Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thornblade NA 15 February

• Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My guild stayed Red in the dark days and the good days. It's faction loyalty, though the lack of a good challenge some days is lamented.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The EP keyboard?

hqdefault.jpg
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    My guild stayed Red in the dark days and the good days. It's faction loyalty, though the lack of a good challenge some days is lamented.
    Member of Havoc

lol
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    Member of Havoc

lol

I run with Havoc on occasion, as I'm sure you know, but that was after they rolled EP. Vehemence was around long before that.

Ahhh, now you've got me thinking about DC Zerg days on Bloodthorn. Those were some fights.
    Edited by Satiar on February 17, 2015 1:32AM

• Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling tides will turn again. Red was once heavily beleaguered, and now enjoy a good bit of prosperity. Things change.

• Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KBKB wrote: »
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Ishammael wrote: »
    Darnathian wrote: »
    Well, we crowned Anon emp at around 11 PST, which as far as I know is normal gaming hours :)

Most of DC was gone by 8p EST since it was a work night.

Lol. The excuses continue.

Here you go, mate:
    We cannot give specific numbers as to population caps and what each bar means, however here is a graph of Thornblade's (US) recent population which echos the statement above regarding the populations of each Alliance within that campaign:

96b03fe1e7587194c7348f7cdb7829.jpg

Awesome post let's see EP worm their way out this one.

What is there to worm out of here? I don't think anyone from EP denies they are typically the highest pop in Thorn NA. If anything, AD and DC want people to believe their populations are constantly in the valley range and never in the peak range.

You guys claim a lot of your wins are down to skill, now there is proof from Wheeler that's purely down to numbers, A lot you think this is in AD/DC's heads or it's no where near as bad as it actually is. Refer to Tripwyr's bullet points to see just how out of hand and stupid it has gotten. If you were a semi decent player that enjoyed a challenge you would have rerolled by now. This just highlights the fact how trashy most EP are and the proof is in the pudding, all your back patting, high fives, and leet talk is now worth a whole bucket full of nothing and lols.

You mad bro? Lol
  • Karamis_Vimardon
    Karamis_Vimardon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, we crowned Anon emp at around 11 PST, which as far as I know is normal gaming hours :)

Here you go, mate:
    We cannot give specific numbers as to population caps and what each bar means, however here is a graph of Thornblade's (US) recent population which echos the statement above regarding the populations of each Alliance within that campaign:

What is there to worm out of here? I don't think anyone from EP denies they are typically the highest pop in Thorn NA. If anything, AD and DC want people to believe their populations are constantly in the valley range and never in the peak range.

You guys claim a lot of your wins are down to skill, now there is proof from Wheeler that's purely down to numbers, A lot you think this is in AD/DC's heads or it's no where near as bad as it actually is. Refer to Tripwyr's bullet points to see just how out of hand and stupid it has gotten. If you were a semi decent player that enjoyed a challenge you would have rerolled by now. This just highlights the fact how trashy most EP are and the proof is in the pudding, all your back patting, high fives, and leet talk is now worth a whole bucket full of nothing and lols.

Art thou vexed, brethren?

If you're going to troll, at least be a little classy :smile:

Eh, the graph only confirms what we all knew. It's a numbers game with most of EP, there are groups which are quite good though (Even if I don't like some of their tactics, it works).
    PC NA

Karamis Vimardon, DC Templar (Magplar)
    Netara, DC Nightblade (Stamblade)
    Karamis, DC Sorc (Magicka)
    Hãderus, EP Templar (Healbot)
    Mr Twinkle-Toes, DC DK (Tank)

game
    noun: game;
    plural noun: games
    1. a form of competitive activity or sport played according to rules.
    2. an activity that one engages in for amusement.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Exactly! I was EP when we were heavily outnumbered after the first month on Hopesfire. During the first couple of iterations of Thornblade NA, EP was dead last by a mile and was regularly stomped on all day. It's nice to enjoy being top dog for a change, even when the group I run with gets wiped which still happens more often than I would prefer.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Exactly! I was EP when we were heavily outnumbered after the first month on Hopesfire. During the first couple of iterations of Thornblade NA, EP was dead last by a mile and was regularly stomped on all day. It's nice to enjoy being top dog for a change, even when the group I run with gets wiped which still happens more often than I would prefer.

That must of been real painful for you guys . I'm glad you can bond over that moment . Let the Juggalo healing ceremony commence .
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    roechacca wrote: »

That must of been real painful for you guys . I'm glad you can bond over that moment . Let the Juggalo healing ceremony commence .

I know your feels, man. No one forgets weeks of gatecamping :(

• Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I know your feels, man. No one forgets weeks of gatecamping :(

Well ... When two are done hugging it out , I'll be in Cyrodiil .
  • WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »
    Magus wrote: »

Lag spiked only a few times since the battles were happening all over. Hope that ZoS was paying attention.

Edit: post your screenshots from the day!

I had just posted in another thread that the EP guys that cause 5 fps have been emp farming in Haderus, and that I was wondering how the lag has been in Thornblade since those guys have been in Haderus. Guess that answers that. Pretty crazy how one group can bring the server to its knees.

Yup haderus has been a lag mess the last few days since they showed up. I have also been spending less time in pvp.

There no point playing pvp when such lag happens. I'm always off in the distance hearing bats, and such watching my fps plummet even though I'm 60 meters away, I log. Not wasting my time.

Haderus had some good quality pvp going until they showed up along with EG and their zerg fest has ruined the good thing we had going there, oh well least I got a months worth of lag free pvp out of it.

Maybe those guys should try playing on chillrend.

Oh wait, they don't care about competitive pvp. they just want free AP and emperor passives.

It' splayers like that that make PVP such a mess that everyone should suffer at their expense. Really all that can be done is for players of their own factions to thwart them. The only reason they're having such an easy time farming emp on Had is because alot of people are putting 1.6 through the wringer on PTS. They're all scrubs and idiots.
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here you go, mate:

You mad bro? Lol

Rather be mad than bad bro.
  • Killer808
    Killer808
    ✭✭✭

Here you go, mate:

Yep this graph is very clear:
    • EP becomes population locked earlier than both other factions, and exits population lock later than both other factions
    • EP has significant activity levels at times when both other factions do not
    • EP spends greater than 95% of the time with higher population than AD, and 100% of the time with higher population than DC
    • In a few cases EP has had as much as double the population of AD, and frequently doubles the population of DC

QQ more AD!!! It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside :smiley:
    Killer Wizard, Killer Priest, Killer Blade
    (HaVoC) "All My Friends Never Die"
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aside from all the QQ, there's some very interesting info that can be gleaned from the graph (assuming the y-values, player pop, are linear).

Now, we all know that all 3 factions reach the "1 bar pop" at some point. Judging from red, which has the highest minimum pop, "1 bar" must correspond to roughly 2/5 of "lock pop". This is all speculation, but then one is led to believe:
    1 bar = 2/5 lock
    2 bar = 3/5 lock
    3 bar = 4/5 lock
    lock = lock
    Edited by Teargrants on February 17, 2015 10:01AM
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here you go, mate:

• EP becomes population locked earlier than both other factions, and exits population lock later than both other factions
    • EP spends greater than 95% of the time with higher population than AD, and 100% of the time with higher population than DC
    • In a few cases EP has had as much as double the population of AD, and frequently doubles the population of DC

What I find even more glaring, is that with the exception of DC's short peak time spikes, EPs lowest population times literally are on par or higher with the entire rest of the day for DC.

Meaning, that except for the 2 hour spike in the evening, EP's lowest valley is higher than DC's baseline average.

To check this, draw three horizontal lines across the graph approximating a median (average distance from peak to valley), reds pop never touches blues line, not once outside of that maintenance valley.
    Edited by Rylana on February 17, 2015 1:31PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Gizit
    Gizit
    ✭✭✭
    Yaw'l all cryin'
    We was Dolmen and skyshard huntin! during Lock times:

We find the NPC's more of a challenge
    Tis all you squares.

I do the things! for the team, score points! win the day by *** the stuff! HELL yeah!
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gizit wrote: »
    Yaw'l all cryin'

Tis all you squares.

Instead of dolmens try not zerging. If you find this game easy and pressing 1 button gives no excitement you can always reroll. Don´t get what you request. EP too eazy....you play DC or AD :)
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Killer808
    Killer808
    ✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »

Here you go, mate:

What I find even more glaring, is that with the exception of DC's short peak time spikes, EPs lowest population times literally are on par or higher with the entire rest of the day for DC.

Meaning, that except for the 2 hour spike in the evening, EP's lowest valley is higher than DC's baseline average.

To check this, draw three horizontal lines across the graph approximating a median (average distance from peak to valley), reds pop never touches blues line, not once outside of that maintenance valley.

i-see-stupid-people.jpg
    Killer Wizard, Killer Priest, Killer Blade
    (HaVoC) "All My Friends Never Die"
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gizit wrote: »
    Yaw'l all cryin'

Tis all you squares.

country.jpg
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    Pretty sure we'd be whooping you good if the pops were all equal, because EP can't handle being outnumbered.

Yeah, you whipped us last night while all three factions were pop locked when EP retrieved the scroll from Glademist. I suppose you will overlook that inconvenient truth as it completely destroys the fairy take you are spinning.

So maybe I should rephrase. If we were pop locked as often and for the same amount of time as EP is everyday. One battle means nothing. We also had to deal with AD on the otherside of the keep before dealing with EP and the lag during that battle. From my view your still wrong because even with us being pop locked at that time, we still had only 1/2 the ppl there that you did. DC guilds like to avoid your lagness, so we get less help in certain spots and battles.

Still goes to show, why does it take your entire faction to be in one spot to take a scroll? Oh yeah, that's right...safety in numbers because of less skill?
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here you go, mate:

To add some more:
    1. At peak times, DC cannot really sustain the numbers to match EP/AD. Maybe 1-2hrs, tops.
    2. At off-peak hours, DC has basically nobody on the map.
    3. At off-peak hours, EP has half a lock.
    4. At off peak hours, AD has half a lock.
    5. After maintenance, EP is back to half a lock within an hour or two.
    6. DC population plummets quickly in the evening, peaking at ~8p EST.
    7. EP pop locks >40% of time, every day.

Just out of curiosity (since I may have missed it).....is this graph a snap shot of 1 day/1 week/1 month? How recent of a data capture is this information? 1 day old? 1 week old? 1 month old? 2 months old? Do we actually now the population cap? If it's 1000 then yes a EP/AD population of 1000 versus a DC population of 500 would be significant whereas if it's say 500 versus 250 is only insurmountable if there was an EP/AD alliance since this is AvAvA. Without either of those two questions being answered, a few of your added points are just pure speculation. With all of that said...I can see where DC has a legitimate concern over the population on Thorneblade but if DC as a whole was truly concerned with it they could guest in some folks or have them transfer off of their buff servers. AD really only has a few data points on this graph where they don't come close to equaling the EP population.
    Edited by Huckdabuck on February 17, 2015 4:40PM
    Texashighelf - VR16 Sorcerer EP NA - FILTHY BARBARIAN
    Texasimperial - VR16 Dragonknight EP NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas'Imperial - VR16 Dragonknight DC NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas-Imperial - VR16 Templar DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Highelf - VR16 Sorcerer DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Imperial - VR16 Nightblade DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    It's a very grey area.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Huckdabuck wrote: »

Here you go, mate:

To add some more:
    1. At peak times, DC cannot really sustain the numbers to match EP/AD. Maybe 1-2hrs, tops.
    2. At off-peak hours, DC has basically nobody on the map.
    3. At off-peak hours, EP has half a lock.
    4. At off peak hours, AD has half a lock.
    5. After maintenance, EP is back to half a lock within an hour or two.
    6. DC population plummets quickly in the evening, peaking at ~8p EST.
    7. EP pop locks >40% of time, every day.

Just out of curiosity (since I may have missed it).....is this graph a snap shot of 1 day/1 week/1 month? How recent of a data capture is this information? 1 day old? 1 week old? 1 month old? 2 months old? Do we actually now the population cap? If it's 1000 then yes a EP/AD population of 1000 versus a DC population of 500 would be significant whereas if it's say 500 versus 250 is only insurmountable if there was an EP/AD alliance since this is AvAvA. Without either of those two questions being answered, a few of your added points are just pure speculation. With all of that said...I can see where DC has a legitimate concern over the population on Thorneblade but if DC as a whole was truly concerned with it they could guest in some folks or have them transfer off of their buff servers. AD really only has a few data points on this graph where they don't come close to equaling the EP population.

It's Thornblade NA over a weeks time
  • EskimoBrother
    EskimoBrother
    ✭✭✭
    if DC as a whole was truly concerned with it they could guest in some folks or have them transfer off of their buff servers. AD really only has a few data points on this graph where they don't come close to equaling the EP population.
    Ummm what? EP consistently has more pop than AD on that graph, the *** are you looking at???? And yes, the solution to Dc's pop problems are to bring all the PvE lords from chillrend so they can help us win. Brilliant! Are all EP this stupid or just most of them?
    Edited by EskimoBrother on February 17, 2015 4:45PM

-Clayton Bigsby
    -EskimoBrother

YogurtSlingerFC

• Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure we'd be whooping you good if the pops were all equal, because EP can't handle being outnumbered.

Yeah, you whipped us last night while all three factions were pop locked when EP retrieved the scroll from Glademist. I suppose you will overlook that inconvenient truth as it completely destroys the fairy take you are spinning.

So maybe I should rephrase. If we were pop locked as often and for the same amount of time as EP is everyday. One battle means nothing. We also had to deal with AD on the otherside of the keep before dealing with EP and the lag during that battle. From my view your still wrong because even with us being pop locked at that time, we still had only 1/2 the ppl there that you did. DC guilds like to avoid your lagness, so we get less help in certain spots and battles.

Still goes to show, why does it take your entire faction to be in one spot to take a scroll? Oh yeah, that's right...safety in numbers because of less skill?

Ummmm we must haz our scroll.....duh! If you take it be prepared to fend off all EP on the server at the time. No skills....just brute force to get back what is ours. If you want skills...go do some organized guild versus guild open field fighting. If you don't want to do that....just go back to hiding inside your gates. Also, welcome to the EP world where fighting 2 fronts of a keep is a common occurrence.
    It's a very grey area.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    if DC as a whole was truly concerned with it they could guest in some folks or have them transfer off of their buff servers. AD really only has a few data points on this graph where they don't come close to equaling the EP population.
    Ummm what? EP consistently has more pop than AD on that graph, the *** are you looking at???? And yes, the solution to Dc's pop problems are to bring all the PvE lords from chillrend so they can help us win. Brilliant! Are all EP this stupid or just most of them?

Their short on answers today so their pointing fingers at pvE players . Maybe we should recruit in role playing forums too .
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Generalizing the graph yes (since there are no descriptive axis for time or actual population numbers).....there are only a few points where EP significantly outnumber AD (mostly in the middle of the graph, right after what appears to be the server maintenance, where the largest differences are). No where did I say that AD was equal 100% of the time....coming close to equaling something is normally accepted as within a few % points and does not equate to being 100% equal. Reading comprehension....I won't insult all of DC rather I'll just say this about you.....are you that "passionate about this issue" that you can't read? Also my question still remains...without a population number to go off of.....is a 20 person advantage more advantageous as a 200 person advantage? Of course it isn't. If it's a numbers game......then yes go get your PvE lords from Chillrend since there is safety in numbers per Dreyloch and they should have no problem mindlessly zerging and mowing things down in front of them.
    Edited by Huckdabuck on February 17, 2015 5:28PM
    It's a very grey area.
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Huckdabuck wrote: Just out of curiosity (since I may have missed it).....is this graph a snap shot of 1 day/1 week/1 month?

From another thread I picked up this.

ZOS_BrianWheeler mod
    February 16 Staff Post
    That graph is the last 5 days unless the programming gremlins are fibbing.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From another thread I picked up this.

ZOS_BrianWheeler mod
    February 16 Staff Post
    That graph is the last 5 days unless the programming gremlins are fibbing.

Thank you!
    It's a very grey area.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Their short on answers today so their pointing fingers at pvE players . Maybe we should recruit in role playing forums too .

Well if we do get the pvers means we would have to use the same tactic EP uses and server lag people out, and plus pvers want those achivements for doing quests in the pvp area more then anything.

But yeah just there isn't enough people on dc side truly interested in pvp, and they need to make a server for pves to do their quests on, so EP stops thinking that would solve anything...even when they start loosing keeps on chillrend it takes an effected daily area on that server to get the pvers interesting in helping out.

Just my two crowns
    Edited by RedTalon on February 17, 2015 5:19PM