Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar Skills Bugged/made useless - IGNORED

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As promised, below is an update for some of the issues called out in this thread. Note that we tried to focus on what sounded like potential bugs, and not necessarily all of the ability feedback (though we did pass it along!)

• Puncturing Strikes grants a CC immunity to every target it hits, regardless if they are hit by the knockback.
      • We looked into this, and found that the only player who gains CC immunity is the closest person who gets hit by the knockback. If you’re seeing otherwise, please pass along some additional information (exact repro steps, videos, etc.)
    This happens if the closest target already has CC immunity

// thought about making a vid about it, but i dont think it is needed

Yeah, I have seen what you are talking about. Should only apply to the closest target who is also taking the extra damage, but if that target is CC immune, the next closest gets the KB. Why bother though? Saying "Working as intended" is easier than changing it and we pretty much have to accept passing out free CC immunity if you're going to use jabs anyway.
  • Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother
    ✭✭✭✭
    As promised, below is an update for some of the issues called out in this thread. Note that we tried to focus on what sounded like potential bugs, and not necessarily all of the ability feedback (though we did pass it along!)

• Puncturing Strikes grants a CC immunity to every target it hits, regardless if they are hit by the knockback.
      • We looked into this, and found that the only player who gains CC immunity is the closest person who gets hit by the knockback. If you’re seeing otherwise, please pass along some additional information (exact repro steps, videos, etc.)

I notice yesterday that when Jabs was interrupted, either through opponent bashing or canceling with block, it wouldn't apply the knock back or cc immunity to the mob. My next Jabs could apply the knockback to one mob with cc immunity and give another mob immunity, if present. It didn't happen all the time; not 100% repeatable.

I was also playing with charges, before Jabbing. So charge (set cc immunity), followed by interrupted Jabs (no kb no cc immunity), followed by Jabs again (kb and cc immunity to one mob) could have resulted I what I was seeing (cc immunity to both mobs after the first one wore off).
    Edited by Animal_Mother on May 26, 2015 5:54PM
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I noticed something similar with jabby spears. It is hard to get that bug to repeat. I was playing around with Breath of Lag today. At kitty town And I noticed that it lagged more than usual. Could how it scans and calculates who getz the healz also add more lag to the application process?
    @ Animal_ Mother which charge were you using? I noticed my Puncturing sweeps when Interrupted mid attack by where wolves didn't get a cc then a wrecking blow did after a pause.

What I am going to see next is if Radiant wRectal Destruction can be interrupted mid cast. Or is it wRectal Discharge.. No wait... Radiant deconstruction yeah that thing.

Edited by SeptimusDova on May 26, 2015 11:38PM
  • Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was Explosive Charge. I got kind of inspired after you and Yolokin were discussing it; I haven't used the morph since launch. The mobs I was fighting were common ones around Tava's Blessing in Alik'r.

Later, I captured the stuck in charge animation fighting undead at Pelin Graveyard in Bangkorai. Basically, I charged just before or as I was getting hit by a 2H-wielding skeleton's cone attack. Got stuck in animation until I chugged a potion. I haven't tried to repeat this, yet. Unfortunately, work calls.
  • Darklord_Tiberius
    Darklord_Tiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else noticed that since they "fixed" the range on Radiant destruction; the skill seems to be stutter when trying to activate?

For example: I was fighting a dude, used some skills to get him around 30% health and pop my execute. This player of course healed through it because its not hard to do, so I got him back down to 20% and tried to execute again and my skill would not activate. I just decided to finish him with other abilities because at that point I was annoyed. The player was around 10-15 meters away from me and there was no lag. This happens all the time.

My only two conclusions are either they broke something when they "fixed" the range on it or they added a GCD.

Also, why and the hell does Eclipse give the enemy CC immunity? Take a typical sorc in pvp nowadays. They stack Magika and Spell power, no reason to stack anything else because all their abilities scale the best off of those stats. They dont need health when they can get Hardened ward to pop for 20K+ shield and its a very very cheap insta cast. This along with everything else they do procs their crystal frags proc and combine this with overload attacks and streak; holy ***, how in the world does ZOS think sorc is balanced? lol

As a templar our only real defense against a sorc is Eclipse, but when it can only get put on them once every 5 seconds and they can macro and/or spam 10-20 attacks in that time period that hit for unreal amounts of damage, because remember all they do is stack Magika and spell power, its a bit stupid as ***.

Like one of my guildmates said, "When you are doing PvP in a game and someone has to call out dont chase that guy its not worth it, then what you have here is a broken game"

How and the *** ZOS do you think PvP is balanced and how do you think Sorcs are balanced?
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do remember a delay in Radiant Destruction when the skill was still on the PTS. IIRC, they fixed it after 1.6 went live (I could be wrong about the timing). Could this delay have been reintroduced?

If ZOS follows its now standard pattern, we'll have to post for months before they acknowledge this as a bug; and then a few months later, they'll say that they have looked into it and it is not a bug anymore, but a feature, because Templars are 'just slower... by design' and are supposed to be 'anticipating' when they'll need to do damage to an enemy.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    y77LZf.png
    I shall play with wRectal Discharge today and film the results. Will post on here when finished.

I think we can clip the Excrement Charge animation
    Edited by SeptimusDova on May 27, 2015 7:10PM
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited double post My Bad.
    Edited by SeptimusDova on May 27, 2015 7:10PM
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is getting contemptible.

I was testing power of light, not only does it force a 1 second delay effectively as a GCD before you can cast anything else, basically making the 6 seconds only 5 of useful damage addition but I found out it does not animation cancel.

So it appears whether because of animation delay or GCD Power of light which is listed as an instant cast effectively forces a GCD of ~ 1 second which cannot be animation canceled.

Please if anyone would confirm this independent of me?

Why must the Templar class have so many of what Zen promised would not be in the game, Templars are basically a quicker version of a turn based combat system while the other classes are all live action no cool-downs, that is mindbogglingly absurd.
    Edited by Skwor on May 28, 2015 1:45AM
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Skwor wrote: »
    This is getting contemptible.

I was testing power of light, not only does it force a 1 second delay effectively as a GCD before you can cast anything else, basically making the 6 seconds only 5 of useful damage addition but I found out it does not animation cancel.

So it appears whether because of animation delay or GCD Power of light which is listed as an instant cast effectively forces a GCD of ~ 1 second which cannot be animation canceled.

Please if anyone would confirm this independent of me?

Why must the Templar class have so many of what Zen promised would not be in the game, Templars are basically a quicker version of a turn based combat system while the other classes are all live action no cool-downs, that is mindbogglingly absurd.
    I am able to animation cancel Purifying Light just fine.
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just on Power of the Light or the other morph Purifying Light as well?
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It was Power of Light and what I noticed is that no matter how much I tried to animation cancel I always had to wait about 1 sec before i could cast anything else after triggering Power of Light, I even scripted my mouse to automatically do the animation cancel, verified it worked on BoL but still Power of Light would not allow any cast for about 1 second.
    Edited by Skwor on May 28, 2015 8:31PM
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jkemmery wrote: »
    Quit whining. Templar is BY FAR the most OP class in the game right now. Every other class got nerfed to crap, you got all kinds of buffs and you're still whining about it! Give me a freaking break!

What game is this guy playing?

He's got like a low lvl Templar... literally in the 20's, but he considers himself an expert. Yeah, we know...
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skwor wrote: »

It was Power of Light and what I noticed is that no matter how much I tried to animation cancel I always had to wait about 1 sec before i could cast anything else after triggering Power of Light, I even scripted my mouse to automatically do the animation cancel, verified it worked on BoL but still Power of Light would not allow any cast for about 1 second.

It seems that only certain morphs will have this issue. I noticed the difference in much the came way with tc and ec.
    breath of lag can vary on its application as well.

Radiant DeCalifornication applies a pretty stiff snare to you. and mobility perk does not help.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Any info on templar skills re-do in next huge update if even re-do will be? Plz, give us at least rumors from development, it is already too hard to force myself play eso.
    Edited by Cinbri on May 29, 2015 9:49AM
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to know if there is a Global Cool Down on Power of the Light?
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    David I second that. Selective GCD on selective Morphs equals deliberate targeting and not bugs. Hence the obfuscation and verbal judo run arounds.
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    David I second that. Selective GCD on selective Morphs equals deliberate targeting and not bugs. Hence the obfuscation and verbal judo run arounds.
    They've already admitted to topling charge having a longer GCD than its sibling morph on purpose.
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thus not a bug. And they forgot the Gabe Newell maxim. When they said " Oh it's a bug" and got caught in a lie. And as we pick apart the Templar piece by piece we begin to uncover more of the deceptive web they have weaved.
  • Father
    Father
    ✭✭✭
    Toppling charge still bugs for me from time to time, its a shame such a cool looking skill has so many issues :<
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am waiting for an armor set to reflect my eclipse back at me and then get permalocked into the bubble for the remainder of the toons life."Templar in a bubble" ZOS's version of ship in a bottle
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_ArtG wrote: »
    Hi, all.
    We have had to remove multiple comments from this thread that were violating the Code of Conduct. We do not allow for rude, insulting, baiting and trolling. We would like to keep this thread active as we encourage lively discussions as well as this thread has helped us locate certain issues with Templars that we have plans on updating in the near future but keep in mind our Code of Conduct when posting. Thank you for understanding.

*Missed note* Please do not dissuade others opinions but simply debate them. This will provide much needed constructive criticism and may help others see the certain flaws that is mentioned within this thread.

Issues?

What issues?

Why call them issues if they are working as intended?

Certain flaws?

Eso has certain flaws that are working as intended?

What's next? Why is an update in the near future needed if there is nothing wrong?

Stop blowing smoke and fix this stuff. Wouldn't it be better to do now rather than latter and have obvious"issues" with "flaws" "working as intended " invading the reviews of the console version.

• Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was Explosive Charge. I got kind of inspired after you and Yolokin were discussing it; I haven't used the morph since launch. The mobs I was fighting were common ones around Tava's Blessing in Alik'r.

Later, I captured the stuck in charge animation fighting undead at Pelin Graveyard in Bangkorai. Basically, I charged just before or as I was getting hit by a 2H-wielding skeleton's cone attack. Got stuck in animation until I chugged a potion. I haven't tried to repeat this, yet. Unfortunately, work calls.

Finally got around to trying to replicate my charge animation lock - didn't quite succeed, but saw lots of glitches. Posted it in skill forum since charges affect everyone.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/172809/templar-fun-with-charges?new=1
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars are fun and challenging to play. I would say, solo magicka templar is the most challenging class/type to play solo or in a small man. You can reduce your IRL nerve/stress levels after some time playing it since all kinds of various bugs and stuff just dont bother you anymore. Eclipse bugging on nearly everything you cast, especially if you cast it on another templar/DK; constant stucks in TC; jabs giving CC immunity (for a 0.5 second knockback, *thinks about all the CC all other classes have*) to people who don't have CC immunity - no matter if the target receiving it is closest or not; Working as intended "semi-instant" spells and GCDs; and 5-15 second travel time damaging projectiles that can be avoided by anyone that has atleast 1 brain cell working and is not afk for more than 10 seconds. And thats all fine, makes the class really challenging to play, i imagine how bad all these DKs/NBs/Sorcs feel when they get pwned 1v1 or even 1vx by a random Nobody magicka templar. Huehue!

Raise your lazor beams, Templars!
    Edited by Mr_Nobody on June 1, 2015 9:08AM
    ~ @Niekas ~

• NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh, buried in a different section now. At least we know they saw it.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh lol
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing for Templars this patch, though of course that is to be expected as the console launch is imminent.

However, I think we should keep voicing our concerns in the hopes that the next major update-- which may be coming soon-- addresses some of the concerns we have with the Templar class.

Personally, I think it is reasonable to ask that the CC be removed from Jabs or changed to a snare or root, and that ZOS do what it said it would do in two respects:

1. Remove the Global Cool Down from charge.
    2. Fix the animation delay with Breath of Life (the developers may be 'fine' with requiring Templars to anticipate damage, but Templars themselves are not... especially since the devs initially said this would be fixed).

VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother
    ✭✭✭✭
    They need to remove the GCD from all our skills. I was pretending I was Zeus in Cyrodiil last night by throwing javelins everywhere and experienced much more delay than I would have spamming Venom Arrow. Switching from Zeus to Hawkeye from now on.

• nagarjunna
    nagarjunna
    ✭✭✭✭
    So another patch day goes by and another opportunity to fix things...

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/172920/patch-notes-v2-0-10#latest

Wasted.

Shame, really.
    @nagarjunna- PC / NA / AD / DC
    Zazarakel - Max CP Magicka Templar
    Tartys - Max CP Stamina Nightblade
    Temelechus - Max CP Magicka Sorcerer
    Assaku - Max CP Stamina DragonKnight
    Truthforge - Sub 50 Stamina Templar
    Yang Wudi Sub 50 Stamina Sorceror [DC]
    Shou Chung Sub 50 Magicka DragonKnight
    Chen Tuan Sun 50 Magicka Nightblade
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm more irritated by the number of the patch rather than the content (didn't have high hopes for the Templar anyway).
    Patch 2.0.10, it should be patch 2.1.0. We already had a Patch 2.0.1. :s

@ZOS needs to learn basic Maths.
    (It really bugs me... more than the content of the patch)
    Mending-The-Wounded, Aldmeri Dominion, Templar.