The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Thornblade NA 15 February

Oughash
Oughash
✭✭✭✭
Great fights all afternoon, across the map. Best fun I've had in Cyrodiil in a while. Cheers to everyone who was out on the field. The DC (LoM/LB) team came within inches of crowning emp, even after being blasted for weeks! Just too many yellow at Alessia...

Its proof that the core game and players of ESO are top notch. Lag spiked only a few times since the battles were happening all over. Hope that ZoS was paying attention.

Look for a DC resurgence once 1.6 drops!

Edit: post your screenshots from the day!
Edited by Oughash on February 16, 2015 12:58PM
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had good times.
  • Andreas
    Andreas
    Soul Shriven
    Those were some fun fights! Sorry to say I was one of the yellow defending Alessia. You guys had a great force though, thought we were going to lose it a few times.
  • EskimoBrother
    EskimoBrother
    ✭✭✭
    Yep yesterday was fun, good fights all around.

-Clayton Bigsby
    -EskimoBrother

YogurtSlingerFC

• Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was all fun and games till someone dun messed up and put our recaptured scroll back in Glademist. Kinda went downhill from there. =/
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    It was all fun and games till someone dun messed up and put our recaptured scroll back in Glademist. Kinda went downhill from there. =/

Surely you do not think that scroll would have remained under DC control for more than a hour longer if it had stayed at Rayles. Glade would have fallen and all of EP would have assaulted Rayles a few minutes afterwards. At least you maintained control of both Glademist and Rayles once we retrieved our stolen scroll.
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »

Lag spiked only a few times since the battles were happening all over. Hope that ZoS was paying attention.

I had just posted in another thread that the EP guys that cause 5 fps have been emp farming in Haderus, and that I was wondering how the lag has been in Thornblade since those guys have been in Haderus. Guess that answers that. Pretty crazy how one group can bring the server to its knees.

Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magus wrote: »

Lag spiked only a few times since the battles were happening all over. Hope that ZoS was paying attention.

I had just posted in another thread that the EP guys that cause 5 fps have been emp farming in Haderus, and that I was wondering how the lag has been in Thornblade since those guys have been in Haderus. Guess that answers that. Pretty crazy how one group can bring the server to its knees.

Yup haderus has been a lag mess the last few days since they showed up. I have also been spending less time in pvp.

There no point playing pvp when such lag happens. I'm always off in the distance hearing bats, and such watching my fps plummet even though I'm 60 meters away, I log. Not wasting my time.

Haderus had some good quality pvp going until they showed up along with EG and their zerg fest has ruined the good thing we had going there, oh well least I got a months worth of lag free pvp out of it.

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    +1

You can see a real difference when these people are on .
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »

Surely you do not think that scroll would have remained under DC control for more than a hour longer if it had stayed at Rayles. Glade would have fallen and all of EP would have assaulted Rayles a few minutes afterwards. At least you maintained control of both Glademist and Rayles once we retrieved our stolen scroll.

And I'm sure when I get on tonight the whole map will be red again, and all scrolls will be with EP right? Because you know...different time zones? /rolls eyes, and more population because your forces can't do more with less like we always do? Safety in numbers right? Lets cap it all right before server maintenance to get extra un-defended ticks...Right?Along with ability to LAG ON [snip] que..Right?

Pretty sure we'd be whooping you good if the pops were all equal, because EP can't handle being outnumbered. They only know how to follow the herd..mindlessly.

But it's all good. We'll see how things change in 1.6. We might still be outnumbered, but the quality of most of DC will shine past your zergling/AE spamming tactics. Be careful with that togetherness...it's been the bane of many populations when plague rises up. Much like the anti-zerging skills/abilities ZoS is putting in...kinda makes ya go Hmmmmmm

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on February 16, 2015 10:59PM
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, we crowned Anon emp at around 11 PST, which as far as I know is normal gaming hours :)
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    Well, we crowned Anon emp at around 11 PST, which as far as I know is normal gaming hours :)

Most of DC was gone by 8p EST since it was a work night.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This ^
    And or get up early for work like this one
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That's the thing, though. 11 PST isn't crazy late for people like my guild, who live on the west coast. Not even talking different countries here, just East/West coast it looks like. And for that there will never be a solution, you can't hold it against West Coast people for gaming before midnight.

Regardless, were some very fun fights up until the usual log-off time.
    Edited by Satiar on February 16, 2015 6:13PM
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭

That's the thing, though. 11 PST isn't crazy late for people like my guild, who live on the west coast. Not even talking different countries here, just East/West coast it looks like. And for that there will never be a solution, you can't hold it against West Coast people for gaming before midnight.

Regardless, were some very fun fights up until the usual log-off time.

Agreed, there were great fights all around. It just seems that a good chunk of DC is the "older" crowd on EST. Gotta be up at 5a er'day to get work done.

Regardless, the daycapping/nightcapping issue has been present since launch. Everyone recognizes it, and suggests different solutions. Sliding pop locks have readily apparent downsides, for instance. Since there has been no movement from ZoS for nearly nine months I think it would be beneficial for everyone to be aware of pop levels throughout the day. To promote fair play and prevent campaigns from degenerating into buff servers, perhaps an unwritten code to:
    1. Not take home keeps when the pop delta is 2 bars or more.
    2. Not gate cap, ever.

• LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure we'd be whooping you good if the pops were all equal, because EP can't handle being outnumbered.

Yeah, you whipped us last night while all three factions were pop locked when EP retrieved the scroll from Glademist. I suppose you will overlook that inconvenient truth as it completely destroys the fairy take you are spinning.
  • Hughezy
    Hughezy
    ✭✭✭
    Just out of curiosity, can you block people on the forums?
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hughezy wrote: »

xxCyobQ.png
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Hughezy
    Hughezy
    ✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »

xxCyobQ.png

Thank you, certain EP zerglings who claim they have skill have pissed even me off
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you, certain EP zerglings who claim they have skill have pissed even me off

Don't worry you are giving as good as you are getting.
    Edited by KBKB on February 16, 2015 9:09PM
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol. The excuses continue.
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darnathian wrote: »

Here you go, mate:
    We cannot give specific numbers as to population caps and what each bar means, however here is a graph of Thornblade's (US) recent population which echos the statement above regarding the populations of each Alliance within that campaign:

96b03fe1e7587194c7348f7cdb7829.jpg

• KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here you go, mate:
    We cannot give specific numbers as to population caps and what each bar means, however here is a graph of Thornblade's (US) recent population which echos the statement above regarding the populations of each Alliance within that campaign:

Awesome post let's see EP worm their way out this one.
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KBKB wrote: »

Here you go, mate:

Yep this graph is very clear:
    • EP becomes population locked earlier than both other factions, and exits population lock later than both other factions
    • EP has significant activity levels at times when both other factions do not
    • EP spends greater than 95% of the time with higher population than AD, and 100% of the time with higher population than DC
    • In a few cases EP has had as much as double the population of AD, and frequently doubles the population of DC
    Edited by Tripwyr on February 16, 2015 10:27PM
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here you go, mate:

• EP becomes population locked earlier than both other factions, and exits population lock later than both other factions
    • EP spends greater than 95% of the time with higher population than AD, and 100% of the time with higher population than DC
    • In a few cases EP has had as much as double the population of AD, and frequently doubles the population of DC

Check out the red line post maintenance too... I expect it to be higher pre maintenance tbh!

Not lookin' so skillful now are we EP =P
    Edited by KBKB on February 16, 2015 10:35PM
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Here you go, mate:

Don't worry, EP will deny that AD and DC lack population like they have previously.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭

Here you go, mate:

To add some more:
    1. At peak times, DC cannot really sustain the numbers to match EP/AD. Maybe 1-2hrs, tops.
    2. At off-peak hours, DC has basically nobody on the map.
    3. At off-peak hours, EP has half a lock.
    4. At off peak hours, AD has half a lock.
    5. After maintenance, EP is back to half a lock within an hour or two.
    6. DC population plummets quickly in the evening, peaking at ~8p EST.
    7. EP pop locks >40% of time, every day.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Here you go, mate:

What is there to worm out of here? I don't think anyone from EP denies they are typically the highest pop in Thorn NA. If anything, AD and DC want people to believe their populations are constantly in the valley range and never in the peak range.

• Pancake-Tragedy
    Pancake-Tragedy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here you go, mate:

What is there to worm out of here? I don't think anyone from EP denies they are typically the highest pop in Thorn NA. If anything, AD and DC want people to believe their populations are constantly in the valley range and never in the peak range.

There isn't a point on the graph where DC ever has more population than EP. And when we have equal population, it isn't for very long.
    Pancake Tragedy - Sorcerer
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here you go, mate:

You guys claim a lot of your wins are down to skill, now there is proof from Wheeler that's purely down to numbers, A lot you think this is in AD/DC's heads or it's no where near as bad as it actually is. Refer to Tripwyr's bullet points to see just how out of hand and stupid it has gotten. If you were a semi decent player that enjoyed a challenge you would have rerolled by now. This just highlights the fact how trashy most EP are and the proof is in the pudding, all your back patting, high fives, and leet talk is now worth a whole bucket full of nothing and lols.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Here you go, mate:

You guys claim a lot of your wins are down to skill, now there is proof from Wheeler that's purely down to numbers, A lot you think this is in AD/DC's heads or it's no where near as bad as it actually is. Refer to Tripwyr's bullet points to see just how out of hand and stupid it has gotten. If you were a semi decent player that enjoyed a challenge you would have rerolled by now. This just highlights the fact how trashy most EP are and the proof is in the pudding, all your back patting, high fives, and leet talk is now worth a whole bucket full of nothing and lols.

Easy mode