Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Shields are getting changed to be critted

• Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    k2blader wrote: »
    This makes my re-roll of night blade and templar justified.

With this change light armor is dead for any class, its simply not viable at all unless you want to die.

You can't be a caster in light armor, heaven forbid you have a damage shield and dont die in one hit.

Without a damage shield all light armor users are naked in spell resist or physical resist against anyone with a sharpened weapon and even more so with a few point in spell erosion or piercing.

Your damage shields already have no armor or spell resist and now the can be crit? Pointless lol

The worst part is this screws templar more then anyone and they are already being miffed. Pathetic.

So many people who are good (?) at PvP don't get this it's amazing.

Ask them, how is a sorc supposed to survive?, I'm curious what they'd say.

How does any light armored class survive? Be thankful that you have an extra shield at your disposal. Also if you're concerned about survival, try throwing a couple of pieces of heavy armor on, our craft a defensive item set.
  • KingKush
    KingKush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone crying about Sorcs are gonna be the same people crying about Magicka NB a month from now.
    Xbox NA
    GT: Live Like Kure
    King Kush-MagSorc
  • SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    Shields insanely OP on PTS. So much combining, but this is needed.

Yeah the storngest one of them bugges... and my sorc shield is not that powerful. You guys can tell me maybe how I should win againt a scale spamming DK or an self healing Temp, or a allways doging NB, without my only Def?...

It is so ridiculous... I hope shields could at least crit as well...
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KingKush wrote: »
    Everyone crying about Sorcs are gonna be the same people crying about Magicka NB a month from now.

Detection potions are a beautiful thing, and if you're a Nightblade piercing mark makes quick work of cloak dependant Nightblades. Wouldn't hurt to have an aoe on you either.
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With this change light armor is dead for any class, its simply not viable at all unless you want to die.

You can't be a caster in light armor, heaven forbid you have a damage shield and dont die in one hit.

Without a damage shield all light armor users are naked in spell resist or physical resist against anyone with a sharpened weapon and even more so with a few point in spell erosion or piercing.

Your damage shields already have no armor or spell resist and now the can be crit? Pointless lol

The worst part is this screws templar more then anyone and they are already being miffed. Pathetic.

How does any light armored class survive? Be thankful that you have an extra shield at your disposal. Also if you're concerned about survival, try throwing a couple of pieces of heavy armor on, our craft a defensive item set.

Uh, I am thankful. With no class heal and nerfed mobility, it helps, yes. Note you can roll a sorc too if you want the sorc shield.

2 pieces of heavy does essentially nothing on live. Have they changed things to make it much more effective for light armored classes? Have they added CPs to give equivalent mitigation against physical damage as there is currently against magical damage?

Oh, and recommend a "defensive item set"?
    Edited by k2blader on July 31, 2015 10:49PM
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Uh, I am thankful. With no class heal and nerfed mobility, it helps, yes. Note you can roll a sorc too if you want the sorc shield.

2 pieces of heavy does essentially nothing on live. Have they changed things to make it much more effective for light armored classes? Have they added CPs to give equivalent mitigation against physical damage as there is currently against magical damage?

Two pieces of heavy (including chest) with reinforced, and a defense buff on top of that; like unstoppable will provide you a ton of extra defense.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Also you don't need a class heal when you're a magicka user. They have restoration staffs for those.
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also you don't need a class heal when you're a magicka user. They have restoration staffs for those.

Ok, so you've demonstrated you know nothing about playing a sorc effectively.

Re. no class heal I was trying to get you to understand (a bit) why sorcs have a good class shield. You know other magicka using classes have class heals right? Any class, let alone sorcs, who have to (or opt to) equip a resto staff for heals deserve that much more survivability IMO.
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @k2blader i think magicka NBs want to speak a quick word with you about that statement.
    Jo'Khaljor
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Re. no class heal I was trying to get you to understand (a bit) why sorcs have a good class shield. You know other magicka using classes have class heals right? Any class, let alone sorcs, who have to (or opt to) equip a resto staff for heals deserve that much more survivability IMO.

You have no self heal therefore you should have great damage mitigation. Is that your rational? Lol ever heard of a Nightblade?
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kobaal wrote: »
    agent-smith-laughing-o.gif

P.S. can't wait to see all the threads sorcs are going to start.

Most of us are too busy playing our Nightblades..... Who happen to benefit most from this ( :
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have no self heal therefore you should have great damage mitigation. Is that your rational? Lol ever heard of a Nightblade?

Does it always have to come to that-- an NB crying, alone in the dark? -_-

[edit]
    Just wanted to add, my NBs are still babies, but it sounds like NBs will be even better after the update. So I dunno why the angst. lol

Edited by k2blader on August 1, 2015 12:04AM
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    So how about blocking. Are we going to be able to crit against people blocking?
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So how about blocking. Are we going to be able to crit against people blocking?

Of course not as that wouldn't result in a direct nerf to sorc.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • King Bozo
    King Bozo
    ✭✭✭
    On the bright side vigor will be available at alliance rank 5 I believe to solve all your healing needs.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You all have no idea how much I've awaited this day.

No idea.

Finally.
    Edited by DDuke on August 1, 2015 1:05AM
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    You all have no idea how much I've awaited this day.

No idea.

Finally.

Yup xD

Edit: I think I know how much you wanted this, and me also :trollface:
    Edited by Master_Kas on August 1, 2015 2:09AM
    EU | PC
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they may have to lower shield nerf if it's to painful, this should help against barrier groups also
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    I think everyone is getting wrapped up in bringing sorcerer defense into place that other classes are getting blown back so far it's not even funny.

Templar and DK shields are hilariously bad now.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think everyone is getting wrapped up in bringing sorcerer defense into place that other classes are getting blown back so far it's not even funny.

I don't play either of those classes but I would think templars would be upset. I guess I've never noticed DKs using bubbles much..
  • Radburn
    Radburn
    ✭✭✭

Its really unbelievable how bad Sun shield is on PTS.

Blazing Shield stats in PvP:

Cost: 3830
    Absorbs 14% of health
    reflects 53% of damage absorbed

20,000 health absorbs 2800 damage which reflects 1484 back in a 5m AoE. factor in the new 50% damage reduction and that number gets lowered to 742 damage.

In its current form Sun shield can be viewed as a skill that wastes a slot on your bar, drains your magicka, and leaves you vulnerable during the 1 second or so it takes to cast it. No thanks.

• Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

[edit]
    Just wanted to add, my NBs are still babies, but it sounds like NBs will be even better after the update. So I dunno why the angst. lol

Who said anything about crying. Nightblades have awesome burst damage, but no self heals or damage mitigation. It's the crying self entitled sorcs that whine because they want to be the best at everything, and boy they whine. Now the hammer of balance is coming down upon you, and you don't want to accept it. Sorry but bask in this moment of being grossly overpowered, because when IC goes live, you'll have to fight us at our level, and I think sorcs have gotten too comfortable with not having to strategize and play skillfully.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

[edit]

Who said anything about crying. Nightblades have awesome burst damage, but no self heals or damage mitigation. It's the crying self entitled sorcs that whine because they want to be the best at everything, and boy they whine. Now the hammer of balance is coming down upon you, and you don't want to accept it. Sorry but bask in this moment of being grossly overpowered, because when IC goes live, you'll have to fight us at our level, and I think sorcs have gotten too comfortable with not having to strategize and play skillfully.

I'd just like to point out that nightblades can, you know, go invisible.

But let's please take away a magicka Sorc's ONLY defense. Right? Right.

It's a selfish nerf that was wanted from people who play classes that have a wide variety of defense and offense. While I will agree that shields are far too strong on PTS, I don't think nerfing them any further helps anybody. I think the best approach would be for ZoS to adjust the damage reduction in Cyrodiil accordingly.

90% of the people I see complaining about Sorcerers all the time are, in fact, not really good players to begin with. It's funny how people want to complain about classes they have issues fighting, but don't want to adjust their builds for the likely situation in which they will have to fight that class. I thought PvP was about having a dynamic build that can serve you correctly in many different situations.

But, no, people began to crave quick kills in this game, and anything that is less than that has now become a reason for them to scream for nerfs.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

[edit]

It's a selfish nerf that was wanted from people who play classes that have a wide variety of defense and offense. While I will agree that shields are far too strong on PTS, I don't think nerfing them any further helps anybody. I think the best approach would be for ZoS to adjust the damage reduction in Cyrodiil accordingly.

90% of the people I see complaining about Sorcerers all the time are, in fact, not really good players to begin with. It's funny how people want to complain about classes they have issues fighting, but don't want to adjust their builds for the likely situation in which they will have to fight that class. I thought PvP was about having a dynamic build that can serve you correctly in many different situations.

But, no, people began to crave quick kills in this game, and anything that is less than that has now become a reason for them to scream for nerfs.

Detection potions, mage light, revealing flare, piercing mark and AoEs, all of these take a Nightblade out of stealth. How about this. Let's make your shields last only 2.5 seconds, but the catch is that if I do any of those things I listed your shield is gone, and you won't be able to reactivate it again for the remainder of the fight? Sounds harsh doesn't it? Yeah, the only thing selfish about this nerf is how sorcs are reacting to it. You don't want balance, you want to be overpowered. You don't want to win because of your skill as a player, you want to win because of your class. And now this severe imbalance is being taken away from you. Enjoy it while it lasts.
    Edited by Strider_Roshin on August 1, 2015 3:55AM
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    Good lord.

Blazing Shield / Radiant Ward are already off my bar in PvP.

So I guess this will put them out of mind as well.

Yeah, this is the final nail in the coffin for Blazing...

RIP blazing shields, you were... Kind of useful? sometimes? for a short while?
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingKush wrote: »

Revealing flare makes NBs useless.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

[edit]

Detection potions, mage light, revealing flare, piercing mark and AoEs, all of these take a Nightblade out of stealth. How about this. Let's make your shields last only 2.5 seconds, but the catch is that if I do any of those things I listed your shield is gone, and you won't be able to reactivate it again for the remainder of the fight?

AOE and Radiant Mage Light don't make Cloak unusable for the rest of the fight like you are implying here. Revealing Flare is incredibly slow and rarely used in PVP. AOEs only knock you out of Cloak for a second. Radiant Mage Light only works in a small radius that is easy for a NB to get away from but hard for them to attack you. Detect Pots do make Cloak easy to counter but they cost money and use up your potion cool down.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »

[edit]

Detection potions, mage light, revealing flare, piercing mark and AoEs, all of these take a Nightblade out of stealth. How about this. Let's make your shields last only 2.5 seconds, but the catch is that if I do any of those things I listed your shield is gone, and you won't be able to reactivate it again for the remainder of the fight?

AOE and Radiant Mage Light don't make Cloak unusable for the rest of the fight like you are implying here. Revealing Flare is incredibly slow and rarely used in PVP. AOEs only knock you out of Cloak for a second. Radiant Mage Light only works in a small radius that is easy for a NB to get away from but hard for them to attack you. Detect Pots do make Cloak easy to counter but they cost money and use up your potion cool down.

scorching flare is actually decent now, as it applies a very nasty dot and is a lot faster
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

[edit]

AoEs knock you out entirely, forcing you to recloak, and detection potions are a beautiful thing. Use them all the time.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

[edit]

scorching flare is actually decent now, as it applies a very nasty dot and is a lot faster

Didn't catch that in the PTS notes ... gotta check it out.

[edit]

AoEs knock you out entirely, forcing you to recloak, and detection potions are a beautiful thing. Use them all the time.

Yep by knocking you out for a second I meant that's all the time it takes for you to reCloak.