PTS Patch Notes v1.5.1

• fyrnas
    fyrnas
    ✭✭
    Ifthir_ESO wrote: »
    Nerfing stealth attacks...... Anyone know the numbers yet?

Yes, the last 60 people still playing NB's will have no choice but to finally go play something else or reroll as a DK.

Thats true, if something in this game is OP, its rly DK and not stealth attackers (nb). As NB sniper you can give 2-3k dmg only to few targets and isnt so easy do it...its can be countered with all protective skills and then your character is useless, without survability cuz for 2-3k dmg you have no place for some protective skills, only cloak which is still so useless. Ok i can kill few ppl with one shot or few shot but if i take few skills from skill spamers im down in 2 sec ( and this is fair? if someone who dont need use any tactics just spam skill and in it be still blocking? is this fair?) in this game is from start so hard play as stealther. please someone who cry for 2-3k dmg try this build and look how usefull it is..you have 3-6 targets of 20 group enemies - just try it and then say.
    Sorry for my english is rly bad i know.
    Edited by fyrnas on October 29, 2014 10:41AM
    Options
  • Kromus
    Kromus
    ✭✭✭
    Decimus wrote: »
    Kromus wrote: »
    Yes stealth attacks are totally op, I'm so happy with this change -_-
    *Sarcasm overdose*

Not sure what's the problem here. You got swarmed by FOUR different players at the same time and they swarmed you with ultimate abilities. They could easily do it with any other normal abilities and you would most certainly be dead in second when four player focus on you.

Point is those are visible, you can counter it or evade it, which can't be said for sneak attacks dealing 3k damage in one and half second and going back to sneak. Combine that with fact that dropping down from horse takes more time than you need to burst people dead and we get a cliche of free kills without any sweat for you.

Btw, recommendation for ZOS... consider making players immune to damage while they are falling from horse. When game calculates that amount of damage needed to bring you down from horse is filled and starts to dismount you it should also make you immune to outside damage until falling animation ends and you stand up, ready to respond.

> Four players in stealth, how are you going to counter/evade that? Oh right, you can use one of the DK/NB specs for tanking people and be good at it. A stamina build cannot do that.

--- What are you talking about? CirithValaria made a comment how is glad about nerf to sneak attacks and backing it up by screenshot of being focused and killed by four different people at same time, with their ultimate abilities and NOT from sneak.

> How to counter a single sniper then?
    Easy, you get more health, you use the right mouse button for blocking, or you dodge roll.

--- Have 3838 HP with all buffs so can't go much higher than that currently and for some time don't have issues with being ganked from stealth in 1-2 seconds when my game is responsive, but it's not only me who plays this game. Lot of people get frustrated over possibility to get ganked by single enemy in 1-2 seconds without any chance to respond. That's not a PvP or skill oriented gameplay. It's plain math with picking combination of abilities (enchants, traits etc.) that you will fire in 2 second sequence (from sneak) and call it a win. Game should be about who have bigger balls, not guns. Otherwise we can just play some f2p nuke vs. nuke and who hit big red button first, wins all. On top of that, sneakers like to attack people on horses to get even more advantage, so my question to you is how you block or dodge roll while on horse?

> They already made it so that you have more time to react after the initial hit (having Heavy Attack & Venom Arrow land at the same time is no longer possible with the shorter cast/animation of Snipe).

--- Maybe in perfect scenario with working servers and real-time game responsivnes, not with all lags and bugs.

> Falling down from horse? Also easily countered. Get more stamina for your horse (yeah, it's the other thing you can feed to your horse) and stop spamming the spring key.

If your horse has enough stamina, not only will you not get knocked down, but you will avoid the sneak attack stun as well.

--- Wrong. Have speed and stamina horses maxed and difference is only in amount of damage you can take before game triggers dismounting/falling. Also, full stamina horse can lead to being nuked and killed before game even triggers dismounting, leaving you dead on the horse.

> People will always complain about things that kill them, rather than looking at themselves & thinking how they could improve their play.

--- Really? You defend the state of game where people can get one shoted without any chance to respond and saying how "victims" need to improve their play? What play when one may be killed in 2 seconds without any chance to respond?

> Oh and by the way, Ambush->Surprise Attack->Soul Tether/Harvest will still one shot you. Only thing nerfed were the stamina builds that actually relied on heavy burst damage.

--- Yes, it would kill most of people and that is the problem. I'll repeat what i said earlier... It;s plain math with picking combination of abilities (enchants, traits etc.) that you will fire in 2 second sequence (from sneak) and call it a win. Game should be about who have bigger balls, not guns, else it's a copy of WoW with constant race to more powerful gear every 3 months or so. If you are playing this game you sure noticed how trivial end-game gear and upgrades are to what you can get outside trials, thus, this game is skill oriented not gear oriented.

Options
  • fyrnas
    fyrnas
    ✭✭
    To Kromus:
    Im not sure what do you want say with it but i see in your comment only this few ppl crying which are able to easy kill with everyone. Ofc death targets are frustrated...im frustrated if im in 20 members group and we met one DK standing against us 5mins - and?....sorry but i really dont underestand what this ppl in your comment want to say...cuz this crying is so irelevant for my "sneaking" problem.
    Options
  • Jordy816
    Jordy816
    Soul Shriven
    Is there going to be a skill reset cost reduction in the official release of update 5 ?
    I want to go back to my mage DK because im still not happy how a dual wielding DK is terrible at pvp and endgame content
    Edited by Jordy816 on October 29, 2014 7:57PM
    Options
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like the ESO team does an amazing job with PvE as a whole.

I think the people who are making PvP decisions need to get some perspective though.

@Ifthir_ESO‌ , I, too, would like to see more PvE content!

PvP seems to get the focus and new content.

Crafting writs and similar features help, but add some update content for PvE, especially for solo play . Also, improve LFG functionality. Searches frequently turn up nothing for me on either NA or EU, or else group requests are ignored or produces the dreaded "ESO_xxx is already in a group" result.
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
    Options
  • Milf_Hero
    Milf_Hero
    ✭✭✭
    Heavy armor needs some lovin. currently the most used armor is light armor. The second would probably be medium for those trying to make stamina builds work. Where is is heavy? on the backburner. I heard one of my guildies say that heavy armor is over rated. yep. a tank doesn't have to wear heavy armor. actually light armor is better. Which makes no sense.
    You name it, and ill kill it.
    Options
  • Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    ***_Hero wrote: »
    Heavy armor needs some lovin. currently the most used armor is light armor. The second would probably be medium for those trying to make stamina builds work. Where is is heavy? on the backburner. I heard one of my guildies say that heavy armor is over rated. yep. a tank doesn't have to wear heavy armor. actually light armor is better. Which makes no sense.

Armor is getting revamped entirely. Coming with the champion system. I know that's a ways off... But hey, any least they did say they're addressing it.
    "Shadow hide you"

Jacques Berge - v14 NB - DC
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cogo wrote: »
    Sorry, but with the right setup WW increases stamina based builds by tons.
    Just to say it, I am NOT talking PvP 1v1.

Stamina utilization and "power" output.

Inner light is just what it is. Why do some people only look at their game?

Inner light is quite big in TES. It's always been the source of light when going into a dungeon or swamp....

Like it or not, ESO isnt a pure anything MMO. It's ESO.

Not inner light that is called mage
    Auldjohn wrote: »

I think the people who are making PvP decisions need to get some perspective though.

Crafting writs and similar features help, but add some update content for PvE, especially for solo play . Also, improve LFG functionality. Searches frequently turn up nothing for me on either NA or EU, or else group requests are ignored or produces the dreaded "ESO_xxx is already in a group" result.
    Well they are improving the LFG with update 5 but would probably need to be tests on the live server because it is really hard find people on the pts. They need to improve functions like combat, traits, and skills which will help both pve and pvp. Which they have said they put in update 6.
    Options
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of things to love in 1.5 but stealth nerf.... awful.
    I stopped playing my stealthy stamina NB a while ago due to the constant breaking of the class skills and mechanics it relied on. Funnel-health magicka spam didn't appeal to me nor did the NB PvP tank so I created a Templar which is, of course, a faceroll joke in comparison.

I got a LOT of kills on my NB in PvP against bad players and some against the unfortunate and unprepared. It was still very hard to take out players in a zerg but you could just do it. Now it will be impossible.

I think the type of player complaining the hardest is the zergball healer. I would target them and, with a success rate of about 50%, just kill them if they were spamming springs or something that required block-off. Targeting healers in the zergball from stealth was a strategic and helpful (usually unnoticed) tactic and the ONLY way to take them out en route without significant focused fire and/or numbers.

I'd never kill a decent DK/Templar who was prepared. Never. It's almost impossible with a NB archer build. You can get them when they're unprepared and that's what annoys them. They want to wander around Cyrodiil with impunity. There should be considerable risk involved wandering around on your own paying no attention to your surroundings. Not any more. Just spam those shields, spam the heals and that useless archer will have to run or die (all the time instead of a lot of the time as previously).

If you died a lot to NB stealth archers in Cyro you were either bad or a key target and, hey, sometimes you have to die.

All this does is allow for my Templar to run around carefree not worrying about ganking archers. Laughing all the way to the healspam. Yet another strike against variation by ZOS.

Honestly though people.. with the upcoming spellcrafting etc if you hadn't planned on retiring your stamina builds you ought to think again and rebuild your NB into a pvp tank or pvp/pve funnel-health spammer or create another class. Respec magicka. Just do it.

Options
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly Spellcrafting looks more like you'll be able to make some decent Stamina Based things. Or at least it should, that's what would make sense in my eyes and help keep things balanced between magicka and stamina, no?
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
    Options
  • thorspark
    thorspark
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly Spellcrafting looks more like you'll be able to make some decent Stamina Based things. Or at least it should, that's what would make sense in my eyes and help keep things balanced between magicka and stamina, no?

The words Spell and Stamina don't seem to go along in the game. I wouldn' expect too much from this for stamina players.

DK Vet 12 / NB Vampire Vet 7 / Sorcerer Vet 5 / Templar WW - Guilde Les pochtrons
    Options
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thorspark wrote: »

The words Spell and Stamina don't seem to go along in the game. I wouldn' expect too much from this for stamina players.

They mentioned a stamina restoration spell that costs magicka that I'm pretty interested in.

Other than that, no idea.
    Options
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as we know,everything's up in the air at this point. I'm just saying, the things we can do with Stamina don't always make sense either, the whole turning an entire arrow to a poison missile, creating barriers simply by running at people with a shield up, gaining armor by stabbing them, ehhhh it's weird but still awesome.

Also I can see new skill lines devoted to using armor and/or weapons being made through Spellcrafting, like a spell that increases weapon usage in some way that runs on Stamina, etc. It's not as far fetched as you imagine, but alas, as I said, it's all up in the air.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
    Options
  • thorspark
    thorspark
    ✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »
    They mentioned a stamina restoration spell that costs magicka that I'm pretty interested in.

I hope it will be better than the rally heal, which is quite poor. The point with rally is that it's a good skill even without the heal.
    But a heal dedicated to stamina would sure help a lot.

DK Vet 12 / NB Vampire Vet 7 / Sorcerer Vet 5 / Templar WW - Guilde Les pochtrons
    Options
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭

I hope it will be better than the rally heal, which is quite poor. The point with rally is that it's a good skill even without the heal.
    But a heal dedicated to stamina would sure help a lot.

I don't think the rally heal is poor at all :open_mouth:

I mean, if you compare it to dragon's blood or some of the templar burst heals, or even healing springs, then yeah it isn't going to wow anyone.

But if you compare it to say, regeneration from the resto staff tree, and even the mutagen morph (a very similar mechanic heal), then it's amazing. I get 1200 crit heals if I can wait 20 or so seconds to recast my rally. And that only cost like 180 stamina.

Before as a NB stamina character, my only heal was from entropy (degeneration), which is so very little and there's so much time between the heals.

With rally added in, I get both more consistent heals with the HoT, and on demand burst heals with the second activation. I'm pretty damn content with how they did it, seems very balanced. (Or maybe it just seems great for my build ;))

EDIT: Unless of course you're talking about rally pre-1.5 for some reason, then of course I'd agree with you. But post-1.5 rally is going to be awesome for me.
    Edited by Thejollygreenone on October 30, 2014 6:40PM
    Options
  • philroberts79b16_ESO
    philroberts79b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Just thought I would add that Impulse has had the nurff bat twice now, first one was casting cost increased and now range decreased, but you have to live with it and adapt.

I don't think anyone should be taking out any player in one hit at all in PVP and not just NB but anyway of doing it should be nurffered full stop and removed from the game, its just not fun at all, and was not intended to be in the game in the first place.

It just stops people taking part in PVP and any good MMO player will know that, and I don't think Vamp has been nurffed enough either.

But glad stamina is now getting some form of regain that is a plus, I never used a stam build but will now its been improved.
    Options
  • prdatur
    prdatur
    Soul Shriven
    Lots of things to love in 1.5 but stealth nerf.... awful.
    I stopped playing my stealthy stamina NB a while ago due to the constant breaking of the class skills and mechanics it relied on. Funnel-health magicka spam didn't appeal to me nor did the NB PvP tank so I created a Templar which is, of course, a faceroll joke in comparison.

I got a LOT of kills on my NB in PvP against bad players and some against the unfortunate and unprepared. It was still very hard to take out players in a zerg but you could just do it. Now it will be impossible.

I think the type of player complaining the hardest is the zergball healer. I would target them and, with a success rate of about 50%, just kill them if they were spamming springs or something that required block-off. Targeting healers in the zergball from stealth was a strategic and helpful (usually unnoticed) tactic and the ONLY way to take them out en route without significant focused fire and/or numbers.

I'd never kill a decent DK/Templar who was prepared. Never. It's almost impossible with a NB archer build. You can get them when they're unprepared and that's what annoys them. They want to wander around Cyrodiil with impunity. There should be considerable risk involved wandering around on your own paying no attention to your surroundings. Not any more. Just spam those shields, spam the heals and that useless archer will have to run or die (all the time instead of a lot of the time as previously).

If you died a lot to NB stealth archers in Cyro you were either bad or a key target and, hey, sometimes you have to die.

All this does is allow for my Templar to run around carefree not worrying about ganking archers. Laughing all the way to the healspam. Yet another strike against variation by ZOS.

Honestly though people.. with the upcoming spellcrafting etc if you hadn't planned on retiring your stamina builds you ought to think again and rebuild your NB into a pvp tank or pvp/pve funnel-health spammer or create another class. Respec magicka. Just do it.

Yes, I agree with 100%.
    I am currently a Nightblade with the love of ganking.
    Yes you can kill other players really quick, but if a player is a little bit to far away and you need to walk instead to shot the last arrows which is needed to kill someone, you mostly go into sneak again and hope to escape.
    And in the current time, many players have horses with good stamina, so they just ride and dont get knocked down.
    Also you not always kill with one shot, a really one shot only occures if the player is vamp/werewolf, you do a critical strike + you have activated stealh hunter.
    There it is possible to get around 2.6 - 2.7k dmg (pvp bow with 100 unresistable damage). But this happens sooo rarely, that this can not be the state of the art "they kill all the time with one shot".

ZOS changed it to nerf stealh dmg bonus because they thing it is over powered? Really? ZOS said they want DragonKnights to feel strong. I can agree to this but it can not be that 6-7 PvP Players, mixed in all classes (also another DK in it), are attacking one single DragonKnight and the DragonKnight has still a chance to kill everyone.... If he is doing it right and focus on not doing damage, he mostly is still after 30 seconds or more alive.
    THIS is in my opinion an overpowered class.

I really love this game and except the all time crashes. I have in average in 1 or 2 days in a week to get 5 x crash after directly logging in, in a row.
    And a crash after 1 h is getting normal. Also a really heavy siege or defending of castles are so laggy that you cant play there. All this I except because I really love the way TESO is played and there are many many many other players which have this thinking too. If you nerf players in that way, that ganking is useless. You will loose many players. If it is not useless with reverting back, it is only a bit harder to walk without a shield or good horse free in cyrodiil, but possible and no one will leave because it is a little bit harder and you have to know that it can be possible everywhere to get just be killed if you don't sneak or if you are unprepared.

Hope this post helps ZOS to get the opinion of a gank lover which always fear to get killed, even when he can kill someone quickly. A second player will mostly revenge him.

best regards,
    PrDatur
    Options
  • thorspark
    thorspark
    ✭✭✭
    I mean, if you compare it to dragon's blood or some of the templar burst heals, or even healing springs, then yeah it isn't going to wow anyone.

But if you compare it to say, regeneration from the resto staff tree, and even the mutagen morph (a very similar mechanic heal), then it's amazing. I get 1200 crit heals if I can wait 20 or so seconds to recast my rally. And that only cost like 180 stamina.

Before as a NB stamina character, my only heal was from entropy (degeneration), which is so very little and there's so much time between the heals.

With rally added in, I get both more consistent heals with the HoT, and on demand burst heals with the second activation. I'm pretty damn content with how they did it, seems very balanced. (Or maybe it just seems great for my build ;))

EDIT: Unless of course you're talking about rally pre-1.5 for some reason, then of course I'd agree with you. But post-1.5 rally is going to be awesome for me.

I agree this is a good thing for NBs that lack self heals a big time.

In Pve, how many fights last 20 seconds ? It's 10 seconds top for most fights. And for boss fights, the tick from rally won't save your ass. So yeah, good addition, but far from overwhelming.

In PvP it's even more true. Except from the gap closer, 2H skill line has too few utility to be efficient. Landing a Wrecking Blow is hard. NBs have a better finisher than the 2H one. And well, cleave ... is cleave.
    I prefer to wear DW to get heated blades that will save my life much more than the heal from rally.

And of course I'm speaking of the new rally, the old one was pretty useless.

Options
  • thorspark
    thorspark
    ✭✭✭
    Just thought I would add that Impulse has had the nurff bat twice now, first one was casting cost increased and now range decreased, but you have to live with it and adapt.

And yet, after nerf, Impulse will still be spammed, we wonder why.
    I don't think anyone should be taking out any player in one hit at all in PVP and not just NB but anyway of doing it should be nurffered full stop and removed from the game, its just not fun at all, and was not intended to be in the game in the first place.

Yeah, why don't we just remove all stealthed damage because it's not fun ?
    Not intended in the first place ... you gotta be kidding. It's a joke right ?
    Options
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And yet, after nerf, Impulse will still be spammed, we wonder why.

Yeah, why don't we just remove all stealthed damage because it's not fun ?
    Not intended in the first place ... you gotta be kidding. It's a joke right ?

Yes, because not killing a player in 1 second is exactly the same as removing stealth damage entirely.

Give me a break.
    Options
  • thorspark
    thorspark
    ✭✭✭

Yes, because not killing a player in 1 second is exactly the same as removing stealth damage entirely.

Give me a break.

My mistake, on first read I understood he wanted all stealth damage to be removed, not the ability to kill people in 1 sec.

I give you a break.

Options
  • Milf_Hero
    Milf_Hero
    ✭✭✭
    What do we all think NBs excel at? I know they tried to make every class flexible. Allowing people to try whatever they want. A NB with a restro and destroy megicka build. The sorc tank. DK Duel wielder, other crap like that. Honestly though, they all have their own play styles and areas that they do better than other classes. DKs fight in the midst of things. A lot of their skills are close range. Some of them medium, like chains, which just brings the enemy in to close range. Sorcs are ranged nukers. Slippery in their own way with bolt escape. Templars make the best healers or great tanks. NB, stealth is one of their weapons. Speed, stunning, and stringing attacks together to shred armor and other resistances to kill their targets. If they cant do this on the fist try, they result to guerrilla warfare tactics. Im ok with the nerfing sealth damage, mainly because its gotten me a few times. ;) but is it completely necessary ? eh. no. NB are NBs. They usually sneak around and do what they do. DKs have good survivability. Templars have decent survivability and good support heals, sorcs are like magical slippery *** NBs but labeled differently. I think each role has a part in pvp. If you try to vary from the formula then you will just not play as well. its still possible but not as easily accomplished.

Once spell crafting comes maybe you will be able to craft more than spells, maybe craft you own stamina feats I guess you could call them, since they arn't spells. Weapon "feats" like uppercut or whirl wind.
    Edited by Milf_Hero on October 31, 2014 10:58AM
    You name it, and ill kill it.
    Options
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auldjohn wrote: »

Whatever you're smoking, I want some.

Please point out to me which update had ANY new PvP content in it. I charge you to do that.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly can't say I have ever been 1-shotted by any weapon from stealth and I wear light armor mostly (heal) and medium (if "dps"). Awareness factor is important, for example if you listen music while playing and therefore don't hear incoming snipe - its your fault...ability is not overpowered (it gives you a few fair chances to survive).

Once I remember riding and I got marked and heard the whispering sound of lethal arrow, but before I could properly react after dismounting I got hit simultaneously by two lethal arrows (2 players) 1.5k hit per arrow + enchants+dot and they just got me 2-shotted. I only thought "such a great co-operation", this happens.

If I were to give my 2 septims on this matter, I wouldn't touch stealth/sneak dmg (it is ok as it is and reducing it would do more harm than good), but I would rather change magelight morphs a bit.

Magelight:
    - As it is now.

Inner Light:
    - Remove the ball so many hate, but leave the blueish aura (hands/face).
    - This ability won't show hidden players anymore. Only gives added crit %

Radiant Magelight:
    - As it is now, except:
    - Reveals enemy players from increased range (15m).
    - Has the ball as a visual cue: "this guy can see me"
    - Increase protection from stealth bonus damage from 50 to 60%.
    - Show the area of protection more clearly by faint bluish circle on ground, so that allies can see it easier.

This change would make countering sneak attack a simple and easy option.
    And all those casters who use inner light for added crit% doesn't have to cry about the ugly ball anymore. BUT you can't see hidden people anymore (still crying about your ball?)

EDIT: Basically other is more offensive and other defensive morph. pve/pvp

I like these changes, and I've seen them asked for time and again in these forums.

Would be nice if ZOS would take a note and make these slight changes. Would be a very slight nerf to Inner Light, though. I think w/ the number of magicka builds currently active, there'd be quite the outcry about that.

those people can cry all they want. what they get for taking the easy way:/
    Options
  • Orious13
    Orious13
    DDuke wrote: »
    Orious13 wrote: »
    Why don't people test it out before they cry nerf?

I for one would rather there be no <1 second kills. Right now I am a stamina build not even VR 14 yet, but picked up a damage shield because of nightblade's burst damage. Now they only kill me in <1 second 50% of the time.

What needs to happen is lower cost of stamina skills and increase effectiveness of those skills. The sneak bonus is a basic skill-set of all classes. So what you will see is this sneak bonus being reduced, but over time the specific skills on the correct classes will see an increase. The main edge with sneaking is so you always attack first. Bonus damage is secondary. Remember that they said they wanted to raise all skills to the level of the current op/boring builds.

Yes, I would also prefer no <1 second kills. But I would prefer that in a way that doesn't ruin a playstyle & promote further singularity in player builds, instead of dumbing down & removing burst/stealthy builds from the game. Wasn't removing critical strikes (Impenetrable) enough for the developers?

Also, I would hardly call stamina builds OP/boring... especially after the already reduced bow burst damage.

Not stamina builds boring/op... the staff flame circle spams. Although those don't get me very much anymore. Mainly the only way I die is from Nightblades almost instakilling me and vampire bat swarms.
    Options
  • VileIntent
    VileIntent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Decimus wrote: »
    VileIntent wrote: »
    Kypho wrote: »
    VileIntent wrote: »
    Oh, stealth damage reduction across the board? Yep this affect everyone equally. I'm looking foutward to the next patch where burst healing, fire damage, and ranged spells get nerfed. These will also affect everyone, equally.

I was wondering, can we get cloak changed to a skill where my toon throws glitter in the air and doesn't even try to go invisible.

I'm sorry to all my DK friends, it's really unfair for you guys to get face rolled, even if you aren't paying attention. I know I've killed guys in one hit, totally wasn't fair... Even though he was marked and I was using camo hunter and he was a vamp with 2.5k hp, totally unfair.

I was wondering, can I get concealed weapons changed? Have me give my enemy a wedgie or maybe a wet willie? I just figured this would be more fair. I'm sick of this game rewarding my meticulous hunting or my attention to my surroundings.

My NB friends, guys, let's just reroll and block cast in light armor, like everyone else.

I all ready do... was thinking of going back to bow until I read this. I feel your pain Brother. I can only imagine what they have planned for the dark brotherhood and how it will some worthless guild skill line. Assassinations means killing people quickly, but not so apparently in Elder Stacking Online. Remove Block casting please. I can pull 5 Wamasu and 10 scorpions v13 in upper craglorn and barely break a sweat using block casting as a magicka based Nightblade. Hold Block and face plant 1 key... mucho grande skill. ok, if you don't want to remove it at least give the act of doing it a 50% damage nerf to persuade players from holding block while casting.

Not just that killing ppl fast, you NEED to kill ppl fast or you are screwed. NB is the weakest class, that dmg was the only option (not speaking of the crap light armor BS). Thats it.

I personally do not believe Nightblades are weak. Medium armor stamina builds are weak. It lacks spell resistance and only has slightly better armor than light (which is normal). The biggest imbalance is block casting. A person in medium with a stamina build who uses mostly stamina skills and blocks will be out of resources before a magicka based player.
    its a simple as that. if blocking would keep a player from using any of the 5 skills minus the ultimate it would put magicka based builds on a slightly more even ground to stamina builds. the damage reduction from blocking is what offsets the two styles off play. If blocking used the resource that was the highest in total then that also would put the builds on a nor even ground. ie if I had 2500 magicka and 1700 stam, blocking would use magicka instead of stamina. to give an example.

A stamina build isn't supposed to hold block at all... you get passives to reduce roll dodge cost, that's what you use for survivability in PvP.

When you use Block = Opponent controls your resources
    When you Dodge Roll = You control your own resources (and the opponent's to a certain degree)

Or used. Stamina builds will be downright useless if these changes go live. How are you going to kill people in zergballs, if you have less burst damage than some magicka builds even?
    The stealthy "assassin" or "rogue" archetypes will be over, and this game will truly be "Elder Staves Online".

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]

this is the dumbest thing i have ever heard.... when they block they reduce the incoming damage you do to them all the while your taking the full damage from them using magicka abilities.
    Options
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My NB friends, guys, let's just reroll and block cast in light armor, like everyone else.

Might be the only option to be viable in PvP.

Of course the DK will all argue that NB is OP lol...because they don't want things fair across the board. "Omg.. but there was that one video of that one really good NB facerolling...class must be OP".
    Options
  • Pretext
    Pretext
    ✭✭
    Looks good!
    Edited by Pretext on November 2, 2014 11:12AM
    Options
  • Orious13
    Orious13
    I have the feeling the champion system will include a "bonus damage while hidden" perk. Makes since to reduce it across the board in that sense. Sure they could wait until champion system is done, but who knows.
    Options
  • Luvsfuzzybunnies
    Luvsfuzzybunnies
    ✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    DDuke wrote: »
    Erock25 wrote: »
    Samadhi wrote: »
    Combat & Gameplay
    General
    • Reduced the amount of bonus damage provided by stealthed attacks against other player characters.
      • Note that stealthed attacks are still always critical strikes that stun your target.

Why was this changed instead of simply fixing the skill that is in game that is programmed to have this effect?

Nerf all damages on a strategic advantage, instead of fixing the strategic counter to it?

Terrible approach; if this goes live, expect to have many Nightblade players to provide extreme outcry. This disproportionately nerfs Nightblade as a class, considering their Class skills are made to be used from stealth.

Please revert this change and fix Radiant Magelight instead.

Expect an outcry regarding Block mitigation coupled with this, fair warning.

Did we all really think 2-3k burst dmg out of stealth was fair?

Do you think not being able to heal/damage shield is fair?
    There are (should be) consequences to every build, with both weak & strong points. That's what makes them unique.

What this change does, it makes us become sorcs with Crystal Shards ("Snipe") and Venom Arrow ("Crushing Shock"). Nothing unique about that.

If something hits you for 2-3k, how about getting more than 3k health?
    (By the way, there are more things that hit you for 2-3k, such as Meteor & Silver Shards if you are a vampire, or Ambush->Soul Harvest/Flawless Dawnbreaker)

Instead of fixing the protective measure (Radiant Magelight), or giving more health to everyone in Cyrodiil, they decide to dumb down the game even more, which is a common outcome when developers listen to bad players who think everything is "OP".

So your answer is yes, you feel like one-shotting someone out of stealth is fair and a good mechanic for the game? 3k hp, while not the highest allowable, also is not bad and far from a glass cannon.

To answer your question yes it is fair for someone with low defenses to be killed quickly from stealth. This is considering a trinity or rock paper scissors system is in place. Mind you this game is not actually that as the supposed idea of a tank in this game is be able to sit in 30 people while casting an aoe root, defensive sheild that nullifies most ranged abilities, and enormous self heal with stamina and health regen attached to it. Or stack sheilds until a 3k burst only takes your sheild, or fails to do that even because damage sheilds effectively give you 100% crit resistance.
    Looking at that it means you the immovable object are actually able to deflect the unstoppable force if you will. If you get caught with your pants down you have to think quick. The initial bust is usually not enough to kill a 3k health target unless they are a vampire and the at attacker is using camo hunter. Otherwise players are free to break free and sheild stack. I've seen it dozens of times good players I have come across do this.
    High health does not make you not a glass cannon. Majority of people in pvp have 3k health or more. What needs to happen is damaged vs utility needs to be weighed. If you come across a nb who snipes for 2k plus know that they have given up survivability for that. This is a hard concept as every other class can put up those large numbers with no loss in survivability. In fact the more sp and magicka you stack the more survivable you become.
    Tanks have no business doing more damage than the dedicated dps classes. Healers should outhealing damage done straight up 1v1. No one should have an ability that guarantees escape or ignore cc placed on them. 360 block should be addressed if they mean to take away positional damage. I know people harp on wanting to be anything as any class (dps/tank/heals) but they fudged the concept by allowing certain classessment ro excel at all three areas at once. If you want to be a dedicated healer don't expect your dps and tanking abilities to be on par with dedicated dps and vice versa.
    Jukette VR12 DC Nightblade 14 day campaign.
    Kitten Kisser VR12 DC Sorcerer 14 day campaign
    Options