(health, stamina, Magicka) are 2 inches off the bottom of the screen and not pinned to the bottom.
    2GjK23j.jpg

Yea, so was I. I'm on PS4 and my health, stamina, mana bars are at the bottom not 2 inches off the bottom. AgainAgain, check your HD settings. My TV 's even looks like PC, only no chat box ><
  • Four19_plus1
    BIG ISSUE EVERYONE NOTICE!! GUILD STORE IS CLAIMIMG THAT HOUSE CUT IS 7% AND LIST FEE IS 1% SO THAT LWAVES US WITH 92% PROFIT. NOTICE GUILD HISTORY THE GUILD ONLY GETS 3.5% SO WHERE IA OUR OTHER 3.5% GOING.IT JUST DISAPPEARS... IMAGINE THE MONEY WE COULD HAVE MADE, OR THAT WE HAVE LOST NOT BECAUSE OF THIS! PLEASE FIX.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BIG ISSUE EVERYONE NOTICE!! GUILD STORE IS CLAIMIMG THAT HOUSE CUT IS 7% AND LIST FEE IS 1% SO THAT LWAVES US WITH 92% PROFIT. NOTICE GUILD HISTORY THE GUILD ONLY GETS 3.5% SO WHERE IA OUR OTHER 3.5% GOING.IT JUST DISAPPEARS... IMAGINE THE MONEY WE COULD HAVE MADE, OR THAT WE HAVE LOST NOT BECAUSE OF THIS! PLEASE FIX.
    That's the tax. Half of the house cut goes into the Guild bank, the other half is gold sink.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • DukeNugem
    DukeNugem
    Soul Shriven
    Server down for anyone or just me?
    WHERE ARE THE GOD DAMN BEAMS?! Imagine someone playing through the story line for the first time, coming across one of the beam shining crystal turning puzzles. They'd be like "the dude was talkking about beams, what beams? This game sucks. [snip]".

I don't know about incompetent, the sheer fact this game has been online this long, has PS5 upgrade, and is thriving, it's a damn marvel. I think I have two thousand hours in this game. It's been butter after the initial bugs were squashed and servers scaled!

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 23, 2023 3:16PM
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DukeNugem wrote: »
    Server down for anyone or just me?

I don't know about incompetent, the sheer fact this game has been online this long, has PS5 upgrade, and is thriving, it's a damn marvel. I think I have two thousand hours in this game. It's been butter after the initial bugs were squashed and servers scaled!

4/20 was days ago, don't tell me you're still celebrating. Did you not see the date on this thread? Why necro it?

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 23, 2023 3:17PM