The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

REFLECTIVE SCALES NEEDS NERF

• Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorthax wrote: »

unreflectable attacks? ROFL! those exist?? Because as a true caster class (no melee what so ever OR bows) those things dont exist. Oh do you mean AoE? PATHETIC damage and easily avoidable. RS would NOT be as OP as it is IF ZoS would switch around what can and cant be reflected. It literally was that simple for ZoS to do.

That being said; I do not have ANY faith that ZoS will address the real issue of RS. Hell even the S&B skill reflects the same things as RS. Meteor, crushing shock, sometimes pet explosions (back when they did damage), Over load, the list goes on and on. So do tell me how a caster class whos character is NOT running melee should break their character style and be forced to use a weapon set they dont want to in order to be able to counter 2 moves. *grabs popcorn*

Dude, you are being overly dramatic. In a thread where everyone is telling the DK to "learn to adapt" and use other skills, you keep insisting that mages are helpless against DKs because there are no range attacks that can't be reflected that does not fit your "style."

I'm sorry to say, but that's not just stubbornness, but just plain wrong. For most mages out there, RS was an annoyance, an inconvenience that they can counter without picking up a two-handed sword or a shield.

Screenshot_20140823_190034_zpsacf7b4b0.png

Not saying I want to use range. If you read what I wrote, I say the ONLY build to help fight a DK is the build I mentioned :D Not being overly dramatic, I am pointing out the glaring issue of how weak everything else is. The build I am using is NOT the build I want to use. No where near it. I use it because it is the ONLY thing to help semi fight a DK.

Yes mages (sorcs) are helpless for the most part against DK's. I am not a bad player by any means. Tell me then, how are mages not helpless. I would seriously like to know. I know how to play the build I am using (again NOT the one I want) but would seriously like to hear your opinion. Because I should not be forced into using weapons I dont want to use just to counter something. There should be more than one way around it.

Show me one setup that does any decent damage to a DK and I will never comment on this thread again (as a sorc). Without using melee or bows. Go for it. Also don't tell me I am being over dramatic please. I am just sick of people trying to defend a obviously broken mechanic. I wish the game was balanced. I really do. 1.6 will either balance it or it wont. time will tell.

Thanks for saying what you said though. It shows that
    Armitas wrote: »
    Kromus wrote: »

Nop, you are talking about diving solo into zerg and I realized that in your latest post, so not sure what's the point of this discussion if you are here to defend such state of play. No lone player should be able to fight zerg and live to talk about it after, unless he ran away on time or its emperor facing noobs. I'm talking about normal pvp where similar sized groups would face each other. You are talking about "execute levels of hp to use it efficiently" and I'm talking on getting at least one heal I cast for myself and not for all to go to some random players nearby when I'm at ~5% hp.

If it's a group of bads then it should be possible. That is essentially what every 1vX is. Seen any good 1vX's against No Mercy? Of course not, because they are good. Yeah we are talking about pushing into a group solo because we have to if we want to use our class damagers...because all our class damagers are melee. Yeah if you are standing beside your buddies they might take your heal, so sorry about that. However we are talking about DKs in the middle of the zerg because they have to be there if they want to use class damagers. This thread has nothing to do with your woes as a templar beside the rest of the group.
    Nop, I did math before official info about nerf in 1.6 but it doesn't matter for discussion anyway as we are talking about current state of game and not what could be in 1.6 or later.
    The current state of the game is that it is being nerfed. Why put up a page of math if it doesn't even matter for discussion. Have you not realized the discussion has changed since the MOD announced the upcoming nerf? Your math also left out quite a bit of important information.
    Nop, I did not left out shield strength increase with nearby player as we are talking about getting hammered by ranged players which means they would be out of Blazing Shield range to take any damage from it. Only thing I forgot to note is usage of base magicka cost for abilities and not actual at v14, since I did not have access to game at the moment to check, but that changes nothing in what I'm trying to explain. Regarding your statement how ranged players would eventually quit hitting you before they would kill themselves with RS, please don't mix theorycraft with what random player might do or not do in real situation. Using same logic, what's stopping players to move away from Blazing Shield? They can move away from its radius and keep shooting at me, while for RS they need to stop shooting at all, because RS don't have radius and complies only to range of attacking ability, right? Btw, Etaniel posted funny video above showing opposite of what you are saying.

I am assuming that if you are going to go zerg diving you will use a gap closer like any reasonable person would which would mean you are in melee range. What Templar in their right mind would literally walk into the zerg spamming blazing shield to cover the ranged until they reached their target. That is a poor decision, and I have no sympathy for you if you play like that.
    As I already stated twice, we are talking about melee tank archetype who would be in first line of fight, and also you don't need to charge, you can use Fiery Grip. What you are saying would be strong point in case DK don't have any option in game for ranged attacks while Templar do, but that is not the case as you can also combine class and weapon skills like most people do (including Templar ofc). You last sentence... don't we all need to be alive in order to do any kind of damage, no matter from what skill tree damaging ability comes from?
    No we are talking about the FACT that DK has no choice but to enter the fray to use class damagers whereas you don't have to. Let me hear your Temp complaints about pushing the zerg when you actually have to push into the zerg to use class damagers.

Fiery grip is broken due to exploiters not to mention blockable, and not workable with CC immunity. Please try out fiery grip and let me know how that turns out. Even if it works they will roll, roll then gone and you can't pull them back.

Yes we all have to be alive to do damage, what is your point?

---

Dude, there is a reasonable limit in 1vX one should expect to experience or see, like 1v3, 1v5, 7, 10 at most, not 1v20 or how big zerg is, which would be clear evidence something is badly wrong with game balance. How bad zerg can be for not to kill you in a mere minute? You can bring down some of them with you, but eventually you have to go down unless you bail out on time or support arrives.

PVE and PVP are different aspects of the game but most rules applies in both cases, so lets transfer what you are saying into PVE surrounding. This is a game where tank is not supposed to tank everything at same time in PVE (like they usually do in other mmo's), but yet you assume its perfectly normal to "tank" everything in PVP? Sure, I as melee templar "tank" can wrack havoc in enemy line pretty much like DK, but I don't expect to last long unless I bail out before all focus fire on me. Same with other melee classes/builds, except DK who can create puddle of doom for insane melee damage and at same time reflect all projectiles without sweat, no matter is it 2, 22 or 222 projectiles flying toward his face.

One of the differences between good and bad players is in good one know or can sense when to "bailout" when it gets too hot in center of fight, to consolidate and charge again or push in other direction. That's how things should be and not to handle single class complete immunity to most range attacks, without any diminishing returns or limitations except cost of ability. And for effectiveness you can check again my, by your opinion, useless math. You mentioned I'm missing some elements in my calculation so feel free to add up, don't just say how is not complete and leave it on that.

Did 1 DK wipe your zerg of 20? Be honest. You do know it only takes 1 person to kill a DK right?

It actually is your responsibility to manage the trash waves as a pve tank, and boss trash waves. If you are not, you are not doing all you can as a tank. Yes it is perfectly normal to have forward tanks in PvP. Forward tanks harass the other side and their healer so that your dps can fire freely.

I'm sorry, "Puddle of Doom" that does "insane melee damage"? No clue what you are talking about here. Let me know how much damage the "puddle of doom" does as well.

One of the differences between good players and bad players is being prepared. As in "I know DK's can reflect so I am going to include a build that can handle that".

It's your math, you add it up right. I told you what you left out, if you want to use it, you make it right.

Sorry but to say alter your build to combat ONE class among many (but lets be honest, a VAST majority of the pvp pop IS DK) is just asinine. The ONLY sorc build (and dont you dare tell me to go melee because I am a mage through and through) is:
    streak/deadrice curse/crystal fragment/mages fury/inner light(I use shattering prison sometimes instead of inner light). Could I do AoE? yea I could, but the damage is laughable. So where does that leave a sorc caster? Crushing shock? Reflected, Destructive reach? Reflected. Crystal fragments (we use it) reflected. Pets? HAHAHAHAH! Mines? Here let me walk around those and laugh at how much magicka you just wasted.

So please be just like every other DK and say build around it, or go S&B, or tell us to L2P. You guys will never admit how broken it is lol That one skill reflects everything almost. Ultimates are supposed to feel, you know, Ultimate. Yet the DK can spam batswarm and SoM (the pool that was being discussed) like it is just another skill. (not just dk, but anyone who uses vamp can do it honestly DK are just better at it) all while reflecting one of the sorcs, and meteor.

The broken mechanics of the DK+S&B+VAMP is just so crazy strong (even without vamp)that there is literally NO down side to it. No opening of attack, no weak spot, nothing. Please though, all the DK defending this, keep telling us to L2P. Meanwhile I have accepted my role as cannon fodder while the "forward tank" does all the work.

The only thing you can do is literally wait for them to run out of stamina (should that ever happen). Most the time you die first before it happens. I will however say that fighting a DK is fun for one reason. When they FINALLY die, I tea bag the freaking crap out of them.

EVERYONE has to make their build based on the other classes, no exceptions. Even the DK has to do this. Oh but you don't want to go melee, you refuse to have it on your bar because you want to play a pew pew mage. Guess what, i don't want invade on my bar but I got to have it because you will bolt away if I don't. I don't want to craft detect pots but guess what I have to cause they will stealth away. Don't make excuses, make the changes you need to make just like everyone else has to do for every class skill in the game.

There is no super secret ultimate gen sauce for the DK, we build it just like everyone else. An no it's not through mountains blessing. Anyone can use bats, you got problem with bats, go start a nerf bats thread. This is about reflective scales.

FYI killing a players stamina is the key to winning in this game if you haven't figured that out. That is what you should be doing, not QQing about it because you just want to stand around and mash pew pew to win. PvP in this game is about using your head.

No i do not want to stand around and pew pew things. Never once said that, I also stated I would be ok with reflective scales having infinite reflect if it had a penalty that allowed for an opening. yes you do use a gap closer not for getting people with teleport but because it works against everyone. Dont tell me that I am qq'ing because I am pointing out the huge advantage!

I have adjusted my bar many MANY times. The only one that truly works (and it is still debatable) is the one I listed. Also yes DK build it way faster. Do not try to pretend like they dont.

You say pvp is about using your head, but I digress as it is clearly obvious that there is no brain power going into playing a DK lol none. Cast reflect (cuz well we know why), hold block 100% of the time, spam skills. That is what you call using your head?
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    People who think that being a good DK requires nothing but random button pressing are just silly.
  • Nijjion
    Nijjion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    People who think that being a good DK requires nothing but random button pressing are just silly.

Not like Temps can do it easier... they need to only press 1 button when DKs have to press more :)
    NijjijjioN - DK - AR27
    NijjioN - NB -
    Daggerfall Covenant
    The Nice Guys Guild
    EverQuest -> Dark Age of Camelot -> Ragnarok Online -> Cabal Online -> Guild Wars 1 -> Warhammer Online -> Vindictus -> SWTOR -> Tera -> Guild Wars 2 -> Elder Scrolls Online ->

Eagerly awaiting Camelot Unchained.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can get a lot father with random button pressing on a DK than you can with other classes. Especially if half the buttons you press on a sorc send your projectiles back at you.

No one is saying that the top DKs are random button pressers. Its that average DKs can beat better players from other classes by pressing 2-3 buttons.

A mediocre DK can easily beat an average NB. An average DK easily can beat an good sorc. It takes a top sorc to beat a good DK.

The skill thresholds for the classes are not equal.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on December 13, 2014 12:23AM
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You can get a lot father with random button pressing on a DK than you can with other classes. Especially if half the buttons you press on a sorc send your projectiles back at you.

No one is saying that the top DKs are random button pressers. Its that average DKs can beat better players from other classes by pressing 2-3 buttons.

A mediocre DK can easily beat an average NB. An average DK easily can beat an good sorc. It takes a top sorc to beat a good DK.

That's not how it works, that's not how any of this works.
    You want to tell me that a good NB would lose against a mediocre DK? Then it's not a good NB, dude.
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »

That's not how it works, that's not how any of this works.
    You want to tell me that a good NB would lose against a mediocre DK? Then it's not a good NB, dude.

You are confusing output with input. The success of a fight vs. the amount of skill or effort put in.

By your definitions, a good NB would win roughly 50% of all fights against a good DK. It is also telling that you are using "beating a DK" as a gold standard to measure a NB against.

What I am saying is that the skill/effort (input threshold) for a NB or sorc, must be higher than that of a DK to achieve the same output. By input threshold, I mean things like resource management, situational awareness, "twitch factor", etc.

You are simply equating the two and defining the skill of a NB by his ability to beat a DK which proves my point.

If my skill is judged high if I can easily beat DKs, then we are accepting DKs as the gold standard in combat.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

As i said already, ignorant and arrogant. You have a problem in understanding context of what is being said in this discussion and replying with first thing that cross your mind without thinking through multiple variables and situation one should take into account if want to discuss about balancing abilities.
    For a guy who keeps calling me ignorant it sure does seem odd to hear you call me arrogant. Unlike your math I am considering multiple variables and situations. And post after post you try to exclude those variables from discussion saying they don't apply to this discussion.
    I will give you some pointers how shallow statements you make, and conclude this discussion from my side, as I don't see point in wasting my time on it anymore...

* Yeah it is a discussion about that too, because if you can kill a DK even with RS then it makes a good case as to it be balanced. - lol

* I asked Because you said a DK shouldn't be able to do 1v20. - lol, but anyway not only DK, any single player

- Yes part of being an effective tank is "grabbing" everything you can - There is a huge difference between "grabbing everyting" and "grabbing everything you can"

Cinder does like 30 damage, talons does pitiful dot damage, and banner does around 200. - numbers are for one player? cumulative for all players affected? per player? per second? with how much weapon damage, spell damage etc.

Yes and as I mentioned that no one in their right mind will solo charge a zerg without a gap closer. - rofl, give this man a cigar!

Rest of your reply either have nothing to do with what I said in first place or it simple "I'm awesome, you're stupid."

Kromus out.

- you have no pointer to make
    - Oh so other classes can 1v20 now? Yeah nerf DK, that makes tons of sense. Good job destroying your case.
    - It is your responsibility to grab everything you can, with a few exceptions it is commonly possible to do that. If you are not able to do that you need to change your build or look at some guides.
    - Those are typical damage numbers. You said they do insane damage so you should be prepared to answer that yourself....In fact I asked you to do so, no small wonder you failed to do so. So please tell us about how you die to the insane damage from the "puddle of doom" because you stand in it after you literally walk over to the zerg without a gap closer.
    - I really hope you are not EP if these are the types of tactics you use for zerg fighting.
    Edited by Armitas on December 14, 2014 12:52PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    EVERYONE has to make their build based on the other classes, no exceptions. Even the DK has to do this. Oh but you don't want to go melee, you refuse to have it on your bar because you want to play a pew pew mage. Guess what, i don't want invade on my bar but I got to have it because you will bolt away if I don't. I don't want to craft detect pots but guess what I have to cause they will stealth away. Don't make excuses, make the changes you need to make just like everyone else has to do for every class skill in the game.

There is no super secret ultimate gen sauce for the DK, we build it just like everyone else. An no it's not through mountains blessing. Anyone can use bats, you got problem with bats, go start a nerf bats thread. This is about reflective scales.

FYI killing a players stamina is the key to winning in this game if you haven't figured that out. That is what you should be doing, not QQing about it because you just want to stand around and mash pew pew to win. PvP in this game is about using your head.

No i do not want to stand around and pew pew things. Never once said that, I also stated I would be ok with reflective scales having infinite reflect if it had a penalty that allowed for an opening. yes you do use a gap closer not for getting people with teleport but because it works against everyone. Dont tell me that I am qq'ing because I am pointing out the huge advantage!

I have adjusted my bar many MANY times. The only one that truly works (and it is still debatable) is the one I listed. Also yes DK build it way faster. Do not try to pretend like they dont.

You say pvp is about using your head, but I digress as it is clearly obvious that there is no brain power going into playing a DK lol none. Cast reflect (cuz well we know why), hold block 100% of the time, spam skills. That is what you call using your head?

Oh really? You know last time I checked Critical charge doesn't knock down players. Why do you think I said invade specifically?....Because of the knock down. So yeah I have to put that on my bar if I want to have any chance at chasing a sorc and killing him. But I'm sure it's different for you because you should have to organize your bar based on the other classes.

Ok then tell me how they build it "way faster"? I know that you have a build that can kill DKs, and you agree sorcs can kill DKs. Your issue is that " it takes a long loooooooooong time". Like it doesn't take a long time to kill a sorc chasing it across the map. You have the tools to win, use them. Don't QQ to get another class nerfed because you can't be bothered to spend the time to kill him.

Yeah the DK you say 30 of your friends could not kill has no brain power... Let me tell you there was a significant lack of brain power that day but it wasn't the DK. Was there no big bad DK in that group of 30 that could have scared of the boogeyman who leaped onto the wall? Oh I guess the DKs in that group of 30 didn't have the brain power...
    Edited by Armitas on December 13, 2014 12:41PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Night-claw
    Night-claw
    ✭✭✭

for once i agree with what you've wrote :open_mouth:

Edited by Night-claw on December 13, 2014 2:08PM
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nop, you are talking about diving solo into zerg and I realized that in your latest post, so not sure what's the point of this discussion if you are here to defend such state of play. No lone player should be able to fight zerg and live to talk about it after, unless he ran away on time or its emperor facing noobs. I'm talking about normal pvp where similar sized groups would face each other. You are talking about "execute levels of hp to use it efficiently" and I'm talking on getting at least one heal I cast for myself and not for all to go to some random players nearby when I'm at ~5% hp.

If it's a group of bads then it should be possible. That is essentially what every 1vX is. Seen any good 1vX's against No Mercy? Of course not, because they are good. Yeah we are talking about pushing into a group solo because we have to if we want to use our class damagers...because all our class damagers are melee. Yeah if you are standing beside your buddies they might take your heal, so sorry about that. However we are talking about DKs in the middle of the zerg because they have to be there if they want to use class damagers. This thread has nothing to do with your woes as a templar beside the rest of the group.
    Nop, I did math before official info about nerf in 1.6 but it doesn't matter for discussion anyway as we are talking about current state of game and not what could be in 1.6 or later.
    The current state of the game is that it is being nerfed. Why put up a page of math if it doesn't even matter for discussion. Have you not realized the discussion has changed since the MOD announced the upcoming nerf? Your math also left out quite a bit of important information.
    Nop, I did not left out shield strength increase with nearby player as we are talking about getting hammered by ranged players which means they would be out of Blazing Shield range to take any damage from it. Only thing I forgot to note is usage of base magicka cost for abilities and not actual at v14, since I did not have access to game at the moment to check, but that changes nothing in what I'm trying to explain. Regarding your statement how ranged players would eventually quit hitting you before they would kill themselves with RS, please don't mix theorycraft with what random player might do or not do in real situation. Using same logic, what's stopping players to move away from Blazing Shield? They can move away from its radius and keep shooting at me, while for RS they need to stop shooting at all, because RS don't have radius and complies only to range of attacking ability, right? Btw, Etaniel posted funny video above showing opposite of what you are saying.

I am assuming that if you are going to go zerg diving you will use a gap closer like any reasonable person would which would mean you are in melee range. What Templar in their right mind would literally walk into the zerg spamming blazing shield to cover the ranged until they reached their target. That is a poor decision, and I have no sympathy for you if you play like that.
    As I already stated twice, we are talking about melee tank archetype who would be in first line of fight, and also you don't need to charge, you can use Fiery Grip. What you are saying would be strong point in case DK don't have any option in game for ranged attacks while Templar do, but that is not the case as you can also combine class and weapon skills like most people do (including Templar ofc). You last sentence... don't we all need to be alive in order to do any kind of damage, no matter from what skill tree damaging ability comes from?
    No we are talking about the FACT that DK has no choice but to enter the fray to use class damagers whereas you don't have to. Let me hear your Temp complaints about pushing the zerg when you actually have to push into the zerg to use class damagers.

Fiery grip is broken due to exploiters not to mention blockable, and not workable with CC immunity. Please try out fiery grip and let me know how that turns out. Even if it works they will roll, roll then gone and you can't pull them back.

Yes we all have to be alive to do damage, what is your point?

---

Dude, there is a reasonable limit in 1vX one should expect to experience or see, like 1v3, 1v5, 7, 10 at most, not 1v20 or how big zerg is, which would be clear evidence something is badly wrong with game balance. How bad zerg can be for not to kill you in a mere minute? You can bring down some of them with you, but eventually you have to go down unless you bail out on time or support arrives.

PVE and PVP are different aspects of the game but most rules applies in both cases, so lets transfer what you are saying into PVE surrounding. This is a game where tank is not supposed to tank everything at same time in PVE (like they usually do in other mmo's), but yet you assume its perfectly normal to "tank" everything in PVP? Sure, I as melee templar "tank" can wrack havoc in enemy line pretty much like DK, but I don't expect to last long unless I bail out before all focus fire on me. Same with other melee classes/builds, except DK who can create puddle of doom for insane melee damage and at same time reflect all projectiles without sweat, no matter is it 2, 22 or 222 projectiles flying toward his face.

One of the differences between good and bad players is in good one know or can sense when to "bailout" when it gets too hot in center of fight, to consolidate and charge again or push in other direction. That's how things should be and not to handle single class complete immunity to most range attacks, without any diminishing returns or limitations except cost of ability. And for effectiveness you can check again my, by your opinion, useless math. You mentioned I'm missing some elements in my calculation so feel free to add up, don't just say how is not complete and leave it on that.

Did 1 DK wipe your zerg of 20? Be honest. You do know it only takes 1 person to kill a DK right?

It actually is your responsibility to manage the trash waves as a pve tank, and boss trash waves. If you are not, you are not doing all you can as a tank. Yes it is perfectly normal to have forward tanks in PvP. Forward tanks harass the other side and their healer so that your dps can fire freely.

I'm sorry, "Puddle of Doom" that does "insane melee damage"? No clue what you are talking about here. Let me know how much damage the "puddle of doom" does as well.

One of the differences between good players and bad players is being prepared. As in "I know DK's can reflect so I am going to include a build that can handle that".

It's your math, you add it up right. I told you what you left out, if you want to use it, you make it right.

Sorry but to say alter your build to combat ONE class among many (but lets be honest, a VAST majority of the pvp pop IS DK) is just asinine. The ONLY sorc build (and dont you dare tell me to go melee because I am a mage through and through) is:
    streak/deadrice curse/crystal fragment/mages fury/inner light(I use shattering prison sometimes instead of inner light). Could I do AoE? yea I could, but the damage is laughable. So where does that leave a sorc caster? Crushing shock? Reflected, Destructive reach? Reflected. Crystal fragments (we use it) reflected. Pets? HAHAHAHAH! Mines? Here let me walk around those and laugh at how much magicka you just wasted.

So please be just like every other DK and say build around it, or go S&B, or tell us to L2P. You guys will never admit how broken it is lol That one skill reflects everything almost. Ultimates are supposed to feel, you know, Ultimate. Yet the DK can spam batswarm and SoM (the pool that was being discussed) like it is just another skill. (not just dk, but anyone who uses vamp can do it honestly DK are just better at it) all while reflecting one of the sorcs, and meteor.

The broken mechanics of the DK+S&B+VAMP is just so crazy strong (even without vamp)that there is literally NO down side to it. No opening of attack, no weak spot, nothing. Please though, all the DK defending this, keep telling us to L2P. Meanwhile I have accepted my role as cannon fodder while the "forward tank" does all the work.

The only thing you can do is literally wait for them to run out of stamina (should that ever happen). Most the time you die first before it happens. I will however say that fighting a DK is fun for one reason. When they FINALLY die, I tea bag the freaking crap out of them.

>L2P<
  • Milf_Hero
    Milf_Hero
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe what is broken is what skills are reflected, like crushing shock. definitely should not be reflected. Things that are literally a stream of something, and not one solid flying piece like crystal shards, should not be reflect-able. Ultimate's should not be reflected even if it is a solid flying piece of something because on the logic that reflective scales is a normal ability and ultimates are ULTIMATES. And maybe for your class @nicko_lps with the overhaul of abilities they should give you less ranged projectiles as the only things sorcs have in their arsenal. Either they buff pets or destroy that whole pathetic skill line and make it something else. I think having to click a button every 4 seconds to reflect projectiles is sensible and not broken. What they need to do is allow people to have more build varieties that work not only from a distance if your not a dk or Templar. Cuz seriously, lets be honest. Light armor, staffs, sword and board, medium armor and bow and the is PVP. that's about the depth of build varieties across the game as a whole. You use 4 or so class abilities with the same morphs and skills every one else is using in the listed non class base skill lines I listed above. There is usually one right way to do it and no other sensible way to do it. So when dk uses reflective scales and it cancels out most of the handful of ranged abilities in this small pool of abilities we have, then yeah. I guess it seems just a little OP. IF some one defined projectile as everything that flies through the air and not things that fly in the air that are small and or short linear objects that fly through the air.
    You name it, and ill kill it.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do wonder if some people on here have a macro for L2P and other such FOTM retorts. :)
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding this entire thread...

arguecat.png
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still can't kill DK's. I don't think the nerf made a difference, so there.
    PC EU
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The nerf isn't in the game yet. And if you're having trouble killing DKs now, the nerf won't change a thing for you, unless you have a couple of buddies also shooting at the DK. For 1v1 though, it won't make a difference.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You are a Templar correct? Cast Unstable Core on any DK who cast Reflect and have fun. Nothing can be reflected more than twice so what gets sent back to you, then back to the DK (cause of Unstable Core) will hit him.

• Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »

You are a Templar correct? Cast Unstable Core on any DK who cast Reflect and have fun. Nothing can be reflected more than twice so what gets sent back to you, then back to the DK (cause of Unstable Core) will hit him.

Unstable core is great although it cant be used on people blocking or using immovable. But other than that it is quite effective.

I like to hang back with my templar healer and keep it permanently on any notorious 1vXers. It usually melts them. Reflects all the DoTs from fire ring and other AoEs as well.

So funny how the mighty DK can't fight 10 people if they aren't immune to 70% of the games damage. Imagine that.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nicko_Lps wrote: »
    constantly-buffed-crying-Nightblades
    How are Nightblades 'constantly buffed'?

NBs have not been constantly buffed.

I'v been around since beta, played this game for 5+ months straight; and i can tell you, NBs have not been constantly buffed.

Anyone that says they have has no idea what they are talking about.
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightblade is the only class that is not worse now than at launch (looking at class skills; Changes to Cycle of Life, Sharpened, Harness Magicka affected everyone). This is working out as some sort of buff. Somehow.

This is not true.
    On a DK you need to use several skills to get enough ultimate to keep your resources up.
    Sorceror is hard to play as you are very squishy without s&b and since Sorcs are lacking class aoe you can't really play with s&b.
    But for both, Templar and Nightblade can go on with far less skills. There is absolutely no skill needed.

Vamp Templar: Devouring Swarm, Blazing Shield
    Normal Templar: Empowering Sweep, Blazing Shield
    Vamp Nightblade: Clouding Swarm, Sap Essence
    Normal Nightblade: Veil of Blade, Sap Essence
    Sypher wrote: »

The nerf isn't in the game yet. And if you're having trouble killing DKs now, the nerf won't change a thing for you, unless you have a couple of buddies also shooting at the DK. For 1v1 though, it won't make a difference.
    This isn't fully correct either. Using animation cancelling you can shoot more than 4 projectiles in 4 seconds.
    Edited by Sanct16 on December 14, 2014 2:16AM
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only class that really needs a buff are sorcs. All other classes are fine and shouldn't be nerfed. Just make sorcs stronger and everyone is on the same level if the right builds are used.
    Edited by Sanct16 on December 14, 2014 2:18AM
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templar is also stronger than they were at launch, a bit. NB is just the most dramatic improvement.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone notice how most of the people complaining about the Scales nerf were the same ones whining and advocating for a BE nerf?

Karma sucks, doesn't it?
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    Anyone notice how most of the people complaining about the Scales nerf were the same ones whining and advocating for a BE nerf?

Karma sucks, doesn't it?

:D
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ***_Hero wrote: »
    Maybe what is broken is what skills are reflected, like crushing shock. definitely should not be reflected. Things that are literally a stream of something, and not one solid flying piece like crystal shards, should not be reflect-able. Ultimate's should not be reflected even if it is a solid flying piece of something because on the logic that reflective scales is a normal ability and ultimates are ULTIMATES. And maybe for your class @nicko_lps with the overhaul of abilities they should give you less ranged projectiles as the only things sorcs have in their arsenal. Either they buff pets or destroy that whole pathetic skill line and make it something else. I think having to click a button every 4 seconds to reflect projectiles is sensible and not broken. What they need to do is allow people to have more build varieties that work not only from a distance if your not a dk or Templar. Cuz seriously, lets be honest. Light armor, staffs, sword and board, medium armor and bow and the is PVP. that's about the depth of build varieties across the game as a whole. You use 4 or so class abilities with the same morphs and skills every one else is using in the listed non class base skill lines I listed above. There is usually one right way to do it and no other sensible way to do it. So when dk uses reflective scales and it cancels out most of the handful of ranged abilities in this small pool of abilities we have, then yeah. I guess it seems just a little OP. IF some one defined projectile as everything that flies through the air and not things that fly in the air that are small and or short linear objects that fly through the air.

A sorc dont need to use projectiles vs a DK
    A templar dont need to use projectiles vs DK
    A Nightblade dont need to use projectiles vs DK

What can be reflected? Dont use it. Its not the DK fault if you guys wanna spam projectiles in case u dont know most non DK's are running absorb magic or the other morph.
    As about the meteor yes,it even annoyies me when its reflected cause i use it but thats a problem i have myself and theres ALWAYS a dk to relfect it back in between 20 people...And blame ZoS for this not the dk.

Also in case you dont know Eclipse reflects soul assault not only DK's reflect ultimates right? but in this case you guys have a prob with the DK's cause u dont have anything better to do .I would preffer being able to reflect soul assault that is twice lethal as 4 x shooting stars... L2P

So its a classic L2P scenario either if you realize it or not.
    As about crushing shock when i see someone using it solo against me i just let him feeling safe to cast it 5-6 times waste 1000+ magica then jump on it without rs,i wouldnt waste 350 magica to reflect 250-300 damage :/ You may use crushing shock vs the atronach or the whispmother on trials but those dont have brains,its not the thing to use on pvp specially vs a dk. i really wonder why non DK classes that have ranged attacks and projectiles use that skill < --- L2P
    Edited by Nicko_Lps on December 14, 2014 6:38AM
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ***_Hero wrote: »

A sorc dont need to use projectiles vs a DK
    A templar dont need to use projectiles vs DK
    A Nightblade dont need to use projectiles vs DK

What can be reflected? Dont use it. Its not the DK fault if you guys wanna spam projectiles in case u dont know most non DK's are running absorb magic or the other morph.
    As about the meteor yes,it even annoyies me when its reflected cause i use it but thats a problem i have myself and theres ALWAYS a dk to relfect it back in between 20 people...And blame ZoS for this not the dk.

Also in case you dont know Eclipse reflects soul assault not only DK's reflect ultimates right? but in this case you guys have a prob with the DK's cause u dont have anything better to do .I would preffer being able to reflect soul assault that is twice lethal as 4 x shooting stars... L2P
    Also in case you dont know No2 blazing shield bugs(exploit?) and reflects all projectiles the first 2-3 sec of cast that does not annoy you cause u didnt even notice it right?

So its a classic L2P scenario either if you realize it or not.
    As about crushing shock when i see someone using it solo against me i just let him feeling safe to cast it 5-6 times waste 1000+ magica then jump on it without rs,i wouldnt waste 350 magica to reflect 250-300 damage :/ You may use crushing shock vs the atronach or the whispmother on trials but those dont have brains,its not the thing to use on pvp specially vs a dk. i really wonder why non DK classes that have ranged attacks and projectiles use that skill < --- L2P
    [/quote]

Edited by Nicko_Lps on December 14, 2014 6:44AM
  • Milf_Hero
    Milf_Hero
    ✭✭✭
    @nicko_Lps lol hey man im on your side. Im also a dk. I thought you were not a dk but a sorc. anyways what i was saying is that I kinda agree with some of the DK haters out there about RS needing an adjustment. ADJUSTMENT as to what is reflected. beams, ultimate's should not be reflected. I do not support the upcoming change to RS but guess nothing can be done about it. As it is written so shall it be. An idea tho @ZOS, is when there is a skill that people think has a problem, instead of making it weaker so that its sucks to use it, why not replace the skill entirely? Make a new skill. That keeps people that have experienced the normal form a RS from experiencing a weaker version of the same skill and introduces new possibilities. Or when you go to nerf the skill buff it in another area. This would be accepted better by all instead of making one group happy and another furious.
    Edited by Milf_Hero on December 14, 2014 7:53AM
    You name it, and ill kill it.
  • duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
    The problem with DK's reflective scale and morph is not the ability itself or the low cost of using it or even the consequence of every DK constantly spamming this ability when near a wall (i.e. before or on top of it) or near resources

The problem is that it has a 100% success chance.

Is this true for any of the other "damage mitigation" skills?
    - Evasion (medium armor is 15% + a max 7% bonus for one morph)
    - Blur (night blade) 15% (one morph adds an extra 15% for 2 seconds)
    Other skills only provide
    - a damage shield (which goes down after (cumulative?) damage is exceeded o
    - provide buffs to spell resistance / armor
    - or reduce the amount of damage actually taken (s. mist form)

What is worse, those reflected projectiles also have a 100% chance to hit the shooter, no matter if line of sight has been broken or even if he is now behind a wall or even inside when it hits.
    This is different to any of the above, purely defensive, skills and what makes this also a highly offensive skill for every situation where it is working as intended (someone is actually shooting at the DK).

This is why the only valid strategy in a situation where you can't go into melee with the DK (up the wall) or shouldn't do so (DK down in the crowd, 'hiding' in the middle of NPCs, etc.) is not to attack at all.

This is poorly balanced. For any skill and situation there should be a valid counter.

Therefore this one would suggest the following idea
    1) reflective scales have an appropriate miss chance
    2) not every reflected projectile hits the shooter
    3) those that hit, never crit
    4) Ensure that dodge, miss, walls, out of range etc. actually work

Together with he strong melee skills, going up against a DK is already a challenge. When you add immunity to ranged attacks into the mix, you only ensure that anyone attacking them is shooting themselves (even with a 20% bonus damage for one morph, including critical).
    This is currently over-powered, especially in PvP / AvA.

As an alternative suggestion
    Keep the 100% chance against projectiles, but ensure that with its wings out / reflective scales active the DK is 100% open (no armor, no spell or other resist) to anything but projectile damage, i.e. melee, siege, ground and area effects. You name it, it hurts.
    Or if that sounds to hard for you, make 100% some other percentage, but both ways, see e.g. the mark target skill.
  • AryaWythers
    AryaWythers
    ✭✭✭
    So funny that 75% of PvP pop runs with bows...then want to qq about reflective scale
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to know why the Nightblade Syphion Swallow Soul is reflected. It is not a projectile. ZOS needs to take a serious look at Reflective Scale
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    I would like to know why the Nightblade Syphion Swallow Soul is reflected. It is not a projectile. ZOS needs to take a serious look at Reflective Scale
    It is a projectile. You can clearly see the Funnel Health and Swallow Soul projectiles zoom around the battlefield.