Maintenance for the week of July 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – July 7, 3:00AM EDT (7:00 UTC) – 11:00AM EDT (15:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – July 7, 3:00AM EDT (7:00 UTC) – 11:00AM EDT (15:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – July 7, 3:00AM EDT (7:00 UTC) – 11:00AM EDT (15:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 7, 3:00AM EDT (7:00 UTC) – 11:00AM EDT (15:00 UTC)
ESOTU Console Launch - Known Issues
Welcome to The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited on Xbox One and PS4! We’re extremely excited to finally bring our game to consoles, and can’t wait to share this experience with you! We want to call out a few known issues that you may run into during your adventures. These will be addressed in future patches and updates.General
- [Updated 6/15] Queuing System Display: Our login queuing system will still occasionally display the incorrect wait time and queue placement. This is purely a visual display bug that will be continually improved throughout the week—the queuing system does work, though. Once you're in the queue, please do not leave the queue, close the game client, or otherwise navigate away from this screen. You will load into Tamriel as soon as you reach the front of the queue.
- [Largely Resolved] Error 318: Some of you have been running into Error 318, stating that you have been dropped from the server because you hit the message rate limit. This message is a bit misleading, and is nothing you’re doing; it has to do with data being sent from the client to the server, not actual in-game messages. We are actively investigating why some of you may be receiving this error repeatedly.
- Friends list not is populating in-game: We’re aware that there’s an issue where your friends list from Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network is not properly populating in-game, and are working on a fix for this. We have two workarounds that you can try while we work on fixing the issue:
- You can create a guild and invite your friends. This way, you can still easily group together, see when they’re online, send mail, etc. Note that you need to be at least level 10 to create a guild.
- You can try removing your friend completely from the Xbox One or PlayStation 4 friends list, then re-adding them through the ESOTU UI.
- In the event you’re having trouble grouping with friends due to this issue, go to Menu – Social – Group – Invite Player, then enter the respective Xbox Gamertag or PSN ID.
- Explorer’s Pack or Imperial Edition items not being delivered: We are aware of this issue, and are working on a fix. We do not have any workarounds at this time.
- Issues receiving crowns: We’re aware there’s an issue where you are not receiving your crowns after purchasing an ESO Plus membership, or seeing a significant delay after purchasing a crown pack. We’re working on a fix for both of these issues.
- Getting kicked from queue: In the event that you got kicked from the queue, you should immediately log back in. You will be placed back into the same place you were in prior to getting booted.
- Login Errors: If you are continually experiencing login errors and have not been able to log into the game at all, please contact our Support Team at help.elderscrollsonline.com so they can begin troubleshooting with you.
Combat & Gameplay
- Other player characters will occasionally appear as black silhouettes while either fighting in large battles in Cyrodiil, or when jumping repeatedly within two wayshrines.
Quests & Zones
- [Will be fixed in the next patch] Attempting to destroy an item and simultaneously clicking the Back option will result in loss of Y-axis functionality. Relogging will fix this issue.
- Holding the D-Pad in any direction during a loading screen will occasionally prevent you from moving your camera. Pressing the D-Pad again after loading will resolve this issue.
- [Will be improved in the next patch] You may encounter some invisible NPCs during your play. Completely closing the game and/or rebooting your system will make them appear in some cases.
- [Will be fixed in the next patch] You may encounter loading times up to two minutes when reviving at the wayshrine in Razak’s Wheel.
- [Will be fixed in the next patch] Although rare, you may become stuck in place when interacting with the symbol of Arkay while on the Blood Matron quest. Relogging will fix this issue.
- Character names are currently displayed on all leaderboards instead of the appropriate PSN Online ID or Xbox Live gamertag.
- [Will be fixed in the next patch] A UI error will occasionally be displayed when attempting to view the Guild History window.
- Pressing Select on the character selection screen will sometimes cause a UI error. This only affects those that have an Imperial Edition of the game.
- [Will be fixed in the next patch]If you attempt to delete a character then cancel the delete, you will lose the ability to zoom or rotate your character at the Select Character and Character Creation screens. Relogging will fix this issue.
- If you ignore another player who is not online at that moment, or try to remove them from ignore while they’re not online, the action may not immediately occur. Simply viewing your ignore list will fix this issue.
- If you ignore another player who is on your friends list, they may become unignored the next time they log in. This is a rare case, and relogging will fix this issue.
- [Updated 6/12] If you participated in the PS4 console beta, you may not be able to log in due to your account being linked to another PS4 account. Please contact Customer Support for help with this.
- [Will be fixed in the next patch] You may run into issues getting on your mount while in Remote Play. As a temporary workaround, quickly tap the Vita screen 5 times.
- The icon for new mail will still be displayed if you have chat or message restriction turned on. You will not actually receive mail; this is just a UI error.
- [New 6/15] Unable to send mail: We've seen reports that you sometimes cannot send or receive mail. This appears to be caused by spaces in a player's Xbox Gamertag. We're actively working on a fix for this.
- You cannot currently view the option to purchase an ESO Plus membership through the Xbox Marketplace. It can still be purchased by visiting the Crown Store in-game and pressing the right analog stick. You can read more details about this here.