Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

REFLECTIVE SCALES NEEDS NERF

Goldie
Goldie
✭✭✭✭✭
Spells & Ranged Attacks... May as well reflect ballista fire while we are at it! Remove melee reflect, or spells. FFS the entire EP population is a DK Vamp with bows in one hand and a Impulse spamming Destro staff in the other.

Reflecting spells and ranged, some melee, and for 6-8 seconds, is a little much.

I am surprised the entire population isn't running a DK+Vamp+Bow+Destro...

Impulse +devouring swarm +reflective scales = rinse and repeat

Snipe +Reflective Scales +Poison Arrow, poison arrow, poison arrow...

Oh, and reflecting Ultimates? Do tell...
"Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not just EP, but every DK in the game. It just makes sense to have reflect running until you get into melee.
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dont nerf reflect till they didnt nerf bow.

I know it need ballance, and hope they will adjust that skill, but first the bow. At least DKs have something against lethalspam.
    Edited by Kypho on November 30, 2014 9:38AM
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If Ya see a guy glowing red with wings just don't shoot till it wears off . It's not that big of a deal . You can still sap them with Gandalf wands while its up or melee .
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Increase the Magicka cost like they did on Streak.
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't reflect melee so no idea what you're on about there.

It only reflects for 4 seconds not 6-8. You have two weapon bars, if your build is all range then you have given your self a weakness. Why is it so hard for people to change bar and stop spamming your lethal arrows and crystal fragments at a guy that is quite obviously flapping his big wings?

You cannot or will not adapt therefor something needs nerfing.
    Edited by Orchish on November 30, 2014 10:09AM
  • SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goldie wrote: »
    Spells & Melee... May as well reflect ballista fire while we are at it! Remove melee reflect, or spells. FFS the entire EP population is a DK Vamp with bows in one hand and a Impulse spamming Destro staff in the other.

Reflecting spells and melee, and for 6-8 seconds, is a little much.

I am surprised the entire population isn't running a DK+Vamp+Bow+Destro...

Impulse +devouring swarm +reflective scales = rinse and repeat

Snipe +Reflective Scales +Poison Arrow, poison arrow, poison arrow...

Did you really just say reflective scales reflects melee....... my god I don't even!

MmZfSIH.jpg
    Delta
    Valheru's
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the gripe is because ranged was one of the few mitigating weak spots of the whole DK tank setup so people specced some range so they could avoid the talons, whip, swarm/standard spamming at melee range. Now with a single ability they negate ranged too... And many things seem to fall into the reflection category that seem... odd.

Now if DKs could leap tall buildings in a single bound they'd really be unbalanced... Hmm...
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scales are fine atm, if you see the cast dont use projectiles if you do you re a noob. On the other hand the lethal arrow health debuff stack needs a nerf and soon cause a lot of people get irritated by that idiocy. And this comes from a sorc/templar.
    Member of the glorious Zerg Squad
    Rip Banana Squad

Lheneth -- Sorc PvP Rank 31
    Ellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 50 (No Bleaker's roleplaying involved)
    Smellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 28
    and many other chars

• Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reflect doesn't reflect melee. (Wish it did)

Reflect is 4 seconds, not 6-8. (Wish it was)

By your post reflect clearly needs a buff as you clearly think it does more than it actually does.

Oh to all the reflect haters.. You have plenty of other options besides bows. Come up close and feel my cinder storms :)

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Trolling & Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on December 3, 2014 3:33PM
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it needs to be nerfed into the group but I do feel the skill needs some looking at and tweaks.
    There should defiantly be some skills in the game which are not reflectable as well. Personally I find it silly that ultimates can be reflected, they're meant to be ultimate.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Valnas
    Valnas
    ✭✭✭✭
    nerf the people who kill me. buff me. lalalalala are healing debuffs patched yet
    Fluph Head EP sorc dank magus
    valnäs EP nb
    opHotterslol AD dk
  • Juraigr
    Juraigr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I don't think it needs to be nerfed into the group but I do feel the skill needs some looking at and tweaks.
    There should defiantly be some skills in the game which are not reflectable as well. Personally I find it silly that ultimates can be reflected, they're meant to be ultimate.

Yep reflecting meteor as hilarious as it is, is kinda stupid
    EU Worst DK , Best DK Singapore and NA also known as 'Special Snowflake'

Jurra - V14 Dragonknight Rank 38 August Palatine
    Jurra Hex - V14 Sorcerer Rank 25 Colonel [SEMI-RETIRED until Zos fix this BS sorc nonsense]

LA DK Still OP :P

One of the Three Light Armor DK's

#200StandardOfMightFFS
    #RevertAshCloud
    #RevertNewAnimations
    #RevertUltiGain

#FixMoltenWhip

Grinding my way to August Palatine finally made it, still holding a torch for eso so now imma filthy casual
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Scales has already been nerfed. It reflects neither melee damage nor does it last 6-8 seconds.

#Fixed
    #CloseThread
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orchish wrote: »

It only reflects for 4 seconds not 6-8. You have two weapon bars, if your build is all range then you have given your self a weakness. Why is it so hard for people to change bar and stop spamming your lethal arrows and crystal fragments at a guy that is quite obviously flapping his big wings?

By Melee I mean bows and destro attacks, sorry about that

Edited by Goldie on November 30, 2014 12:53PM
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    Scales has already been nerfed. It reflects neither melee damage nor does it last 6-8 seconds.

#Fixed
    #CloseThread

It reflects bow shots and certain ultimates ie. meteor...

#Notfixed
    #Dkloversunited
  • Nijjion
    Nijjion
    ✭✭✭✭
    If Scales get nerfed, don't forget they will have to buff or create a ranged spell for DKs as they have none. Which every other class does.
    NijjijjioN - DK - AR27
    NijjioN - NB -
    Daggerfall Covenant
    The Nice Guys Guild
    EverQuest -> Dark Age of Camelot -> Ragnarok Online -> Cabal Online -> Guild Wars 1 -> Warhammer Online -> Vindictus -> SWTOR -> Tera -> Guild Wars 2 -> Elder Scrolls Online ->

Eagerly awaiting Camelot Unchained.
  • Suntzu1414
    The abuse of this ability has become ---widespread.

The "real"problem, if you were a DK...
    Is it stops you from thinking, or learning..

All you have to do, is just spam spam spam.
    No need to learn to play...

(not criticism-- when one becomes dependent on a ability...it limits ones further development)

Kill Well
    ST
    DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
    DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
    DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
    DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
    EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
    EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As a spell using sorc pretty common build I'm freaking useless against a reflect spamming DK. I shouldn't have to swap my build out or completely ignore DKs every time I come across one. Fights are awfully long stalemates where all I can do is vel curse or mages fury to not reflect back at myself pretty boring and pretty impossible scales walks over sorcs with staves.
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd wait until lethal arrow debuff is fixed. Also, even though it lasts 4 seconds, can it be spammed faster? If so, I'd like a cool down on it.
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm no DK but as long as Bows are overused like now i'm glad at least one Class can ignore that annoyance.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reflect does not need to be nerfed. I believe every class has abilities that don't reflect.

Okay here is a notice or some information I recently remembered is effective. If you have a Templar in your group have them cast Unstable Core (Eclipse morph) on the DK. When they reflect an attack, it will be sent right back and usually by the time it's sent back to the DK their Reflect has ended.

With that said though I hope that the Reflective Scale spammers realize that DKs are a great class and if you use the other class abilities then you'll experience a whole new way of fighting for DKs and won't be seen as a caveman who can just hit one button.
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    roechacca wrote: »
    If Ya see a guy glowing red with wings just don't shoot till it wears off . It's not that big of a deal . You can still sap them with Gandalf wands while its up or melee .
    30 seconds later? 1 minute later?
    Edited by TheBull on November 30, 2014 2:56PM
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If noone shoots on your reflect you just waste magicka (332 Magicka per Scale cast) and run out of resources.
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    Reflect does not need to be nerfed. I believe every class has abilities that don't reflect.

Okay here is a notice or some information I recently remembered is effective. If you have a Templar in your group have them cast Unstable Core (Eclipse morph) on the DK. When they reflect an attack, it will be sent right back and usually by the time it's sent back to the DK their Reflect has ended.

With that said though I hope that the Reflective Scale spammers realize that DKs are a great class and if you use the other class abilities then you'll experience a whole new way of fighting for DKs and won't be seen as a caveman who can just hit one button.
    I don't think there is any DK who spams reflect. It lasts for 4 seconds and deals no damage. Why should someone spam it?
    And a projectile can be reflected not more than 2 times, so it doesn't matter if their reflect is still up, use Unstable Core and everything will hit them.
    Edited by Sanct16 on November 30, 2014 3:54PM
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KBKB wrote: »

As a spell using sorc pretty common build I'm freaking useless against a reflect spamming DK. I shouldn't have to swap my build out or completely ignore DKs every time I come across one. Fights are awfully long stalemates where all I can do is vel curse or mages fury to not reflect back at myself pretty boring and pretty impossible scales walks over sorcs with staves.

There are some certain spec sorcs out there that wreck my reflect spamming DK. If you shouldn't have to swap certain skills out to counter me, why must i as a melee character swap certain skills out to counter you? I never wanted to play range, that's why i picked a DK at release as they seemed the best class for my melee character. Yet 90% Cyrodiil is range.

Why is it okay for anyone to spam lethal arrow or crystal fragments but it's not okay for me to spam reflect? You have two bars, make use of them both.
  • MiyaTheUnbroken
    MiyaTheUnbroken
    ✭✭✭✭
    roechacca wrote: »

With lag it's impossible to tell when those wings start flapping. Last night I shot someone three times immediately after he flapped (bloodlust), and all three landed. Later, after watching my mark carefully and seeing no wings at all, I shot three times and all three came back to me, and then the wings showed up.

On another note, it's pretty *** that it reflects meteor. That's not a projectile. A projectile is something that is propelled forward. A meteor is not propelled; it is pulled.
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did you guys not see the recent patch notes?
    Elder Scrolls Online Patch 1.5.7

Dragonknight (Draconic Power)

Reflective Scales: This ability no longer reflects melee abilities and only reflects projectiles. We also reduced the duration from 6-8 seconds down to 4 seconds.

Good Job OP... You got it nerfed.. Happy?!
    Edited by Sypher on November 30, 2014 4:15PM
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KBKB wrote: »

There are some certain spec sorcs out there that wreck my reflect spamming DK. If you shouldn't have to swap certain skills out to counter me, why must i as a melee character swap certain skills out to counter you? I never wanted to play range, that's why i picked a DK at release as they seemed the best class for my melee character. Yet 90% Cyrodiil is range.

Why is it okay for anyone to spam lethal arrow or crystal fragments but it's not okay for me to spam reflect? You have two bars, make use of them both.

Please enlighten me on said builds that aren't melee? It's fair enough to roll a sorc and not want to pick up a melee weapon full stop.

When you see 1/2 DKs charging a 20 man zerg and sustaining well off mainly reflect its a sad sight.

I just don't enjoy being completely locked out of a fight with no possible in, I'm more than fine with counter-classes but at least make it a fight?

cast crushing shock relfect, cast shards reflect, cast vel curse wait 4 seconds for 500 damage, cast mage fury do 200dmg prior to execute, light/heavy destro staff attack reflect. The only things that don't get sent back at you from class skills; Tier 1 pet summon, Vel curse, Mages fury, Daedric mines. What do you suggest death of 1000 cuts in a consta caltropped area? its unrealistic and unfair.

my second bar consists of streak (lol block) immovable and heals/purge.

Pretty common build that you can be in a fight with a scale spamming DK (let's face it thats 90% of you) a not get one hit off due to reflect.

• TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OtarTheMad wrote: »
    I don't think there is any DK who spams reflect. It lasts for 4 seconds and deals no damage. Why should someone spam it?
    And a projectile can be reflected not more than 2 times, so it doesn't matter if their reflect is still up, use Unstable Core and everything will hit them.
    let's see 2600 Magicka pool, 2600 + 100 magicka every 2 seconds which gives another 1600 magicka over 32 seconds.

With no warlock or sybian you are looking at 50 seconds of constant reflect of all projectiles.
    Edited by TheBull on November 30, 2014 4:22PM
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you guys not see the recent patch notes?
    Elder Scrolls Online Patch 1.5.7

Dragonknight (Draconic Power)

Reflective Scales: This ability no longer reflects melee abilities and only reflects projectiles. We also reduced the duration from 6-8 seconds down to 4 seconds.

Good Job OP... You got it nerfed.. Happy?!

Wait, they put that in 1.0's patch notes too! This wouldn't be the first time this has happened. . . :neutral_face:
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »

let's see 2600 Magicka pool, 2600 + 100 magicka every 2 seconds which gives another 1600 magicka over 32 seconds.

With no warlock or sybian you are looking at 50 seconds of constant reflect of all projectiles.

Immovable, scales, kiting and resto staff.
    Edited by KBKB on November 30, 2014 4:23PM