The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So my subscription has 2 weeks left. Last plea for a better ESO+.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would gladly pay the subscription fee if that didn't mean losing the DLCs once I unsubscribed.

I can understand the problem though, what happens if you sub for one month and then unsubscribe? You have essentially paid one months subscription for all the DLC packages.

As it is for me anyway there is NO incentive to subscribe I will only pay for the content that suits my play preferences.

It would be easy to do. 1st dlc becomes owned after 90 days subscription. 2nd after 180 days. 3rd after 270 days.... etc.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    @Gidorick, I hear there are meds to help with the depression stage. :smile:

It really isn't so bad, the moving toward acceptance. But I do see the appeal of bargaining.

Then I would need meds to cope with the fact that a video game drove me to medication! :worried:
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Slurg wrote: »
    @Gidorick, I hear there are meds to help with the depression stage. :smile:

It really isn't so bad, the moving toward acceptance. But I do see the appeal of bargaining.

Then I would need meds to cope with the fact that a video game drove me to medication! :worried:
    Let's look at the bright side then, because I don't want you to feel sad.

At least you're not still stuck in the denial stage like the people who keep asking if we're going to get DLC "soon" after we've been told a zillion times not until console release is over and settled down!
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Sylvyr
    Sylvyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bouvin wrote: »
    Orchish wrote: »
    I only play PvP imagine how i feel for my sub. No content and half the things they sell in the store such as pets are completely useless since you cannot even have them out in Cyrodiil. Now that they have also ended the loyalty program i really do consider my self an idiot for renewing my sub.

Which is why I didn't renew mine.

Been a member since November 2013. Pre-ordered Imperial and Adventurer Pack (which was supposed to be limited time offer but is now in crown store) and have subbed continually since early release.

And.. I just unsubbed. Sick of feeling like an idiot for paying for a 10% XP and Gold Boost to a company that flat out lies to it's players.

"Limited Time Offer" defined by ZoS is, it was offered for a limited time then stopped. Didn't say anything about it not being offered again!
    Badge: Wall-of-Text GRANDMASTER

PvP: Patch Vs. Player

ZoSence (n.):
    1) What is reasonable or comprehensive using ZoS logic. "That makes ZoSense"
    2) Making zero sense. "That makes ZoSense"
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just about a week left, many new threads about the 'value' of ESO+... it's a hot topic for sure!
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've already unsubbed, I only Pvp and since there is only 1 pvp outlet ( zerg V zerg aoe spam ) and even the 1 option has stability issues this game isn't worth a sub, heck it's not even worth buying if I didn't have it already I can't imagine any well informed gamer to actually come play this game.

Even tho they said small scale pvp is not the direction for eso.
    I still hold hope that we will see arenas like in oblivion that supports pve i.e player v monster and pvp player v player.
    Teams of 1,2,3,4 within the lfg system and can choose to setup a ranked arena team. :)
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just unsubbed because they are sitting on new content and butchered Craglorn XP. Craglorn was the newest area and it's now FUBAR. Essentially the game shrank back to size it was a year ago. Hopefully the beta test is now over. I do appreciate the bugfixes, trials, vCoA, redo of all copypasted b-delves and introduction of the champion system. But for end game PC player the game is in hiatus. I'll reconsider subbing when ZOS gets over the console fever and actually releases PC content.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just about a week left, many new threads about the 'value' of ESO+... it's a hot topic for sure!

You'll note one thing though.

Normally where there are multiple threads dealing with the same topic some get locked and we get pointed to the original thread to continue making comments.

But not with this issue.

Why?

Maybe they think a 50+ page thread detailing how Subs are just not worth it would be bad press, especially if it stayed at the top of the forum.

Instead have 15 threads with the topic, and hope people get bored of chasing them all down and contributing and they'll eventually slip off the front page and no one will notice.

IMO with so many threads, with so many good ideas (and some not so good), and so many players clearly wanting to have a real reason to continue subbing ZoS are missing a massive community relations opportunity by not a) Consolidating these threads, b) Stickying it, and c) having ongoing ZoS activity in that thread at higher than Community Mod level.

Players really want to stick with the game, many are happy to continue subbing if they feel that Sub is of value.

Why aren't ZoS actively engaging with this part of the community?

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is the thing that is so bewildering to me @Gandrhulf_Harbard. We are essentially on here waving money at ZOS... saying "just a few more tweaks and we will give you our money!" and ZOS looks at our money, considers what it would take to add some of these features and say. "Eh... it's not worth it"
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is the thing that is so bewildering to me @Gandrhulf_Harbard. We are essentially on here waving money at ZOS... saying "just a few more tweaks and we will give you our money!" and ZOS looks at our money, considers what it would take to add some of these features and say. "Eh... it's not worth it"

Bahahahah laughed my ass off lol its funny because its true.
  • Rynier
    Rynier
    Zos knows that for every guy that complains about something there are 9 others that will pay for the current bonuses. :D So they really are sitting there thinking that changing fora few isnt worth it. I do think that tehy are not clueless and will address the future Eso subscribers. Just dont look back today and regret the fact taht you canned your subscription
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing going to happen until after console release, June 9th, any new features or wishes you may have is not going to happen, they have said it more once, no amount of begging, unsubbing, raging or what ever is not going to change the fact nothing is going to happen until after console release, I don't agree with how they shelved us pc players but it is what it is /sigh
  • Huggernaut
    Huggernaut
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought the 6 month subscription twice and now I have 2 weeks left and I still want to subscribe but I'm having a really hard time justifying it.

The ones that I think are vital to a subscription, and are reasonable to ask for, are:
    • Crown Store discount
    • Additional Character slots
    • Priority Queuing in Cyrodiil
    • Greater Character Deletion Limit

I actually don't have any issues with any of those suggestion, except the cyrodil one. That should never happen.

Maybe a 15%-20% discount in the store on crown items, 2 additional character slots, infinite character deletions (don't even know why there is a limit tbh). All of these are more than fine in my eyes.

I think you could probably get away with asking for a little more, maybe an extra 20 inventory and bank slots might be a nice additional bonus.

I do agree in any case that they need to buff the membership bonus a little bit to make it more attractive, but at the same time, they can't push it too since, this isn't a F2P game, but a B2P one. It's a difficult thing to balance just right. Too little and no one wants to sub, too much and everyone just gets mad at you =)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Minus the implication that they do not care, this is pretty close to what happens.

Whatever decisions they make are the ones that they feel meet the revenue, lore, game play, technical, and philosophical criteria that they have for the game. I won't pretend that none of those change over time, but they do exist.

With regards to subscription benefits, by their actions and what they have said, or not said, they are looking to keep the divide between "members" and "non-members" deliberately slim. They are very up front about what subscriptions get. A number of people have suggested a lot of different ideas for subscription benefits and if they are considering any of them, they are showing no signs of it. My expectation is that they are happy with the narrow divide and want to keep it that way to avoid class issues.

I am currently comfortable with ESO Plus membership. I get 1500 Crowns per month, which makes it a Crowns-of-the-Month club, 10% XP bonus for my leveling, and I don't have to hassle with purchasing DLC. This is worth what I am paying. I will spend more on ESO Plus than individual DLC, but I won't spend money on both, so I consider myself to be a long term ESO Plus member. Once I drop ESO Plus and buy a DLC directly, I will never go back.

I do expect that they will need to add something to ESO Plus in order to attract people who have purchased DLC but do not want to join ESO Plus because it tosses out the money they spent on DLC. Once DLC start rolling out, there is more of an incentive to drop ESO Plus than adopt it.
    drschplatt wrote: »
    The thing that really bothers me is that if I sub for 3 years non-stop, I've paid hundreds of dollars to ZOS but as soon as my sub ends, ALL downloadable content gets reverted to as if I hadn't paid a dime. That is a real kick in the jewels. No loyalty rewards at all.

I don't think that DLC should be earned over time with ESO Plus. People are way too interested in "free" and "rewards" with this game. That feeling of entitlement seems to have no bounds, or relationship to what is already offered. No matter what is offered, someone will ask where the loyalty bonus is. As we have seen, it can never be applied liberally enough, or conservatively enough, and no matter what the final reward is, someone will feel slighted and insulted. They should just stay away from loyalty rewards, and that includes earning DLC with continued subscription.

I think that when "ESO 3.0" comes out, or whatever is the next major milestone like Tamriel Unlimited, purchasing that will get all prior DLC included. My feeling is that they are not living off of DLC and Crown store alone. They will do something to "reboot" the game again and spur box sales. This could be an expansion with new areas, main quests, and some out of control Daedric Lord. By offering all of the prior DLC with the paid expansion, they sweeten the deal and level-set everyone all the while driving sales of the game and expansion.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spam their mail box with "Only two weeks left, only 13 days left, only 12 days left etc.... Messages like they do us and the crownstore, you'd be banned or ignored. We are pretty much already ignored, so, why not ehh...?
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO+ has little value. ZOS is so wary of P2W, they've reduced it to P2P (Pay To... Pay).

If you're subbed now, it's probably because you like the game, wish to support the devs and hope they'll use the money to do something great. Those are my reasons, anyway :)
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought the 6 month subscription twice and now I have 2 weeks left and I still want to subscribe but I'm having a really hard time justifying it.

The 10% bonuses really don't interest me and it makes more sense to buy the $40 pack of crowns whenever I need 'em.

I made a thread with suggestions a while ago HERE. It had all sorts of suggestions that included mechanics and features that are not yet part of ESO. The ones that I think are vital to a subscription, and are reasonable to ask for, are:
    • Crown Store discount

I've actually given up the crusade to get DLC as loyalty bonuses but it would still be nice, as would be some of the other suggestions in my thread, such as monthly treasure maps and early access to Crown Store items.

I feel I need to clarify that I would not use the additional Character Slots (I only play 3) I do not regularly delete characters, and I don't play in Cyrodiil (yet?). The $15 a month is negligible to me. These additional benefits would keep me subbed out of principle. It would make me feel like subscribers are getting something for their money. Especially the Crown Store Discount.

If I'm not spending $15 a month on ESO I WILL just spend the $15 a month on another game. I never did play WOW. I've been thinking of trying FFXI again, or maybe FFXIV.

The point is I WANT to pay the subscription, but I just can't justify it with the current ESO+ benefits. If I don't pay ESO's sub... I'll pay another's. If I pay another's, I'm playing THAT game and not ESO. If I'm playing that game, how can I be in Tamriel buying stuff from the Crown Store.

I would still play ESO because I care about Tamriel. I care about the lore. I have grown up with The Elder Scrolls. It's a part of who I am. Those other games are not.

So, with 2 weeks left of my subscription, I again feel the need to plead with ZOS. I want to give you my money... I just don't want it to feel like charity.
    fteDGXc.png?1

They wont add anything in 2 weeks to keep one person from unsubscribing. But...I am with ya on it. If we have no content announced by May 1st I am cancelling as well. Console means nothing to me, and is not content for me when I play PC. This game has become boring and stagnant because they do not add content like they once promised.
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing going to happen until after console release, June 9th, any new features or wishes you may have is not going to happen, they have said it more once, no amount of begging, unsubbing, raging or what ever is not going to change the fact nothing is going to happen until after console release, I don't agree with how they shelved us pc players but it is what it is /sigh

We a current/ paying or paid for, customers and have expectations that ZoS should act on. Console is one source of revenue, when PC has been the back bone of their funding since launch. Yes, we PC players expect content. Failure to provide will drive paying customers away. Unwise to not please all customers you can. At the VERY least they could give us some new armor styles...
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One easy thing they could do to make people sub would be to do some sort of bulk pricing type billing where the monthly cost goes down the more consecutive months of sub you have (up to a point). So like every consecutive paid month reduces the cost by 1 dollar until your monthly fee is 10 dollars a month instead of 15 and the only way to keep it there is to stay subbed. If you cancel even for a month it resets back to 15 for any future sub time.

Of course, they would also need to start releasing content to make the sub worthwhile but the reduced cost would be a way to add huge value without upsetting any perceived game balance/fairness issues and it would make the other current bonuses like 10% XP/gold etc.. a nice extra bonus instead of being thought of as an insufficient bonus.
    Edited by EQBallzz on April 30, 2015 3:50PM
  • Sylvyr
    Sylvyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you know that after the iPhone got hot, Apple considered dropping their computer division completely.

Even though Macs were making profit (I think it was around 10%), their iPhone division was making 40%+ profits IIRC. They figured if they put all their resources into that it would bring them substantially more profits and gain a much greater foothold in the new market and grab new users. In the end I think they decided to keep the computers because in the long run it's good to diversify, the iPhone craze would not last forever, restarting a computer division in the future would be a pain, and the users would be bitter.

For ZoS, it's probably not worth doing a lot of things, because console release is going to be like their iPhone. We are likely no where near profitable compared to how much they anticipate raking in on the console release. Imbittered PC customers are probably a small segment of what they will be looking at as a new customer base. Not to say they completely don't care, but it seems like what they do is enough to show us they care. But in business it's a practice that minimizes impact with minimal resources. They essentially get more bang for their resources putting a little to keep up from just raising our hands up and saying I'm done which is what would happen if they put none into it.

You know they have to be putting a ton of resources into preparing console servers and client because we are seeing so little fixes for even a lot of small things since 1.6 just the few that are trickling through.

But like you are saying Gid, I've been waiving money at them, partly because I had to because it was a sub model (which I liked don't get me wrong), partly to get crowns at the conversion, and partly to be supportive and hope they use the money to improve the game. But 1 is done, 2 is over, and 3 I'm about done hoping. The benefits from subbing just aren't worth it as well.

The more ZoS shows that we're not worth it, despite their smiles and promises (actions speak louder IMO), so, that's what they get back, reciprocally.

Badge: Wall-of-Text GRANDMASTER

PvP: Patch Vs. Player

ZoSence (n.):
    1) What is reasonable or comprehensive using ZoS logic. "That makes ZoSense"
    2) Making zero sense. "That makes ZoSense"
  • Raash
    Raash
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really dont understand people. Why throw around "I cancel my sub" as some important statement when this game doesnt even have a sub? Im sorry but you are like 6 months or more off. What you are doing is more like throwing a bucket worth of water at the ocean believing it will kill the damn thing.
    Edited by Raash on April 30, 2015 4:27PM
  • desciviib14_ESO
    desciviib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    My sentiment exactly!

I have about a 8 days left on sub and ......I want to support but for what?! I feel like a fool for supporting anymore. Why should I pay for something I could get for free? Yeah, yeah, I know crowns have value and I already have 3200 or so of them sitting so that's a non-issue until something worthwhile comes again. Combine this with the lag in pvp and the freezing/dump to login in pve....I hate to do it but I really suspect I'll end up cutting my sub. I'd be willing to re-up if things change but as they stand now it feels foolish to me. I don't like grinding the upper Vs so I mostly play various alts and I level faster than necessary; in fact I wear only part of my armor and dont craft sets or improve just to drag my feet a bit so the 10% is unneeded at this point in time. I certainly haven't noticed the increase in gold pickup that I read somewhere.
    There is nothing here of interest to any nations; as a matter of fact, there is nothing here but people.
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raash wrote: »
    I really dont understand people. Why throw around "I cancel my sub" as some important statement when this game doesnt even have a sub? Im sorry but you are like 6 months or more off. What you are doing is more like throwing a bucket worth of water at the ocean believing it will kill the damn thing.

Uhhhhh..the game still has a sub...it's just not mandatory. The purpose of the thread is to call attention to the fact that the current benefits from subbing are not worth the cost. Reading comprehension FTW.
  • pretzl
    pretzl
    ✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't agree more with OP...
    I have until june to either cancel or resub, and I'm leaning more towards cancelling it...

I haven't voiced my opinion too publically before, but I wholeheartedly wish for an XP buff that isn't just towards CP. ESO+ members should get a constant CP buff (albeit smaller), and a limited XP buff, in my opinion.
    Add this with a discounted crown-store, early access to new content for the Crown Store, DLCs etc. and you've got yourself a way more viable offer for subscribing.

If ZOS wants subscribers to keep paying for the game, they HAVE to make it viable. Either set up two different teams within your business to focus on both versions of the game (PC and Console) or find a way to focus on them both equally.
    Right now, the PC version is being neglected and you're trying to justify it by giving us new mounts and vanity pets...
    This doesn't keep me subscribing :\
    If it weren't for a fantastic support-member I encountered while trying to set up my forum account, I wouldn't have kept my subscription going this long. That feeling is running out, and there's nothing in the game that's making subscribing viable any more.
    CP | Chronically Capped
    Characters | pretzL (Stamblade) , Brannbil (Stamplar) , Spicy pretzL (mDK) , Campingbil (MagSorc) , Saltkringla (Magplar) , Disco Dan (sDK) , Darth Salty (Mag NB) , Plebsorc (Stamsorc), pretzLeroni (Magplar), Mahoogler (pvp mDK)
    Guilds | HODOR & Who Pulled
    Kindling Power Magicka DK Build
    twitch.tv/pretzlcsgo
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will take this opportunity to say farewell as I do every thread written where someone feels their quitting/un-subbing is important enough for its own thread in the forums.
  • desciviib14_ESO
    desciviib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I will take this opportunity to say farewell as I do every thread written where someone feels their quitting/un-subbing is important enough for its own thread in the forums.

EVERY consumer is important and has the right to voice their dissatisfaction with a product they pay for as well they should as it is their job as a consumer to do so. It is the demand side of 'supply and demand'. We most certainly live in a society with a capitalist market place and the consumer voice and it's accompanying dollar value is the driving force behind innovation and improvement. Besides that, these threads obviously have if not a majority, at least a fair share of like-minded customers sharing the same sentiment. So I would say that not only is the individual entitled to voice their opinion but the thread as a whole is dignified by the fact that it has so many people voicing the same opinions.

There is nothing here of interest to any nations; as a matter of fact, there is nothing here but people.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I made this thread on April 20th @Giles.floydub17_ESO, I did because, as subscriber that truly wants to continue to subscribe, I wanted to know I did everything I could to let ZOS know my thoughts.

I knew I wasn't alone... The number of threads we have all posted about this shows that.

It's not that I'm saying "give me this or I'll quit " it's more "I don't want to quit but I have no reason not to."

Fine line? Sure. But it's a defined line.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well said @desciviib14_ESO... here are some wild guesstimates:

Let's assume there are 3000 people on here and 30 of us aren't subscribing, but would if ESO plus offered more. That's 1% of us. Let's say that percentage applies to a player base of 500,000.

That would mean there are 5000 people who are COMPLETELY willing to subscribe, but won't.

That's $75,000 a month/ $900,000 a year. That's not chump change and I actually suspect my numbers are much lower than reality.

They're leaving money on the table. It's as simple as that.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Lazrael
    Lazrael
    ✭✭✭

The 10% bonuses really don't interest me and it makes more sense to buy the $40 pack of crowns whenever I need 'em.

I made a thread with suggestions a while ago HERE. It had all sorts of suggestions that included mechanics and features that are not yet part of ESO. The ones that I think are vital to a subscription, and are reasonable to ask for, are:
    • Crown Store discount

I've actually given up the crusade to get DLC as loyalty bonuses but it would still be nice, as would be some of the other suggestions in my thread, such as monthly treasure maps and early access to Crown Store items.

I feel I need to clarify that I would not use the additional Character Slots (I only play 3) I do not regularly delete characters, and I don't play in Cyrodiil (yet?). The $15 a month is negligible to me. These additional benefits would keep me subbed out of principle. It would make me feel like subscribers are getting something for their money. Especially the Crown Store Discount.

If I'm not spending $15 a month on ESO I WILL just spend the $15 a month on another game. I never did play WOW. I've been thinking of trying FFXI again, or maybe FFXIV.

The point is I WANT to pay the subscription, but I just can't justify it with the current ESO+ benefits. If I don't pay ESO's sub... I'll pay another's. If I pay another's, I'm playing THAT game and not ESO. If I'm playing that game, how can I be in Tamriel buying stuff from the Crown Store.

I would still play ESO because I care about Tamriel. I care about the lore. I have grown up with The Elder Scrolls. It's a part of who I am. Those other games are not.

So, with 2 weeks left of my subscription, I again feel the need to plead with ZOS. I want to give you my money... I just don't want it to feel like charity.
    fteDGXc.png?1

I definitely understand this feeling. I too want to keep paying for a sub, and supporting ZOS/being part of ESO+ master race. But why? XP and Gold Boost is nice, but I would like something a little more practical. I'm already turned off by the tiny amount of crowns those of us who have subbed since day one received when the payment plan changed, but the lack of benefits while I continue to pay is kinda getting to me. I think there are a ton of good ideas out there. More character slots, more horse training per day, early access to DLC (if it ever comes), discount in crown store, higher crown amount monthly, ect.

I just don't know guys... I just don't know...
    Artists and Theives...
  • Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What world do you guys live in where you feel the need to financially support a multi-million dollar, for-profit company?

If that is indeed the only reason why many people still pay a sub.