Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Screenshot] 50% "Experience Booster" - ZOS, can we get a confirmation or further details?

Lionxoft
Lionxoft
✭✭✭✭✭
Screenshot from the game. Discuss.

KDSseQS.png

ZOS, can we get a confirmation or further details?

Thanks in advance.
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neet-oh!!

Hope it's a rare item.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I said in the other thread where I saw this image: I'm OK with a 10% bonus XP potion, but a 50% bonus seems like way too much to me. Stack it with a Ring of Mara and subscriber bonus and you're looking at a 70% bonus to all of your XP.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neet-oh!!

Hope it's a rare item.
    If by "rare" you mean purchasable in the crown store... They've said that XP boosters would be available in the crown store, but I think we all assumed that they meant ones that gave a 10% boost.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neet-oh!!

Hope it's a rare item.

A ZOS Executive confirmed that they will be purchased via the Crown Store. Originally, the write up stated that they would be available for in-game gold as another option but that guarantee has been removed in the most recent change to the article.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IF available, it WILL be a Crown Store item. People will buy those...
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Dazin93
    Dazin93
    ✭✭✭✭
    Going pay to win is the only way for new players and casual players to keep up and remain competitive in the current system. If they are willing to pay or hardcore/vet players are willing to pay to maintain their advantage, then I say more power to them.
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Neet-oh!!

Hope it's a rare item.
    If by "rare" you mean purchasable in the crown store... They've said that XP boosters would be available in the crown store, but I think we all assumed that they meant ones that gave a 10% boost.

Did not see that in the OP's post about the crown store....

So "Rare" doesn't play a part in this then.
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about NOOO? Geez, this B2P is getting P2W more and more every day :/
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    IF available, it WILL be a Crown Store item. People will buy those...

I guess the discussion would turn to whether or not they should be offered as a Crown Store exclusive? The conversation that stated guaranteed they would be available via in-game gold as well as Crowns has been altered and no longer provides such a guarantee.

XP earns CP which ultimately grants significant power.

Edited by Lionxoft on March 19, 2015 10:45PM
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I ever have even the slightest feeling that ESO has become P2W I will Uninstall it from my system in a heart beat.
  • Govalon
    Govalon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was right all along. Loong ago when people kept saying that pots will be only 10% so it is not pay to win and I knew all along that they won't be only 10%. Who would be stupid enough to believe such a crap. One time use, temporary boost, real life money costing potion will not give same boost as a sub bonus but nooo people would not listen. Just take it from me now on because I know things. 50% was the bare minimun xp pots were going to give. I was hoping for a 100% but 50% is a nice boost too.

February 27:
    Govalon wrote: »
    ZoS is not going to get my money by selling stupid hats. Potions that give more CP? Sure, that ought to get me open my wallet. And xp pots will not give only 10% that is a sub perk. One time use, limited effect time potion will give a whole lot more. Like 50%

Edited by Govalon on March 19, 2015 10:59PM
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I ever have even the slightest feeling that ESO has become P2W I will Uninstall it from my system in a heart beat.

If it's a Crown Store exclusive then I'd be disappointed that not even a week into B2P they already have plans to sell power under the mask of "Convenience". I'm interested on when they will be addressing this and giving more info regarding this item.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dazin93 wrote: »
    Going pay to win is the only way for new players and casual players to keep up and remain competitive in the current system. If they are willing to pay or hardcore/vet players are willing to pay to maintain their advantage, then I say more power to them.

That is a fallacy in and of itself.

Sure, it might help new player A who plays 2 hour a day catch up player B, who plays 3 hours a day (but doesn't purchase boosters), but it sure won't help player A catch player C who plays 12 hours a day and purchases these potions.

In fact, it makes the gap exponentially larger (and it keeps getting worse & worse).

If these get released, it will not only be the end of my time in this game, it will be the end of ESO.
    Edited by DDuke on March 19, 2015 11:01PM
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see it now "I am grinding here, I paid for a exp bonus so go away, I need to make the most of my 120 mins"

or "Sorry I can't help you with an instance, as I have 54 mins still on my exp potion to go"

The instance 1 CP potion will sell better
    Edited by Natjur on March 19, 2015 11:01PM
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

Sure, it might help new player A who plays 2 hour a day catch up player B, who plays 3 hours a day (but doesn't purchase boosters), but it sure won't help player A catch player C who plays 12 hours a day and purchases these potions.

In fact, it makes the gap exponentially larger (and it keeps getting worse & worse).

In regards to catching up and newer players I have a feeling a system will be implemented periodically that allows certain enlightenment for players under Champion Rank (X). That would make sense so the climb doesn't seem too steep for newer players.

Cashing in on exclusive Crown Shop pots would not be the solution to that problem. Let's hope that ZOS can confirm that these "XP Boosters" are available via other means of purchase be it in-game gold etc or that they don't affect xp accrual past lv50. Boosters shouldn't determine the rate of end game progression. That's my opinion but I'm firm in that.
  • Dazin93
    Dazin93
    ✭✭✭✭

If these get released, it will not only be the end of my time in this game, it will be the end of ESO.

But the gap isn't exponentially larger as champion points don't exponentially increase in power. It is a system of diminishing returns.
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But the gap isn't exponentially larger as champion points don't exponentially increase in power. It is a system of diminishing returns.

this is why i adopted a (at least one point any anything i might not want maxxed initally)

that 1% bonus for just one point is really good get, then focus on one specifc bonus if you want...

or if you have several specific bonuses that are in the same tree you want a passive bonus in, just spread evenly between them
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • aisriyth_ESO
    aisriyth_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Easy solution is just make them invalid for champion ranks.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a song for this.... " money money money...."
  • Govalon
    Govalon
    ✭✭✭✭

LOL you think ZoS does not wan't money? The entire reason to sell XP pots will be to get money. If they don't work for champion ranks, they will cut their income by about 99.99999% from this particular item. Sorry to say this to you buddy but it won't happen. Just take it from me because I knew all along that xp pots were going to give ATLEAST 50%. 50% was the bare minimum.
    Edited by Govalon on March 19, 2015 11:16PM
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    If items like this are actually put into the game, for me personally it makes it seem that there is no long term plan for this game by Zenimax.

These items are meant to entice players to Buy things with real money that gets them to end game content faster. But when they get there, unless there is a heck of a lot more end game content....people will bail out from the game and go somewhere else.

This to me, almost seems like a bad idea. Quick profit over sustained income......

But, alas, this is a MMO and they do have their issues.
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have so many alts I'd find something like that to be extremely useful (as when it comes to RP, I must level them so they can wear certain outfits/armor, etc ...)!
    Ebonheart Pact
    All PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 930
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Saryn Duskbringer - Altmer Vampire Sorcerer - Destro and Resto Staves
    Valmion Hlaalu - Dunmer Templar Healer - Resto and Destroy Staves
    Solus Lighthawke - Altmer DK Tank- Sword n' Board and Greatsword
    Stitches-for-Riches - Argonian Templar Healer- Resto
    Ashiran Zahuluu - Dunmer Stam Sorc - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Kivian Nightshade - Altmer Magicka NB - Destro/Resto Staves
    Daggerfall Covenant
    S'rala Sugar Claws - Khajiit Stamina Sorc - Dual Wield and Greatsword

Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • Shehriazad
    Shehriazad
    ✭✭
    I still fail to see how 50% XP potions are pay to win.

Grinding XP faster =/= Turning you into a winner

Sure...if the person spams those pots until he reaches 3600 CP...he will get there faster than a non paying person...but let's be real...you are still looking at hundreds to thousands of hours of playtime, aye?

Not to mention CPs have diminishing returns. The difference between someone with 2400 CP vs someone with 3600 is pretty much 0 in a battle situation.

Since at some point you will have to skill CPs that are useless to you and don't actually make you stronger in battle. So what's the point?

Yes...someone spending a few hundred $ a month will be at the new insane CP cap faster than you...but does he get something youc an't get? No.

Will he be way stronger in battle than you? Hell no.

I'd say after like 1000 CP or so the BATTLE stat difference for ANY given build should be somewhere between 0-1%.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But buying a champion point is convenience for me but others see it as buy to win
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The DR is not steep enough for that to be a proper fallback.
  • DogFaceInBananaPatch
    DogFaceInBananaPatch
    ✭✭✭✭
    crislevin wrote: »
    There is a song for this.... " money money money...."

Wrong song, I think you mean the song with four monies.
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streega wrote: »
    How about NOOO? Geez, this B2P is getting P2W more and more every day :/

What's P2W? They already removed the Magicka, Health and Stamina potions from the Crown Store, because people were crying. Are you going to now try to convince others (and yourself for that matter) that repair kits and soul gems are Pay 2 Win items?

While I agree 50% may be a bit much but if they stick to the original idea that it will be available for not only Crowns but ALSO IN GAME GOLD, then who does it hurt? The people who are broke in game? Their wealth is nobody's problem but their own.
    Edited by WraithAzraiel on March 19, 2015 11:25PM
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If items like this are actually put into the game, for me personally it makes it seem that there is no long term plan for this game by Zenimax.

These items are meant to entice players to Buy things with real money that gets them to end game content faster. But when they get there, unless there is a heck of a lot more end game content....people will bail out from the game and go somewhere else.

This to me, almost seems like a bad idea. Quick profit over sustained income......

But, alas, this is a MMO and they do have their issues.

I don't think that this is only a method to reach end game content faster but rather progress through the end game progression system faster which in my opinion shouldn't be bought.

These "Boosters" would be really nice for leveling up to lv50 even as a paid item because that's really when the game starts. No one does competitive gameplay at lv10,20,30 or even 40.
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might not be pay to win, but it's certainly nickel and diming players, very exploitative.
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • cote-bmsb16_ESO
    cote-bmsb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Damn, 50%? Well, I did spend a lot of time on my first two v14s. I'd probably use it to get my other characters up to speed. Still though, it looks like P2W.