The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v1.5.1

• Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ***_Hero wrote: »

I never said I was content. I am just stated that people are going to complain and that because of this reason its going to be incredibly hard to get this ideal WW that multiple people are going to like.

The changes I have suggested and other people have suggested for the timer or ult cost would not make anyone unhappy. Unless people thought seeing wolves more often would hurt their eyes.

What I see in the forums are people asking for more. No one asking for less. Some people in the middle and content. So until there is a point were more makes people ask for less, we still have room to add more, and that's what I want. I guess I should be more patient @Darkonflare15 im gonna try to make the live show today.. Friday. See if I can get in a question about there being some more love for werewolves in future patches, pertaining to the worries of me and my fellow wolves have on forum. I haven't seen any of the game devs reply directly to any people talk about werewolves when it doesn't come exactly from patch notes so maybe I have to be more direct about it instead of throwing complaints at this forum blindly.
    I understand I would love to have actually buffs for my human character. I always thought a human that is ww is physically stronger than a normal human. Plus maybe a better buff for a pack leader. Like a ww timer is longer for a pack leader because it seems the pack leader pulled the short stick and only able to power other werewolf other than himself. Makes me wonder what makes him a pack leader if he not strong.
    Options
  • Milf_Hero
    Milf_Hero
    ✭✭✭
    I understand I would love to have actually buffs for my human character. I always thought a human that is ww is physically stronger than a normal human. Plus maybe a better buff for a pack leader. Like a ww timer is longer for a pack leader because it seems the pack leader pulled the short stick and only able to power other werewolf other than himself. Makes me wonder what makes him a pack leader if he not strong.

lol yeah i had pretty much the same thoughts.
    You name it, and ill kill it.
    Options
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a forum, people will, and are encouraged to, voice their opinions.

forum
    ˈfɔːrəm/Submit
    noun
    a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
    "we hope these pages act as a forum for debate"
    synonyms: meeting, assembly, gathering, conference, seminar, convention, colloquy, convocation, congress, rally, council, symposium, conclave, congregation, synod, diet; More
    an Internet site where users can post comments about a particular issue or topic and reply to other users' postings; a message board.
    NORTH AMERICAN
    a court or tribunal.

Unfortunately, my opinion is always right and everyone else's always wrong.

True story.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

Options
  • Milf_Hero
    Milf_Hero
    ✭✭✭
    kijima wrote: »
    It's a forum, people will, and are encouraged to, voice their opinions.

forum
    ˈfɔːrəm/Submit
    noun
    a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
    "we hope these pages act as a forum for debate"
    synonyms: meeting, assembly, gathering, conference, seminar, convention, colloquy, convocation, congress, rally, council, symposium, conclave, congregation, synod, diet; More
    an Internet site where users can post comments about a particular issue or topic and reply to other users' postings; a message board.
    NORTH AMERICAN
    a court or tribunal.

Unfortunately, my opinion is always right and everyone else's always wrong.

True story.

and sadly your the captain know it all coming with a piece of wisdom that will be overlooked because this has nothing to do with what this thread is about. So your worse and frankly more annoying than the people that think they are always right because at least they are voicing their opinion(nicely or not) that is at least pertinent.
    You name it, and ill kill it.
    Options
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thorspark wrote: »
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    I totally understand crit-based stamina players (I am one, albeit lowbie) and their fear that this will destroy their class/playstyle - I do.
    But don't you guys think the "one-shot" is over the top? I ask because I'm unsure how to feel about it - it just looks a little silly that you can drop a guy without him ever seeing you... Can't you agree that it needs balance or am I way off?

To resume :
    - It was already a One-Shot before 1.5 as the combo lethal arrow/heavy attack/poison arrow always has dealt a high amount of damage.
    - In 1.5, snipe had a 5% reduced damage which was already a nerf to the burst combo.
    - This works only against :
    • People wearing tissue
    • People not blocking
    • People not having a shield up
    • People taken from back

After some testing, with a NB landing 2 snipes in a row from stealth (instead of the previous combo), the first hits for around 1.6k (2k before), you then have 0.8-1sec to react and break free/block before the next attack.
    The second attack does not benefit from stealth bonus and hits for 600-900 if you're still not blocking.

That was not OP before 1.5, it was just a matter "you play in robe, don't max health and don't block , too bad for you".

The matter here is that most play in a robe because it's OP and it's the way ZOS seems to want people to play.
    And because they're all robe players, they cry when they get hit by physical attacks that hurt them a lot.

Since the launch of the game, Nightblades, over all classes, have been asking for improvements of stamina builds as they want to play rogue style. All other classes have mostly been playing magicka builds and are fine with it.

And the best answer from Zenimax is to nerf stealth damage.
    If you look at it, stealth damage never applied to "spells" neither did it to staves.

So, the nerf to stealth damage is basically a nerf to all those who don't play robe/staff, therefore mainly the NB.

90% of people in Cyrodiil are robe/staves wearers. Do the maths.

Yes, all the other classes are content with tissue armor and staves while only nightblades want better weapon use...

Stealth damage can be done with class skills, and nightblade has the ones that do it better, such as the only gap close attack that doesnt break stealth.

Lots of dragonknights and templars want to use the bladed weapons in their hands more often as well.
    Options
  • suycyco
    suycyco
    ✭✭✭
    I thought a little at the situation of the stamina's build which seems a little blocked actually.
    I can understand being killed without a possibility to counter may be boring, but I also know how weak stamina's build can be due to the metagame if they can't kill so quick.

The main problem to me for stamina build is that the stamina's ability we have wich should be favorising stamina user with big stamina pool do the opposite.

I explain cc break, and roll are percentage of the stamina pool (I know you can reduce it a little with medium armor but still a percentage) instead like all the others ability wich means that the more stam you have the more expensive the ability is and it's quite absurd.
    A well trained fighter should be able to do more roll than a mage who pass all his days in a library.
    I understand why zenimax done that in first hand to give the possiblity to magicka user at low level to use cc break and roll, but at this moment they should have put a flat value who was increasing with the level to equal the actual value at vr14 of a people with 0 stam added.

If a stamina user was able to do more roll and cc break and not be so fast out of stamina like they actually are the balance would not be so far with magicka users.

The other point is evasion another spell who should be more efficient with stam user (like annulment is with magicka user) but no, no matter how stam you have the spell do the same thing wich doesn't seems fair .

I've already said it but if the stam users have a little more survavilbility I think the loss of burst dps in stealth would'nt hurt so much (I admit that the evolution of momentum is a good first step)

(sorry for bad english)
    Options
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already beat the "stealth" nerf issue to death a few pages back, not going to touch it outside of saying I tested it in live and the crouched/sneak has a 3x modifier and from cloak/invisible it's 1.5x which are reasonable numbers. I really don't know what a stealth is in this game.

I really wanted to add my 2 cents on Werewolf this time though. I've said this before in other threads, but my personal opinion of the best way to handle the werewolf transformation time is to set it up like the Storm Calling Ultimate Overload, where each attack reduces the ultimate.

This would resolve SO many issue people have with it. People who want to be transformed indefinitely (for RP, playing around, whatever) would have it.

But what about Devour, I hear you say. Have devour add ultimate rather than arbitrary time.

Something else this accomplishes, people could transform at the 400 ultimate but they wouldn't last long or they could save up for the 1000 and last quite a while, rather than wasting 600 ultimate per transform.

The skills like pounce would certainly still use stamina, no problems there.

The player already is "supposed" to have the poison allergy all the time, so really that weakness isn't mitigated at all whether a person is in werewolf form or not.

Trusting some of the number crunchers, it sounds like werewolf is already getting a dps nerf so it shouldn't be prone to abuse.

The transformation seems to be interruptible, intended or not. So other players or enemies immune to crowd control could stop the lengthy transformation animation.

I may be wrong, but I really don't see a unfair downside to having Werewolf function like Overload especially since with the attack speed nerf, it more or less is Overload, just available to all.
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
    Options
  • Shayu
    Shayu
    ✭✭✭
    Heishi wrote: »
    The transformation seems to be interruptible, intended or not. So other players or enemies immune to crowd control could stop the lengthy transformation animation.

Actually it was supposed to be changed to where the transformation was uninteruptible period, buf i suppose that's another thing they need to fix.
    Options
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shayu wrote: »

Actually it was supposed to be changed to where the transformation was uninteruptible period, buf i suppose that's another thing they need to fix.

I thought it was. Much like animation cancelling, unlimited run with horse, and other broken parts of the game, I suggest turning it into a "of course we meant to do that" and keep it interruptible as a balancing feature to it hypothetically working like overload.
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well since WW is just going to be a strong damage ultimate. No need to talk about it until the changes. The only interested things about 1.6 is that AvA getting living bombs/suicide bombs and that Armor skills and Class skills are getting a overhaul. I am just wondering are night blade skills finally going to work well together once this overhaul is done.
    Options
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decimus wrote: »
    Decimus wrote: »
    So, regarding sneak damage:

Stats with bow: 160 weapon damage 2400 stamina

Snipe from stealth: 1100 damage (crits)
    Snipe not in stealth: 540 damage (no crit) with 810 on crit
    Heavy attack stealth: 950 damage (crits)

Snipe vs heavy: Snipe deals more damage, has a faster base cast time, and can apply debuffs. Heavy costs no stamina.

Now the interesting part: Greatsword (2400 stamina and 210 weapon damage)

Greatsword heavy attack from stealth: 1870 (crit)
    Greatsword heavy attack not in stealth: 610 (no crit) 915 (Crit)

So it would appear that greatsword sneak attack damage has been BUFFED in this patch. I personally like this, but is this intended?

Good. Looks pretty realistic and good for PvP now. Incentive has been added for using melee vs bow.

But question is, is that vs PC or NPC? If its PC then GS heavy attack could stand to be a bit lower than that. And how much for uppercut.

How is you sneaking behind someone with a big heavy sword realistic in any way?

I do agree Dual Wield (and I could probably stomach even 2H) should deal more sneak damage (since it is somewhat riskier) than Bow, but not at the expense of bows becoming downright useless.
    There is no way bow will be able to burst down someone in a zerg if these changes go live, especially since the main bow burst of Snipe->Heavy Attack->Venom Arrow was already made impossible

1100 crit from stealth is almost the same some people hit with Crystal Frags

With soft capped stamina/weapon dmg (gimping your survivability in the process), this would allow you to get one 1,5k crit on someone, before that someone breaks from the stun & starts spamming dmg shield or the zerg heals him up & runs you over.

All this leads to is more zergball gameplay. Everyone loves zergballing, right?

People hitting that much with crystal frag are taking advantage of a known bug with the combination of light armor spell pen with sharpened trait to ignore all slell resist and hit for spells listed value plus bonuses.

And the fact is thay sneak attacks with bow were too strong at base and able to be rediclously strong against certain targets. Werewolves especially would simply be 1-shot by lethal arrow with camoflaged hunter. My regular 1.3k would be increased by 50% and have over 600 added tp it. Not fair. I have my vr14 hundings rage bow set too. I know how unfair it is.

Werewolves would be one shot by Lethal Arrow only if they wore no Poison Resistance rings & had less than 3k health.

Also, according to some people, werewolves currently don't actually get the vulnerability unless they're in werewolf form.

I get that you want to be strong against everything and have no weaknesses, but that's not how you make a good (MMO)RPG.

Stamina builds have a very big weakness against most magicka builds, they don't have dmg shields or heals (nor should they), yet good players can still beat magicka builds even without the stealth burst. Just like good players with magicka builds can beat stamina ones when they get hit by sneak attacks.

To give an example, there's the player D, a stamina NB who was attacked by two bow gankers while mounted. He reacted quickly, and hit the cloak button before more than one Snipe landed. He proceeded to beat both of the gankers.

Bad players will always complain about good ones, and instead of finding fault in themselves, they find excuses.

Youre just reading invisible words at this point.

Look. Bow was op, thats why theres hordes of them around cyrodil now. If they were garbage not nearly as mamy people would touch them. It got as bad as impulsers, possibly worse. They were sorces of the cheapest kills possible in cyrodil and gave no incentive to use melee weapons. My bow play will be nerfed too, and no river of tears flow from me. Just find a new source of cheap kills. People always do.

All thats needed now is for them to readjust the greatsword sneak damage if that heavy attack on an armored player target was indeed that high and adjust dual wield to be slightly higher than that, so its bow/1h+sh > gs > dw in sneak strength.

With this im tuning off of this topic because pretty sure it will be impossible to reason with those who thot 2k+ 50m range hits were at all fair and balanced. There will be some excuse to attempt to make it seem feesable and that it only hurts nightblades but all that will be false.

Now, bring on the lols. Im close to my next badge.

They really do not need to lessen 2h attack damage from sneaking. What they need to do improve 2H ability in combat in general. They just gave use a new passive that is suppose work when a heavy attack is hit but they seem to forget that people block easily which completely makes this passive worthless. I want to feel like i am swing a giant sword not box cutter that cannot split through a block.

How often have you been hit w/ a Wrecking Blow from stealth?

I can count the number of times pretty easily: 0. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I certainly haven't seen many roving bands of Conan stealthy barbarians one-shotting people from stealth w/ their 2 handers.

Doesn't seem like the stealth nerf will really effect the 2hander all that much to be completely honest. And really, Wrecking Blow is pretty much the highest damage ability that you can even use from stealth. Curbing that by ~20% against players only doesn't seem all that problematic to me. The thing hits way harder than the Snipes people are complaining about.

Also, the new passive for the 2hander seems to be aimed more at PvE where you can not only get off heavy attacks, but using heavy attacks is a part of the standard rotation for most high dps stamina builds.
    Edited by Varicite on October 24, 2014 11:34PM
    Options
  • Cogo
    Cogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orious13 wrote: »
    Why don't people test it out before they cry nerf?

I for one would rather there be no <1 second kills. Right now I am a stamina build not even VR 14 yet, but picked up a damage shield because of nightblade's burst damage. Now they only kill me in <1 second 50% of the time.

What needs to happen is lower cost of stamina skills and increase effectiveness of those skills. The sneak bonus is a basic skill-set of all classes. So what you will see is this sneak bonus being reduced, but over time the specific skills on the correct classes will see an increase. The main edge with sneaking is so you always attack first. Bonus damage is secondary. Remember that they said they wanted to raise all skills to the level of the current op/boring builds.

You mean....you actually went out, played for a bit and tried for yourself?

What madness is that!!

My hat off for you sir! :)

Maybe some others here should do the same.

Ps, werewolves dont even have the new skills yet and starting to be a BIT OP when used right.
    Oghur Hatemachine, Guild leader of The Nephilim - EU Megaserver
    Orc Weapon Specialist and Warchief of the Ebonheart Pact - Trueflame Cyrodiil War Campaign
    Guildsite: The Nephilim

"I don't agree with what you are saying, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"
    -Voltaire

"My build? Improvise, overcome and adapt!"
    Options
  • nightwalkerrobin_ESO
    My rant is the only thing I can add here as the players have already posted what will fix the problems. But I feel I need to make my opinion known as well.

Ok ZOS, reducing the time werewolves are in WW form is going the WRONG WAY! You were doing good when 1.5 hit the PTS, there was just some tweaks that needed to be done. But you decided to go the wrong way.

Ok, try this. Get rid of the timer altogether. There is no reason why a WW should have to have a time limit to his transformation. Vampires are Vampires all the time. What was the reason you originally made the WW so bad? None of you ever played Skyrim I guess. I never have, but I have talked to several people who have played it as WW and is sounds so much better than you was done here. So why not just get rid of the timer. Let us transform when we want, make us Killed On Site (KOS) by city guards if we transform in a city. Yes, I realize that this would be a problem with some quests as we are working with NPC guards and or soldiers. But then the undead (vampires) are working with them and they don't even notice.

If we must keep the timer, then make it so that the times pauses when we are not fighting. Have it count down only when we are in combat. Take the cooldown timer off of Devour, so we can devour one corpse after another to fully recharge our timer again. This should not be difficult, and in no way are Werewolves OP. Almost all the posts made here that compare racial form damage to WW form damage clearly post that WW damage is behind the racial form damage. So no issues with being OP there.

Enough said, because I doubt it will change now.
    Options
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly can't say I have ever been 1-shotted by any weapon from stealth and I wear light armor mostly (heal) and medium (if "dps"). Awareness factor is important, for example if you listen music while playing and therefore don't hear incoming snipe - its your fault...ability is not overpowered (it gives you a few fair chances to survive).

Once I remember riding and I got marked and heard the whispering sound of lethal arrow, but before I could properly react after dismounting I got hit simultaneously by two lethal arrows (2 players) 1.5k hit per arrow + enchants+dot and they just got me 2-shotted. I only thought "such a great co-operation", this happens.

If I were to give my 2 septims on this matter, I wouldn't touch stealth/sneak dmg (it is ok as it is and reducing it would do more harm than good), but I would rather change magelight morphs a bit.

Magelight:
    - As it is now.

Inner Light:
    - Remove the ball so many hate, but leave the blueish aura (hands/face).
    - This ability won't show hidden players anymore. Only gives added crit %

Radiant Magelight:
    - As it is now, except:
    - Reveals enemy players from increased range (15m).
    - Has the ball as a visual cue: "this guy can see me"
    - Increase protection from stealth bonus damage from 50 to 60%.
    - Show the area of protection more clearly by faint bluish circle on ground, so that allies can see it easier.

This change would make countering sneak attack a simple and easy option.
    And all those casters who use inner light for added crit% doesn't have to cry about the ugly ball anymore. BUT you can't see hidden people anymore (still crying about your ball?)

EDIT: Basically other is more offensive and other defensive morph. pve/pvp
    Edited by CirithValaria on October 25, 2014 8:34AM
    Motto:
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us...
    What we have done for others and the world, it remains and is immortal...”

About me:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia & @Lilith-Valar'ia (in-game)
    | hardcore-casual | pc-eu / ps4-eu | pve | pvp | player since early beta | subscriber since early-launch |
    | The Sanctum Sanctorum - founder & guild master |

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Cirith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Lady of Light, Templar DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Aldmeri Dominion (Master Crafter - all crafts, traits & styles.)
    Nezghul Sithis | Breton (F) | Winter Ward, Warden Tank (magic) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Hakrate Hecate | Orc (F) | Dying Light, Templar DD (stamina, PvP) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Tummien-Vesien-Tulkki | Argonian (M) | Blood Shield, Nightblade Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Valonkantaja | Argonian (F) | Healer of the Hist, Templar Healer | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Tulenvalaja | Argonian (M) | Guardian of the Hist, Dragonknight DD (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kuolon-Raatojen-Kaitsija | Argonian (M) | Corpsekeeper of the Hist, Necromancer Tank (magic) | lvl 20 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kal-Mah | Argonian (F) | Spawn of Wamasu, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Puutiainen | Bosmer (F) | Horny Ravager, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Musta-Surma | Khajiit (F) | Nightpawler, Nightblade DD - thief/murderer (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    T'Sok Shiar | Altmer (F) | Touched by Daedra, Sorcerer DD (magic) | (ex)VR 1 | Daggerfall Covenant (Master Cook - all recipes.)
    S'auron | Khajiit (M) | Poison Paw, Dragonknight DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Lilith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Phœnix, Dragonknight Healer | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Stormpaw | Khajiit (F) | Cpt. Pirate Puss, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Iliath Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Storm Ward, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Haudantakainen | Argonian (M) | Pale Avenger, Nightblade DD (magic) | lvl 25 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kira Tal'Shiar | Breton (F) | Warrior of Light, Templar DD (magic) | lvl 10 | Ebonheart Pact
    Sunpaw | Khajiit (M) | Crescent Moon Guardian, Templar Tank (stamina, PvP) | lvl 40 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Shangri Shadowtusk | Orc (F) | Shadowtusk, Nightblade DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    Topaz-dar | Khajiit (F) | Mysticat, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 5 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Her-Frozen-Heart | Argonian (F) | Frozen Shield, Warden Tank (magicka) | lvl 5 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Neazgûl | Redguard (F) | Bear Matron, Warden DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (160CP)
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My rant is the only thing I can add here as the players have already posted what will fix the problems. But I feel I need to make my opinion known as well.

Ok ZOS, reducing the time werewolves are in WW form is going the WRONG WAY! You were doing good when 1.5 hit the PTS, there was just some tweaks that needed to be done. But you decided to go the wrong way.

Ok, try this. Get rid of the timer altogether. There is no reason why a WW should have to have a time limit to his transformation. Vampires are Vampires all the time. What was the reason you originally made the WW so bad? None of you ever played Skyrim I guess. I never have, but I have talked to several people who have played it as WW and is sounds so much better than you was done here. So why not just get rid of the timer. Let us transform when we want, make us Killed On Site (KOS) by city guards if we transform in a city. Yes, I realize that this would be a problem with some quests as we are working with NPC guards and or soldiers. But then the undead (vampires) are working with them and they don't even notice.

If we must keep the timer, then make it so that the times pauses when we are not fighting. Have it count down only when we are in combat. Take the cooldown timer off of Devour, so we can devour one corpse after another to fully recharge our timer again. This should not be difficult, and in no way are Werewolves OP. Almost all the posts made here that compare racial form damage to WW form damage clearly post that WW damage is behind the racial form damage. So no issues with being OP there.

Enough said, because I doubt it will change now.

Well in skyrim when you became a werewolf you have a timer on it. You never had to worry about charging an ultimate but you still have a timer.You can change when you want to but if you want to stay in ww form you still have to devour bodies just like in eso. So not really a change there. One of the only cool things about ww in skyrim was the kill cams other than that is about as boring as the WW is in this game except that WW in eso has more abilities than the ones in skyrim now. WW always has a timer in the past elders scrolls games. So that would probably not change.Were wolfs in skyrim has 150 sec timer but of course implement this in a mmo is not going to work since ww never really was that powerful and were only powerful against NPCs not player characters. So that why WW are not implentment in this game as well.

Also comparing the vampires transformation to werewolves transformation is completely different lore-wise in eso and in general. You always have human form and werewolf form while vampires will only have a vampiric form since they have completely lost their humanity hence is the reason why vampires in eso can use their powers with their other abilities while WW lose their abilities because they become beast form. If you state there are ww in eso with a permanent ww form. Well yes because they have lost control thus not being able to change back or they completely lost their human form because of madness.

In Skyrim, WW had only one weakness and that was silver but since they do not have this application in eso they change the weakness to poison and the fighters guild abilities. Vampires in skyrim are general weak to fire and could not walk in the daylight without losing health. They had illusions spells and they had a reduction in health regen. They were not that great until the dawnguard dlc where vampires can turn into a vampiric lord which is when vampires became more useful. The also lost the debuff of losing health when there is sun light instead they became weaker in sunlight but they do not die.

Vampires in eso are a mixtures of the Vampire lords from the dawnguard dlc and normal vampires. They also stated in the eso live that vampires who are stage 4 and people who change into werewolfs in public will be persecuted in the justice system when it comes out. Just like in past games.

So ZOS is only trying to implement the ww in a mmo way.
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly can't say I have ever been 1-shotted by any weapon from stealth and I wear light armor mostly (heal) and medium (if "dps"). Awareness factor is important, for example if you listen music while playing and therefore don't hear incoming snipe - its your fault...ability is not overpowered (it gives you a few fair chances to survive).

Once I remember riding and I got marked and heard the whispering sound of lethal arrow, but before I could properly react after dismounting I got hit simultaneously by two lethal arrows (2 players) 1.5k hit per arrow + enchants+dot and they just got me 2-shotted. I only thought "such a great co-operation", this happens.

If I were to give my 2 septims on this matter, I wouldn't touch stealth/sneak dmg (it is ok as it is and reducing it would do more harm than good), but I would rather change magelight morphs a bit.

Magelight:
    - As it is now.

Inner Light:

Radiant Magelight:
    - As it is now, except:
    - Show the area of protection more clearly by faint bluish circle on ground, so that allies can see it easier.

And all those casters who use inner light for added crit% doesn't have to cry about the ugly ball anymore. BUT you can't see hidden people anymore (still crying about your ball?)

I agree inner light should be an inner light. No floating light ball.
    Options
  • Cogo
    Cogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, but with the right setup WW increases stamina based builds by tons.
    Just to say it, I am NOT talking PvP 1v1.

Stamina utilization and "power" output.

Inner light is just what it is. Why do some people only look at their game?

Inner light is quite big in TES. It's always been the source of light when going into a dungeon or swamp....

Like it or not, ESO isnt a pure anything MMO. It's ESO.
    Oghur Hatemachine, Guild leader of The Nephilim - EU Megaserver
    Orc Weapon Specialist and Warchief of the Ebonheart Pact - Trueflame Cyrodiil War Campaign
    Guildsite: The Nephilim

"I don't agree with what you are saying, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"
    -Voltaire

"My build? Improvise, overcome and adapt!"
    Options
  • Oronell
    Oronell
    ✭✭✭
    Werewolf is suffering from an identity crisis because its both an Ultimate and a Skill line.

I believe most players want a Werewolf "experience" which means focus should be placed on the Skill Line aspect i.e. more time in beast mode and passives that apply to human form. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

If this were done the "Ultimate" aspect could simply express itself through teamwork with other werewolves i.e. pack running. Pack Leaders could drive this by providing a selection of buffs to no more than three Werewolves in a group, this would also mean that without a full group of Werewolves the buffs can't be applied. It could even be a symbiotic relationship i.e. three Berserkers apply an armor buff to the Pack Leader while the single pack leader provides a damage buff to the three Berserkers. This would encourage people to form packs and build relationships with other werewolves.

Has anyone proposed a synergy ability for Pack Leaders? If a Pack Leader transforms first other Werewolves in human form can use synergy to go beast mode before they reach the Ultimate cost needed to transform. I'm a Berserker but would love to see this. This would work extremely well if the Ultimate cost was high and the transformation was based on a timer.

Also not sure if this has been suggested but how about .12 seconds of transformation per unit of Ultimate (Max Ultimate gives you 120 seconds) with a much higher activation cost.

In a nutshell, focus on the experience (i.e. forget about damage buffs because its an Ultimate in name only) but keep all the new skills and perks you've added. Provide another passive in human form (stealth detection) and consider the above "Pack Ultimate" and "Pack Leader Synergy" suggestions.

No more identity crisis and BOOM, happy Werewolves imo.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ .
    Options
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Magelight:
    - As it is now.

Inner Light:

Radiant Magelight:
    - As it is now, except:

I like these changes, and I've seen them asked for time and again in these forums.

Would be nice if ZOS would take a note and make these slight changes. Would be a very slight nerf to Inner Light, though. I think w/ the number of magicka builds currently active, there'd be quite the outcry about that.
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oronell wrote: »
    Werewolf is suffering from an identity crisis because its both an Ultimate and a Skill line.

I believe most players want a Werewolf "experience" which means focus should be placed on the Skill Line aspect i.e. more time in beast mode and passives that apply to human form. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

If this were done the "Ultimate" aspect could simply express itself through teamwork with other werewolves i.e. pack running. Pack Leaders could drive this by providing a selection of buffs to no more than three Werewolves in a group, this would also mean that without a full group of Werewolves the buffs can't be applied. It could even be a symbiotic relationship i.e. three Berserkers apply an armor buff to the Pack Leader while the single pack leader provides a damage buff to the three Berserkers. This would encourage people to form packs and build relationships with other werewolves.

Has anyone proposed a synergy ability for Pack Leaders? If a Pack Leader transforms first other Werewolves in human form can use synergy to go beast mode before they reach the Ultimate cost needed to transform. I'm a Berserker but would love to see this. This would work extremely well if the Ultimate cost was high and the transformation was based on a timer.

Also not sure if this has been suggested but how about .12 seconds of transformation per unit of Ultimate (Max Ultimate gives you 120 seconds) with a much higher activation cost.

In a nutshell, focus on the experience (i.e. forget about damage buffs because its an Ultimate in name only) but keep all the new skills and perks you've added. Provide another passive in human form (stealth detection) and consider the above "Pack Ultimate" and "Pack Leader Synergy" suggestions.

I don't think they are trying to devote a lot of time and resources to WW, which is why all of the changes are basically just tweaks to what is already there and adding new skills that are probably just copy and paste jobs with a new animation and similar efects to other skills. Tweaking what is already there is vastly easier than coming up with some new mechanic.

Your idea is great though.
    Edited by timidobserver on October 25, 2014 4:41PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • Shayu
    Shayu
    ✭✭✭
    Oronell wrote: »

I don't think they are trying to devote a lot of time and resources to WW, which is why all of the changes are basically just tweaks to what is already there and adding new skills that are probably just copy and paste jobs with a new animation and similar efects to other skills. Tweaking what is already there is vastly easier than coming up with some new mechanic.

Your idea is great though.

Actually they have put a lot of work into the werewolves. Implementing skills into the game, getting it approved, animating it, ect. Is a lengthy process. It's not that wolves haven't been shown enough love, they just haven't done a very good job balancing us.
    Options
  • Shayu
    Shayu
    ✭✭✭
    Shayu wrote: »

I thought it was. Much like animation cancelling, unlimited run with horse, and other broken parts of the game, I suggest turning it into a "of course we meant to do that" and keep it interruptible as a balancing feature to it hypothetically working like overload.

I disagree, you shouldn't be able to cancel a 400 ultimate.
    Options
  • Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ Does 1.5.1 include the fixes from 1.4.7?
    Yes, it does!
    Gurchanar wrote: »
    I was hoping to see Shield Dyes. And some major Gaurd NPC are still without cloths..
    Which guards?

I loved how you completely ignored the shield dye issue and skipped to the guard issue. Mentioned this at least 50 times in game and in forums. Still waiting for shield dyes. Can someone else post this too so they actually see this over and over and can't ignore it? Something to the effect that of "We all want shield dyes!" Seriously, am I the only one that hates my tanks not matching armor dyes?
    "When in doubt, kill it with fire."
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When they decide that a skill is a bad skill or an unbalanced skil, instead of neutering it and making it useless, the policy should be to simply replace it. They should just delete annulment and replace it with something entirely different rather than making it a wasted skill.
    Edited by timidobserver on October 26, 2014 5:08AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Djeriko wrote: »
    Yes, it does!
    I was hoping to see Shield Dyes. And some major Gaurd NPC are still without cloths..
    Which guards?

I loved how you completely ignored the shield dye issue and skipped to the guard issue. Mentioned this at least 50 times in game and in forums. Still waiting for shield dyes. Can someone else post this too so they actually see this over and over and can't ignore it? Something to the effect that of "We all want shield dyes!" Seriously, am I the only one that hates my tanks not matching armor dyes?

They've already said they're working on it, but there's not ETA.

What more do you want, exactly? : o
    When they decide that a skill is a bad skill or an unbalanced skil, instead of neutering it and making it useless, the policy should be to simply replace it. They should just delete annulment and replace it with something entirely different rather than making it a wasted skill.

It's about as useful as Evasion, no? Prolly be easier to just neuter Immovable and make them all about the same usefulness. : P
    Edited by Varicite on October 26, 2014 5:11AM
    Options
  • Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    I may have missed where they answered the shield dye post Varicite but I appreciate you passing it on.

Also I apparently forgot to mention that the crafted item set known as "Orgnum's Scales" which you receive access to after completing the Fighters Guild line does not properly activate its 5 item set trait which is adding 50% hp rec when under 60% max hp. Just passing that along as well.
    "When in doubt, kill it with fire."
    Options
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may have missed where they answered the shield dye post Varicite but I appreciate you passing it on.

Also I apparently forgot to mention that the crafted item set known as "Orgnum's Scales" which you receive access to after completing the Fighters Guild line does not properly activate its 5 item set trait which is adding 50% hp rec when under 60% max hp. Just passing that along as well.

Ah, I don't think it was answered in a post, but in one of their interviews. : )

They said something to the effect of "this is something that we like and are working on, but we aren't sure when it will make it into the game currently".
    Options
  • nalimoleb14_ESO
    nalimoleb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a minor suggestion about the chat bubbles, after testing on the PTS - they look great, but the font size shouldn't get bigger when you zoom into the character who is speaking (for example: yourself) because they get huge and clunky. They should remain a fixed size regardless of whether you zoom in or not, if not everyone will have to zoom out when using chat bubbles so the text doesn't eat up 1/3 of the screen. Thank you!!
    Options
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »
    Yes, it does!
    Which guards?

Probably an ETA.
    Options
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »
    Yes, it does!
    Which guards?

Probably an ETA.

lol, fair enough. : P
    Edited by Varicite on October 26, 2014 5:31PM
    Options