Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773
We will be performing maintenance on the PTS on Wednesday at 3:00AM EDT (7:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v1.5.1

• thorspark
    thorspark
    ✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    I totally understand crit-based stamina players (I am one, albeit lowbie) and their fear that this will destroy their class/playstyle - I do.
    But don't you guys think the "one-shot" is over the top? I ask because I'm unsure how to feel about it - it just looks a little silly that you can drop a guy without him ever seeing you... Can't you agree that it needs balance or am I way off?

To resume :
    - It was already a One-Shot before 1.5 as the combo lethal arrow/heavy attack/poison arrow always has dealt a high amount of damage.
    - In 1.5, snipe had a 5% reduced damage which was already a nerf to the burst combo.
    - This works only against :
    • People wearing tissue
    • People not blocking
    • People not having a shield up
    • People taken from back

After some testing, with a NB landing 2 snipes in a row from stealth (instead of the previous combo), the first hits for around 1.6k (2k before), you then have 0.8-1sec to react and break free/block before the next attack.
    The second attack does not benefit from stealth bonus and hits for 600-900 if you're still not blocking.

That was not OP before 1.5, it was just a matter "you play in robe, don't max health and don't block , too bad for you".

The matter here is that most play in a robe because it's OP and it's the way ZOS seems to want people to play.
    And because they're all robe players, they cry when they get hit by physical attacks that hurt them a lot.

Since the launch of the game, Nightblades, over all classes, have been asking for improvements of stamina builds as they want to play rogue style. All other classes have mostly been playing magicka builds and are fine with it.

And the best answer from Zenimax is to nerf stealth damage.
    If you look at it, stealth damage never applied to "spells" neither did it to staves.

So, the nerf to stealth damage is basically a nerf to all those who don't play robe/staff, therefore mainly the NB.

90% of people in Cyrodiil are robe/staves wearers. Do the maths.

DK Vet 12 / NB Vampire Vet 7 / Sorcerer Vet 5 / Templar WW - Guilde Les pochtrons
    Options
  • Milf_Hero
    Milf_Hero
    ✭✭✭
    W8 a minute. 1.5k dps in 6 seconds. is that 250 per second or 1.5k each second? cuz.. I dnt think that is possible with any class or skill line. And if it is. its prolly bybat swarming impulse spamming.
    Edited by Milf_Hero on October 23, 2014 9:02AM
    You name it, and ill kill it.
    Options
  • Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the issue, as I see it. You have players, who front load their toons into big, burst damage. These players have next to no survivability. They're likely to explode if you so much as fart in their general direction. That's your balance, incredible burst damage for no defense except to beat feet or even real sustained dps. Where's the balance for block casting? That's a much more prevalent problem with no immediate drawback. If you have less than 2.3k hp in Cyrodiil, you deserve to get one shotted IMO. My main is a Vamp NB... I had less than 2.4k hp for a while, but I never got hit with a 1 hitter. You want to know why? Because I, as an assassin type, think of all the choke points and ambush spots and adjust accordingly. The problem isn't these massive sneak attacks. It's players' unwillingness to adapt and overcome that leads to "Wah!! Blankety blank killed me with blank!!! So OP, please nerf"

You're turning in quests? Pop a shield first. Riding through a choke point? Pop a shield, ready a counter, get off your damn horse and sneak.... But, for the love of God stop sprinting.
    "Shadow hide you"

Jacques Berge - v14 NB - DC
    Options
  • AegisWolf
    AegisWolf
    ✭✭
    The werewolf timer has been nerfed from 50 seconds to 30, and Devour with it, from 20 seconds to 10, with the result that the werewolf requires a near-constant stream of base enemies to deal any significant damage. I, for one would prefer the ultimate cost going back up over a time slash of this magnitude, if we cannot prevail upon the devs. In addition to this, these changes definitely reduce the efficacy of werewolves versus difficult targets, such as bosses that are not consistently surrounded by edible chaff, relegating us to focusing on fighting large groups. No matter our skill level, we will never be as ultimate-efficient nor as able to damage and combat large groups of weaker enemies as the AoE skills, such as Nova, Dragonknight Standard, etc.

Being able to indefinitely extend werewolf under certain conditions (many quickly-killed edible targets) is a nice perk, but is simply not worth it at the cost of undercutting our ability in all other conditions.

Tangentially to this issue, I still argue that Pack Leader's abilities be worked into Call of the Pack, and the Pack Leader morph become a tank werewolf with inverted fears. Also, Ferocious Roar could still use a buff to the time after use that the enemy can be killed and still trigger the secondary effects.
    Options
  • Milf_Hero
    Milf_Hero
    ✭✭✭
    There is so much stuff we can finally do with ww now and people complain about a little ww timer reductions. If it was ww timer was reduced before the 1.5 patch then I call foul play but since they fixed a lot problems since then a little time reduction is not that bad if I can hit enemies for 1.5 k damage in about 6 secs with just light attacks.

W8 a minute. 1.5k dps in 6 seconds. is that 250 per second or 1.5k each second? cuz.. I dnt think that is possible with any class or skill line. And if it is. its prolly bybat swarming impulse spamming. And you claim this is just with light attacks? lmao. please post the vid of you doing 1.5k dps in ww form. If its 250 per second, then that is not good in anyway. A person with a 2hander just using light attacks with a good weapon and a decent enchantment on it can do 200 with light attacks. From what skilled end game players have told me, 600-1000k dps is preferred for dps builds. 600-800 on single target and in the 1000ks for mobs.

Options
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but yet the devs allow the sorcerers to Keep thier stun and knockdown with crystal shards that do upwards of 1800 damage each hit, and the dragonights to allowed to keep the flame whip hitting for 800 - 1100 per hit.
    you die within a few seconds.

OK, I'll bite, how the 'ell are people hitting for 1800 with Crystal Frag? It's posted in the forums so I know it must be true.
    At VR14 while exceeding both the Max mana and spell damage soft cap AND using a pot to increase damage even further I am barely able to break 1K.

pic

I've not once gotten hit by a crystal frag that high either. The most ive taken is around 800 and that would have to be from someone that is at magicka and spell damage softcaps and exploiting 100% spell pen bug.The attack can get pretty strong thanks to the scaling of spell damage with spell power increases, but IDK about 1800. It cant have been a non-crit, and the base damage wpuld have to have neen 1200 and I dont see it getting that high legitimately. If so then id say it needs nerf too, but that is highly abnormal damage for it.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on October 23, 2014 11:49AM
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ***_Hero wrote: »
    There is so much stuff we can finally do with ww now and people complain about a little ww timer reductions. If it was ww timer was reduced before the 1.5 patch then I call foul play but since they fixed a lot problems since then a little time reduction is not that bad if I can hit enemies for 1.5 k damage in about 6 secs with just light attacks.

W8 a minute. 1.5k dps in 6 seconds. is that 250 per second or 1.5k each second? cuz.. I dnt think that is possible with any class or skill line. And if it is. its prolly bybat swarming impulse spamming. And you claim this is just with light attacks? lmao. please post the vid of you doing 1.5k dps in ww form. If its 250 per second, then that is not good in anyway. A person with a 2hander just using light attacks with a good weapon and a decent enchantment on it can do 200 with light attacks. From what skilled end game players have told me, 600-1000k dps is preferred for dps builds. 600-800 on single target and in the 1000ks for mobs.

Try it out on the PTS. My character is 2H build so I have a lot of attack power this added with ww increase weapon power passive in ww form and a skill morph of hircine bounty which can boost attack. It does not take long to kill enemy mobs in pve. Frankly pvp players will have more movavbility and armor compare to computer control mobs so you will probably not do as much damage in that time in pvp but in pve it is fun. Try it out.
    Options
  • Shayu
    Shayu
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, please turn some of you attention to the upcoming werewolf updates thread. I know some the comments may be a bit childish, but it's pretty clear that many werewolves are upset with the werewolf time reduction.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/129277/upcoming-werewolf-changes/p15

I'm going to repost my latest post since it's likely that ZOS's eyes weren't on the 1.5 thread anymore.
    Options
  • Shayu
    Shayu
    ✭✭✭
    I counted my current werewolf time with a stopwatch (transformation time omitted), and I got about 32 seconds. ZOS, if you could give us somewhere in the ballpark of 1 minute with devour restoring the same percentage of the time that it does now, many of us werewolves would appreciate it. 1 minute will not push the werewolf ultimate over the line in terms of balance, I guarantee you, it will simply give it some use in PvP.

In addition to this change, or instead of it if you are really that concerned, you could make good on the one promise that we werewolves were given by @Castle that you have not followed through on. It's probably the least important change that @Castle promised us, but it may just fix this little issue we are having. To Quote Castle:
    Castle wrote: »
    • "The Pack Leader Morph will add to the "Werewolf" counter for the Werewolf and any Werewolf allies nearby instead of adding Ultimate."
    I noticed that the tool tip in the pack leader morph currently says something in the direction of what Castle promised:
    Allies nearby add 4 to their Werewolf Timer whenever Ultimate is rewarded.
    ...but the Pack Leader himself recieves no benefits for selecting his morph. Having some kind of self buff is essential for pack leader to be viable, especially since the benefit it provides is now exclusive to werewolves. I would therefore suggest, ZOS, that you modify the Pack Leader morph so that it also provides its user with a longer werewolf duration. This will not only allow pack leaders to start off with a longer duration, but it will also allow them to store up more werewolf time by devouring corpses after a battle.

I would say that it's even a flavorful buff. In comparison to the berserker who, as a berserker, should need to keep his bloodrush going to remain transformed, shouldn't the pack leader be more stable and be more able to maintain his form between battles? Giving the pack leaders a 50% or so buff to their werewolf timer would certainly represent this difference between the two.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌, sorry to pick on you guys so much, but I appreciate how you two have been listening. Is there any way you could tell us whether or not these changes could be a possibility? I have good faith that you two are passing the player feedback onto the devs, and obviously you don't have time to respond directly to every concern that is raised on the PTS forums. That said, I am sure many of us werewolves agree that we want our ultimate to be performing optimally when it drops onto the live server, and any information that you can provide would be very helpful. Thank You.
    Edited by Shayu on October 23, 2014 3:02PM
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Decimus wrote: »
    Decimus wrote: »
    So, regarding sneak damage:

Stats with bow: 160 weapon damage 2400 stamina

Snipe from stealth: 1100 damage (crits)
    Snipe not in stealth: 540 damage (no crit) with 810 on crit
    Heavy attack stealth: 950 damage (crits)

Snipe vs heavy: Snipe deals more damage, has a faster base cast time, and can apply debuffs. Heavy costs no stamina.

Now the interesting part: Greatsword (2400 stamina and 210 weapon damage)

Greatsword heavy attack from stealth: 1870 (crit)
    Greatsword heavy attack not in stealth: 610 (no crit) 915 (Crit)

So it would appear that greatsword sneak attack damage has been BUFFED in this patch. I personally like this, but is this intended?

Good. Looks pretty realistic and good for PvP now. Incentive has been added for using melee vs bow.

But question is, is that vs PC or NPC? If its PC then GS heavy attack could stand to be a bit lower than that. And how much for uppercut.

How is you sneaking behind someone with a big heavy sword realistic in any way?

I do agree Dual Wield (and I could probably stomach even 2H) should deal more sneak damage (since it is somewhat riskier) than Bow, but not at the expense of bows becoming downright useless.
    There is no way bow will be able to burst down someone in a zerg if these changes go live, especially since the main bow burst of Snipe->Heavy Attack->Venom Arrow was already made impossible

1100 crit from stealth is almost the same some people hit with Crystal Frags

With soft capped stamina/weapon dmg (gimping your survivability in the process), this would allow you to get one 1,5k crit on someone, before that someone breaks from the stun & starts spamming dmg shield or the zerg heals him up & runs you over.

All this leads to is more zergball gameplay. Everyone loves zergballing, right?

People hitting that much with crystal frag are taking advantage of a known bug with the combination of light armor spell pen with sharpened trait to ignore all slell resist and hit for spells listed value plus bonuses.

And the fact is thay sneak attacks with bow were too strong at base and able to be rediclously strong against certain targets. Werewolves especially would simply be 1-shot by lethal arrow with camoflaged hunter. My regular 1.3k would be increased by 50% and have over 600 added tp it. Not fair. I have my vr14 hundings rage bow set too. I know how unfair it is.

Werewolves would be one shot by Lethal Arrow only if they wore no Poison Resistance rings & had less than 3k health.

Also, according to some people, werewolves currently don't actually get the vulnerability unless they're in werewolf form.

I get that you want to be strong against everything and have no weaknesses, but that's not how you make a good (MMO)RPG.

Stamina builds have a very big weakness against most magicka builds, they don't have dmg shields or heals (nor should they), yet good players can still beat magicka builds even without the stealth burst. Just like good players with magicka builds can beat stamina ones when they get hit by sneak attacks.

To give an example, there's the player D, a stamina NB who was attacked by two bow gankers while mounted. He reacted quickly, and hit the cloak button before more than one Snipe landed. He proceeded to beat both of the gankers.

Bad players will always complain about good ones, and instead of finding fault in themselves, they find excuses.

Youre just reading invisible words at this point.

Look. Bow was op, thats why theres hordes of them around cyrodil now. If they were garbage not nearly as mamy people would touch them. It got as bad as impulsers, possibly worse. They were sorces of the cheapest kills possible in cyrodil and gave no incentive to use melee weapons. My bow play will be nerfed too, and no river of tears flow from me. Just find a new source of cheap kills. People always do.

All thats needed now is for them to readjust the greatsword sneak damage if that heavy attack on an armored player target was indeed that high and adjust dual wield to be slightly higher than that, so its bow/1h+sh > gs > dw in sneak strength.

With this im tuning off of this topic because pretty sure it will be impossible to reason with those who thot 2k+ 50m range hits were at all fair and balanced. There will be some excuse to attempt to make it seem feesable and that it only hurts nightblades but all that will be false.

Now, bring on the lols. Im close to my next badge.

They really do not need to lessen 2h attack damage from sneaking. What they need to do improve 2H ability in combat in general. They just gave use a new passive that is suppose work when a heavy attack is hit but they seem to forget that people block easily which completely makes this passive worthless. I want to feel like i am swing a giant sword not box cutter that cannot split through a block.

True but some things were still too strong. They can buff 2h all they want but if things would be at a point where people just drop dead from 1 persons actions in less than 2 seconds it needs to change. the 2k+ uppercut and lethal arrow hits were too strong. Players can only get so much HP, and If they can get killed with a less than 2 second attack chain from 1 person, its just gotta stop.

Sometimes I hate the auto-draft save...

but yet the devs allow the sorcerers to Keep thier stun and knockdown with crystal shards that do upwards of 1800 damage each hit, and the dragonights to allowed to keep the flame whip hitting for 800 - 1100 per hit.

This post gets agrees? 1800 crystal frag?!? You lie. 1100 whip? Get real man.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

OK, I'll bite, how the 'ell are people hitting for 1800 with Crystal Frag? It's posted in the forums so I know it must be true.
    At VR14 while exceeding both the Max mana and spell damage soft cap AND using a pot to increase damage even further I am barely able to break 1K.

pic

Must have been from the days when abilities were bugged and they kept getting more and more powerful the longer you played. 2500 magicka, 138 spell dmg, sharpened trait and my crystal frag hits for 750.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • draeganb16_ESO
    draeganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @Shayu : I totally agree with you ! A pack leader should be a PACK LEADER. They are here to lead the pack (of berzerks), to help them stay coordinated. By coordinated, I mean stay in werewolf form as long as the leader is nearby (and the fight also).
    In the curent mechanic (1.5.1), you force packs to have at least 2 Pack leaders to sustain themself.

Why not giving the buff (Allies nearby add 4 to their Werewolf Timer whenever Ultimate is rewarded.) to the pack leader himself or make the timer stop as long as another werewolf is nearby the pack leader ? That would force Werewolf to remain as a pack if they want to be effective.

What do you think about that ? @ZOS @ZOS_GinaBruno‌, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ?
    When Bloodmoon calls, Rivers turns red.
    Options
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    F
    Erock25 wrote: »

pic

Must have been from the days when abilities were bugged and they kept getting more and more powerful the longer you played. 2500 magicka, 138 spell dmg, sharpened trait and my crystal frag hits for 750.

Tho it cant possiblly hit for 1800 legitemately, I still think that since crystal shard is a ranged high-damage attack it shouldnt stun. Been thinkin that forever. And crystal frag has ways of making it instant cast.
    Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We lost a bit (maybe 5%-10%) of damages from the first and unique blow and and it's the ultra NightBlade nerf ?
    Oh, come one people, don't tell me that's because NB needed this only attack to kill anybody in PvP... We still have the stun for the stealth attack though. I've seen very potent NB that didn't need any stealth attack to take down somebody.
    If you want to give ideas to improve the NB, fine, this class need it but not through this nerf that impact all classes and was needed

Yeah, they are complaining about a little damage reduction of sneak way to much. They acting like nb are the only class that utilize sneak damage. I know plenty of sorcerers that uses sneak damage.

You know what the difference between night blades and every other classes when it comes to sneak damage. One passive that gives 10% more attack and spell power when we are crouch and 100% stun when we do a successful stealth attacks. That's it. Its the only passive that requires us to use stealth all the other passives relies on damage in general not stealth at all like increase crit and crit damage.

My only problem with the night blade class is that it does not feel like a stealth class which what everbody wants to make it.

The primary difference between Sorcerers using Sneak damage and Nightblades using Sneak damage is that Nightblade has multiple Class skills that apply the Sneak Attack bonus when correctly used, and Sorcerer does not have any.

Both Classes are losing Sneak Attack bonus on certain weapon builds, but Nightblade also loses damage output on their Magicka build. Sorcerer loses no damage output on their Magicka skills.

Ambush has been made weaker in its primary application, but have seen no indication of increasing its base damage to compensate.
    It would be great that our Ultimate, Death Stroke, got buffed in 1.5; however, the skill long ago had the Sneak Attack bonus removed from it already.

Would love to see Master Assassin passive requirement change so that rather than giving 10% Spell Damage and Weapon Damage while Sneaking (thus being only good for Sneak attacks), the passive instead gives 10% Spell Damage and Weapon Damage with an Assassination skill slotted.
    It wouldn't make any change to my Bosmer's racial bonus being nerfed in the overall adjustments, but at least the Nightblade Class could suffer a little less.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    F

pic

Tho it cant possiblly hit for 1800 legitemately, I still think that since crystal shard is a ranged high-damage attack it shouldnt stun. Been thinkin that forever. And crystal frag has ways of making it instant cast.

Sorc would have to get something in return if it didn't stun. Remember it has a cast time 66% of the time, moves slow and is extremely visible graphic (easy to dodge), and cost a lot of magicka 66% of the time.
    Samadhi wrote: »
    We lost a bit (maybe 5%-10%) of damages from the first and unique blow and and it's the ultra NightBlade nerf ?
    Oh, come one people, don't tell me that's because NB needed this only attack to kill anybody in PvP... We still have the stun for the stealth attack though. I've seen very potent NB that didn't need any stealth attack to take down somebody.
    If you want to give ideas to improve the NB, fine, this class need it but not through this nerf that impact all classes and was needed

Yeah, they are complaining about a little damage reduction of sneak way to much. They acting like nb are the only class that utilize sneak damage. I know plenty of sorcerers that uses sneak damage.

You know what the difference between night blades and every other classes when it comes to sneak damage. One passive that gives 10% more attack and spell power when we are crouch and 100% stun when we do a successful stealth attacks. That's it. Its the only passive that requires us to use stealth all the other passives relies on damage in general not stealth at all like increase crit and crit damage.

My only problem with the night blade class is that it does not feel like a stealth class which what everbody wants to make it.

The primary difference between Sorcerers using Sneak damage and Nightblades using Sneak damage is that Nightblade has multiple Class skills that apply the Sneak Attack bonus when correctly used, and Sorcerer does not have any.

Both Classes are losing Sneak Attack bonus on certain weapon builds, but Nightblade also loses damage output on their Magicka build. Sorcerer loses no damage output on their Magicka skills.

Ambush has been made weaker in its primary application, but have seen no indication of increasing its base damage to compensate.
    It would be great that our Ultimate, Death Stroke, got buffed in 1.5; however, the skill long ago had the Sneak Attack bonus removed from it already.

Would love to see Master Assassin passive requirement change so that rather than giving 10% Spell Damage and Weapon Damage while Sneaking (thus being only good for Sneak attacks), the passive instead gives 10% Spell Damage and Weapon Damage with an Assassination skill slotted.
    It wouldn't make any change to my Bosmer's racial bonus being nerfed in the overall adjustments, but at least the Nightblade Class could suffer a little less.

I'm confused here. Are you saying NB is losing sneak attack dmg with multiple class skills because of Shadow Cloak? I thought Shadow Cloak didn't give sneak attack bonus to whatever skill you used while it was active. What are these multiple skills Class skills that NB is getting nerfed from lowered sneak attacks? You mention Ambush so does that mean Ambush gets sneak attack bonus dmg? That is the only charge in the game capable of that so I think you should count yourself lucky. I think they should fix that if it is true and remove the sneak attack dmg entirely.

Basically the point of your post was that NB have multiple class skills that get sneak attack bonus dmg while Sorc does not so poor NB? More like poor Sorc. I'd love a 5m or whatever the range of most melee range skills are for my Sorc so I could sneak attack with it.
    Edited by Erock25 on October 23, 2014 6:57PM
    Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You mention Ambush so does that mean Ambush gets sneak attack bonus dmg? That is the only charge in the game capable of that so I think you should count yourself lucky. I think they should fix that if it is true and remove the sneak attack dmg entirely.

Yes it does, that is why it is called Ambush and has such a low base damage.

Veiled Strike and Assassin's Blade also receive Sneak Attack bonuses when executed properly.

Death Stroke Ultimate used to receive Sneak Attack bonus, but that was removed around 1.2 when it was decided that Nightblade's opening burst damage by using it from Sneak was too high.

Would be fine with ZOS removing Sneak Attack damage though. Rerolling to Sorcerer after all these months anyway.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    You mention Ambush so does that mean Ambush gets sneak attack bonus dmg? That is the only charge in the game capable of that so I think you should count yourself lucky. I think they should fix that if it is true and remove the sneak attack dmg entirely.

Yes it does, that is why it is called Ambush and has such a low base damage.

Please don't judge skills based on their names. My Velocious Curse is hardly velocious at all. I've learned not to trust esohead for base dmg figures but I see 20 base dmg on ambush versus templar's 20 dmg charge and both weapon charges being 14.... not to mention a 36% dmg (total dmg, not weapon dmg, or spell dmg .... that is huge) to the next attack. So in my honest opinion, Ambush is pretty darn badass even without the ability to sneak attack, which it still has even though it will hit for 100 - 200 less dmg now.

I look forward to you rolling a Sorc. I very much would appreciate it if you could compare your NB to a Sorc with similar play style. Like for example if you were a stealthy bow/2h NB, try that with a Sorc and PM me please. Then if you want to try the standard caster stick/1h&s build with your Sorc, be sure to only compare that to stick/1h&s build NB.
    Edited by Erock25 on October 23, 2014 7:40PM
    Options
  • Nightreaver
    Nightreaver
    ✭✭✭✭

Ok, you supplied a picture that proves absolutely nothing.

So what does your picture show? Let's see:
    Fiery Pulsar for 200 Damage - seems below average

Crystal fragments for 359 - Real low, barely does more damage than the Light Attack. if your objective was to show that Crystal Fragments was in need of a serious buff, congrats you succeeded.

Crushing Shock 200 damage - again, seems low.

Light Attack 325 - Seems high, especially for someone whose other attacks seem lower than average. The damage is about what I normally receive from an enemy NPC caster at one of the keeps. Hmmm

Crystal Fragments 1830 - Ok, someone or someTHING hit you for 1830. We have no idea what because for whatever reason you have chosen to conceal that information.
    Did the same person that hit you for 359 CF just hit you for 1830? We don't know.
    Was it even a player that hit you? We don't know.
    Was it a Crit or normal damage? We don't know.
    If someone is able to spam 1830 hits then why use anything else?
    Since no one seems to being able to come forth and duplicate that I would suspect that the damage you took wasn't even from a player. Or if it was then an exploit was used in which case it should be the exploit that needs to be addressed not the ability.
    If Sorcs are able to spam CF for 1800+ then yes I would agree SOMETHING needs a nerf. More likely whatever is causing the huge increase in damage. Because in all likelihood, whatever is causing the increase in CF could be causing huge increases in all other abilities as well.

But what I don't want to see is yet another nerf to Sorcerers that does absolutely nothing to resolve the issue.
    People whined about players wearing Light armor being OP because they were completely negating the armor/spell resistance of their opponents. So ZOS listened, nerfed the Light armor penetration passive and…. it did absolutely nothing to fix the problem. Turns out it was due to a bug with the Sharpened trait. So because people whined and Light armor got a nerf that did nothing to solve the actual problem.
    I don't want to see that happen again with CF.
    So again, if you have actual proof, I would still love to see it.
    If you know of an exploit that is causing it then I hope at the very least you are reporting it.
    If they ever create a Legendary recipe it better contain bacon as one of the ingredients. I'm just sayin'.
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    so will the motif no longer take 45 years to find? guess ill have to go looking for it.
    Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I look forward to you rolling a Sorc. I very much would appreciate it if you could compare your NB to a Sorc with similar play style. Like for example if you were a stealthy bow/2h NB, try that with a Sorc and PM me please. Then if you want to try the standard caster stick/1h&s build with your Sorc, be sure to only compare that to stick/1h&s build NB.

At the moment, working on an entirely different build from what my Nightblade ran.

Planning to run with Destruction staff as my primary weapon, probably going to end up with Resto staff as a secondary just for healing effect.

My Nightblade's builds run primarily as a dual 1 hand and shield caster; a dual wield/resto staff Magicka assassin; and a Heavy Armour Magicka build with sword and shield and resto staff.
    Have done the Stamina Bow and 2 Handed gank builds just for the lols, after being inspired by a video of a 2 Handed Khajiit Sorcerer, but never spent much time on them as they were comical but a little bland.

The Heavy Armour build won't work at all on Sorcerer, because it relies on Melee Magicka damage which Sorcerer does not have available at all. Crest of Cyrodiil set procs off of Melee Class skills, so Sorcerer gets short-changed in attempting to use the set on anything but Stamina build.
    The Magicka Assassin build is at issue for similar reason.

On the caster builds, expecting the Sorcerer to have less sustain due to spottier self-healing and weaker block (from Staves), but slightly higher mobility. Expecting to have to adjust situational awareness and twitch response to attain similar results in terms of overall KDR. Not planning zerg-dive like my Nightblade caster does, planning to play more single-target centric caster.

Knowing my penchant to max everything, will likely be able to run comparative tests at some point in the future. In the event that any comparisons are run, will let you know the insights.

More than all that though, looking forward to doing some new things as a different class. Enjoyed both Sorcerer and Nightblade during Beta, but have been playing a single character since Early Access. Have maxed out all the weapon and armour lines, as well as both vampire and werewolf on the character. A change of pace will be nice.

Will keep you in mind if the need for Sorcerer insights or build advice comes up; am certain that your experience with your character could prove quite valuable.
    Have seen you post elsewhere on the forums and respect your knowledge of the Sorcerer class.
    Options
  • Shayu
    Shayu
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS I understand that you would like to encourage werewolf players to play in packs, but I do not think punishing lone wolves (no pun intended) is the correct way to go about it. Reducing the timer for werewolves is not going to force werewolves to play together, it's only going to upset werewolf players and reduce their numbers. This vision of large packs of werewolves attacking keeps as units with any regularity is a pipe dream. You cannot expect PUGs to cooperate tactically and it's cruel to werewolf players who wish to play alone to reduce their werewolf time by 33% .
    Options
  • Milf_Hero
    Milf_Hero
    ✭✭✭
    Shayu wrote: »
    ZOS I understand that you would like to encourage werewolf players to play in packs, but I do not think punishing lone wolves (no pun intended) is the correct way to go about it. Reducing the timer for werewolves is not going to force werewolves to play together, it's only going to upset werewolf players and reduce their numbers. This vision of large packs of werewolves attacking keeps as units with any regularity is a pipe dream. You cannot expect PUGs to cooperate tactically and it's cruel to werewolf players who wish to play alone to reduce their werewolf time by 33% .

That's entirely correct. It was my dream when I first became a ww. This was maybe the third week after Eso came out. I made a guild. I took my wolves out there and was *** on by the limitation on ww's. The timer, the ult cot (1000 at that time), you would loose ultimate if you weren't in combat or gaining ult points every once In a while. Which was frustrating when after you gathered 800 or so ult points... I unsubbed and the guild fell apart. Nowadays We get Dot claws and a dot ability that will do about 600 damage over 10 seconds. You give us one ability that hits for 500 in a full stamina build.(10 points in health50 in stamina/ what I tried in the pts). or 650 if the target it feared. You try to reduce our bust damage, and increase our survivability. These things would suggest that you want us to be in a fight that is a little longer than 30 seconds. I took the wolf out to craglorn and fought two flame and two air atronachs. Both which are edible by the wolf but have about 10k health. I tried to kill them, using all the abilities and barely killed on in 30 seconds. By the time I went to go eat the kill I was spamming my heal ability to get enough health the eat the corpse and not die while eating. Needless to say I changed back as I wasted 5 seconds hitting hircine's bounty so that I could use devour one enemy I killed. This is my pts character, who is a vet 12 with legendary gear. Using an ultimate on a regular mob in lower craglorn. Successfully killing one enemy. Is the werewolf only useful to people who are non vets or killing trash and mud crabs? Not the mud crabs in craglorn either, those guys are some bad ass mud crabs. Hmm maybe I should get bitten by a mud crab... :p
    Options
  • Sheaden
    Sheaden
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Just got off the PTS testing out the new werewolf stuff. It's a lot of fun however, werewolf doesn't last nearly long enough without a constant influx of corpses to devour and building 400 ultimate even with the passives is far too much as well. In PVP it won't be worth all the drawbacks from players running fighters guild passives/skills with such a lofty ultimate requirement (400) and nobody is going to use the salvation set( 5 pc. reduce cost of WW transform 33%) in pvp since it does not have impenetrable. Even when you do eventually transform in PVP you won't be able to stay in form long enough for it to be worthwhile.

Additionally, I was interrupted by mobs while trying to transform. I don't know if that was a bug or if that is intentional but it is pretty disheartening to build up 400 ultimate and have it not even work because you got hit by an arrow or kicked or whatever the heck happened.

I'm not planning on being a werewolf on LIVE, none of my LIVE characters are currently a werewolf but I think it adds a lot of flavor to the game. From what I've tested there is going to be an initial influx of players running around in pvp trying out werewolf but very few I think will ultimately (pun intended) stick with it. Mainly because the negative effects which are with you on a constant aren't going to be worth the 30 seconds of "RAWR Ima Werewolf!" fun you might have after such a lengthy build up of Ultimate.

Just my 5 cents. I liked the new skills though, it gave you a good mix of abilities between dps, cc and sustain while you're in form and that's always critical as well. Whatever team put in the work on this did a great job. Let the players enjoy it.

P.S. Great job on the stealth damage changes as well. I'm looking forward to not being nuked to death by someone with a stealth rotation before I am even able to dismount in pvp. I was on my VR8 DK with 3400 health in cyrodiil recently and was killed by a VR14 Nightblade before I could even move. Same thing has happened while on my VR10 Templar with over 3k Health. These folks complaining can talk counters all they want but it's not a realistic expectation that people should be forced to walk from keep to keep holding block with their shield just to avoid being decimated before they can move.
    Edited by Sheaden on October 23, 2014 10:50PM
    Options
  • Shayu
    Shayu
    ✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/136628/werewolf-1-5-1-changes-review#latest

Be sure to keep your eyes on this thread as well ZOS, werewolf isn't ready for Live yet.
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The moral of the story when it comes to buffs and nerfs everybody is going to be unhappy about the good things and the bad things. I can it see now when they do changes for the classes in 1.6. Somebody going complain that they are losing dps or that another class is getting too powerful. My ultimate is useless now or now this skill is useless now but the skill that was useless is now is good.

When the champion system comes out people are going to be stacking points in more damage or more defense then somebody is going to complain that their class is too powerful even though it is because of the buffs of the champion system. There is going to be a life cycles of nerfs and buffs because somebody is going complain about another classes unique skill so they nerf it then raise another which going to nerf in the future anyway.

During beta bows was too strong, they nerf that. During the months after that " Bows are too weak, Bows are too slow, this is not fair because they have range". They buff them up again. Now they strong again. Oh somebody wants to nerf them again. They nerf sneak damage now. People are complaining now but if those same people are still there in the future they will be rejoicing because the champion going boost there sneak damage.

When Zennimax Online told people that they add and change content on monthly bases everybody was like yay. Now they hate changes. Why buff this it is still useless even though is much better than it was before. Why this ultimate should be just like this ultimate. Reasoning for comparing two ultimates duh because they are ultimates even though they do completely two different things. I have ultimate that does burst damage. I have one that boost my defense. The one ultimate that boost my defense sucks because It does not do damage like my character even though it can still be helpful to somebody else build.

We players are such fickle and complex beings. :(
    Options
  • Shayu
    Shayu
    ✭✭✭
    The moral of the story when it comes to buffs and nerfs everybody is going to be unhappy about the good things and the bad things. I can it see now when they do changes for the classes in 1.6. Somebody going complain that they are losing dps or that another class is getting too powerful. My ultimate is useless now or now this skill is useless now but the skill that was useless is now is good.

When the champion system comes out people are going to be stacking points in more damage or more defense then somebody is going to complain that their class is too powerful even though it is because of the buffs of the champion system. There is going to be a life cycles of nerfs and buffs because somebody is going complain about another classes unique skill so they nerf it then raise another which going to nerf in the future anyway.

During beta bows was too strong, they nerf that. During the months after that " Bows are too weak, Bows are too slow, this is not fair because they have range". They buff them up again. Now they strong again. Oh somebody wants to nerf them again. They nerf sneak damage now. People are complaining now but if those same people are still there in the future they will be rejoicing because the champion going boost there sneak damage.

When Zennimax Online told people that they add and change content on monthly bases everybody was like yay. Now they hate changes. Why buff this it is still useless even though is much better than it was before. Why this ultimate should be just like this ultimate. Reasoning for comparing two ultimates duh because they are ultimates even though they do completely two different things. I have ultimate that does burst damage. I have one that boost my defense. The one ultimate that boost my defense sucks because It does not do damage like my character even though it can still be helpful to somebody else build.

We all want to kick ass, the trick is balancing things so everyone has a chance to kick said ass. Werewolves have been waiting to kick ass since the game started and we're so very close to having the chance, i just want us to get there.
    Options
  • Milf_Hero
    Milf_Hero
    ✭✭✭

Darkon, your content with the werewolf as is in update 1.5.1 for the pts. That's all good and gravy for you. The only people that have concerns about the werewolf are the people that are werewolves. You don't see people complaining about them being OP. You just have people saying they are weak or there isn't enough time. If they were to give us the time, wouldn't that make every one happy? It would. The talk about werewolves would probably end. Until Zos makes some sort of tweaks they feel necessary.. then you might hear the wolves again. But if the timer was boosted or done away with, every single werewolf would have less problems with werewolves and happier about what they are paying for. Which is a game that said they can play it there way. Be it being in werewolf form forever for RP or hunting in packs, to using it to kill a boss and howl over it kill pretending to be the top of the food chain when it comes to monsters. There isn't a down side to giving the werewolves what they want.(with in reason... no one shot kills on every one. haha.) We will never be the top clearing scores/times in trials or dragon star arena. We won't slay pvpers relentlessly and be some sort of undying dps force out on the field. We won't break the meta. We won't break ESO. If people are starting to be ok with the dps and the skills, then the only thing left to fix is the timer.. and a slightly lower ult cost, or maybe even the glitches that some times happen when you change, or the slow change into ww form...just yeah... not a big list or anything. :blush: Every one would shut up. Every one would then just complain about night blades or some other crap. The first day of peace for those blessed with the gift of Hircine. ah... I can see it now. Is it possible? I hope so.
    Edited by Milf_Hero on October 24, 2014 5:04AM
    Options
  • Milf_Hero
    Milf_Hero
    ✭✭✭
    Shayu wrote: »

We all want to kick ass, the trick is balancing things so everyone has a chance to kick said ass. Werewolves have been waiting to kick ass since the game started and we're so very close to having the chance, i just want us to get there.

Shayu is right. we just want to kick ass. Though it will be in our own little world but yes we want to kick ass. They have made many changes to other parts of the game since the start of ESO. But nothing ever this big for werewolves. I fear and i think a lot of us werewolves fear we wont get attention again for a long... long time. It is with in out grasp. We just want our voices to be heard and our problems solved before we are shoved back to the end of the line and forgotten.
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ***_Hero wrote: »

Darkon, your content with the werewolf as is in update 1.5.1 for the pts. That's all good and gravy for you. The only people that have concerns about the werewolf are the people that are werewolves. You don't see people complaining about them being OP. You just have people saying they are weak or there isn't enough time. If they were to give us the time, wouldn't that make every one happy? It would. The talk about werewolves would probably end. Until Zos makes some sort of tweaks they feel necessary.. then you might hear the wolves again. But if the timer was boosted or done away with, every single werewolf would have less problems with werewolves and happier about what they are paying for. Which is a game that said they can play it there way. Be it being in werewolf form forever for RP or hunting in packs, to using it to kill a boss and howl over it kill pretending to be the top of the food chain when it comes to monsters. There isn't a down side to giving the werewolves what they want.(with in reason... no one shot kills on every one. haha.) We will never be the top clearing scores/times in trials or dragon star arena. We won't slay pvpers relentlessly and be some sort of undying dps force out on the field. We won't break the meta. We won't break ESO. If people are starting to be ok with the dps and the skills, then the only thing left to fix is the timer.. and a slightly lower ult cost, or maybe even the glitches that some times happen when you change, or the slow change into ww form...just yeah... not a big list or anything. :blush: Every one would shut up. Every one would then just complain about night blades or some other crap. The first day of peace for those blessed with the gift of Hircine. ah... I can see it now. Is it possible? I hope so.

I never said I was content. I am just stated that people are going to complain and that because of this reason its going to be incredibly hard to get this ideal WW that multiple people are going to like.
    Options
  • Milf_Hero
    Milf_Hero
    ✭✭✭

I never said I was content. I am just stated that people are going to complain and that because of this reason its going to be incredibly hard to get this ideal WW that multiple people are going to like.

The changes I have suggested and other people have suggested for the timer or ult cost would not make anyone unhappy. Unless people thought seeing wolves more often would hurt their eyes.

What I see in the forums are people asking for more. No one asking for less. Some people in the middle and content. So until there is a point were more makes people ask for less, we still have room to add more, and that's what I want. I guess I should be more patient @Darkonflare15 im gonna try to make the live show today.. Friday. See if I can get in a question about there being some more love for werewolves in future patches, pertaining to the worries of me and my fellow wolves have on forum. I haven't seen any of the game devs reply directly to any people talk about werewolves when it doesn't come exactly from patch notes so maybe I have to be more direct about it instead of throwing complaints at this forum blindly.
    Edited by Milf_Hero on October 24, 2014 6:07AM
    Options