The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Thornblade NA 15 February

• Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here, let me help you out. Reduce the toxicity of your zone chat. Get your players on the other PvP servers to guest Thornblade. Don't yell at them when they screw up, teach them what they did wrong. Learn to watch the map. Quit being so predictable. Learn to work together. That is really all that EP did after spending months getting beat up.

In other words, if you suck stop sucking. It is inspirational what happened to EP. EP sucked and you just learnt from that. Now back to the reality, DC needs urgently good players willing to pvp in Thorn. AD needs good players too. Either those pugs grow a pair and start showing some sign of learning or new players.

When the battles are won by skills not numbers Thornblade will have some decent competition.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Gizit
    Gizit
    ✭✭✭
    "Thirdly out numbering happens I get that I really do, take a good look at the graph pancake just posted. That is pretty extreme in any spin you want to possibly try to put on it. I was ok when we woke up to night cap and it was only emp but when it's 3 bars v 1 bar v 1 bar on a regular basis and you are 20k up on the score board then you decide to take 4 scrolls it's extremely poor sportsmanship that only drives players away from the game. Then DC/AD log into no home keeps, a population disadvantage and EP has scroll/keep buffs along with a 20k point lead. Put yourself in our shoes? how would you feel if this happened every 2nd night."

I love the way you guys fight harder on Forums than gameplay.

And yes I know all to well, about the logging in to nothing but fighting.

Anyone Remember Skull Crusher??
    the Noire???

yeah... DC your time for glory will come, once you get most of No Mercy back-
    til then keep trying.
    I do the things! for the team, score points! win the day by *** the stuff! HELL yeah!
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    People respond when you call them no-skill baddies. This is why you get EP boasts here. If DC wants to call Pride a bunch of scrubs, Pride will kindly point out how easy they roll DC players.

Drop the trash talking if you don't want to be trash talked.
    96b03fe1e7587194c7348f7cdb7829.jpg

Such skill. Much boast.

So if 60 DC are at Bleakers, and only 20 EP, it doesn't matter because overall EP has more people? Unless you assume all of EP is always in the North (which we aren't), the fights are more fair than you're making them out to be.

Bingo!

I play during NA prime time and on the weekends when populations are at their greatest for all three factions. Far more often than not, 85% of DC is battling EP in the north while 85% of AD is battling EP in the south and east. The remaining 15% of AD and DC are fighting somewhere in the Nikel corridor - and that 15% may be a generous estimate.

Somehow these forums translate that into 300 EP fighting 100 DC and 300 EP fighting 100 AD - even when all three factions are pop locked or sitting at three bars. Prime time hours are very easy to identify on that timeline graph. Not so easy to find in that graph are prime time hours where EP has more numbers than the sum of the AD and DC numbers.

Sometimes EP is pushed back to their gates like over the weekend. Sometimes EP pushes out into enemy territory like last night. Numbers only tell part of the story as all three factions have their ebbs and flows. An impartial bystander would never realize that if they merely used these forums to gauge the status of the war.
  • Pancake-Tragedy
    Pancake-Tragedy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Me too, I love forum PvP.

Then what happened? You guys all of a sudden "grew skill"...or was it the influx of players from another faction that came to help?

Edited by Pancake-Tragedy on February 17, 2015 8:42PM
    Pancake Tragedy - Sorcerer
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    People respond when you call them no-skill baddies. This is why you get EP boasts here. If DC wants to call Pride a bunch of scrubs, Pride will kindly point out how easy they roll DC players.

Such skill. Much boast.

So if 60 DC are at Bleakers, and only 20 EP, it doesn't matter because overall EP has more people? Unless you assume all of EP is always in the North (which we aren't), the fights are more fair than you're making them out to be.

Bingo!

I play during NA prime time and on the weekends when populations are at their greatest for all three factions. Far more often than not, 85% of DC is battling EP in the north while 85% of AD is battling EP in the south and east. The remaining 15% of AD and DC are fighting somewhere in the Nikel corridor - and that 15% may be a generous estimate.

Somehow these forums translate that into 300 EP fighting 100 DC and 300 EP fighting 100 AD - even when all three factions are pop locked or sitting at three bars. Prime time hours are very easy to identify on that timeline graph. Not so easy to find in that graph are prime time hours where EP has more numbers than the sum of the AD and DC numbers.

Sometimes EP is pushed back to their gates like over the weekend. Sometimes EP pushes out into enemy territory like last night. Numbers only tell part of the story as all three factions have their ebbs and flows. An impartial bystander would never realize that if they merely used these forums to gauge the status of the war.

At this point Moses could part the Red Sea and you would still point out there's still some puddles of water on the ground so , no ... The sea is not parted !

• Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Such skill. Much boast.

Bingo!

Thats not actually true, thats your perception of it. Given you think blue only ever pushes nikel with 15% of their people... lol. Nikel and Brindle are blue's manifest destiny. And a huge portion of AD would rather fight blue than get zerged by EP. But whatever, as everyone in this thread/forums goes... they come up with baseless reasons to excuse either failure or success... in addition to somehow ignoring the only evidence/data presented showing the contrary.

• KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »

Such skill. Much boast.

Bingo!

Thats not actually true, thats your perception of it. Given you think blue only ever pushes nikel with 15% of their people... lol. Nikel and Brindle are blue's manifest destiny. And a huge portion of AD would rather fight blue than get zerged by EP. But whatever, as everyone in this thread/forums goes... they come up with baseless reasons to excuse either failure or success... in addition to somehow ignoring the only evidence/data presented showing the contrary.

Also AD seem to think ASH is their home keep lol. A lot goes on down that side of the map. DC enjoys fighting AD due to lack of zerging/sound disappearing/FPS and Ping drops.
    Edited by KBKB on February 17, 2015 8:48PM
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Me too, I love forum PvP.

Then what happened? You guys all of a sudden "grew skill"...or was it the influx of players from another faction that came to help?

I should make this my signature. Sorry @Gizit I don´t know you. I think this answer is just too good to leave it. From another thread but basicly the same thing.

Gizit Soul Shriven
    February 16
    Speaking for myself an EP player whom works very well with the other Guilds on EP.

We zerg because we care.
    Edited by Minnesinger on February 17, 2015 8:48PM
    The blizzard is my home,
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing "Thorkerville" on Skull Crusher (AD buff server before it was cool) was a very depressing and rude awakening to any EP at launch about faction imbalance. I honestly remember being gate camped 24/7 on that 90 day campaign and as frustrating as it was there were quiet a few of us who stuck it out and kept fighting because it was fun to be a PITA. This memory serves me well and allows me to feel some empathy for the underpopulated DC on Thornblade but that doesn't mean I'm going to ease up during my time online as I think I would be insulted if I was AD/DC and EP just backed off. Truth be told...I feel they should just do away with any campaign that's a buff server to force population caps to lock and get rid of all this population zerg QQ business....I'm sure then the argument would just turn to well we have the PvE baddies bringing us down....bring on the long server queues. >:)
    Texashighelf - VR16 Sorcerer EP NA - FILTHY BARBARIAN
    Texasimperial - VR16 Dragonknight EP NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas'Imperial - VR16 Dragonknight DC NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas-Imperial - VR16 Templar DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Highelf - VR16 Sorcerer DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Imperial - VR16 Nightblade DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    It's a very grey area.
  • Gizit
    Gizit
    ✭✭✭
    <3 gives me things to do while at work.
    Im bored as hell
    I do the things! for the team, score points! win the day by *** the stuff! HELL yeah!
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is just the same argument over and over . I tired . ZOS has been the root of this situation since Beta . We told them this would happen eventually . We've asked for Arenas , buff removal , faction locks and they always do the opposite . So people leave . We're the last of the hold outs . It turned into TSW just like I said it would . Just don't expect B2P to fix any of this . It didn't for TSW and it won't here .
  • Angavar
    Angavar
    ✭✭✭
    Last night was hilarious. EP had locked pop to our 2 bars, and owned every AD keep except black boot.

They tried for hours and hours to zerg mnem scroll, but got wrecked every time. Even with 2-3 of their best guilds still online, vs AD solo pugs and 1 organised guild with only a few players.

So they send the EP pug groups to attack BB while havoc ninjaed the scroll. Congratulations, you can't take a scroll against half your numbers, so you use your pugs as bait so you can take it undefended.

Stay classy, EP.
    S'irinar the Shadow - VR14 NB (AD)
    Antakh the Bold - VR6 DK (AD)
    Arkoth the Darkweaver - VR5 Sorc (AD)
  • Caladriegan
    Here, let me help you out. Reduce the toxicity of your zone chat. Get your players on the other PvP servers to guest Thornblade. Don't yell at them when they screw up, teach them what they did wrong. Learn to watch the map. Quit being so predictable. Learn to work together. That is really all that EP did after spending months getting beat up.

In other words, if you suck stop sucking. It is inspirational what happened to EP. EP sucked and you just learnt from that. Now back to the reality, DC needs urgently good players willing to pvp in Thorn. AD needs good players too. Either those pugs grow a pair and start showing some sign of learning or new players.

When the battles are won by skills not numbers Thornblade will have some decent competition.

It really was about that simple, Minne. But apparently you folks would rather complain that PvP is just not fair and should be balanced to your benefit instead of putting in the time and effort to fix your own problem. Sheesh.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Maybe your AD sense of entitlement has blinded you; but all factions have access to the same map and there are fewer crossed swords and real estate ownership changes in the Nikel corridor than in the Bleaker's and Sejanus corridors. It is simply a matter of observing the lack of activity over there for the most part.

Whenever AD takes BRK or DC takes Chalman, there will be hordes of yellow and blue inside when EP attempts to reclaim them. All the while, the western half of the map is starved of conflict. That region of the map is not the hotly contested battlefield you make it out to be.

Oh, and to address a previous comment of yours, Pride is one of about 3 yeoman guilds for EP who spends more time capturing or maintaining real estate than they spend farming AP. None of the guild's players are even in the top 20 players on the EP AP leaderboard. If you run into an organized group of EP players who don't spam Impulse or lag out the server, chances are you encountered Pride.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe your AD sense of entitlement has blinded you; but all factions have access to the same map and there are fewer crossed swords and real estate ownership changes in the Nikel corridor than in the Bleaker's and Sejanus corridors. It is simply a matter of observing the lack of activity over there for the most part.

Whenever AD takes BRK or DC takes Chalman, there will be hordes of yellow and blue inside when EP attempts to reclaim them. All the while, the western half of the map is starved of conflict. That region of the map is not the hotly contested battlefield you make it out to be.

Oh, and to address a previous comment of yours, Pride is one of about 3 yeoman guilds for EP who spends more time capturing or maintaining real estate than they spend farming AP. None of the guild's players are even in the top 20 players on the EP AP leaderboard. If you run into an organized group of EP players who don't spam Impulse or lag out the server, chances are you encountered Pride.

Lol.
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @Caladriegan. We learnt the complaining from EP when you people had similar concerns over the healthy of the pvp. Maybe it is buried out of the way in your glorious history of the Pact.

As pointed out you can do quite much with overwhelming numbers specifically when the opponents are offline. It really helps to ask in zone for more defenders at those times. Even if we ask in very polite way people don´t just don´t show up. I appreaciate your advice not to use toxicity in zone. Really helpful.

As if you didn´t know EP has much more numbers more so during the off peak hours. Why not reroll a DC or AD toon and show us how to ask nicely in zone? At the same time you could mastermind some unpredictable attacks while we are at our last scroll temple. Seeing there like 10 people against the EP zerg of 30-50 as in the past. When the numbers start slowly showing up later the zone is full of toxicity. They sure seek inspiration from EP.

Lastly, it is a well known fact that EP all of suddenly started to shine after so many rerolled an EP toon. If you claim your skills grew it just doesn´t make justice to the fact. Just check the leaderoards. How many previously AD players are now top of EP?

Keep tipping on good advice anyways. Don´t let this crush your world.
    The blizzard is my home,
  • Caladriegan
    Thank you @Caladriegan. We learnt the complaining from EP when you people had similar concerns over the healthy of the pvp. Maybe it is buried out of the way in your glorious history of the Pact.

As pointed out you can do quite much with overwhelming numbers specifically when the opponents are offline. It really helps to ask in zone for more defenders at those times. Even if we ask in very polite way people don´t just don´t show up. I appreaciate your advice not to use toxicity in zone. Really helpful.

As if you didn´t know EP has much more numbers more so during the off peak hours. Why not reroll a DC or AD toon and show us how to ask nicely in zone? At the same time you could mastermind some unpredictable attacks while we are at our last scroll temple. Seeing there like 10 people against the EP zerg of 30-50 as in the past. When the numbers start slowly showing up later the zone is full of toxicity. They sure seek inspiration from EP.

Lastly, it is a well known fact that EP all of suddenly started to shine after so many rerolled an EP toon. If you claim your skills grew it just doesn´t make justice to the fact. Just check the leaderoards. How many previously AD players are now top of EP?

Minne, you cry a lot. Tell you what the next time my 20 man group runs into a 60 man AD or DC zerg you be sure to tell 40 of them to wait their turn, you know, just to be fair.
    Edited by Caladriegan on February 17, 2015 9:57PM
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just love how actual, solid evidence (the graph) was given that showed the immense population imbalance, consistent over a week's time, but reflecting of the imbalance from the past few months, and EP players are all over this thread trying to make it seem like they don't take advantage of this massive imbalance!

You may have had moments where your group of 20 has ran into 30 or more DC pugs and you wiped them, you may have had that few times where most of DC huddled inside Bleakers because there was no other action for DC on the server, and you may have occasionally been in the situation where your group is outnumbered, but you CANNOT BE SERIOUSLY CLAIMING THAT THIS IS THE CASE EVERY TIME YOU COME ACROSS A GROUP OF DC BECAUSE WE DO NOT HAVE THE NUMBERS OR MANPOWER FOR THIS TO BE THE TRUTH.

There is solid, SOLID evidence that clearly states that the EP faction has an incredible amount of numbers over the DC faction, yet you EP players are STILL running in here and trying to make it seem like it's "not that bad." And each one of you in here trying to defend your faction I have SEEN YOU ALL in the middle of massive, massive zergs, so please, save it. YOU may personally be a good player on your own, but you all go where the AP is at, come on, we're not stupid. It's really, really easy to farm a group of DC pugs with a sprinkling of our few good players with your 40+. It's obvious you all do it on purpose, it's been obvious for months, look at your damn leaderboards. How else you all gonna end with your top ten exceeding 5 mil every campaign?

And that's cool and all, more power to you, I don't really care anymore about the cheesy tactics you all pull. But what I do care about is how you are all acting like YOU are the ones at a disadvantage. Please tell us more about your glorious tales of your group of 20 eliminating 30 or more DC pugs, and I'll sit here with a single tear in my eye at your war stories.

Seriously, stop denying the truth. You all win because of numbers. Period.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Minne, you cry a lot. Tell you what the next time my 20 man group runs into a 60 man AD or DC zerg you be sure to tell 40 of them to wait their turn, you know, just to be fair.

When you see a 60 man Zerg from DC , Screen shot it . Until then this is mythical creature and I chuckle at the notion .
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is not very helpful, Cala. Sure you can tip off how you do it:) Just curious....

You mastermind some surprise attack when 60 AD are online? At the same place....Ok it is the bridge fight. Am I right?

Also how in the world there is only 20 EP? What about the rest of the faction that follows everywhere. More like 100 EP against 15 AD/DC.
    The blizzard is my home,
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That is not very helpful, Cala. Sure you can tip off how you do it:) Just curious....

You mastermind some surprise attack when 60 AD are online? At the same place....Ok it is the bridge fight. Am I right?

Also how in the world there is only 20 EP? What about the rest of the faction that follows everywhere. More like 100 EP against 15 AD/DC.

It continues to blow my mind how EP players are only capable of counting their group, yet refuse to see the massive amount of EP following behind their group. Like, okay, your group of 20 or whatever ran into a group of 30 DC, but did you fail to notice the extra 50 EP you brought with you?
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^ yeah there is over all denial of not being zergers if you ask EP players (except see my signature). Then they think the Forums are full of appraisal when others witness them zerging.
    Edited by Minnesinger on February 17, 2015 10:12PM
    The blizzard is my home,
  • Caladriegan
    Like I said, you have a problem? There are ways to fix it. Blubbering on the forums about how unfair PvP is, (really? are you 12?), instead of working to minimize your shortfalls and maximizing what you have isn't the way to do it.

Or are you of the generation that got a trophy just for showing up and graduating elementary?
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    roechacca wrote: »
    When you see a 60 man Zerg from DC , Screen shot it . Until then this is mythical creature and I chuckle at the notion .

Challenge accepted! Some of the action between between Chalman and Aleswell should provide opportunities for this, at least until DC zerg is redefined to be something like masses of DC in the same area working on a common goal but not attacking the same wall or player.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    roechacca wrote: »
    +1

You can see a real difference when these people are on .

Of course, they maintain they have nothing to do with the lag.

It's just convenient when they are happening to be going after a scroll...
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like I said, you have a problem? There are ways to fix it. Blubbering on the forums about how unfair PvP is, (really? are you 12?), instead of working to minimize your shortfalls and maximizing what you have isn't the way to do it.

Or are you of the generation that got a trophy just for showing up and graduating elementary?

Cala, you talking to me? I am worried how your tone has changed. You made a good start of praising EP and how you dealt with being suckers. How I wish your advice were of any use. I just said the way you see the things doesn´t match with facts. From being sucker due to low population(not saying because of lack of skills as there were some good players) you have become zergers (not saying skillful as it doesn´t need skills).

You seem to deal with criticism in a way that even if was 12 yrs I could handle it better. Not 12 yrs so your argumentation is void. Maybe you could use some of your own advice and lower the toxicity in the Forums.

The Forums are what they are meant to be. Here we discuss about the game. Unfortunately, we must talk about EP. As if I love EP, no way, but we need better pvp. In my plans you fit in that picture. 20 man EP group....well anything can happen.
    The blizzard is my home,
  • Caladriegan
    "Wah! I'm outnumbered! It's the only reason I lose!" What it seems you want is for ZOS to fix your problems instead of working at fixing them yourselves.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Wah! I'm outnumbered! It's the only reason I lose!" What it seems you want is for ZOS to fix your problems instead of working at fixing them yourselves.

Do you even read this crap before you post it ? If you're so good and numbers are NOT a factor , put your reputation where your mouth is and show Us . Roll DC and show Us this is non issue .
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We cannot give specific numbers as to population caps and what each bar means, however here is a graph of Thornblade's (US) recent population which echos the statement above regarding the populations of each Alliance within that campaign:

PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • Perichor
    Perichor
    ✭✭✭
    Leonidas got zerged

and Leonidas was obviously a good DK