Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So my subscription has 2 weeks left. Last plea for a better ESO+.

• sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently canceled my sub, Im done paying for nothing happening besides shoveling crown store junk down our throats.....Im still playing just not paying
    Edited by sirston on April 21, 2015 4:20AM
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Uh this is a touchy subject cause they can't exactly make to much of a change to make it "better" with out the ones who don't sub scream P2W or stuff like that.
  • pugyourself
    pugyourself
    ✭✭✭✭
    Uh this is a touchy subject cause they can't exactly make to much of a change to make it "better" with out the ones who don't sub scream P2W or stuff like that.

An easy bone to throw subs would be to provide an opt-out for cross-screen marketing messages.
  • Raash
    Raash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    I bought the 6 month subscription twice and now I have 2 weeks left and I still want to subscribe but I'm having a really hard time justifying it.

The 10% bonuses really don't interest me and it makes more sense to buy the $40 pack of crowns whenever I need 'em.

I made a thread with suggestions a while ago HERE. It had all sorts of suggestions that included mechanics and features that are not yet part of ESO. The ones that I think are vital to a subscription, and are reasonable to ask for, are:
    • Crown Store discount
    • Additional Character slots
    • Priority Queuing in Cyrodiil
    • Greater Character Deletion Limit

I've actually given up the crusade to get DLC as loyalty bonuses but it would still be nice, as would be some of the other suggestions in my thread, such as monthly treasure maps and early access to Crown Store items.

I feel I need to clarify that I would not use the additional Character Slots (I only play 3) I do not regularly delete characters, and I don't play in Cyrodiil (yet?). The $15 a month is negligible to me. These additional benefits would keep me subbed out of principle. It would make me feel like subscribers are getting something for their money. Especially the Crown Store Discount.

If I'm not spending $15 a month on ESO I WILL just spend the $15 a month on another game. I never did play WOW. I've been thinking of trying FFXI again, or maybe FFXIV.

The point is I WANT to pay the subscription, but I just can't justify it with the current ESO+ benefits. If I don't pay ESO's sub... I'll pay another's. If I pay another's, I'm playing THAT game and not ESO. If I'm playing that game, how can I be in Tamriel buying stuff from the Crown Store.

I would still play ESO because I care about Tamriel. I care about the lore. I have grown up with The Elder Scrolls. It's a part of who I am. Those other games are not.

So, with 2 weeks left of my subscription, I again feel the need to plead with ZOS. I want to give you my money... I just don't want it to feel like charity.
    fteDGXc.png?1

You could still play it for free tho? Why is that not an option?
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • pugyourself
    pugyourself
    ✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »

Ha. This song has been in my head today too when reading and hearing about so many people thinking about leaving. It's a bummer.
  • GamerzElite
    GamerzElite
    ✭✭✭
    I bought the 6 month subscription twice and now I have 2 weeks left and I still want to subscribe but I'm having a really hard time justifying it.

The 10% bonuses really don't interest me and it makes more sense to buy the $40 pack of crowns whenever I need 'em.

I made a thread with suggestions a while ago HERE. It had all sorts of suggestions that included mechanics and features that are not yet part of ESO. The ones that I think are vital to a subscription, and are reasonable to ask for, are:
    • Crown Store discount
    • Additional Character slots
    • Priority Queuing in Cyrodiil
    • Greater Character Deletion Limit

I've actually given up the crusade to get DLC as loyalty bonuses but it would still be nice, as would be some of the other suggestions in my thread, such as monthly treasure maps and early access to Crown Store items.

I feel I need to clarify that I would not use the additional Character Slots (I only play 3) I do not regularly delete characters, and I don't play in Cyrodiil (yet?). The $15 a month is negligible to me. These additional benefits would keep me subbed out of principle. It would make me feel like subscribers are getting something for their money. Especially the Crown Store Discount.

If I'm not spending $15 a month on ESO I WILL just spend the $15 a month on another game. I never did play WOW. I've been thinking of trying FFXI again, or maybe FFXIV.

The point is I WANT to pay the subscription, but I just can't justify it with the current ESO+ benefits. If I don't pay ESO's sub... I'll pay another's. If I pay another's, I'm playing THAT game and not ESO. If I'm playing that game, how can I be in Tamriel buying stuff from the Crown Store.

I would still play ESO because I care about Tamriel. I care about the lore. I have grown up with The Elder Scrolls. It's a part of who I am. Those other games are not.

So, with 2 weeks left of my subscription, I again feel the need to plead with ZOS. I want to give you my money... I just don't want it to feel like charity.
    fteDGXc.png?1

My subs expired on 19 March and I never feel anything missing from ESO+ even my 3200 Crowns are still deposited.
    I am having same experience like plus subscriber , Getting same Crash, Lag, Queue. So why should I get PLUS?
    *10% XP boost: No thank you I dont need it (Have crafter Toon and she knows everything)
    *1500 Crowns: Nothing is useful in Crown Store so thank you.
    *DLC: GOD or Zenimax knows when will it coming.
    . . . .., . ., Looking for PVX Guild in EP/DC
    Warden: GEonWAR (DC) Lvl in progress
    Sorcerer: Jaadugar (EP)
    Dragon Knight: Altep (EP) Unknown DK (DC)
    Templer: Tempu (EP) Unklnownwarrior (DC)
    Nightblade: Jaad NB (EP) Unknown nbl (DC)
  • JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you want subscribing to be pay to win?

idk Swtor sub sounds like what you guys want but the features they lock out in Swtor are horrible.
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are loosing money, People always say the only way to hurt a corperation is to hit their wallet. Well, a knife has been stabbed through theirs, and they are bleeding out. Somebody needs to apply pressure, then dress the wound. At this rate, even a transfusion might not save it.
    Edited by bloodenragedb14_ESO on April 21, 2015 8:45AM
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    They do not need your subs anymore guys, crownstore is bring in the cash ;)
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm in the same situation - 2 x 6 month subs now coming to an end. I've unsubbed.

My strategy (!) is to wait until DLC comes out. I'll carry on playing the game for free but when DLC comes out I'll sub for a month, see if I like the content (and whether I've completed it/want to complete it), unsub again and if I want it buy it with crowns. Then I have the DLC forever and can play for free :)

I see no value in subbing at the moment, and with no clear timetable for DLC release (and I suspect none until Christmas) there's just no point in paying. The 10% XP bonus would be nice, but isn't enough to clench the deal if there is no new content.
  • Titansteele
    Titansteele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What galls me over and over again is we are not facing a problem that is difficult to fix.

If I were a community manager and I replied on here to say "We hear you, we get you and your requests are reasonable so we are going to make the following changes within the next 6 weeks" I am sure that would equate to subscriptions being filled which at the end of the day would be key to me being successful in my role.

Come on ZOS, communication! If I was a shareholder in ZOS I would be be screaming the walls down by now.
    Guild Leader of The Twelve Knights, AD PVE, PVP and Trading Guild on the EU Mega Server

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although I feel foolish for doing so, my current plan is to stay subbed until 2 months after console release. Personally, I'm furious that us PC players and supporters are getting the shaft on content AND cosmetics while they exclusively focus on their precious console release. What that means is that IMMEDIATELY after that release they darn well better be FLOODING us with new content, all the wonderful zones they've teased us with, get back on track with spellcrafting, AND start HEAVILY implementing the MANY fine suggestions they now have sitting on the official thread of Crown Store suggestions. They're going to have to hit it and hit it hard to convince me to stay subbed and/or buy their cash shop goodies.

Player Housing anyone???
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woah! Thanks for all the support guys! I totally plan on continuing to play ESO (and post silly ideas on this forum :wink:), with or without a subscription. I've just chosen to not pay more than one game subscription at a time because between the games on PS+, the games I buy, the sub-game and real life obligations my cup overfloweth with things to do.

I would say "Oh, I just won't pay for ESO Plus and I won't pay for any other sub based game", but I know myself better than that. I had planned on being a ESO subscriber for the next decade. I wanted ESO to take my money and my attention. I wanted to willfully and gleefully abandon all other games to spend all my gaming time in ESO... and I still want that, and I hope ESO will become that game!

It's just without that subscription I won't have that "Well, I'm paying for it so I guess I should play it" incentive and if I put that money into another game... I'll have that incentive there.

As most of you understand, I really do want to continue to be a subscriber, but I just can't subscribe for the sake of subscribing. I feel like I'm willfully and knowingly being taken advantage of.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Legedric
    Legedric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What galls me over and over again is we are not facing a problem that is difficult to fix.

If I were a community manager and I replied on here to say "We hear you, we get you and your requests are reasonable so we are going to make the following changes within the next 6 weeks" I am sure that would equate to subscriptions being filled which at the end of the day would be key to me being successful in my role.

Come on ZOS, communication! If I was a shareholder in ZOS I would be be screaming the walls down by now.

Nailed it! ^^
    Legedric the Flamedancer ► - Redguard Dragon Knight
    Legedric the Stormdancer ► - Altmer Sorcerer
    Legedric the Sundancer ► - Altmer Templar

EU | DRUCKWELLE - Retter des Kaiserreiches
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you know @MornaBaine. That was kind of how I was thinking too, but I just can't justify just giving ZOS more money for absolutely zero return. I really think I'm going to sub-hop:

1.Unsubscribe
    2.Subscribe when new DLC content is released.
    3.Play through that content within 1 month.
    4.Unsubscribe after finished with content.
    5.Repeat steps 2-4.

If there's a DLC I really like, I'll but the crown pack to buy it. I too hope there is a torrent of content after console release, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Edited by Gidorick on April 21, 2015 10:54AM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Trikki
    Trikki
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta say I agree with the OP, I'm mostly a PVP'r. I have at least 1 VR of every class (various levels). Here's a few reasons why I'm not giving you any more money ZoS.
    • Lag... (with a 250-350ms Oceanic ping in PVP, knocked off your horse, you then fall off again 3 more times before you can even react. Whenever I get to 30% health, I know I'm already dead coz of lag. Why could GW2 get this right and you couldn't?)
    • Campaign Imbalances (seriously...dynamic pop cap them, buff campaigns??? wtf)
    • Bugs (too long to even list them)
    • The absolute inadequacy of the PVP balancing team (siege damage is ridiculous, non VR14's cannot compete, hybrid builds dead, being killed without being able to react)
    • The absolute inadequacy of the bugfix team (Templar charge bug fixed my ass, STILL same bugged quests for over a year)
    • SLOWING DOWN levelling for Veterans, are you serious???? (killed practically every grind spot in the game, yes some of us enjoy that. Not even just grinding, general mob XP. VR's are already painful enough on 1 char, it takes a certain level of insantiy to complete it on more than 1)
    • Once you hit VR14 and finished Cadwells quests, how the hell are you supposed to get CP's in any reasonable time frame? You can't.

Thank you for posting this OP, you've confirmed my subscription cancellation in 3, 2, 1....
    Edited by Trikki on April 21, 2015 11:18AM
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What makes it worse is Zos wont reply and tell us that they hear our concern. Then to make it worse is that they dont seem to care if people sub or not. They must know that subbing is not worth it atm.

Anyone from zos mind commenting on this thread the op has some dam good points.
    Edited by Heromofo on April 21, 2015 3:22PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The trouble is, I doubt it would turn out like that. Oh sure, a few would then sub but the rest would post some more topics and polls over whether ZOS had done enough, how they weren't going to sub unless there was an auction house or some other demand met, and so it would go on.

While I agree entirely with the OP, I'm happy enough paying the sub until the Summer. Clearly the main thrust of development time is currently going on the console version, and once that has launched I would hope for - and expect - some of the pressing issues to be more urgently addressed, and one of them is certainly providing us with a better incentive to subscribe.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Although I feel foolish for doing so, my current plan is to stay subbed until 2 months after console release. Personally, I'm furious that us PC players and supporters are getting the shaft on content AND cosmetics while they exclusively focus on their precious console release. What that means is that IMMEDIATELY after that release they darn well better be FLOODING us with new content, all the wonderful zones they've teased us with, get back on track with spellcrafting, AND start HEAVILY implementing the MANY fine suggestions they now have sitting on the official thread of Crown Store suggestions. They're going to have to hit it and hit it hard to convince me to stay subbed and/or buy their cash shop goodies.

Player Housing anyone???

I hate to say it but I think you are overly optimistic.

I know we can't believe anything ZoS say, but I tend to believe them when they are negative - in this case it means PC and console updates will be synchronized and that anything that requires rebalancing will be postponed to "let the game breathe".

So I doubt that we'll get new DLC until there is a demand from console players, and as they have a complete new game to play that will take a few months. I suspect we won't get any DLC until later in the year - released with a big fanfare for Christmas upgrades!!

And reindeer mounts in the crown shop :)

Spellcrafting, justice PvP, VR removal, even jewelry crafting - all require rebalancing the game and so are "on hold", which means "maybe never, depending on how the console sales go".

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see all of it, but I think ZoS are happy with the way the crown shop is going (how many mounts have they sold?!) and the forthcoming console release.
  • infraction2008b16_ESO
    infraction2008b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think most of you are confusing the plus service with the mandetory sub this game previously had. The eso plus is simply a premium service, unlike optional subscriptions like some other mmo's that have gone down the f2p/b2p route it's not required to play the game effectively.

The big issue with it though is the fact there is no dlc content yet so people are only seeing the crowns and 10% xp as benefits. What they need to do is get content out of the door, not woefully buff plus or degrade the b2p experience.
    Edited by infraction2008b16_ESO on April 21, 2015 12:29PM
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS wants the original playerbase to leave so that they can focus on Crown Store and Consoles more; why else would they almost be flat out trying to *** players off on a constant basis?

They don't even care about all the sub losses because they'll just be taking more of the game and putting it behind the Crown Store. TESO:TU has no hopeful future - this could have been an amazing game...it's just pathetic how far it fell almost instant when it went B2P.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • eso02193b16_ESO
    eso02193b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    It's just without that subscription I won't have that "Well, I'm paying for it so I guess I should play it" incentive and if I put that money into another game... I'll have that incentive there.

Playing without that incentive is called freedom. :)

Maybe you will play less. But every time you play, you play because you want to (and not because you feel you should to).

• LucyferLightbringer
    LucyferLightbringer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find it silly that anyone would subscribe right now knowing that the cash doesn't even go into content development for us, we won't see any content till some time after console release.
    By paying sub right now you basically fund development of console version of the game, for players with whom we won't even be able to play together. They moved all their focus towards something that should have been done by entirely separate team while the game devs still work on game and content for curent customers.
    There is no way i'm going to pay them a single broken penny for it.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Playing without that incentive is called freedom. :)

Maybe you will play less. But every time you play, you play because you want to (and not because you feel you should to).

That's a beautiful perspective to have. :smile: thank you for that.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Titansteele
    Titansteele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

The trouble is, I doubt it would turn out like that. Oh sure, a few would then sub but the rest would post some more topics and polls over whether ZOS had done enough, how they weren't going to sub unless there was an auction house or some other demand met, and so it would go on.

While I agree entirely with the OP, I'm happy enough paying the sub until the Summer. Clearly the main thrust of development time is currently going on the console version, and once that has launched I would hope for - and expect - some of the pressing issues to be more urgently addressed, and one of them is certainly providing us with a better incentive to subscribe.

Agreed, my suggestion would not appease everyone however what you are aiming for is the area of community management that you will never truly "win" at.
    You can not please everyone, all of the time and that is something community managers need to understand and deal with. What you need to do is chalk up little wins as and when you can do so in order to show the community that you are invested in them and are right there with them.

Putting up a glossy video every so often is the sort of thing that ticks boxes for some things but nothing can beat involvement in their own forums and I am not talking about moderation. I am talking about real adult answers to real adult questions.

For example : "Player Housing is something that has been signed off in principle by our design team, what that means is it is on the development plan but work has not started and we have no date for when work will commence. The next time you will see us update you on this will be the announcement that it is coming to PTS"

Something like that answers the question, sets expectations and closes the door around further questions and what ZOS are willing to spend the time discussing. We have to understand that once ZOS have made a statement on something where that doesn't close the subject for community discussion we shouldn't expect them to invest any more time to discussions until they become relevant to short or medium term workloads for them.

The right community approach and I think the tone of these forums would change dramatically within a few months.
    Guild Leader of The Twelve Knights, AD PVE, PVP and Trading Guild on the EU Mega Server

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you know @MornaBaine. That was kind of how I was thinking too, but I just can't justify just giving ZOS more money for absolutely zero return. I really think I'm going to sub-hop:

1.Unsubscribe
    2.Subscribe when new DLC content is released.
    3.Play through that content within 1 month.
    4.Unsubscribe after finished with content.
    5.Repeat steps 2-4.

If there's a DLC I really like, I'll but the crown pack to buy it. I too hope there is a torrent of content after console release, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Totally get you. Truth be told, my freaking awesome guild is pretty much the only reason I keep playing this game to begin with. It sure isn't anything ZOS is doing for me.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gidorick, I concur 100%.

This is the first month Valen and I have not subbed, we canceled ours last month because of the very reasons you state. And we are just like you, we WANT to sub, have been here since beta and we would continue to throw our money at ZOS if they would just make it worth it to us. Just cant justify it. The only thing I want from the crown store is DLC if it ever comes and character slots, until then we wont be spending money there either.

How sad is it when people want to give you money but you make it practically impossible. A shame.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Aeladiir
    Aeladiir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My subscription is charity.

Helping middle class people who don't give two *** about me. I indeed am a charitable man.