Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Shields are getting changed to be critted

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    TheBull wrote: »
    I really can't understand what is going on in ZOS' minds. Several of the shields in game are already poor on live now, crap in the current version on the PTS and will be entirely useless with this change.

The real issue is and always has been shield stacking. So why on earth will they not simply remove stacking and then adjust the various shields as necessary ?

There doesn't seem to be any logic behind the current strategy of balancing the shields between each other and it's clearly not working.

Nah man all shields with maybe the exception sun shield on pts are OP. Healing ward is AMAZING. The bad is I was just getting used to the OP ward on my magikca nightblade :(

Just in case you guys didn't catch it in the last live: healing ward is currently bugged on PTS.

Normally, it's strength is boosted up to 300% depending on how low the target's health is. The cyrodiil debuff that is supposed to lower all shields by 50% does not cut this 300% bonus in half like it should(down to 150%), instead the 50%
    is subtracted from the 300%(resulting in 250% low-health healing ward bonus, instead of 150%).

This. That's why shields seem so strong. Can only repeat myself: Healing ward is the whole problem.
    And since it is not affected by the debuff, shield stacking appears so strong to us.
    When they fix this, there is no need to make shields critable or something
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really can't understand what is going on in ZOS' minds. Several of the shields in game are already poor on live now, crap in the current version on the PTS and will be entirely useless with this change.

The real issue is and always has been shield stacking. So why on earth will they not simply remove stacking and then adjust the various shields as necessary ?

There doesn't seem to be any logic behind the current strategy of balancing the shields between each other and it's clearly not working.

Nah man all shields with maybe the exception sun shield on pts are OP. Healing ward is AMAZING. The bad is I was just getting used to the OP ward on my magikca nightblade :(

Just in case you guys didn't catch it in the last live: healing ward is currently bugged on PTS.

Normally, it's strength is boosted up to 300% depending on how low the target's health is. The cyrodiil debuff that is supposed to lower all shields by 50% does not cut this 300% bonus in half like it should(down to 150%), instead the 50% is subtracted from the 300%(resulting in 250% low-health healing ward bonus, instead of 150%).
    that sounds extreamly fishy - it clearly indicates sth is completly messed with the way healing ward is calculated.

as reducing its base value by 50% is creating a 50% overall reduction as intended. if they need to reduce the 300% modifier on top of that it clearly shows their entire math behind that system is flawed and the current live healing ward is tons ehead of what it should provide (wich is sth i would actually agree to as it is the main culprit in the entire shield stacking issue and not hardend ward as many suppose)

to make my point clear:

(100% shield value * 50cyromidifier) * 300% HP modifier = 150% of its base value (or 50 of its current value)
    (100% shield value *300 HP modifier) *50% cyromodifier = 150%

(100% * 50%) * 150% = 75 % O_o what are they trying to sell us here ? (of its base value and 25% of its current value)
    Edited by Tankqull on August 1, 2015 10:12AM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Ace_SiN
    Ace_SiN
    ✭✭✭✭

Normally, it's strength is boosted up to 300% depending on how low the target's health is. The cyrodiil debuff that is supposed to lower all shields by 50% does not cut this 300% bonus in half like it should(down to 150%), instead the 50% is subtracted from the 300%(resulting in 250% low-health healing ward bonus, instead of 150%).

That explains a lot.. I've been fighting magicka Sorcs, NBs, etc and wondering "did they buff shields?" Busting through healing ward feels like a lot more work is needed on the PTS.
    King of Beasts

• Fenrlr
    Fenrlr
    ✭✭✭
    Anything that *** up sorc is welcome.
    They had their fun to long :)
    Lynxa - Nightblade - EU - PC
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Darnathian wrote: »
    k2blader wrote: »
    This makes my re-roll of night blade and templar justified.

With this change light armor is dead for any class, its simply not viable at all unless you want to die.

You can't be a caster in light armor, heaven forbid you have a damage shield and dont die in one hit.

Without a damage shield all light armor users are naked in spell resist or physical resist against anyone with a sharpened weapon and even more so with a few point in spell erosion or piercing.

Your damage shields already have no armor or spell resist and now the can be crit? Pointless lol

The worst part is this screws templar more then anyone and they are already being miffed. Pathetic.

So many people who are good (?) at PvP don't get this it's amazing.

Ask them, how is a sorc supposed to survive?, I'm curious what they'd say.

How does any light armored class survive? Be thankful that you have an extra shield at your disposal. Also if you're concerned about survival, try throwing a couple of pieces of heavy armor on, our craft a defensive item set.

Uh, I am thankful. With no class heal and nerfed mobility, it helps, yes. Note you can roll a sorc too if you want the sorc shield.

2 pieces of heavy does essentially nothing on live. Have they changed things to make it much more effective for light armored classes? Have they added CPs to give equivalent mitigation against physical damage as there is currently against magical damage?

Oh, and recommend a "defensive item set"?

Also you don't need a class heal when you're a magicka user. They have restoration staffs for those.

Ok, so you've demonstrated you know nothing about playing a sorc effectively.

Re. no class heal I was trying to get you to understand (a bit) why sorcs have a good class shield. You know other magicka using classes have class heals right? Any class, let alone sorcs, who have to (or opt to) equip a resto staff for heals deserve that much more survivability IMO.

But that's theproblem. It's too good. You all defended it when people were asking it to be scaled off health like every other shield. So this is what you get

To say that is okay for sorc's to spam 25k+ shields is okay is laughable. Class heals? Lol. I will trade you that. Those shields add up to way more than most people have in hp's. And on top of that it makes you stronger offensively too

Good change. I personally was hoping for the. To remove stacking but this is decent

Looks like you can't just put on light armor and nothing but shields and nukes on your bars now

On live my hardened ward is 15k in Cyrodiil. 5k less than my DK's igneous shield. You know what the difference is? My DK has a lot more ways to survive, has a reflect, a self heal that's boosted by my shield, and ultimates that restore my stats. So I gladly trade a mere 5k shield for that. And, guess what, I can shield stack on my DK too! Omg!

Please stop with this 25k+ shield crap. Sorcerers commonly use Harness + Hardened. But, remember, Harness only absorbs spell damage based attacks and is available to everyone. And seeing as many stamina based attacks and even a few magicka based attacks hit almost for 15k, I find it hilarious that people have such an issue with hardened ward. As for shields on PTS, I think the crit change is going to solve the issues people are having. So let's wait that out before sobbing for more nerfs.

Misinformation doesn't help anyone.

You dodged. Dry carefully what i said in the first paragraph. Let's try this again

Does that OP shield on you DK make him stronger offensively? No it does not. That's what should have changed. It should scale off health like every else. Sorc's defended that to the death. Then this is where we are now. Should have took the fair change

Yes yes and now stop being blind. Everyone knows, DK has the best DPS. Have you ever faced a dual wield DK spamming whip and his other things in Cyrodiil ? They tear you up within seconds. No shield spam or block will help you against that.

A friend of mine gets accused of being a cheater, because his damage is THAT nasty. Dragonknights destroy things in Cyrodiil. problem is, most DKs play as tanks. So you can't expect that from them

I can safely say I've never faced a dual wield flame lash spamming dk simply because it's one of the worst setups in the game, you lack a charge and if you choose to have a ranged magicka weapon you will not have a charge, if ya choose a charge you'll have no range to speak of.

The reason dual wield works good on classes like nb, sorc, and Templar is they have mobility plus range
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Normally, it's strength is boosted up to 300% depending on how low the target's health is. The cyrodiil debuff that is supposed to lower all shields by 50% does not cut this 300% bonus in half like it should(down to 150%), instead the 50%
    is subtracted from the 300%(resulting in 250% low-health healing ward bonus, instead of 150%).

This. That's why shields seem so strong. Can only repeat myself: Healing ward is the whole problem.
    And since it is not affected by the debuff, shield stacking appears so strong to us.

No, hardened ward is strong because it's bloody strong
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All they are doing is hurting the all light armor magicka playstyle by doing this and destroying escape mechanics. Don't get me wrong, I get why they have to do this but when all is said and done and shields are nerfed to Oblivion all you'll see are heavy armor mages just so they can survive in a fight.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

No, hardened ward is strong because it's bloody strong

It's strong because it has to be strong. According to all the comments you've made, I can safely say, that you appearently have no hm.... clue ? Don't want to be insulting :neutral: don't get me wrong, so I apologize for saying this. But that's all I can say, you're selfish.

You want to see Sorcerers without a good shield and without a class heal. How are they supposed to exist ? That's the trade off. Strong shield for weak self heal, this idea gets destroyed by Healing Ward being so strong. if they turn down Healing ward, things will get much better. And Healing Ward is op on everyone, not only on Sorcs. It's not only a Sorcerer problem
    Edited by Dracane on August 1, 2015 11:04AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    They need to give light armor users something back, maybe some stronger passives, because if they keep going this route no one is going to use light armor anymore.
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    And why always with the overnerfing? Fix Healing Ward then see how it goes. Don't slap another 50% (crit) nerf on top of that for no reason.

Progressive balancing, step by step, because ham-fisted sledgehammer balancing never worked for any MMO in the history of MMOs.
    Edited by Zsymon on August 1, 2015 11:20AM
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kobaal wrote: »
    agent-smith-laughing-o.gif

P.S. can't wait to see all the threads sorcs are going to start.

Thats the face my Khajiit NB made.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zsymon Agreed :neutral:
    I don't get it either. It's not fair this way
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tradeoff/Glass Cannon. End of Line.
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

that sounds extreamly fishy - it clearly indicates sth is completly messed with the way healing ward is calculated.

as reducing its base value by 50% is creating a 50% overall reduction as intended. if they need to reduce the 300% modifier on top of that it clearly shows their entire math behind that system is flawed and the current live healing ward is tons ehead of what it should provide (wich is sth i would actually agree to as it is the main culprit in the entire shield stacking issue and not hardend ward as many suppose)

to make my point clear:

(100% shield value * 50cyromidifier) * 300% HP modifier = 150% of its base value (or 50 of its current value)

(100% * 50%) * 150% = 75 % O_o what are they trying to sell us here ? (of its base value and 25% of its current value)
    I think what the post was saying is that it is currently working on PTS more like so:
    (100% base value * (100% high health strength - 50% debuff)) = 50% of base value <- As intended
    (100% base value * (300% low health strength - 50% debuff)) = 250% of base value <- Way too strong
    There have been (or still are) a number of places where % are scaled in an additive/subtractive manner (as in this example) instead of multiplicative manner (as in your example) that have caused problems in game mechanics.

Note that with this statement I'm not claiming that healing ward is indeed scaling this way (I haven't been on PTS yet so I have no first-hand evidence one way or the other) - just trying to illustrate what I think the post was trying to convey.
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tradeoff/Glass Cannon. End of Line.

I guess it wouldn't be that bad if heavy armor weren't such a rubbish choice. None of the passives are even worth putting skill points into, and the mitigation you achieve is already small in its base, but completely negligible with all the armor/spell pen.

Heavy armor only works for tanks in PvE, because monsters don't have penetration, it has no other purposes. If they nerf shields this hard then there is no other surviving option. To make heavy armor viable in PvP they would have to remove/nerf all penetration and massively buff the heavy armor passives.
    Edited by Zsymon on August 1, 2015 11:36AM
  • briandivisionb16_ESO
    briandivisionb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is great! :)
    If your group is bigger than 6 members gain 75% damage reduction.

Write this on the back of your box and see how many sales you get!

You won't get any new PvP players until this archaic AoE crap is fixed.
    I for one won't resub until:
    1.) You fix lag.
    2.) You remove AOE caps we voted against.
    3.) 12 months have passed (this is how long we've waited for you to 'get with it')[/b]
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMFAO :D .....Adding the ability to crit on shields and all of a sudden it's the end of world?....OMG, and now everyone's pointing fingers at other classes lol. ADAPT!!!!!!!
    NA/PC
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've already figured out a crit "build" not really a build...
    To have like 60% crit. (or more if I use crit gear) I think, crit stacking is the best thing people could do now, since people cannot block too much, can't dodge everything and shields aren't worth to mention anyway when they are critable ^^
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    smacx250 wrote: »
    Tankqull wrote: »

to make my point clear:

I think what the post was saying is that it is currently working on PTS more like so:
    (100% base value * (100% high health strength - 50% debuff)) = 50% of base value <- As intended
    (100% base value * (300% low health strength - 50% debuff)) = 250% of base value <- Way too strong
    There have been (or still are) a number of places where % are scaled in an additive/subtractive manner (as in this example) instead of multiplicative manner (as in your example) that have caused problems in game mechanics.

Note that with this statement I'm not claiming that healing ward is indeed scaling this way (I haven't been on PTS yet so I have no first-hand evidence one way or the other) - just trying to illustrate what I think the post was trying to convey.

well if thats the reason than some one at ZOS in deciding position has no clue about basic mathematics :P
    but that could be what E.Wrobel meant haven´t had that in mind...

Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• ItsRejectz
    ItsRejectz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it's only fair then if the shields have a chance to crit when they are cast to. Also at the moment shields have no mitigation, that needs to change and have a players resistances also count towards the shields
    Xbox EU - GT: o69 Woody 69o

VR16 Sorc: Vlad V Impaler
    VR16 Sorc: Yes it's Woody
    VR16 NB: Prince of Wallachia
    VR16 Templar: Sir Lancelot the Brave
    VR16 DK: I'm Better Than You

• Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    FENGRUSH is coming for his brothers in robes. Justice will be served.

I promise, will be starting 100 threads if this really happens !
    Outrageous change, outrageous. I never expected them to do this. I think I reroll another class

ZoS, then remove the shield nerf please

What was the point in being able to catch Sorcs if you can't be killed when caught? Now Sorcs just have to fight which is kinda the point I reckon. You may be amazed how much more you kill with this than you think.

Rerolling a class due to a mention in a live feed by ZoS before its even implemented on PTS is a tad extreme a reaction. You can still stack shields and still spam them. You have stats other than Magicka to put points into if you are one of the Sorcs with little HP when your shields get depleted. If you are one of the one trick pony builds unwilling to try anything else then reroll like many others will and onto the next FOTM.
  • Solanum
    Solanum
    ✭✭✭
    I believe sorcerers are once again blowing the nerfs severely out of proportion. Just like they did last patch.

Take into account that blocking will be nerfed, as well as dodgerolling.

Also, allowing shields to crit themselves, increasing their absorption capabilities seems like a rather poor idea unless this is somehow restricted, like heals are by the limit of ones healthpool.
  • Baragorath
    Baragorath
    ✭✭✭
    Baragorath wrote: »
    Finally some good news and thank you Zenimax for listening to community.

Hope it is true so no macro refreshing sorcerers will fly around Cyro and this is first step to put them in line and bring some fresh air into PvP.

But before i open champagne firstly need to see patch notes implementing this.

Says the permablocking runnaway DK. How do you feel now where you have to play without your turtle tactic ?

Changing to stamina 2h and what will you do?

Hope our sorc teachers which revealed themselves as mushrooms after rainning post update 6 will stop telling others l2p issue.

Good job Zenimax champagne put into refrigerator and hope will be open on 31.08.2015.
    Edited by Baragorath on August 1, 2015 12:07PM
    Baragorath - Proud Nord - Dragon Knight - Former Emperor - AR40
    One-Who-Crushes-Mountains - Argonian - Templar - AR8
    Grotarg Delan - Dunmer - Nightblade - AR6
    Avosaris - High Elf - Sorcerer - AR6

Squishy Tomatoes - Pact Support Group - July 2016 - up to date

Decimation Elite - Field Marshal - December 2014 - May 2016

Gave up on Banana Squad members math skills - March 2016
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solanum wrote: »
    I believe sorcerers are once again blowing the nerfs severely out of proportion. Just like they did last patch.

Take into account that blocking will be nerfed, as well as dodgerolling.

Also, allowing shields to crit themselves, increasing their absorption capabilities seems like a rather poor idea unless this is somehow restricted, like heals are by the limit of ones healthpool.

well just from my perspective - my hihgest pvp hits sofar were between 22-30k dmg with WB, snipe heavy attacks on my DK, adding a 30% dmg decrease to those values a fully shielded sorc [edit: or better any light armor wearer relying on shields] is a twohit without any chance to react thx to my 80+% crit rates with a potion ...
    if they do not apply significant mitigation to shields sorcs become nothing but freefrags.
    Edited by Tankqull on August 1, 2015 12:12PM

• Davkin
    Davkin
    I still cant belive that people expect light armor to have the same survivability as heavy armor. On the contrast no-one expect the same from medium armor. Its clear that if you decide to go medium armor, you will die quicker then heavy with the upside of heaving more resources at your disposal. Ask any none NB stamina dps. At the current state, people with effectiv shield use are harder to kill then most heavy armor users, and that while most heavy armor passives are aimed at survivabilty, while light gives you more magicka for doing dmg. Light armor should gets you a glass canons. What you want is a invincible glass canon, so without the downside.

I dont know, if just allowing crit is the right answer though. It would be more sensable to eliminate shieldstacking. But something has to be nerfed, right now effective shield stacker are together with a good siphon tank the hardest enemys to kill. And opposite to the siphon tank, who in some cases cant to much more then stand arround and slowly drain, shieldstacking sorcs still do dmg.
    Edited by Davkin on August 1, 2015 12:18PM
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    This makes my re-roll of night blade and templar justified.

With this change light armor is dead for any class, its simply not viable at all unless you want to die.

You can't be a caster in light armor, heaven forbid you have a damage shield and dont die in one hit.

Without a damage shield all light armor users are naked in spell resist or physical resist against anyone with a sharpened weapon and even more so with a few point in spell erosion or piercing.

Your damage shields already have no armor or spell resist and now the can be crit? Pointless lol

The worst part is this screws templar more then anyone and they are already being miffed. Pathetic.

So many people who are good (?) at PvP don't get this it's amazing.

Ask them, how is a sorc supposed to survive?, I'm curious what they'd say.

How does any light armored class survive? Be thankful that you have an extra shield at your disposal. Also if you're concerned about survival, try throwing a couple of pieces of heavy armor on, our craft a defensive item set.

Uh, I am thankful. With no class heal and nerfed mobility, it helps, yes. Note you can roll a sorc too if you want the sorc shield.

2 pieces of heavy does essentially nothing on live. Have they changed things to make it much more effective for light armored classes? Have they added CPs to give equivalent mitigation against physical damage as there is currently against magical damage?

Oh, and recommend a "defensive item set"?

Also you don't need a class heal when you're a magicka user. They have restoration staffs for those.

Ok, so you've demonstrated you know nothing about playing a sorc effectively.

Re. no class heal I was trying to get you to understand (a bit) why sorcs have a good class shield. You know other magicka using classes have class heals right? Any class, let alone sorcs, who have to (or opt to) equip a resto staff for heals deserve that much more survivability IMO.

But that's theproblem. It's too good. You all defended it when people were asking it to be scaled off health like every other shield. So this is what you get

To say that is okay for sorc's to spam 25k+ shields is okay is laughable. Class heals? Lol. I will trade you that. Those shields add up to way more than most people have in hp's. And on top of that it makes you stronger offensively too

Good change. I personally was hoping for the. To remove stacking but this is decent

Looks like you can't just put on light armor and nothing but shields and nukes on your bars now

On live my hardened ward is 15k in Cyrodiil. 5k less than my DK's igneous shield. You know what the difference is? My DK has a lot more ways to survive, has a reflect, a self heal that's boosted by my shield, and ultimates that restore my stats. So I gladly trade a mere 5k shield for that. And, guess what, I can shield stack on my DK too! Omg!

Please stop with this 25k+ shield crap. Sorcerers commonly use Harness + Hardened. But, remember, Harness only absorbs spell damage based attacks and is available to everyone. And seeing as many stamina based attacks and even a few magicka based attacks hit almost for 15k, I find it hilarious that people have such an issue with hardened ward. As for shields on PTS, I think the crit change is going to solve the issues people are having. So let's wait that out before sobbing for more nerfs.

Misinformation doesn't help anyone.

And if you have a 20k shield on you DK you are putting out zero damage. Lol. You are playing a tank. Which guess what is getting nerfed in this patch too because sorc's and nb's complained about not being able to kill fast enough. Lol.

Who is putting out misinformation now. 20k igneous shield? Lol

Don't forget that "20k" DK shield will also be getting critted now! Everyones shields will.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally some good news and thank you Zenimax for listening to community.

Hope it is true so no macro refreshing sorcerers will fly around Cyro and this is first step to put them in line and bring some fresh air into PvP.

But before i open champagne firstly need to see patch notes implementing this.

Says the permablocking runnaway DK. How do you feel now where you have to play without your turtle tactic ?

Changing to stamina 2h and what will you do?

Hope our sorc teachers which revealed themselves as mushrooms after rainning post update 6 will stop telling others l2p issue.

Good job Zenimax champagne put into refrigerator and hope will be open on 31.08.2015.

Haha okay, that is pretty funny indeed :) I don't like these selfproclaimed Teacher either.

As I said, I will stack crit chance and crit damage I suppose. Have to see how to deal with melees after 1.7. I suppose, daedric mines are essential now.

However. While I know, that Stamina DKs are one of the most frightening oponents one can face in Cyrodiil, you shouldn't feel too safe. I know, you always say I am unskilled and am only good because Sorcs are OP or whatever you say. But I will teach you wrong when the time has come. This old lady can fight !
    Edited by Dracane on August 1, 2015 12:28PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    a
    Davkin wrote: »
    I still cant belive that people expect light armor to have the same survivability as heavy armor. On the contrast no-one expect the same from medium armor. Its clear that if you decide to go medium armor, you will die quicker then heavy with the upside of heaving more resources at your disposal. Ask any none NB stamina dps. At the current state, people with effectiv shield use are harder to kill then most heavy armor users, and that while most heavy armor passives are aimed at survivabilty, while light gives you more magicka for doing dmg. Light armor should gets you a glass canons. What you want is a invincible glass canon, so without the downside.

I dont know, if just allowing crit is the right answer though. It would be more sensable to eliminate shieldstacking. But something has to be nerfed, right now effective shield stacker are together with a good siphon tank the hardest enemys to kill. And opposite to the siphon tank, who in some cases cant to much more then stand arround and slowly drain, shieldstacking sorcs still do dmg.

With the huge amounts of penetration, and its horrible passives, heavy armor offers less survivability than light or medium armor. That is why every single PvPer uses either light or medium armor. Heavy armor is not an option in PvP because it is simply too bad. Some block-casting DKs used to use it for the Bracing passive, but blocking is nerfed so those builds are gone now too.

There is absolutely no reason to use heavy armor, and if shields are taken away as survivability tools, there is no alternative for casters to go.
    Edited by Zsymon on August 1, 2015 12:28PM
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zsymon wrote: »
    a
    Davkin wrote: »

With the huge amounts of penetration, and its horrible passives, heavy armor offers less survivability than light or medium armor. That is why every single PvPer uses either light or medium armor. Heavy armor is not an option in PvP because it is simply too bad.

heavy armor is viable on defensive (mana) specs in pvp you are not a dmg *** in the firstplace in that way.

none the less light armor wearer still do need a chance to survive an assault wich they do not with this change going life.

• Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    ItsRejectz wrote: »
    Well it's only fair then if the shields have a chance to crit when they are cast to. Also at the moment shields have no mitigation, that needs to change and have a players resistances also count towards the shields

So you want the shields to be even stronger than live now or even after this crit change?