Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

REFLECTIVE SCALES NEEDS NERF

• Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @***_Hero its not about being on my side is actually being accurate to wh
    Kromus wrote: »
    Nicko_Lps wrote: »

A templar dont need to use projectiles vs DK

Also in case you dont know Eclipse reflects soul assault not only DK's reflect ultimates right? but in this case you guys have a prob with the DK's cause u dont have anything better to do .I would preffer being able to reflect soul assault that is twice lethal as 4 x shooting stars... L2P
    Also in case you dont know No2 blazing shield bugs(exploit?) and reflects all projectiles the first 2-3 sec of cast that does not annoy you cause u didnt even notice it right?

This is not quite true or at least we can say it depends on situation. Unless Eclipse is on DK you don't have much choice in your range class abilities to do damage. Sun fire, javelin and solar flare gets reflected and only left is mediocre damage from Spear shard aoe, or to go melee with Puncturing strikes and use Blazing shield for protection and some damage.

Personally, don't see problem in it as we (templars) still have option to counter RS and/or do some damage in periods when we can't apply Eclipse. That is cool thing, as it is not guaranteed counter since it depends on current DK immunity status whether you can apply it or not, which gives better fights overall.

Eclipse reflecting Soul Assault is neat ability and by my opinion right where it should be in class balance, due to:
    - Soul Assault casters are puss..s (except if they are healers)
    - you need good timing for it to work
    - it's clearly visible on target at any given moment
    - it can only reflect one Soul strike as you would hardly have time to cast it on two targets using SS on you
    - allow for that priceless "oh, yeah" moment :)

Don't think what you say for BS reflecting all projectiles for first 2-3 seconds is true in normal conditions. Can you please elaborate a bit how you got to that conclusion?

I dont know how it bugs-exploits and reflects back projectiles but as far as i know there was a patch that fixed random dk and templar reflects without any ability active to be responsible for that reflect. I remember how and why dk rs were buging but honestly i aint gonna give you that kind of tip for an exploit..

A templar solo on a keep wall at real life dawn reflecting crystal shards so i gone back and put on my skills crushing shock that i know its being reflected and guess what.. It was comming back at me lol

Also a templar has no reason to spam blazin shield on a keep wall like some dk's do. Im more than 100% sure of what ive seen and to be honest its not the first time that blazing shield reflects back at me lol

Have fun and have in mind using an exploit isnt the best thing you have to do..
    If you work it out
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Cody wrote: »
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    Other examples are Soul Swallow and Mages Fury.
    Funnel Health and Swallow Soul are clearly projectiles. Thanks to ESO being buggy, you can often see them lingering around the battlefield.

swallow soul/funnel health is not a projectile. You are pulling an enemie's life force from their bodies to you. not shooting them with a ranged attack.
    Both the game and me seem to disagree. (And you ARE shooting them with a ranged attack, that's why you can use it at 36m distance.)

use it while playing a NB. you will see
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kijima wrote: »
    Your argument of the game and you agree with it, is just stupid. How many broken skills before fixes could you defend with that logic.
    How exactly are my 'stupid' arguments any less than yours? I see Funnel/Swallow as a projectile and so does the game. You don't.

I guess I should call your argument stupid now, just to keep the discussion going?

its a life force pulled FROM your enemies TO YOU

even if it is a prjectile, it should not refllect, as you are pulling an enemies life force AWAY from their bodies TOWARDS you.

Just watch its animation next time you use it. your characters hand imits a small red aura, then a stream of red energy bursts forth from your enemy TOWARDS you. you are not hurling anything towards your enemy with this ability.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funnel Health and Swallow Soul are clearly projectiles. Thanks to ESO being buggy, you can often see them lingering around the battlefield.

swallow soul/funnel health is not a projectile. You are pulling an enemie's life force from their bodies to you. not shooting them with a ranged attack.
    Both the game and me seem to disagree. (And you ARE shooting them with a ranged attack, that's why you can use it at 36m distance.)

See my signature.
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with Cody on this one, it's not a projectile and shouldn't be reflected, you are taking something away from the target, not trying to throw something at them.

Your argument of the game and you agree with it, is just stupid. How many broken skills before fixes could you defend with that logic.

If you look at the animation, you are very clearly throwing a projectile at your target first, which is a ranged attack.

Only after the projectile connects are you pulling anything from your opponents' body.

You throw a ball of red... stuff.. at them and then after it hits, the red tendrils come from the target to you. It makes sense that you can reflect the ball of red.. thingy.. before it hits.
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    Pretty sure that the final hit isnt reflected either.

Gonna test it later tho.

It is
    Forgot this somehow.

Tested it and as I said: The final hit of Lightning Staff heavy does not get reflected.

Its just a common misbelief. Just like Dks having infinite resources and being totally OP in every way ;)

Edited by Sanct16 on December 16, 2014 3:04AM
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »

I agree with Cody on this one, it's not a projectile and shouldn't be reflected, you are taking something away from the target, not trying to throw something at them.

If you look at the animation, you are very clearly throwing a projectile at your target first, which is a ranged attack.

Only after the projectile connects are you pulling anything from your opponents' body.

You throw a ball of red... stuff.. at them and then after it hits, the red tendrils come from the target to you. It makes sense that you can reflect the ball of red.. thingy.. before it hits.

very well, i stand corrected
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

See my signature.

i cant:/ there is some... thing.. blocking the name of your character:D
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i cant:/ there is some... thing.. blocking the name of your character:D
    Y̧̛̫̬̭͇̥͍̗̝̩̩͚͈̺̹͇̘͈̘ͭ̀͊̓͑ͩͫ͗ͨ̐́ͥ̓̋ͅo̧̨̖̯̼̖͐ͯ̓̈́̈̚͟ữ̸̷̯̪̗̹̟̗̮̠̘̞̲̞̖͖̀ͫ͊́ͮ ̶̨̪̮̤̲̠̬͚̥̫̦̺̬̥̳̭͂̉̊͋ͅm̨̧̰̮̺̉̐̓͢e̶̜̲̙̘̞͙̖̳͚̫͔̻̱͚ͯ͊̓ͣ̒̿̊ͥ͗̋̇́́ͅͅa̸̛̟̭̝̟̩̘̺̼̺̓̓ͮͫ̌̉̂̌͗̽̒ͭn̠̝̻̘̝̲̗̬͉͕̰͍̦͋̃̍̄̐̽̚̕͠ͅ ̖̯̭̮͂ͥ̒̔͗͛͗̈̔͂̄͛͒̀̀t̖̹̪̦̲̗͇͛ͦ̅͒̆͐ͩͤ̓̀ͅh̶̑͗ͣ́ͣ͋̇ͤ͆̈͐̄̉ͧ͛ͪ̾̕͠҉̡̦̲̤̘e̅̾͐͌̆͗ͯ̍̾̓̓̆̏͆́͒͟҉̗̲̰͓̝̠͕͎̬͖̞̰̜̠͞ ̶͕͇͔̹̤̟̱͉͍͍̗̯̘͓̭̫͕͆ͩͪ̏̑̓͒ͧ̍̋́͋͗̓̈ͭ̈́t̵̛̛̬̟̟̜̗̯͍͍͖̤͌̒̑̄̿̒͡͡ͅe̷͖̱͖̗̟͙̱̖̞͈͎̜̭͎͈̼̥̩͂̀ͧ͋ͤͥ͢x̶̙͎͖̮͔̃ͭ̂̔̈́ͣͤ̇́t̢̠͚̥͔͔̗̝̖̬̠̰̓̓͊ͮ̏ͤͮ͋͗ͩ̚͢ ̷̢̟̜̙͕̞̠͉̤̘̣̩ͨͦ̒ͥ̍ͭ̆̈́ͤ̐͛̌ͣ̓ͦ̎̈́t̷̜̬̩͇̰̯̮͆̈ͦ̿ͭ̿ͫ̽̍̂͜h̢̹͔̳͉̬̳̭̞͓̳̲ͦ̀͂ͫ̾̿͋ͧ̓̃͘ͅȧ̸̮̜̻̥̦͓̪̲̭̼ͪ̂̌̉ͣ̽̒̌̆͛͑̇͌͜͟t̸̛̯͙͕̹̳̺̥͍̆̓̌̔̒ͦ̾ͧ͗̋̈́́̚͘͠ ̌̈̍̏ͤ̅̐̏̚҉̸̟̙̣̲͔̲̘͓͙̭̩s̸̨͆̏ͣ̆ͮ͊͑̎́͒́ͦ̀͏̝̖̤ḯ̜̫̹̘͎̩̖͖͆̄͆̈̿̏ͯ̿́̉ͮͯ̑̽ͥ́͢g̩̭͎͖̦̪̹̖̘̬̣͍͎̬͙͊̂̐ͥ̓͋̐̂ͧͩ̓ͨͥ̇̇̇ͣ͡ͅn̵̎͋ͬͥ̔҉͉̰̪̳̘̺ï̢͙̖̣̲̤̦̞̬͆̋͛͂̊̾͌̋͋̉̔̎͋̆́̓̆́̚f̸̶̢̝̠͕͖̔͂͋̍̍̏̂i̡̛̞̼͎͖̼̳̱̥̺̼̱̟͙͍ͭ̉̓ͦ̅́͒͆͂̅ͯ̊̌̈́͌́ḛ̵̢̗̠̗̙͍̤͉͈̜̳́͂ͣͨͥ̆͒ͮs̢̟̘͓͉͗ͫ͒͊̔̌̈́̌ͦ͛̚͟ͅ ̢͙̘̺̮̻̱̫̠̻̬͆ͭ̒̊̀͑̏ͣͯ̕͜͝I̾ͣ̌̋͜͏̙͓̞͇̫̥͉̞͍̺̮̟̺̫̮͘͞ ̛̼̰̝̥̘̝̩̯͚̰͔̘̤͒̌͑̉̉͡ͅͅw̐͂͐̾ͩ̅ͪ͒̒͏̶̭̹͔̭̟̥̙̼̣̜̪̲̙͔̳̪aͥ͆̎̈̔̓͊̾͒ͫ͘͏̶̼̟͈̝̭͈̞̜̮̠̹̹͓̩̫ͅn̽̏ͨ̀̄̊̂̒͑҉̴̟̰̪̲̮̙̬̥̞̳̠̺̯̥͕͎͜͠͝ͅt̴̨̛̻͚̝̰̫̠͈̹̪̱̮͇̩̃̋̾̊ͬͧ͜ͅ ̢̗̝̮̺̙̳͓ͫ̓͑͊͋̈ͮ͑̈ͯͣ̆̄̾͌ͭ͟ț̦̥̣͇̗̳̹̻̥̼̭̺͒ͨ̇͋̊ͥͧ̓͆̏̄͆̒ͦ̍̚͜o̷̝̠̝̮͇ͫ͆̐ͬ̏̽̿ͩ̄̒ͧ͒̓ͤ̃̈ͥ͜͢͝e͋ͮ̃͂͊͒̓ͪͮͦ͂̒̇͛͊̑́͘҉̜̻͎͖̦͚̩͓̪̦̘̝̖̪̭͇͕͜å̴̴̡̦̯͕̩̮̓̓ͦ́̊̎ͥ͂ͨ̇́̚͡t̵͕̠̟̖̦̆͊͐ͥ̊͒͆͌ͩ͂͗ͩ̏ͧ͢͠ ̧̡̲̪͙̤̼̺̤͚͎̫̬̙̥̓̿̔̒͑̈̽͒͑y̡̧͖͉̙̺͆ͦ͌̈́̑͗͑ͤ̀̀͟ỏͭͪ̓̒̃͊̓̓̊ͫͤͣ͆͗͏̢҉̠͓͎̰̰̙̗͓̤̻̳̲ͅų̸̨̲̥͕̠͇̬͈͉̦̣͙ͨ̊ͤ̿̀͑̏̽̚ͅr̸̨̧̛̼͇̟̝̻̯̙̗̜̝͓̂ͧͭ͋̆̏͆̓ͅ ̵̸̶̢̲̱̟̘̠͕̫̮̘̤͓̖̻̬̹̊͛͆̎̅͋̐ͥ̉̇ͨͧ͂̄̽͌ͯ̈́s̵̸͕͇̙̹͓̯̟̝̺̹̹̗͎̼͇̖̔̔̿ͤͅo̡͓̥͎̱̖̬̦̫̠̜̞͕̳̤̱̙̊͑̇̅ͯ̇ͥ͟͝͞u̶̧̢̳͎̘̲̙̝͕̲̟̙͎͙̮̟̳̇̽͂̒ͤ̎̀̄ͨ̽̑ͤl̡̝̞̰̣̻̰͇͔̃ͫ̇̉ͣ̾ͨ̃̾̓́͝?̨̧͉͕̥͎̘͕̰̣̹̫̮̥̥̲̙̆̔̆͌͋̏ͭͨ̽̿̍̃͌̽͞
    Edited by Lava_Croft on December 16, 2014 3:25AM
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave my flappy flaps alone ZoS... if anything take away from the reflected damage. Dont ruin our ability to tank. After all isn't that the DK roll or did you want all DK's to be stick wielding monkeys spamming bats and wearing dresses. Leave us some choices ffs

DK Srcub rant over
  • Kromus
    Kromus
    ✭✭✭

Also in case you dont know Eclipse reflects soul assault not only DK's reflect ultimates right? but in this case you guys have a prob with the DK's cause u dont have anything better to do .I would preffer being able to reflect soul assault that is twice lethal as 4 x shooting stars... L2P
    Also in case you dont know No2 blazing shield bugs(exploit?) and reflects all projectiles the first 2-3 sec of cast that does not annoy you cause u didnt even notice it right?

This is not quite true or at least we can say it depends on situation. Unless Eclipse is on DK you don't have much choice in your range class abilities to do damage. Sun fire, javelin and solar flare gets reflected and only left is mediocre damage from Spear shard aoe, or to go melee with Puncturing strikes and use Blazing shield for protection and some damage.

Personally, don't see problem in it as we (templars) still have option to counter RS and/or do some damage in periods when we can't apply Eclipse. That is cool thing, as it is not guaranteed counter since it depends on current DK immunity status whether you can apply it or not, which gives better fights overall.

Eclipse reflecting Soul Assault is neat ability and by my opinion right where it should be in class balance, due to:
    - it can only reflect one Soul strike as you would hardly have time to cast it on two targets using SS on you

Don't think what you say for BS reflecting all projectiles for first 2-3 seconds is true in normal conditions. Can you please elaborate a bit how you got to that conclusion?

I dont know how it bugs-exploits and reflects back projectiles but as far as i know there was a patch that fixed random dk and templar reflects without any ability active to be responsible for that reflect. I remember how and why dk rs were buging but honestly i aint gonna give you that kind of tip for an exploit..

A templar solo on a keep wall at real life dawn reflecting crystal shards so i gone back and put on my skills crushing shock that i know its being reflected and guess what.. It was comming back at me lol

Also a templar has no reason to spam blazin shield on a keep wall like some dk's do. Im more than 100% sure of what ive seen and to be honest its not the first time that blazing shield reflects back at me lol

If you work it out

My question was to give us some feedback about how can you be sure its Blazing Shield that reflected your spells. Did it show Blazing Shield at death recap even tho you were out of range for it to hit you? Are you sure Templar you are talking about did not have Defensive Posture under that blazing shield? How many people were hitting that Templar at same time as you did? A lot of useful info is missing in order to evaluate whether what you are saying is correct or not, and not to blindly trust what your eyes saw.

Saying how Templar have no reason to use BS at specific location is just absurd. BS is supposed to absorb incoming damage and you were damaging him, thus there is a reason for Templar to use it. It matters none is it at wall, flag, open field etc.
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spangla wrote: »
    ZOS

Cripple - Why is this being reflected its a DOT. It most certainly is not a projectile.

Funnel Health - "Funnels Health FROM the Target" Doesnt shoot anything at it, takes health FROM why is this being reflected?

Just because? Its dk skill so this is fine?

IF i say..IF you look at the screen when you cast a projectile leaves fromy you and goes to the target. Something that does not happen with sorcs curse and thunder.

l2p,cry less and you might avoid your destiny: constantly-buffed-crying-Nightblades and all classes nubsniping allover

Genuine lol

I wouldn't expect you to be able to read and understand the tooltip. Surprised you can read at all Nicko.

I can't understand your last paragraph as it looks like it was written by a buffoon.

Oh wait.... It was - Nicko LPS xd

• Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS

Cripple - Why is this being reflected its a DOT. It most certainly is not a projectile.

Funnel Health - "Funnels Health FROM the Target" Doesnt shoot anything at it, takes health FROM why is this being reflected?

IF i say..IF you look at the screen when you cast a projectile leaves fromy you and goes to the target. Something that does not happen with sorcs curse and thunder.

l2p,cry less and you might avoid your destiny: constantly-buffed-crying-Nightblades and all classes nubsniping allover

Genuine lol

I wouldn't expect you to be able to read and understand the tooltip. Surprised you can read at all Nicko.

I can't understand your last paragraph as it looks like it was written by a buffoon.

Mr brain dead with style:

Whatever the tooltip says a projectile leaves from you and goes to the targeted enemy. Is your iq high enough to understand that?

Ps: i speak 3 languages in total you and the other brainless dude that comment my writing are very welcome to speak with me in my main language if you cant speak at all what more from a buffoon will you be?

Think of the last.
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you work it out

My question was to give us some feedback about how can you be sure its Blazing Shield that reflected your spells. Did it show Blazing Shield at death recap even tho you were out of range for it to hit you? Are you sure Templar you are talking about did not have Defensive Posture under that blazing shield? How many people were hitting that Templar at same time as you did? A lot of useful info is missing in order to evaluate whether what you are saying is correct or not, and not to blindly trust what your eyes saw.

Saying how Templar have no reason to use BS at specific location is just absurd. BS is supposed to absorb incoming damage and you were damaging him, thus there is a reason for Templar to use it. It matters none is it at wall, flag, open field etc.

Can you activate defensive posture with a staff? Can you have defensive posture up against almost 10 people at the same time?

And you have no reason to go on a keep wall stand there and use bs.. What for? He was doing nothing else than bs no other skill lol that is not absurd and i did told you this bug was happening before it does happen now again,search past updates there was a fix for random reflects that dk's and templars did without any active skill responsible for those reflects. To say a thing like this on the forums trust me i was there attacking him and watching reflects again and again. What i noticed was that the reflect was happening for the first 2-3 sec? I even tested to wait those seconds and then attack him and was not reflecting back.
    Edited by Nicko_Lps on December 16, 2014 4:32PM
  • Suntzu1414
    Look.

as a fellow NB.
    I can't believe we haven't hijacked this thread(yet/still)...

what the hell is going on!!
    There was a short back and forth about Siphon...
    is that it?? ... comon.

...how about cripple? dark cloak?? blur...
    ...wheres the dedication...

Kill Well.
    ST

DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
    DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
    DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
    DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
    EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
    EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galalin wrote: »
    Leave my flappy flaps alone ZoS... if anything take away from the reflected damage. Dont ruin our ability to tank. After all isn't that the DK roll or did you want all DK's to be stick wielding monkeys spamming bats and wearing dresses. Leave us some choices ffs

DK Srcub rant over

they do that anyways without using a stick lol
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fotm archers complaining about scales without thinking :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q8lcPACNoI
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an archer NB, I recognize that nerfing rs is very dangerous to balance. Bow shots should be reflected as is. Some other spells should have a chance to get through more than they do today.
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS

Genuine lol

Whatever the tooltip says a projectile leaves from you and goes to the targeted enemy. Is your iq high enough to understand that?

Ps: i speak 3 languages in total you and the other brainless dude that comment my writing are very welcome to speak with me in my main language if you cant speak at all what more from a buffoon will you be?

Think of the last.

Then there is a fault with the animation.

• Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS

Genuine lol

Think of the last.

I didn't realise that other languages were not aware of a space-bar?

I'm tired of coming up against DK mindless flaming and insulting when you point out that their skills are somewhat ridiculous.

I remember the bash threads:) Anyone who suggested nerf was evil and a victim of l2b nub crap.

L2P is a cop out defense of an indefensible position

Edited by Spangla on December 17, 2014 10:42AM
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS

Genuine lol

Think of the last.

I'm tired of coming up against DK mindless flaming and insulting when you point out that their skills are somewhat ridiculous.

I remember the bash threads:) Anyone who suggested nerf was evil and a victim of l2b nub crap.

Bash didn't have anything to do w/ DKs....
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS

Genuine lol

Think of the last.

he didnt say they did :P he just said it is the same thing as the bash adjustment. Bash complaints (lets admit they were justified) meant L2P from the people abusing it. Same thing going on here. DK feel they should be gods, and tell everyone L2P. Or my personal favorite, grab a different weapon.
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS

Genuine lol

Think of the last.

Classic argue for the sake of argue.... Grass isn't green dammit!

• Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bash was available to everyone and nerfing it didnt change anything about class balance.

This is different with reflect. So comparing both is not wise.

>320.000.000 AP
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS

Genuine lol

Think of the last.

Classic argue for the sake of argue.... Grass isn't green dammit!

Was more pointing out that the entire argument is completely irrelevant to the thread, honestly.

But hey, on the topic of Scales, the ability will still be 4x more powerful than the 1h&s version while still reflecting all projectiles, instead of just magical ones.

And it's not limited to a single target (and CC breakable) like Eclipse.

I'd be more comfortable w/ raising the limit of reflected projectiles to 6, but the ability is still incredibly powerful either way.
  • Gargragrond
    Gargragrond
    ✭✭✭

But hey, on the topic of Scales, the ability will still be 4x more powerful than the 1h&s version while still reflecting all projectiles, instead of just magical ones.

Well, the s&b reflect lasts 7 times longer, costs 40% less resources, and provides significant block damage & cost reduction. But yes, sadly it does not reflect arrows, you'd almost never need scales if it did. :(

• Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, the s&b reflect lasts 7 times longer, costs 40% less resources, and provides significant block damage & cost reduction. But yes, sadly it does not reflect arrows, you'd almost never need scales if it did. :(

The S&B reflect can last 7 times longer, or it can be gone as soon as you use it if you get hit by any magical projectile.

Obviously Scales is far more powerful because it continues reflecting projectiles for the entire duration, which is short to compensate.

It is a very nice ability, I wasn't trying to diminish the 1h&s version's usefulness, just pointing out that Scales is still going to be pretty strong. It's just closer in balance to the other reflect abilities after the nerf, imo.

I'll still be using it to protect my arrows, just like I've done since early access. : P
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The S&B reflect can last 7 times longer, or it can be gone as soon as you use it if you get hit by any magical projectile.

Obviously Scales is far more powerful because it continues reflecting projectiles for the entire duration, which is short to compensate.

It is a very nice ability, I wasn't trying to diminish the 1h&s version's usefulness, just pointing out that Scales is still going to be pretty strong. It's just closer in balance to the other reflect abilities after the nerf, imo.

I'll still be using it to protect my arrows, just like I've done since early access. : P
    For big fights yes. For small fights (1v1) the s&b version is already better because of the duration. 4 seconds is nothing and noone with a brain would shoot the big reflect wings.

>320.000.000 AP
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If you work it out

blazing shield does not reflect spells.

i have played since beta, and not one time have i ever witnessed blazing shields reflecting ranged projectiles of any kind
    Edited by Cody on December 18, 2014 3:36AM
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That sounds like a really excessive nerf. Why not just leave it the way it is now and boost the cost so that it isn't spammable? Seems like the obvious solution to me.