Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar Skills Bugged/made useless - IGNORED

• Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templars are pretty good... In Solo PvE.

They aren't a class that needs to kill quick in order to get though a fight, as they can heal themselves without much trouble.
    I have noticed it very often, some guy/ girl on a NB, Sorc or DK entering a dungeon (Public ones), killing everything in 1/2 seconds while i take about 10+ to wipe the same amount of enemies. 10 feet deeper into the dungeon i pass them again since they need to heal up and recover magicka/ stamina... while i can continue fighting without needing to take a brake to recover.

In PvP this doesn't work however. The Templars Attacks are slow, and pack little punsh.
    Number wise would be on par with the other classes, if not for the fact that everything we have is DoT, Channeled or has a casting time (or, just plain low overall damage).

They need some fixes, though you won't hear me say that they need uber damage or extremely fast hits. The low hits, or slow pace of hitting aren't that bad, of they had anything to make up for it.
    In the past (Launch up to 1.6 i believe) Templars were one of the best classes when it came to Resource regeneration. Personally, i think that some of those changes in 1.6 should be reverted to give Templars back a certain advantage.
    They might be slow, or not hit that much, but if they can get back their resources they might be able to make up the quality of hits with quantity.

A suggestion for this:
    Bring back the old Restoring Aura effect, though only on the Radiant Aura Morph (and only as a personal buff).
    Gaining 80% Stamina and Health recovery is a lot, and other (decent) classes don't really need something like that.

For offense they could use a small buff also, though as i mentioned earlier... nothing that makes them suddenly go from zero to hero.
    A suggestion for this would be focused on the Radiant Glory morph (Radiant Destruction skill).
    Instead of making it a Channeled effect, make it so that the damage written down in the skill description gets applied in a single hit, allowing it to be used from stealth and such.

Of course, being able to spam something like Radiant Glory (non channel) would be OP, so to counter that i would suggest making it like other 2 effect skills (Like deadly Cloak). You will need to charge up Radiant Glory, which will take 3 seconds, after which the skill "Transforms" into a new skill, allowing you to release the damage in a single hit.
    It could allow you to keep your Transformed skill for up to 2.5 minutes, after which it reverts back to the original skill.

These are just some suggestions. I would go for the first one over the second one, though i think that there are some people who might want to have a bit more bite when it comes to their offence, even if it has a downside.
    Mending-The-Wounded, Aldmeri Dominion, Templar.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Back to bugs - Eclipse still can cause hp desync.

Eclipse is the weirdest skill ever. It works as it should but causes all sorts of strange thing to happen when combined with other skills.

For instance DK's getting super speed while eclipsed and using talons, or if you have eclipse on you, then use a channeled skill (like RD) you will often get locked out of your entire skill bar for 30 seconds.
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/166406/hellseesyou-pvp-magicka-templar-gameplay/p1

How does this guy manage to kick so much butt while playing such a buggy class? Seriously, just wondering.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jkemmery wrote: »
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/166406/hellseesyou-pvp-magicka-templar-gameplay/p1

How does this guy manage to kick so much butt while playing such a buggy class? Seriously, just wondering.

Yup a guy being successful in a few pvp videos means that the class has no bugs.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭

Yup a guy being successful in a few pvp videos means that the class has no bugs.

Well, every class and skill has bugs that get you from time to time. I can't tell you how many times I've gone for a critical rush only to watch my toon run in place with her sword held over her head going no where, or how many times I've gone for a dragon leap only to see wings spread, she crouches down and goes no where, does nothing. I always die when that happens.

I saw another DK in Pve dungeons kicking butt like I have never done, and I asked him about his build. When I see someone else being successful where I can't, I try to find out how I can do it. If it can be done, it can be done. If someone else can do it, I can do it too. That's my philosophy.
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭

Well, every class and skill has bugs that get you from time to time. I can't tell you how many times I've gone for a critical rush only to watch my toon run in place with her sword held over her head going no where, or how many times I've gone for a dragon leap only to see wings spread, she crouches down and goes no where, does nothing. I always die when that happens.

I saw another DK in Pve dungeons kicking butt like I have never done, and I asked him about his build. When I see someone else being successful where I can't, I try to find out how I can do it. If it can be done, it can be done. If someone else can do it, I can do it too. That's my philosophy.
    I'm sure you could gain the playing skill to compensate and know to stay completely away from most if not all of the bugged skills. Of course, with another class by that time, you would be an absolute beast.
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't Eclipse be seen in the lite as a kind of speed buff exploit for a DK?

all of these long pre spell times add up.

But hey we are supposed to anticipate what another human player is supposed to do right?
    That means we should be able to Anticipate what 10-20-30 other players are going to do as well.

Humans are anything but "Predictable"
    I seen that in my job for 24 years just when you thought you saw it all Boom! Mind Blown..

Never make something Idiot proof.. Why Because you are setting the challenge up for someone to become a better idiot.

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This thread is mostly about highlighting long standing Templar bugs and underperforming abilities in one place, like the focused charge global cooldown, which is significantly worse than the occasional animation bug that critcal rush gets. It isn't about saying that Templar are incapable of being successful.....

Judging by your presence in just about every single Templar thread on the front page, I am assuming that you are the latest DK that has decided to wage a forum war against Templar?
    Edited by timidobserver on May 23, 2015 6:38PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Timidobserver

you won the internet for a day
  • Estelee
    Estelee
    ✭✭
    Just here again for my daily post to keep this thread up.

Make repentance scale off stamina

I am still blown away someone thought. "Let's make a skill that returns stamina off of dead bodies, and make it scale off magicka."
    Peace to you Friends.
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭

This thread is mostly about highlighting long standing Templar bugs and underperforming abilities in one place, like the focused charge global cooldown, which is significantly worse than the occasional animation bug that critcal rush gets. It isn't about saying that Templar are incapable of being successful.....

Judging by your presence in just about every single Templar thread on the front page, I am assuming that you are the latest DK that has decided to wage a forum war against Templar?

Yes, on all of the threads, all 2 of them. Again, I ask a serious question and don't get an answer. Sorry that I interrupted your mutual pity party. I'll leave you alone.
    Edited by jkemmery on May 23, 2015 8:53PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quit whining. Templar is BY FAR the most OP class in the game right now. Every other class got nerfed to crap, you got all kinds of buffs and you're still whining about it! Give me a freaking break!

What game is this guy playing?
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Estelee yes I second that Repentance scaling off of stamina moving that away from Magic. So simple it is common sense.

Common Sense so rare its a freaking super power...

I am going to fire up the alt Templar/supply mule today and replicate some bugs or the effects caused by the bugs. I will record them. and link the results.

A couple of key ones that ZOS wanted to see was interruptions on long animations and puncturing strikes group cc.

Puncturing Strikes grants a CC immunity to every target it hits, regardless if they are hit by the knockback.

We looked into this, and found that the only player who gains CC immunity is the closest person who gets hit by the knockback. If you’re seeing otherwise, please pass along some additional information (exact repro steps, videos, etc.)

Templar instant casts with long animations can be interrupted.

If you’re seeing this particular issue, we’d like some additional information so we can investigate.

I am going to do this soon. As soon as I'm done with a few things around the house.About an hour or so from now..
  • Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother
    ✭✭✭✭

The vast majority of us posting in this topics are successful Templars, despite being gimped by our class abilities. I know I don't slot but two or three Templar abilities due most of them being overshadowed by better, more reliable, weapon, guild or alliance war alternatives. We are looking into improving our class abilities and making them viable for daily use.

You mentioned Stampede in your post. That skill used to be as bugged as Toppling Charge is now. It was fixed in August? of last year. Why is it taking an additional 10 months for ZOS to fix our charge, our gap closer? TC even offers additional utility than Stampede with its stun and interrupt; it would be more desirable to use if it was working correctly.

The sad thing is, for every one of our skills, there is a better alternative that is no where near as buggy. Which raises the point - why be a Templar at all?
    Edited by Animal_Mother on May 23, 2015 11:25PM
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puncturing Strikes grants a CC immunity to every target it hits, regardless if they are hit by the knockback.
    Templar instant casts with long animations can be interrupted.
    I'm also looking forward to see any confirmation on these issues. They never happened to me before.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭

The vast majority of us posting in this topics <b>are</b> successful Templars, despite being gimped by our class abilities. I know I don't slot but two or three Templar abilities due most of them being overshadowed by better, more reliable, weapon, guild or alliance war alternatives. We are looking into improving our class abilities and making them viable for daily use.

You mentioned Stampede in your post. That skill used to be as bugged as Toppling Charge is now. It was fixed in August? of last year. Why is it taking an additional 10 months for ZOS to fix our charge, our gap closer? TC even offers additional utility than Stampede with its stun and interrupt; it would be more desirable to use if it was working correctly.

The sad thing is, for every one of our skills, there is a better alternative that is no where near as buggy. Which raises the point - why be a Templar at all?

Yeah, to be honest, I use more weapon abilities than DK abilities in PvP. The only one's I use are Greed Dragon Blood and Reflective Scales. Other than the ultimates.

But, look, I'm not going to post on this thread due to the animosity I've stirred up. If you want to message me, that's fine. I've ticked off way too many people on this thread.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The vast majority of us posting in this topics <b>are</b> successful Templars, despite being gimped by our class abilities. I know I don't slot but two or three Templar abilities due most of them being overshadowed by better, more reliable, weapon, guild or alliance war alternatives. We are looking into improving our class abilities and making them viable for daily use.

Yeah, to be honest, I use more weapon abilities than DK abilities in PvP. The only one's I use are Greed Dragon Blood and Reflective Scales. Other than the ultimates.

But, look, I'm not going to post on this thread due to the animosity I've stirred up. If you want to message me, that's fine. I've ticked off way too many people on this thread.

Your actually agreeing with people in this thread in a way. You are saying the class seems strong to you when you play in a group and just play a support role essentially having meat shields in front of you while you use radiant destruction from behind. You then seem to admit that you find it hard to 1v1 or 1vX. The people in this thread are saying that like the other classes we should be able to fight 1v1 and not get smacked around as much as we do when we are 1v1 the post by @Fizzlewizzle above is a great summary of it in my book.

The thread is also about problems with skills. You say all classes have bugs with skills but the point is that those bugs should be addressed and that is what this thread is trying to do and some of the Templar skills bugs have been around for a long time. When you compare the number of current Temp bugs and combat design inequalities they far outweigh the other classes. In case you can't see my signature I've got a VR14 Temp, VR14 DK, VR4 NB and a VR1 Sorc and imo Temps are currently the hardest to play 1v1 in Cyrodiil.
    Edited by Curragraigue on May 24, 2015 12:10AM
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Estelee
    Estelee
    ✭✭
    I agree with @Animal_Mother entirely, I am 100% successful templar in both pve and pvp.

The things we are complaining about are broken, stupid, or just entirely useless altogether. Which is completely different from us just being babies with no gear or experience. I have 2438 spell power unbuffed as a templar. my dark flair can crit for 19-22k All endgame and pvp achievements ( save for emp, will get it someday. ) Just last night I got over 200 kills in pvp. This is about broken mechanics and passives and all sorts of stuff.

Such as ::

Last night I put eclipse on a sorc who used crystal shards. Instead of him fagging fragging* himself to death we both died from crystal frags.

Anyway yeah. Fix out broken stuff please. Also what's with balanced warrior?
    Peace to you Friends.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that we have had the thread go off topic for a few pages and had to deal with thread hijackers and trolls, its time to go back to the main points and why this topic has 29 pages and over 700 replies.

Some templar abilities have actual bugs in them. They don't preform as the tool tip describes.

Examples:
    • Breath of Life is supposed to be an instant cast ability. It was in 1.5 Then 1.6 introduced a delay that was identified as a bug and slated to be fixed per the development team before it mysteriously was redefined as intended.
    • The GCD after toppling charge that locks you out of using your next ability was defined as a bug by Eric Wrobel during ESO live. It is now being described by ZOS as intended. A pure contradiction. There are also reports that people are still getting an animation lock using toppling charge.

Some templar abilities have obvious design flaws and lockouts that do not exist on similar functioning competitive class and weapon abilities.

Examples:
    • Backlash not letting you do DPS for one full second after you cast it. Imagine if DK's unstable flame DOT had a lockout where you couldn't use lava whip for 1second after. Why have an ability with a limited duration that is intended to soak up damage, not let you do any damage for a whole second while the clock is ticking away. That is a design flaw.
    • Toppling charge under this example is analogous to invasion (from the 1H&S line). Invasion has no noticeable GCD after use and you can use an ability immediately after. Why would toppling charge have one? It's inconsistent design.
    • Breath of Life is an instant cast ability. It should be just as instant as other instant cast abilities. A delay is NOT acceptable just because its a powerful heal. Green Dragon Blood is also a powerful heal. Should it get a delay?
    • I don't even understand how eclipse works (or doesn't anymore) so if someone could explain the issue to me I will add it to this list.

On the topic of Global Cooldowns, they make the game feel unresponsive and your character just sits there like a dope and is prevented from using another ability. This does not occur with Dragonknight abilities. The entire design philosophy in this game was supposed to be no cooldowns. Why are Templars the only class with cooldowns that make the character feel unresponsive?

On the topic of this Bug vs. Feature fiasco. We all realize that ZOS makes balance changes. Blazing shield was nerfed and made more expensive. Healing in PvP was nerfed. Increasing the cost, or lowering the damage/healing power of an ability is an understandable nerf. We may not agree with the change, but it makes sense to balance an ability by changing the cost or output.

It makes absolutely NO SENSE to balance a class by intentionally adding bugs, or frustrating cooldowns that make the abilities feel sluggish or unusable. ZOS if you can't fix the obvious problems or if your team is prevented from fixing them due to other priorities, just tell us. Don't give us a song and dance. We can tell.

There is no one in this thread that really believes these bugs were intended features all the time. Let me leave you all with a quote from Gabe Newell in an interview that was posted on Reddit. Thanks to @Vynist for reminding me of this.
    You have to stop thinking that you're in charge and start thinking that you're having a dance. We used to think we're smart [...] but nobody is smarter than the internet. [...] One of the things we learned pretty early on is 'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet - because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    You can see really old school companies really struggle with that. They think they can still be in control of the message. [...] So yeah, the internet (in aggregate) is scary smart. The sooner people accept that and start to trust that that's the case, the better they're gonna be in interacting with them.

Time to come clean with what really happened ZOS and engage your Templar community.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on May 24, 2015 6:15AM
  • nagarjunna
    nagarjunna
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no one in this thread that really believes these bugs were intended features all the time. Let me leave you all with a quote from Gabe Newell in an interview that was posted on Reddit. Thanks to @Vynist for reminding me of this.
    You have to stop thinking that you're in charge and start thinking that you're having a dance. We used to think we're smart [...] but nobody is smarter than the internet. [...] One of the things we learned pretty early on is 'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet - because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    You can see really old school companies really struggle with that. They think they can still be in control of the message. [...] So yeah, the internet (in aggregate) is scary smart. The sooner people accept that and start to trust that that's the case, the better they're gonna be in interacting with them.

Time to come clean with what really happened ZOS and engage your Templar community.
    Also do remember not to shoot the Messenger. Gina and the others who have been answering us are in a very difficult position and whilst we might get really frustrated with what they are saying there is very little point in shooting them... much as we might like to! :)

Call out stuff that is wrong - sure! Catch her out if you can - totally! Point at all of the inconsistencies the company she works for has been putting out - absolutely! Be rude - No!

And finally, I'd still like to have our bugs fixed, the inconsistencies explained completely, and all the other stuff corrected for all classes and for Templar's most importantly!

@nagarjunna- PC / NA / AD / DC
    Zazarakel - Max CP Magicka Templar
    Tartys - Max CP Stamina Nightblade
    Temelechus - Max CP Magicka Sorcerer
    Assaku - Max CP Stamina DragonKnight
    Truthforge - Sub 50 Stamina Templar
    Yang Wudi Sub 50 Stamina Sorceror [DC]
    Shou Chung Sub 50 Magicka DragonKnight
    Chen Tuan Sun 50 Magicka Nightblade
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bz4tzf.png
    My preliminary bug testing today has had some interesting results. I will post on here in more detail tomorrow after I have a second look. But this is what I am comfortable with putting out.

I have the videos set to private right now on my hitbox account until I can make a more refined product.

I respeced a VR5 mule and armed it with all of the bugged items I am slowly going through each and every one and recording all of the issues.

Here is something I found that is disturbing and it makes me think that ZOS is indeed lying to us concerning toppling charge and a few other things.

First off Toppling charge when used puts a CC on the target this was confirmed by using wrecking blow right after and WB did not knock the target back.

I did this for about an hour then respeced to Explosive charge. Guess what? no CC?. I singled out a target hit it with Explosive charge. Followed by wrecking blow. WB knocked the target back far enough to where I could fire off EC again followed by another WB. followed by another EC. The second WB puts a CC on the target.

So EC-WB-EC-WB-EC- Finisher of your choice.

Now the part where it gets interesting is using the slow speed of the Sun Fire Family to your advantage.

using either VB or RL followed by EC then BJ or PS gives you a very fast kill. By the time that VB or RL hits the target you are launching with EC they both hit the target at the same time. PS seems to finish it off. At no time did EC give a CC .

I an trying to find a way to word the results of biting jabs and puncturing sweep.

If fired between two targets in close proximity they both get the CC off of the first cast. Any subsequent casts in a mob will also give them a CC. SO ZOS needs to address that. If the targets are spread far enough apart then only one gets the cc. But a close packed mob where the hitboxes/killboxes are close to each other then yeah its a mass cc.
    currently having an issue posting a screeshot forgive the multiple edits

Edited by SeptimusDova on May 24, 2015 7:16AM
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bz4tzf.png
    My preliminary bug testing today has had some interesting results. I will post on here in more detail tomorrow after I have a second look. But this is what I am comfortable with putting out.

I have the videos set to private right now on my hitbox account until I can make a more refined product.

I respeced a VR5 mule and armed it with all of the bugged items I am slowly going through each and every one and recording all of the issues.

Here is something I found that is disturbing and it makes me think that ZOS is indeed lying to us concerning toppling charge and a few other things.

First off Toppling charge when used puts a CC on the target this was confirmed by using wrecking blow right after and WB did not knock the target back.

I did this for about an hour then respeced to Explosive charge. Guess what? no CC?. I singled out a target hit it with Explosive charge. Followed by wrecking blow. WB knocked the target back far enough to where I could fire off EC again followed by another WB. followed by another EC. The second WB puts a CC on the target.

So EC-WB-EC-WB-EC- Finisher of your choice.

Now the part where it gets interesting is using the slow speed of the Sun Fire Family to your advantage.

using either VB or RL followed by EC then BJ or PS gives you a very fast kill. By the time that VB or RL hits the target you are launching with EC they both hit the target at the same time. PS seems to finish it off. At no time did EC give a CC .

I an trying to find a way to word the results of biting jabs and puncturing sweep.

If fired between two targets in close proximity they both get the CC off of the first cast. Any subsequent casts in a mob will also give them a CC. SO ZOS needs to address that. If the targets are spread far enough apart then only one gets the cc. But a close packed mob where the hitboxes/killboxes are close to each other then yeah its a mass cc.
    currently having an issue posting a screeshot forgive the multiple edits

If you have some video evidence of biting jabs handing out cc immunity to multiple targets with one channel please post and link Gina into the post because she has said that they have not been able to internally reproduce it.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting results @SeptimusDova. I don't see the significance of the lack of stun on explosive charge. That ability is not supposed to stun an enemy (unless an enemy is casting) and the other morph, toppling, stuns every time.

Are you saying that Explosive Charge actually makes Wrecking Blow NOT grant CC immunity so you can effectively Chain CC them with wrecking blow? I have never heard of an ability that removes CC immunity of the next CC ability but I don't think I understand you correctly.

Do you think you could also get some video of both templar charges into jabs vs Invasion into jabs? I want to see if we can isolate the cooldown and prove its different than invasion.
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curragraigue I will link all of my results in about 8 or 9 hours after I get some rest been at this since yesterday Started May 23rd 0900 in the morning est till just now May 24th 0348 EST. I need to rest. I will put the video up tomorrow its really not that hard to see the results as anyone who can record video can do it. I think it was the manner of the bug reports wording that threw Zenimax off.

I do have the evidence for that Two big fat ogres who look like my Mother in law both got CC'd off of one channel. Kinda like my mother in law taking two seats in the plane. I should not be mean to her. But she used to feed her dog out of my coffee cup. A year later she showed me the pictures of "Pookie" eating out of it. Before she poured my coffee.

• Arezius
    Arezius
    ✭✭✭
    Estelee wrote: »

I am still blown away someone thought. "Let's make a skill that returns stamina off of dead bodies, and make it scale off magicka."

I absolutely understand your last sentence and it does seems really weird, no doubt about that. Now this is also a skill about healing, used by many healers, who happen to use Magicka. I would consider the other morph if it did scaled off stamina.

Since the other morph is now "useless" I think there should be a choice for stamina or magicka. I once tried my templar with a stamina build and of course I used this skill and it's a shame it's not as powerful when full stamina :/

Or maybe make the other morph to use stamina and have a stronger buff for stamina (stronger than Major Endurance).
    Or I don't know, one morph very useful for magicka users around you, and the other for stamina.

Imagine a different morph of repentance giving back health and magicka the same way it gives back health and stamina now... most OP skill in the game :D
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I have already answered jkemmery about those videos, jkemmery is trying to create a false narrative with the videos. Go actually watch them, several things I noticed and already pointed out after which jkemmry decided to consider me ignored because he will not be bothered discussing facts.

1. He lists a video as 1v1 but if you watch carefully you will see it is actually at least 2 v1 with 1 group member going in and out of stealth helping the templar, it is very noticeable as the person has a team icon above his avatar, so it is likely the templar is running with a gank squad and that is what we are really seeing.

2 Another time I LOL watching an enemy who did not bother to break eclipse and just keep casting, healing the Templar and hurting themselves. Let's get real, any player who knows PVP is not going to make that mistake so in that instance we have a questionable PVP player making very dumb mistakes in game-play, hardly a case for an op class when they manage to beat such a player.

The videos actually make the case that a Templar can only win when grouped or when the other player is incredibly weak at PVP.

Edited by Skwor on May 24, 2015 12:21PM
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_LenaicR
    ZOS_LenaicR
    admin
    Hi,

We're closing this thread due to inflammatory behavior. We welcome constructive discussion of the game, whether positive or negative, but as stated in our Code of Conduct we do not allow threads intended solely to flame.

As explained here, the GCD on Focused Charge is included in the game mechanics.

Feel free to create a clear and constructive thread about why you think the Global Cooldown is/isn't interesting/balanced for this spell.
    We appreciate and value your feedback.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | Base de connaissances ESO

SO please tell us why the sword and board version does not need a GCD but the Templar version does? Seriously please tell us that we may understand the need for one to have a GCD and the other not to.

I am confused why we have not been told yet considering the fact it would make the whole issue of the difference go away because then we would understand the need.
    Edited by Skwor on May 24, 2015 2:41PM
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    no-op
    Edited by glak on May 24, 2015 2:45PM
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Kb3lNjEnAI
    600 milliseconds delay, really?
    Edited by tplink3r1 on May 24, 2015 2:30PM
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Estelee wrote: »

Scale off your highest stat*
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.