The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Templar Skills Bugged/made useless - IGNORED

• Estelee
    Estelee
    ✭✭
    Since Focused//Channeled Rune//Focus no longer affects other players, why not change it from a glyph on the ground to just a normal self buff and drop the duration from 22 seconds to like 12? I already use it as such. and just refresh every eight seconds. Small change, actually not broken, just trying to keep up a stream of ideas to help improve class.

Healing Ultimate :: Both morphs are slightly terribad. Even in PvE Replenishing Barrier is a far better ultimate as its instant, and gives time to res//resposition or whatever is needed in addition to a full heal. Oh yeah, it also gives 5/10% passive magicka regeneration from support skill line passives. I would say barrier is a solid three times better than Rite of Passage and it's morphs.

Can we have it just be a low cost, aoe blast of healing for something like 15-20k at endgame healing setups? It has to be better than barrier to even warrant slotting.

Last suggestion is that Radiant War//Blazing Shield scale off something better than health at the moment it is only useful in pve for aoe DPS... because its so small.... that it breaks so quickly.... if it had a higher scaling ratio, or scaled off your highest stat I feel it would bring it back into full usefullness
    Edited by Estelee on June 1, 2015 7:15PM
    Peace to you Friends.
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Restoring Aura: Add the Major Mending buff to this skill.
    With the huge drop of Regen since 1.6, this skill has become close to useless (there are quite a few skills or items that give 20% Health and/ or Magicka Regen (like pots)). Adding the Major Mending buff to it would make it very useful to have for a healer/ group.
    Mending-The-Wounded, Aldmeri Dominion, Templar.
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    But they gave templars the Jesus beam; so it evens out right?

My templar is too low to have this skill yet, I am looking forward to my first "Beam me up Scotty" experience.

Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    But they gave templars the Jesus beam; so it evens out right?

My templar is too low to have this skill yet, I am looking forward to my first "Beam me up Scotty" experience.
    You will be disappointed...
    I was, with all the fuss i heard about it and having the actual experience.
  • likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭
    I'm more irritated by the number of the patch rather than the content (didn't have high hopes for the Templar anyway).
    Patch 2.0.10, it should be patch 2.1.0. We already had a Patch 2.0.1. :s

@ZOS needs to learn basic Maths.
    (It really bugs me... more than the content of the patch)

I know this isn't a Templar thing, but actually 2.0.10 is correct. It would be read "two dot zero dot ten", meaning the 10th patch release. 2.1, or "two dot one", meaning the first "dot release", would normally be reserved for more major changes, but not major enough to need a version change.

Sorry, I actually love your comments @Fizzlewizzle . How they do version numbers is how my team does them, so I thought I'd comment. Carry on being awesome :smile:
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Estelee wrote: »
    Since Focused//Channeled Rune//Focus no longer affects other players, why not change it from a glyph on the ground to just a normal self buff and drop the duration from 22 seconds to like 12? I already use it as such. and just refresh every eight seconds. Small change, actually not broken, just trying to keep up a stream of ideas to help improve class.

Healing Ultimate :: Both morphs are slightly terribad. Even in PvE Replenishing Barrier is a far better ultimate as its instant, and gives time to res//resposition or whatever is needed in addition to a full heal. Oh yeah, it also gives 5/10% passive magicka regeneration from support skill line passives. I would say barrier is a solid three times better than Rite of Passage and it's morphs.

Can we have it just be a low cost, aoe blast of healing for something like 15-20k at endgame healing setups? It has to be better than barrier to even warrant slotting.

Last suggestion is that Radiant War//Blazing Shield scale off something better than health at the moment it is only useful in pve for aoe DPS... because its so small.... that it breaks so quickly.... if it had a higher scaling ratio, or scaled off your highest stat I feel it would bring it back into full usefullness
    I like your suggestion for the healing Ulti, Though i wonder what decent morphs would be. Currently one increases the time while the other uses the active time t apply a secondary buff. With an instant cast you don't have a use for an of the two current morphs.

I'd say that 50-75 ultimate for the base skill would be a decent cost, and the healing power could be around 1.5 - 2 times the healing you get from Healing Ritual, but instant cast.
    For 1 morph the Shooting Star effect (mages guild ulti morph) would be cool. Gain 1/2/3/4 ultimate for each player you heal with this skill.
    For a second morph i have no ideas.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    likewow777 wrote: »

Don't buff us. Don't nerf us. Just fix us.

Be careful what you wish for :)

WTAR%20LOGO.jpg
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although this has surely been covered, I would like to add my two cents.

I really dislike how BoL works now. I know they at first said they would fix it, then decided not to.. But this really is a PITA. I have played ESO a long time, and do know mostly what I am doing.. But am by no means an overly skilled player. Anticipating damage is not always easy. When you tend to run dungeons with different people often, as well switch up the dungeons and do not always do the same one, you may have a hard time. I do not remember every boss mechanic, nor have I caught on to the subtle hints ZOS gives us. Its tough. Someone have a bit low health? Done for. Channeling am ability you thought you had time for before the big attack? Timed it wrong? Done for. Maybe it is a L2P issue, but I really don't think I'm that bad of a player. As for the lockouts.. Or "global cool downs" as we now call them.. Also not cool. The game has always said they don't have cool downs.. But we do. I have always loved my Templar the most, I do enjoy the types of skills they have, to me they are very interesting, but changing things on us that we think are bugs then saying they are intended bums us out a bit. I ask that you rethink these now WAI changes and try to meet us in the middle somewhere.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1329015478_23753d1216512869-official-oklahoma-forum-chattin-thread-rip-thread.jpg
  • likewow777
    likewow777
    ✭✭✭
    Good game, guys. We tried, and that's the important thing (probably).
    "War doesn't build character, it reveals it."
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    August or September ? Or February 30th? when we see fixes for bugs, gcd and so forth. At least the cool down does not affect me training my riding skills and logging out.
  • Estelee
    Estelee
    ✭✭

I like your suggestion for the healing Ulti, Though i wonder what decent morphs would be. Currently one increases the time while the other uses the active time t apply a secondary buff. With an instant cast you don't have a use for an of the two current morphs.

I'd say that 50-75 ultimate for the base skill would be a decent cost, and the healing power could be around 1.5 - 2 times the healing you get from Healing Ritual, but instant cast.
    For 1 morph the Shooting Star effect (mages guild ulti morph) would be cool. Gain 1/2/3/4 ultimate for each player you heal with this skill.

I think that the ultimate cost as is, is fine, I do like the idea of a ultimate return though, and the other morph can be an added buff to armour or a small heal over time effect after initial effect.
    Peace to you Friends.
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is rather hard to see why the dedicated healer in the game gets the GCD and casting delay looking at you Breath of Lag.Not even trying to wrap my head around it anymore. Just be glad in the R/L us EMT's and SAR's do not have that lag.
  • Kaliki
    Kaliki
    ✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Anticipating damage is not always easy. When you tend to run dungeons with different people often, as well switch up the dungeons and do not always do the same one, you may have a hard time. I do not remember every boss mechanic, nor have I caught on to the subtle hints ZOS gives us. Its tough. Someone have a bit low health? Done for. Channeling am ability you thought you had time for before the big attack? Timed it wrong? Done for.

I fully agree with you.
    I'd even say that most damage cannot be anticipated in this game, and even if you know when damage comes, one well-timed burst heal isn't going to do anything. Most boss phases require many little but continuous heal ticks to avoid any target getting too low on health. If a target gets no heal for 2 seconds they are very likely to die.

This is why large burst heals are of little use in the current state of the game.

Also, many boss mechanics make you unable to cast a spell before they hit:
    • Manitcora stomp/spears: have to block before it hits, otherwise you're dead, ergo Healing Ritual is useless
    • DSA veteran, end boss: pulls you towards him in the last phase before doing big damage - cannot precast Healing Ritual, and sure as heck don't want to try if the time is enough to start casting it after the pull when I can just use Grand Healing.
    • Dozens of ground AOEs e.g. liquid lightning: you have to move out of it fast, so you cannot afford to cast, besides you cannot tell where and when it will hit, so no anticipating here.

I guess I rather have to ask: what situations is Healing Ritual intended for? What is this damage that can be anticipated that ZOS designers are thinking of?
    Edited by Kaliki on June 3, 2015 12:07PM
    - Templars: Slower by Design® -
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭

Healing Ultimate :: Both morphs are slightly terribad. Even in PvE Replenishing Barrier is a far better ultimate as its instant, and gives time to res//reposition or whatever is needed in addition to a full heal. Oh yeah, it also gives 5/10% passive magicka regeneration from support skill line passives. I would say barrier is a solid three times better than Rite of Passage and it's morphs.

Last suggestion is that Radiant War//Blazing Shield scale off something better than health at the moment it is only useful in pve for aoe DPS... because its so small.... that it breaks so quickly.... if it had a higher scaling ratio, or scaled off your highest stat I feel it would bring it back into full usefulness

I think that the ultimate cost as is, is fine, I do like the idea of a ultimate return though, and the other morph can be an added buff to armour or a small heal over time effect after initial effect.
    Although i have to admit that 125 (base) ultimate cost isn't that much, but for the type of heal (single hit birst), as well as the numbers you suggested (15-20K with endgame healer set-up) it is very expensive.

I think that, for the cost you suggested, the Healing Ultimate should at least be able to heal the same amount as Healing Ritual is capable off, but without the casting time.
    1z54uiw.png
    6sxwte.png
    Numbers i can get with healing Ritual, in white gear as a level VR12... without getting serious.

Of course the healing done to others is lower, as healing Ritual has a 30% bonus for the caster him/her self... but if that bonus would also apply to others (or generally, the whole heal heals 30% more than the base heal of Healing Ritual), then i would support it as a Burst Ultimate skill, even if the skill stayed at its old cost (125 Ultimate).

Edited by Fizzlewizzle on June 3, 2015 3:00PM
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the huge drop of Regen since 1.6, this skill has become close to useless (there are quite a few skills or items that give 20% Health and/ or Magicka Regen (like pots)). Adding the Major Mending buff to it would make it very useful to have for a healer/ group.

Restoring Aura is just a trap now for people who don't know they can get a better buff from potions that doesn't stack with Restoring Aura.

It would be comical if it weren't for the fact that the developers actually spent some effort and actually thought they were fixing Templars in 1.6. They failed to listen to the community, however, and ended up just breaking skills that worked and creating more dead skills.

The lesson of course is: listen to what your players are telling you. Unfortunately, this thread is proof that they are still refusing to do that.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    After what they did with Jabs, Aura and Rushed Ceremony, do you guyz really believe that they understand how to fix templars :disappointed: Thx Dagoth Ur i have Witcher 3 to play.
    Edited by Cinbri on June 4, 2015 3:57PM
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Small mistake with the suggestion in post #933 (wow, so many already).

Add Major Vitality to the Restoring Aura skill rather than Major Mending.
    (Major Vitality = Healing Received. Major Mending = Healing Done)

Major Mending would be a good buff for a skill like Restoring Focus, as you would have to stay in the same spot as a healer.
    (The 8% healing recieved you get now is pretty stupid. "ow, you're almost dying... well, stand in this 1 by 1 rune so you can get healed a bit more. Don't get off it though, else you won't get the bonus anymore".)

Having a healer stand on a 1 by 1 area (somewhere in the back) isn't as much as a problem as forcing a DD or Tank to stand on it (in the middle of a fight).

• SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    David they listened to the wrong people when they reworked the templop maybe. So much deliberate recoding of key skills.
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    David they listened to the wrong people when they reworked the templop maybe. So much deliberate recoding of key skills.
    Even the guilds meeting last year had guild reps telling ZOS these were bad ideas. ZOS went off and did their own thing.
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Console is in what 5 days? Lets hope that the Console crowd does not have to contend with the same issues. Well they wont for a while until they reach vet status. For if they do it will be ugly more so than it is now. How could zos have such a disconnect? I cant fathom that phrase. We're ok with the fact... If my mechanic is ok with the fact that he broke something on my car the judge will feel differently. Zos better listen to the customers. the Steam negative review count will go past 696 negative soon if console gets burnt.
  • Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother
    ✭✭✭✭

Major Mending would be a good buff for a skill like Restoring Focus, as you would have to stay in the same spot as a healer.
    (The 8% healing recieved you get now is pretty stupid. "ow, you're almost dying... well, stand in this 1 by 1 rune so you can get healed a bit more. Don't get off it though, else you won't get the bonus anymore".)

Having a healer stand on a 1 by 1 area (somewhere in the back) isn't as much as a problem as forcing a DD or Tank to stand on it (in the middle of a fight).

With the Focused Mending passive, we already receive a 30% bonus to healing for all Light abilities (except Repentance) inside the focus. Adding Major Mending as another passive might be overkillheal. But then with Major Mending, I could see my Healing Ritual healing me for a 98% bonus - and that would really upset NBs.
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭

With the Focused Mending passive, we already receive a 30% bonus to healing for all Light abilities (except Repentance) inside the focus. Adding Major Mending as another passive might be overkillheal. But then with Major Mending, I could see my Healing Ritual healing me for a 98% bonus - and that would really upset NBs.

If they reduce the cast time of Healing Ritual to 1 second but reduce the amount of healing from it by 4, then your 98% bonus would be 0. Sounds fair to NBs?
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭

Restoring Aura is just a trap now for people who don't know they can get a better buff from potions that doesn't stack with Restoring Aura.

It would be comical if it weren't for the fact that the developers actually spent some effort and actually thought they were fixing Templars in 1.6. They failed to listen to the community, however, and ended up just breaking skills that worked and creating more dead skills.

The lesson of course is: listen to what your players are telling you. Unfortunately, this thread is proof that they are still refusing to do that.

Yep, they close all threads remotely related to anything in this thread so that they no which thread to ignore.
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aint that the truth along with nerfing posts with no explanation. not even to the poster.
  • Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother
    ✭✭✭✭
    glak wrote: »

If they reduce the cast time of Healing Ritual to 1 second but reduce the amount of healing from it by 4, then your 98% bonus would be 0. Sounds fair to NBs?

Those ***

I want my 98% bonus. Screw NBs you give them Fear and then they travel in packs hitting you relentlessly with it. Now they take away my healing bonus. It's not like they can easily best my Templar in a fair fight, but they have to take away any hope I have of out healing their damage.

Thank god for DK Vampires. If it wasn't for them, I would kill anything in Cyrodiil.
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait a DK ....Vampire??/ must be a typo for a second I thought you meant a DK Vampire. Like a fire breathing Lava whip spank you with it because your naughty Vampire. Dont those builds spontaneously combust?
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭

Since restoration staff is overall "superior" to Templar healing (i think i tasted vomit while writing that) you don't get that 30% bonus from the Focus mending passive.
    Also, if a NB (or any class for that matter) gets upset by you using a healing spell with a (close to) 2 second casting time, then they seriously need to learn to play the game.
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in two seconds a niteliteblade can stealth gank one person and be starting on another. Make it so Templar skills cannot heal nitelite blades ever.ever..ever..ever...

And every time we cast a heal it takes one gold from their account
  • Fizzlewizzle
    Fizzlewizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two other skills for which i have a (few) suggestion(s).

Honor the Dead:
    Option 1:
    Make Honor the dead a stronger version of Regeneration (Restoration staff).
    Regeneration, like Breath of Life, heals up to 3 targets. Since Honor the Dead is a bit over twice as expensive as Regeneration it would be appropriate that it would heal twice as much.

Option 2:
    Same as above, but only with 1 beam, like Rushed Ceremony had.
    Like the one above the cost of Rushed ceremony is higher than Regeneration, but also has less beams (1, instead of 3).
    So, meeting halfway, i'd say the healing with this skill should be around 4 times as high as with Regeneration.

Lingering Ritual:
    For Lingering Ritual a sort of the same style conversion of the skill as with Honor the dead.
    Turn Lingering Ritual into a NON-TARGETABLE version of Healing Springs.
    Lingering Ritual is about 8% more expensive than Healing Springs, which should follow through in its healing (and regen) effect.
    Since the healing Ritual will be based on the position of the user (like its core skill) i would suggest keeping the 30% extra healing for the user itself.