The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Thornblade NA 15 February

• Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huckdabuck wrote: »
    Ishammael wrote: »
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    KBKB wrote: »
    Darnathian wrote: »
    Satiar wrote: »
    Well, we crowned Anon emp at around 11 PST, which as far as I know is normal gaming hours :)

Most of DC was gone by 8p EST since it was a work night.

Lol. The excuses continue.

Here you go, mate:
    We cannot give specific numbers as to population caps and what each bar means, however here is a graph of Thornblade's (US) recent population which echos the statement above regarding the populations of each Alliance within that campaign:

96b03fe1e7587194c7348f7cdb7829.jpg

Awesome post let's see EP worm their way out this one.

Yep this graph is very clear:
    • EP becomes population locked earlier than both other factions, and exits population lock later than both other factions
    • EP has significant activity levels at times when both other factions do not
    • EP spends greater than 95% of the time with higher population than AD, and 100% of the time with higher population than DC
    • In a few cases EP has had as much as double the population of AD, and frequently doubles the population of DC

To add some more:
    1. At peak times, DC cannot really sustain the numbers to match EP/AD. Maybe 1-2hrs, tops.
    2. At off-peak hours, DC has basically nobody on the map.
    3. At off-peak hours, EP has half a lock.
    4. At off peak hours, AD has half a lock.
    5. After maintenance, EP is back to half a lock within an hour or two.
    6. DC population plummets quickly in the evening, peaking at ~8p EST.
    7. EP pop locks >40% of time, every day.

Just out of curiosity (since I may have missed it).....is this graph a snap shot of 1 day/1 week/1 month? How recent of a data capture is this information? 1 day old? 1 week old? 1 month old? 2 months old? Do we actually now the population cap? If it's 1000 then yes a EP/AD population of 1000 versus a DC population of 500 would be significant whereas if it's say 500 versus 250 is only insurmountable if there was an EP/AD alliance since this is AvAvA. Without either of those two questions being answered, a few of your added points are just pure speculation. With all of that said...I can see where DC has a legitimate concern over the population on Thorneblade but if DC as a whole was truly concerned with it they could guest in some folks or have them transfer off of their buff servers. AD really only has a few data points on this graph where they don't come close to equaling the EP population.

1. This is a graph of the last 5 days on Thornblade.
    2. No, we don't know absolute pop numbers.
    3. All of my point were based on relative population, assuming a linear y-axis and a linear x-axis. Draw lines on the graph yourself.
    4. Guest some folks from Chillrend? LOL. Those are just PvE players taking care of their buffs. All they would do is feed AP to EP and AD.
  • Fruitdog
    Fruitdog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let me make sure I have this right. EP just wins with numbers and absolutely no skill but that's apparently impossible for DC when it's suggested that they draw some of the PVE players that are filling up Chillrend.
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fruitdog wrote: »
    Let me make sure I have this right. EP just wins with numbers and absolutely no skill but that's apparently impossible for DC when it's suggested that they draw some of the PVE players that are filling up Chillrend.

A little thing called class my friend, DC have it EP don't.

Seriously though we are very anti juggalo zerg impulse train as it lags the server and your FPS we have been on the receiving end of it from EP god knows how many times and as a faction we are above it. Also those PvE'ers are there for buffs nothing else so chances of them coming to thorn to be a bro a slim to none.
    Edited by KBKB on February 17, 2015 6:37PM
  • Da Sandman
    Da Sandman
    ✭✭✭

Seriously though we are very anti juggalo zerg impulse train as it lags the server and your FPS we have been on the receiving end of it from EP god knows how many times and as a faction we are above it. Also those PvE'ers are there for buffs nothing else so chances of them coming to thorn to be a bro a slim to none.

If lacking class is the reason I can ninja rayles and farm 100k ap an hour defending it....

Yeah have at it dude
    Da Sandman

Havöc
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Da Sandman wrote: »

If lacking class is the reason I can ninja rayles and farm 100k ap an hour defending it....

Yeah have at it dude

Which has nothing to do with what we are talking about, love how you just had to get a boast in there. If you were really good you would roll on a different faction that doesn't 4:1 everything ;)
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ostrich-man-head-in-sand.gif
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Da Sandman
    Da Sandman
    ✭✭✭

Yeah have at it dude

Which has nothing to do with what we are talking about, love how you just had to get a boast in there. If you were really good you would roll on a different faction that doesn't 4:1 everything ;)

Yeah that's what I am going to do.

After months of building up a guild since wabba, maintaining relationships with other leaders, and training my people into a big ball of whoop ass, I'm going to throw all that away to start from scratch to save you from getting farmed.

I just wish I could be in your ts when you guys got 60 people sitting on the mine side of Chalmen when my 20 people jump off the wall and cut through that blob like a knife through warm butter.

Nom nom nom
    Da Sandman

Havöc
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah have at it dude

After months of building up a guild since wabba, maintaining relationships with other leaders, and training my people into a big ball of whoop ass, I'm going to throw all that away to start from scratch to save you from getting farmed.

I just wish I could be in your ts when you guys got 60 people sitting on the mine side of Chalmen when my 20 people jump off the wall and cut through that blob like a knife through warm butter.

Nom nom nom

How does one obtain your level of coolness? I'll start growing my neck beard now shall I?

EP Boasting is just a /lmao for me now so thanks for the hearty chuckle slugger enjoy your zerg train ;)
    Edited by KBKB on February 17, 2015 7:02PM
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah have at it dude

Nom nom nom

How does one obtain your level of coolness? I'll start growing my neck beard now shall I?

EP Boasting is just a /lmao for me now so thanks for the hearty chuckle slugger enjoy your zerg train ;)

Obviously he had to "train" hard to get in a ball of "woopass" . Please don't ask him to roll DC .
  • WRX
    WRX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah have at it dude

Nom nom nom

-_-
    Decibel GM

GLUB GLUB
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah have at it dude

Nom nom nom

Well I guess you could get 20 people trained up into a big ball of whoop ass and come cut through us like a knife through warm butter! Then I'm sure your "cool factor" would increase to level 2. Actually cutting through said group will increase your "cool factor" to level 3.
    Texashighelf - VR16 Sorcerer EP NA - FILTHY BARBARIAN
    Texasimperial - VR16 Dragonknight EP NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas'Imperial - VR16 Dragonknight DC NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas-Imperial - VR16 Templar DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Highelf - VR16 Sorcerer DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Imperial - VR16 Nightblade DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    It's a very grey area.
  • Hughezy
    Hughezy
    ✭✭✭
    WRX wrote: »

Yeah have at it dude

Nom nom nom

-_-

W'R'X, why is every EP guild full of themselves?
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hughezy wrote: »

Yeah have at it dude

Nom nom nom

-_-

CAUSE LOOK AT THE SCOREBOARD BRO. SKILLZ.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Caladriegan
    LOL! Your AD/DC tears taste of victory!
    Edited by Caladriegan on February 17, 2015 7:36PM
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah have at it dude

Nom nom nom

Wow! I have finally found the ESO expert on battlefield etiquette and tactics! I hope you will indulge me by answering this vital question.

Apparently it is a warfare faux pas for an army of faction A to bum rush members of faction B when that faction is attacking a keep belonging to faction A. So what is the ESO approved tactic in this situation? Should faction A toss out a handful of mountain flowers and welcome the invaders without any resistance? Should faction A march in single file and attack the invaders one on one after making sure faction A does not outnumber faction B? Should faction A rely only on siege equipment to defend their home keep and hope for the best? Is there another preferred tactic?

I look forward to your definitive answer here. It may be a war zone but that does not excuse me from obeying my manners. I would never want to violate official DC sanctioned rules of engagement, even if I am not a blue care bear.

Thanks so much!

Friends on the forums and on the battlefield,
    LP
  • Hughezy
    Hughezy
    ✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »

Yeah have at it dude

Nom nom nom

-_-

CAUSE LOOK AT THE SCOREBOARD BRO. SKILLZ.

I hardly see someone on DC go oh X EP guild sucks hard and we farm you guys for dayz. However on EP they just boast and boast about their skills and tactics. Can you all STFU for a day?
    Edited by Hughezy on February 17, 2015 7:42PM
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People respond when you call them no-skill baddies. This is why you get EP boasts here. If DC wants to call Pride a bunch of scrubs, Pride will kindly point out how easy they roll DC players.

Drop the trash talking if you don't want to be trash talked.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Pancake-Tragedy
    Pancake-Tragedy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People respond when you call them no-skill baddies. This is why you get EP boasts here. If DC wants to call Pride a bunch of scrubs, Pride will kindly point out how easy they roll DC players.

Such skill. Much boast.
    Pancake Tragedy - Sorcerer
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Such skill. Much boast.

So if 60 DC are at Bleakers, and only 20 EP, it doesn't matter because overall EP has more people? Unless you assume all of EP is always in the North (which we aren't), the fights are more fair than you're making them out to be.

Edited by Satiar on February 17, 2015 7:54PM

• KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »

Yeah have at it dude

Nom nom nom

Wow! I have finally found the ESO expert on battlefield etiquette and tactics! I hope you will indulge me by answering this vital question.

Apparently it is a warfare faux pas for an army of faction A to bum rush members of faction B when that faction is attacking a keep belonging to faction A. So what is the ESO approved tactic in this situation? Should faction A toss out a handful of mountain flowers and welcome the invaders without any resistance? Should faction A march in single file and attack the invaders one on one after making sure faction A does not outnumber faction B? Should faction A rely only on siege equipment to defend their home keep and hope for the best? Is there another preferred tactic?

I look forward to your definitive answer here. It may be a war zone but that does not excuse me from obeying my manners. I would never want to violate official DC sanctioned rules of engagement, even if I am not a blue care bear.

Thanks so much!

Friends on the forums and on the battlefield,
    LP

Firstly; If you can't see that lagging out the server due to pulsetrain is just straight up bad form then it's too late for me to teach to you anything.

Secondly bum rush all you like fall from the sky for all I care just don't do it in a 60 man zerg train that ruins everyone's experience and requires little to no skill at all then claim it does.

Thirdly out numbering happens I get that I really do, take a good look at the graph pancake just posted. That is pretty extreme in any spin you want to possibly try to put on it. I was ok when we woke up to night cap and it was only emp but when it's 3 bars v 1 bar v 1 bar on a regular basis and you are 20k up on the score board then you decide to take 4 scrolls it's extremely poor sportsmanship that only drives players away from the game. Then DC/AD log into no home keeps, a population disadvantage and EP has scroll/keep buffs along with a 20k point lead. Put yourself in our shoes? how would you feel if this happened every 2nd night.

I just want to legitimately ask to all the EP posting in this thread, Is it actually fun when its 3 bars v 1 bar v 1bar when you cap us back to our gates? out numbering the opposition 4:1 rocking groups of 60 to small scattered gank groups and undefended keeps is that really fun? It's a serious question and I actually want to know not being snarky.

If you are all as amazing as most of you claim to be (I will admit Lone you hardly boast compared to the other EP) Then you should thrive on the challenge of starting fresh AD/DC characters and have the leveling process done in a couple of weeks.
    Edited by KBKB on February 17, 2015 8:09PM
  • Hughezy
    Hughezy
    ✭✭✭

Haven't' seen people trash Pride, yet they are still trashing DC
  • Pancake-Tragedy
    Pancake-Tragedy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Such skill. Much boast.

So if 60 DC are at Bleakers, and only 20 EP, it doesn't matter because overall EP has more people? Unless you assume all of EP is always in the North (which we aren't), the fights are more fair than you're making them out to be.

Are you referring to yesterday where an organized guild was farming PUGs?

dhMeAzK.gif
    Pancake Tragedy - Sorcerer
  • Caladriegan
    Here, let me help you out. Reduce the toxicity of your zone chat. Get your players on the other PvP servers to guest Thornblade. Don't yell at them when they screw up, teach them what they did wrong. Learn to watch the map. Quit being so predictable. Learn to work together. That is really all that EP did after spending months getting beat up.
    Edited by Caladriegan on February 17, 2015 8:16PM
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here, let me help you out. Reduce the toxicity of your zone chat, get your players on the other PvP servers to guest Thornblade. Don't yell at them when they screw up, teach them what they did wrong. Learn to watch the map. Quit being so predictable. Learn to work together. That is really all that EP did.

Please stop.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here, let me help you out. Reduce the toxicity of your zone chat. Get your players on the other PvP servers to guest Thornblade. Don't yell at them when they screw up, teach them what they did wrong. Learn to watch the map. Quit being so predictable. Learn to work together. That is really all that EP did.

Are you farming LOLz ?
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here, let me help you out. Reduce the toxicity of your zone chat. Get your players on the other PvP servers to guest Thornblade. Don't yell at them when they screw up, teach them what they did wrong. Learn to watch the map. Quit being so predictable. Learn to work together. That is really all that EP did after spending months getting beat up.

@Caladriegan‌

Do you have a DC toon?
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Such skill. Much boast.

Are you referring to yesterday where an organized guild was farming PUGs?

dhMeAzK.gif

Actually no, just in general. No specific instance in mind.

Haven't' seen people trash Pride, yet they are still trashing DC

People trash talking EP and its guilds is prolific in this thread. Expect to get some back.
    Edited by Satiar on February 17, 2015 8:21PM

• Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I honestly have no idea who Pride is.... 0 clue... whatsoever.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »

And i can't speak spanish :(

• Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »

And i can't speak spanish :(

qué lástima
    Edited by Huntler on February 17, 2015 8:25PM